Hibs vs Dumbarton

Hibs vs Queen Of The South
Falkirk vs Morton

Hope we do it and get 2nd spot.

GGTTH
ASGAWA

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 11:27 PM
It's doable - big one for us in Saturday as a win puts the pressure on Falkirk (they play after us) in one of the toughest games they could have.

HibsNutter
20-04-2016, 11:33 PM
Saturday will decide it for me, if there's a chance we can do it after that, then home games against Dumbarton and QoS sides with nothing to play for should take care of themselves.

If it's not a realistic aim after Saturday, we'd be best resting our players for the remaining two games, as we need some sort of rest before the fixture pile up that will ensue, especially with the cup final in there too.

Dashing Bob S
20-04-2016, 11:34 PM
I think it's probably all down to Saturday. We need to win at Morton, and they have to drop points at Raith.

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2016, 11:43 PM
I think it's probably all down to Saturday. We need to win at Morton, and they have to drop points at Raith.
I agree a hibs win at morton would pile the pressure on Falkirk before they kick off at Raith having seen a 6 pts advantage disappear. Be interesting to see how they handle the pressure if that's the case. If we edge ahead on Saturday by virtue of them dropping anything at Raith I think we would finish 2nd

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
21-04-2016, 12:56 AM
A sickener would be getting pipped on goal difference by Falkirk.
Our inability to score a lot of goals over the season could very well be the decider.

Ronniekirk
21-04-2016, 06:23 AM
If we do loose out on goal difference i would pinpoint the three points dropped at Alloa as the game that even a point would have got us over the line
But last nights result at least puts Falkirk back under pressure not to drop a point if they want to be sure of hanging on to second spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
21-04-2016, 06:32 AM
I think we need to win all games however wouldn't rule out us turning round the goal difference of 7 in the last games.

Not In The Know
21-04-2016, 06:36 AM
The annoying thing on sat is the Raith v Falkirk game being after ours. If we win earlier Raith can't finish 3rd. If that makes any difference to their mentality.

greenlex
21-04-2016, 06:43 AM
If we do loose out on goal difference i would pinpoint the three points dropped at Alloa as the game that even a point would have got us over the line
But last nights result at least puts Falkirk back under pressure not to drop a point if they want to be sure of hanging on to second spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would pinpoint points dropped all season. We've now matched Tangers in the head to heads and are ahead of Falkirk by the same measure but find ourselves behind both. Too many silly points dropped to teams that we shouldn't have Alloa included.

mim
21-04-2016, 07:10 AM
The annoying thing on sat is the Raith v Falkirk game being after ours. If we win earlier Raith can't finish 3rd. If that makes any difference to their mentality.

That's a very good point. If we beat Morton, then Rovers are definitely fourth, so will have nothing to play for. :confused:

killie-hibby
21-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Remaining games:-

Morton vs Hibs
Raith vs Falkirk

Hibs vs Dumbarton

Morton vs Falkirk

GGTTH
ASGAWA

Falkirk are at home against Morton

allezsauzee
21-04-2016, 07:29 AM
A sickener would be getting pipped on goal difference by Falkirk.
Our inability to score a lot of goals over the season could very well be the decider.

Ironic given the number of strikers we have and how good a couple of them think they are.

Hi Heid Yin
21-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Ironic given the number of strikers we have and how good a couple of them think they are.

It's the lack of goals from the rest of the team outwith Cummings (and latterly Stokes) that has not helped our cause.

hibs0666
21-04-2016, 07:44 AM

Glad to see you are talking behind the team as the going gets tough.

Jim44
21-04-2016, 07:47 AM
It's the lack of goals from the rest of the team outwith Cummings (and latterly Stokes) that has not helped our cause.

........... not to mention our frequent defensive lapses and iffy goalkeeping.

DH1875
21-04-2016, 08:00 AM
Think it's to late. Will finish level on points with them but the goal difference will see them get 2nd.

number9dream
21-04-2016, 08:01 AM
If there's a swing in our favour on Saturday then we should just about get over the line in second place but it means more ice baths for the first team...
If not, then the usual subs and some young lads come in against Dumbarton, with McGeouch hopefully getting 45-60 mins against Queens.

scott7_0(Prague)
21-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Remaining games:-

Morton vs Hibs
Raith vs Falkirk

Hibs vs Dumbarton

Morton vs Falkirk

GGTTH
ASGAWA

If we finish level on points, do we go by goal difference or head to head results v Falkirk? 1 win, 3 draws?

flash
21-04-2016, 08:02 AM
That's a very good point. If we beat Morton, then Rovers are definitely fourth, so will have nothing to play for. :confused:

Other than beating Falkirk and putting a marker down for the play offs .

Big_Franck
21-04-2016, 08:03 AM
Think it's to late. Will finish level on points with them but the goal difference will see them get 2nd.

Saturday is key. Raith are in good form and if Falkirk go there and win then they deserve to finish second, as hard as that is to write.

Hope Scott Robertson and co. can do us a wee favour though :aok:

Blaster
21-04-2016, 08:03 AM
We could just beat Dumbarton 8-0 and goal differential is gone. Simples 😜

Big_Franck
21-04-2016, 08:04 AM
If we finish level on points, do we go by goal difference or head to head results v Falkirk? 1 win, 3 draws?

Goal difference.

Jim44
21-04-2016, 08:06 AM

I think we might have to settle for 3rd, but I think we have enough oil in the tank in terms of quality players to cope with the extra games.

Hermit Crab
21-04-2016, 08:12 AM
With us winning last night Falkirk might sh*t it and get nervous in their last few games, we may just be finding a little bit of form going into the last 3 league matches.

JimBHibees
21-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Other than beating Falkirk and putting a marker down for the play offs .

Definitely cant see them easing off they will want to beat Falkirk as to me they will think that Falkirk will be the slightly easier game IMO..

Hi Heid Yin
21-04-2016, 08:42 AM
........... not to mention our frequent defensive lapses and iffy goalkeeping.

I tried not to mention them:greengrin

GreenLake
21-04-2016, 03:18 PM

They would rather play Falkirk in the 3,4th playoff than us, so they still have an incentive.

easty
21-04-2016, 03:39 PM
I think we need to win all games however wouldn't rule out us turning round the goal difference of 7 in the last games.

Would love us to get second on goal difference from Falkirk, then for Raith to beat them in the play offs due to some dodgy last min penalty. Houston's big red heid would prob explode.

Waxy
21-04-2016, 03:54 PM
We could do with beating Dumbarton lots-0. However i'd take any win just now.

JOD
21-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Falkirk are at home against Morton

Correct

southern hibby
21-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Raith win 1-0 we win against Morton 2-0 that's the goal difference cut by a chunk. However no reason at all we can't just throw everything at Morton and then see how much pressure we've put on Falkirk.

Still think it's doable and I think we need too put teams to the sword till the end of the season. We can do this.

GGTTH

Blaster
21-04-2016, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=southern hibby;4656963]Raith win 1-0 we win against Morton 2-0 that's the goal difference cut by a chunk. However no reason at all we can't just throw everything at Morton and then see how much pressure we've put on Falkirk.

Still think it's doable and I think we need too put teams to the sword till the end of the season. We can do this.

If that happens goal difference should become irrelevant

Fergus52
21-04-2016, 04:32 PM
I think we might have to settle for 3rd, but I think we have enough oil in the tank in terms of quality players to cope with the extra games.

We do if Stubbs actually starts using our strength in depth.

Thomson, Handling, Boyle, Dagnall etc aren't the best of players but they should be more than good enough to to play a part in getting us promoted.

Would be a disaster if McGinn, Fyvie, Cummings and co are burnt out before the play-off and scottish cup finals.

Alex Trager
21-04-2016, 04:36 PM
i would pinpoint points dropped all season. We've now matched Tangers in the head to heads and are ahead of Falkirk by the same measure but find ourselves behind both. Too many silly points dropped to teams that we shouldn't have Alloa included.

Absolutely this.

It's not that we are up against a good the Rangers side. It's due to us dropping points at the total shafts like dumbarton

southern hibby
21-04-2016, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=southern hibby;4656963]Raith win 1-0 we win against Morton 2-0 that's the goal difference cut by a chunk. However no reason at all we can't just throw everything at Morton and then see how much pressure we've put on Falkirk.

If that happens goal difference should become irrelevant

True ( I made a mistake oops).

GGTTH

Iggy Pope
21-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Morton and St Mirren are involved in a wee tangle of their own. Not important in the grand scheme, but probably important to the both of them. And Morton have both of us.
Dumbarton not quite safe yet but could be by the time we play them. 3 points at Cappielow, throw the sink at Dumbarton, interesting last day......

Blaster
21-04-2016, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=Blaster;4656970]

True ( I made a mistake oops).

GGTTH

Happy if your score predictions come in though 😄

erin go bragh
21-04-2016, 05:31 PM
If we can win all our four games , we have a good chance of rattling a few goals against Dumbarton and QOTS at ER . Which could wipe out Falkirks seven goal advantage .

GGTTH

lapsedhibee
21-04-2016, 05:33 PM
If we can win all our four games , we have a good chance of rattling a few goals against Dumbarton and QOTS at ER . Which could wipe out Falkirks seven goal advantage .

GGTTH
We must be favourites for 2nd now, if we're getting an extra game thrown in.

Lago
21-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Think we have missed the opportunity to get 2nd to be honest, but where there is a will etc.

hibby6270
21-04-2016, 08:13 PM

GGTTH

We only have 3 games left now of the normal season.:confused:

Are you including The Rangers win as part of your 4 games?

DUX
21-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Yip agree with most of what's been posted. Must beat Morton!

erin go bragh
21-04-2016, 08:55 PM
We only have 3 games left now of the normal season.:confused:

Are you including The Rangers win as part of your 4 games?

Of course 👀 Doh .

GGTTH

JeMeSouviens
21-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Falkirk's last 4 aways have been draws. I think if we win our 3 we'll be 2nd.

Pete
22-04-2016, 03:17 AM
They would rather play Falkirk in the 3,4th playoff than us, so they still have an incentive.

That's another reason.:agree:

We've no hope in hell of clawing the goal difference back so we need Falkirk to drop points somewhere while we win all our games.

Finishing third won't be the end of the world but it will probably see us spreading ourselves too thin to achieve promotion and the Scottish cup.

Saying that, momentum is a big factor and we have to believe. The Hollywood ending just might happen.

greenlex
22-04-2016, 03:58 AM
That's another reason.:agree:

We've no hope in hell of clawing the goal difference back so we need Falkirk to drop points somewhere while we win all our games.

Finishing third won't be the end of the world but it will probably see us spreading ourselves too thin to achieve promotion and the Scottish cup.

Saying that, momentum is a big factor and we have to believe. The Hollywood ending just might happen.
Come on Pete that's no very positive. The goal difference is seven in their favour. Three games to claw it back. They have two games that if the win by the odd goal leaves us needing to turn round nine goals in three games. Not impossible. Get your positive head on.

Pete
22-04-2016, 04:11 AM
Come on Pete that's no very positive. The goal difference is seven in their favour. Three games to claw it back. They have two games that if the win by the odd goal leaves us needing to turn round nine goals in three games. Not impossible. Get your positive head on.

That's not impossible but let's get real, we aren't clawing back at least nine goals in three games.

I'm convinced they'll drop points though.

JimBHibees
22-04-2016, 06:19 AM
Would love us to get second on goal difference from Falkirk, then for Raith to beat them in the play offs due to some dodgy last min penalty. Houston's big red heid would prob explode.

That would be perfect.

JimBHibees
22-04-2016, 06:20 AM
That's not impossible but let's get real, we aren't clawing back at least nine goals in three games.

I'm convinced they'll drop points though.

Dumbarton and Qos both with nothing to play for at homes are games imo we could knock a few goals in.

patlowe
22-04-2016, 06:55 AM
We do if Stubbs actually starts using our strength in depth.

Thomson, Handling, Boyle, Dagnall etc aren't the best of players but they should be more than good enough to to play a part in getting us promoted.

Would be a disaster if McGinn, Fyvie, Cummings and co are burnt out before the play-off and scottish cup finals.

Fyvie looks like he's coming into match fitness at the perfect time - he looked really sharp and hungry on Wednesday. McGinn I do have concerns about. Would love to see McGeouch back so we can rotate the 5 of Dylan, Bartley, McGinn, Fyvie and Henderson over the next few weeks. Thomson should be able to contribute too.

TObeachesHibby
22-04-2016, 06:58 AM
its all about Saturday.. We play first so the win is what matters. Give Falkirk something to think about.. :agree:

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 08:36 AM
I agree however What an effin sad state of affairs that is! finishing 3rd in our 2nd year in chshp.

hibee_nation
22-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Think we will lose on goal difference that late collapse against the bairns is gonna cost us 2 extra games which we could well do without

Blaster
22-04-2016, 08:56 AM
I agree however What an effin sad state of affairs that is! finishing 3rd in our 2nd year in chshp.

To be fair I think we'd have been clear 2nd if not challenging for top had we not done so well in the cups. If we get promoted I couldn't care where we finished in the league

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 09:13 AM
To be fair I think we'd have been clear 2nd if not challenging for top had we not done so well in the cups. If we get promoted I couldn't care where we finished in the league

I don't buy that notion that its due to cup games,its a pretty lame excuse tbh. A dismal run in the latter stages of the season has cost us,

flash
22-04-2016, 09:15 AM
I don't buy that notion that its due to cup games,its a pretty lame excuse tbh. A dismal run in the latter stages of the season has cost us,

How is playing all those extra games a lame excuse?

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 09:22 AM
How is playing all those extra games a lame excuse?

You seriously can't be blaming the possibility of us finishing 3rd in championship on the fact we have had domestic cup runs? Sevco have had similar cup runs with the petrofac and scottish cup its not hampered them?

flash
22-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Aye and we weren't losing games back then. It's not the only reason but its certainly a factor.

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2016, 09:24 AM
You seriously can't be blaming the possibility of us finishing 3rd in championship on the fact we have had domestic cup runs? Its not as if we have had a fixture pile up during the start/mid season its only the last couple of weeks.

Which coincides with the "slump"?

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 09:27 AM
Which coincides with the "slump"?

I edited my post*

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 09:28 AM
seriously baffled that people are using our domestic cup runs as an excuse for us possibly finishing 3rd in chship :confused:

flash
22-04-2016, 09:30 AM
You seriously can't be blaming the possibility of us finishing 3rd in championship on the fact we have had domestic cup runs? Sevco have had similar cup runs with the petrofac and scottish cup its not hampered them?
Yes it has they are currently conceding 3 goals a game.

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Yes it has they are currently conceding 3 goals a game.

We will agree to disagree

Blaster
22-04-2016, 09:58 AM

I think it's a reasonable excuse when you factor in replays and the knock on impact it had to rearrange games. Bear in mind that we had a couple of postponements to rearrange (2 Morton games and Dumbarton game) and as a result been playing 2 games a week for a while now

I've seen you're subsequent posts and realise your opinion won't change but even I am shattered with all the games 😄

JeMeSouviens
22-04-2016, 10:00 AM

Apart from the game against us which was more or less pre-season, the Petrofac was a series of nothing games for the New Huns. Arguably the only high pressure cup game they've had was on Sunday (and they promptly lost the next league game). We've had 2 derbies, 2 semis and a final plus high profile games with Aberdeen and United in the league cup.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the league slump immediately followed the spell of games around the derbies and league cup semi and final. You need a stronger and more experienced squad (and manager?) to cope with that kind of schedule.

s.a.m
22-04-2016, 10:13 AM
I'm agreeing with both Blaster and Je Me Souviens: the past few months have been exceptionally physically and mentally demanding. They're not robots, and it would be strange if they weren't affected by it.

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Apart from the game against us which was more or less pre-season, the Petrofac was a series of nothing games for the New Huns. Arguably the only high pressure cup game they've had was on Sunday (and they promptly lost the next league game). We've had 2 derbies, 2 semis and a final plus high profile games with Aberdeen and United in the league cup.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the league slump immediately followed the spell of games around the derbies and league cup semi and final. You need a stronger and more experienced squad (and manager?) to cope with that kind of schedule.

Which we all came through.. Surely if our season was so hectic we would have struggled in these cup games? Instead we have struggled against the likes of alloa, Dumbarton, raith and Livingston. I personally feel every manager out there blames fatigue or fixture pile ups when it happens to coincide with a poor run. Every player enjoys match day and I would imagine most players would rather play twice a week rather than once.

Fergus52
22-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Which we all came through.. Surely if our season was so hectic we would have struggled in these cup games? Instead we have struggled against the likes of alloa, Dumbarton, raith and Livingston. I personally feel every manager out there blames fatigue or fixture pile ups when it happens to coincide with a poor run. Every player enjoys match day and I would imagine most players would rather play twice a week rather than once.

It's alot easier to up your game when you're playing so called "bigger teams" that are perceived to be better than you.

You can enjoy match day and still be physically and mentally drained.

Since90+2
22-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Of course the cup runs , due to the amount of games we have played this season , has impacted on our league form. It would be mental to suggest otherwise.

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 10:23 AM
It's alot easier to up your game when you're playing so called "bigger teams" that are perceived to be better than you.

You can enjoy match day and still be physically and mentally drained.

mentally drained.. from playing in the championship and a couple of extra cup games :aok:

Fergus52
22-04-2016, 10:29 AM
mentally drained.. from playing in the championship and a couple of extra cup games :aok:

"a couple of extra cup games"

A cup final, a trip to inverness, a game against the league leaders, a semi final against fourth in the league a semi final that goes all the way through extra time and penalties and two derbies

good one. If you're gonna troll at least make it convincing :aok:

lapsedhibee
22-04-2016, 10:32 AM
If you're gonna troll at least make it convincing :aok:
:agree:

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 10:47 AM

A cup final, a trip to inverness, a game against the league leaders, a semi final against fourth in the league a semi final that goes all the way through extra time and penalties and two derbies

not trolling just not as eagerly optimistic as you seem to be or as accepting of our current league position. note: Just because someone happens to strongly disagree with you does not make them a troll or a yam.

Fergus52
22-04-2016, 10:51 AM
not trolling just not as eagerly optimistic as you seem to be or as accepting of our current league position. note: Just because someone happens to strongly disagree with you does not make them a troll or a yam.

I respect your opinion that our cup runs are in no way an excuse our poor run of form in the league.

But describing it as "a couple of cup games" is a massive exaggeration that is obviously just looking for a reaction.

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 10:52 AM

And we came through all these games bar the league cup final.. there is no excuse what so ever for getting beat to dumbarton alloa and raith.. these are the games that could cost us second

Moulin Yarns
22-04-2016, 10:52 AM

That couple of extra games you mention is a bit of a smoke screen. let's look at the facts.

Games played
July 1
Aug 6
Sept 4
Oct 4
Nov 5
Dec 3
Jan 5
Feb 7
Mar 5
Apr 6 with 2 more to play
May Minimum 4, maximum 8

total between 58 and 62

Falkirk on the other hand will have a total of 45 or 47 games

Shrekko
22-04-2016, 10:53 AM

I agree with this but I dont ever get this 'nothing to play for' stuff that people come out with. Every football player goes out to win any game they play in- really cant get my head round why people think otherwise. Look at Alloa when they beat Hibs despite being relegated already!

Rovers have the incentive of keeping their great run going and giving themselves a psychological edge over Falkirk as well. The fact that they are playing with less pressure on them make Raith favourites for this game IMO.

Since90+2
22-04-2016, 10:56 AM
And we came through all these games bar the league cup final.. there is no excuse what so ever for getting beat to dumbarton alloa and raith.. these are the games that could cost us second

Talking of extra games how good was it when Hanlon got that equaliser at Tynecastle? The seethe on the hearts fans faces was pleasing.

And then when we pumped them out the cup at ER. What a great night that was. Again pleasing.

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 10:59 AM
That couple of extra games you mention is a bit of a smoke screen. let's look at the facts.

Games played
July 1
Aug 6
Sept 4
Oct 4
Nov 5
Dec 3
Jan 5
Feb 7
Mar 5
Apr 6 with 2 more to play
May Minimum 4, maximum 8

total between 58 and 62

I will say it again nothing grants us an excuse in getting beat from Alloa, Dunbarton and Raith which if we do finish 3rd will be the reason.

Moulin Yarns
22-04-2016, 11:01 AM
I will say it again nothing grants us an excuse in getting beat from Alloa, Dunbarton and Raith which if we do finish 3rd will be the reason.

see my edit about the number of games played. tiredness is definitely a factor, IMHO of course

lapsedhibee
22-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Talking of extra games how good was it when Hanlon got that equaliser at Tynecastle? The seethe on the hearts fans faces was pleasing.

And then when we pumped them out the cup at ER. What a great night that was. Again pleasing.

:greengrin

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 11:04 AM

season highlight for me was the last minute equalizer against them ..just pips logans heroics last sat.

Fergus52
22-04-2016, 11:30 AM

I'd blame Stubbs and the backroom staff for this more than the players.

Fatigue has definitely been a factor, particularly in our midfield where the players have not looked fit after long runs of games. Whatever fitness training is done has clearly not worked and the physiotherapy department hasn't helped by rushing back McGeouch twice, Farid multiple times and not having Carmichael fit all season.

Stubbs could definitely have rotated the squad more to help this. I wouldn't have sent both Stanton and Martin out on loan, both could have gotten plenty game time whilst Fyvvie and McGeouch were out in order to give McGinn and Henderson a breather here and there. A youngter fighting tooth and nail for their place in the team would be a better option than a knackered first team player or an off the pace Kevin Thomson.

Pete
22-04-2016, 02:59 PM

Thanks. Most of us know the difference.

It's people who are very opinionated and negative straight off the bat who get found out eventually.

:aok:

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Thanks. Most of us know the difference.

It's people who are very opinionated and negative straight off the bat who get found out eventually.

:aok:

found out? seems to be a lot of conspiracy theorists within the private member club. Your not far wrong though I am opinionated and a pessimist when it comes to watching hibs.. that way I can only be pleasantly surprised instead of let down!

southern hibby
22-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Fyvie looks like he's coming into match fitness at the perfect time - he looked really sharp and hungry on Wednesday. McGinn I do have concerns about. Would love to see McGeouch back so we can rotate the 5 of Dylan, Bartley, McGinn, Fyvie and Henderson over the next few weeks. Thomson should be able to contribute too.

I think Boyles pace could cause problems like it did against Alloa at home. We can do this however this is AS defining moment as a manager from now to end of the season.

GGTTH

Pete
22-04-2016, 04:15 PM
found out? seems to be a lot of conspiracy theorists within the private member club. Your not far wrong though I am opinionated and a pessimist when it comes to watching hibs.. that way I can only be pleasantly surprised instead of let down!

...and there you go again.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just a result of looking at what people bring to the table and believe me, they stick out like a sore thumb.

interesting you should mention private membership. All these saddos are actually doing the site a favour by encouraging people to join so they can use a board that isn't full of crap. :aok:

Ged
22-04-2016, 04:20 PM

If you're going tomorrow make sure you give them an extra loud boooooo to spur them along.

Springbank
22-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Let's not write off Morton (as they play both Hibs and Falkirk)

They were the first team this season to figure out mark oxley. Just watch. They play the ball early, long, into the left wing, where the winger is pacy and the big striker a handful. Their aim is to win a corner. That's because their left footed midfielder has an immaculate delivery, and they know if they put three corners right down oxleys throat, his footwork & concentration are liable to see at least one soft goal.

For an example, see their first half goal at ER.

Before anyone says "not another oxley point", here's 2 things

(1) it happened before, so I raise it constructively to say "let's make sure they don't do it again"

(2) if an adult professional football goalie hasn't got a thick enough skin to read this analysis of a previous soft goal against, then that guy is not made of the right stuff for a cup final, too fragile. I'm sure oxley is made of sterner stuff, and let's hope he keeps a clean sheet if selected tomorrow.

We need another one, after logans heroics last weekend

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Let's not write off Morton (as they play both Hibs and Falkirk)

They were the first team this season to figure out mark oxley. Just watch. They play the ball early, long, into the left wing, where the winger is pacy and the big striker a handful. Their aim is to win a corner. That's because their left footed midfielder has an immaculate delivery, and they know if they put three corners right down oxleys throat, his footwork & concentration are liable to see at least one soft goal.

For an example, see their first half goal at ER.

Before anyone says "not another oxley point", here's 2 things

(1) it happened before, so I raise it constructively to say "let's make sure they don't do it again"

(2) if an adult professional football goalie hasn't got a thick enough skin to read this analysis of a previous soft goal against, then that guy is not made of the right stuff for a cup final, too fragile. I'm sure oxley is made of sterner stuff, and let's hope he keeps a clean sheet if selected tomorrow.

We need another one, after logans heroics last weekend

I thought they were the first to fully exploit the diamond - sit 8 men deep centrally win the ball and play it out to the fast guy out wide who's in acres of space.

Didn't consider that they were using the space to win corners, I felt it was more direct than that.

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 04:26 PM
If you're going tomorrow make sure you give them an extra loud boooooo to spur them along.

I don't boo.. I am one of the very few that try to create an atmosphere, yet we get tagged as being trouble makers.

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 04:31 PM
...and there you go again.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just a result of looking at what people bring to the table and believe me, they stick out like a sore thumb.

interesting you should mention private membership. All these saddos are actually doing the site a favour by encouraging people to join so they can use a board that isn't full of crap. :aok:

your not going to persuade people to join if you accuse people of being trolls or yam fans simply because they dont bring much "positiveness" to a forum.