PDA

View Full Version : I'm the jinx!

Hibrandenburg
18-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Anyone else been to two Hibs Scottish Cup Finals but never seen Hibs lose?

Can't make the final due to work commitments, sorry guys :wink:

Captain Trips
18-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Marty Mcfly saw us win it he was telling me.

erin go bragh
18-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Maybe Stevie Wonder :-)

GGTTH

--------
18-04-2016, 11:35 AM

You mean the first two games against Rangers in 1979? We lost the third game, remember.

Anyone who's been to any other two Hibs Scottish Cup Finals and not seen them lose would need to be at least 150 years old ....

1886 against Dumbarton and 1902 against Celtic. All the rest a tale of unrelenting misery and pain .... :devil:

greenginger
18-04-2016, 11:36 AM

I take it that was 37 years ago ! :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
18-04-2016, 11:40 AM
You mean the first two games against Rangers in 1979? We lost the third game, remember.

Anyone who's been to any other two Hibs Scottish Cup Finals and not seen them lose would need to be at least 120 years old ....

1886 against Dumbarton and 1902 against Celtic. All the rest a tale of unrelenting misery and pain .... :devil:

Aye, missed the 3rd one.

Hibrandenburg
18-04-2016, 11:42 AM
I take it that was 37 years ago ! :greengrin

Aye, still traumatised though.

belhavenbill
18-04-2016, 11:45 AM
Aye, missed the 3rd one.
We should have won the first one. Stonewall penalty denied us in almost last minute. Couldn't believe we weren't given it but then realised it was against der Hun so no way we're we getting it.

Hibrandenburg
18-04-2016, 12:07 PM
We should have won the first one. Stonewall penalty denied us in almost last minute. Couldn't believe we weren't given it but then realised it was against der Hun so no way we're we getting it.

My lasting memories are from the journey home. 14 years in the Army was a picnic compared to the active service I saw that day.

haagsehibby
18-04-2016, 12:32 PM
I did the stadium tour the day before this year's LC final and there was a story about the '79 final. Apparently some army guy based in Germany was over for the final, decided to go AWOL and stay for the replay. After the second game he realised he had to go back to face the music. Ended up in the glasshouse but asked one of the guards to let him know the result. The guard wasn't much of a football guy so when asked about the final score he said he didn't know the actual score but did know that some guy called Arthur Duncan had scored the winner. Cue the guy going mental in his cell. Wasn't till the next day that he found out the awful truth.

ALF TUPPER
18-04-2016, 12:33 PM

aye done that :agree:

Hibrandenburg
18-04-2016, 12:42 PM
I did the stadium tour the day before this year's LC final and there was a story about the '79 final. Apparently some army guy based in Germany was over for the final, decided to go AWOL and stay for the replay. After the second game he realised he had to go back to face the music. Ended up in the glasshouse but asked one of the guards to let him know the result. The guard wasn't much of a football guy so when asked about the final score he said he didn't know the actual score but did know that some guy called Arthur Duncan had scored the winner. Cue the guy going mental in his cell. Wasn't till the next day that he found out the awful truth.

Wisnae me :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
18-04-2016, 12:44 PM
aye done that :agree:

Bollocks! Thought I might have some kind of individual weird Hibs record. If you go to this one and they get beat then I might still be in with a shout :wink:

greenpaper55
18-04-2016, 01:12 PM
In my youth i was at the SC defeat to Celtic 6-1 then the LC defeat to them but this time it was a bit closer 6-2 , i gave the next one a miss as thought i was the jinx but we lost 6-3 !

Newry Hibs
18-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Went to 2 losing LC finals (Aberdeen and Livi) before winning the third (killie). Been to 2 losing SC finals, this one (hopefully) being the third. So surely a repeating pattern.

HibeesLA
18-04-2016, 08:38 PM

Stuart Crowther

pontius pilate
18-04-2016, 09:34 PM
I've never actually seen hibs win at hampden going all the way back to the 92 lc final.so I have decided to stay away for this one

greenginger
18-04-2016, 09:55 PM

I was at a golf outing at Turnberry a few years back and the starter there was an ex goalie, Peter McLoy.

A couple of bluenoses at the outing were chatting to him about the good old days, so I butted in with,

" You stole the Cup off Hibs in 1979 "

He looked a puzzled and asked how I worked that out, and I reminded him of his blatant foul on our centre forward who had a tap in, in the 90th minute.

" Oh aye , your are probably right there " said McLoy with a chuckle.