PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeouch Stats

mghibs
17-04-2016, 10:10 PM
I have been discussing with fellow fans recently how much I think we miss Dylan's presence in matches and how I would be keen to investigate the stats. Now, having had some time (some would say far too much!) I have looked at games we have played, won, drawn and lost both with and without Dylan. I don't think it is fair to claim one player is instrumental to our season and I think our squad has put in a terrific shift, but still found the numbers interesting... thoughts?

With
Without

Played

Won

Drawn

Lost

Win %
71%
48%

Points/Points available
55/72
36/63

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2016, 10:13 PM
That makes painful reading...

Was our best midfielder last season (yes, better than Allan) and was great at the start of this, cant wait to have him back.

Hi Heid Yin
17-04-2016, 10:20 PM
Interesting and thought-provoking stats. Thank you for compiling them.
I do feel that we have missed McGeouch big time. Just as we have (simultaneously) missed Malonga.
Fyvie is another who we have been deprived of and whose influence can't be under-estimated.
But without question, I do feel that McGeouchs absence has impacted probably most.
He is an engine and a vital cog.
The quicker he gets back to full fitness and on top of his game the better for our promotion drive.

hibsbollah
17-04-2016, 10:28 PM
He's the energetic link between the midfield and the strikers and it's a great stat.

Keyser Sauzee
17-04-2016, 10:49 PM
When is he due back?

oldbutdim
17-04-2016, 11:19 PM
When is he due back?

Two weeks I expect.

:bandit:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Dylan is our most vital player.

monktonharp
17-04-2016, 11:34 PM
we have missed him a lot. I'm not one for stats but I do agree his absence has had an effect. I am really looking forward to him being ready for the cup final as he has a certain class that will worry our opponents.

Unseen work
18-04-2016, 12:35 AM
He is good but I wouldn't read too much into them stats.

We are playing in the championship so should win most games. That majority of the team pre frebruary would of had similar

monktonharp
18-04-2016, 01:17 AM
He is good but I wouldn't read too much into them stats.

We are playing in the championship so should win most games. That majority of the team pre frebruary would of had similardo you mean would have?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-04-2016, 04:33 AM
I have been discussing with fellow fans recently how much I think we miss Dylan's presence in matches and how I would be keen to investigate the stats. Now, having had some time (some would say far too much!) I have looked at games we have played, won, drawn and lost both with and without Dylan. I don't think it is fair to claim one player is instrumental to our season and I think our squad has put in a terrific shift, but still found the numbers interesting... thoughts?

With
Without

Played

Won

Drawn

Lost

Win %
71%
48%

Points/Points available
55/72
36/63

Beware the correlation versus causal relationship....

lucky
18-04-2016, 07:01 AM
He maybe a great player who makes us tick but for me he does not play enough games. He's always injured. There's no point being the best player in the stand.

Fergus52
18-04-2016, 09:36 AM
Need to bleed him back in slowly hopefully without further injury so he's fully fit for the playoffs

mghibs
18-04-2016, 10:38 AM
Beware the correlation versus causal relationship....

Agreed, I dont think he is the sole reason for our poor run, personally I think we have also missed Malonga's presence up front, but I do think he provides a great link from defence to attack. Often he sits just in front of the centre backs and demands the ball. Avoids the long aimless punts forward when the midfielders aren't offering themselves short.

ekhibee
18-04-2016, 12:24 PM
:top marks
He maybe a great player who makes us tick but for me he does not play enough games. He's always injured. There's no point being the best player in the stand.

jnr_hibee
18-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Need to bleed him back in slowly hopefully without further injury so he's fully fit for the playoffs

He's fit just now

gaz1875
18-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Agreed, I dont think he is the sole reason for our poor run, personally I think we have also missed Malonga's presence up front, but I do think he provides a great link from defence to attack. Often he sits just in front of the centre backs and demands the ball. Avoids the long aimless punts forward when the midfielders aren't offering themselves short.

Dylan drives the team forward and hunts the ball down when we don't have it. Fyvie does similar but slower, you notice on his return he at least tries to get us on the attack, it also showed our lack of width at times at Hampden, when he was looking to go wide and no one was there to pass to. I am a big fan of Henderson and McGinn but they just seem to overdo it at times. All four are still very young and it would be fantastic to have them all with us next year and fit!!

Pretty Boy
18-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Having McGeough and Handling fit will be important for us in the run in.

They are both capable of playing that role that bridges the midfield and forwards with their energy. Dylan is the more accomplished at it but it would be good to get them both game time in the coming weeks.

jeffers
18-04-2016, 08:35 PM
I think he's a decent player, but I genuinely don't get comments stating he's our best player and that he was better than Allan last season. Based on this season's performance I wouldn't even rate him in our top three players. I can't remember him making an assist this season and never looks like scoring a goal. He's a neat, tidy player and does try to up the tempo, but I just don't see an end product from him.

Reading various threads on here I know I'm in the minority with my views on him, but given the chance of him or Scott Allan I'd take Allan back in a minute.