PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final in Cape Town

BonnieFitbaTeam
20-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Since I'm going to be in SA on 21st May can anyone recommend somewhere in Cape Town for watching the game ?

I'm hoping that Hibs' latest way of screwing me over will be to win the Cup when I can't be there. What a mix of emotions that will be

Walter
20-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Since I'm going to be in SA on 21st May can anyone recommend somewhere in Cape Town for watching the game ?

I'm hoping that Hibs' latest way of screwing me over will be to win the Cup when I can't be there. What a mix of emotions that will be

Try Ferrymans at the waterfront

LaMotta
20-04-2016, 05:28 PM

Get yerself up the top of table mountain and pray for us!!

BonnieFitbaTeam
21-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Thanks Walter, I'll look into that.

VP, I might just do that 'cos I'm prepared to try almost anything http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/a%20pray%20smiley.gif

LaMotta
21-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Thanks Walter, I'll look into that.

VP, I might just do that 'cos I'm prepared to try almost anything http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/a%20pray%20smiley.gif

Jealous you're going, spent 6 weeks in SA a while back with a week in Cape Town - it was amazing http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Lucius Apuleius
21-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Try Ferrymans at the waterfront

That the Irish bar? They used to show scottish football but not been there for about 15 years. Cheap drink!

southern hibby
21-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Was there about 7 years ago and still playing all football also further along you had the sports bar ( forget it's name) but each table had TV in it you could watch any channel you wanted as they would put it on for you.

Burger, pint football and babes serving a fat man's heaven.

Also if your into shots. Ask for Springboks. Mixture of ( my best guess) a menthol of some sort chocolate and an amazing memory loss. May wake up in morning severely skull knackered drink some water and feel blotters again 2 days drunk for the price of one.

GGTTH

Flanny boy
21-04-2016, 05:49 PM
I am going to be in Bali (kuta) when cup final is on anyone know where I could see the game over there thanks in advance.ggtth

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2016, 06:00 PM
I am going to be in Bali (kuta) when cup final is on anyone know where I could see the game over there thanks in advance.ggtth

The sooner you get back on the drink Paul, the sooner you wont be able to afford these exotic holidays. :wink:

brog
21-04-2016, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Walter;4655104]Try Ferrymans at the waterfront[/QUOT

The pub next to Ferrymans was Mitchell's Scottish Ale house. Good pub & IIRC, from about 8 years ago, used to show football. Similarly with Quay 4 right on the water. Remember though English Cup Final is on at same time so the Sports Bar may be your best bet. Good luck, I'm jealous!

Moulin Yarns
21-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Can we clear this up. The cup final is in Glasgow not Cape town.

Flanny boy
22-04-2016, 06:00 AM
The sooner you get back on the drink Paul, the sooner you wont be able to afford these exotic holidays. :wink:
Lol.i know G I am gutted I won't be there pal but as I haven't been to a lot of games recently maybe I wouldn't deserve a ticket anyway :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2016, 06:02 AM
Lol.i know G I am gutted I won't be there pal but as I haven't been to a lot of games recently maybe I wouldn't deserve a ticket anyway :greengrin

:greengrin Have a great time Paul, hope you get to see it and the result sets you off on a bender. :hibees

:wink:

Flanny boy
22-04-2016, 06:08 AM
:greengrin Have a great time Paul, hope you get to see it and the result sets you off on a bender. :hibees

:wink:
Aye and just when I would be due to start drying oot we would go and win it again next year (that's hibs for you eh):wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2016, 06:12 AM
Aye and just when I would be due to start drying oot we would go and win it again next year (that's hibs for you eh):wink:

:greengrin That made me laugh out loud Paul, good job i'm on my own or folk would think i'm mad? :wink:

Flanny boy
22-04-2016, 08:09 AM
:greengrin That made me laugh out loud Paul, good job i'm on my own or folk would think i'm mad? :wink:

Lol.good man.just hope we do the business pal fingers crossed eh.ggtth

Walter
22-04-2016, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=Walter;4655104]Try Ferrymans at the waterfront[/QUOT

The pub next to Ferrymans was Mitchell's Scottish Ale house. Good pub & IIRC, from about 8 years ago, used to show football. Similarly with Quay 4 right on the water. Remember though English Cup Final is on at same time so the Sports Bar may be your best bet. Good luck, I'm jealous!

I haven't been to Mitchell's but I think it's still there so there's plenty of options just give yourself time to be on the safe side! Wish I was watching it there with a Castle Draught Or 10

Wull
22-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Hi BFT,
I was in Mitchells 2 weeks ago, good pub the problem will be the English game at same time. But as somebody said earlier the sports bar upstairs in main building will be better bet.
Are you sticking to CT as I live along the garden route if your up that way you can give me an email and we can have a braai. :flag:

Cheers

jgl07
23-04-2016, 01:04 AM
Hi BFT,
I was in Mitchells 2 weeks ago, good pub the problem will be the English game at same time. But as somebody said earlier the sports bar upstairs in main building will be better bet.

We were in Cape Town a year ago and went for a drink in Mitchells. We stayed at the Vineyard in Newlands:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x411/JGL07/image_zpsivpu5usu.jpeg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/JGL07/media/image_zpsivpu5usu.jpeg.html)

English football seemed to be all pervasive along with South African Rugby Union and Cricket

Hopefully Hibs v The Rangers will be a bigger draw than Everton v Watford?