PDA

View Full Version : Sport scene

wills
17-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Was a farce, 55 minute show 42 minutes on the Celtic Rangers game

SJM
17-04-2016, 10:15 PM
How? our match was live yesterday on bbc, of course they would show extended highlights of the sky match today.

Callum7
17-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Why couldn't BBC interview Rangers?

Frazerbob
17-04-2016, 10:27 PM

Rangers have fallen out with them and don't allow them access to the team of Ibrox other than contracted games.

poolman
17-04-2016, 10:28 PM

Huns in the huff about something

Not allowed don't ye know, criticising that great 4 year old institution

truehibernian
17-04-2016, 10:29 PM

They don't have big enough cameras to fit their egos.

killie-hibby
17-04-2016, 10:47 PM
How? our match was live yesterday on bbc, of course they would show extended highlights of the sky match today.

Had the Bigots match been televised by the BBC yesterday and the Hibs match on Sky today, do you really believe that Sportscene would have given us 40+minutes and them a miserly 10 mins. Impartial! Don't hold your breath.

matty_f
17-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Our game was 0-0 after 120 minutes of football, there weren't that many highlights to show.

ekhibee
18-04-2016, 01:02 AM
I think Steven Thomson is a tosser. His 'analysis' was all about the first 45 when Sevco were on top. That seemed to be how he justified they were the better team. He also really seems to struggle to say anything complimentary about Hibs. At any time.

monktonharp
18-04-2016, 01:13 AM
I personally don't give a flyin' about Bbc .no real interest in what they say as they are fast becoming an irrelevance. their credibility has went doon the plughole on a number of things. THE Rangers, back where they want them, and still no mention of the songs spouted out yesterday at the game. Same old same old, but they have them back in the fold. bBc irrelevant to the majority in Scotland these days.

Sprouleflyer
18-04-2016, 06:33 AM
Were the sportscene stats right for the games yesterday, Rangers 63% possession Celtic 37%, yet attempts on goal were 33 Celtic and 17 Rangers?

How can you have 33 attempts but only just over a third possession?

I only watched the highlights, that Rangers defence is as suspect as ours. We need to create width, get round the back of them and we will have a great chance of winning.

Jack Ferrigan
18-04-2016, 06:45 AM
I would agree that The Rangers defence is suspect and soft but we discovered a proper goalkeeper on Saturday. Conrad Logan looks confident and commanding in his area and is not shy in giving advice to his defence. A decent keeper at last.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2016, 07:08 AM
Who really cares about Sportscene or any other media outlet and their coverage of all things Glasgow. We are Hibs,we don't care.

Joe's ice cream
18-04-2016, 07:14 AM
I'm still baffled by the opening sequence which appeared to show two separate old firm fans waking up on match day and then promptly having a wash!!

Not really sure how factually correct this portrayal is 🤔

hibs69
18-04-2016, 07:53 AM
i'm still baffled by the opening sequence which appeared to show two separate old firm fans waking up on match day and then promptly having a wash!!

Not really sure how factually correct this portrayal is 🤔

lol!

TheMentalHibees
18-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Also got to laugh at the "great advert for Scottish football" remark. A tired cliche but it's almost ironic in the context of an old firm game, one of the most vile, poisonous atmospheres one could have the displeasure of experiencing.

Diclonius
18-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Haven't watched Sportscene for years - got tired of sitting through 40 minutes of the Old Firm's games before we got blink-and-you-missed-it highlights of every other game in the league.

Why watch that pish when you can get highlights literally anywhere else?

Albanian Hibs
18-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Cant believe people actually still watch that crap

mjhibby
18-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Were the sportscene stats right for the games yesterday, Rangers 63% possession Celtic 37%, yet attempts on goal were 33 Celtic and 17 Rangers?

How can you have 33 attempts but only just over a third possession?

I only watched the highlights, that Rangers defence is as suspect as ours. We need to create width, get round the back of them and we will have a great chance of winning.

Their strength is their pace going forward but they look very vulnerable at corners and get caught a lot on the counter attack. Had Celtic final ball been better they would have won. Their keeper is the poorest I've seen for a while and never holds any decent shot. If we start with boyle and Cummings up front we will create chances. The game is 50/50 IMHO and it's who performs on the day. They won't have a game for 3 weeks and that may make a difference.

mjhibby
18-04-2016, 12:47 PM
It's like two bias fans in the pub. Poor beyond belief. Don't care a jot what they say and had sevco reached the two finals they would have been praised to the rafters. The bigot Bros semi was just as poor as our semi with loads of aimless passes. The standard of the spl is the poorest I can remember and our cup runs have shown. We have won 6 drawn 2 and lost only 1 game against spl teams. I watch highlights on the iplayer so don't have to listen to their inane drivel.

--------
18-04-2016, 12:54 PM
Anyone else pick up his comment on the Sky highlights program when we were 3-1 up in the shoot-out?

"Surely they can't Hibs it from here ...." :rolleyes:

18-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Anyone else pick up his comment on the Sky highlights program when we were 3-1 up in the shoot-out?

The whole "hibs it" nonsense is for the fans messageboards and social media, for a professional pundit to be coming out with such nonsense is unprofessional.

hibees 7062
18-04-2016, 02:44 PM

Heard it mate .

SkintHibby
18-04-2016, 06:25 PM

Andy Waller is a grade A pr1ck. Fact!

Irish_Steve
18-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Andy Walker - not even good enough to be classed as a Hibs has-been lol

Sammy7nil
18-04-2016, 10:08 PM

Hearts fan said that to my mate he replied what you talking about Hearts invented it in 1986 - Jambos gas at a peep no response :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
18-04-2016, 10:21 PM

:agree: Disgrace.

Just surprised that other fud Liam McLeod didn't say it as well.

greenginger
19-04-2016, 07:57 AM
A BBC article on another Club starting its " journey " after liquidation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36072514

Funny how they refer to them as a NEW club, and Sevco are considered the same club as the DeadCo. :confused: