PDA

View Full Version : Team for today

Humo
20-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Personally I think we should go for the 3-5-2 again. We need to finish second to give us a good chance of promotion and the Final. 2 less games will help our chances in both. So I'd go for

GK: Logan

CB: Gunnerson, McGregor, Hanlon

WB: Gray, Stevenson

CM: Henderson, Bartley, Mcginn

ST: Stokes, Cummings

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Well we already know it Oxley in goal so that won't be the team mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
20-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Just my personal opinion, but don't understand people constantly picking Stokes . Don't get me wrong, when he is interested he is - by far - our best striker, of that there is no doubt, however.....key phrase - "When he is interested", which, on evidence shown so far, isn't very often. In fact, I would go as far as to say he is an empty jersey. If he isn't giving 100% for the cause, get rid, okay, anyone we replace him with will not be as naturally gifted, however, they would , at least, try a leg.

Alfred E Newman
20-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Relying on Stevenson and Gray as wing backs is a major flaw.

chasitup
20-04-2016, 10:19 AM
I'd like to see Boyle on from the start playing wide right. It probably won't happen though.

Diclonius
20-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Logan

Gray McGregor Hanlon Gunarsson Stevenson

Bartley

McGinn Henderson

Stokes Cummings

5-3-2 is the way, tempted to drop one of the front pair for Boyle/Fyvie but Cummings always plays well against them and Stokes hates them so should do well. Logan will not play but I'm not picking anyone but him. :rolleyes:

Fergus52
20-04-2016, 10:23 AM
I like the team in the OP but I'd probably play Fyvvie.

Every game he's played against Rangers he's been right up for it; determined, putting in big tackles and getting in their faces.

Need that aggression and players who will stand up to them if we are to win.

Brightside
20-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Oxley

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Henderson Bartley Fyvie McGinn

Stokes Keatings

Lago
20-04-2016, 10:51 AM
Just my personal opinion, but don't understand people constantly picking Stokes . Don't get me wrong, when he is interested he is - by far - our best striker, of that there is no doubt, however.....key phrase - "When he is interested", which, on evidence shown so far, isn't very often. In fact, I would go as far as to say he is an empty jersey. If he isn't giving 100% for the cause, get rid, okay, anyone we replace him with will not be as naturally gifted, however, they would , at least, try a leg.
Couldn't disagree more with you re Stokes.

JimBHibees
20-04-2016, 10:59 AM
I like the team in the OP but I'd probably play Fyvvie.

Every game he's played against Rangers he's been right up for it; determined, putting in big tackles and getting in their faces.

Need that aggression and players who will stand up to them if we are to win.

Will be interesting to see if any hangover from the Halliday/Fyvie incident in the last game, wouldnt rule it out.

ALF TUPPER
20-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Oxley

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Henderson Bartley Fyvie McGinn

Stokes Keatings

I think that'll be it. Except it will be Cummings for Keatings probs 👍

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Couldn't disagree more with you re Stokes.

Same. I think he has looked much better recently and our best strike option.

muzzando
20-04-2016, 11:07 AM

I disagree with you here but surely you must agree that tonight against the rangers Stokes will certainly be "interested"

HappyHanlon
20-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Oxley :rolleyes:

Gray, DmG Hanlon Lewis

Henderson Fyvie Barts McGinn

JC Stokes

Mathias Jack
20-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Anybody know who the ref is tonight? Had a look on the SFA ref appointments, but our game isn't listed, there's only SPFL Development League matches.

Hoping it's not Craig Thomson or that utter bombscare from last week, Crawford Allan.

Franck Stanton
20-04-2016, 11:44 AM
I disagree with you here but surely you must agree that tonight against the rangers Stokes will certainly be "interested"

All about opinions mate and yours is just as valid as mine, as for him being "Interested" tonight, well I would hope so, if he isn't for this game then he never will be.

muzzando
20-04-2016, 11:54 AM
All about opinions mate and yours is just as valid as mine, as for him being "Interested" tonight, well I would hope so, if he isn't for this game then he never will be.

Agreed, think that their lot jeering him etc will drive him on though, hopefully anyway

Smartie
20-04-2016, 12:28 PM

I'm also in the "couldn't disagree more" camp.

I don't think anyone could deny that this move hasn't really worked out the way we'd hoped but it not for the lack of effort on Stokes' part.

Lack of service, poor fitness/ match fitness levels upon arrival, poor deliveries from wide, diamonds, failing to strike up much of a relationship with Jason, too much hoofball, being played out of position - all fair reasons why it might not have worked out. But it is absolutely 100% not down to a lack of effort from Stokes.

There's still something deep down that makes me think he will make a very significant contribution for us at some point, whether that is in the play-offs or the cup final…….

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-04-2016, 12:36 PM

I see this said a lot. I couldn't disagree more.

Stokes is easily our best attacker, and i have not seen anything to suggest he doesn't try a leg. Sure he doesn't thunder into tackles, but that's not his job.

Empty jersey is a ridiculous comment.

Personally, i think a lot of our attacking problems stem from the Cummings Conundrum, and have done all last season and this. He has knack of scoring goals (although i wouldn't call him prolific because he misses too many) - so he is our best goal threat, but paradoxically so much of our attacking play is hindered by him slowing it up (taking umpteen touches to try and work a shot before even considering passing) or by just lacking in some of the basics (a right foot, a reliable first touch, inability to get close to winning a header etc) - he is both our main goal threat, and the biggest cause of our attacks breaking down. Like i said, a conundrum.

Stokes has been good, occasionally brilliant and very seldom poor.

calumhibee1
20-04-2016, 12:36 PM
Logan (although it will be Oxley)

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Fyvie
Bartley
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

I'd give McGinn a rest. He's clearly knackered, and if he was still turning in a performance while knackered I'd keep him in but he's not offered any more than other players could currently. We need him back and raring to go ASAP as he's been off the boil for a few weeks now.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Logan

Gray
Hanlon
McGreggor
Stevenson

Boyle
Bartley
Fyvie
Henderson

Stokes
Cummings

Smartie
20-04-2016, 12:44 PM

Stokes is easily our best attacker, and i have not seen anything to suggest he doesn't try a leg. Sure he doesn't thunder into tackles, but that's not his job.

Personally, i think a lot of our attacking problems stem from the Cummings Conundrum, and have done all last season and this. He has knack of scoring goals (although i wouldn't call him prolific because he misses too many) - so he is our best goal threat, but paradoxically so much of our attacking play is hindered by him slowing it up (taking umpteen touches to try and work a shot before even considering passing) or by just lacking in some of the basics (a right foot, a reliable first touch, inability to get close to winning a header etc) - he is both our main goal threat, and the biggest cause of our attacks breaking down. Like i said, a conundrum.

Interesting you say this - I've been coming round to the same conclusion. He's the ever present throughout a lot of our performances when we've struggled to break teams down and score.

I don't want to bash the lad - you can't argue with his scoring record (especially in the big games), he's improving all the time and I love his attitude.

But he does miss a lot of chances and he doesn't offer as much as other players in parts of the field other than the final third (unlike for example Farid who wins headers, Malonga who is better taking the ball in to feet etc).

Jason has been the ever-present throughout our good and poor form though and I have pondered exactly this conundrum.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Logan (although it will be Oxley)

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Fyvie
Bartley
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

I'd give McGinn a rest. He's clearly knackered, and if he was still turning in a performance while knackered I'd keep him in but he's not offered any more than other players could currently. We need him back and raring to go ASAP as he's been off the boil for a few weeks now.

Just noticed after I posted that I'd picked exactly the same team as you. Same thinking re McGinn, we need him back on top form and if that means resting him so be it.

Dashing Bob S
20-04-2016, 12:59 PM

Agreed. Stokes is like a cobra, waiting to strike Johnny Hun in the gnads.

jodjam
20-04-2016, 01:26 PM
If Stubbs goes with Stokes / Cummings then it will only work properly when our midfield regularly make runs past the forwards. They have stopped doing this leading to our bad run.

The Sundance Kid
20-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Logan

Gunnarsson
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Henderson
Bartley
McGinn
Stevenson

Stokes
Cummings

Granto1875
20-04-2016, 03:28 PM
Logan

Gray Hanlon McGregor Stevenson

Boyle Bartley McGinn Henderson

Cummings Stokes

RoxburghHibs
20-04-2016, 03:47 PM
This is my team for TONIGHT'S game - I hope it wasn't today as I will have missed it ;o)

Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Fyvie
Bartley
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

Allant1981
20-04-2016, 04:04 PM

Sorry but stokes offers loads to this team, his link up play is good, he more often than not beats his man, has scored a few goals, not sure what more you want from him

Diclonius
20-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Sorry but stokes offers loads to this team, his link up play is good, he more often than not beats his man, has scored a few goals, not sure what more you want from him

Aye Stokes has come onto a game in the last few weeks.

hfc rd
20-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Logan (even though it's going to be Oxley)

Gunnarson
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Fyvie
Bartley
Henderson
Stevenson

Stokes
Cummings

Waxy
20-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Logan

Logan
Logan
Logan

Logan
Logan
Logan
Logan
Logan

Logan
Cummings

Ronniekirk
20-04-2016, 05:37 PM

He will no question but he needs to keep the head and do his talking on the pitch by scoring and contributing to a win
They will wynd him up and we really don't need someone getting sent off and players needlessly booked and missing crucial play off games

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 06:40 PM
still can't f***ing believe oxley is back in

Andy74
20-04-2016, 06:44 PM
still can't f***ing believe oxley is back in

A bit dramatic. Not really a major shock that the number one for two years gets back in after missing one game. A game Hibs feel he shouldn't have been out for.

cabbageandribs1875
20-04-2016, 06:51 PM
cummings :thumbsup:

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 07:28 PM
that was poor however the booing is a ****ing disgrace!!!