PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday - Sell it out

QMU-1875
17-04-2016, 07:33 PM
How good would it be to fill Easter Road against the huns on wednesday, set a marker against them and win a match that psychologically will be huge going into the cup final.

iwasthere1972
17-04-2016, 07:40 PM
How good would it be to fill Easter Road against the huns on wednesday, set a marker against them and win a match that psychologically will be huge going into the cup final.

Not a hope in hell. 14,000 tops and that's being optimistic.

Sir David Gray
17-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Won't come anywhere near to being a sell out.

We'll be lucky if there's 14,000 at the game.

Lee Marvin
17-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Would be great, but there is more chance of hibs winning the champions league in the next 3 years unfortunately.

If we get 12k in home end I'll be relatively pleased.

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 07:42 PM
No chance. Big blocks of green seats in the home end. God knows what will turn fair weather fans into regular attendees

Hermit Crab
17-04-2016, 07:42 PM

I don't think there's much chance of a sell out. £28 on Saturday. £28 this Wednesday. Folk just can't afford it. Plus it's on tv.

BoomtownHibees
17-04-2016, 07:44 PM
No chance. Big blocks of green seats in the home end. God knows what will turn fair weather fans into regular attendees

Winning games? Being in the Premier League? Just a guess

Steve20
17-04-2016, 07:44 PM

Winning football matches. 2 league wins in 10 isn't going to do it.

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Winning football matches. 2 league wins in 10 isn't going to do it.

How long an unbeaten run do we have to go to sell ER out?

Ozyhibby
17-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Big game for them again now as they know a win will consign us to an extra two games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveF
17-04-2016, 07:47 PM

As others have said, it's live on telly and it'll cost you £28 to get in. 2 major reasons why people won't go.

Get these televised games to *****. That'll help.

.Sean.
17-04-2016, 07:48 PM
It really is disappointing knowing we'll have so many empty seats but how ironic those staying away through choice on Wednesday will be first in the que as soon as they can get their hands on cup final tickets.

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 07:50 PM
It really is disappointing knowing we'll have so many empty seats but how ironic those staying away through choice on Wednesday will be first in the que as soon as they can get their hands on cup final tickets.

Exactly. Can afford £28 for that no doubt and all the other expenses that go with it. That's on the telly too

Hibbyradge
17-04-2016, 07:51 PM

BoomtownHibees
17-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Exactly. Can afford £28 for that no doubt and all the other expenses that go with it. That's on the telly too

If somebody can only afford to go to one then it's common sense that they would choose the final no??

Sammy7nil
17-04-2016, 07:54 PM

Well first of all it would help if any run was in the top league. I am sure we would sell out if we were in Leicesters position:aok:

Sammy7nil
17-04-2016, 07:55 PM

12690 :wink:

DaveF
17-04-2016, 07:56 PM

It'll be more than £28 for the final :greengrin

On the general point, I don't see why you are getting so uptight about it. Yes, it's frustrating, but it's always been that way and it happens at every club in the land.

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 07:57 PM
If somebody can only afford to go to one then it's common sense that they would choose the final no??

It is common sense. But if you can afford £40-£50 for the final one month then you can afford £28 for a game another month surely?

Is the argument here that all the extra fans who come out for the finals can only afford to go to those games?

BoomtownHibees
17-04-2016, 07:59 PM
It is common sense. But if you can afford £40-£50 for the final one month then you can afford £28 for a game another month surely?

Is the argument here that all the extra fans who come out for the finals can only afford to go to those games?

How do you know what folk can or can't afford?

Every other club in the land has more folk looking for semi/final tickets than run of the mill league games.

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 08:02 PM
It'll be more than £28 for the final :greengrin

On the general point, I don't see why you are getting so uptight about it. Yes, it's frustrating, but it's always been that way and it happens at every club in the land.

I'm not getting uptight. Just questioning what does the club have to do to add an extra 3000 or so on the gate each week?

Good players? - got some
Good style of play? - doing it
Winning games? - were for a prolonged period of time

I don't buy into the price is too high. It pains me to say it but hearts near enough sell out almost every home game. If they can do it why can't we?

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 08:02 PM
How do you know what folk can or can't afford?

Every other club in the land has more folk looking for semi/final tickets than run of the mill league games.

Common sense?

Golden Bear
17-04-2016, 08:03 PM
11502. It's a TV game which will undoubtedly affect the size of the crowd.

BoomtownHibees
17-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Common sense?

So it's common sense knowing what other folk can or can't afford??

QMU-1875
17-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Im no saying that it will be a sell out, but why not try promote the game a bit. A big crowd behind the team for the run in, we could achieve greatness this season. The stay away fans don't realise that we need them at these league games too. Wednesday is the opportunity to go into the final with a victory hanging over them.

DaveF
17-04-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm not getting uptight. Just questioning what does the club have to do to add an extra 3000 or so on the gate each week?

Good players? - got some

I don't buy into the price is too high. It pains me to say it but hearts near enough sell out almost every home game. If they can do it why can't we?

Good style of play - nah, sorry cannot agree with that.

We have been consistently inconsistent, that's the biggest problem. Football fans are not complicated beasts. Winning games and scoring goals = higher attendances. We ain't been doing that.

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 08:09 PM
So it's common sense knowing what other folk can or can't afford??

Just using your terminology. It's called budgeting. If you can afford to go to the cup final at the end of May why can't you afford to go to a game mid April?

Lancs Harp
17-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Be interesting to see how the two teams approach this game.

Staying over for this one, but at the expense of attending the Dumbarton game. My money tree is looking a bit autumn.

'Mon the Hibs

:flag:

BoomtownHibees
17-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Just using your terminology. It's called budgeting. If you can afford to go to the cup final at the end of May why can't you afford to go to a game mid April?

What a strange logic!!

As I've said, we have no idea what folk can or can't afford and if it comes to only going to one game then it's going to be the final.

SlickShoes
17-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Good style of play - nah, sorry cannot agree with that.

We have been consistently inconsistent, that's the biggest problem. Football fans are not complicated beasts. Winning games and scoring goals = higher attendances. We ain't been doing that.

I dunno how folk fail to see this point of view as valid. People will come back when we are a good team to watch, for most of 2016 we have been as dull as dishwater to watch.

The last 2 games I have attended have been brutal, Alloa and the semi final just there. We need to find a way to start scoring goals or we are going nowhere despite being in the cup final.

SlickShoes
17-04-2016, 08:27 PM

Personally I am off to London to run the marathon raising money for charity, I'm sure hibs can do without me for 1 week.

Are you going to berate people for picking and choosing which play off games to go to as well? If anyone making a normal living can afford to potentially attend play off games and the cup final then they are doing well, frankly that's way beyond my budget in life so I will have to pick and choose the games I go to over the next month.

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 08:35 PM
What a strange logic!!

As I've said, we have no idea what folk can or can't afford and if it comes to only going to one game then it's going to be the final.

Far from a strange logic. Its called making choices. People for whatever reason choose to only go to finals. I'm asking why and suggesting that the cost argument isn't the actual real reason

17-04-2016, 08:39 PM
be lucky to get 14,000 but no doubt the daytrippers will be out in force begging for final tickets :rolleyes:

And btw before anyone says, I completely understand there are some folk out there who cant afford to go every other week or so or have family/work commitments etc. but i know for a fact there are plenty folk out there who simply don't bother their arse but are suddenly in a rush for tickets when it comes to big events like cup finals.

Not tryna start an "uber fan" debate but we need fans every week not just at cup finals.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Far from a strange logic. Its called making choices. People for whatever reason choose to only go to finals. I'm asking why and suggesting that the cost argument isn't the actual real reason

I'm going to the final because i have become a glory hunter who really only goes to the big games these days. Although i never went yesterday because i couldn't muster the enthusiasm for the early start.

I have no idea why some folk cant get their heads around why folk pick and choose their games. :confused:

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Personally I am off to London to run the marathon raising money for charity, I'm sure hibs can do without me for 1 week.

Are you going to berate people for picking and choosing which play off games to go to as well? If anyone making a normal living can afford to potentially attend play off games and the cup final then they are doing well, frankly that's way beyond my budget in life so I will have to pick and choose the games I go to over the next month.

I'm not berating anyone. I'm not having a go at you for running a marathon. I'm not having a go at someone who decides to watch on tv instead. I'm not having a go at someone who would rather go shopping on a Saturday.

I'm asking why can we attract 30,000 for cup finals and less than 10,000 for a home game.

For what it's worth the final and the play offs will be skinning me too. If we have to go through 3 rounds of play offs I may miss the first away game on financial grounds. However you're missing my point it you think these are the fans I'm questioning

DaveF
17-04-2016, 08:43 PM

It's one reason.

Another one is the absolutely dire results and performances we have been putting in of late. Which you will have noticed has coincided with the drop in attendances.

Simple really.

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2016, 08:48 PM
I dunno how folk fail to see this point of view as valid. People will come back when we are a good team to watch, for most of 2016 we have been as dull as dishwater to watch.

The last 2 games I have attended have been brutal, Alloa and the semi final just there. We need to find a way to start scoring goals or we are going nowhere despite being in the cup final.

We went more than 20 games undefeated and it made little difference to the attendance.

Sergey
17-04-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm going to the final because i have become a glory hunter who really only goes to the big games these days. Although i never went yesterday because i couldn't muster the enthusiasm for the early start.

I have no idea why some folk cant get their heads around why folk pick and choose their games. :confused:

Give me a shout if you need a ticket for the final as this little glory hunter may have a tranche of debenture tickets to hand.

Absolutely NO LOYALTY POINTS NEEDED.

It'll cost you a fine bottle of red, though :agree:

weststandhibby
17-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Ticket bought for Wednesday and I'll be at next home games because I want a cup final ticket and that will take me over 100 points. If that makes me a glory hunter then so be it!

17-04-2016, 09:00 PM

Well I guess because it just so happens that the games they pick are the big fancy days out. Obviously folk coming from far away have to pick and chose their games and fair enough they will obviously chose the more glamorous ones i.e hampden semi/final but like I said before, plenty people who live close who can go to the games can't be bothered but will quite happily tag along to the big events.

Hibby 2005
17-04-2016, 09:00 PM
The league is over so I think people will be saving their pennies in the hope of a Cup Final ticket!

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Give me a shout if you need a ticket for the final as this little glory hunter may have a tranche of debenture tickets to hand.

Absolutely NO LOYALTY POINTS NEEDED.

It'll cost you a fine bottle of red, though :agree:

Empty your PM's G.

DaveF
17-04-2016, 09:03 PM
We went more than 20 games undefeated and it made little difference to the attendance.

We did, but there is a strong argument to be made for the quality of football on offer during that run. We were hardly blitzing teams off the pitch were we? It was still slow, ponderous football for the most part. In short, pretty boring to watch.

Sergey
17-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Empty your PM's G.

Done - it was full of Warnings and Infractions :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Done - it was full of Warnings and Infractions :greengrin

:greengrin :aok:

SJM
17-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Anything to have a go at some of the support that have been that scunnered over the way the club has went the last 8 years or so they choose to no longer attend.

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 09:11 PM
We did, but there is a strong argument to be made for the quality of football on offer during that run. We were hardly blitzing teams off the pitch were we? It was still slow, ponderous football for the most part. In short, pretty boring to watch.

As a side from this -

Man Utd have been horrendous to watch this season, sure there was an article which stated the OT faithful statistically had the lowest value for money in terms of goals scored there by either team. You'll struggle to get a ticket for old trafford even with there being little to play for in the league.

Man City are a good side to watch, dishing out a few hammerings this season. Still writhin a shout of the league until a couple weeks back. One of the easiest stadiums in the PL to get a ticket for. They couldn't even sell out the PSG game!

Does this situation not go against your argument?

Our loyal stronghold is about 8-10,000. In a city the size of Edinburgh that number should/could be 15,000 but it's not. For whatever reason.

Soldiersteve
17-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Making choices is correct. Travel costs are a major factor for me as I live in England. I have only managed 4 home games all season. I wasn't at Hampden yesterday but I was at the League Cup Final.
However, I knew I would be unable to attend many games before supporting the club by buying a season ticket.
I won't be able to attend the Final.

Sergey
17-04-2016, 09:20 PM
:greengrin :aok:

When I said a 'nice bottle of red' - I wasn't referring to one from the Stanley Rd Social Club wine list.

Speedy
17-04-2016, 09:21 PM
I'm not berating anyone. I'm not having a go at you for running a marathon. I'm not having a go at someone who decides to watch on tv instead. I'm not having a go at someone who would rather go shopping on a Saturday.

I'm asking why can we attract 30,000 for cup finals and less than 10,000 for a home game.

For what it's worth the final and the play offs will be skinning me too. If we have to go through 3 rounds of play offs I may miss the first away game on financial grounds. However you're missing my point it you think these are the fans I'm questioning

Priorities.

Some people will value a cup final higher than a league game. You get league games every other week, finals are a good bit rarer.

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Making choices is correct. Travel costs are a major factor for me as I live in England. I have only managed 4 home games all season. I wasn't at Hampden yesterday but I was at the League Cup Final.
However, I knew I would be unable to attend many games before supporting the club by buying a season ticket.
I won't be able to attend the Final.

Nobody expects fans who live far away to travel to the majority of home games. I'm sure the 20,000 extra that come out for cup finals don't all stay far and wide.

ackeygraham
17-04-2016, 09:25 PM

Good players? - got some

Cheaper prices would help. Would you rather have 20k at £20 or 9k at £28 quid.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

hibee1875
17-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Cheaper prices would help. Would you rather have 20k at £20 or 9k at £28 quid.

Have you read through this thread? I'm suggesting the reason for the stay away fans for league games is not the price

renato
17-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Man Utd have tens of millions of "fans" in the UK and around the world, some of whom make their annual trip to OT to support "their" team which means they'll always have sell outs or close to, given their brand. City are not on that scale (yet).

Anyway, if Hibs or Hearts were in the PL we'd also have no problem hitting 30k every second week, with the calibre of player on show and opposition teams visiting, regardless of the quality of football.

Meantime we are where we are and Dave's point re slow, low scoring and (recently) unsuccessful football, coupled with the division we're in and the repeated years of punishment we've taken, it's no surprise we've got lower crowds just now. Win games well and consistently, get promoted and punch our weight then we'll see the bigger attendances again and some sell outs for the big games. It's pretty simple.

BTW - everyone that attends on Wed is guaranteed a cup final ticket....that'll boost the crowd :greengrin

ackeygraham
17-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Have you read through this thread? I'm suggesting the reason for the stay away fans for league games is not the price
Yeah been reading it it and was only commenting on that part. Other factors for this game would be tv probably. Hibs have a core support of 9k, anything above that is what we're calling the fair weather fans who'd be attending. Plus the knuckle draggers in attendance

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2016, 09:34 PM
When I said a 'nice bottle of red' - I wasn't referring to one from the Stanley Rd Social Club wine list.

I know that, i will go to tesco and pick the best bottle they have for £3.99. :greengrin

inglisavhibs
17-04-2016, 09:38 PM
There have been some really good games at Easter Road this season, admittedly most of them in cup ties but the improvement since the Fenlon, Butcher days is there for all to see. Recent performances have been affected by fatigue in playing too many midweek games together with injuries to key players. Stubbs hopefully learns from this season however it pans out and becomes a better manager next season. The balance of our squad is not quite right and pace, width and lack of goals from midfield should be addressed. The support is still there and there will be the usual huge demand for final tickets.

Hi Heid Yin
17-04-2016, 09:47 PM

Every time we get to a cup final the attacks on the stay-aways (some refer to them as glory hunters) gets under way.
I say let's be glad that we at least have a large support who help fill our end (and more) at Hampden.
The stayaways were indistinguishable from the die-hards when "Sunshine On Leith" was being belted out in 2007. It made for an incredible spectacle for a watching world.
Try to remember that our potential lies is in those stay-aways.
We should welcome our extended Hibs family and encourage them along to the more mundane/bread and butter games, not turn on them when tickets are up for grabs for cup finals.

DaveF
18-04-2016, 08:24 AM
As a side from this -

Man Utd have been horrendous to watch this season, sure there was an article which stated the OT faithful statistically had the lowest value for money in terms of goals scored there by either team. You'll struggle to get a ticket for old trafford even with there being little to play for in the league.

Man City are a good side to watch, dishing out a few hammerings this season. Still writhin a shout of the league until a couple weeks back. One of the easiest stadiums in the PL to get a ticket for. They couldn't even sell out the PSG game!

Our loyal stronghold is about 8-10,000. In a city the size of Edinburgh that number should/could be 15,000 but it's not. For whatever reason.

Are you serious?

Man United have had about 3 ***** (in relative terms) seasons in 30 and won a skip full of trophies. Fans are not going to bugger off that quickly as they know success isn't too far away.

As for City, maybe they are at the limit for their fan base or perhaps pricing out those who want to but cannot go.

Hibbyradge
18-04-2016, 08:44 AM

Folk understandably choose to spend their money on things that attract and interest them regardless of their wealth.

A cup final is more attractive than a midweek game so more people will want to go.

It's not rocket science.

I have no intention of going to the Rangers game but I'll be pulling out the stops to be at the final.

jgl07
18-04-2016, 09:11 AM
As a side from this -

City did sell out the PSG match. The BBC reported inaccurately that that hadn't sold it out.The only empty block of seats were in the top tier of the PSG allocation. Seats are easier to come by this season because the stadium was expanded by 7,000 or so up to around 55,000. City still sell around 98% of tickets for League matches often having to fill half to three quarters of the away support section.

It will be expanded again next season up to 61,000. It is only just over 10 years back that City had a stadium of less than 35,000 capacity.

I would agree with you about Hibs potential support but history is against this. Playing in the Scottish League does not help especially being in the second tier. Hibs certainly haven't averaged anything like that in the last 30 years maybe longer.

hibee
18-04-2016, 09:18 AM
Out of all the fans I know, the ones that still go to games regularly are definitely in the minority nowadays.

I can't think of anyone I know well that couldn't afford a season ticket let alone one or two games. It's just that they have all drifted away and there's probably only a few that would return if we were doing well in the top league.

I've had a ST for about 25 years and very nearly didn't renew. I'm finding with work, kids etc that I could do with some more spare time so the amount of midweek games is a real struggle this season but appreciate it's down to our decent cup runs so can't complain too much.

In the end my kids persuaded me to renew on the last day of early bird but I can see how easy it is to walk away.

At least we have these fans that can appear for hampden only games, it would be worse if we couldn't sell out finals.

Alex Trager
18-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Big game for them again now as they know a win will consign us to an extra two games.

Is this fact?

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Anything to have a go at some of the support that have been that scunnered over the way the club has went the last 8 years or so they choose to no longer attend.

Well, no its not is it?

The fans being discussed on threads like this aren't the ones who choose not to attend ..... they are the ones who don't support the club on a Saturday but choose to attend finals. Obviously not scunnered enough that they have given up altogether.

You've seen the TV deal on offer from the BBC I presume? Clubs like Hibs need paying punters to survive, never mind put anything like a decent team on the park, there's a hundred reasons for folk not to support the club week in week out, most of them perfectly valid ...... but at the end of the day the 8,000 or so who are keeping the club going through their love of it are just as 'scunnered' by the last 7 years as the non attenders.

When the 8,000 turn up for Hibs v Falkirk in a vital league game and see that we are the only ones out of the 16,000 who turned up for the Hearts game that could be bothered to support Hibs in a must win game 4 weeks later how can anybody be surprised if we have a lukewarm attitude to our fellow fans who have an equally lukewarm attitude to the good health of the club we are all supposed to care about.

FWIW .... I agree that £28 is too expensive for a Championship game, Cat 'A' or not.

scoopyboy
18-04-2016, 10:09 AM

Not really true though Blackpool.

Trouble is some folk may believe that.:greengrin

scoopyboy
18-04-2016, 10:14 AM

Don't think that will even come into their thinking.

If it did it would make more sense to let Hibs win.

If anything it's in their best interests to have us in the play off final three days before the final and three days after (or thereabouts).

To be honest they will think the cup is won and we won't even be on their radar.

Jones28
18-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Unfortunately I'm working but it'll be on in my pub! Hopefully the Linlithgow huns are all elsewhere so I can celebrate the goals banging in 👍💚

Ringothedog
18-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Is this fact?

No

SlickShoes
18-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Well, no its not is it?

The fans being discussed on threads like this aren't the ones who choose not to attend ..... they are the ones who don't support the club on a Saturday but choose to attend finals. Obviously not scunnered enough that they have given up altogether.

You've seen the TV deal on offer from the BBC I presume? Clubs like Hibs need paying punters to survive, never mind put anything like a decent team on the park, there's a hundred reasons for folk not to support the club week in week out, most of them perfectly valid ...... but at the end of the day the 8,000 or so who are keeping the club going through their love of it are just as 'scunnered' by the last 7 years as the non attenders.

When the 8,000 turn up for Hibs v Falkirk in a vital league game and see that we are the only ones out of the 16,000 who turned up for the Hearts game that could be bothered to support Hibs in a must win game 4 weeks later how can anybody be surprised if we have a lukewarm attitude to our fellow fans who have an equally lukewarm attitude to the good health of the club we are all supposed to care about.

FWIW .... I agree that £28 is too expensive for a Championship game, Cat 'A' or not.

Fellow fans, supporting the same team you are, wanting them to win, followed them for generations. But care not, you have attended more games and must judge these people.

I don't understand the hatred some people have towards people who can't go/won't go every week.

Regular attendees will get priority over cup final tickets, that's a no brainer but why do you have to belittle the other fans that will want to attend as well? does it make you feel big and important?

Hibs should just sell 1 ticket per season ticket holder and qualifying uber fans and give the rest to rangers, that might make you happier than having lapsed hibs fans attend big games.

Biffa Bacon
18-04-2016, 10:31 AM
I know a few folk (who go to most games btw) who refuse to pay £28 to watch a league game in the Championship out of principle. No games in this league should be billed as Category A . It's the Championship FFS, every game should be Cat B! So yes, price is one of the main reasons the attendance will be low.

FromTheCapital
18-04-2016, 11:29 AM
For a club our size, the attendances at Easter Road are nothing short of embarrassing.

7,000-9,000 is the norm with 10,000 at a push. However, every time we reach a cup final, people demand tickets... It's mental!

Hopefully, those who have backed the team's home and away through, undoubtedly, a difficult period in recent weeks will all get tickets for the final and get what they deserve.

It should be a big Hibs crowd on Wednesday but sadly, it won't be. I expect about 13,000-14,000 with a packed Hun end.

HappyHanlon
18-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Absolute stick on that if you're guaranteed first wave for a cup final ticket it would be sold out rapid.

Day trippers raiding the bairns piggy bank etc...

SlickShoes
18-04-2016, 11:40 AM
For a club our size, the attendances at Easter Road are nothing short of embarrassing.

7,000-9,000 is the norm with 10,000 at a push. However, every time we reach a cup final, people demand tickets... It's mental!

Hopefully, those who have backed the team's home and away through, undoubtedly, a difficult period in recent weeks will all get tickets for the final and get what they deserve.

It should be a big Hibs crowd on Wednesday but sadly, it won't be. I expect about 13,000-14,000 with a packed Hun end.

The people that deserve tickets will get them though, hibs will reward season ticket holders and probably people who buy one for next year.

Your post is just another dig at folk who don't regularly attend.

These people aren't demanding tickets, they want a chance to be able to get tickets sure but no one is on here making demands. The only people in a huff over this cup final are the uber fans that think other hibs fans aren't as worthy as them to support the same team.

Given our current form and status in Scottish football I don't think the attendances are surprising at all, the biggest embarrassment being how we have played over the last 2/3 months, not the number of people in the stands.

FromTheCapital
18-04-2016, 12:33 PM
The people that deserve tickets will get them though, hibs will reward season ticket holders and probably people who buy one for next year.

Your post is just another dig at folk who don't regularly attend.

These people aren't demanding tickets, they want a chance to be able to get tickets sure but no one is on here making demands. The only people in a huff over this cup final are the uber fans that think other hibs fans aren't as worthy as them to support the same team.

Given our current form and status in Scottish football I don't think the attendances are surprising at all, the biggest embarrassment being how we have played over the last 2/3 months, not the number of people in the stands.

This 'uber fans' is a load of pish.

Those who are there week in, week out and travel to places like Inverness and Dumfries in midweek are far more worthy to support the team.

Trust me, there will be thousands of Hibs fans who will make a fuss over tickets despite not attending a game all season apart bar a few big ones because they have "supported the club" for a very long time. So sorry for them.

Andy74
18-04-2016, 12:36 PM
The moment we fell out of winning the league this game went from potential sell out to lucky if you get 12,000!

DaveF
18-04-2016, 01:25 PM

I'm assuming you are reasonably young, as having had the (mis) fortune to grow up watching Hibs in the 80's crowds then were regularly much, much lower than that.

I don't do away days very much now as I simply can't afford it. Been there and done it all in my younger days every week without fail and will not doubt return to that scenario as my kids move out and my disposable income increases. I'll get a cup final ticket, perhaps 2 if they allocate them in the way I hope they do and as long as we sell out I don't care who gets the rest once ST holders are taken care of.

The anger and nonsense from some of the younger brigade to other fans is nothing more than arrogance, stupidity or both.

FromTheCapital
18-04-2016, 01:55 PM
I'm assuming you are reasonably young, as having had the (mis) fortune to grow up watching Hibs in the 80's crowds then were regularly much, much lower than that.

I don't do away days very much now as I simply can't afford it. Been there and done it all in my younger days every week without fail and will not doubt return to that scenario as my kids move out and my disposable income increases. I'll get a cup final ticket, perhaps 2 if they allocate them in the way I hope they do and as long as we sell out I don't care who gets the rest once ST holders are taken care of.

The anger and nonsense from some of the younger brigade to other fans is nothing more than arrogance, stupidity or both.

I'm 27. I just expect better, that's all.

SlickShoes
18-04-2016, 02:05 PM
This 'uber fans' is a load of pish.

Those who are there week in, week out and travel to places like Inverness and Dumfries in midweek are far more worthy to support the team.

Trust me, there will be thousands of Hibs fans who will make a fuss over tickets despite not attending a game all season apart bar a few big ones because they have "supported the club" for a very long time. So sorry for them.

Supporting the team is supporting the team, nothing makes you more worth, it's not like supporting hibs is some kind of privilege in life that's sought after.

There will be thousands of fans making a fuss over tickets and that itself is a good thing, gets people interested in hibs again because the team have managed to do something good in getting to the final. The more good things the team do the more people will come to watch them.

No one that doesn't attend regularly needs your sympathy and they won't be grudging tickets to people who sit and watch hibs week in week out regardless of performance/league position.

Only attending big games is still supporting the club whether you like it or not, sorry that some people don't meet your criteria of a real supporter.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2016, 02:17 PM
I'm 27. I just expect better, that's all.

I expect better too for the £400 it costs to watch us, for me its not worth it, it appears i'm not on my own.

I wish i was 27 again. :greengrin

Some folk will go regardless, others will go most weeks and others less frequently. I wonder why some folk fail to grasp this, its very easy to understand?

Anyone who goes these days deserves success, watching alloa or dumbarton or livi does not appeal enough for me.

Its life.

Winston Ingram
18-04-2016, 02:19 PM

Good players? - got some

Well we've got one of them.

Playing in a way that the rest of the league worked out how to play against a long time ago is not good football and we now have gone the opposite and now have stopping winning on a consistent basis for a long period of time.

JIm
18-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Another midweek game that i'll be unable to attend due to football commitments. Between myself, my asst, and at least three of my players who are all season ticket holders we will not make it along again due to the midweek scheduling.

Sh itemare.

rcarter1
18-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Mid week generally not ideal for me but Im saving all of my cash for the Play off Home leg(s).

Stuarty27
18-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Another midweek game that i'll be unable to attend due to football commitments. Between myself, my asst, and at least three of my players who are all season ticket holders we will not make it along again due to the midweek scheduling.

Sh itemare.

move the training to another night ?

JIm
18-04-2016, 04:38 PM
move the training to another night ?

It's a game on Wednesday. Sadly its not as straight forward as that a lot of the time due to training lets/training venues etc

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Fellow fans, supporting the same team you are, wanting them to win, followed them for generations. But care not, you have attended more games and must judge these people.

I don't understand the hatred some people have towards people who can't go/won't go every week.

Regular attendees will get priority over cup final tickets, that's a no brainer but why do you have to belittle the other fans that will want to attend as well? does it make you feel big and important?

Hibs should just sell 1 ticket per season ticket holder and qualifying uber fans and give the rest to rangers, that might make you happier than having lapsed hibs fans attend big games.

I don't have ( and never have had ) a problem with the folk who turn out for big games .... absolutely every club has them and needs them. But lets not pretend that a club can survive on that sort of casual support. Supporting a club is more than semis and finals ..... if I'm down on folk who don't commit more to the club its because I want it to survive and its going to get harder and harder for it to do that if more folk who call themselves Hibs 'supporters' don't do just that ..... 'support' ..... the club.

Knowing that I am one of only 7 to 9 thousand folk who are still prepared to support the club on a weekly basis doesn't make me feel "big and important" it makes me feel depressed, especially when I take my seat for some games and see the east and west stands barely half full.

As for your last sentence ..... get off yer bloody high horse, my post didn't suggest any such thing.