PDA

View Full Version : Guard of Honour?

HibeeMackenzie
19-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Anyone know if we are playing up to media and giving the Rangers a guard of honour tomorrow night?

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Anyone know if we are playing up to media and giving the Rangers a guard of honour tomorrow night?

Don't know but is it playing to the media or being sportsman like?

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2016, 10:44 AM

If we do it will have nothing to do with playing up to the media.

flash
19-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Playing to the media? Surely not another thread having a go at Hibs.

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2016, 10:46 AM
As much as I don't want us to do it, it is a tradition for the first league team that play the league winners to give them a guard of honour. That happens to be us so our players/coaching staff should be respectful enough for their fellow professionals to do the same. It is different from the Hearts team last year that seemed to want bowed down to 3 weeks after winning the league.
I'm sure the Hibs fans won't be applauding anyway :greengrin

And as for playing up to the media, they would be desperate for us NOT to do it.

rcarter1
19-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Seems perfectly sensible and reasonable to honour what is a sporting tradition. Why act bitter? Give them their due, and then do your best to beat them on the pitch.

Oscar T Grouch
19-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Of course we should give them this, the last league game they played they won the league. While I don't like that team or any of their players and I have a healthy hate for their support, the only decent thing to do is to congratulate them on winning the league in the following league game after they won it. Not an issue imho. How the crowd choose to 'congratulate' them is another issue all together :wink:

Topographic Hibby
19-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Seem to remember the last time we won the old First that Raith gave us a guard of honour at Kirkcaldy. Much as it might stick in the throat to honour "them", it is perhaps the right thing to do.

Then play them off the park..........

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Its what happens in the next game after the league has been won ...just our tough luck that we were the next team due to play them. I don't have a problem with our players following tradition ...just so long as they don't expect the fans to follow suit ... coz that's not going to be happening.

In the unlikely event I'm in my seat when the teams come out I'll be turning my back on the whole sorry episode.

Lancs Harp
19-04-2016, 11:07 AM
As others have said its tradition to do so, its no big deal really is it?

Personally I'll probably be too busy ensconced in my scotch pie at the time to notice.

Spike Mandela
19-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Just dae it. You dinnae have to mean it.

Remain Hibs class.

CorrieHibs
19-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Just do it. We don't want to look like bad losers.

hibee
19-04-2016, 11:12 AM
They should do it and hopefully use it as motivation to beat them.

007 Mickey Weir
19-04-2016, 12:03 PM
We would look very petty if we didn't do it. We are bigger than that. Rangers did it for Hearts last year.

Nutmegged
19-04-2016, 12:16 PM
I absolutely detest these guard of honours, I wouldn't feel the need to want rivials to give us one, I don't see why it should happen, everyone will know they've won automatic promotion, the TV, Radio, Papers and their fans wont let anyone forget about it, plus I don't really see the integrity in winning a League with a squad that is seeing you post loses month after month, Financial Fair Play is hardly winning here.

Should we do it? Hell No
Does that make me bitter? Absolutely Not

This is a relatively new concept brought in to appease the PC brigade, Rangers with the second biggest budget in Scotland winning the 2nd tier doesn't merit a gaurd of honour and neither would Hibernian, same as Celtic wouldn't merit one for winning the Premiership

If a club outwith Glasgow won the Premiership then by all means recognise such an achievement, until then lay off the rather nausating back slapping for crushing a peanut with a sledge hammer

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2016, 12:18 PM
I absolutely detest these guard of honours, I wouldn't feel the need to want rivials to give us one, I don't see why it should happen, everyone will know they've won automatic promotion, the TV, Radio, Papers and their fans wont let anyone forget about it, plus I don't really see the integrity in winning a League with a squad that is seeing you post loses month after month, Financial Fair Play is hardly winning here.

Should we do it? Hell No
Does that make me bitter? Absolutely Not

This is a relatively new concept brought in to appease the PC brigade, Rangers with the second biggest budget in Scotland winning the 2nd tier doesn't merit a gaurd of honour and neither would Hibernian, same as Celtic wouldn't merit one for winning the Premiership

If a club outwith Glasgow won the Premiership then by all means recognise such an achievement, until then lay off the rather nausating back slapping for crushing a peanut with a sledge hammer

It's not, though.

I remember it from the 60's. Others remember it when we won the First Division.

HibsNutter
19-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Sportmanship, tradition, ***** all to do with the media.

Hope we do it, it'll make our players more determined to settle a score on the night and in the final.

Nutmegged
19-04-2016, 12:21 PM
It's been sporadic though, when it was done in the past it was organic, these past few years it has felt completely contrived for the sole purpose of TV

Nutmegged
19-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Sportmanship, tradition, ***** all to do with the media.

Hope we do it, it'll make our players more determined to settle a score on the night and in the final.

Rangers smashed their way through this League depending on loans they'll pay back on the never never, if thats Sportsmanship it's no wonder we don't win much

HibsNutter
19-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Rangers smashed their way through this League depending on loans they'll pay back on the never never, if thats Sportsmanship it's no wonder we don't win much

Think about how not doing it could backfire on Hibs for a second..

Pretty Boy
19-04-2016, 12:29 PM
We should do it.

No reason to give them any extra motivation either tomorrow or in May. Players should swallow their pride, grit their teeth and use it to spur them on.

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2016, 12:30 PM

So no team should ever use their commercial potential to financially speculate?

Hibrandenburg
Only fair as they'll have to applaud us when we go up to lift the cup.

Nutmegged
How could it possibly backfire on Hibs? we might get some negative publicity? Who'd notice?

It might fire the Zombies up? We're their biggest opponent in the League, besting us has always been their priority...

I'm actually stuck on how this could backfire, I'll tell you what it would definitely do, it would galvanise our fanbase at a time when many feel we are still a soft touch in all aspects

GreenLake
19-04-2016, 12:32 PM
It would be better if we were wondering if they would do it for us but they won so perhaps we should get it over with. The Hibs team can use it as a rehearsal to clap their players on the way up for runners up medals at Hampden.

Brooster
19-04-2016, 12:47 PM
Some folk need to get over themselves. Rangers won the league fair and square, we play them in their first game after becomming champions, we form a guard of honour.....what is so difficult to understand about that? We must do it whether its Rangers or Alloa.

19-04-2016, 12:48 PM
As much as I don't want us to do it, it is a tradition for the first league team that play the league winners to give them a guard of honour. That happens to be us so our players/coaching staff should be respectful enough for their fellow professionals to do the same. It is different from the Hearts team last year that seemed to want bowed down to 3 weeks after winning the league.
I'm sure the Hibs fans won't be applauding anyway :greengrin

And as for playing up to the media, they would be desperate for us NOT to do it.

Totally agree Callum. The hearts situation last year was completely different as they had already had 2, they simply just wanted to make a fool of us. Hibs were quite right to say no. Do you think they would have got all hot and bothered about it if it was say Alloa? Would they hell, as usual they just wanted a dig at hibs. Shamless clubs like the huns and hearts love to try and drag other clubs names thru the mud to deflect from their own despicable actions over the years. they won the Scottish Championship ffs not the bloody champions league, THREE guards of honour?! Get over yourselves!

As you say, the huns and their friends in the media will be desperate for us not to do it so they can feel they are on some sort of moral high ground. It would give them great satisfaction to be able to get all high and mighty.

Just get it over with, it will take all of 20 seconds then we can get on with business on the park. No obligation for the fans, I for one will be booing. Will be a cold day in hell before I applaud that horrible establishment.

ManBearPig
19-04-2016, 12:57 PM
We should do it this isn't the hertz we want one every week. This is the tradition. Show some class. Then kick their a$$

Onion
19-04-2016, 12:57 PM
If this is the first game after them winning the league, then Hibs need to follow tradition and applaud them onto the pitch. Huns will be confused thinking it's for beating their lovin' cousins last weekend and becoming unofficial world champions.

Onceinawhile
19-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Apparently Stubbs will be on sky sports news to discuss shortly.

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Apparently Stubbs will be on sky sports news to discuss shortly.

According to a TheRangers fan on Twitter, Stubbs has said we WON'T be giving them one. Interested to hear his reasoning. Seems petty to me, and plays right into TheRangers and the medias hands.

Andy.1875
19-04-2016, 01:14 PM
I think it's only respectful for the team to do this.
Doesn't mean I have to be in my seat to watch it though.

Heisenberg
19-04-2016, 01:15 PM
We didn't give Hearts one did we?

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2016, 01:17 PM

Again, the Hearts game was 3 games after they'd won the title.

Nutmegged
19-04-2016, 01:25 PM
I think it's only respectful for the team to do this.
Doesn't mean I have to be in my seat to watch it though.

Does "Hibs Class" only count for our players? If we expect our players to applaud the cheats for sledgehammering a peanut then surely we should all be there to offer our congratulations...

F them ☺

MyJo
19-04-2016, 01:25 PM
Simple solution to this.

Give them the guard of honour along with a rousing rendition of "if you hate the new club Sevco, clap your hands"

19-04-2016, 01:27 PM
According to a TheRangers fan on Twitter, Stubbs has said we WON'T be giving them one. Interested to hear his reasoning. Seems petty to me, and plays right into TheRangers and the medias hands.

I hope this is not true. Why give the media more sticks to beat us with and why give the huns more motivation.

J-C
19-04-2016, 01:31 PM
As much as I hate Rangers, they have been the best team in the league this season and deserve their guard of hour, even though it's grudged it is entitled.

flash
19-04-2016, 01:37 PM
To be fair Stubbs may be finding it difficult to equate sportsmanship when the fans of the old Rangers sang songs about him having cancer.

Dunfyhibee
19-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Have no problem with this. Fail to see why the representatives of that support should be given respect while the support themselves do not have the respect or human decency to refrain from chanting disgusting and sectarian abuse at our manager. Not to mention the way fans of other clubs are treated when coming up against this mob

southsider
19-04-2016, 01:43 PM
To be fair Stubbs may be finding it difficult to equate sportsmanship when the fans of the old Rangers sang songs about him having cancer.
Correct, throwing all sorts of stuff at our fans at the xmas game. The abuse AS took was a disgrace. Would not give them a wave in the Saharra Desert.

CentreLine
19-04-2016, 01:51 PM
What has happened to our game if we cannot be magnanmous in defeat? It is a sport and an entertainment and we should always applaud the winners.

Come on Hibs, we know its the right thing to do :applause:

Forza Fred
19-04-2016, 02:01 PM
What has happened to our game if we cannot be magnanmous in defeat? It is a sport and an entertainment and we should always applaud the winners.

Come on Hibs, we know its the right thing to do :applause:

Yep, stick to the footballing facts, they were better than us, and we should do it if it is a tradition.

Then when the game starts go at them hammer and tongs, but let's not stoop to their level and be petty by refusing to do it.

Onceinawhile
19-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Would also just fire them up for tomorrow and the final.

No need for the extra motivation.

lapsedhibee
19-04-2016, 02:05 PM
let's not stoop to their level and be petty by refusing to do it
We should do the thing, but not doing it would take us not within a million fathoms of huns' level.

itslegaltender
19-04-2016, 02:07 PM
We should do the thing, but not doing it would take us not within a million fathoms of huns' level.

agree we should do it. They won the league, no reason for us not to. Think this is an error by Stubbs.

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Its now all over twitter that we won't be giving them one. Presume its been on SSN. Surprised at the club for this. Thought we'd swallow our pride, get on with it, and do our talking on the pitch. Fan safety was the excuse given last year (when we didn't actually need an excuse as it was just ridiculous to expect one). Same excuse this time maybe?

Moulin Yarns
19-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Its now all over twitter that we won't be giving them one. Presume its been on SSN. Surprised at the club for this. Thought we'd swallow our pride, get on with it, and do our talking on the pitch. Fan safety was the excuse given last year (when we didn't actually need an excuse as it was just ridiculous to expect one). Same excuse this time maybe?

Not seen it but maybe Stubbs meant he wouldn't be, but the team would.

Nutmegged
19-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Stubbs just said he has congratulated them privately but would not confirm or deny, I hope we don't do it and I hope that galvanises the fans and players

19-04-2016, 02:13 PM
I fear all this will do is pump them up even more for wednesday and the final

Just do and get it over and done with. It will only take about 20 seconds

Spike Mandela
19-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Can only think this is a strategy to divert the Huns focus for the game tomorrow.

Maybe difficult to equate honour with tax cheats and bigotry.

Geo_1875
19-04-2016, 02:24 PM
agree we should do it. They won the league, no reason for us not to. Think this is an error by Stubbs.

**** me. This guy Stubbs doesn't get anything right, does he?

Unless there is a written rule in the SPFL book they are entitled to **** all. If Hibs have decided not to give them a guard of honour then you can be sure that Stubbs didn't have the final say in the matter. That decision would be taken at board level.

GloryGlory
19-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Can you imagine next season and say Celtc won the league and their next game was at Ibrox? Would Sevco give them a guard of honour? :wink:

iwasthere1972
19-04-2016, 02:33 PM

Well they didn't give us one either after we pumped them.

MKHIBEE
19-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Margin Bartley said " I'm not a professional guard, I'm a professional footballer,if I wanted to clap players I would be a fan"

MKHIBEE
19-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Its a non story, it it didn't involve one of the ugly sisters it wouldn't even register.

Jonnyboy
19-04-2016, 03:08 PM
It's all over Twitter so it must be true?

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Make of this what you will

Asked if the club will give Rangers a guard of honour at Easter Road in recognition of their title success, Stubbs indicated he would prefer to concentrate on matters on the pitch.

"I rang Mark (Warburton) and David (Weir) personally as soon as they won the title, but we are focussed on the game itself and what we need to do tomorrow. That is the most important thing," he added.

"We all want to see the game, it's not about other issues, the most important thing is you will see two good teams tomorrow night."

MKHIBEE
19-04-2016, 03:13 PM
It's all over Twitter so it must be true?
Has Twitter become the new hibs.net?

Jonnyboy
19-04-2016, 03:14 PM
Make of this what you will

Doesn't say they won't 😏

Moulin Yarns
19-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Has Twitter become the new hibs.net?

It is up there with Greggs!!

Viva_Palmeiras
We should do it.

No reason to give them any extra motivation either tomorrow or in May. Players should swallow their pride, grit their teeth and use it to spur them on.

Spot on.

Nutmegged
I fear all this will do is pump them up even more for wednesday and the final

Just do and get it over and done with. It will only take about 20 seconds
If you're relying on them being nice to us as some kind of friendly pleasntry I think you're mistaken, in the past it has been Hibernian Football Club who have regularly been shaaaat on, regularly believed being the nicey nicey good guys wina the day, no chance, it's high time we swung our balls, we're toiling in the 2nd tier for a reason, a different mindset is what is required.

I'd be proud of Hibs if we told them to ram it

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Doesn't say they won't 

very true. I was originally basing it on comments on twitter (very stupidly) but was still keen on seeing exactly what Stubbs himself has said. My inclination from the interview is that we won't, but I hope I'm wrong.

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2016, 03:20 PM
http://www.brechinadvertiser.co.uk/sport/scottish-sport/andy-halliday-no-problem-if-hibs-don-t-give-rangers-a-guard-of-honour-1-4104628

and another comment from STV -

Historically the league champions have been welcomed on to the field by their opponents in their next match after securing the title but Stubbs says nobody at the capital club has talked about the ritual.

He told STV: "It's not been discussed at all. The most important thing is the game tomorrow not about other things.

"If you want to talk about honour, I was the first one to ring Mark [Warburton] up and David [Weir] after the game when they clinched the title and congratulated them.

"Personally as a club I feel as if we've been very respectful."

19-04-2016, 03:22 PM
If you're relying on them being nice to us as some kind of friendly pleasntry I think you're mistaken, in the past it has been Hibernian Football Club who have regularly been shaaaat on, regularly believed being the nicey nicey good guys wina the day, no chance, it's high time we swung our balls, we're toiling in the 2nd tier for a reason, a different mindset is what is required.

I'd be proud of Hibs if we told them to ram it

Of course i'm not, that lot have never done anything "friendly" in their lives. I simply mean that it might rile them up a bit more.

silverhibee
19-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Marvin Bartley. "if i wanted to clap players on the park I would have been a fan" SSN. :greengrin

Can't see it happening.

MagicSwirlingShip
19-04-2016, 03:24 PM
If it was Falkirk that had won the Championship, would we even be having this discussion? :rolleyes:

They are the Champions, we should follow tradition and give them their Guard of Honour. In my opinion.

silverhibee
19-04-2016, 03:28 PM

Maybe the club made a complaint to the SFA about the abuse Stubbs got that night and nothing was done about it, this could be Hibs sticking to fingers up by no guard of honour.

Big_Franck
19-04-2016, 03:37 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/10249726/alan-stubbs-says-three-points-against-rangers-the-main-priority-for-hibernian

silverhibee
19-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Bitter Walter Smith last week, "the club will never forget why we were put down to the bottom league" as he whispered Rod Petrie under his breath.

F*** them, we get slated enough by the press & media anyway, will just be another negative story in a long line of pish negative stories about us.

And lock the zombies in the away end for 30 minutes at the end.

erin go bragh
19-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Did we receive a guard of hounor when we won the league in 98/99 season . ?
I can't remember a team doing it .

GGTTH

Frazerbob
19-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Did we receive a guard of hounor when we won the league in 98/99 season . ?
I can't remember a team doing it .

GGTTH

Yes, Raith Rovers did it at Starks Park the next game.

Spike Mandela
19-04-2016, 03:51 PM
The usual media commentators will be frothing at the mouth and venting their spleen over this...you know the ones....the ones that never mention The Rangers song sheet, liquidation or industrial scale tax avoidance. Honour my arse.:cb

silverhibee
very true. I was originally basing it on comments on twitter (very stupidly) but was still keen on seeing exactly what Stubbs himself has said. My inclination from the interview is that we won't, but I hope I'm wrong.

And if that is the clubs stance then they must have a good reason for not giving them one, and we should back the club if they decide not to give them a guard of honour.

Frazerbob
I'm a big fan of Stubbs and stood up for him most of the time the last few weeks however, he has a very bad habit of giving the opposition added motivation. The club, whether they do the GOH or not, have played this all wrong. We are now being chastised by all and sundry, press, opposition fans and no doubt Sportsound tonight will be all over it. We should have said we will do it and get on with beating them.

erin go bragh
19-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Yes, Raith Rovers did it at Starks Park the next game.

Cheers FB . Couldn't remember . Players will do it but I won't be clapping just booing :)

GGTTH

Stokesy's on fire
19-04-2016, 04:19 PM
the guard of honour at football is pathetic shouldn't ever happen

BH Hibs
19-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Thought we'd done this to death last week? They can bolt

green day
19-04-2016, 05:13 PM
We are now being chastised by all and sundry, press, opposition fans and no doubt Sportsound tonight will be all over it.

Sportsound hate us anyway, so they can all bolt too.

iwasthere1972
19-04-2016, 05:33 PM
It's the Scottish Championship not the Champions League. Tell them to do one and their filthy sectarian mob. Them and the former team that played at Ibrox can get to........

Thecat23
19-04-2016, 05:35 PM
If Stubbs wasn't a former Celtic player this wouldn't even make the news.

For the record he should give them one and just get it over with. Fans can boo the life out it though 😁

O'Rourke3
19-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Having seen the interview on SSN and the bile on FB on the back of it, AS implies we won't be. I hope we are doing it just to second guess them. I also hope we make a statement before the game saying this is players respecting players. Following that up with a further statement about Fans getting sh@t on by opposing fans being blamed on the stewards. Unfortunate songs about opposition managers is a small minority that they are doing their best to sort. We should show some class whilst pointing out the lack of theirs.

hibees 7062
19-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Sportsound hate us anyway, so they can all bolt too.
Exactly , the way they treated us at Ibrox should never be forgotten

JohnMcM
19-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Don't know but is it playing to the media or being sportsman like?

Excellent way to start replies to a potentially contentious thread.

JimBHibees
19-04-2016, 06:06 PM
We should do it.

Incredible that Stubbs thinks this is a good idea. At present they are a better team than us why oh why give them any more motivation. Approach from now on should be to keep head down and pile all the pressure on Rangers for the final not giving them more reason to do us over. As an aside saw an interview with that gimp Halliday who said his manager should be up for manager of the year but others have done well in the Champioship such as Stubbs and Peter Houston. No need to call AS by surname alone imo.

Northern Hibby
19-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Next time this question is asked by the media the answer should be WTF has it got to do with you, it's a sportsmanship thing not something the media can use to create an issue where there is none, which in actual fact is very unsportsmanlike of you.

Moral high ground 😉

Yes we should do it but without being pressured into it.

JimBHibees
19-04-2016, 06:18 PM
I'm a big fan of Stubbs and stood up for him most of the time the last few weeks however, he has a very bad habit of giving the opposition added motivation. The club, whether they do the GOH or not, have played this all wrong. We are now being chastised by all and sundry, press, opposition fans and no doubt Sportsound tonight will be all over it. We should have said we will do it and get on with beating them.

Agree totally. Don't see the point and seems self defeating imo.

The_Sauz
19-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Its what happens in the next game after the league has been won ...just our tough luck that we were the next team due to play them. I don't have a problem with our players following tradition ...just so long as they don't expect the fans to follow suit ... coz that's not going to be happening.

In the unlikely event I'm in my seat when the teams come out I'll be turning my back on the whole sorry episode.

Same here :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2016, 07:10 PM
The usual media commentators will be frothing at the mouth and venting their spleen over this...you know the ones....the ones that never mention The Rangers song sheet, liquidation or industrial scale tax avoidance. Honour my arse.:cb

There's no honour, ethics or human decency in that club, but if the players are told to do it, fair enough. We supporters can give them our own take on things :agree:

cocopops1875
19-04-2016, 07:39 PM

According to various Rangers fans Stubbs also said "we were going to win the treble" now try and find a quote where he says such a thing ? They simply hear whatever suits their agenda at any given time

Big L
19-04-2016, 07:49 PM
We as a club are very big on sporting integrity, I remember RP using this as justification for making them apply to get in to the 3rd Div, we should practice what we preach, albeit, I hate them as much as I do the yams!

PatHead
19-04-2016, 07:51 PM
We won't do one. Don't see why we should.

Nothing to do with it being the The Rangers.

The time for them to celebrate is when they get the trophy at home on Saturday. Don't see why we should help them tomorrow night.

If someone beats us in the playoffs do we clap them off as well?

Alfred E Newman
19-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Have Rangers ever given Celtic a guard of honour or vice versa.?

Toldo123
19-04-2016, 08:18 PM
grin and bear it , get it over with and move on

Hibs class

Vini1875
19-04-2016, 08:40 PM
AS simply said it has not been discussed and that he was the first to phone and offer congrats to Mark and Davie.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2016, 09:02 PM
**** Sevco
**** Mark Warburton
**** the media's reaction
**** the guard of honour

That's my in depth analysis of the situation. :greengrin

They can stick their guard of honour up their arse.

monktonharp
19-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Think about how not doing it could backfire on Hibs for a second..cant se the reasoning, with your point. I don't care if our club does it. I wont applaud them Ever. end of.

monktonharp
19-04-2016, 09:16 PM
I hope this is not true. Why give the media more sticks to beat us with and why give the huns more motivation.
do you think, for one nano second that the "media" will consider Hibernian football club and their fans, when it comes to discussing games against The Rangers, otherwise known as Rangers International etc etc/ the press don't give a flyin' one about us. they are constantly bleating on about the return of the hun and I have hardly seen any mention of the fact that our club have actually arrived at Hampden in our second Major Final this season as opposed to ThE Rangers, who are looking for a "treble" if you add the pentrofac or whatever its called. some of this keek gies me the dry boak, and I will never applaud that Govan mob. too many memories of what they put our fans through and got away with.the most despicable set of football fans and club officials on this small planet we inhabit. thankfully there is a whole undiscovered universe out there and hopefully no huns in the galaxy.

monktonharp
19-04-2016, 09:20 PM

I'd be proud of Hibs if we told them to ram it:agree: Diamond quote mate. don't gie them an inch!

monktonharp
19-04-2016, 09:37 PM
http://www.brechinadvertiser.co.uk/sport/scottish-sport/andy-halliday-no-problem-if-hibs-don-t-give-rangers-a-guard-of-honour-1-4104628

and another comment from STV -I'm pretty sure the Brechin public will be urging Hibernian to clap like f/ck . the majority up that way are all ribid huns :rolleyes::rolleyes:

monktonharp
19-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Of course i'm not, that lot have never done anything "friendly" in their lives. I simply mean that it might rile them up a bit more.I don't care if it "riles" them. means nowt to me. they have RILED me for 45 years, by spittin' oan me ,by calling me a fenian barsteward when on my own and a dozen of them around me, and lots of other incidents and one of them when I was walking along Abbeyhill. don't try and tell me otherwise. seen it, done it , wore the Hibernian colours and despise them.!!!!

monktonharp
19-04-2016, 10:02 PM
I'm a big fan of Stubbs and stood up for him most of the time the last few weeks however, he has a very bad habit of giving the opposition added motivation. The club, whether they do the GOH or not, have played this all wrong. We are now being chastised by all and sundry, press, opposition fans and no doubt Sportsound tonight will be all over it. We should have said we will do it and get on with beating them.In YOUR OPINION

FranckSuzy
19-04-2016, 10:33 PM
We as a club are very big on sporting integrity, I remember RP using this as justification for making them apply to get in to the 3rd Div, we should practice what we preach, albeit, I hate them as much as I do the yams!

Are you seriously comparing the two? :faf:

givescotlandfreedom
19-04-2016, 10:40 PM
The club and the fans is absolutely disgusting and the world would be a better place without them. That said we are better than them and I think we should do the done thing and humour them before destroying them tomorrow then in the final. To not do it would probably only serve to motivate the Hun. I'd hope having to do it would help give our players anger and aggression to use positively on the pitch too.

monktonharp
19-04-2016, 11:14 PM
The club and the fans is absolutely disgusting and the world would be a better place without them. That said we are better than them and I think we should do the done thing and humour them before destroying them tomorrow then in the final. To not do it would probably only serve to motivate the Hun. I'd hope having to do it would help give our players anger and aggression to use positively on the pitch too.I'm trying like a bear (excuse the hunpun)to get my heid round this. but, I just cant see many of our fans clapping. If Demptster deems, then Demptster gets I suppose. not in my remit though so disnae bother me. gerritrightupum.

givescotlandfreedom
19-04-2016, 11:18 PM
I'm trying like a bear (excuse the hunpun)to get my heid round this. but, I just cant see many of our fans clapping. If Demptster deems, then Demptster gets I suppose. not in my remit though so disnae bother me. gerritrightupum.

I think it's just the players who do the clapping. I'll be giving the Huns pelters anyway.

JOD
20-04-2016, 12:19 AM
I don't care if it "riles" them. means nowt to me. they have RILED me for 45 years, by spittin' oan me ,by calling me a fenian barsteward when on my own and a dozen of them around me, and lots of other incidents and one of them when I was walking along Abbeyhill. don't try and tell me otherwise. seen it, done it , wore the Hibernian colours and despise them.!!!!

100% f k them

jacomo
20-04-2016, 12:28 AM
The club and the fans is absolutely disgusting and the world would be a better place without them. That said we are better than them and I think we should do the done thing and humour them before destroying them tomorrow then in the final. To not do it would probably only serve to motivate the Hun. I'd hope having to do it would help give our players anger and aggression to use positively on the pitch too.

:agree:

jacomo
20-04-2016, 12:35 AM
I think it's just the players who do the clapping. I'll be giving the Huns pelters anyway.

Ha, just imagining the stadium announcer imploring the Hibs support to be nice and give the Huns a jolly nice clap. Aye right.

Too much has been made of this already, judging by this thread. Of course our players should offer the customary acknowledgement of their achievement.

If I were Dempster, I'd also make the point to AS and the players that it could have been Der Hun team applauding US onto the pitch.

We f***ed our league campaign. I hope our manager and team are hurting about that, and determined to make amends.

Nutmegged
20-04-2016, 01:50 AM

Sorry mate, according to you the club and fans are "absolutely disgusting"...yet you want to honour them anyway? I've felt like a loan voice at times in this thread but thank God it looks like the manager wants to treat their success with the contempt it deserves

Onion
20-04-2016, 03:48 AM
If tradition dictates that the next team playing the league winners applaud them onto the pitch, then Hibs should do that. I detest the Huns and have lots of reasons for doing so, but to deny that or refuse to honour the tradition is petty and lowers us to their level. It's the kind of thing Celtic might do. Hibs are bigger than that.

If Stubbs and/or LD have chosen not to honour the tradition, need to know why otherwise it will be interpreted as petty and spiteful.

Hate them but we're bigger than that.

Libby Hibby
20-04-2016, 05:33 AM
As someone else says...100% f k them

Not In The Know
20-04-2016, 06:34 AM
If tradition dictates that the next team playing the league winners applaud them onto the pitch, then Hibs should do that. I detest the Huns and have lots of reasons for doing so, but to deny that or refuse to honour the tradition is petty and lowers us to their level. It's the kind of thing Celtic might do. Hibs are bigger than that.

If Stubbs and/or LD have chosen not to honour the tradition, need to know why otherwise it will be interpreted as petty and spiteful.

100% correct.

calumhibee1
20-04-2016, 07:07 AM
As someone else says...100% f k them

:agree: Nobody on here has any respect for Rangers, there players or there ****bag fans. Yet they want to clap them onto the pitch to show them respect? :confused:

Argylehibby
20-04-2016, 07:09 AM

Spot on. Unfortunately I don't think we will provide the GOH.

Frazerbob
20-04-2016, 07:19 AM
cant se the reasoning, with your point. I don't care if our club does it. I wont applaud them Ever. end of.

Nobody is asking you to.

TamHibs
20-04-2016, 07:20 AM
:agree: Nobody on here has any respect for Rangers, there players or there ****bag fans. Yet they want to clap them onto the pitch to show them respect? :confused:

You realise it's only the players who clap them onto the park? The fans are under no obligation to do so.

marinello59

I won't be clapping them. I'm past caring now whether the team do it as a matter of courtesy to fellow pros or not, it's all become a bit of a storm in a teacup.

Frazerbob
In YOUR OPINION

Who else's opinion would I be expressing?

Hibs90
20-04-2016, 07:22 AM
I'd rather **** in my hands and clap than give them a guard of honour.

Frazerbob
20-04-2016, 07:36 AM
I'd rather **** in my hands and clap than give them a guard of honour.

I'll say it again, nobody is asking or expecting you to.

Thecat23
20-04-2016, 07:38 AM

Fans don't, but professional footballers have a lot of respect for each other.

Jim44
20-04-2016, 07:39 AM
Warburton, in that teuchter rag article, more or less said that Sevco might have discussed it if the shoe was on the other foot but it isn't. I would take that as a 'no'. Personally, I couldn't give a toss if they get a GOH or not and the notion that, somehow, psychological advantage is at stake is nonsense. if either team relies on petty oneupmanship to gain the upper hand, they've got problems.

Thecat23
20-04-2016, 07:39 AM
It's not rocket science, most fans won't clap and that's fine, I won't myself but I have no problem Hibs players showing a fellow pro respect.

People getting all worked up when it's not about the fans does make me laugh. Just go for a pie ffs.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Just do it, not doing things like this could come to back and bite us in the ass.

Largshibby
20-04-2016, 07:46 AM

What about all the years they got a guard of "honour" for the titles they won on the back of cheating and corruption on an industrial scale? Are they going to issue an apology for all the years of failing to demonstrate sporting tradition - No chance. They can have a GoH in about 10 years time when we know for sure that this title has been won fair and square.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Why do folk think it's the fans that do the guard of honour?

JimBHibees
20-04-2016, 08:11 AM
I do think we need to be smarter in terms of dealing with the press. I appreciate that interviews can be taken out of context and only certain parts shown however the perception now is that we are somewhat bitter about losing the league and have quite incredibly appeared to have given the moral high ground to Rangers, you really couldnt make it up. Even worse in the run up to a major cup final.

All that needed to be said was, if that is the tradition then that is what will happen however our main focus is on the game.

trev the hat
20-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Pretty sure the players will do this, Stubbs has rightly played it down in the press. It should take around 20 secs so just less than 8 secs more than Stokes fastest goal against them at ER 😉

givescotlandfreedom
20-04-2016, 08:35 AM
Sorry mate, according to you the club and fans are "absolutely disgusting"...yet you want to honour them anyway? I've felt like a loan voice at times in this thread but thank God it looks like the manager wants to treat their success with the contempt it deserves

It is without a doubt a rancid institution. I don't want it to backfire on Hibs though which I think it could.

G B Young
20-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Why is this seen as such a big deal? It's just a bit of sportsmanship and in pretty much any sport other than football it wouldn't even be an issue. If it's an established tradition just get on with it. It'll take all of 30 seconds.

oneone73
20-04-2016, 08:58 AM
How about a compromise? Why don't the players line up and flip V signs?

hibsboy69
20-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Why is this seen as such a big deal? It's just a bit of sportsmanship and in pretty much any sport other than football it wouldn't even be an issue. If it's an established tradition just get on with it. It'll take all of 30 seconds.

My thoughts exactly !

20-04-2016, 09:41 AM

Exactly, why give the press and the huns the satisfaction of refusing them one. Just get on with it ffs it will take all of 20 seconds then we can get on with business on the park.

20-04-2016, 09:46 AM
You really do have to laugh though at rangers and hearts supporters calling us "classless" for not doing it last year and again this year.

1) Get the **** over yourselves hearts, you had 2 already, it was the Scottish championship yous won not the bloody champions league. Would you have been making such a song and dance if it was say Alloa who refused you a third one? Nope. Just more obsession with trying to have a dig at hibs.

and 2) Oh the hilarity at the irony of Rangers and Hearts calling US classless! The two clubs that bumped the taxman/small business/charities etc etc etc out of absolute millions to cheat their way to a bit of glory. Not to mention hearts reputation for employing convicted peadophiles.

Just give them their pathetic GoH - I in no way want to give these vile, cheating clubs the chance to think they can drag our name down with theirs.

NorthNorfolkHFC
20-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Just do it?

I dont get it? They won the league by being better.

I did it every after every game of rugby win or lose, its not easy to take if it was a big rivalry. Makes us look incredibly childish otherwise. We are better than that.

Smartie
20-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Pretty poor show if we don't do it tbh. It's a tradition and the traditions of Scottish football deserve our respect, if not The Rangers.

I think it would draw un-necessary ill-feeling and bad publicity towards us if we didn't do it. I can't believe that our players wouldn't just applaud through gritted teeth for 20 seconds - the fans can do whatever the hell they like.

Oh, and we were right to tell Hearts to ram it. They were busy creating their own traditions (a bit like the way sex offender rehabilitation and stealing from charities are now traditions interwoven into the fabric of their club) that had never been done before. It would have been nauseating to see us bow to that last year.

JimBHibees
20-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Pretty poor show if we don't do it tbh. It's a tradition and the traditions of Scottish football deserve our respect, if not The Rangers.

I think it would draw un-necessary ill-feeling and bad publicity towards us if we didn't do it. I can't believe that our players wouldn't just applaud through gritted teeth for 20 seconds - the fans can do whatever the hell they like.

Oh, and we were right to tell Hearts to ram it. They were busy creating their own traditions (a bit like the way sex offender rehabilitation and stealing from charities are now traditions interwoven into the fabric of their club) that had never been done before. It would have been nauseating to see us bow to that last year.

Agree with all of that.

Diclonius
20-04-2016, 10:23 AM
Looks like it's not going to happen. Either way, if it did I'd just be turning away from it in silent protest.

frazeHFC
20-04-2016, 11:00 AM

And Rangers respected the traditions of Scottish football when they cheated, spent outwith their means and got chucked down to league 2? Mind you this isn't the same club I suppose. :cool2:

Delighted if we have turned it down, we'll have pissed them off now time to beat them.

Argylehibby
20-04-2016, 11:43 AM
What about all the years they got a guard of "honour" for the titles they won on the back of cheating and corruption on an industrial scale? Are they going to issue an apology for all the years of failing to demonstrate sporting tradition - No chance. They can have a GoH in about 10 years time when we know for sure that this title has been won fair and square.

They are only 4 years old and the stuff you refer to wasn't them. How many on here are quick to point that fact out when it suits but on this thread are drawing the history of the old club in to the debate as the reason they shouldn't get a GOH?

Like the vast majority of fans on here I won't clap them, I can't stand them and never will give them any recognition but I do think the club should. Will not giving them a GOH motivate them tonight or for the cup final? Who knows but why take the chance? Will it introduce some needle tonight? Maybe but can we afford a sending off or two as meaty challenges go in in retaliation? There will already be an edge because of the Fyvie incident at the hunnery why make it worse? They could get a couple of players sent off (aye right) but will it matter to them in the run up to the end of the season? No they have the title won and will no doubt be resting players now and again anyway.

They will have a pretty lengthy period of meaningless games from now until the end of the season then they will have a break before the final. Why would we want to give them anything, no matter how small, to motivate them for the final.

WeeRussell
20-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Decided I am not too fussy either way. I'd be happy enough to see us refuse to do it, given who it is. On the other hand if we do it because of tradition and whatever else, I can live with it.

Like 99% of our fans though, I won't be joining in and will never show any respect or congratulations to that club based on who they are, what they stand for and everything they are connected to.

overdrive
20-04-2016, 11:56 AM
We should just do it.

We should also ensure that our opponents' actual name is on the scoreboard rather than simply 'Rangers', i.e. with a prefix of 'The'.

3pm
20-04-2016, 11:59 AM
I'd do it.

They will get boooooooooooed anyway by the fans.

SetonClapper
20-04-2016, 12:03 PM
I think is all mind games to get the Rangers rattled. This is about us and not them. I'd be surprised if the players didn't do it. It's the accepted protocol. The players will do it, and we as fans can make our feelings known too. Job done.

O'Rourke3
20-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Admins. Can we change the title to Players GOH - Fans not included. It would clear the majority of the posts....

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Smartie
20-04-2016, 12:15 PM
And Rangers respected the traditions of Scottish football when they cheated, spent outwith their means and got chucked down to league 2? Mind you this isn't the same club I suppose. :cool2:

Delighted if we have turned it down, we'll have pissed them off now time to beat them.

No they didn't, but that was their call.

They can be a bunch of disrespectful chancers all they want, we (and every other club) should strive to rise above that instead of taking it as some sort of opportunity to lower our standards.

ALF TUPPER
20-04-2016, 12:17 PM
I dont have aproblem wit the players giving them a wee clap, a pat on the heid.

The won the league.

Provided we beat the manky mob after

:greengrin

matty_f
20-04-2016, 01:28 PM
The players should do it, imho.

Didn't the Rangers do it for their debt dodging chums last season?

CB_NO3
20-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Its tradition, its tradition blah blah. To many Hibs fans not got a scooby and spend their lifes on forums. Its not tradition, its not a rule. Its upto the club if they want to do it, simple as that. Clubs have done it, some clubs have not done it. End of chat.

leggeto
20-04-2016, 01:45 PM
You really do have to laugh though at rangers and hearts supporters calling us "classless" for not doing it last year and again this year.

1) Get the **** over yourselves hearts, you had 2 already, it was the Scottish championship yous won not the bloody champions league. Would you have been making such a song and dance if it was say Alloa who refused you a third one? Nope. Just more obsession with trying to have a dig at hibs.

and 2) Oh the hilarity at the irony of Rangers and Hearts calling US classless! The two clubs that bumped the taxman/small business/charities etc etc etc out of absolute millions to cheat their way to a bit of glory. Not to mention hearts reputation for employing convicted peadophiles.

Just give them their pathetic GoH - I in no way want to give these vile, cheating clubs the chance to think they can drag our name down with theirs.

This is where I am too,but it will be up to the players and manager so if it happens I won't lose any sleep

Ricky Bobby
20-04-2016, 01:46 PM
No problem with this, its their first league game since winning it. Get it done then get tore right into them.
No need to give the weedgie press another non story to masturbate themselves to death over.

Allant1981
20-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Ill be in the minority but id have had the players do it, every other team that wins leagues have it done, i despise rangers and what they stand for but we would have expected it if we had won the league

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Ill be in the minority but id have had the players do it, every other team that wins leagues have it done, i despise rangers and what they stand for but we would have expected it if we had won the league

I don't think you are in the minority

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Its tradition, its tradition blah blah. To many Hibs fans not got a scooby and spend their lifes on forums. Its not tradition, its not a rule. Its upto the club if they want to do it, simple as that. Clubs have done it, some clubs have not done it. End of chat.It is tradition though..

TheReg!
20-04-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm positive it will happen, it's getting silly now.

wills
20-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Give them their GoH, but have the announcer state it's their 3 league title in their 4 year existence. That would do for me

madhatter
20-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Give them their GoH, but have the announcer state it's their 3 league title in their 4 year existence. That would do for me

This 100%. Add in "Enjoy your first season in the top flight" and it'd be perfect.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Its tradition, its tradition blah blah. To many Hibs fans not got a scooby and spend their lifes on forums. Its not tradition, its not a rule. Its upto the club if they want to do it, simple as that. Clubs have done it, some clubs have not done it. End of chat.

You may as well include yourself in the not got a scooby after that post.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Stubbs should have replied with a "why are you even asking me that,such a daft question"to the reporter. I hope we will do what has become a tradition and silence the doubters.

paddy1875
20-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Give them absolutely nothing

PeeJay
20-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Personally I think the GoH is a decent idea. It's not about the Rangers, their fans, their history: it's about the sport of football and fair play. Our club's esteem will be better served by honouring the sporting tradition of the loser congratulating the winner, in this case the champions-elect. I'd be embarrassed if we refused to do it, frankly.

Captain Trips
20-04-2016, 05:20 PM
I hope they do it, and during that 30 seconds or so reflect on what all the misses and bad defending has had them doing, clapping that mob on.

Eyrie
20-04-2016, 05:53 PM
I've decided that I want our players should do it.

Reading some of the reasons for not doing it makes me wonder why our players should shake hands with them after a game.

And having showed them "respect" let's beat the bigoted b@sta@rds.

madhatter
20-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Strange thing for a tax paying club that gets hounded by the media, whose very name is slanderously used ("hibsed it"), to be criticised by the media and non-tax paying club for not holding a Guard of Honour for club that did everything with said media's help to derail tax-paying club's season (Scott Allan debacle).

Next they'll be asking all those wronged by their previous form to throw dollar bills at them as they run on to the pitch. Strange club to be talking about tradition, tradition takes years to establish, The Rangers are too young to know about tradition.

The financial rules that dictate everyday life were ignored by Rangers. This is a tradition that was ignored but they feel picked on by Scottish football. They now request Guard of Honour out of tradition. Strange hypocritical people we are dealing with...

Farcical tradition anyway, last game of the season should be the time for this not a mid weeker.

Maybe we should sing "all those that hate The Rangers clap your hands" whilst they get their guard of honour.

Scottish football is dire and that seems to be the only tradition worthy of discussing and resolving but petty OF derbies and The Rangers being "back" and wanting clapped onto a field seems to be more important. The game here will be dead shortly - to put it into an entertainment perspective...we get glorified dramas instead of factual documentaries. We learn nothing and think as a nation we will qualify for big tournaments - insanity.

Carheenlea
20-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Stubbs should have replied with a "why are you even asking me that,such a daft question"to the reporter. I hope we will do what has become a tradition and silence the doubters.

I hope we do what's best for Hibs in this instance. Not really interested in what other clubs have done and Hibs will decide if one is necessary or not.

Kavinho
20-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Surely

"we" should have the sporting integrity to recognise the winners of the competition we are in.. and ultimately they won it by a long way.

Boxers hug after fights, players shake hands.
Rugby players get clapped off the field by the opposition...

Its sport.
Its an achievement
It should be recognised

By doing so, you stand above.
By not doing so you look petty and small minded

Clap them on, then pump them till they are off it again.

Deansy
20-04-2016, 06:35 PM
You cannot give a guard of 'HONOUR' to an institution that has nothing whatsoever of that quality within it's ranks or history !. The only people who do not accept that the Hun are S**M are the weeg-media and the Hun themselves !

Scorrie
20-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Stubbsy just said on Sky that there wouldn't be a Guard of Honour...

SunshineOnLeith
20-04-2016, 06:47 PM
You cannot give a guard of 'HONOUR' to an institution that has nothing whatsoever of that quality within it's ranks or history !. The only people who do not accept that the Hun are S**M are the weeg-media and the Hun themselves !

They've only had four years, give them a chance, eh?

rcarter1
20-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Surely

"we" should have the sporting integrity to recognise the winners of the competition we are in.. and ultimately they won it by a long way.

Its sport.
Its an achievement
It should be recognised

Agree.

CB_NO3
20-04-2016, 07:41 PM
I dont make up stuff like the folk on here.

Steve-O
20-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Surely

Its sport.
Its an achievement
It should be recognised

The season is not even over though. Glad we didn't do it.

Col2
20-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Daily Record Twitter in ourtage shock rather than focus on game tonight and Huns defeat. A wee Dave King exclusive lined up maybe. Hate that paper.

pacoluna
20-04-2016, 09:32 PM
surprised the term " hibs class" hasnt been used. I'm glad we never I don't give two jocks about integrity or clapping the champions unless its us.

Bostonhibby
20-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Found this wee definition of honour

1.Honour- probity, uprightness. Honesty, integrity, sincerity refer to the highest moral principles and the absence of deceit or fraud.

Honour denotes a fine sense of, and a strict conformity to, what is considered morally right or due: a high sense of honour; on one's honour. Honesty denotes the presence of probity and particularly the absence of deceit or fraud, especially in business dealings: uncompromising honesty and trustworthiness.

Guard of honour? - that'll be a no then. Winning a few games of football doesn't sweep all the past dishonour away - Well done Hibs.

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Read on here it would fire them up :faf:

They were ****ing murder.

poolman
20-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Found this wee definition of honour

1.Honour- probity, uprightness. Honesty, integrity, sincerity refer to the highest moral principles and the absence of deceit or fraud.

Honour denotes a fine sense of, and a strict conformity to, what is considered morally right or due: a high sense of honour; on one's honour. Honesty denotes the presence of probity and particularly the absence of deceit or fraud, especially in business dealings: uncompromising honesty and trustworthiness.

Guard of honour? - that'll be a no then. Winning a few games of football doesn't sweep all the past dishonour away - Well done Hibs.

Absolutely everything that they don't stand for

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Poor show by Hibs in ny opinion,that's the "Hibs Class" bull**** finally put to bed anyway.

Sir David Gray
20-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Glad to see no guard of honour tonight.

**** them. :aok:

paddy1875
20-04-2016, 10:47 PM
While the rangers have won the league and now have nothing to play for until May 21st, a guard of honour was the only big headline sky and the weegie media could put on the game.

They done care that we are still in a massive battle to win promotion.

Im happy we didn't follow the script and applause them on. We had a massive game infront of our own fans tonight that we had to win. And we did!

Nutmegged
20-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Extremely Proud of the club for not relenting to this convulted notion, it's a shambles, well done Hibs

gaz1875
20-04-2016, 10:53 PM
We should have applauded them off :faf:

Stax
20-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Poor show by Hibs in ny opinion,that's the "Hibs Class" bull**** finally put to bed anyway.
3-2 when we needed a result, poor show? Fwiw I think hibs class is up there with the myth Liverpool fans are somehow more knowledgable / best fans in the world pish Celtic try and emulate. From someone with a soft spot for Liverpool btw.

monktonharp
20-04-2016, 11:33 PM
Glad you have fully ratified that, for all of us charlatans. I do however have a problem with this auld "tradition" or SFA tradition or the way Scottish football conducts itself etc. these are some, or close to some phrases used during this thread. the SFA have a backbone of an eel. they have "traditionally" sided with the 2 big Glasgow clubs for decades, and to my mind The Rangers have always had a big share of any spoils. the Liquidation of a business, or a football club, has no business in being handed special privelages. Der Hun done well. end of.

The Harp Awakes
20-04-2016, 11:41 PM
Extremely Proud of the club for not relenting to this convulted notion, it's a shambles, well done Hibs

Yep, we've been such soft touches with this kind of stuff over the years and we've been cannon fodder for the opposition as a result. Nicey, nicey wee Hibs. Time to get nasty and start winning things. New hun like old hun are/were the least honourable clubs on the planet so they will never deserve a guard of honour.