PDA

View Full Version : They think its won

High-On-Hibs
17-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Seeing the way that lot were celebrating earlier, they all believe that the cup is already won. If that's not enough to get our tails up for the final, then nothing is.

SJM
18-04-2016, 03:47 AM
They celebrated as much as we did the day before and of a bit more do you blame them? Would be the equivelant of beating the tramps on pens to reach the final.

Betty Boop
18-04-2016, 04:32 AM
Seeing the way that lot were celebrating earlier, they all believe that the cup is already won. If that's not enough to get our tails up for the final, then nothing is.

They beat their bitter rivals after four years.What did you expect a muted celebration?

ALF TUPPER
18-04-2016, 05:52 AM

I think they were understandably celebrating a huge win over the Scottish champions. Not bad for a new football Club. I'd be celebrating too if I was a vile Sevco zombie. I don't think even that lot believe the cup is won already.

CallumLaidlaw
18-04-2016, 07:07 AM
They DO think it's won tho. I read one it them on Facebook saying "when you can't sleep cos you've just beat the **** to win the treble".

hibs69
18-04-2016, 07:42 AM
They certainly do. Was just in at the merchants, New Rangers erse behind the counter, (although he thinks it's still Rangers because he's not very bright) "Why even play it, just ge us the cup now." Unreal.

Pretty Boy
18-04-2016, 07:44 AM
I'm certainly getting the vibe they think the final is a mere formality. Up to us to give them a game.

I don't blame them one bit for the celebrations yesterday though. We got a bit nippy when we were criticised for over celebrating at Tynecastle so I'm not going to do the same to another team, even the huns, for celebrating a win that meant everything to them.

DH1875
18-04-2016, 07:48 AM
They DO think it's won tho. I read one it them on Facebook saying "when you can't sleep cos you've just beat the **** to win the treble".

Treble :tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

CallumLaidlaw
18-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Treble :tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

I know eh. I found that quite hilarious. :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
18-04-2016, 08:04 AM
I'm certainly getting the vibe they think the final is a mere formality. Up to us to give them a game.

I don't blame them one bit for the celebrations yesterday though. We got a bit nippy when we were criticised for over celebrating at Tynecastle so I'm not going to do the same to another team, even the huns, for celebrating a win that meant everything to them.

No issue with their celebrations. We would be and have been the same. They've had NOTHING they have been able to throw at Celtic for 5 years, so they are right to revel in it.

But they maybe need to remember that they aren't unbeatable just yet and are playing a team that HAVE actually beat them this season.

snooky
18-04-2016, 08:24 AM
No issue with their celebrations. We would be and have been the same. They've had NOTHING they have been able to throw at Celtic for 5 years, so they are right to revel in it.

But they maybe need to remember that they aren't unbeatable just yet and are playing a team that HAVE actually beat them this season.
Let them go on their preconceived imaginary victory trip.
No crowing or sabre rattling from us please.
As they say at the Zoo, please don't poke the animals.
Let's just give it our best shot on the day.

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2016, 09:05 AM
They beat their bitter rivals after four years.What did you expect a muted celebration?

I expect them to enjoy the fact they beat their rivals...But i don't expect them to spend the rest of the day speaking about Hibs they really are obsessed with us.

CallumLaidlaw
18-04-2016, 09:38 AM

And another one

- What a day, brilliant, the gers came through once again, atmosphere amazing in the 7 kings, treble in the post, taste of things to come, happy days

Diclonius
18-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Every club who's played us in the final has been convinced it's won. We have done nothing to change that - time to step up.

greenlex
18-04-2016, 11:34 AM
I hope they keep it up.

Toldo123
18-04-2016, 11:51 AM
I am not surprised they are confident. They have won their league of which we were in it by the middle of April. They have just beaten the current champions and to be fair outplayed them for significant stretches of the game. They are playing a team that has barely won a game in the last couple of months and that struggled to beat a truly woeful Dundee United team.

Ijust hope Stubbs does not get involved with his mind games with the baker this time. I think he should be playing down our chances and trying to put all the pressure onto Rangers. The last thing we need is him firing them up like he did for the Christmas match.

The bookies got it badly wrong yesterday but it does not happen too often. We will need to be right at our best to beat them. Hopefully with a bit of luck on the day we can sneak it and have some wild celebrations :)

Salt N Sauzee
18-04-2016, 11:54 AM

I'm still celebrating Hanlons equaliser at Tynie. They're entitled to milk the celebrations, yesterday was a big result for them. I just hope that they put so much into yesterday that they take their foot of the pedal from now until next season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-04-2016, 11:58 AM
To be fair to them, the media will still be going on about that game for ages yet so even if they played it down as a club, the telly and the hangers on won't let it go for a while .

ekhibee
18-04-2016, 02:10 PM
To be fair to Warburton he doesn't seem to be taking it for granted at all, he thinks it'll be a really hard game against Hibs. It's thanks to him they've got promoted IMHO, nobody else. If a good English job comes up he'll be off.

Cropley10
18-04-2016, 06:15 PM
The team with the second biggest budget in Scotland defeats the team with the biggest budget in Scotland.

Cue enormous over excitement that the new Club with the second biggest budget in Scotland have just got to turn up to win the Scottish Cup, which will be an enourmous, achievement, somehow....

emerald green
18-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Their lunatic fringe supporters may think the Scottish Cup has already been won, but rest assured their players and management team are not that daft.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2016, 07:23 PM
I have no problem with their celebration, winning yesterday was a huge deal to them and from 2nd hand accounts and watching the highlights on Sunday they did play very well. That wee McKay laddie is a problem to anybody on his day.

That performance will rightly make them favourites and we will really have to be at our very best on they day .... we could end up relying on a big goalkeeping performance .......... hmmmm :hmmm:

sleeping giant
18-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Every club who's played us in the final has been convinced it's won. We have done nothing to change that - time to step up.

I know there I no such thing as laws of averages but surely by the laws of averages ......,

Diclonius
18-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Rangers' arrogance is different to Hearts in 2012 for a couple reasons - firstly, their big game (vs Celtic) has already happened. There's no way they'll play at the same intensity in the final. Hearts ALWAYS stepped up against us in every game and despite their arrogance knew what they had to do to win - we were pathetic in derbies under Fenlon and have only really responded in the same way since Stubbs arrived.

Secondly, we're a considerably more matched team to our opponents this time round - the Hearts team weren't the best by any stretch but that was the worst Hibs team in my lifetime as a fan (yes, even worse than Butcher's boys) - we were absolutely hopeless prior to that game (save for a few uncharacteristically impressive performances in getting to the final) and were only saved from relegation thanks to an appalling Dunfermline side - the Hibs team of 11-12 would have been automatically relegated by some distance in 13-14.

For these reasons, Rangers' arrogance is misplaced and it could well come back to bite them. Here's hoping.

18-04-2016, 08:20 PM
Good. I hope they're planning their after match party as we speak. More than happy to go in as underdogs.

But as someone already mentioned, its just the fans who are in the "it's already won, may as well just give the cup to us now" mindset, rest assured Warburton will be keeping the players very much with their feet on the ground unfortunatly.

Pretty Boy
18-04-2016, 08:25 PM
I'd be quite happy to see Stubbs adopt a Rainieri style approach and play us down a bit publicly whilst galvnising the squad privately.

The mind games didn't really work in December so maybe time for a change of tact. They'll be coming in off a near 3 week break and in the back of their minds may think the hard work is done. I'd like to see us going in quietly confident rather than shouting our mouth off. If anyone is going to do the talking let it be them.

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Disappointing result in what was a strange match last night. Hibs weren't really in it at all but we gifted them three goals out of nothing.

— Frankie (@GersnetOnline) April 21, 2016

Really Frankie? You may want to look at how a lot of teams play these days. Possession means Nowt. We had more shots and more goals

We had all the possession but could only take two of the admittedly few clear-cut chances we created & couldn't quite grab another late on!

A poor result but not much to worry about for the Cup Final in my opinion. MW's post-match interview well worth watching for those worried!

I'm glad you feel that waY Frankie. I hope your team feel the same

Another blinkered view.

CorrieHibs
22-04-2016, 02:11 PM
I am quietly confident. Was never confident in 2012 or 2013.

Just think that we may have lady luck on our side this time. The come back at Tynie, beating Caley up there a ground where we don't have a great record and winning the semi after watching Logan become a hero.

Throw in the fact they have no Ball, Waghorn won't be match fit and they have 3 week break without a competitive match.

I am too young for 79 but my Grandad and Uncles say we were robbed. So this is revenge.

Our record isn't bad against oldco and newco in recent years.

Stokes is beginning to get match sharpe so hopefully everything is fallen in to place.

We can do this!!

Jim44
22-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Their noses are so far up their a*ses, that Sevco's main worry and pre-occupation right now is who they will get in the 2017-18 Champions League ( next season's Europa League will be a stroll in the park for them after all :rolleyes: ). I've got to say that, prior to the D Utd. game and considering our recent results, I didn't really fancy our chances of progressing, but I think we are in with a shout of upsetting a few folk in May.

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2016, 02:18 PM
I have changed my mind 50 times every day since Sunday. I do think we have a much better chance than the bookies, media and TheRangers fans give us credit for tho.