PDA

View Full Version : When's McGeouch back?

KWJ
20-04-2016, 04:32 PM
He'll be a huge boost for the playoffs and really there's no need to rush him back into the team.

Even just playing him in one leg and from the bench in the other.

Before his latest injury I probably didn't fully appreciate just how important he is to our midfield as we have other talented players but his absence really shows just how important he is to making our midfield tick.

He's got similar attacking traits of McGinn and Henderson, better attacking ability than Fyvie but not as reliable defensively but his most important attribute is the pace at which he attacks and links our defense to attack. Without him our midfield feels like 4 individuals, I reckon with him in there they play more like a team.

So, is he back this season?

cabbageandribs1875
20-04-2016, 04:42 PM
i think the default recovery period this season is ermm...2 weeks

:dunno:

hfc rd
20-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Hopefully back in time, fully fit and raring to go, for the play-offs and cup final.

Tom Hart RIP
20-04-2016, 05:13 PM
AS said on Hibs TV today that he hopes Dylan will be available for QotS game or if not then definetely play offs.
Farid waiting on scan but looks a grade a hamstring tear minimum 3weeks.
Hopes Fonts will be back training next week

KWJ
20-04-2016, 05:16 PM
AS said on Hibs TV today that he hopes Dylan will be available for QotS game or if not then definetely play offs.
Hopes Fonts will be back training next week

Good to hear.

oconnors_strip
20-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Just spoke to Dylan, he is really positive about being back for queen of the south. He is back running so fingers crossed for him

Dashing Bob S
20-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Just spoke to Dylan, he is really positive about being back for queen of the south. He is back running so fingers crossed for him

Funny, I just spoke to him too. He said I had a lot of nerve to say I was his friend.

Jack
20-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Not soon enough :-(

We miss him.

2belhaven
20-04-2016, 10:20 PM
He was interviewed tonite in edinburgh suite b4 ko.
said he was running again. Hoped to train with squad nxt week and targets play offs.

ClewsHibs
20-04-2016, 11:16 PM
He was out doing a good few laps of the pitch (late fitness test?) Way before the teams came out to warm up. Seemed to be running fime

3pm
23-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Heard him say to someone today he'll be back next.

Looks like QOTS rather than Dumbarton.

HibsNutter
23-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Only if he's fully recovered. No point rushing him back and him going off after 20 mins again...

Pretty Boy
23-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Looking forward to another 35 minute cameo before the next 5 week lay off.

Seriously no point rushing him. He's been in and out the team so much we are as well waiting until whatever issue is bothering him this time is healed rather than trying to rush him just for him to break down again.

Giro Playboy
23-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Its about time he was released to go and be injured for someone else

Boyle89
23-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Its about time he was released to go and be injured for someone else

Yes thats it release arguably our best player! I seriously hope you're joking with this! Dylan is slightly better than Tim Clancy and co that warmed the treatment table recently don't you think?

Pete
23-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Yes thats it release arguably our best player! I seriously hope you're joking with this! Dylan is slightly better than Tim Clancy and co that warmed the treatment table recently don't you think?

I think it's Farid he's talking about

McD
23-04-2016, 10:26 PM

Think he meant Farid....that's who was referenced in the post he replied to anyway :dunno:

jacomo
23-04-2016, 10:50 PM
Think he meant Farid....that's who was referenced in the post he replied to anyway :dunno:

Releasing Farid now is silly talk. His contract is up at the end of the season.

But sounds as if we might not see him play for Hibs again. A real shame.

monktonharp
24-04-2016, 12:40 AM
Releasing Farid now is silly talk. His contract is up at the end of the season.

But sounds as if we might not see him play for Hibs again. A real shame.:confused:how's that silly/ he played for 20 mins,did nowt then walked off at the semi-final. did not see any benefit from that in any way. most on here knew he was done, weeks before. I'd be astounded if he puts a Hibs strip on again. punt him, and before anyone says he's been a good servant,professional blah blah I can only see one beneficiary in his signing.

Ronniekirk
24-04-2016, 08:31 AM
:confused:how's that silly/ he played for 20 mins,did nowt then walked off at the semi-final. did not see any benefit from that in any way. most on here knew he was done, weeks before. I'd be astounded if he puts a Hibs strip on again. punt him, and before anyone says he's been a good servant,professional blah blah I can only see one beneficiary in his signing.

Stubbs has said he could yet have a bit part to play So if he can recover from current injury expect another 20 minute cameo appearance where he scores just like he did against st Mirren green grin

marinello59
24-04-2016, 08:35 AM
Funny, I just spoke to him too. He said I had a lot of nerve to say I was his friend.

I didn't speak to him, I just stood there grinning.

Northernhibee
24-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Keep him fresh, rest McGinn, Jase etc and it'll be a huge boost in the play offs to have them fresh and good to go.

Lewisman
24-04-2016, 09:25 AM
I didn't speak to him, I just stood there grinning.
Good stuff. Made me smile.

Edson Arantes
24-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Good stuff. Made me smile.

Why did that make you smile?

Edson Arantes
24-04-2016, 09:38 PM

Tee hee.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2016, 11:04 AM
He was in the terracing with the fans at Morton on Saturday, seemed to be moving about ok.

SJM
25-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Back in full training this week I hear. Back at the weekend.

lucky
25-04-2016, 11:13 AM
He'll be back for the play offs

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Looking forward to another 35 minute cameo before the next 5 week lay off.

Seriously no point rushing him. He's been in and out the team so much we are as well waiting until whatever issue is bothering him this time is healed rather than trying to rush him just for him to break down again.

Hope we bring him back in the last 20, 30 mins when the sting is out of games initially to confirm he's ok. Would be more influential as well.

jacomo
25-04-2016, 07:15 PM
:confused:how's that silly/ he played for 20 mins,did nowt then walked off at the semi-final. did not see any benefit from that in any way. most on here knew he was done, weeks before. I'd be astounded if he puts a Hibs strip on again. punt him, and before anyone says he's been a good servant,professional blah blah I can only see one beneficiary in his signing.

It's silly because you'd probably have to pay up the remainder of his contract now, saving the club precisely zero.

He's got a contract with the club. We can't just punt him because you say so!

superfurryhibby
25-04-2016, 07:59 PM

Aye, he had the torn ligaments at the Alloa game all mapped out in advance right enough.

Deary ****ing me!

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2016, 08:40 PM
:confused:how's that silly/ he played for 20 mins,did nowt then walked off at the semi-final. did not see any benefit from that in any way. most on here knew he was done, weeks before. I'd be astounded if he puts a Hibs strip on again. punt him, and before anyone says he's been a good servant,professional blah blah I can only see one beneficiary in his signing.You think the guy wanted to miss 2 years of his career?