PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie

Scooter
20-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Simply outstanding tonight him and big marv have been great. But I've seen the last 3 games and Fyvie has stood out. Fantastic engine just kept going

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Simply outstanding tonight him and big marv have been great. But I've seen the last 3 games and Fyvie has stood out. Fantastic engine just kept going

:agree: And he knows how to get into the oppositions faces, and he knows when to make good fouls. One of the first names on the sheet for me, and he's getting fitter after his lay off. :top marks

magnificent_seven
20-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Agreed. I haven't been his biggest fan in the past but the last few games have highlighted how important he is to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
20-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Played well tonight, showed a bit of pace as well which he normally doesnt have

Golden Bear
20-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Great first half, less effective for much of the second half although he did finish strongly.

coldingham hibs
20-04-2016, 09:13 PM
Fyvie is an excellent player, works his socks off every game and has been sorely missed. We need McGeouch back though.

3pm
:agree: And he knows how to get into the oppositions faces, and he knows when to make good fouls. One of the first names on the sheet for me, and he's getting fitter after his lay off. :top marks

He's vital. He has to stay fit for a successful end of season.

Hibee Mac
He's great. His positional play is excellent and he know when/how to make a challenge. I think the team plays much better with him in it, he just needs to eradicate the sloppy passes from his game!

My_Wife_Camille
20-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Was different class tonight

PercyHibs
20-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Fyvies best game for us and Marv was outstanding. Whats happening with McGinn though. He's just disappearing in the 2nd half of games and has done for the past 3 months. Surely stubbs can see he's out on his feet. When the game finished tonight he just sat on the ground.

The Harp Awakes

:top marks

Well said. The wee man was immense tonight.

andy1875
He was outstanding the night and covered every blade of grass. A contender for motm for me although big Marvin just shaded it. He was also class.

If we continue with that formation, which we should, then dare I say it, who drops out for McGeouch?

Fyvie, Bartley, McGinn first 3 names on the teamsheet after tonight. Henderson also competing for one of 3 places.

Great to have competition for places.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 09:21 PM
He's a better player with a bit more freedom. Him and Bartley together works.

Was superb tonight. Always wanting to be involved.

hibee
Excellent tonight and the only player not panicking at the end, tried to control every ball and looked for a pass rather than punting it back to them.

Scooter
He was outstanding the night and covered every blade of grass. A contender for motm for me although big Marvin just shaded it. He was also class.

If we continue with that formation, which we should, then dare I say it, who drops out for McGeouch?

Fyvie, Bartley, McGinn first 3 names on the teamsheet after tonight. Henderson also competing for one of 3 places.

Great to have competition for places.
It's a tough one personally it would be McGinn that drops out only because he's knackered he is still trying get to give everything but it's noticeable how much he needs a rest if we can give him one

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-04-2016, 09:26 PM
I think the wee guys a fantastic player, his overall contribution to the team is so underrated, needs a song of his own.

andy1875
20-04-2016, 09:27 PM
It's a tough one personally it would be McGinn that drops out only because he's knackered he is still trying get to give everything but it's noticeable how much he needs a rest if we can give him one

Yip, I agree and should have said in my post. McGinn hasnt looked as good recently but it was only a few weeks ago he was motm in his Scotland debut. His form will be back soon enough, as Stubbs said, form is temporary, quality is permanent.

Those 3 for me with McGeouch and Henderson to push for places.

A great headache to have.

Dinkydoo
20-04-2016, 09:28 PM
McGinn and Henderson are too similar to be used effectively week in - week out. Playing one of them alongside Bartley, Fyvie/McGeough usually works well.
We saw the same thing at times when McGeough and Allan played together last season.

Taking nothing away from Fyvie's performance tonight - I think he's a good player - but a bit of diversity in the middle of the park brings out the best in all the midfielders. When we have the players available it really shows.

overdrive
20-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Similar to my post about him at the weekend... Not a fan of his at all but he had a great game tonight.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 09:33 PM
I think the wee guys a fantastic player, his overall contribution to the team is so underrated, needs a song of his own.

'He used to bother livestock but he's alright now'

trev the hat
20-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Played very well tonight & dug in when needed, Bartley bossed as well & Mcginn had a better game too after last cpl below par.

LaMotta
20-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Cracking performance from Fyvie!

J-C
20-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Best game all season for me, him and Bartley strolled it, must be a mare playing against they two, never out your face nipping at your heels.

Ronniekirk
20-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Best game all season for me, him and Bartley strolled it, must be a mare playing against they two, never out your face nipping at your heels.

This for me and Jason just loves scoring against them

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Another excellent performance from him, easily one of our best players.

Eyrie
20-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Fyvie had a superb game tonight and it had to be a coin toss between him and Bartley for man of the match.

Nicho87
20-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Outstanding

Ginger Gehagan
20-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Another excellent performance from him, easily one of our best players.

Totally agree, thought he was easily motm.

weecounty hibby
20-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Missed him big time he was out injured. Played well again tonight. I love big Marv as well, possibly my fave player just now

Hiber-nation
20-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Wasn't great at all on Saturday but he was very good tonight, showed there's more to his game than a few tidy passes and got right in about them.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Excellent player. He's getting back to full fitness now, he never hides and never stops running.

gaz1875
20-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Fyvie was everywhere today, forming a great partnership with big Marv :top marks

hfc rd
20-04-2016, 11:13 PM
Really missed him when he was injured which played a part in our poor form. Tonight he was excellent! Smashing young player!

matty_f
20-04-2016, 11:26 PM
Fyvie was terrific, set the tone for the rest of the team.

Unseen work
21-04-2016, 01:00 AM
Falkirk, United and now rangers he has played very well and controlled the midfield.

I also love how much he seems to hate rangers, doesn't take any rubbish from them at all and isn't scared.

What I don't like is this new hibs.net myth about how much times he gives the ball away.:confused:

KWJ
21-04-2016, 01:31 AM
He's a bit of a frustrating player and I'm a bit surprised by the thread. I really want him to do well and we'd be in my team but he seems to make so many basic mistakes in games. That said, a lot of that is down to how much he sees of the ball because he is everywhere and always calling for it. His head doesn't drop.

KWJ
21-04-2016, 01:33 AM
What I don't like is this new hibs.net myth about how much times he gives the ball away.:confused:

Come on, he must have given it away about 10 times at least v Utd and a few times today too. The bit that stuck out for me today was when he took the ball from Gray and could have whipped it in but fannied about and ended up giving away a goal kick.

Hermit Crab
21-04-2016, 02:22 AM
Needs to work on his passing but he played well.

GlasgowHibee
21-04-2016, 02:32 AM
Fantastic performance, he's more vital to our team than McGinn. He just keeps us ticking perfectly and we're a much balanced side with him in the team.

Vault Boy
21-04-2016, 03:01 AM
Fraser was superb, covered every blade of grass and always looked for the ball. He's brave in possession and that's so important in making us tick.

Big L
21-04-2016, 06:33 AM
With players like McGeough and Henderson to come in Fyvie would look like the one to drop out, but he is giving it his all and I think he and big Marv have been instrumental in getting us back to the level of performance we used to be at. He is certainly giving Stubbs something to think about.