PDA

View Full Version : Oxley

Pages : [1] 2

Waxy
20-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Heading to the bench now?

magnificent_seven
20-04-2016, 07:29 PM
No chance. Oxley could p*ss all over Alan Stubbs family and he would still be first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
20-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Get him to ****. Terrible yet again. We were coasting this.

Si_17
20-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Absolutely dreadful

H18 SFR
20-04-2016, 07:31 PM
The Oxley lovers will still defend him. As Stubbs says, he's been good all season.

Big L
20-04-2016, 07:32 PM
How do you control a 2 goal lead with a clown like that between the sticks? Get him take f---.

Salt N Sauzee
Drop. Him.

sleeping giant
Can't help but feel sorry for him .

carnoustiehibee
The PlayStation managers on here think he's good

Big L
20-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Get the big man on FFS!

HH81
20-04-2016, 07:34 PM
He made a good save earlier on in the half but that was poor judgement.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2016, 07:34 PM

Should be feeling sorry for Logan. Oxley doesn't deserve his place simple as that. Proven yet again that he's a terrible keeper and can't do the basics like catch a ball or tip it over the bar.

GlesgaeHibby
20-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Oxley is murder. He doesn't command his box, can't deal with crosses, isn't a great shot stopper, average distribution. Just what Stubbs sees in him I don't know. I've never once came away from a Hibs game thinking he had a good game. Logan gets one start and shows how it's done.

Danderhall Hibs
The Oxley lovers will still defend him. As Stubbs says, he's been good all season.

If there is such a thing as an Oxley lover I don't think they can defend that mistake.

At least it gives folk an example when asked now though.

adhibs
well done stubbs. no doubt he'll keep his place for the weekend as well.

Heisenberg
Logan kept us our first clean sheet in **** knows how long. Oxley is back and chucks another one in. Utterly *****.

Hiber-nation
Ok the cross was mis-hit but his reaction was painfully slow.

alihibs1
****ing oxley

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

sleeping giant
20-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Should be feeling sorry for Logan. Oxley doesn't deserve his place simple as that. Proven yet again that he's a terrible keeper and can't do the basics like catch a ball or tip it over the bar.

I do feel sorry for Logan.
I thought he should have kept his place but I take no pleasure in the Oxley situation.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 07:36 PM
He's been unfairly blamed at times this season and I've defended him but that was an absolute shocker.

Not sure if he misjudged the flight and thought it was going over or what but he showed zero conviction going for that ball, heart of a mouse and you could have got a pink news under his feet.

gorgie greens
20-04-2016, 07:37 PM
No chance. Oxley could p*ss all over Alan Stubbs family and he would still be first choice.

Must be giving Stubbs golden showers as it can be the only reason he started tonight

Hibby Bairn
20-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Logan kept us our first clean sheet in **** knows how long. Oxley is back and chucks another one in. Utterly *****.

Sat was first clean sheet since 21st Feb.

truehibernian
20-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Stubbs never rewards good showings - Boyle comes on, changes game and scores screamer - benched next game. Logan, same, benched.

Good managers reward players - idiotic decision to play Oxley.

stoneyburn hibs
20-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Absolute howler, surely Stubbs must drop him now.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2016, 07:39 PM
If there is such a thing as an Oxley lover I don't think they can defend that mistake.

At least it gives folk an example when asked now though.

You defend him quite a lot. Defend that shocker.

gorgie greens
20-04-2016, 07:40 PM

Oxley or Logan ?

scooby
I rest my case

blackpoolhibs
Once again his feet movement is too slow, a decent keeper gets across quicker and tips it over the bar. One problem here, he's not a decent keeper. :grr:

We should all be happy at half time, sitting 2-0 up and not having a worry in the world. :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs

Did you read my post before replying?

matty_f
20-04-2016, 07:41 PM

Pretty sure he said you can't defend it. Wasn't that hard a sentence to take in, to be fair.

Scooter
All he had to do was tap it over

MWHIBBIES
Great save early but has to do better for their goal. Hope Stubbs takes him out if the firing line now. He is still better than huns keeper

BarneyHibby
Drop him please.

Toldo123
Maybe Oxley has something on Stubbs

Hibee Mac
20-04-2016, 07:42 PM
THAT is why people were annoyed that Stubbs dropped Conrad.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Did you read my post before replying?

Pretty sure he said you can't defend it. Wasn't that hard a sentence to take in, to be fair.

Oops :D

He's pish though at least we all agree. Been saying it for months.

ackeygraham
20-04-2016, 07:43 PM
School boy error

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

hiberactive
20-04-2016, 07:45 PM
One of the worst goalkeepers we have had and Stubbs keeps playing him.I don't get it.

Waxy
20-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Especially when he knows he had to be at the top of his game from now on. Do feel sorry for him but he should be our number two keeper.

My_Wife_Camille
20-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Wonder if Danderhall Hibs remember this one? :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Wonder if Danderhall Hibs remember this one? :rolleyes:

Did you read the post?

I see his save at 1-0s already forgotten/dismissed though.

givescotlandfreedom
20-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Foolish as hell by Stubbs. There's faith in a player and there's pig headedness and stubbornness.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Did you read the post?

1 good save doesn't redeem him for all the howlers though.

GlasgowHibee
20-04-2016, 07:50 PM
He should be on the bench but I can't help feel sorry for him, he's been hung out to dry by Stubbs tonight imo. Stubbs must have known that Oxley will have faced a lot of fan abuse for anything tonight, due to how great Logan was at the weekend.

Poor man management from him. :agree:

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 07:51 PM
remember people his ball distribution is his strength is if that matters when you concede goals like that!!! didn't like the booing though or the sarcastic claps

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Did you read the post?

I think it was poor finishing by them, just like Dundee Utd on Saturday apparently.

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 07:59 PM
it's obvious he is nervous

Salt N Sauzee
20-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Logan warming up. (Not a joke)

H18 SFR
20-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Well done Oxley there, he managed to pick up that deflected cross, albeit a bit fumbly.

Big L
20-04-2016, 08:30 PM
What about it? Is that not enough?

Si_17
20-04-2016, 08:33 PM
Surely even Stubbs can't defend him after that one

Steve-O
20-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Could've saved their second goal too! He's just so casual and f-ing slow on his feet! Logan was on his toes and out to make saves quickly at the week. 10 stone heavier and yet 10 times faster than Oxley!

Surely Oxley must be dropped? Get the feeling Alan Stubborn just won't do it though.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Full time. Hibs 3-2 Oxley.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-04-2016, 08:45 PM
He had my nerves shredded in the last few seconds there, he simply does not inspire confidence does he?

noz
20-04-2016, 08:46 PM
when will stubbs learn! Glossed over by the fact fotheringhams was worse and we won, but again, this guy could cost us cup and/or promotion. Hes FAR to casual!

HibbySpurs
20-04-2016, 08:46 PM
His decision to try and catch the ball right at the death there could have been horrendously costly, admittedly he took the resulting corner well but he should have been taking a goal kick to finish the game!

Scottie
20-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Couple of big saves tonight from the Ox at crucial times but too mistake prone. Time for AS to give the gloves to the Hulk me thinks.

Nutmegged
20-04-2016, 08:49 PM
He's a donkey, so he makes some great saves at times, thats his job, the real factor here is you just can't trust him, I'm hoping that Stubbs is trying to give big Logan all the opportunities in the World to lose a stone or two before the Cup Final

Cheshire Hibby
20-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Given the earlier errors, a good take from the final corner. Trying to keep the faith in him but the errors are worrying.

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 08:53 PM

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2016, 08:54 PM

So am i whenever the ball goes anywhere near him.

hhibs
20-04-2016, 08:56 PM
Given the earlier errors, a good take from the final corner. Trying to keep the faith in him but the errors are worrying.

Something of an understatement don't you think ?

Jim44
20-04-2016, 08:58 PM
The second Sevco goal was a good strike but Oxley tried to save from a standing position whereas if he had taken a couple of steps he would have got to the ball with ease. Two goals completely his fault. Alan Stubborn can't defend him any longer.

WWFTWTG
20-04-2016, 08:58 PM
No confidence in Oxley he should have saved both goals - time for a change

Liberal Hibby
20-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Could've saved their second goal too!

Aye right.

Nutmegged

The errors aren't worrying mate, they're a great big red flag

G B Young
The venom (and that's what it seems to be from some) directed at Oxley on here is out of order. The whole team has been through a major dip in form and confidence and as the player in the most thankless position on the pitch Oxley has borne the brunt of way too much of the flak, despite some shocking finishing from our front men, lack of creativity in midfield and some downright awful defending. That, coupled by the fact the Oxley is probably aware of the campaign to get him dropped by some fans and can you really blame him for looking less than 100% assured.

I'm not suggesting he's a brilliant keeper but he is streets ahead of the likes of Malkowski, Brown, Caig and Gottskalksson and you could hardly argue the Rangers keeper looked any better tonight. Yes, Logan had an outstanding game on Saturday and can consider himself unlucky to be dropped but until tonight I don't honestly think Oxley has committed any clear howlers. Personally I think Logan looks like the man for the big occasion and I'd like to see him get the nod for the final but Oxley is a Hibs player and should be supported as such. Lack of confidence can be crippling for any player and for your own fans to start putting the boot in when what we need more than anything at this point of the season is 100% backing for the team is plain daft.

Brightside
20-04-2016, 09:00 PM
He's shocking... Whatever happens there is no chance he will be here next season. Just a shame big logan isn't a bit more fit.

Scooter
20-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Aye right.

He could have. Slow motion replay showed the ball went over the top of his hand and it was from

Not In The Know
20-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Yep on a personal level it's not nice to watch. But on a professional level dealing with a threat to your position by getting nervous especially for a keeper ain't good.

Allant1981
He could have. Slow motion replay showed the ball went over the top of his hand and it was from

Nah there was no way he was saving that shot, i dont rate the gut but he cant be blamed for that going in

Dashing Bob S
I've constantly defended Oxley but it's no longer appropriate to have such a liability in the team when there are alternatives. We should have been in easy street against a jaded and shaky looking Hun, and he threw them a lifeline, ensuring that a comfortable win became a tense-fought battle.

Make no mistake, a performance like that could be the difference between cup glory and waiting yet another year.

Conrad Logan needs a string of games to show what he can do in the run up to final and play-offs. Oxley needs a rest to get his head together.

C'mon Stubbs, loyalty is one thing, stupidity another. It's a p-e-r-f-o-r-m-a-n-c-e based endeavour, and you aren't encouraging non-performers here, your demotivating performers by playing favorites.

Brightside
20-04-2016, 09:02 PM
The venom (and that's what it seems to be from some) directed at Oxley on here is out of order. The whole team has been through a major dip in form and confidence and as the player in the most thankless position on the pitch Oxley has borne the brunt of way too much of the flak, despite some shocking finishing from our front men, lack of creativity in midfield and some downright awful defending. That, coupled by the fact the Oxley is probably aware of the campaign to get him dropped by some fans and can you really blame him for looking less than 100% assured.

I'm not suggesting he's a brilliant keeper but he is streets ahead of the likes of Malkowski, Brown, Caig and Gottskalksson and you could hardly argue the Rangers keeper looked any better tonight. Yes, Logan had an outstanding game on Saturday and can consider himself unlucky to be dropped but until tonight I don't honestly think Oxley has committed any clear howlers. Personally I think Logan looks like the man for the big occasion and I'd like to see him get the nod for the final but Oxley is a Hibs player and should be supported as such. Lack of confidence can be crippling for any player and for your own fans to start putting the boot in when what we need more than anything at this point of the season is 100% backing for the team is plain daft.

If any of the players you had mentioned failed to save that "cross" tonight they would rightly have been taken to task on this site. He has been very lucky this season that he generally only has to make about 2 saves game...but in the last 4/5 months he has struggled to even save them. He should not play for the first team again.

Mibbes Aye
20-04-2016, 09:02 PM
I'm no Oxley fan but I think credit's due to McKay for the second goal, it was simply a very, very good strike.

Giving him a hard time for his errors is fair enough but it's churlish to blame him for that one IMO. Feels like a cheap shot.

coldingham hibs
20-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Aye right.

If Oxley had moved his feet then he may have saved it, very slow as usual.

What I'd like to know is how he managed to give away the corner at the end, ball was clearly going out. Gray was disgusted.

My_Wife_Camille
20-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Not sure I'd blame him for the second goal but would need to see it again. No denying the first one though. Another to add to the growing list of howlers

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2016, 09:06 PM
The fans booing Oxley pre kick off when teams were read out and after 1st goal should really be ashamed of themselves it's really not nice to hear. Yes he was at fault for 1st goal but jeezo I felt sorry for him tonight...not nice at all

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hhibs
20-04-2016, 09:07 PM

I do not have any venomous feeling to any Hibs player but it is pretty clear to the majority,maybe the Vast majority that Oxley has not and is not a good enough goalkeeper. It must be impacting our other players confidence.
He really ,really, needs to be dropped.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 09:08 PM
He's shocking... Whatever happens there is no chance he will be here next season. Just a shame big logan isn't a bit more fit.

Logan will get fitter. He's naturally a big lad I think but he's been in better shape than he is now. Bear in mind he's on the way back from a bad injury and hasn't trained for months.

I'd give him until the summer to get fit, lose weight and take it from there. I was watching him in the warm up and for a big unit he gets down, and back up again, quickly.

Jim44
20-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Not sure I'd blame him for the second goal but would need to see it again. No denying the first one though. Another to add to the growing list of howlers

Well let's be generous and say he wasn't at fault for the second goal, but a decent keeper would have got to it.

Hibstrooper
20-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Interesting to see that Oxley never applauded the fans at the end of the game and it's hard to blame him.

As long as he is in goals and especially during the game he should be given 100% backing from the stands, regardless of past mistakes. Anything else is just self-destructive to the team.

MyJo
Very few keepers could have saved the second goal it was an absolute peach of a strike and to blame Oxley for that is unfair.

He Ballsed up at the first but done well at the end to come for the corner and save the match.

WestEndHibee

My thoughts summed up perfectly! :top marks

Hibee Mac
20-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Stubbs has got to see the light of day now. On previous performance Logan is our best keeper and he needs games before the all important playoffs.

He's made it hard for himself and Oxley now, there wouldn't have been any questions asked if he'd played Logan tonight, but now that he's played Oxley it looks like he's being dropped based solely on this game.

bingo70
20-04-2016, 09:10 PM
I think he should have got the second.

He's a big sack of tatties, absolutely no agility, he pretty much falls to the left, decent keeper would have saved it IMO.

Sammy7nil
20-04-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm no Oxley fan but I think credit's due to McKay for the second goal, it was simply a very, very good strike.

Giving him a hard time for his errors is fair enough but it's churlish to blame him for that one IMO. Feels like a cheap shot.

Should he have saved the 2nd i am not 100% sure could he have saved it - yes am 100% sure. He just does not make saves others can and do.

Speedy
His decision to try and catch the ball right at the death there could have been horrendously costly, admittedly he took the resulting corner well but he should have been taking a goal kick to finish the game!

Could've done but after leaving the first one I'm not surprised he made sure.

hibeerealist
Very few keepers could have saved the second goal it was an absolute peach of a strike and to blame Oxley for that is unfair.

He Ballsed up at the first but done well at the end to come for the corner and save the match.

PLEASE do not make statements like that "done well to come for the corner and SAVE the match" what are you on about!!!

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Those who say he couldn't have got the 2nd goal really need to watch it again. His foot movement is just as it normally is when ANYONE shoots from distance against him, NONE.

I'd have bloody saved it. :rolleyes:

FFS there's no defending him for both goals, this is how he plays when there's a little pressure on him after Logans display on Saturday.

Get him out the team Stubbs.

Hibs07p
20-04-2016, 09:19 PM

You are joking? He gave them the corner when it should be a bye kick!

GGTTH

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-04-2016, 09:21 PM

I'm not suggesting he's a brilliant keeper but he is streets ahead of the likes of Malkowski, Brown, Caig and Gottskalksson and you could hardly argue the Rangers keeper looked any better tonight. Yes, Logan had an outstanding game on Saturday and can consider himself unlucky to be dropped but until tonight I don't honestly think Oxley has committed any clear howlers. Personally I think Logan looks like the man for the big occasion and I'd like to see him get the nod for the final but Oxley is a Hibs player and should be supported as such. Lack of confidence can be crippling for any player and for your own fans to start putting the boot in when what we need more than anything at this point of the season is 100% backing for the team is plain daft.Probably the most articulate, sensible post regarding the Oxley Hysteria even if the majority won't agree with you.

MyJo
20-04-2016, 09:21 PM
PLEASE do not make statements like that "done well to come for the corner and SAVE the match" what are you on about!!!

He claimed the ball from the corner meaning the game ended rather than that corner having a Rangers player on the end of it who could have put it in the net and cost us the win. So yes his catch saved the game for us when there was still a risk we could lose another goal

Sammy7nil
20-04-2016, 09:23 PM
he claimed the ball from the corner meaning the game ended rather than that corner having a rangers player on the end of it who could have put it in the net and cost us the win. So yes his catch saved the game for us when there was still a risk we could lose another goal

lol

Brightside
20-04-2016, 09:25 PM
He claimed the ball from the corner meaning the game ended rather than that corner having a Rangers player on the end of it who could have put it in the net and cost us the win. So yes his catch saved the game for us when there was still a risk we could lose another goal

If he had locked himself in the bog before the game he'd have saved the game earlier.

Mibbes Aye
Those who say he couldn't have got the 2nd goal really need to watch it again. His foot movement is just as it normally is when ANYONE shoots from distance against him, NONE.

I'd have bloody saved it. :rolleyes:

FFS there's no defending him for both goals, this is how he plays when there's a little pressure on him after Logans display on Saturday.

Get him out the team Stubbs.

I watched it a few times and as I say, it feels like some folk are just taking advantage of it to have a go at him. Which is a bit crap because there are reasons to have a go at him but this is a poor one.

You're about the fourth person to mention foot movement. This is typical - someone mentions it and then others jump on the bandwagon but it doesn't actually make any sense. The swerve on the ball was such that it would have negated the foot movement.

If the ball hadn't swerved right (and why should he assume it would?) then he would have ended up moving the opposite direction from his jump, which would have been ridiculous.

As I say, there's reason to criticise him but this just feels embarrassing.

mcfly
Oxley is awful.

He watched the first goal go in - catch it or tip over bar.
He gets near nothing - any shots on goal usually go in.

He punched a ball out when easier to catch
At the very end the ball was going wide. He then tried to catch it. Why I don't know and gave them a corner,

He does not inspire anyone and must be dropped.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Stubbs has got to see the light of day now. On previous performance Logan is our best keeper and he needs games before the all important playoffs.

He's made it hard for himself and Oxley now, there wouldn't have been any questions asked if he'd played Logan tonight, but now that he's played Oxley it looks like he's being dropped based solely on this game.

Whereas before it would have been on the basis of the semi game? Not really sure whether on is better than the other... Either way No.1 losing the gloves (temp or otherwise)
He put Oxley in to learn something - how Oxley trains and plays given competition. Now he has a further decision to make. But it should always be about performance.

hibee
20-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Interesting to see that Oxley never applauded the fans at the end of the game and it's hard to blame him.

As long as he is in goals and especially during the game he should be given 100% backing from the stands, regardless of past mistakes. Anything else is just self-destructive to the team.

My thoughts exactly, embarrassing hearing booing when his name was read out before the game and all the groans around the stadium every time the ball comes near him.

Not saying he should be no 1 but he couldn't win tonight and all this talk can't do anything for his confidence.

PercyHibs
20-04-2016, 09:28 PM
He needs dropped for the sake of the team and himself. He's playing with zero confidence and it's Stubbs job to take the pressure off him and take him out the spotlight.

PercyHibs
20-04-2016, 09:28 PM
My thoughts exactly, embarrassing hearing booing when his name was read out before the game and all the groans around the stadium every time the ball comes near him.

Not saying he should be no 1 but he couldn't win tonight and all this talk can't do anything for his confidence.

completely agree

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2016, 09:30 PM
I watched it a few times and as I say, it feels like some folk are just taking advantage of it to have a go at him. Which is a bit crap because there are reasons to have a go at him but this is a poor one.

You're about the fourth person to mention foot movement. This is typical - someone mentions it and then others jump on the bandwagon but it doesn't actually make any sense. The swerve on the ball was such that it would have negated the foot movement.

If the ball hadn't swerved right (and why should he assume it would?) then he would have ended up moving the opposite direction from his jump, which would have been ridiculous.

As I say, there's reason to criticise him but this just feels embarrassing.

Nah not having that, he saw the ball from 30 yards and dives from a standing start. If he's on his toes he can take a couple of little steps and save that easily.

He did exactly the same against St Mirren when they scored from a free kick. He's poor man FFS poor.

hhibs
20-04-2016, 09:32 PM

:brickwall

MyJo
20-04-2016, 09:33 PM
If he had locked himself in the bog before the game he'd have saved the game earlier.

Don't disagree with you, would much rather have Logan in goals for the rest of the season as I've been saying since Saturday

The Harp Awakes
20-04-2016, 09:33 PM
I felt for the big man tonight. Was right behind McKay's shot in the West and the ball swerved away from Oxley. He had no chance of saving it. Top goal.

The bottom line though is that there is no way he should be letting their 1st goal in. It was a simple cross to deal with. He also looks a bag of nerves to me, constantly dropping or fumbling the ball.

I'll be shocked if Conrad is not in goals on Saturday.

SlickShoes
20-04-2016, 09:34 PM
His team mates were supporting him, he doesn't deserve to be boo'd that's out of order really, however he did not play well for a keeper that has something to prove. Basic errors like their goal and at the end trying to catch it and giving away a corner.

He just seemed to play with no real motivation, he looked lethargic.

He's an OK goalie but I really wish he hadn't made that mistake to let them back in to the game when they had created virtually nothing at all. Feel bad for him but it's up to him to come out and prove something and he didnt even look like he cared.

WWFTWTG
20-04-2016, 09:36 PM
I remember him missing that very saveable long range effort from the poppy thieves - not been impressed ever since.

Logan must come in now.

Mibbes Aye
20-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Nah not having that, he saw the ball from 30 yards and dives from a standing start. If he's on his toes he can take a couple of little steps and save that easily.

He did exactly the same against St Mirren when they scored from a free kick. He's poor man FFS poor.

"On his toes", "a couple of little steps" right then :rolleyes:

He had three or four Rangers players coming into the box so he had to stay relatively central to guard against the cross, which was the more obvious option for McKay.

I can only imagine the crucifixion on here if he had moved to his left and allowed two-thirds of his goal open for an easy header.

As I say, he has made errors and he can expect criticism for them but it just seems a bit too cheap and easy to lay into him for this one.

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 09:39 PM

Can't blame him, the bullying of him is shocking. Too many people on here can't even celebrate a win over Sevco without having a pop at him in the process. It's pathetic and these people can't call themselves supporters as they aren't supporting all of the team, they give money to Hibs to attend games but that's it.

J-C
20-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Can't be arsed reading 4 pages but that was just a shocking error from Oxley, watched it again on the concourse tv and for a guy 6' 4" or however big he is he totally misjudged his jump and missed the ball completely, far too many mistakes in one season for a keeper, get shot.

erskine-hibby
20-04-2016, 09:40 PM

Well said!
Some would think, reading a lot of these posts, that we actually got beaten tonight.
We have gained 3 valuable points, and against the runaway champions, these could be crucial in the run up.

mcfly
20-04-2016, 09:41 PM
I've just watched both Rangers goals.

Oxley a first was a howler and embarrassing for a goalie to lose.

The second goal he never moved at all.

He's not playing well

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 09:41 PM
1 big mistake, a couple of good saves and a vital cross collected at the death.

erskine-hibby
20-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Can't blame him, the bullying of him is shocking. Too many people on here can't even celebrate a win over Sevco without having a pop at him in the process. It's pathetic and these people can't call themselves supporters as they aren't supporting all of the team, they give money to Hibs to attend games but that's it.

Hear, hear!!

LaMotta
20-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Oxley is awful.

He watched the first goal go in - catch it or tip over bar.
He gets near nothing - any shots on goal usually go in.

He punched a ball out when easier to catch
At the very end the ball was going wide. He then tried to catch it. Why I don't know and gave them a corner,

He does not inspire anyone and must be dropped.

When was the punch that was easier to catch??

mcfly
20-04-2016, 09:43 PM

He had three or four Rangers players coming into the box so he had to stay relatively central to guard against the cross, which was the more obvious option for McKay.

I can only imagine the crucifixion on here if he had moved to his left and allowed two-thirds of his goal open for an easy header.

As I say, he has made errors and he can expect criticism for them but it just seems a bit too cheap and easy to lay into him for this one.

Sorry I disagree he never moved.

Watch the second goal again - the commentators are very critical of him.

I don't agree with booing but he needs dropped

Sammy7nil
20-04-2016, 09:44 PM

Just ask yourself could he have saved it, was it truly unstoppable? What is your answer? For me he just does not make saves others can and do.

erskine-hibby
I've just watched both Rangers goals.

Oxley a first was a howler and embarrassing for a goalie to lose.

The second goal he never moved at all.

He's not playing well

Strange?
I saw him dive but the swerve of the ball at the end took it away from him.

LaMotta

The type of people that do that are severely lacking in brains.

Danderhall Hibs

I think it must be the one in the 2nd half when he came out and done a superman dive. Cleared the ball close to halfway. A few round me wanted him to catch it as well.

I'm sure if he had they'd have preferred the punch though.

Pretty Boy

Does that apply to you and some of the things you said about Cummings at the weekend as well?

LaMotta
20-04-2016, 09:45 PM
I think it must be the one in the 2nd half when he came out and done a superman dive. Cleared the ball close to halfway. A few round me wanted him to catch it as well.

I'm sure if he had they'd have preferred the punch though.

Aye, the only punch I remember was a very good one amongst a ruck of bodies!

Nicho87
20-04-2016, 09:46 PM
If aint straight at him he dont save shots. Shocking by stubbs to drop logan, what more could logan have done.

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Does that apply to you and some of the things you said about Cummings at the weekend as well?

I was angry at Cummings after he made a tired team play another 30 minutes thanks to his arrogance. He's provided a perfect answer to that and I quite happily eat humble pie over it. These roasters are booing a player before he even steps foot on a pitch, ignore anything good he does and find a way to put blame on his plate for anything.

He doesn't stand a chance and there's a big difference.

Hibrandenburg
20-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Booing a Hibs player before kick-off is disgraceful, that said football is a performance based sport and he probably shouldn't have been between the sticks tonight based on his recent performance and that of Logan's. The message sent to the regular team members is "have a night off you'll still be first choice" and those pushing for a place "No matter how hard you try you will always be 2nd choice". Not how you motivate and create a team IMHO.

H18 SFR
20-04-2016, 09:52 PM
I just really hope that come the playoffs and cup final that Oxley hasn't had a chance to lose it for us. The alarm bells are ringing.

steakbake
20-04-2016, 09:53 PM
If aint straight at him he dont save shots. Shocking by stubbs to drop logan, what more could logan have done.

I don't know - played a couple of games more than just a one off semi final?

Don't get me wrong - he's done good. And I'm not going to say here that Oxley is brilliant by any stretch. However, people are giving Oxley way too much stick. Both keepers tonight messed up.

But in a match like tonight - a real 6 pointer - would I rather have a guy in between the sticks who has played all season or a guy who is some way off match fit whose achievement to date is to have done well in a cup game?

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 09:53 PM
I was angry at Cummings after he made a tired team play another 30 minutes thanks to his arrogance. He's provided a perfect answer to that and I quite happily eat humble pie over it. These roasters are booing a player before he even steps foot on a pitch, ignore anything good he does and find a way to put blame on his plate for anything.

How loud was this booing pre game?

I was in 25 minutes before kick off and can say hand on heart I didn't hear it. I heard a muted sarcastic cheers or 2 after the goal which was moronic but this is going to grow arms and legs and become Oxley was booed by a majority every time he touched the ball.

Oxley is like the new Stevenson. There's no sensible debate about him, it's either blame him for everything or people not wanting to hear a word against him. Both regardless of what actually plays out.

Libby Hibby
20-04-2016, 09:54 PM
I don't think Oxley can do right for doing wrong at the moment and Stubbs shouldn't have exposed him to that when playing Conrad tonight would've taken the sting out of the situation.

1st goal - Oxleys fault
2nd goal - good strike, nothing more but why can't he save anything that's on target? That's my whole issue with him, he saves very very little when he's asked to do so.

I felt sorry for him tonight, especially when Conrad got a round of applause for his warm up, he needs a break, he needs to get his head back on it as at times I thought his decision making was poor

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 09:58 PM

I was in 25 minutes before kick off and can say hand on heart I didn't hear it. I heard a muted sarcastic cheers or 2 after the goal which was moronic but this is going to grow arms and legs and become Oxley was booed by a majority every time he touched the ball.

Oxley is like the new Stevenson. There's no sensible debate about him, it's either blame him for everything or people not wanting to hear a word against him. Both regardless of what actually plays out.

leggeto
20-04-2016, 09:59 PM
I think he should have got the second.

He's a big sack of tatties, absolutely no agility, he pretty much falls to the left, decent keeper would have saved it IMO.

Too slow to react and never really on his toes,it was a good strike on target where most keepers would have seen it coming

Pretty Boy

stoneyburn hibs
Get him dropped, first goal was a terrible goal to lose, tip over the bar.
He should have got a hand to the 2nd goal, I had a perfect view of the shot, couldn't believe that he didn't get something on it.

jane_says
20-04-2016, 10:01 PM
The abuse he is getting atm is embarrassing. He needs rested for a few games to take the sting out of it, the guy can't do anything right in some folks eyes.

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 10:03 PM

Rubbish, criticism where it's due, he should have done much better with the 1st goal. Nobody is saying that criticism isn't deserved where required.

The treatment of him by some people is quite frankly shocking and I'm surprised that it's seen as defensible.

Ronniekirk
When he came out and caught that last corner kick he fell to ground clutching the ball Ref blew final whistle and a lot of hibs players dived onto the ox to celebrate so that was a nice touch

hibeerealist

you are correct re bullying but please do not call them non supporters, who do you think you are to make such judgements? jeezo

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 10:05 PM
you are correct re bullying but please do not call them non supporters, who do you think you are to make such judgements? jeezo

If you're not supporting the team you're a non supporter?

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 10:07 PM

They're not giving support to our entire team, that suggests they aren't supporters by definition? Source of income, attendee but not supporter in a million years.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Rubbish, criticism where it's due, he should have done much better with the 1st goal. Nobody is saying that criticism isn't deserved where required.

The treatment of him by some people is quite frankly shocking and I'm surprised that it's seen as defensible.

The issue is that those with valid criticisms get lumped in with the rest. You accused me on the PM board of 'scapegoating' Oxley after the LC final which was and is utter nonsense. I've been as balanced as anyone when it comes to Oxley yet an opinion I expressed which wasn't even an explicit criticism wasn't even debated, just jumped upon. There's plenty of that going on the other way as well I hasten to add.

The 'oxleymorons' and 'oxleydefenders' stuff is utterly tedious and I'd expect it from schoolchildren.

hibeerealist
20-04-2016, 10:09 PM
If you're not supporting the team you're a non supporter?

Give it a rest you plum, we all have opinions and obviously you have yours but non supporters s hite what an erse

FromTheCapital
20-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Don't think Oxley had a bad game to be honest.

First goal was ***** goalkeeping but after that, he picked himself up and did well afterwards.

The second goal is a rocket and there is nothing he can do about it. Feel free to post some pish about he should've saved it.

Minor error to concede corner at the death but he redeemed himself well.

Some of the abuse at the game was disgusting and I wouldn't class these people as Hibs 'fans'. Just utter pricks.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 10:10 PM
The issue is that those with valid criticisms get lumped in with the rest. You accused me on the PM board of 'scapegoating' Oxley after the LC final which was and is utter nonsense. I've been as balanced as anyone when it comes to Oxley yet an opinion I expressed which wasn't even an explicit criticism wasn't even debated, just jumped upon. There's plenty of that going on the other way as well I hasten to add.

The 'oxleymorons' and 'oxleydefenders' stuff is utterly tedious and I'd expect it from schoolchildren.

And there are those of us trying to be objective as well - generally you just get shouted down and end up defending him against stuff that's made up, repeated and sticks.

Hiber-nation
Having watched the highlights I'm surprised people are defending him for the 2nd. Keepers have to move their legs, they have to anticipate. He never moved a inch till the ball was almost past him and this happens far too often. As for the first, it was a dreadful error of judgement.

His confidence looks shot, has to be dropped for Saturday.

WeeRussell

He applauded just before he went down the tunnel. Albeit a brief applause in front of the west stand - as you alluded to, we'd hardly expect a lap of the pitch from him.

Not gonna get involved in the rest of this debate :)

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Give it a rest you plum, we all have opinions and obviously you have yours but non supporters s hite what an erse

Think you're proving my point

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 10:12 PM

Booing isn't an opinion. Abuse isn't an opinion.

But good on you, not a single good point to make so you resort to personal abuse. Right after a win against that lot. Go on yoursel'.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Booing isn't an opinion. Abuse isn't an opinion.

But good on you, not a single good point to make so you resort to personal abuse. Right after a win against that lot. Go on yoursel'.

:agree: Says it all.

H18 SFR

To be fair, he has significant difficulty effectively controlling his hands, perhaps he simply couldn't co-ordinate his hands to clap.

hibeerealist
They're not giving support to our entire team, that suggests they aren't supporters by definition? Source of income, attendee but not supporter in a million years.

Aye ok then!!

If you and some of the others on here had your way the stands would be empty, Christ they pays their money and are entitled to their opinion. Non supporters, never heard so much toss!!!

mcfly
20-04-2016, 10:14 PM

Just after 3 goal - superman dive when I thought he could catch it

Look I don't agree with the booing but he ain't good enough.

The first goal was a dreadful error and we can't afford that when we must win every game. He needs dropped

Danderhall Hibs
Aye ok then!!

If you and some of the others on here had your way the stands would be empty, Christ they pays their money and are entitled to their opinion. Non supporters, never heard so much toss!!!

If someone's not supporting the team what should they be called?

Plums?

Pretty Boy
And there are those of us trying to be objective as well - generally you just get shouted down and end up defending him against stuff that's made up, repeated and sticks.
Which I acknowledged.

I've tried to be objective re Oxley as well. If you are in any way inclined a quick check of my posts would prove that but have found myself regularly shouted down for criticising him just as much as 'defending' or praising him.

I'll repeat I think the Oxley debate has moved way beyond being sensible.

marleyhib
20-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Fans getting on his back is bad form but he shouldn't be playing. First goal was his fault, second I just watched on the telly and he should have done better, a decent keeper would have saved it.

Doesn't come for crosses, poor handling (Falkirk), confidence shot now too.

If he was an outfield player he'd have been dropped weeks ago. He had f all to do with the win tonight.

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Which I acknowledged.

I've tried to be objective re Oxley as well. If you are in any way inclined a quick check of my posts would prove that but have found myself regularly shouted down for criticising him just as much as 'defending' or praising him.

I'd be inclined to agree with you.

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Fans getting on his back is bad form but he shouldn't be playing. First goal was his fault, second I just watched on the telly and he should have done better, a decent keeper would have saved it.

If he was an outfield player he'd have been dropped weeks ago. He had f all to do with the win tonight.

Bull****, how about the 1 on 1? If that had gone in it'd have been 3-3 :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Which I acknowledged.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 10:18 PM

Would Craig Gordon have saved it? He didn't on Sunday.

Doesn't come for crosses except for the one he punched and the one he claimed in injury time.

Apart from them.

SunshineOnLeith

Plums?

I was thinking earlier about the inevitable 'problem' of Rangers fans in our end at Hampden.

They'll be easily outed as they'll be the ones NOT booing Hibs players.

stoneyburn hibs
Bull****, how about the 1 on 1? If that had gone in it'd have been 3-3 :rolleyes:

He didn't really have to move at all to make that save.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 10:19 PM
He didn't really have to move at all to make that save.

:hilarious

mcfly
Don't think Oxley had a bad game to be honest.

First goal was ***** goalkeeping but after that, he picked himself up and did well afterwards.

The second goal is a rocket and there is nothing he can do about it. Feel free to post some pish about he should've saved it.

Minor error to concede corner at the death but he redeemed himself well.

Some of the abuse at the game was disgusting and I wouldn't class these people as Hibs 'fans'. Just utter pricks.

Didn't have a bad game?? Dearie me

You are easy pleased son - that was awful

A keeper with no confidence shows throughout the team. Defence comes nervy as the fans.

A confident goalie like Conrad shouts at the players, makes saves gives the fans confidence.

That's what we need....

Jonnyboy
To be fair, he has significant difficulty effectively controlling his hands, perhaps he simply couldn't co-ordinate his hands to clap.

Did you start that song then? You know, the one where you said Oxley, Oxley GTF?

hibby6270
20-04-2016, 10:20 PM

Totally agree. :thumbsup:

stoneyburn hibs
20-04-2016, 10:20 PM
:hilarious

Care to elaborate ?

FromTheCapital
20-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Didn't have a bad game?? Dearie me

You are easy pleased son - that was awful

A keeper with no confidence shows throughout the team. Defence comes nervy as the fans.

A confident goalie like Conrad shouts at the players, makes saves gives the fans confidence.

That's what we need....

"Like Conrad" :rofl

He's played one game, stop pissing yer pants.

You must just hate Oxley... Bizarre really.

Liberal Hibby
20-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Well let's be generous and say he wasn't at fault for the second goal, but a decent keeper would have got to it.

Pish. It was unsaveable.

Danderhall Hibs
Care to elaborate ?

Don't think there's any point. He made a save you do t want to acknowledge it. Best just to leave it there.

Scouse Hibee
I wonder if Logan really is a better keeper than Oxley? I have only seen him play once so I have no idea to be honest. If you listen to some folk he would save everything that Oxley doesn't/couldn't.

emerald green
20-04-2016, 10:23 PM

Plums?

A supporter is surely still a supporter even if he/she occasionally criticises a player, if there's good reason for doing so.

Football fans give their teams / players praise and criticism depending on how things are going on the pitch, and results-wise. Every set of fans I've ever stood or sat among, at various different clubs over the years, is the same.

Are you saying supporters should give unconditional support, no matter what, and never criticise?

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2016, 10:23 PM

Oxley is like the new Stevenson. There's no sensible debate about him, it's
either blame him for everything or people not wanting to hear a word against him. Both regardless of what actually plays out.

There was audible booing when teams were read out and again after Sevco goal...i clearly heard it both times in Famous Five stand...its disgusting these so called fans should be ashamed. Regardless of opinions on Ox he doesnt deserve that appaling treatment

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 10:24 PM
A supporter is surely still a supporter even if he/she occasionally criticises a player, if there's good reason for doing so.

Football fans give their teams / players praise and criticism depending on how things are going on the pitch, and results-wise. Every set of fans I've ever stood or sat among, at various different clubs over the years, is the same.

Are you saying supporters should give unconditional support, no matter what, and never criticise?

There's a difference between valid criticism and abuse/bullying.

gaz1875
20-04-2016, 10:24 PM

Can't say I heard any booing in the FFU...I nearly passed out with anger at the goal though :grr:

Shrekko
20-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Would Craig Gordon have saved it? He didn't on Sunday.

Doesn't come for crosses except for the one he punched and the one he claimed in injury time.

Apart from them.

Danderhall, to quote George Galloway, I salute you sir and your indefatigability. However.. I find it incredible that you can still defend Oxley over the piece. Easiest thing in the world to point to wee things here and there but ultimately he's falling short and the vast majority seemingly agree. I did find the booing deplorable though and I blame Stubbs for a very poor decision.

See the one he claimed at the end though? Superb goalkeeping which really proves the point that commanding your box IS possible. He should be doing it far more if he's to redeem himself.

stoneyburn hibs
Don't think there's any point. He made a save you do t want to acknowledge it. Best just to leave it there.

No come on, I said he didn't really have to move. How is that not acknowledging it ?

Liberal Hibby
He needs dropped for the sake of the team and himself. He's playing with zero confidence and it's Stubbs job to take the pressure off him and take him out the spotlight.

And a bunch of Hibs fans (along with no doubt a fair number of Jambo trolls) are contributing to his lack of confidence.

Tonight proves the cup is there for the winning - are we going to help the team do it or pick them off one by one?

Danderhall Hibs

No, I'm asking what someone who isn't supporting the team is called.

We all have a moan at times but it's now a witch hunt. Booing your own player in a game like that doesn't seem sensible to me, it certainly doesn't meet my definition of support.

LaMotta
20-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Just after 3 goal - superman dive when I thought he could catch it

Look I don't agree with the booing but he ain't good enough.

The first goal was a dreadful error and we can't afford that when we must win every game. He needs dropped

Cant believe anyone would have a go at him for that punch!

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 10:27 PM
There was audible booing when teams were read out and again after Sevco goal...i clearly heard it both times in Famous Five stand...its disgusting these so called fans should be ashamed. Regardless of opinions on Ox he doesnt deserve that appaling treatment

I honestly didn't hear any booing pre game and I'm in the FF as well.

The nonsense after the goal was just stupidity, although I picked up saracstic cheers rather than booing. Inexcusable either way. The guy was put in a tough situation tonight and that didn't help at all. I understand fans showing their frustration at HT and FT with a bit pantomime booing, that's gone on as long as I can remember, but singling out any Hibs player is just wrong.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Danderhall, to quote George Galloway, I salute you sir and your indefatigability. However.. I find it incredible that you can still defend Oxley over the piece. Easiest thing in the world to point to wee things here and there but ultimately he's falling short and the vast majority seemingly agree. I did find the booing deplorable though and I blame Stubbs for a very poor decision.

See the one he claimed at the end though? Superb goalkeeping which really proves the point that commanding your box IS possible. He should be doing it far more if he's to redeem himself.

I'm not defending the first goal in any way and I would have played Logam tonight.

I just think folk making stuff up, not acknowledging anything good he does is completely wrong.

emerald green
There's a difference between valid criticism and abuse/bullying.

I agree. Bullying, in any shape or form, is unacceptable. But that wasn't what I was asking though.

Hiber-nation
Pish. It was unsaveable.

Folk are going on about valid criticism but "pish" isn't valid. He doesn't move his legs. I think that's valid.

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 10:29 PM
I agree. Bullying, in any shape or form, is unacceptable. But that wasn't what I was asking though.

But it's the answer to the question you should be asking.

mcfly
20-04-2016, 10:33 PM
"Like Conrad" :rofl

He's played one game, stop pissing yer pants.

You must just hate Oxley... Bizarre really.

You obviously just think by using insults you will get your point across.

Doesn't work mate. I never once said I hate oxley I said he made terrible errors and the first goal was a shocker.

He doesn't inspire me or many of the fans in the stands.

Obviously you think he's wonderful so good for u.

WeeRussell
20-04-2016, 10:33 PM
I wonder if Logan really is a better keeper than Oxley? I have only seen him play once so I have no idea to be honest. If you listen to some folk he would save everything that Oxley doesn't/couldn't.

You can just see it eh.. Second game shocker and another 14 pages of tit-for-tat bedlam on here Haha (no smileys on phone!)

Disclaimer.. I am one who assumes Logan is a better keeper after that one game, I'd just rather enjoy tonight's result than fight about it.

marleyhib
20-04-2016, 10:36 PM

The one where the guy kicked it straight at him?

He needs dropped in my opinion which I know is worth jack, nowt personal - I want him to do well.

The one cross he did come for was after he caught a ball that was going out an gave away a corner.

Too many mistakes , bench

Liberal Hibby
20-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Folk are going on about valid criticism but "pish" isn't valid. He doesn't move his legs. I think that's valid.

Really - how then was he horizontal and in mid air when the ball wnet past him?

Did he have a pogo stick.

You're right pish isn't valid - bucket of ***** is.

SunshineOnLeith
20-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Really - how then was he horizontal and in mid air when the ball wnet past him?

Did he have a pogo stick.

You're right pish isn't valid - bucket of ***** is.

Logan would have had a pogo stick.

Liberal Hibby
20-04-2016, 10:39 PM
Logan would have had a pogo stick.

:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2016, 10:40 PM
Really feel for the guy, sad that some appear to be reveling in his mistake. I'd like Stubbs to take him out of the firing line but the ********s that are heckling him are a disgrace, every player in a Hibs shirt deserves our support till the end.

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 10:42 PM
The first goal was a bad mistake, granted. Few keepers would have saved the second, the save from the 1 on 1 in the 1st half was good, the save from the deflection off McGregors foot/Holt's shot was good reactions and the take of the corner at the end was excellent.

Shame that so many people choose to focus on one part of that and fail to give any credit for the things he did very well.

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2016, 10:44 PM
The first goal was a bad mistake, granted. Few keepers would have saved the second, the save from the 1 on 1 in the 1st half was good, the save from the deflection off McGregors foot/Holt's shot was good reactions and the take of the corner at the end was excellent.

Shame that so many people choose to focus on one part of that and fail to give any credit for the things he did very well.

Couldn't agree more. The huns goalie was much worse, couldn't kick or save anything.

HibsNutter
20-04-2016, 10:44 PM
The personal abuse he gets, not just on here, is wrong. But he's not good enough. He shouldn't play at the weekend after that pathetic attempt for their first goal, or he will be seen to be undroppable. Even at the end he put us under pressure needlessly, although it was nice to see him make up for that by coming to claim the cross.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 10:47 PM
Couldn't agree more. The huns goalie was much worse, couldn't kick or save anything.

Funny I actually think the huns keeper is very comfortable with the ball at his feet. He had a couple of dodgy kicks tonight but the defence seem happy to give him the ball under pressure and he passes well with both feet. There was a lot of noise every time the ball was passed back to him tonight but I struggle to think of an ocassion where his pass or clearance put them under too much pressure. No more so that is always going to be the case when their game plan insists on playing it short from the back almost every time.

He's murder under a high ball though, twice that's been proven at ER this season.

emerald green
20-04-2016, 10:48 PM
No, I'm asking what someone who isn't supporting the team is called.

We all have a moan at times but it's now a witch hunt. Booing your own player in a game like that doesn't seem sensible to me, it certainly doesn't meet my definition of support.

I don't agree with any "witch hunt", if that's how you see it. I just think some supporters are criticising what they see as poor goalkeeping because it's costing their team needless goals.

But it's the answer to the question you should be asking.

OK but are you able to actually answer the question I asked? i.e. "Are you saying supporters should give unconditional support, no matter what, and never criticise?".

Time for me to call it a day. I'm just happy with tonight's result.

Ringothedog
20-04-2016, 10:49 PM
Our goalkeeper tonight conceded 2 goals, the goalkeeper of the champions conceded 3 goals, Both made bad mistakes, he is not the greatest Hibernian player but whenever he is selected I will always support him.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 10:51 PM
I don't agree with any "witch hunt", if that's how you see it. I just think some supporters are criticising what they see as poor goalkeeping because it's costing their team needless goals.

OK but are you able to actually answer the question I asked? i.e. "Are you saying supporters should give unconditional support, no matter what, and never criticise?".

That's fair enough for the first goal but then to go on and criticise him for not saving the 2nd it not acknowledging the save at the 1on1 cos it wasn't difficult enough - that's where you start straying into witch hunt territory.

Stubbs shouldn't have played him tonight - he was in a complete lose lose, not helping himself of course with the first goal.

Mikey09
20-04-2016, 10:52 PM
The fans booing Oxley pre kick off when teams were read out and after 1st goal should really be ashamed of themselves it's really not nice to hear. Yes he was at fault for 1st goal but jeezo I felt sorry for him tonight...not nice at all

Absolutlu disgusting behaviour from some fans. Did the same at the Falkirk game. Course he's made mistakes, but what keeper hasn't?! It's got to the point where I think some want him to **** up to then give it the told you so pish. Must make him even more nervous hearing folk booing him BEFORE KICK OFF!! :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Funny I actually think the huns keeper is very comfortable with the ball at his feet. He had a couple of dodgy kicks tonight but the defence seem happy to give him the ball under pressure and he passes well with both feet. There was a lot of noise every time the ball was passed back to him tonight but I struggle to think of an ocassion where his pass or clearance put them under too much pressure. No more so that is always going to be the case when their game plan insists on playing it short from the back almost every time.

He's murder under a high ball though, twice that's been proven at ER this season.Very left footed and some bad kicks, wouldn't be surprised if they bin him and the 2 centre halfs

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 10:54 PM

Nobody's saying that criticism isn't a part of following football :confused:

Glorious St Pat
20-04-2016, 10:55 PM

Agree - the team must be wondering 'how many goals do we have to score?' The guy is rank average and currently low on confidence in what is the most important run in to the season. Error from Stubbs tonight playing him and he needs a rest. Instils no confidence in the defence or the fans. Sorry Ox - away and drink coffee with your Hipster mates!

Pretty Boy
Very left footed and some bad kicks, wouldn't be surprised if they bin him and the 2 centre halfs

They'll definitely be looking for better next year throughout their team. They don't have a choice if they want to compete.

There's goals to be had against them for the moment that's for sure.

Hibee_Craig7062
First of all I don't agree with the booing of any hibs player no matter what.

But Oxley is not good enough. He's soft as ***** and doesn't inspire any confidence in the back 4. Time and time again he concedes soft goals. I've seen both goals live at the game and now on the TV and feel he can do better with the second. Anticipate the shot. The first. Well dearie me.
He needs a spell on the sidelines and we must sign better in the summer

emerald green
20-04-2016, 10:56 PM
That's fair enough for the first goal but then to go on and criticise him for not saving the 2nd it not acknowledging the save at the 1on1 cos it wasn't difficult enough - that's where you start straying into witch hunt territory.

Stubbs shouldn't have played him tonight - he was in a complete lose lose, not helping himself of course with the first goal.

The bit in bold - I agree with that.

Borderhibbie76
Absolutlu disgusting behaviour from some fans. Did the same at the Falkirk game. Course he's made mistakes, but what keeper hasn't?! It's got to the point where I think some want him to **** up to then give it the told you so pish. Must make him even more nervous hearing folk booing him BEFORE KICK OFF!! :rolleyes:
You can tell by some posts on here tonight...some are delighted he f####d up for the 1st goal...more so than their joy at us beating Sevco. I blame stubbs for putting him in that situation tbh as he was on a hiding to nothing tonight...but some fans need to have a serious word with themselves...disgusting behaviour it really is. And they then wonder why our keeper is a bag of nerves?? I didn't see Sevco hordes booing fotheringham after his howler for our 2nd goal!!! Really felt for oxley tonight

Northernhibee
Agree - the team must be wondering 'how many goals do we have to score?' The guy is rank average and currently low on confidence in what is the most important run in to the season. Error from Stubbs tonight playing him and he needs a rest. Instils no confidence in the defence or the fans. Sorry Ox - away and drink coffee with your Hipster mates!

:rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 10:58 PM
:rolleyes:

any idea what the coffee thing is? Is he being criticised for drinking coffee instead of beer or tea?

I'm a bit lost now.

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 10:59 PM
any idea what the coffee thing is? Is he being criticised for drinking coffee instead of beer or tea?

I'm a bit lost now.

Oxley must be a top ****ger, he appears to have pumped a lot of wifes and girlfriends on here to get the abuse he gets :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Oxley must be a top ****ger, he appears to have pumped a lot of wifes and girlfriends on here to get the abuse he gets :greengrin

Him and his "hipster mates"

Northernhibee
20-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Him and his "hipster mates"

I wonder if they've had a go as well :greengrin

Toldo123
20-04-2016, 11:07 PM
The second goal was very saveable, it came from a long way out so he had time to scramble across his goal. it was also at a comfortable height for a keeper to save.

First goal was a complete debacle. I don't honestly know what he was doing, he seemed to put very little effort into his jump.

I don't understand how anybody can defend the indefensible tonight.

Mikey09
20-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Just seen Barrie McKay's hit from another angle... If anyone thinks Oxley is at fault for that hitting the back of the net they certainly are on a witch hunt!!

Glorious St Pat
20-04-2016, 11:09 PM
You can tell by some posts on here tonight...some are delighted he f####d up for the 1st goal...more so than their joy at us beating Sevco. I blame stubbs for putting him in that situation tbh as he was on a hiding to nothing tonight...but some fans need to have a serious word with themselves...disgusting behaviour it really is. And they then wonder why our keeper is a bag of nerves?? I didn't see Sevco hordes booing fotheringham after his howler for our 2nd goal!!! Really felt for oxley tonight

Disagree - want and expect better from Hibs. He is becoming the weakest link and you cannot afford to play a keeper low in confidence and obvious skills in the run up to a very important season. Ask yourself one question: 'has Oxley ever saved the Hibs from a defeat?'

Has he ever saved a penalty?

Sometimes you have to do what's best for the whole team and the club and the Hipster needs dropped.

hfc rd
20-04-2016, 11:10 PM
It's like some fans want him to play really bad as if he was playing for the opposition. I'm not Oxley's biggest fan but other than their first goal he did have a decent game tonight.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 11:10 PM
The second goal was very saveable, it came from a long way out so he had time to scramble across his goal. it was also at a comfortable height for a keeper to save.

First goal was a complete debacle. I don't honestly know what he was doing, he seemed to put very little effort into his jump.

I don't understand how anybody can defend the indefensible tonight.

I don't think anyone's attempting to? Some folk are trying to point out the good things he done to bring a bit of balance and that's where the arguments are starting.

midfield_maestro
20-04-2016, 11:11 PM
The players were all over him at the end. Much the same as they were with Logan, granted, however I don't buy the idea put forward by some that he doesn't have the confidence/support of his team mates.

Of course, you would have had to have been at the game to observe this.

Toldo123
I don't think anyone's attempting to? Some folk are trying to point out the good things he done to bring a bit of balance and that's where the arguments are starting.
At the end of the day the good things are almost irrelevant when the bad things are so shockingly bad.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
Disagree - want and expect better from Hibs. He is becoming the weakest link and you cannot afford to play a keeper low in confidence and obvious skills in the run up to a very important season. Ask yourself one question: 'has Oxley ever saved the Hibs from a defeat?'

Sometimes you have to do what's best for the whole team and the club and the Hipster needs dropped.

I don't recall any - how many has he faced?

Probably the coffee that causes it.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 11:13 PM
At the end of the day the good things are almost irrelevant when the bad things are so shockingly bad.

Bad thing not things?

Toldo123
20-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Yes I believe he was at fault for both goals today.

Bishop Hibee
20-04-2016, 11:16 PM
You couldn't get an Evening News under his feet for the first goal. No chance with the second.

That said, given Logan's lack of height, his size and fitness, would he have tipped it over?

We need to get behind him if picked.

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2016, 11:16 PM
Yes I believe he was at fault for both goals today.

Having a laugh if your blaming him for 2nd goal...this really is becoming ridiculous #witch-hunt

Toldo123
20-04-2016, 11:19 PM
Having a laugh if your blaming him for 2nd goal...this really is becoming ridiculous #witch-hunt

The sky pundits blamed him for second goal too. It was about 35 yards out and he didn't move an inch for it. It went in at waist height. His reaction speed and anticipation are just not up to it.

Mikey09
20-04-2016, 11:21 PM

Has he ever faced a pen?!

Decent save from Holt at the end and then came for the corner in injury time to kill the game stone dead. Had a decent game. Must have been nervous with his OWN FANS booing him before the game even started. Time for some to grow the **** up I think.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 11:22 PM
The sky pundits blamed him for second goal too. It was about 35 yards out and he didn't move an inch for it. It went in at waist height. His reaction speed and anticipation are just not up to it.

Waist height?

The sky pundits are being hammered on the other thread for talking ***** - was this a lucid moment?

It was a cracking strike, why we feel the need to pin it on him is beyond me.

Maybe cos he drinks coffee.

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2016, 11:23 PM

It was never waist height and he dived for it so dunno where u get he didn't move an inch??? But don't let facts get in the way

Mikey09
20-04-2016, 11:29 PM

I suggest you have another look at it... More exaggerated pish.

The Harp Awakes
20-04-2016, 11:29 PM
I hate the abuse the big man is getting. Speaking from experience, a goalkeeper is a tough position to play at any level and everything you do is scrutinised.

Oxley did some decent things tonight but the 1st goal was an absolute howler. Just as bad as the goal the Rangers keeper let in IMO. Not just that, he fumbled essy to catch balls into the box and looked nervous and has been the same in many recent games.

The last thing we need in the crucial games we have ahead of us is a nervous goalkeeper. Conrad must be in goals on Saturday and keep the gloves if he continues to perform well. Confidence is a massive part of a goalkeepers game and Conrad has that in abundance.

Toldo123
20-04-2016, 11:30 PM
It was never waist height and he dived for it so dunno where u get he didn't move an inch??? But don't let facts get in the way

Accepted it was higher than waist height. I have looked at it again and yes of course he dived but if he had started to move his feet quicker and got a bit nearer it he would have had a better chance. It was struck from a long way out and sorry but no way was that unsaveable

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2016, 11:34 PM
I hate the abuse the big man is getting. Speaking from experience, a goalkeeper is a tough position to play at any level and everything you do is scrutinised.

Oxley did some decent things tonight but the 1st goal was an absolute howler. Just as bad as the goal the Rangers keeper let in IMO. Not just that, he fumbled essy to catch balls into the box and looked nervous and has been the same in many recent games.

The last thing we need in the crucial games we have ahead of us is a nervous goalkeeper. Conrad must be in goals on Saturday and keep the gloves if he continues to perform well. Confidence is a massive part of a goalkeepers game and Conrad has that in abundance.
However I wonder if Conrad does come in and drops a clanger - will he be booed and abused like poor Oxley. Everyone is basically saying Conrad is better than oxley on evidence of 1 cup match. Now I also would have started Logan 2nite as think stubbs put unnecessary pressure on Oxley however we have only seen Logan play 1 match - which to me makes the clamour for him to be better than oxley bizarre. Is it any wonder our keeper has the jitters when his own fans boo him???

poolman
20-04-2016, 11:36 PM

What crap, you just said he didn't move an inch then slated his reaction speed

What's it to be then ?

I saw him diving to his left and failed to keep out a great strike

What did you see exactly 😕

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2016, 11:40 PM

What's it to be then ?

I wonder if the Celtic fans blamed Craig Gordon for not moving fast enough for McKay s strike on Sunday too??? Its honestly unbelievable mate....poor Oxley can do nothing right in some folks eyes

marinello59
20-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Accepted it was higher than waist height. I have looked at it again and yes of course he dived but if he had started to move his feet quicker and got a bit nearer it he would have had a better chance. It was struck from a long way out and sorry but no way was that unsaveable

Rubbish.
A well struck goal, Credit to the striker, no blame for the keeper on that one.

Monts
20-04-2016, 11:45 PM
If oxley wasn't already under scrutiny there is absolutely no way he would be getting stick for the second goal. If the exact same thing happened with a different keeper, people would say 'good strike', and move on.

The first goal he was at fault. But the second is a great hit.

The_Horde
20-04-2016, 11:46 PM
First goal there's no defence.

Second goal, I thought at the time he could get there. And was disappointed at him for getting beat at the near.

Having seen it again, I think the boys hit it from behind Stevenson, blinding Oxley from reading the strike and it's just went too quickly thereafter. Great strike, not much he can do.

First is absolutely criminal though.

Toldo123
20-04-2016, 11:47 PM

What's it to be then ?

Perhaps my post was a little misleading. My feeling was he could have got across his line a bit quicker so he was nearer the ball when he made his dive. If you see the point from which he starts his dive it was relatively close to his initial starting position when the ball was struck.

20-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Let's be honest he didnt have the greatest of game.

First Rangers Goal - He'll be having nightmares about. Simple tip over the bar, he flaps and misses the ball.

Second Rangers Goal - When you see the angle from behind McKay it takes some movement in the air. Don't think the best GK's in the game would have a chance at that one.

Last minute save - probably the biggest moment in the game. Everyone questioning if we had the bottle to see out the game. He's not come and taken the ball cleanly in the air the whole game then comes up with the big take. Great save! Just gonna do it more often!!

Leithenhibby
20-04-2016, 11:49 PM

Total tosh......

What's it to be then ?

What did you see exactly 

:agree:

That was a hell of a strike and any keeper would have struggled to save it IMHO :wink:

Wee Effen Bee
20-04-2016, 11:51 PM

Agree BH. Do you receive some kind of reward if you criticise one of your own players on this forum by exaggerating/making things up? Reading some posts tonight makes me think so. Oxley was at fault for Holt's goal, we all agree, but he stopped Tavernier (dare I say with a Loganesque block?) and saved a deflected shot in the second half. He didn't have much to do but apparently we almost lost because of him! Second question: is anyone who tries to introduce some semblance of balance during debates always an - insert player's name here - "lover?" :greengrin

Peevemor
21-04-2016, 12:13 AM
Even the Hibs TV guys were criticising him for the second - that was with the benefit of replays. Cliff at his worst!

Envoyé de mon Paris en utilisant Tapatalk

joebakerforever
21-04-2016, 12:24 AM
You couldn't get an Evening News under his feet for the first goal. No chance with the second.

That said, given Logan's lack of height, his size and fitness, would he have tipped it over?

We need to get behind him if picked.

Logan is 6ft 1in (1.85m) which imo does not indicate " lack of height".

Having watched all 3 of our keepers in the warm up, Conrad was the most impressive and surprisingly agile too.

Anyway I think it is academic suggesting that Stubbs will change keeper after his public comments on the matter, and would consider giving Logan the opportunity would be a personal admission that he was wrong.

This situation reminds of the same when Mowbray persisted with Malkowski when he was error prone and costing us points.

Unseen work
21-04-2016, 01:06 AM
I think, and it's a weird thing to say about a goalkeeper but to me he looks lazy.

That attempt for the first was cringey.

The second goal I thought he could of done better, it was his side of the goal and he got a hand to it. Maybe after seeing it again I would change my mind but I doubt it.

I used to like him but now it just seems like it takes him an eternity to move or get down to low shots.

His save at the end was OK, one I would expect my keeper to make.

Hi Heid Yin
21-04-2016, 01:12 AM
Oxley showed two sides to his game tonight. The first The Rangers goal was a howler of the highest order. What was he attempting to do?
He did make a brilliant close range save towards the end of the game and then, not long after, a wonderful catch and hold from a dangerous cross.

green day
21-04-2016, 06:13 AM
Oxley showed two sides to his game tonight. The first The Rangers goal was a howler of the highest order. What was he attempting to do?
He did make a brilliant close range save towards the end of the game and then, not long after, a wonderful catch and hold from a dangerous cross.

He also made a very good point blank save in the first half.

People are blind to it.

marinello59
21-04-2016, 06:18 AM
He also made a very good point blank save in the first half.

People are blind to it.

Aye.
Especially the idiots who thought it was acceptable to boo our own keeper last night. No matter what you think of his ability denting his confidence even further during a game is utterly selfish behaviour.

JimBHibees
21-04-2016, 06:27 AM
Oxley is murder. He doesn't command his box, can't deal with crosses, isn't a great shot stopper, average distribution. Just what Stubbs sees in him I don't know. I've never once came away from a Hibs game thinking he had a good game. Logan gets one start and shows how it's done.

No way on this earth has he average distribution, probably the best keeper I have ever seen with Hibs from the ground. He can certainly tighten up on other aspects and that goal yesterday was a shocker especially given we were cruising. Also thought he should have saved the second with decent feet movement good strike that it was. Interesting one for Stubbs think he will stay loyal to him however really needs to cut out the basic ones like first goal yesterday. Great win for the boys though. :flag:

mjhibby
21-04-2016, 06:29 AM
I think he was unlucky for the first as the ball was in an awkward area. Yes he should have dealt with but having been a keeper in my younger days I can see why it happened. Stretching it a bit to say he should have saved the second. Could it also be he doesn't feel comfortable in front of our defence who gave utd so many clear cut chances that but for logans heroics we could have lost. Most people don't want him in goal but the manager picks the team and his fate depends on him making the right calls. We've won the last two huge games so I would say advantage Stubbs.

Lmc2105
21-04-2016, 06:44 AM
1 big mistake, a couple of good saves and a vital cross collected at the death.

Very true mate but that Cross at the death was caused by him when he tried to catch the ball when it was clearly going past the post.

Hibbyradge
21-04-2016, 06:50 AM
the commentators are very critical of him.

Would that be the Rangers supporting commentator who was happy to pile pressure on him, you're referring to?

The one that said that Rangers should have come to Easter Road last night and shown Hibs what they were going to get in the final?

He's the one that said Oxley dived from a standing start, a comment that so many on here have gleefully parrotted in their desperation to hound our goalkeeper.

Northernhibee
21-04-2016, 06:54 AM
Would that be the Rangers supporting commentator who was happy to pile pressure on him, you're be referring to?

The one that said that Rangers should have come to Easter Road last night and shown Hibs what they were going to get in the final?

He's the one that said Oxley dived from a standing start, a comment that so many on here have gleefully parrotted in their desperation to hound our goalkeeper.

:agree: Not an original thought in their heads.

Hibbyradge
21-04-2016, 06:56 AM

Waist height? Jeezo.

In my opinion, if Oxley had taken a step to his left, the ball would have been past him before he'd had a chance to dive at all.

It was a rocket of a shot and it swerved away from the keeper.

https://youtu.be/dKOWQ60TeoM