PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings so far...

alihibs1
18-04-2016, 07:08 PM
As we are coming to the end of an "interesting" season which can still end in glory I thought I would give my thoughts on the team this season.

Oxley - 5
Disappointing season for the Ox. It seems like nearly every shot goes past him. Still have a wee bit of faith in him though.

Conrad Logan - 10
Saturday may have been a fluke but the big man deserves a mention for a incredible performance.

Lewis Stevenson - 6
Average. Doesn't cause enough threat going forward. Liability at the back sometimes but can use his pace to get him out of sticky situations... sometimes.

David Gray - 7
More of an attacking threat. Makes one to many mistakes for me but love his passion.

Paul Hanlon - 8
On form he is our best defender. So consistent. Not been as good since coming back from injury though.

Darren Mcgregor - 7
Very reliable defender. Not the best form at the moment and his distribution from the back sometimes has been shocking.

Liam Fontaine - 6
Average compared to last season. Too many mistakes. On form is a very good defender. His conversion rate from corners is awful!

Niklas Gunarsson - 6
Not seen much of him. Looked reliable when called into action. Good back up. Would like to see hibs sign him in the summer.

Marvin Bartley - 9
Bartley has been immense. So consistent. Probaly been our most consistent palyer of the season. Great signing!

Fraser Fyvie - 6
Not a big fan of him. You may disagree but I'm a bit underwhelmed whenever he plays. Still has sparks of talent though.

Dylan Mcgeoch - 7
Too many injuries but is very good when he does play and I think we miss him.

John Mcginn - 9
On form he is the best player in the league. Form dropped recently but still a superb talent. Hope we hold on to him.

Liam Henderson - 8
Future celtic star. Been consistently good all season. Occasionally tries one trick too many. Would like him for another year.

Kevin Thompson - 5
Past it for me. Slows the game down. Still can pick out a good pass though.

Jason Cummings - 8
Daft but clinical. Ups and downs for jason this season but its nice that Hibs have a 20+ goals a season striker. That's in the championship though. Can see him gone in the summer.

Anthony Stokes - 7
Been decent while back at Hibs. Not had the best service. Great work ethic even in this league. Very talented when in full flow.

Martin Boyle - 7
"Squirrel" has changed games when coming on for us this season but never seems to impress when he starts. Super sub.

James Keatings - 5
Great start to his hibs career but gone downhill from there. Nothing is going right for him. While on form he is a great striker.

Chris Dagnall - 4
Not been given much of a chance but really disappointing when he is played. Dissatisfied as he was clinical down in England.

Farid El injury - [emoji29] [emoji29] [emoji29]

What are your thoughts on the team this season?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Super_JMcGinn
18-04-2016, 07:11 PM
As we are coming to the end of an "interesting" season which can still end in glory I thought I would give my thoughts on the team this season.

Oxley - 5
Disappointing season for the Ox. It seems like nearly every shot goes past him. Still have a wee bit of faith in him though.

Conrad Logan - 10
Saturday may have been a fluke but the big man deserves a mention for a incredible performance.

Lewis Stevenson - 6
Average. Doesn't cause enough threat going forward. Liability at the back sometimes but can use his pace to get him out of sticky situations... sometimes.

David Gray - 7
More of an attacking threat. Makes one to many mistakes for me but love his passion.

Paul Hanlon - 8
On form he is our best defender. So consistent. Not been as good since coming back from injury though.

Darren Mcgregor - 7
Very reliable defender. Not the best form at the moment and his distribution from the back sometimes has been shocking.

Liam Fontaine - 6
Average compared to last season. Too many mistakes. On form is a very good defender. His conversion rate from corners is awful!

Niklas Gunarsson - 6
Not seen much of him. Looked reliable when called into action. Good back up. Would like to see hibs sign him in the summer.

Marvin Bartley - 9
Bartley has been immense. So consistent. Probaly been our most consistent palyer of the season. Great signing!

Fraser Fyvie - 6
Not a big fan of him. You may disagree but I'm a bit underwhelmed whenever he plays. Still has sparks of talent though.

Dylan Mcgeoch - 7

John Mcginn - 9
On form he is the best player in the league. Form dropped recently but still a superb talent. Hope we hold on to him.

Liam Henderson - 8
Future celtic star. Been consistently good all season. Occasionally tries one trick too many. Would like him for another year.

Kevin Thompson - 5

Jason Cummings - 8
Daft but clinical. Ups and downs for jason this season but its nice that Hibs have a 20+ goals a season striker. That's in the championship though. Can see him gone in the summer.

Anthony Stokes - 7
Been decent while back at Hibs. Not had the best service. Great work ethic even in this league. Very talented when in full flow.

Martin Boyle - 7
"Squirrel" has changed games when coming on for us this season but never seems to impress when he starts. Super sub.

James Keatings - 5
Great start to his hibs career but gone downhill from there. Nothing is going right for him. While on form he is a great striker.

Chris Dagnall - 4
Not been given much of a chance but really disappointing when he is played. Dissatisfied as he was clinical down in England.

I think you have Hanlon and Lewy's marks mixed up :confused:

churchie16
18-04-2016, 07:23 PM

Oxley - 5

Conrad Logan - 10

Lewis Stevenson - 6

David Gray - 7

Paul Hanlon - 8

Darren Mcgregor - 7

Liam Fontaine - 6

Niklas Gunarsson - 6

Marvin Bartley - 9

Fraser Fyvie - 6

Dylan Mcgeoch - 7

John Mcginn - 9

Liam Henderson - 8

Kevin Thompson - 5

Jason Cummings - 8

Anthony Stokes - 7

Martin Boyle - 7

James Keatings - 5

Chris Dagnall - 4

Yip pretty much spot on 👍 Would maybe give mcrgregor a 8 or 9 cause up until the last few weeks he has been different class! And think when on form fyvie is a real asset just hope he comes back to top form because I think he has made a difference since coming back!

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Fyvie has had 1 bad game all season, never a 6.

Hibernian Verse
18-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Lewi Stevenson gets the same rating as Gunnarsson? Wtf?

alihibs1
18-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Lewi Stevenson gets the same rating as Gunnarsson? Wtf?

What's he done all season?

Hibernian Verse
18-04-2016, 07:47 PM

Apart from being our joint highest assister? For someone who you believe doesn't get forward enough that is quite an amazing statistic. Also I presume you didn't see the game on Saturday?

Don't let that get in the way of putting one of our stand out players down though.

hibsbollah
18-04-2016, 07:51 PM
A reasonable assessment. Brave of you to post it, there's always going to be folk queueing up to have a go at you!

alihibs1
18-04-2016, 08:03 PM
Apart from being our joint highest assister? For someone who you believe doesn't get forward enough that is quite an amazing statistic. Also I presume you didn't see the game on Saturday?

Don't let that get in the way of putting one of our stand out players down though.

Stubbs should play him LM then as he gets ripped apart too much down the oppositions right hand side. Eg Raith away

CallumLaidlaw
18-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Gray has not had a great season. Certainly not as influential as Stevenson.

18-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Gray has not had a great season. Certainly not as influential as Stevenson.

Gray was excellent last season but this season not so much

Jonnyboy
18-04-2016, 08:59 PM

Perhaps more to the point, what has Gunnarson done?

Stantons Angel
18-04-2016, 10:07 PM

The original poster has posted marks for players as HE sees them........ i dont agree either how he has cast his account of Lewis, but i never will !

I dont agree with his ratings overall either but i know that this is ONE person only and its his view. Whether its right or wrong is up to him.

PS Id give lewis a 10/10 myself but then again im biased!!!

pacoluna
19-04-2016, 07:40 AM
The original poster has posted marks for players as HE sees them........ i dont agree either how he has cast his account of Lewis, but i never will !

I dont agree with his ratings overall either but i know that this is ONE person only and its his view. Whether its right or wrong is up to him.

I will say one thing for lewis he is consistent.. consistently average which giving the past few seasons has been acceptable.

flash
19-04-2016, 07:44 AM
I think you have Hanlon and Lewy's marks mixed up :confused:

Now there's a shock.

Fergus52
19-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Stevenson has had a far better season than gray. the OPs rating for him appears to be based upon last season.

Neither have been perfect defensively but I can think of more times that Gray has been caught out of position and Stevenson has way more assists.

Fergus52
19-04-2016, 10:15 AM

Yeah, and surely he's seen the amount of assists Lewis has and the amount of goals that he has been involved in the build up play for down our left hand side

SlickShoes
19-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Lewis Stevenson defense force springs in to action again. You better up your mark for Lewis because you will be accused of abusing him if you don't rate him as highly as his supporters.

I like Lewis the person, I think he hasn't been a 6 this season, probably a 7.

The post is one persons opinion and he's also asking for yours, so post yours don't just berate him for not having the same favourite player as you.

SeanWilson
19-04-2016, 11:00 AM

Oxley - 5 (maybe give him a 6, when the team was settled earlier in the year, he didn't have to do much and dealt with what he needed to, since the bad run, he's gone back to suspect and i don't trust him at all, defence must have questions about him being last man)

Conrad Logan - 10 (LOL fair enough, i'll give him a 10 for his one match!)

Lewis Stevenson - 6 (Yeah, does what he is being asked to do reasonably well. Some real highs for him this year though and far more inclined to try and get to the byline/cross in to the box than step inside - 7)

David Gray - 7 (not for me, he's a great player on his day but to many injuries and not consistent enough. If he could get back to putting good balls in the box then he'd be a 7)

Paul Hanlon - 8 (back to where he was a few year back, very assured and looks able to command the defence again. 7)

Darren Mcgregor - 7 (like him but not a 7, still makes daft calls and communication with partner at the back can be suspect. Had a half decent game on Saturday but has been guilty of being the man standing watching as his team mates try to cover - 5)

Liam Fontaine - 6 (I really dont rate fonts, For a big lad, i'd never bet on him to win a header and he can be dragged all over the place at the back. 5)

Niklas Gunarsson - 6 (i'd give a 4 but only because i've not really seen him in a full back much and when played in a back three, seemed to want to be a full back, causing problems for defenders)

Marvin Bartley - 9 (yeah - my first name on the team sheet. His ability to break up play and provide cover is superb. I'm not sure if he's always carrying an injury or just losing legs though as tires in every match around 70 mins - 9)

Fraser Fyvie - 6 (don't see what the fuss is about with FF, nowhere near as good as Bartley at the hard man role and more often than not loses posession when trying to do something flashy. Also injured for quite a bit - 5)

Dylan Mcgeoch - 7 (4. Great player, never available)

John Mcginn - 9 (7 - great player, however needs to learn how to keep it simple at times. Absolutely wondeful to watch when he's on it but when he's having an off one and his stuff isnt clicking, it causes the team problems)

Liam Henderson - 8 (7 - see Mcginn, although he never stops trying and gives 100% ever second on the pitch)

Kevin Thompson - 5 (3 - not even decent cover, no idea why he's back in our playing squad)

Jason Cummings - 8 (7 - cant fault his goal record but he is way to big for his boots and needs to add to his game. Has the ability to win a game out of nothing but far to often does absolutely naff all - bar score :greengrin)

Anthony Stokes - 7 (6- lovely touches and shows quality, does a lot more work than JC and tries to influence the game. Hasn't scored enough or shown enough in a league that he should be showboating in)

Martin Boyle - 7 (7 - hit or a miss but always seem to want it when given a chance and lvoe the injection of pace, needs to work on passing and end product)

James Keatings - 5 (6 - think he is a good intelligent footballer who is being played out of position when he gets a chance)

Chris Dagnall - 4 (2- no idea what he brings to the team. Been absent every time he's had a chance)

Farid El injury - [emoji29] [emoji29] [emoji29] (feel for the big fella bit FFS)

my thoughts.

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Ok, rather than disagree with the OP, I'll share my scores.

Oxley - 6 - Not as bad as has been made out. I think he's actually been better this season than last, and was fairly solid for the first half of the season. A couple of errors in the 2nd half have caused people to remember most of his decent work earlier in the season.

Conrad Logan - N/A - 1 swallow does not make a summer so would be unfair on him or anyone else to base his score on 1 game.

Lewis Stevenson - 7
Solid. Decent number of assists, always gives 100%, and covers that whole left side for 90 minutes.

David Gray - 6
Has had a poor season compared to last. Hasn't looked fully fit.

Paul Hanlon - 8
Solid this season. Hope he signs a new deal. Has been missed when out.

Darren Mcgregor - 6.5
Looked like signing of the season when he first came in, but has been off the boil of late.

Liam Fontaine - 6
Another who has gone backwards from last season, but that may be down to injuries and not getting a regular run in the team.

Niklas Gunarsson - 6
Has always looked decent enough when called upon. Would have liked to have seen more of him.

Marvin Bartley - 8
Came in and couldn't quite get a regular place but since January he has been simply outstanding and has been a contender for MOTM nearly every game.

Fraser Fyvie - 6
Good player thats been missed but seems to need a run of games to get to good form and hasn't always managed that this year with injuries.

Dylan Mcgeoch - 6
Probably our most important player but far too injury prone to have had the desired effect this season.

John Mcginn - 8
Super John Mcginn has just been John Mcginn for the last couple of months. Seems jaded, and also wasted when out on the left hand side. Was inspirational early on tho, especially in the big matches.

Liam Henderson - 7
Slow start to his Hibs time, and got dropped for a while but took his chance when he got back in and his passion shines through.

Kevin Thompson - 5.5
Stood tall in the games against Hearts, but tends to slow games down to much, and I can't let him off for that slack pass in the cup final.

Jason Cummings - 7.5
Impossible to argue with his goals, but still al ong way from the finished article. Has definitely improved as a player in the last 2 seasons tho.

Anthony Stokes - 6.5
Not the goal a game we were all expecting, but has had a reasonable return. Took a while to get to match fitness but certainly seems to be working hard.

Martin Boyle - 6
Game changer at times from the bench but looks lost at times when starting. Definition of a supersub.

James Keatings - 5
Looked like we'd gained from Hearts mistake, but a loss of confidence and being played out of position has caused him to be invisible in games at times.

Chris Dagnall - 3
Looked good in his first game but being unable to find the net has really knocked the stuffing out of him and he doesnt look like he'd score if he played 90 mins every week. Hard to be effective in fleeting appearances tho.

Farid El Alagui - 2 - The most frustrating of all. Could be such an important player for us but his appearance on Saturday summed up his whole hibs career.

Brightside
19-04-2016, 11:15 AM

Oxley - 6 - Not as bad as has been made out. I think he's actually been better this season than last, and was fairly solid for the first half of the season. A couple of errors in the 2nd half have caused people to remember most of his decent work earlier in the season.

Conrad Logan - N/A - 1 swallow does not make a summer so would be unfair on him or anyone else to base his score on 1 game.

Lewis Stevenson - 7
Solid. Decent number of assists, always gives 100%, and covers that whole left side for 90 minutes.

David Gray - 6

Paul Hanlon - 8

Darren Mcgregor - 6.5
Looked like signing of the season when he first came in, but has been off the boil of late.

Liam Fontaine - 6
Another who has gone backwards from last season, but that may be down to injuries and not getting a regular run in the team.

Niklas Gunarsson - 6
Has always looked decent enough when called upon. Would have liked to have seen more of him.

Marvin Bartley - 8
Came in and couldn't quite get a regular place but since January he has been simply outstanding and has been a contender for MOTM nearly every game.

Fraser Fyvie - 6
Good player thats been missed but seems to need a run of games to get to good form and hasn't always managed that this year with injuries.

Dylan Mcgeoch - 6
Probably our most important player but far too injury prone to have had the desired effect this season.

John Mcginn - 8
Super John Mcginn has just been John Mcginn for the last couple of months. Seems jaded, and also wasted when out on the left hand side. Was inspirational early on tho, especially in the big matches.

Liam Henderson - 7
Slow start to his Hibs time, and got dropped for a while but took his chance when he got back in and his passion shines through.

Kevin Thompson - 5.5
Stood tall in the games against Hearts, but tends to slow games down to much, and I can't let him off for that slack pass in the cup final.

Jason Cummings - 7.5
Impossible to argue with his goals, but still al ong way from the finished article. Has definitely improved as a player in the last 2 seasons tho.

Anthony Stokes - 6.5
Not the goal a game we were all expecting, but has had a reasonable return. Took a while to get to match fitness but certainly seems to be working hard.

Martin Boyle - 6
Game changer at times from the bench but looks lost at times when starting. Definition of a supersub.

James Keatings - 5
Looked like we'd gained from Hearts mistake, but a loss of confidence and being played out of position has caused him to be invisible in games at times.

Chris Dagnall - 3
Looked good in his first game but being unable to find the net has really knocked the stuffing out of him and he doesnt look like he'd score if he played 90 mins every week. Hard to be effective in fleeting appearances tho.

Farid El Alagui - 2 - The most frustrating of all. Could be such an important player for us but his appearance on Saturday summed up his whole hibs career.

I'd agree with almost all of that....fair summary.

Mili Tant
19-04-2016, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=MWHIBBIES;4653603]Fyvie has had 1 bad game after another all season, never a 6.:aok:
Sorted

PiemanP
19-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Oxley - 4. No real howlers but I just don't think he's a good GK.

Lewis - 6. As always 110% effort, but effort alone doesn't win games and this season particularly he's not been good enough going forward.

Hanlon - 8. I think he's getting better and better. Calm and composed and good on the ball.

McGregor - 7. A good addition and generally solid, although has been prone to a few costly mistakes.

Gray - 6. Set the bar very high last year but hasn't matched those standards. I often think he may not be fully fit.

McGinn - 8. 4 year contract. Well done to whoever negotiated that. First half of the season he was a 10/10 but looks to be running out of steam.

Bartley - 8. Unsung hero. The player we've been crying out for for years.

Fyvie - 6. Hot and cold when fit. Needs to add more goals to his game and cut out the mistakes.

McGeouch - 7. Usually the best player on the park when fit. The problem is he's rarely fit.

Henderson - 7. Quality player and gives his all. I do think in the championship he should have a few more goals to his name.

Boyle - 5. I think we need to find a position for him to thrive.

Jason - 8. Goals speak for themselves. Needs to work harder on being a team player though. Still needs to mature a lot too.

Stokes - 6. Hasn't been nearly as good as he could or should have been.

Dagnall - 4. We traded Malonga for him??

Fontaine - 5. Not had the best of seasons.

Keatings - 5. Thought we had a real player on our hands when he hit a purple patch early on in the season, but I've been a bit disappointed since. Bit unlucky with his amount of game time recently.

Fergus52
19-04-2016, 12:35 PM

Lewis Stevenson - 7

David Gray - 6

Paul Hanlon - 8

Darren Mcgregor - 6.5

Liam Fontaine - 6

Niklas Gunarsson - 6

Marvin Bartley - 8

Fraser Fyvie - 6

Dylan Mcgeoch - 6

John Mcginn - 8

Liam Henderson - 7

Kevin Thompson - 5.5

Jason Cummings - 7.5

Anthony Stokes - 6.5

Martin Boyle - 6

James Keatings - 5

Chris Dagnall - 3

pretty much my thoughts

MWHIBBIES
19-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Sorted
Well no because it isn't true.

Always blows my mind how little people actually understand about football. If a midfielder doesn't smash people or score 15 goals he is rubbish. Fyvie is an excellent player with big potential, really hope people realize that and we don't lose him.