PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Class??

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Can someone please explain what exactly Hibs class is? it's seems to be overused. I remember when the hibs foundation/sunshine on leith for example donated tickets to kids who due to individual circumstances weren't able to make games.. which was great! .. this was classed as "Hibs Class" i found it ironic considering the overpricing of match day tickets and season tickets in the first place... my question is when you use the term "Hibs class" are you relating to the supporters or the club?

FranckSuzy
20-04-2016, 07:36 AM
Can someone please explain what exactly Hibs class is? it's seems to be overused. I remember when the hibs foundation/sunshine on leith for example donated tickets to kids who due to individual circumstances weren't able to make games.. which was great! .. this was classed as "Hibs Class" i found it ironic considering the overpricing of match day tickets and season tickets in the first place... my question is when you use the term "Hibs class" are you relating to the supporters or the club?

Sure :aok: It's not robbing charities, paying your bills, not employing sex offenders or bumping your own charity - the list is quite extensive.

hibbypostie
20-04-2016, 07:42 AM
Sure :aok: It's not robbing charities, paying your bills, not employing sex offenders or bumping your own charity - the list is quite extensive.

:agree:

Jim44
20-04-2016, 07:45 AM

If Eddie Turnbull were here today, he could have told you.

hibbypostie
20-04-2016, 07:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmy-4QC0U0g

Jim44
20-04-2016, 07:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmy-4QC0U0g

It did cross my mind too but It's too early in the day for a bunfight.:greengrin

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 07:51 AM
So we compare HIbs class to there inexcusable reprehensible actions?

FranckSuzy
20-04-2016, 07:56 AM

It would be contrast, not compare, as nothing Hibs could ever do would be similar to what the cheating, underhand, disgusting, repugnant excuse of a self-proclaimed 'big' team got up to.

7 Hills
20-04-2016, 07:56 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160420/1cb307a76f6a9910bb78927f0cb738e5.jpg

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 08:01 AM
It would be contrast, not compare, as nothing Hibs could ever do would be similar to what the cheating, underhand, disgusting, repugnant excuse of a self-proclaimed 'big' team got up to.

of course its a contrast I am still wondering however when people use the term Hibs class do they actually mean it and what does it mean to them? I have personally never used the term as i think it has became banal.

flash
20-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Another thread setting Hibs in a negative light on the day of a big game.

It's relentless.

FranckSuzy
20-04-2016, 08:19 AM
of course its a contrast I am still wondering however when people use the term Hibs class do they actually mean it and what does it mean to them? I have personally never used the term as i think it has became banal.

What is banal is when lots of new posters register on here and start trying to be 'controversial'. Anyway, I'm out of this one as I have a banner to pay for and a plane to hire :bye:

JimBHibees
20-04-2016, 08:19 AM

It's relentless.

Yep like lifting a stone in your garden and seeing all the little beasties cowering for cover. :greengrin

Thecat23
20-04-2016, 08:20 AM
If I tell you what Hibs class means, can you tell me why Hearts call themselves "The Famous" what are they actually famous for???

JimBHibees
20-04-2016, 08:22 AM
What is banal is when lots of new posters register on here and start trying to be 'controversial'. Anyway, I'm out of this one as I have a banner to pay for and a plane to hire :bye:

Agree hugely suspicious when new posters sign in and within minutes are disparaging of each and everything about the club. The dates Feb and Mar 16 not long after beating a certain team in the cup also raise suspicions IMO, probably unfair however matching the 2 is probably a sure sign.

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Agree hugely suspicious when new posters sign in and within minutes are disparaging of each and everything about the club. The dates Feb and Mar 16 not long after beating a certain team in the cup also raise suspicions IMO, probably unfair however matching the 2 is probably a sure sign.

no wonder this place is deemed as cliquish, its the same people who post a lot of crap 24/7 this place is reputable for being negative. I was asking what hibs class was it seems to originate from the forum? What the hell is negative about asking what hibs class means?

CropleyWasGod
20-04-2016, 08:31 AM
no wonder this place is deemed as cliquish, its the same people who post a lot of crap 24/7 this place is reputable for being negative. I was asking what hibs class was it seems to originate from the forum? What the hell is negative about asking what hibs class means?

...see the quote from ET.

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Do you want me to post a big grinning picture of my self with my season ticket in order to verify that i am a hibs supporter?

Since90+2
20-04-2016, 08:33 AM

You do know the quote from Eddie Turnbull is pre this messageboard aye?

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 08:34 AM
...see the quote from ET.

I know that however the only time i see the term it's on this..

Since90+2
20-04-2016, 08:35 AM
I know that however the only time i see the term it's on this..

You asked where it originated from. That's your answer.

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 08:37 AM
You do know the quote from Eddie Turnbull is pre this messageboard aye?

I am asking what it means to supporters when they say it.. its only ever used on this forum

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 08:41 AM

It's relentless.

How petty

Moulin Yarns
20-04-2016, 08:42 AM

I'm the urban spaceman baby, I've got class, Hibees ya bass :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
20-04-2016, 08:45 AM
It's a quote from Eddie Turnbull that people on here now use as a comfort blanket to excuse our chronic failure as a football club.

For example, "Oh we got relegated? That's fine, I won't complain because that's not Hibs class" or "Mark Oxley made another howler? Well I shall continue to pretend he's good because I'm Hibs class"

Steve20
20-04-2016, 08:52 AM

It's relentless.

Yeah, I'm sure it's going to cause a poor performance from the players because someone has an opinion on a fans forum.

oneone73
20-04-2016, 08:56 AM
I'm the urban spaceman baby, I've got class, Hibees ya bass :greengrin

Not heard that for years! Thanks for the memory!

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 09:03 AM
It's a quote from Eddie Turnbull that people on here now use as a comfort blanket to excuse our chronic failure as a football club.

For example, "Oh we got relegated? That's fine, I won't complain because that's not Hibs class" or "Mark Oxley made another howler? Well I shall continue to pretend he's good because I'm Hibs class"

Without setting a cat among the pigeons this was the impression I got.. however as i am new to this forum I didn't want to express that as I would be hounded out as a suspected yam.

HappyHanlon
20-04-2016, 09:19 AM

Deary me, you could do with getting some Hibs class instilled.

Jim44
20-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Without setting a cat among the pigeons this was the impression I got.. however as i am new to this forum I didn't want to express that as I would be hounded out as a suspected yam.

Well, you've gone about not setting the cat among the pigeons in a very strange way and you're fine now as you've found an ally, albeit a dubious one, to support your mischief making query.

Thecat23
20-04-2016, 09:34 AM

What's just as tiring is the constant posts having a go at the club or the players. Yeah we get it, it's crap being in this ****ing league and hopefully we are out out come May. But the constant "Hibs are *****" or "Oxley is *****" isn't exactly helping matters is it? No one is sticking their head in the sand we all know improvements need to be made is certain areas of the team.

Another is the constant need to go over every goal like we're co presenting MOTD and tell us where he should be and how that could be stopped. It's a game of football mistakes happen. If they didn't what a ***** game it would be.

So just so everyone knows.. We get it, you do not have to post it on nearly all threads (not saying just you) but it's the same folk all the time and they very rare post positive stuff.

Rant over, and I fully expect a backlash from the Ox, Lewis, and Stubbs haters etc.

My_Wife_Camille
20-04-2016, 09:45 AM
What's just as tiring is the constant posts having a go at the club or the players. Yeah we get it, it's crap being in this ****ing league and hopefully we are out out come May. But the constant "Hibs are *****" or "Oxley is *****" isn't exactly helping matters is it? No one is sticking their head in the sand we all know improvements need to be made is certain areas of the team.

Another is the constant need to go over every goal like we're co presenting MOTD and tell us where he should be and how that could be stopped. It's a game of football mistakes happen. If they didn't what a ***** game it would be.

So just so everyone knows.. We get it, you do not have to post it on nearly all threads (not saying just you) but it's the same folk all the time and they very rare post positive stuff.

Rant over, and I fully expect a backlash from the Ox, Lewis, and Stubbs haters etc.
You'll not hear a bad word about Lewis from me TC

Jim44
20-04-2016, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=Thecat23;4654811]What's just as tiring is the constant posts having a go at the club or the players. Yeah we get it, it's crap being in this ****ing league and hopefully we are out out come May. But the constant "Hibs are *****" or "Oxley is *****" isn't exactly helping matters is it? No one is sticking their head in the sand we all know improvements need to be made is certain areas of the team.

Rant over, and I fully expect a backlash from the Ox, Lewis, and Stubbs haters etc.[/QUOTE

I agree with your sentiments entirely, but your last statement is kind of inviting the perpetuation of the OP's original motives. I hope this twaddle peters out with the disdain it deserves.

Thecat23
20-04-2016, 09:51 AM
You'll not hear a bad word about Lewis from me TC

👍🏼👍🏼

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 09:53 AM
Baffling that asking what hibs class means to people when saying it.. has turned out to be thread for people to brandish me as a doom merchant.. I respect you all have different opinions regarding hibs and a lot of them seem to be positive .. but you should take less offence to those who are not happy or perhaps disgruntled with where the club are at this moment. I am happy for the admins to delete this thread if it promotes negativity as some see it.

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Well, you've gone about not setting the cat among the pigeons in a very strange way and you're fine now as you've found an ally, albeit a dubious one, to support your mischief making query.
nonsence

Thecat23
20-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Baffling that asking what hibs class means to people when saying it.. has turned out to be thread for people to brandish me as a doom merchant.. I respect you all have different opinions regarding hibs and a lot of them seem to be positive .. but you should take less offence to those who are not happy or perhaps disgruntled with where the club at this moment. I am happy for the admins to delete this thread if it promotes negativity as some see it.

No one is currently happy at the league we are in yet some seem to think because we still back the team this means we don't see failings in the squad.

We've reached 2 cup finals this year and are a championship club which makes it more remarkable so we are certainly doing something right!

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 10:02 AM
No one is currently happy at the league we are in yet some seem to think because we still back the team this means we don't see failings in the squad.

We've reached 2 cup finals this year and are a championship club which makes it more remarkable so we are certainly doing something right!

We aren't a championship club... we are a premiership club stuck in the championship due to failings, All be it if we win the Scottish cup i can accept our failings in the league.

Thecat23
20-04-2016, 10:05 AM
We aren't a championship club... we are a premiership club stuck in the championship due to failings, All be it if we win the Scottish cup i can accept our failings in the league.

Sadly we are a championship club. I see what you are saying but Hibs being in this league is from years of mis management and poor decisions. Until we are back, then we belong exactly where we are!

But I feel we are good enough to go up and then we'll be more than capable of competing in then top flight.

Betty Boop
20-04-2016, 10:07 AM

There is nothing negative re your question often wondered whst it meant myself. Welcome to the board I'm mot in the clique. 

Thecat23
20-04-2016, 10:51 AM
There is nothing negative re your question often wondered whst it meant myself. Welcome to the board I'm mot in the clique. 

We have a clique? Who's in it!! 😁

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 10:55 AM
We have a clique? Who's in it!! 

Can I ask what the purpose of being a private member is?

Jim44
20-04-2016, 10:59 AM

It tells you somewhere on the messageboard but one of the important things is that the subscriptions helps finance the administration of the board.

Moulin Yarns
20-04-2016, 11:17 AM

It tells you somewhere on the messageboard but one of the important things is that the subscriptions helps finance the administration of the board.

You also get to dress in an apron, with your trouser leg rolled up and do funny handshakes :wink: At least that's why I joined :greengrin

GreenLake
20-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Lac o a pun

SteveHFC
20-04-2016, 11:53 AM

You get to ban anyone you want :greengrin:agree:

killie-hibby
20-04-2016, 12:02 PM

Arnold Kemp, a Hibby and former editor of the Glasgow Herald when it was a great newspaper, described Hibs supporters as being derived from the intellectual and bohemian side of Scotland. Hope this helps you in your quest to discover the origins of Hibs Class.

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=killie-hibby;4654942]Arnold Kemp, a Hibby and former editor of the Glasgow Herald when it was a great newspaper, described Hibs supporters as being derived from the intellectual and bohemian side of Scotland. Hope this helps you in your quest to discover the origins

so it's a way of describing the supporters not the club?

CropleyWasGod
20-04-2016, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=killie-hibby;4654942]Arnold Kemp, a Hibby and former editor of the Glasgow Herald when it was a great newspaper, described Hibs supporters as being derived from the intellectual and bohemian side of Scotland. Hope this helps you in your quest to discover the origins

Not sure why you would want to differentiate the two. In most people's eyes, the club is the support.

GreenLake
20-04-2016, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=pacoluna;4654947]

Not sure why you would want to differentiate the two. In most people's eyes, the club is the support.

I thought you meant intellectual and bohemian until I read on.

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=pacoluna;4654947]

If only it was, maybe in Germany its regarded as that but not in Scotland and certainly not hibs.

Moulin Yarns
20-04-2016, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;4654948]

If only it was, maybe in Germany its regarded as that but not in Scotland and certainly not hibs.

without the support, the club would, in all probability cease to exist. ergo, the club is the supporters, and the supporters are the club.

The entity that resides at Easter Road stadium is the business end of the club.

all IMHO of course. :wink: I'm sure an accountant will be along to correct me if I'm wrong :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
20-04-2016, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;4654948]

Really?

Just a few weeks ago, Sir Pat said that the club belonged to the support.

Just a few weeks before that, in the promo for ST sales, LD said something akin to "the club is the fans".

We're straying into the definition of a club here...... :rolleyes:

Thecat23
20-04-2016, 12:51 PM

It helps with the running of the board by paying £10 for the year. Plus we all sit round a huge table to debate who should be punted next 😁

Leithenhibby
20-04-2016, 12:52 PM

:greengrin :top marks

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=pacoluna;4654966]

Really?

Just a few weeks ago, Sir Pat said that the club belonged to the support.

Just a few weeks before that, in the promo for ST sales, LD said something akin to "the club is the fans".

We're straying into the definition of a club here...... :rolleyes:

The club is the fans lets charge them a ridiculous amount to come and watch the games through selling season tickets at the same price as they were when in the spl ( even then it is too expensive). Wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped the cup top up this year based on the fact they lost income on it this year. I love hibs but i despise the amount of hard earned cash it costs to watch championship football. ps i appreciate this has probably been discussed on some other thread at some point

dangermouse
20-04-2016, 01:30 PM
You also get to dress in an apron, with your trouser leg rolled up and do funny handshakes :wink: At least that's why I joined :greengrin

It was Uncle James' induction method that tempted me aboard. Whatever happened to him anyway?

hibbysam
20-04-2016, 01:41 PM
The club is the fans lets charge them a ridiculous amount to come and watch the games through selling season tickets at the same price as they were when in the spl ( even then it is too expensive). Wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped the cup top up this year based on the fact they lost income on it this year. I love hibs but i despise the amount of hard earned cash it costs to watch championship football. ps i appreciate this has probably been discussed on some other thread at some point

That's certainly done it for me... 'Wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped the cup top up this year based on the fact they lost income on it this year'

This was announced weeks if not months ago. You know our prices are frozen however don't know there won't be a cup top up and are just sitting hitting out at both the fans and the club in one thread! Fishing gone seriously wrong, more effort needed.

Kato
20-04-2016, 01:50 PM
If Eddie Turnbull were here today, he could have told you.

...amongst other things.......

Kato
20-04-2016, 01:50 PM
nonsence

>nonsense<

Kato
20-04-2016, 01:51 PM

>their<

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 02:00 PM
That's certainly done it for me... 'Wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped the cup top up this year based on the fact they lost income on it this year'

This was announced weeks if not months ago. You know our prices are frozen however don't know there won't be a cup top up and are just sitting hitting out at both the fans and the club in one thread! Fishing gone seriously wrong, more effort needed.

Whats done it for you?? I know we have got rid of of the cup top up this year its on the season ticket renewal letter i received. Are you infatuated with the yams or something you cant be disgruntled or your a hearts fan is that what your saying..

your the kind that irritate me. nobody is rite or even a hibs fan unless you are overly optimistic about the club.

Is there some sort of verification process.

Moulin Yarns
20-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Whats done it for you?? I know we have got rid of of the cup top up this year its on the season ticket renewal letter i received. Are you infatuated with the yams or something you cant be disgruntled or your a hearts fan is that what your saying..

You know about the cup top-up being scrapped, but you still came out with this drivel!!!? :rolleyes: Season tickets? what is it now, 3 seasons at the same price?

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 02:13 PM
You know about the cup top-up being scrapped, but you still came out with this drivel!!!? :rolleyes: Season tickets? what is it now, 3 seasons at the same price?

Based on the fact we lost income on it this year .. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason they dropped it.. At no point does that suggest that i wasn't aware that it was happening.

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Cup top up was dropped due to the new format

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Not heard that for years! Thanks for the memory!

Slade.

Moulin Yarns
20-04-2016, 02:23 PM

straight from the Official website

Due to changes in the format of the Scottish League Cup, the Cup Top Up option will not be available in season 16/17. We are going to take a ‘time out’ to reassess and review how cup matches are integrated with the season ticket in 17/18. In the meantime all season ticket holders will enjoy a 10% discount for all home cup matches.

Moulin Yarns
20-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Slade.

Bonzos!

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 02:24 PM

They could have easily kept the cup top up with this included.

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Bonzos!

Thanks for the memory's was definitely Slade. :wink:

Moulin Yarns
20-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the memory's was definitely Slade. :wink:

:rolleyes: Got me

killie-hibby
20-04-2016, 02:34 PM

Yes,AK was describing the supporters.It may have been his assumption that supporters and club are the same unit.Your response to me and other posters seems argumentative and confrontational,rather than being grateful that some of us are trying to assist you in finding an answer to "what is Hibs class"
I hope you discover an answer. Personally "Hibs class" is a description I have never ever given much thought. I don't care what it means,therefore I won't waste any more time on this thread.

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=pacoluna;4654947]

Yes,AK was describing the supporters.It may have been his assumption that supporters and club are the same unit.Your response to me and other posters seems argumentative and confrontational,rather than being grateful that some of us are trying to assist you in finding an answer to "what is Hibs class"
I hope you discover an answer. Personally "Hibs class" is a description I have never ever given much thought. I don't care what it means,therefore I won't waste any more time on this thread.

I wasn't intending to be argumentative, Those who assumed I was a yam because i simply asked the question were

oldbutdim
20-04-2016, 02:58 PM
:rolleyes: Got me

Kinks.

Moulin Yarns
20-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Kinks.

ARRRGH!!!!:greengrin

emerald green
20-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Bonzos!

Bonzo Dog Doo Da Band was it not?