PDA

View Full Version : Oxley in versus Rangers...

Pages : [1] 2

Hibby soldier
18-04-2016, 05:41 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/oxley-to-get-nod-over-logan-for-hibs-clash-with-rangers-1-4103728

Monts
18-04-2016, 05:44 PM
A mistake IMO

cabbageandribs1875
18-04-2016, 05:45 PM
not surprised

ekhibee
18-04-2016, 05:46 PM
I hope that's NOT true. Unless Stubbs is wanting to use Logan as some kind of secret weapon and save him for the final...

AugustaHibs
18-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Surely not....

KWJ
18-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Huge mistake.

It's unlikely Logan would ever have another game quite as flawless as Saturday but he earned the right to play on Tuesday. I don't mind Oxley but you have got to go with the hot hands.

Stubbs isn't going to get away with this one quietly me thinks and could be made to regret the decision.

And in the worst position is Oxley who is on a hiding to nothing.

Pretty Boy
18-04-2016, 05:48 PM
The quote 'as long as Mark is available he will be back in' is a bit concerning.

I'm aware there is context but that shouldn't be the case for any player imo.

Nowt against Oxley, I've both praised and criticised him. Stubbs has heaped huge pressure on him now though.

scooby
18-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Bad decision from Stubbs, sends out completely the wrong message to Oxley.
If I was Logan I'd be p****d.

Westie1875
18-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Utterly ridiculous decision if this is true.

Lee Marvin
18-04-2016, 05:52 PM
I'll lose all remaining faith in stubbs if oxley is back in.

I'd actually feel sorry for mark as he is literally on a hiding to nothing unless he has his best ever game for us. The pressure on him will be immense, which can't be a good thing.

Iceman1875
18-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Not too happy with this if true!

At Easter Road we play...

I'm_cabbaged
18-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Fact of the matter is we'd have been beaten on Saturday if oxley had been in goal. Stubbs can GTF as far as I'm concerned

macca70
18-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Madness if true, Wednesday provides a fantastic opportunity to let Logan experience playing against them in the horrible, vile atmosphere they generate.

Also gives the fans a chance to show there appreciation after his heroics on Saturday.

This is a perfect opportunity to give a new keeper a chance at a time we have been fighting amongst ourselves about whether OX should be dropped.

Maybe Stubbsy wants to keep Logan out the limelight and throw him back in for the final.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2016, 05:55 PM
I'll lose all remaining faith in stubbs if oxley is back in.

I'd actually feel sorry for mark as he is literally on a hiding to nothing unless he has his best ever game for us. The pressure on him will be immense, which can't be a good thing.

:agree: he'll have a lot of folk on his case waiting for the slightest thing to blame him for.

Logan should start.

kev1875
18-04-2016, 05:57 PM
So his reason for putting him back in is because " he's my number one" Forget the fact he's been poor for 3 months now and has IMO contributed to our form as it's clear to see the defence has no confidence in him either. You only have to see the sheer panic from our back 4 every time the opposition get near our box to know that. ***** decision

Hiber-nation
18-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Well if he is back in then hopefully the fans will give him 100% backing from the start. It's not Oxley's fault that Logan was brilliant on Saturday.

MyJo
18-04-2016, 05:59 PM
If this happens both Stubbs and Oxley will get ripped to shreds if we lose.

1875M
Logan deserves the gloves and should be his to lose imo. Disappointed if Oxley starts and I feel it's the wrong decision

SeanWilson
Fact of the matter is we'd have been beaten on Saturday if oxley had been in goal. Stubbs can GTF as far as I'm concerned

as much as this is completely unknown... i tend to agree... No way Oxley makes any of those saves IMO. Perhaps the pens as he's shown himself to be decent at them but the one on ones during the game, Oxley goes to ground rather making himself big like Logan.

Dinkydoo
18-04-2016, 06:00 PM
What incentive is there for anyone being drafted into the starting 11 to work their arse off when you can have a perfect game and still not retain the position in the following game?

It's as if Stubbs is trying his hardest to make it look like he isn't one to make knee-jerk changes to his tactics (diamond formation) and team selection (latterly, Boyle) in a bid to demonstrate that he knows exactly what he's doing. Actually, for me, all it does is make me have even less confidence in him.

Keith_M
18-04-2016, 06:02 PM
The quote 'as long as Mark is available he will be back in' is a bit concerning.

I'm aware there is context but that shouldn't be the case for any player imo.

Nowt against Oxley, I've both praised and criticised him. Stubbs has heaped huge pressure on him now though.

That concerns me as well.

Sounds very closed minded.

hfc rd
18-04-2016, 06:03 PM
You're surely having a f****** laugh Stubbs!

Crazy to drop Conrad. Plus a big must win game tomorrow if we want 2nd spot.

sleeping giant
18-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Surely Logan's performance merits his place ?

What type of message is that to the fringe players ?

I'll be surprised if Oxley starts the next match .

cabbageandribs1875
18-04-2016, 06:05 PM
no reward for tubbsy from stubbsy :(

bingo70
18-04-2016, 06:06 PM
I wonder if Logan just isn't fit enough for our schedule between now and the end of the season so Stubbs knows he'll need to use him sparingly.

Thecat23
18-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Sorry he's got this very wrong if it's true. I'm not an Oxley hater but after that performance from Logan on Sat he has to start. If Ox does have a poor game and now there's more pressure on him then the fans will go mental.

silverhibee
18-04-2016, 06:08 PM
:agree: he'll have a lot of folk on his case waiting for the slightest thing to blame him for.

Logan should start.

I think he will, sometimes you just don't believe everything the manager says to the press.

Big lad would be gutted to lose his place after Saturday's performance.

And Oxley could have no complaints if he did get dropped.

sleeping giant
18-04-2016, 06:08 PM
I agree that it's a bad decision but we've not seen Conrad jump up to save yet so he may not be the best as that. But still a bad decision.

Jump up and save ? He dealt with everything that was thrown at him on Saturday.

I'm_cabbaged
18-04-2016, 06:09 PM
as much as this is completely unknown... i tend to agree... No way Oxley makes any of those saves IMO. Perhaps the pens as he's shown himself to be decent at them but the one on ones during the game, Oxley goes to ground rather making himself big like Logan.

Oxley would've been standing on his line waiting for a shot for the one on ones. If stokes or Cummings had been suspended and the replacement had scored 4 goals would he have been dropped? That's what Logan basically did!!!!

Franck Stanton
IF Oxley does play on Wed then that must rate as one of the worst decisions EVER made by Stubbs. He totally contradicts himself in the article, first he says " as long as Mark is here he is my No 1" them goes on to say " every player is playing for his place " ? WTF ? If he picks an outfield player who has an outstanding game in his position, surely he retains his place in the starting 11, as , after all, he was replacing an off-form player in the first place. So, given that, why do the rules change just because it is a goalkeeper we are talking about ? It's not as if Oxley is such an outstanding keeper in the first place. Total madness not to start with Logan, total madness.

ShinyFantastic
Shocking. Truly shocking

hibbypostie
maybe it will be the kick up the butt Oxley has needed for a while if not Stubbsy will need one

emerald green
18-04-2016, 06:10 PM
"As long as Mark is available, he will be back in" Stubbs is quoted as saying. He cannot mean that literally? :confused:

What if Oxley plays really badly? He then has to lose his place surely?

I wonder what Stubbs has said to Logan about this decision? It's a really strange one IMHO.

Salt N Sauzee
First clean sheet we've kept since god knows when and Stubbs can't wait to drop the man responsible. What will that do to Conrads confidence? What has he got to do to get the run he clearly deserves?

Stubbs can be so frustrating at times.

Callum7
Jump up and save ? He dealt with everything that was thrown at him on Saturday.

Most shots on the ground none that he needed to jump up for.

SeanWilson
18-04-2016, 06:11 PM
I agree that it's a bad decision but we've not seen Conrad jump up to save yet so he may not be the best as that.(gravitational pull) But still a bad decision.

Oxley may be more agile than Logan, however agility is completely useless when you're ***** at goalkeeping.

cmcd
18-04-2016, 06:11 PM
You're surely having a f****** laugh Stubbs!

Crazy to drop Conrad. Plus a big must win game tomorrow if we want 2nd spot.

The game is ON Wednesday

hibee_girl
18-04-2016, 06:12 PM

He got up well to punch away one of their corners

hfc rd
18-04-2016, 06:13 PM
The game is ON Wednesday

Oops 😜

Callum7
18-04-2016, 06:14 PM
He got up well to punch away one of their corners

Good point actually, forget everything I said I've changed my mind.

adhibs
18-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Unsurprising

Ronniekirk
18-04-2016, 06:15 PM

If its true you would be right about closed mind
Conrad was out organising and shouting at the defence from early doors and considering he isn't match fit he was surprisingly agile and not afraid to come off his line and into a ruck of players and collect or punch the ball
No guarantee he would of produced that form again , but he certainly deserves to keep the gloves imo
Who is starting the Petition to reinstate him , not a great Birthday Present for the Big Man if True

sleeping giant
18-04-2016, 06:15 PM

I'm assuming you are just playing devils advocate :greengrin:

When is the last time Hibs fans have raved about a keepers performance ?
He might not be the messiah but he should keep his place .
All the fringe players would then know that if they perform like that when required they would get in the team.

I don't believe Oxley will start.
I think that would be a terrible , almost unforgivable , decision.

Diclonius
18-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Ridiculous decision. I've always defended Oxley's record on here but he is a bang average keeper. Logan proved on Saturday that he is NOT an average keeper and is something special.

Therefore, he should play ahead of Oxley, who has done nothing to suggest he is near the level of goalkeeping we saw at the weekend. Could you see Oxley saving any of their one on ones? One at best?

I don't understand that at all and all this is doing is putting Stubbs and Oxley under even more pressure not to make mistakes.

Callum7
18-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Mind games?:confused:

Ronniekirk
18-04-2016, 06:21 PM

If its true you would be right about closed mind
Conrad was out organising and shouting at the defence from early doors and considering he isn't match fit he was surprisingly agile and not afraid to come off his line and into a ruck of players and collect or punch the ball
No guarantee he would of produced that form again , but he certainly deserves to keep the gloves imo
Who is starting the Petition to reinstate him , not a great Birthday Present for the Big Man if True

Fergus52
18-04-2016, 06:21 PM
I rate Stubbs but he's far too loyal to his idea of our strongest XI, even to the point of burning them out.

wookie70
18-04-2016, 06:23 PM
I think it is a very dangerous decision from Stubbs. He was on a wee bit of a shoogly hook with elements of the support. He is given a perfect opportunity to change GK from an out of form and often criticised Oxley and looks like he is going to revert to Ox. To me he will put Oxley and himself under a huge amount of unnecessary pressure if he does. Apart from that Logan just deserves to stay in. He saved 7 shots on Sunday without conceding a goal. It has been a long time since Oxley had stats like that. On top of that the defense may gain some confidence from a keeper who has went 120 mins without conceding. The Ox hasn't managed a clean sheet for around 2 months against some very poor opposition.

Logan has to start. He has put the smile back on a few faces and seems to have a bit of character which we will dearly need in the run in. Big gamble for Stubbs putting the Ox back in.

hibees 7062

:top marks

Winston Ingram
No problem for me

Big L
18-04-2016, 06:24 PM
I've been on Oxley case since he arrived, never ever thought he was good enough. If he has another stinker on Wed the fans will be right on his case.

snooky
18-04-2016, 06:28 PM
I rate Stubbs but he's far too loyal to his idea of our strongest XI, even to the point of burning them out.

This site is littered with complaints about Oxley and very few about his brilliance. If he was reasonably sound then there would be no grumbles about him playing in the final. Somehow it feels like were dropping a Goram and putting a Zib back in - well, not as bad as that, but you get my drift. :wink:

Hibs07p
18-04-2016, 06:30 PM
If true, one way to alienate an already fragile support. Hulk has done enough in one game to keep the gloves from Oxley, and deserves the opportunity to prove it's not a one off game in a lifetime he's just had. Stubbs better hope that the Ox has the game of his career on Wednesday or the knives could be out.

GGTTH

The_Horde
I'm no Oxley fan, by all accounts. But if Stubbs hasn't dropped him for poor form then he can't just keep Logan in cos he had a good game.

He hasn't dropped him for poor form, so Ox comes back in until he does have a stinker. And the bear will be ready to pounce.

matty_f
I can see the logic - the bar's been set now, and Stubbs has a clear message for Oxley - show you're good enough or we've got someone who can come in.

Sergey
18-04-2016, 06:35 PM
This site is littered with complaints about Oxley and very few about his brilliance. If he was reasonably sound then there would be no grumbles about him playing in the final. Somehow it feels like were dropping a Goram and putting a Zib back in - well, not as bad as that, but you get my drift. :wink:

Hmm - Surely having Oxley and brilliance in the same sentence is what's known as an oxleymoron?

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2016, 06:35 PM
If Stubbsy wants to make it as a manager he has to be able to balance loyalty to his players and judging who is going to do the best job for him and the team. Oxley has been steady without being spectacular ..... Logan was outstanding and commanded his area in a way Oxley doesn't, he made 3 or 4 saves I couldn't see Oxley making.

In short Logan did enough on Saturday to keep the number one spot, at least until he proves that display was just a flash in the pan ...... if it wasn't we have got ourselves an excellent keeper, or at the very least one who is better than Oxley.

IMO our manager has made a decision here that could not only backfire on him big time, but could also backfire on Mark Oxley because lets face it, he now has competition from a keeper we have actually seen play and play well, his every mistake, missed cross, missed corner or failed save will be accompanied by ... ' I bet Logan would have got to that '

BroxburnHibee
18-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Not surprised in the least if true. Just the latest in a long line of bizarre decisions lately.

Wait and see if it's true.

hibee
18-04-2016, 06:38 PM
I don't think this decision was a surprise.

Is Logan fit enough to play 2 games in a few days?

Maybe he can work on his fitness and come in for the playoffs and final.

SteveHFC
18-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Shocking decision by Stubbs.

Big_Franck
18-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Stubbs is putting himself and Oxley under huge pressure if he brings Oxley back in. Being kind he's been average of late and the big man was outstanding on Saturday.

The big man should keep the gloves.

hibbydad
18-04-2016, 06:42 PM
If Stubbs plays Oxley on Wed it convinces me that Stubbs is not the man to manage our club

Waxy
18-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Surely he wont play Oxley. Logans instantly made us much more secure at the back just at the right time. Nah i refuse to believe he'll play Oxley.

J-C
18-04-2016, 06:48 PM
The fact that Stubbs is quite happy to put Oxley back in after Logan's display, just shows his stubbornness again, he has shown loyalty far too often this season with certain players off form, it seems he hasn't the balls to make tough decisions but in management, these decisions are needed and you'll get nowhere in the game if you can't make them.

hibeerealist
18-04-2016, 06:49 PM
So his reason for putting him back in is because " he's my number one" Forget the fact he's been poor for 3 months now and has IMO contributed to our form as it's clear to see the defence has no confidence in him either. You only have to see the sheer panic from our back 4 every time the opposition get near our box to know that. ***** decision

AND large percentage of the fans, sorry but do not rate Oxley at all. IF Stubbs does put him in it will place loads a pressure on Oxley and it could turn out very badly for us all.

The_Horde
18-04-2016, 06:51 PM
AND large percentage of the fans, sorry but do not rate Oxley at all. IF Stubbs does put him in it will place loads a pressure on Oxley and it could turn out very badly for us all.

And if your number one can't deal with a bit pressure. He doesn't deserve to be.

MyJo
18-04-2016, 06:51 PM

He's a keeper, its not like he's going to be running box to box for 90 minutes.

gorgie greens
18-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Think Stubbs has lost the plot , I very much doubt Oxley would have saved all those 1 on 1's let alone the penalties, feel it may cost Stubbs his job if it goes wrong

Eyrie
18-04-2016, 06:52 PM
I'm not surprised by Stubbs' decision but I am disappointed.

squire
18-04-2016, 06:55 PM
If Oxley had played on Saturday there is no way we would be looking forward to the Final. Penalty saves aside, Logan's 1 on 1 saves were inspirational. I don't think I have seen Oxley have that presence let alone getting down to save from Rankin. Oxley is a sieve and everything always seems to end up in the net, even in one appearance Logan makes our team look like a solid team throughout.

StevieC
18-04-2016, 06:58 PM
I'm disappointed Logan hasn't retained the gloves .. but ..

Looking at it from another point of view ..

If Logan has any weaknesses (and we are yet to see any), would we want them to be seen in a game against the team we are now going to be playing in the cup final?

HibsNutter
18-04-2016, 07:00 PM
I want to know why, what does Oxley give us? I've seen no evidence that he's a better shot stopper than Logan, or a better organiser, or a better character to have a big game. Oxley is going to have to give a big performance to justify this, so hopefully he will up his game with the increased competition.

But I'm sad that Logan's performance isn't going to be rewarded. That was probably the best performance in goals from a hibs keeper that I've seen since the turn of the century - on his debut and first game in over a year - but he won't play the next game? Complete and utter bollocks.

Edit:

Also seems that Oxley will play remaining games this season going by Stubbs' comments, probably the final, too. Shame.

paddy1875
18-04-2016, 07:01 PM
In the whole time at the club I cannot remember mark oxley rushing out in a one on one situation and making himself big diving at the feet of a striker.

Stubbs might just be talking rubbish so not to knock oxleys confidence. But if he is being serious and oxley starts the game on Wednesday night it could all go so horribly wrong for both oxley and Stubbs.

With the Rangers being the best team in the league, they will have a lot of shots at goal. Even a small error from oxley could change the atmosphere at Easter road.

pacoluna
18-04-2016, 07:02 PM

I dont care if he's 25 stone and blowing out his arse as long as he keeps a clean sheet and commands his box.. his job is to keep the ball out the net not run around the feild for 90 mins.

Dashing Bob S
18-04-2016, 07:04 PM
Terrible, almost pitiful mistake from Stubbs. Loyalty is all very well, but football is a performance sport, and when you drop somebody who turned in one like that, you send the message that you play favourites.

3pm
18-04-2016, 07:05 PM
I'd have kept Logan in but Oxley has genuine competition for the 1st time.

Let's see how he responds.

ancient hibee
In the whole time at the club I cannot remember mark oxley rushing out in a one on one situation and making himself big diving at the feet of a striker.

Stubbs might just be talking rubbish so not to knock oxleys confidence. But if he is being serious and oxley starts the game on Wednesday night it could all go so horribly wrong for both oxley and Stubbs.

With the Rangers being the best team in the league, they will have a lot of shots at goal. Even a small error from oxley could change the atmosphere at Easter road.

Reading your first sentence I can only say you're not watching.

sleeping giant

If Logan has any weaknesses (and we are yet to see any), would we want them to be seen in a game against the team we are now going to be playing in the cup final?

Surely his strengths he has just displayed outweighs the possible weaknesses he might not have ?

Super_JMcGinn
18-04-2016, 07:07 PM
The fact that Stubbs is quite happy to put Oxley back in after Logan's display, just shows his stubbornness again, he has shown loyalty far too often this season with certain players off form, it seems he hasn't the balls to make tough decisions but in management, these decisions are needed and you'll get nowhere in the game if you can't make them.
That's my take on it too, fair enough he is an inexperienced coach but it seems he is too stubborn to learn from his previous mistakes. He tinkered with the team when it was unnecessary imo and failed to do it when it was glaringly obvious.

Springbank
18-04-2016, 07:07 PM
I am one of the few in recent weeks to have retained faith in Stubbs (I always believe he could be special & the cup would cement an immortality at Easter Road)

However, I do think he only sees half the picture at times. Wednesday is the perfect opportunity to gain the psychological advantage & get a bandwagon rolling, building on the Logan vs Dundee Utd semi.

If oxley causes an early goal (the usual, not coming for crosses) then bang goes the feelgood.

Self inflicted & unnecessary situation / problem

For a guy who could be special (my view), who has taken us to both finals and has just won the Scottish Cup semi, this thread is powerful evidence that there are concerns with Stubbs decision making.

Wednesday is a great chance to galvanise Hibs and get into Rangers heads. Not sure Stubbs is seeing that

Seekyit
18-04-2016, 07:09 PM

Yep.

Logan made some good saves on Saturday but it took him along time to get back on his feet. Admittedly I do wonder if Oxley would have made those saves in the first place.

I hope Logan gets fit.

ancient hibee
18-04-2016, 07:12 PM
I am one of the few in recent weeks to have retained faith in Stubbs (I always believe he could be special & the cup would cement an immortality at Easter Road)

However, I do think he only sees half the picture at times. Wednesday is the perfect opportunity to gain the psychological advantage & get a bandwagon rolling, building on the Logan vs Dundee Utd semi.

If oxley causes an early goal (the usual, not coming for crosses) then bang goes the feelgood.

For a guy who could be special (my view), who has taken us to both finals and has just won the Scottish Cup semi, this thread is powerful evidence that there are concerns with Stubbs decision making.

Wednesday is a great chance to galvanise Hibs and get into Rangers heads. Not sure Stubbs is seeing that

Or Oxley goes out and plays the game of his life.Who can tell.

pacoluna
18-04-2016, 07:13 PM

my thoughts exactly

hibeeleicester
18-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Sorry but nobody can justify this decision. Clueless.

I am a big fan of Stubbs however he seems to be losing it a bit recently. Taking Stokes off instead of JC on Saturday and now this, if Ox plays i lose all faith in Stubbs as a Manager.

Great coach but maybe not a great Manager.

hibeerealist
18-04-2016, 07:14 PM
I'm no Oxley fan, by all accounts. But if Stubbs hasn't dropped him for poor form then he can't just keep Logan in cos he had a good game.

He hasn't dropped him for poor form, so Ox comes back in until he does have a stinker. And the bear will be ready to pounce.

How many before a keeper gets dropped ??????????

hibeerealist
18-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Yep.

Logan made some good saves on Saturday but it took him along time to get back on his feet. Admittedly I do wonder if Oxley would have made those saves in the first place.

I hope Logan gets fit.

I thin you know the answer!

ancient hibee
18-04-2016, 07:17 PM
I'm very dubious about Stubbs' decision making after all he brought in a totally unfit and overweight unknown to play in goals in a cup semi.The guy is obviously out of his depth.

HH81
18-04-2016, 07:19 PM
Newspapers at times can twist things. I still think Logan will start.

StevieC
18-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Surely his strengths he has just displayed outweighs the possible weaknesses he might not have ?

Absolutely. And those strengths will still be there at the cup final.

My point is though, if he does have any weaknesses, do we want Rangers knowing about them before we play them in the final?

Don't get me wrong, I've been very critical of Oxley (although not publicly) and would love to see Logan given a chance, I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

SJM
18-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Ludicrous decision that might just cost him a large section of the support.

H18 SFR
18-04-2016, 07:25 PM
If Oxley yet again cost us the match tomorrow the fans need to take control, a rendition of Oxley, Oxley, get to **** at every game he plays before the playoffs and Scottish Cup Final should surely do the trick.

For or the avoidance of any doubt, that's "Oxley, Oxley get to ****" at every game between now and the playoffs. If we have to sing it during the first playoff match vs Raith Rovers then so be it. Stubbs will soon get the message if Oxley doesn't quiver into an emotional wreck I'm front of our eye.

Youve be probably guessed that I don't want Oxley costing us the cup.

stantonhibby
18-04-2016, 07:26 PM
If Oxley yet again cost us the match tomorrow the fans need to take control, a rendition of Oxley, Oxley, get to **** at every game he plays before the playoffs and Scottish Cup Final should surely do the trick.

For or the avoidance of any doubt, that's "Oxley, Oxley get to ****" at every game between now and the playoffs. If we have to sing it during the first playoff match vs Raith Rovers then so be it. Stubbs will soon get the message if Oxley doesn't quiver into an emotional wreck I'm front of our eye.

Erse

SJM
18-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Absolutely. And those strengths will still be there at the cup final.

My point is though, if he does have any weaknesses, do we want Rangers knowing about them before we play them in the final?

Don't get me wrong, I've been very critical of Oxley (although not publicly) and would love to see Logan given a chance, I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

Devil advocate or not, if Oxley plays on Weds it's because of blind faith and that blind faith will see Oxley have the gloves for the final regardless of what happens between now and then.

It's already not going to be a happy place weds with that guard of honour pish, imagine Oxley in place of an actual hero that has taken the whole supports imagination and we get scudded? Stubbs is either a very brave, stubborn or very foolish.

paddy1875
18-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Reading your first sentence I can only say you're not watching.

Maybe his performances the last few months have done my memory in then.

Anyway, if he does bring oxley back in on Wednesday night he better produce a couple decent saves or most people will be a bit hacked off. Any mistakes and the fans will be furious. Like a few have said already he's on a hiding to nothing.

If it's broke, don't fix it and all that

Joe6-2
18-04-2016, 07:30 PM
not surprised

Don't think Stubbs likes to be questioned! Bit pig headed

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 07:31 PM

Youve be probably guessed that I don't want Oxley costing us the cup.Please don't bother coming on for the rest of the season if you are going to sing that. Pathetic.

WeeRussell
18-04-2016, 07:32 PM
"As long as Mark is available, he will be back in" Stubbs is quoted as saying. He cannot mean that literally? :confused:

What if Oxley plays really badly? He then has to lose his place surely?

I wonder what Stubbs has said to Logan about this decision? It's a really strange one IMHO.

I assumed he must have meant this in reference to Wednesday night (not that I think there is any doubt over his availability) as opposed to indefinitely :confused:

I think based on Logan's performance on Saturday, we have every reason to believe he is our best goalkeeper. Him and the team should have Wednesday night to confirm that is the case.

Gordy M
18-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Devil advocate or not, if Oxley plays on Weds it's because of blind faith and that blind faith will see Oxley have the gloves for the final regardless of what happens between now and then.

It's already not going to be a happy place weds with that guard of honour pish, imagine Oxley in place of an actual hero that has taken the whole supports imagination and we get scudded? Stubbs is either a very brave, stubborn or very foolish.
And what if we win win ox in goals....are folk gonna come on here and congratulate stubbs on his selection? It just seems another way to critisize oxley and stubbs....again. we dont even know who will start in wed and we have a 4 page thread ripping the two of them??

You only have to look at the reaction to logan starting on sat to see how many folk can get it wrong. Stubbs got that 100% right.....unlike the majority on here....

CockneyRebel
18-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Hmm - Surely having Oxley and brilliance in the same sentence is what's known as an oxleymoron?

Nice one.

cabbageandribs1875
18-04-2016, 07:35 PM

words fail me, seriously

sleeping giant
18-04-2016, 07:36 PM
And what if we win win ox in goals....are folk gonna come on here and congratulate stubbs on his selection? It just seems another way to critisize oxley and stubbs....again. we dont even know who will start in wed and we have a 4 page thread ripping the two of them??

You only have to look at the reaction to logan starting on sat to see how many folk can get it wrong. Stubbs got that 100% right.....unlike the majority on here....
It's nothing to do with criticise Oxley. Performance should dictate selection.
He might be **** but he deserves a chance to prove it .

Sammy7nil

Stubbs has put pressure on Oxley and himself when there was no need to.

Jones28
In all fairness to Oxley, how many games has he cost us through his own screw ups this season?

He is being exposed by very weak defending a lot of the time IMO which is the main reason for our slump.

Logan was fantastic on Saturday but is clearly unfit.

MyJo
18-04-2016, 07:37 PM

bloody stupid idea.

Sing the Conrad Logan / Hulk Hogan song to show support for having him in goals rather than Oxley but to suggest having everyone chanting for our keeper to **** off during a match when he is probably low on confidence already isn't going to do anything to help.

Its not Oxley's fault he is in the team on Wednesday, Stubbs is the one making this decision.

Waxy
18-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Conrad Logan. Has there ever been such a big fans favorite whos never played a single match at Easter road?

Waxy
18-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Oxley is a hologram

rcarter1
18-04-2016, 07:41 PM
I can see the logic - the bar's been set now, and Stubbs has a clear message for Oxley - show you're good enough or we've got someone who can come in.

This could be right. Im going to give Stubbs some credit here. When it comes down to it, this match against Rangers is less important than any of the playoff matches, or the Cup Final. Its Oxley's to throw away. He either steps up big time, or he can be legitimately replaced - potentially for the rest of the season. All of this while not giving the Rangers a chance to 'suss out' how to beat Mr Logan. If Oxley continues to play averagely/poorly however, then Id be perplexed(upset!) if Stubbs doesn't give the Big man his chance.

FromTheCapital
18-04-2016, 07:42 PM

How about you get to ****?

rcarter1
18-04-2016, 07:44 PM

Tommyrob, Tommyrob get ….

Comon dude thats totally uncool!!

Pretty Boy
18-04-2016, 07:46 PM

Absolutely not.

You really want people to tell 1 of our own players to get to **** in the absolutely vital games we have coming up?

I'd give Logan the gloves but no way will I be hounding Oxley if he does start.

SJM
18-04-2016, 07:47 PM

That would all depend on the goalkeeping peformance of a guy who's been ***** all season would it?
Have you got a link to the majority on here saying Stubbs got it wrong prior to the matchin sat please? I'll even sit through and count the comments.

Aye aye aye, it's all about ripping into Oxley, is it nowt, the boy isn't good enough, never has been and never will be. We had the question thrown "what's the alternative?" Well we all Ken the alternative now who is 100x better and he's still going to be in goals. Madness.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Absolutely not.

You really want people to tell 1 of our own players to get to **** in the absolutely vital games we have coming up?

I'd give Logan the gloves but no way will I be hounding Oxley if he does start.

:agree:

However I fear there will be a vocal minority waiting to pounce. Probably start with moaning about him taking too long to take a by kick or that he should be coming for the cross that went across the 18 yard line and progress from that to the get to **** song.

SJM
18-04-2016, 07:51 PM
In all fairness to Oxley, how many games has he cost us through his own screw ups this season?

He is being exposed by very weak defending a lot of the time IMO which is the main reason for our slump.

Logan was fantastic on Saturday but is clearly unfit.

Not major screw ups but no major saves either. Exposed by weak defending as in Saturday? But aye we had a proper goalie to "do his job" then.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2016, 07:52 PM
I hope Ox doesn't read this therad. Whoevers in goal we should get right behind and support them.

Gordy M
18-04-2016, 07:52 PM
That would all depend on the goalkeeping peformance of a guy who's been ***** all season would it?
Have you got a link to the majority on here saying Stubbs got it wrong prior to the matchin sat please? I'll even sit through and count the comments.

Aye aye aye, it's all about ripping into Oxley, is it nowt, the boy isn't good enough, never has been and never will be. We had the question thrown "what's the alternative?" Well we all Ken the alternative now who is 100x better and he's still going to be in goals. Madness.

100x better.....aye nae bother....but but its not about ripping oxley who is, according to you 100 worse than a keeper who has played one game....yeh youre right, thats not ripping oxley at all. Jeez.

Not sure how to post the link but the thread is there on sat aft when the teams were announced.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Not major screw ups but no major saves either. Exposed by weak defending as in Saturday? But aye we had a proper goalie to "do his job" then.

He made a fairly major save in the last game he played but as usual that's been ignored.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2016, 07:56 PM

I think it's the match day thread, if not there are one or two others. There were a lot of folk lining up Stubbs as the scapegoat for not playing the sub keeper before the match and not playing the under 21 boy.

marinello59
18-04-2016, 08:00 PM
He made a fairly major save in the last game he played but as usual that's been ignored.

Some people only see what they want to see.

FranckSuzy
18-04-2016, 08:02 PM

I really hope you go along and sing that tomorrow as the game is on Wednesday.

HibsNutter
18-04-2016, 08:03 PM

Was a save you'd expect him to make, if it had gone in it would have gone down as a goalkeeping error. That's how it's got, he got a great reception for that because we expect nothing from him.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Was a save you'd expect him to make, if it had gone in it would have gone down as a goalkeeping error. That's how it's got, he got a great reception for that because we expect nothing from him.

You're right he can't win.

Onion
18-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Really big call if true. Logan made more key saves in that one game as Oxley has all season. Also good chance that Logan will install a bit of belief among the outfield players.

Huge pressure on Ox and Stubbs on Wed. If Ox messes up or just does what he's been doing for the last few months (virtually nothing), Stubbs will have a lot of explaining to do.

Pretty Boy
18-04-2016, 08:07 PM

Are you talking about the same save?

The save v Falkirk was a great save from what could be described as point blank range.

SJM
18-04-2016, 08:09 PM

He made a good save. Not a top save. We then conceded two horrendous goals with him the last line of defence so I'm sorry for not singing his praises.

Oxley in goals sat, they score, would have been the usual "wasn't the goalies fault the defence let him down" no a proper goalie, like we seen on sat makes saves at vital times to bail out the defence. There's always some sort of an excuse for Oxley for some on here with the best one being people who don't rate him have a personal grudge against him, "Oxley haters" why would anyone hate him? he's a random bloke from down south trying to make a career for himself, he's just not good enough and there is plenty better out there as stated before at least now we know one of them looks to be sitting on our bench,

It's criminal he's starting on wed, totally totally shocking.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2016, 08:11 PM
He made a good save. Not a top save. We then conceded two horrendous goals with him the last line of defence so I'm sorry for not singing his praises.

Oxley in goals sat, they score, would have been the usual "wasn't the goalies fault the defence let him down" no a proper goalie, like we seen on sat makes saves at vital times to bail out the defence. There's always some sort of an excuse for Oxley for some on here with the best one being people who don't rate him have a personal grudge against him, "Oxley haters" why would anyone hate him? he's a random bloke from down south trying to make a career for himself, he's just not good enough and there is plenty better out there as stated before at least now we know one of them looks to be sitting on our bench,

I think Logan should start as well, I just disagree with some comments made in here. Just won't give any credit to him but are happy to slap on the criticism. I'm not sure why it happens - it's a new player every season.

marinello59
18-04-2016, 08:13 PM

Probably one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on here. Wow.

gunnerhibee
18-04-2016, 08:18 PM

Yes, I'd like to see him play agin before the final and what better game to appear in???

hibsmad
18-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Gutted to read that from Stubbs.

Someone mentioned on here last week that Stubbs weakness may be that he has not managed to move on from having a players mind-set in the dressing room (wanting to get on with everyone) to having a managers mind-set (being able to make big decisions for the benefit of the team regardless of who he may upset).

I really worry that this is whats happening here.

JimBHibees
18-04-2016, 08:34 PM

You have got to be a yam coming out with horse manure like that.

Borderhibbie76
18-04-2016, 08:36 PM

Dearie me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hibeerealist
18-04-2016, 08:38 PM
100x better.....aye nae bother....but but its not about ripping oxley who is, according to you 100 worse than a keeper who has played one game....yeh youre right, thats not ripping oxley at all. Jeez.

Not sure how to post the link but the thread is there on sat aft when the teams were announced.

No getting into the 100 x better stuff but Logan convinced me he is a better keeper on that performance, not seen anything close to that from Ox in his two seasons here!

Keepers, like outfield players, thrive on confidence and I firmly believe the bear's confidence is way higher than the Ox's right now.

What a difference when there is someone you can rely on behind our defence, lifted everybody

KSA Hibee
18-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Not posted on here for donkeys but just had to come on and say wrong choice .. club continue to try and establish better engagement with fans and this just puts it back. not seen seen such a postive feeling to our MOTM on Saturday on here for an eternity yet it falls on deaf ears. the first cross or corner that Oxley doesnt come for and command his area will prove, in my opinion, he is the wrong choice.

JimBHibees
18-04-2016, 08:42 PM

He hasn't been poor all season. He is much fitter than Logan and you kind of need your keeper to be mobile for balls over the top. Logan was amazing on Saturday however Stubbs and Combe will be watching the goalies every day so should make the decision. Give the manager a break please.

Borderhibbie76
18-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Some people only see what they want to see.
The majority on here have made their minds up about the Ox and now cannot see the wood for the trees. He isn't anywhere near as bad as many make out on here...that said I would go with Logan on weds night. I can just hear the shouts of "keeper" every time a cross ones into the 18 yard box on weds night now. If Sevco score a worldy it will of course be oxleys fault

Borderhibbie76
18-04-2016, 08:44 PM

U surely aren't blaming Oxley for the 2 Falkirk goals ru?? Seriously?? Nowt to do with the horrific defending from cross balls then no??

18-04-2016, 08:44 PM
I personally would have kept Logan in after his brilliant performance on saturday and the guys confidence will no doubt be sky high but I can see why Oxley is back in. He's Stubbs number 1 goalie and he's available to play.

Harsh on Logan but like it or not don't get on Oxleys back. Give him 100% support.

Borderhibbie76
18-04-2016, 08:47 PM
I personally would have kept Logan in after his brilliant performance on saturday and the guys confidence will no doubt be sky high but I can see why Oxley is back in. He's Stubbs number 1 goalie and he's available to play.

Harsh on Logan but like it or not don't get on Oxleys back. Give him 100% support.
👍👍on the positive side Oxley now has serious competition for his shirt...something he hasn't had yet in his 2 years here. So he now knows he must perform

ChicoM1875
18-04-2016, 08:47 PM

I know a guy called Tommy Rob. He's a The Rangers supporter and a bell end. Just saying.

hfc rd
18-04-2016, 08:49 PM

I don't rate Oxley at all but that is a pile of s****!

Dearie f****** me!

stantonhibby
18-04-2016, 08:49 PM
He hasn't been poor all season. He is much fitter than Logan and you kind of need your keeper to be mobile for balls over the top. Logan was amazing on Saturday however Stubbs and Combe will be watching the goalies every day so should make the decision. Give the manager a break please.

Agree....what a murder thread. 5 pages of guff with folk throwing the toys out of the pram because they don't agree with the managers team selection. We did win on Saturday? Feelgood factor doesn't last long. How about we go and get 100% behind whoever is playing on Wed.

Jones28
18-04-2016, 08:50 PM

I'm fairly confident when oxley is 1-1, I'm not knocking Logan here I just think the criticism of Oxley is pretty harsh.

steakbake
18-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Yes, I'd like to see him play agin before the final and what better game to appear in???

Totally agree with you.

ChicoM1875
18-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Logan had an amazing debut at the weekend. However I'd be worried it was a one off performance. Seem to remember Joe Keenan and Brian Kerr having decent debuts. I'm not Oxley's biggest fan and I really want to see more of Logan.

SJM
18-04-2016, 08:56 PM
I think Logan should start as well, I just disagree with some comments made in here. Just won't give any credit to him but are happy to slap on the criticism. I'm not sure why it happens - it's a new player every season.

Cool mate 👍

stoneyburn hibs
18-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Whatever eleven start on Wednesday will get my support, however I will find it bizarre if Oxley gets the nod given Logan's display on Saturday. If he makes even a slight error then some will be right on his back, which could in turn affect the rest of them.

SJM
18-04-2016, 08:58 PM
U surely aren't blaming Oxley for the 2 Falkirk goals ru?? Seriously?? Nowt to do with the horrific defending from cross balls then no??

Nope, I'm not. Your looking to be offended backing Oxley now.

Hiber-nation
18-04-2016, 09:04 PM

You start it off then tomorrow night. I doubt you'll get in but you can do it in front of the West and let us all know what reaction you get.

Probably the stupidest post I've ever read on here.

biotech
18-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Nope, I'm not. Your looking to be offended backing Oxley now.

Stubbs weakness is the fact he's overly loyal to out of form players. Oxley needed to be dropped a few games ago.

SteveHFC
18-04-2016, 09:05 PM

One of the worst posts i've ever read on here.

Greenblood70
18-04-2016, 09:07 PM
I suspected Stubbs would recall Oxley, he's been consistant in choosing him regardless of form in the entire time he's been here.

SJM
18-04-2016, 09:09 PM
The majority on here have made their minds up about the Ox and now cannot see the wood for the trees. He isn't anywhere near as bad as many make out on here...that said I would go with Logan on weds night. I can just hear the shouts of "keeper" every time a cross ones into the 18 yard box on weds night now. If Sevco score a worldy it will of course be oxleys fault

A minority have also made up their mind on Oxley and regardless of how much he isn't good enough they will stubbornly continue to belittle anyone who criticises the great man.

JimBHibees
18-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Agree....what a murder thread. 5 pages of guff with folk throwing the toys out of the pram because they don't agree with the managers team selection. We did win on Saturday? Feelgood factor doesn't last long. How about we go and get 100% behind whoever is playing on Wed.

Completely agree.

Bishop Hibee
18-04-2016, 09:12 PM
I suspected Stubbs would recall Oxley, he's been consistant in choosing him regardless of form in the entire time he's been here.

I said exactly the same thing after the semi when thoughts turned to Wednesday. Logan played well and made saves I'm not sure Oxley would have made but he's obviously not fully match fit. Lets hope Oxley steps up to the mark and backs up Stubbs decision.

stantonhibby
18-04-2016, 09:12 PM
A minority have also made up their mind on Oxley and regardless of how much he isn't good enough they will stubbornly continue to belittle anyone who criticises the great man.

I think it's called supporting the team.

Albanian Hibs
18-04-2016, 09:25 PM

Of you go and sing that tomorrow night then, clown

Borderhibbie76
18-04-2016, 09:27 PM
I'm far from his biggest fan mate but I won't blame him for goals that weren't in anyway his fault...the 2 against Falkirk last week for starters

Arch Stanton
18-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Oxley, Hanlon and MacGregor are all capable footballers but they are not exactly a dominant defence in my view. Logan in for Oxley gives a whole new character to the defence - very disappointed if the story is true.

A win on Wednesday keeps hopes alive in both the cup and promotion - a loss almost guarantees a 3rd place finish and as such diminishes our chances in both competitions.

theonlywayisup
18-04-2016, 09:30 PM
I think it's the most obvious decision to make. Conrad, no matter his heroics against United, is nowhere close to being at the fitness levels of a professional footballer. To play him in front of 3500 The Rangers fans, who don't have a great liking for people from the Irish Republic, could be disastrous for both the player and our football team. I can just imagine the songs that they will aim at Conrad.

Yes, he could come in and play well again. Or he could have a nightmare. Why take the risk?

No, I would personally not play Conrad against The Rangers. Let him build up his fitness and keep him for the time when his fitness is more to the level expected of a professional footballer.

Don't think many will agree, but that's my opinion.

hibee
18-04-2016, 09:38 PM
I hope Oxley doesn't read this thread, could do with a keeper that's not scared of his own fans reaction with the run of games we've got coming up.

Paisley Hibby
18-04-2016, 09:41 PM
If it was down to me, Logan would be playing on Wednesday. But Stubbs called it right on Saturday so if he plays Oxley I'd trust his judgement. I just hope our fans get behind him if he does. The Rangers would just lap it up if we get on our own keeper's back.

Sammy7nil
18-04-2016, 09:46 PM
I think it's the most obvious decision to make. Conrad, no matter his heroics against United, is nowhere close to being at the fitness levels of a professional footballer. To play him in front of 3500 The Rangers fans, who don't have a great liking for people from the Irish Republic, could be disastrous for both the player and our football team. I can just imagine the songs that they will aim at Conrad.

Yes, he could come in and play well again. Or he could have a nightmare. Why take the risk?

No, I would personally not play Conrad against The Rangers. Let him build up his fitness and keep him for the time when his fitness is more to the level expected of a professional footballer.

Totally disagree Logan is under no pressure what so ever if he plays well great if not he deserved his chance. Logan made more saves on Saturday than Oxley has in 10 games. If however Oxley makes a mistake he has no excuse if Oxley is selected Stubbs is heaping the pressure on Oxley and himself no hiding place.

WestEndHibee
18-04-2016, 09:47 PM

100% with you on this!

Oxley is the most sensible option for the game, logan wasn't fit and has major weaknesses because of it. Rangers wouldn't just tamely bow down to the god. They'll exploit his lack of mobility.

Logan was incredible for the semi final but he will soon be found out now that teams
know about him.

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 09:54 PM
100% with you on this!

Oxley is the most sensible option for the game, logan wasn't fit and has major weaknesses because of it. Rangers wouldn't just tamely bow down to the god. They'll exploit his lack of mobility.

Logan was incredible for the semi final but he will soon be found out now that teams
know about him.Sorry but how can a team ''exploit'' a goalkeepers lack of mobility?

theonlywayisup
18-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Sorry but how can a team ''exploit'' a goalkeepers lack of mobility?

Don't think mobility is the right word, but a goalie needs to be up quickly after making the first save to be ready for the second save. You watch the first penalty again!!!

eastterrace
18-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Sorry but how can a team ''exploit'' a goalkeepers lack of mobility? probably how they exploit oxley extra mobility

SJM
18-04-2016, 10:03 PM
I think it's called supporting the team.

Not on an Internet messgeboard it isn't.

SJM
18-04-2016, 10:05 PM

Can't ever recall nick colgan facing endless abuse and songs directed at him from the Rangers support.

Jim44
18-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Our poor results for the past couple of months have been as much to do with conceding goals as it has been because of our goal famine. Saturday's result was all to do with not conceding and with a great performance from Logan. I think it's an unbelievable decision by Stubbs and one which, if it goes tits up, could shape his future at ER. Recent results, rightly or wrongly, have turned a lot of fans against Stubbs and a bad result and performance against Sevco might reinforce that opinion? If Oxley plays and has a bummer, there will be a lack of confidence in Stubbs' decision making.

SJM
18-04-2016, 10:07 PM
If it was down to me, Logan would be playing on Wednesday. But Stubbs called it right on Saturday so if he plays Oxley I'd trust his judgement. I just hope our fans get behind him if he does. The Rangers would just lap it up if we get on our own keeper's back.

Playing Logan was about the only thing he called right on Saturday and it might have well saved his job (for now) he then goes and drops him for a keeper who has done sod all to warrant the loyalty he is given. Oxley must be amazing in training. I could see his point of view of Oxley time and again saved us at crucial points earning us wins but it's happened once in a blue moon.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2016, 10:07 PM

Jesus wept.

stoneyburn hibs
18-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Jesus wept.

Conrad saves.

cmcd
18-04-2016, 10:11 PM
100% with you on this!

know about him.

And you know this how

pacoluna
18-04-2016, 10:13 PM
100% with you on this!

know about him.

the lad has played one game for hibs and never put a foot wrong how the hell will have teams found out about him? oxley doesnt command his box.. surely teams have found that out?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-04-2016, 10:13 PM

I thought lobotomys were the preserve of the OF and Yam fans...

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2016, 10:18 PM

Get to ****

lapsedhibee
18-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Logan was incredible for the semi final but he will soon be found out now that teams know about him.
You talkin' about fella? Soon be found out? Everyone at Hampden including Dundee U could see the moment he stepped on the pitch that he's a fat *******. Fat lot of good it did them.

hibeerealist
18-04-2016, 10:39 PM
100% with you on this!

know about him.

???????????

SJM
18-04-2016, 10:42 PM
100% with you on this!

know about him.

Your at the wind up.

Mikey09
18-04-2016, 11:53 PM

You bash on pal... Jesus Christ!! This is up there as one of the worst/funniest/mental posts I have ever read on this forum. Please just go away. :rolleyes:

Onion
19-04-2016, 01:51 AM

What a great idea. You do that.

R'Albin
19-04-2016, 02:38 AM
100% with you on this!

know about him.

I don't really understand the issue with the fact he's fat. He looked agile enough and had no trouble getting down for a low one that was heading for the corner.

This is one of the most baffling decisions I can recall Stubbs making. I don't get what he sees in Oxley.

SeanWilson
19-04-2016, 04:33 AM

aye, he looks like the kind of guy who's going to be up all night greeting at the thought of that lot trying to have a dig, right enough. :rolleyes:

his performance on saturday was inspired, the lad will be riding a wave and i'd love to see him betwee the sticks tomorrow night.

As for fitness... aye, he may be a wee bit sore after 120 mins on saturday but presumably he trains every day to get down etc so no reason to think he cant play another 90 mins.

flash
19-04-2016, 05:30 AM
Goalkeepers always come back in. At least we now have two options.

Libby Hibby
19-04-2016, 05:36 AM
Goalkeepers always come back in. At least we now have two options.

I tend to agree with you but Oxley now knows, having witnessed Conrad on Saturday, what standard, some would say basic standard, that he must achieve to get the backing from the Hibs support.

The support for Oxley will return if his performances improve and he shows a desire not to let the opposition score as was displayed on Saturday.

As my sister said on Saturday, it's as if Oxley plays in goals as if he doesn't want to muck up his hair.

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2016, 06:00 AM
I just cant see a player in any other position not keeping his place in the team after a performance like that on Saturday.

I sort of understand where Stubbs is coming from if Oxley is back in, i think he's wrong though.

Hibby 2005
19-04-2016, 06:01 AM
If this turns out to be true then we can kiss goodbye to the Scottish Cup and prepare for a 3rd year in the Championship. Stubbs has an arrogant streak and inflexibility at times which may well lead to his downfall.

SJM
19-04-2016, 06:06 AM
I tend to agree with you but Oxley now knows, having witnessed Conrad on Saturday, what standard, some would say basic standard, that he must achieve to get the backing from the Hibs support.

The support for Oxley will return if his performances improve and he shows a desire not to let the opposition score as was displayed on Saturday.

As my sister said on Saturday, it's as if Oxley plays in goals as if he doesn't want to muck up his hair.

Oxley now kens that regardless of his sub standard Hibs career and doing nothing special ever he will always have the gloves. He's seen off arguably the top leagues keeper of the year and now a total God In our support who single handedly got us into the final

JimBHibees
19-04-2016, 06:13 AM
Sorry but how can a team ''exploit'' a goalkeepers lack of mobility?

Do you think he is capable of sprinting out his box to clear a through ball over or through our defence?

scooby
19-04-2016, 06:13 AM
Don't think mobility is the right word, but a goalie needs to be up quickly after making the first save to be ready for the second save. You watch the first penalty again!!!

Except that in a penalty shoot out, the keeper only has to save it once, no need to get back up!

Septimus
19-04-2016, 06:25 AM
I find it hard to get over excited about a newspaper article but if true one quote from Stubbs is odd to say the least. "Being in the right place at the right time" is what I thought goalkeepers were supposed to do.

Hibby70
19-04-2016, 06:30 AM
IF Oxley starts then he'll certainly be under pressure to perform well that's for sure.

I for one am glad that there's competition for the position and it might bring the best out of Oxley.

Not In The Know
19-04-2016, 06:31 AM
Stubbs has really made this situation worse. If Logan had played no one would have batted an eyelid. Oxley would be out and couldn't really complain as in the eyes of Stubbs, Logan deserved to keep his place at no fault of Oxley. Now the only way Logan plays is if Oxley is dropped on his own bad form.

I'm not sure what Oxley can do to play any better tbh. He doesn't really make any howlers it's just he very rarely wins us games.

Saturday Logan saves the first one on one after our long spell of pressure.

JimBHibees
19-04-2016, 06:34 AM
Stubbs has really made this situation worse. If Logan had played no one would have batted an eyelid. Oxley would be out and couldn't really complain as in the eyes of Stubbs, Logan deserved to keep his place at no fault of Oxley. Now the only way Logan plays is if Oxley is dropped on his own bad form.

I'm not sure what Oxley can do to play any better tbh. He doesn't really make any howlers it's just he very rarely wins us games.

Think back to the Falkirk semi last year. We hammered them only for a defensive mix up to send Falkirk through One on one. I seem to remember Oxley sitting on his arse as the Falkirk player skipped round him.

Oxley had no chance with the header in last years semi. As usual he was let down by very average defending in front of him.

Pete
19-04-2016, 06:38 AM
People have every right to be surprised and disagree but there isn't half some hysterical nonsense on this thread.

Good old social media.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 06:38 AM

So the basic standard Oxley must achieve is a 10/10 match winning performance. Every week presumably?

Hibbyradge
19-04-2016, 06:41 AM
Except that in a penalty shoot out, the keeper only has to save it once, no need to get back up!

He won't just be facing penalties, though.

I'm not particularly bothered either way, but I'm happy to trust Stubbs on this. He knows how Conrad has been doing in training and he will be well aware of his strengths and, more to the point, his weaknesses.

He's also the man who has guided us to 2 cup finals and is still poised to get us promoted.

Part of the reason people are drooling over Conrad's saves is because it was so unlikely that a man as unfit as that could make them at all.

People have very short memories if they believe Oxley doesn't make saves. They may not stick in your mind, but that's because you take them for granted. Logan's saves were memorable because they were so improbable.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 06:42 AM
Think back to the Falkirk semi last year. We hammered them only for a defensive mix up to send Falkirk through One on one. I seem to remember Oxley sitting on his arse as the Falkirk player skipped round him.

I've just been thinking back to last year's semi - did Sibbald skip round him, leave him on his arse then header the ball in to an empty net?

It's not how I recall it - pretty sure it was a cross he got on the end of - beating McGeough to it.

Galahibby
19-04-2016, 06:51 AM
I wonder if Logan just isn't fit enough for our schedule between now and the end of the season so Stubbs knows he'll need to use him sparingly.

This can surely be the only reason. Still think he should play on Wednesday though. It's a huge game and I think he's more than earned the right.

SJM
19-04-2016, 06:57 AM

I'm not particularly bothered either way, but I'm happy to trust Stubbs on this. He knows how Conrad has been doing in training and he will be well aware of his strengths and, more to the point, his weaknesses.

He's also the man who has guided us to 2 cup finals and is still poised to get us promoted.

Part of the reason people are drooling over Conrad's saves is because it was so unlikely that a man as unfit as that could make them at all.

People have very short memories if they believe Oxley doesn't make saves. They may not stick in your mind, but that's because you take them for granted. Logan's saves were memorable because they were so improbable.

The main reason people are drooling over Logan is because of having after having a mediocre goalie for the last two season we finally had a guy in on sat that after 20 mins the majority had every confidence in.

Of course Oxley makes saves, it's his job. He rarely bails out his defence though, never comes for crosses and his decision making is very poor.

Wednesday is a vital, vital match for us and dropping a goalie sky high in confidence, who will have gained the confidence of his teammates and who single handedly got us into the final is completely barking mad. It would be different if Oxley had done similar over the past two seasons or even once or twice over the past two seasons but the simple matter is he's not. Dundee Utd score 4 past Oxley on Saturday under the same circumstances and absolutely guaranteed people would have been saying it was the defences fault.

500miles
19-04-2016, 07:10 AM
I always like how people call Stubbs arrogant when he makes decisions, without having even a glimpse of training.

Logan will probably go back to his family and horses next season, they are why he was happy to play second fiddle at Leicester for 14 years. Oxley and Otso are our long term plan.

Northernhibee
19-04-2016, 07:11 AM
People have every right to be surprised and disagree but there isn't half some hysterical nonsense on this thread.

Good old social media.

Yep, if he plays a blinder then I hope the majority of loudmouths have the decency to apologise to him.

R'Albin
19-04-2016, 07:15 AM
I always like how people call Stubbs arrogant when he makes decisions, without having even a glimpse of training.

Logan will probably go back to his family and horses next season, they are why he was happy to play second fiddle at Leicester for 14 years. Oxley and Otso are our long term plan.

Going up should be our long term plan with winning the cup also our priority. Our best chance of doing this is with our strongest keeper in goals which, based on his first showing, is Logan.

marinello59
19-04-2016, 07:15 AM
The main reason people are drooling over Logan is because of having after having a mediocre goalie for the last two season we finally had a guy in on sat that after 20 mins the majority had every confidence in.

Of course Oxley makes saves, it's his job. He rarely bails out his defence though, never comes for crosses and his decision making is very poor.

Wednesday is a vital, vital match for us and dropping a goalie sky high in confidence, who will have gained the confidence of his teammates and who single handedly got us into the final is completely barking mad. It would be different if Oxley had done similar over the past two seasons or even once or twice over the past two seasons but the simple matter is he's not. Dundee Utd score 4 past Oxley on Saturday under the same circumstances and absolutely guaranteed people would have been saying it was the defences fault.

We all appreciate how well Logan played but singlehandedly won us the game? He played a huge part in our win but it wasn't all down to him. Your desire to stick the boot in to Oxley seems to be blinding you to the others in the team that played well on Saturday. Next you will be calling Logan a God....hold on, I think you already did on another post. :greengrin

marinello59
19-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Going up should be our long term plan with winning the cup also our priority. Our best chance of doing this is with our strongest keeper in goals which, based on his first showing, is Logan.

If it was down to me he would be starting tomorrow. Given some of the players I have backed over the years it's maybe just as well its not down to me though. :greengrin

SJM
19-04-2016, 07:21 AM

So let's risk going up this season and not start the best goalie on our books because he's not in the long term plans? Aye okay.

Hibbyradge
19-04-2016, 07:22 AM
He may be high in confidence, but he's also at least 40 lbs overweight and has only played 1 game in nearly a year and a half.

If I was playing against him, I'd be shooting at him and flinging high balls into his 6 yard box at every opportunity.

He'd be out on his feet before an hour.

I was surprised that Stubbs hadn't given Oxley's replacement some game time in advance of the semi-final to develop an understanding with the defence.

Now I know why. He didn't want United knowing how unfit he was and it worked.

If Stubbs can get that decision right, then I'm happy to trust him with the next one.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 07:26 AM
So let's risk going up this season and not start the best goalie on our books because he's not in the long term plans? Aye okay.

Is the best keeper in our books not the Finnish lad anymore?

SJM
19-04-2016, 07:28 AM
We all appreciate how well Logan played but singlehandedly won us the game? He played a huge part in our win but it wasn't all down to him. Your desire to stick the boot in to Oxley seems to be blinding you to the others in the team that played well on Saturday. Next you will be calling Logan a God....hold on, I think you already did on another post. :greengrin

:greengrin: he's my god.
Perhaps single handled is going a tad ott but he's the difference between being in the final or not.
Why do you think I had a desire to stick the boot into Oxley? I don't know him personally, have nothing against him and I would be delighted if he has a peformance on Wednesday and beyond like Logan done Sat but I have no confidence he will because he's simply not good enough. I don't stick the boot into any of our players but I will speak up, moan and grumble when I feel they are not good enough and are part of the reason we are 3rd in the lower leagues of Scottish football. A good keeper is a vital ingredient to any side aspiring for success.

SJM
19-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Is the best keeper in our books not the Finnish lad anymore?

When did I say that? I'm sure your making that up to suit your agenda now 👍

flash
19-04-2016, 07:30 AM

Do you seriously think he plays like that every game?

bigwheel
19-04-2016, 07:39 AM

I suspect the bigger point is - do you think Oxley could play like that in any game? He has had over 70 and never got near that level of performance.

R'Albin
19-04-2016, 07:45 AM
If it was down to me he would be starting tomorrow. Given some of the players I have backed over the years it's maybe just as well its not down to me though. :greengrin

I don't know what you're talking about. We are crying out for a player like Matt Thornhill in the middle just now :greengrin

JK Rolling
19-04-2016, 07:50 AM
The extra pressure that this will put Oxley under could prove to be the difference between us getting a win and still achieving 2nd place, or getting 1 , or 0, points, finishing 3rd and losing out on promotion through too many play-off matches. It's Logan for me.

GreenPJ
19-04-2016, 08:02 AM

I have no idea if the defenders have confidence in Oxley but they have an understanding. The one where Hanlon let the ball through he knows that if it was Oxley in goals he would have been on the edge of his 6 yard box and come to collect. Logan was stuck to his line, yes he made the block but the defenders know that Oxley would have been out for that which is why they left it.

I think Logan deserves the final - if he comes in on Wed and has a nightmare then it will be perceived that he had the game of his life in the semi. Lets face it if he hasn't played in 16 months there must be a reason?

SJM
19-04-2016, 08:04 AM

Of course not, but he played better in that game than Oxley ever has for us and probably ever will.

scooby
19-04-2016, 08:17 AM

I get what you're saying, but for me the shots on target to goals ratio against us is very worrying. Logan was a breath of fresh air and everyone sensed that we finally had a keeper who was more likely to save than not.
Oxley has made some very good saves, but on many occasions is beaten way too easily for my liking.
If Stubbs plays him tomorrow he's a dead man walking.

flash
19-04-2016, 08:23 AM
I get what you're saying, but for me the shots on target to goals ratio against us is very worrying. Logan was a breath of fresh air and everyone sensed that we finally had a keeper who was more likely to save than not.
Oxley has made some very good saves, but on many occasions is beaten way too easily for my liking.

Some reasonable points completely ruined by the last sentence.

scooby
19-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Believe me, I really hope I'm wrong

SeanWilson
19-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Some reasonable points completely ruined by the last sentence.

Q the Oxley having the game of his life tomorrow night and Stubbs getting the plaudits :greengrin

Captain Trips
19-04-2016, 08:28 AM
I think he deserves another game see what he is like straight away. Iam not expecting heroics but I do like to see the rewards of such a performance and for me that is another match in goals for the big man.

pacoluna
19-04-2016, 08:29 AM
I have no idea if the defenders have confidence in Oxley but they have an understanding. The one where Hanlon let the ball through he knows that if it was Oxley in goals he would have been on the edge of his 6 yard box and come to collect. Logan was stuck to his line, yes he made the block but the defenders know that Oxley would have been out for that which is why they left it.

I think Logan deserves the final - if he comes in on Wed and has a nightmare then it will be perceived that he had the game of his life in the semi. Lets face it if he hasn't played in 16 months there must be a reason?

You kidding me on in my analysis this season of Oxley he lacks communication and in certain circumstances hesitates when coming of his line...

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 08:36 AM
When did I say that? I'm sure your making that up to suit your agenda now 👍

It's been said on here in the last week or 2 - whether by you or not I couldn't say.

I don't think it's me that has the agenda.

SJM
19-04-2016, 08:43 AM
It's been said on here in the last week or 2 - whether by you or not I couldn't say.

I don't think it's me that has the agenda.

Well you asked me directly? I've never seen it mentioned once he was the best keeper at the club. There was shouts to give him game time assuming he was going to play in the Semi's.

Okay maybe not you then but there is an agenda on here by a few trying to belittle and make personal people's opinions on Oxley. I'm not sure why these people can't just accept and understand that many simply don't rate the guy.

SJM
19-04-2016, 08:46 AM

They have that much of an understanding with him we are at panic stations every time a ball is played into our box?

Oxley would have been out for it? No he wouldn't he's stuck to his line constantly, see the similar mistake in Paisley that led to a goal.

Big_Franck
19-04-2016, 08:50 AM
I suspect the bigger point is - do you think Oxley could play like that in any game? He has had over 70 and never got near that level of performance.

I think this is the key point. At no point in the best part of two years has Oxley played like Logan did on Saturday.

On Saturday for the first time in a good while, perhaps since Williams' first season with us, any time the opposition got near our goal I was confident our keeper would save us. I've never had that feeling with Oxley.

flash
19-04-2016, 08:50 AM
Well you asked me directly? I've never seen it mentioned once he was the best keeper at the club. There was shouts to give him game time assuming he was going to play in the Semi's.

Okay maybe not you then but there is an agenda on here by a few trying to belittle and make personal people's opinions on Oxley. I'm not sure why these people can't just accept and understand that many simply don't rate the guy.

It's not an agenda to support one of your own team's players.
Posting relentlessly about how bad you think he is might be another matter.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 08:52 AM

:agree: I was just about to make this point.

easty
19-04-2016, 08:59 AM

I hate that this keeps being thrown at Oxley, he's either at fault for a goal or he's not. If there are only 2 shots on target and they both go in, that doesn't automatically mean Oxley has been ****. Equally, a team could have 7 or 8 shots on target, only score 1, but it could be completely the keepers fault. Our defence have been giving teams easy chances to score, but Oxley seems to take 90% of the abuse/flak for it.

Steve-O
19-04-2016, 09:00 AM
It's a ludicrous decision akin to dropping a striker who came in and scored a hat-trick in favour of your usual striker who has scored 2 all season.

Saturday and Logan's performance could galvanise the squad, but it looks like that ain't going to be allowed to happen.

SJM
19-04-2016, 09:04 AM

It is an agenda when making up different little parts and belittling others opinions to show that support though.

There's also a difference between supporting one of the players in the side at the game, which I'm sure the majority do and stating he's not good enough on here also.

If showing support for a player in the team is to never hear a bad word said about them regardless of peformance and ability for you then fair enough.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 09:08 AM
It is an agenda when making up different little parts and belittling others opinions to show that support though.

There's also a difference between supporting one of the players in the side at the game, which I'm sure the majority do and stating he's not good enough on here also.

If showing support for a player in the team is to never hear a bad word said about them regardless of peformance and ability for you then fair enough.

Making things up like saying the Falkirk boy went round Oxley and put him on his arse to score the winner?

Or making things up like that the save last week (that did happen) was a standard save?

flash
19-04-2016, 09:08 AM
He clearly won't be supported at the game tomorrow by punters just waiting to employ their vast knowledge of goalkeeping.
It's unfair and doesn't help the team.

SJM
19-04-2016, 09:09 AM
I hate that this keeps being thrown at Oxley, he's either at fault for a goal or he's not. If there are only 2 shots on target and they both go in, that doesn't automatically mean Oxley has been ****. Equally, a team could have 7 or 8 shots on target, only score 1, but it could be completely the keepers fault. Our defence have been giving teams easy chances to score, but Oxley seems to take 90% of the abuse/flak for it.

It's not as simple as being at fault for a goal or not.

There's a matter of being good enough to make the right decisions and have the ability to save shots regardless of if the defence has blundered or whatever. There's been plenty goals that of course haven't been Oxleys fault BUT many goals that a better goalie would have done better with or saved.

Two weeks ago it was "who is the alternative" "he's the best we can get at this level"

All by the same guys who won't hear a bad word against the boy yet make out there is some kind of agenda set out against him from some of the support - no the support just want better. There's no agenda.

SJM
19-04-2016, 09:12 AM
He clearly won't be supported at the game tomorrow by punters just waiting to employ their vast knowledge of goalkeeping.

I'm sure most punters will be fully focussed on backing the side Oxley or not and will get behind him and the team.

It's absolutely ludicrous to say that anyone will be there tomorrow hoping he ****s up that's simply not true. Everyone will want him to play a blinder and for us to win an vital, vital match and if that happens the Oxley lovers, the same ones who claim there is an agenda against him, will be the first on here giving it the giruy to anyone who doesn't think he's good enough.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 09:12 AM

You should hear some of the shouts from the F5 lower. Last week there was a ball across the edge of the box (the 18 yard line) and it was "goalies ball", "he should be coming for that" and "if it's in the box he should be coming for it, he's got to command his area".

I'm not even sure it was his side of the 18yard line.

It'll only be worse tomorrow.

flash
19-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Oxley lovers? You continue, almost certainly deliberately, to miss the point.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 09:14 AM

Some folk can't discuss a point without taking it to the extreme. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to be at opposite ends of the spectrum.

SJM
19-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Making things up like saying the Falkirk boy went round Oxley and put him on his arse to score the winner?

Or making things up like that the save last week (that did happen) was a standard save?

Or saying that the Finnish guy was number one at the club or the majority on here was ripping into Stubbs for choosing Logan on Saturday?

SJM
19-04-2016, 09:15 AM

Yep. It's a comeback to the people who say people have an agenda against Oxley.

snedzuk
19-04-2016, 09:16 AM

Apart from the corner he punched clear

easty
I'm sure most punters will be fully focussed on backing the side Oxley or not and will get behind him and the team.

It's absolutely ludicrous to say that anyone will be there tomorrow hoping he ****s up that's simply not true. Everyone will want him to play a blinder and for us to win an vital, vital match and if that happens the Oxley lovers, the same ones who claim there is an agenda against him, will be the first on here giving it the giruy to anyone who doesn't think he's good enough.

I don't think you hope he ****s up but you'll absolutely revel in it afterwards if he does. You've probably got smug "I knew this would happen" posts at the ready now.

Oxley lovers.....:rolleyes:

flash
Some folk can't discuss a point without taking it to the extreme. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to be at opposite ends of the spectrum.

If i was picking the team I might well pick Logan.
That's not what this is about though.

SJM

So it's okay for posters to say that people have got an agenda against Oxley but not the other way about?

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 09:17 AM
Or saying that the Finnish guy was number one at the club or the majority on here was ripping into Stubbs for choosing Logan on Saturday?

They're on threads on this board so clearly not made up.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2016, 09:17 AM
If i was picking the team I might well pick Logan.
That's not what this is about though.

I would as well.

Man Down Under
19-04-2016, 09:18 AM
It may have been a fluke. But I think Logan has earned the chance to show he can play like that consistently.
I like Oxley though, and if he plays, I hope Logans performance on Saturday gives him the motivation to play his best.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

flash
So it's okay for posters to say that people have got an agenda against Oxley but not the other way about?

How can anyone have an agenda in Oxleys favour?

Are they family members or something?

Danderhall Hibs

Is that what you took from the post you quoted?

easty
19-04-2016, 09:20 AM

You think people have an agenda for Oxley to play?

There's a difference between trying to calm down the level of guff posted about one of our own players, and you're one of the worst for it, and 'having an agenda'.

snedzuk
19-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Yep.

I hope Logan gets fit.

Apart from when he spread himself to save at the edge of the box, got up, ran back towards the goal then gathered the second ball to a standing ovation