PDA

View Full Version : Coming from New Zealand for the final

Dunedin Hibs
18-04-2016, 02:37 PM
I love Hibs

Have just booked my airfare home - horrendous trip from the bottom of the earth - to surprise my wonderful (Hibby) dad, with a ticket for the final, for his 80th birthday. He will be gobsmacked I am home again. He, like me, have supported Hibs through thick and thin. We will do this. Glad it is Rangers we beat. I am confident ...we watched us beat Dunfermline in the league cup back in the day, I came home for the Livi cup final we both went to. I fully expect us to do the business against Rangers!

Whatever happens, a very proud Hibby here in Dunedin , New Zealand. I will be wearing our proud shirt all the way, both to and from NZ.

sauzeelegod
18-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Nice one mate. Hope we lift the cup and make the journey worthwhile. GGTTH

HibsMax
18-04-2016, 02:59 PM
I will also be making the journey home, but not quite as far as you!

DaveF
18-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Top effort guys. I doff my cap to you and all the hibees making the trip home.

KWJ
18-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Great effort bud, Dunedin is probably the furthest airport in the world away from Edinburgh I'd guess.

Think I mind briefly speaking with you on here when I was down there, shame we never grabbed a beer.

I hope you live on the cross section of Arthur and Duncan streets!

Gutted that I won't be going unless I come into some sort of miraculous windfall in the next few weeks.

EDIT - What way are you going!?

Diclonius
18-04-2016, 03:09 PM
Great effort bud, Dunedin is probably the furthest airport in the world away from Edinburgh I'd guess.

Ironic, considering Dunedin's name is based on the Gaelic version of Edinburgh. :tee hee:

KWJ
19-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Ironic, considering Dunedin's name is based on the Gaelic version of Edinburgh. :tee hee:

Yup, and they have a bit of Edinburgh Castle's rock up on a hill.

Sproule Three
19-04-2016, 02:28 PM
I love Hibs

Have just booked my airfare home - horrendous trip from the bottom of the earth - to surprise my wonderful (Hibby) dad, with a ticket for the final, for his 80th birthday. He will be gobsmacked I am home again. He, like me, have supported Hibs through thick and thin. We will do this. Glad it is Rangers we beat. I am confident ...we watched us beat Dunfermline in the league cup back in the day, I came home for the Livi cup final we both went to. I fully expect us to do the business against Rangers!

Whatever happens, a very proud Hibby here in Dunedin , New Zealand. I will be wearing our proud shirt all the way, both to and from NZ.

Are you flying through Aus .
Might get a couple of the Aus Hibbies on your flight to make stop/ stops a bit more interesting .
2 so far and probably more on flight from Sydney - Doha on 18 May

GreenLake
19-04-2016, 02:30 PM
That is a really long journey so I hope you bring luck with you from Dunedin and see us lift the cup.
:flag: