PDA

View Full Version : Keatings

cameronw-hfc
20-04-2016, 11:41 PM
What the **** was that? Comes on in the 80th minute or so, and barely runs a yard, and Stokes who had played 85 odd minutes more ran past him to chase someone down 2/3 times? I'm not one for being negative after a win but this really riled me.

Mango Man
20-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Noticed that, and also throwing his arms about after the ball didn't fall for him, there is a good player in there, but his attitude seems a bit suspect.

Nicho87
20-04-2016, 11:52 PM
Also noted that, looked liked he had been on the previous 80, the running and chasing you expect of a sub simply wasnt there. Boyle should have been brought on instead.

Ozyhibby
20-04-2016, 11:52 PM
Worried about who's going to replace Ronny Delia? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibsNutter
20-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Really poor, don't need attitudes like that. Keep him off the field if that's what we're gonna get. To think some slate Stokes' and Cummings' attitudes, both of whom work their socks off consistently.

hfc rd
21-04-2016, 12:19 AM
Would rather have brought Boyle on. On current form, just can't see Keatings being here at all next season.

Cameron1875
21-04-2016, 12:48 AM
Get the hearts **** gone. Absolutely dreadful attitude to have considering there are playoff/cup final places at stake!

He's really disappointed me but hey it's him who is gonna have a career playing for the Raith's and Dunfermline's.

.Sean.
21-04-2016, 12:57 AM
He was stinking and on that performance I can see why Hearts never took him to the SPL with them. Looked lazy and disinterested.

Unseen work
21-04-2016, 01:02 AM
Im normally more of a haooy clapper than anything but Iv not rated him for months.

I never have any confidence in him doing anything positive in a game.

He looks like he is constantly huffing and feeling sorry for himself.

His reaction after stokes played the through ball was embarrassing imo.

We have no time for players like that, show a bit of get up and go about you and help us get promoted.

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2016, 01:28 AM
Get the hearts **** gone. Absolutely dreadful attitude to have considering there are playoff/cup final places at stake!

He's really disappointed me but hey it's him who is gonna have a career playing for the Raith's and Dunfermline's.Yes because calling him a Hearts **** is much better....have a word.

Nothing wrong with playing for Raith or Dunfermline either, both good clubs on the up.

Big L
21-04-2016, 06:36 AM
Worried about who's going to replace Ronny Delia? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be surprised, however, if he won the cup and got us up he might be a bet, he's currently 16/1.

J-C
21-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Decent player if he can be arsed, a couple of my Jambo buddies said that was his problem at Hearts and why he wasn't kept on, blows either hot or cold but cold too often, I think we're beginning to see this for ourselves.

pacoluna
21-04-2016, 09:14 AM
I would be surprised, however, if he won the cup and got us up he might be a bet, he's currently 16/1.

Absolutely no chance!

Andy74
21-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Decent player if he can be arsed, a couple of my Jambo buddies said that was his problem at Hearts and why he wasn't kept on, blows either hot or cold but cold too often, I think we're beginning to see this for ourselves.

I think that begun a long time ago - he had one decent spell over a few weeks and has been very poor since.

Between him and Dagnall along with Farid never being fit we don't have any decent alternative options up front.

G B Young
21-04-2016, 09:38 AM
I thought he was an excellent signing at the time, and while he took a few weeks to get off the mark I was impressed by him. On his day he strikes the ball very well. However, I think he's best deployed as an out and out striker and you get the impression he's become frustrated at the stop-start nature of his career at Hibs so far. Hard to argue with Cummings' goal scoring record but Keatings and Stokes did look decent together when they started against Inverness. As others have said I think there's a good player there when his confidence is high but at present he seems a bit lost.

SeanWilson
21-04-2016, 09:41 AM

He's really disappointed me but hey it's him who is gonna have a career playing for the Raith's and Dunfermline's.

Wow:rolleyes:

Juice-Terry
21-04-2016, 09:44 AM
On top of everything else that's already been said, he must be one of the physically weakest players in the league. It's laughable how easily he gets pushed off the ball.

supermcginn
21-04-2016, 09:46 AM
No danger he will be here next year, he's not even close to the level we need !

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2016, 09:56 AM

Get a grip. Embarrassing post.

Archie89
21-04-2016, 09:56 AM
No danger he will be here next year, he's not even close to the level we need !

How long is his contract? Was it just 1year?

JimBHibees
21-04-2016, 09:57 AM
I think that begun a long time ago - he had one decent spell over a few weeks and has been very poor since.

Between him and Dagnall along with Farid never being fit we don't have any decent alternative options up front.

Agree I dont think he can have much to complain at as he started some of our more important games slightly surprisingly (Ibrox at Xmas and Falikirk away) and didnt perform IMO. His workrate in the last 2 sub appearances havent been great IMO. Thought he and Stokes did ok in the home Inverness game and he probably considered himself a little unfortunate to not start the next game.

JimBHibees
21-04-2016, 09:58 AM

Thats a shocker.

J-C
21-04-2016, 12:11 PM

Yep :agree: had a good 2-3 week spell were it looked like he was going to be a cracking wee signing but when his form dips he looks totally uninterested, I thik he knows he's 3rd striker and will be gone in the summer.

Smartie
21-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Maybe I'm just basking in the happy-clappy glow that comes in the aftermath of a victory over Rangers but I honestly didn't think he was that bad.

He looked like he ran about a lot to me and competed well in the air. It was ugly work he had to do, effectively chasing around and jumping for hoofed clearances with players who were miles taller than him.

I came away from the game thinking that every player had made a positive contribution to our victory.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2016, 12:38 PM
How long is his contract? Was it just 1year?

2 year deal, doesn't mean he won't go out on loan for his 2nd year though, if the management feel he isn't in their plans

KeithTheHibby
21-04-2016, 12:45 PM
I was surprised the jams let him go however delighted at the same time when we signed him.

I can now see why they let him go. I seriously doubt he will be at ER next season promotion or not.

pennyhibee
21-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Was quite pleased when we got him thought he looked like a good player at hearts but maybe he's a bit downhearted at lack of games here and at hearts .Maybe a wee run might pick him up

monktonharp
21-04-2016, 12:57 PM

Between him and Dagnall along with Farid never being fit we don't have any decent alternative options up front.at least Dagnall has been seen to exercise his legs. It is a bit unfair to criticise a player that has only had glimpses of a game in months. he will score, eventually and it may be in the playoffs.

BoomtownHibees
21-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Maybe I'm just basking in the happy-clappy glow that comes in the aftermath of a victory over Rangers but I honestly didn't think he was that bad.

He looked like he ran about a lot to me and competed well in the air. It was ugly work he had to do, effectively chasing around and jumping for hoofed clearances with players who were miles taller than him.

I came away from the game thinking that every player had made a positive contribution to our victory.

I also didn't find him as bad as being made out here. Although I did find it strange that he was brought on ahead of Boyle considering he wasn't originally named in the squad

ads913
21-04-2016, 01:01 PM
What happened before the start of the game.According to sky Keatings was completely dropped and had to get permission from Warburton to be added to the subs bench. Also we were a man short on the bench.which raises another question who was dropped or who(2 players) did not make it and why?

The Sundance Kid
21-04-2016, 01:08 PM
It'll be a interesting summer in the transfer window regarding strikers. Dagnall and El Alagui both out of contract and can't see there being much chance of them being given a renewal and Stokes going back to Celtic. That would only leave us with Cummings, whose future is still somewhat uncertain, and Keatings who hasn't done enough to justify staying for another year in my opinion, along with young and inexperienced strikers like Insall, Allan and Shaw. Could well be that Stubbs will have to find anywhere between 3 and 5 new strikers come the summer

hfc rd
21-04-2016, 09:43 PM
It'll be a interesting summer in the transfer window regarding strikers. Dagnall and El Alagui both out of contract and can't see there being much chance of them being given a renewal and Stokes going back to Celtic. That would only leave us with Cummings, whose future is still somewhat uncertain, and Keatings who hasn't done enough to justify staying for another year in my opinion, along with young and inexperienced strikers like Insall, Allan and Shaw. Could well be that Stubbs will have to find anywhere between 3 and 5 new strikers come the summer

Was thinking the same. The 5 experienced first team strikers we currently have (Cummings, Keatings, Stokes, Dagnall, El-Alagui) might not be here next season.

Eaststandee
21-04-2016, 10:10 PM
IMO there is a quality player in there, although an annoyingly lazy one at times. I think the problem is he too similar to Cummings, and Jase will always be first pick. Hope the boy kicks on.

:flag:

Brightside
21-04-2016, 11:50 PM
i rate the boy....done well being played out of position. works hard in training. he'd have scored plenty if we didn't have stokes.

Super_JMcGinn
22-04-2016, 12:24 AM
i rate the boy....done well being played out of position. works hard in training. he'd have scored plenty if we didn't have stokes.

And you accuse me of talking rubbish ? :faf: Sorry Mr Blackpool I couldn't resist using your smiley :wink:

Pete
22-04-2016, 03:05 AM
What happened before the start of the game.According to sky Keatings was completely dropped and had to get permission from Warburton to be added to the subs bench. Also we were a man short on the bench.which raises another question who was dropped or who(2 players) did not make it and why?

Keatings was added to the teamsheet a wee while after the original one was handed in. Maybe he was feeling unwell or something and was only added after further analasys and a bit of persuasion from the player. It would explain the "lack of effort".

I don't believe Stubbs would entertain him at all if his attitude was wrong.

woodythehibee
22-04-2016, 06:42 AM
Keatings was added to the teamsheet a wee while after the original one was handed in. Maybe he was feeling unwell or something and was only added after further analasys and a bit of persuasion from the player. It would explain the "lack of effort".

I don't believe Stubbs would entertain him at all if his attitude was wrong.
Stubbsy said that he was always on the bench. It was an admin error.