PDA

View Full Version : Did we actually win tonight?

erskine-hibby
20-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Cos reading some.of the stuff on here I would actually think we lost.
3 VITAL points gained, something to celebrate I would have thought??

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 09:50 PM

A collection of joyless, moaning, whinging barstewards out in force tonight.

We were the better team despite being absolutely knackered - huge win and delighted with it. Onwards and upwards :flag:

KingFranck
20-04-2016, 09:54 PM
To be honest I thought there was only one team playing tonight listening to the commentators. So I'm surprised we won cause only Rangers (and Celtic) got mentioned for most of the match I reckoned we hadn't turned up.

ElginHibbie
20-04-2016, 09:57 PM
To be honest I thought there was only one team playing tonight listening to the commentators. So I'm surprised we won cause only Rangers (and Celtic) got mentioned for most of the match I reckoned we hadn't turned up.

Yeah, Sky was all about Rangers being tired from their big match at the weekend, how their victory on Sunday shows they can get a result at Hampden.

Can't recall one mention of us doing the same on Saturday :confused:

DaveF
20-04-2016, 09:57 PM

Could mot make it tonight, so just finished watching the main bits and now reading the match day thread I think its pretty accurate. Lots of highs, plenty whinging about Oxs error and a nervous ending.

What more do you want?

Great win. Lets catch the bairns.

erskine-hibby
20-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Could mot make it tonight, so just finished watching the main bits and now reading the match day thread I think its pretty accurate. Lots of highs, plenty whinging about Oxs error and a nervous ending.

What more do you want?

Great win. Lets catch the bairns.

A lot less whinging would be nice.

DaveF
20-04-2016, 10:06 PM
A lot less whinging would be nice.

Only moaning I saw was over what was a monumental error. Other posts praised his saves and more than enough positive posts about our performance.

See what you want to see I guess. Fair enough

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Just finished watching the full match from sky and you'd think Hibs weren't playing. At 3-1 and 3-2 the commentators were almost pleading with Rangers to score. So unbelievably biased.

monktonharp
20-04-2016, 10:40 PM
Just finished watching the full match from sky and you'd think Hibs weren't playing. At 3-1 and 3-2 the commentators were almost pleading with Rangers to score. So unbelievably biased.very true. the boys in blue seemed to play their hearts out , and scored an absolute wonder goal when all the pressure really came from them. the goal had nothing to do with our goaly, as it was destined to be magnificent. bunch o' erselickin' tosspots commenting on the match and as expected, virtually no credit to Hibernian, for tonight or last week. we were there to make up the numbers. the only down side, Mc Cann critised their positioning at corners.:rolleyes:

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2016, 10:46 PM
very true. the boys in blue seemed to play their hearts out , and scored an absolute wonder goal when all the pressure really came from them. the goal had nothing to do with our goaly, as it was destined to be magnificent. bunch o' erselickin' tosspots commenting on the match and as expected, virtually no credit to Hibernian, for tonight or last week. we were there to make up the numbers. the only down side, Mc Cann critised their positioning at corners.:rolleyes:

Oh and it seems only Rangers won their semi final at the weekend. They'll stroll the final because they've already won at Hampden. Erm on pens, the same as we did!

FranckSuzy
20-04-2016, 10:47 PM
Just finished watching the full match from sky and you'd think Hibs weren't playing. At 3-1 and 3-2 the commentators were almost pleading with Rangers to score. So unbelievably biased.

I've just read the BBC match report and it has Hibs with 31% possession and The Rangers 69%...:confused:

3pm
21-04-2016, 06:35 AM
I've just read the BBC match report and it has Hibs with 31% possession and The Rangers 69%...:confused:

It's a meaningless stat Suzy.

Too much attention paid to it.