PDA

View Full Version : Cup final fans display?

Renfrew_Hibby
17-04-2016, 05:02 PM
You can be sure the bluenoses will have something 'special' for the curva west of Hampden when the teams come out, don't know if there was anything today as i don't watch old firm games.
Can we do something to match or better it? What do people suggest?

hibs69
17-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Not being on holiday or on a "shift" would be a start!

tamig
17-04-2016, 05:12 PM
These displays have never helped us in the past. Very pretty and nothing else. Leave it to the hun I say.

Itsnoteasy
17-04-2016, 05:24 PM
These displays have never helped us in the past. Very pretty and nothing else. Leave it to the hun I say.

Looks good for the telly. But no good when u r there

TheReg!
17-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Maybe not so much as a display but the lads with the drum are no good down the front of the North, get high into the corner of the east to generate a better atmosphere 👍🏻

Vini1875
17-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Flags and scarves for me.

Libby Hibby
17-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Just everyone to where a green top of some kind would look pretty decent

Pete
17-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Nah, none of that.

fat freddy
17-04-2016, 05:40 PM
If Sevco have a display it is certain that the cameras will focus on this and ignore any Hibs display as happened at The Celtic 3-0 final a few years ago. A good idea would be if everyone wore green in one section, next section everyone wear white, and repeat at each section, that's a display that would last all day. Hard to organise though...

truehibernian
17-04-2016, 05:42 PM
No displays, no dot counts, no trips to Spain 😀

Keith_M
17-04-2016, 05:42 PM
How about we have a card display that makes a giant tricolour.

:duck:

:greengrin

biffo1875
17-04-2016, 05:46 PM
You can be sure the bluenoses will have something 'special' for the curva west of Hampden when the teams come out, don't know if there was anything today as i don't watch old firm games.

hard core hibs fans for me :flag::flag::flag:

Canon Hannan
17-04-2016, 06:01 PM
How about we have a card display that makes a giant tricolour.

:greengrin
Perfect......for our keeper hee hee

17-04-2016, 06:09 PM
The displays we had in the past at hampden looked magic (especially the celtic final one) and well done to everyone who put in such a brilliant effort organising them but for me i'd rather we just turned our end green with flags/scarves/tops/hats etc etc. When the teams come out I don't want us hiding behind bits of cards, I'd rather the entire hibs supoort sang and shouted at the top of their lungs and made as much noise as possible to spur on the boys.

GreenLake
17-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Welcome to your 1st Scottish Cup final Sevco

One Day Soon
17-04-2016, 06:29 PM
I'd like:

"114 years. THIS is what loyal really looks like"

hfc rd
17-04-2016, 06:36 PM
What about the flags that we done in the 2012 final?

nairn hibee
17-04-2016, 07:16 PM
A card display with kick bigotry out of Scotland would wind them up a bit

Sprouleflyer
17-04-2016, 07:22 PM

That is what I was thinking.

The previous displays have been brilliant but they have been done enough.

A simple buy/bring a flag campaign allows everyone that wants to get involved.

The pictures of Wembley and Hampden back in the 70's and early 80's covered in Scotland flags looked amazing on TV when the players walked out and recreating that with Hibs flags around half of Hampden would look magical.

cwilliamson85
17-04-2016, 07:41 PM
The display by rangers today was very well executed and looked very impactful on the TV.

If we could do something along these lines (a couple of sections of same colour flags and banner across front) I think would suffice and also not get in the way of people who don't to be under a piece of card when the players walk out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 07:44 PM
If we could get alternate sections all in one colour so 1 green then 1 white then 1 green again and so on I think that would look good.

Being late May the weather could be kind so if we could get some money raised to put a cheap t shirt on everybodys seats it could be doable.

weonlywon6-2
17-04-2016, 08:19 PM
What about a large Hector the tax man wearing a Hibs scarf 😀😀😇

Callum7
17-04-2016, 08:22 PM
What about a large Hector the tax man wearing a Hibs scarf 

This:aok:

BroxburnHibee
17-04-2016, 08:33 PM

Yep agree with this. Get a flag campaign going that's all we need

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Nae need for organised display pish,just fans in green and white making plenty of noise.

One Day
17-04-2016, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=Keekaboo;4652298]How about we have a card display that makes a giant tricolour.

Now there's a good idea. Cant see that upsetting any one :greengrin

GreenCastle
17-04-2016, 11:42 PM
I'd like:

"114 years. THIS is what loyal really looks like"

Haha! Very good.

I think it's a great opportunity to do something with a massive TV and media audience.

Some serious thought and discussions would need to take place with the club.

The green and white sections / display has been done by Celtic.

For me it would be simple - small green flags like 2012 or a complete green out with everyone wearing green. Though fans may not travel in colours.

lyonhibs
18-04-2016, 08:22 AM
Just loads of Hibs fans gieing it laldy will be good enough for me.

To hell with concerning ourselves with the "opportunity" and worldwide audience. Football should be -as much as possible- for the fans that are there at the match, not for those sitting in the pub.

I say that as someone who'll most probably be in the pub for this over, FWIW.

Thecat23
18-04-2016, 08:23 AM
Only display I want to see is Hibs beating them on the park and lifting the cup. The rest I couldn't care less about.

SeanWilson
18-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Only display I want to see is Hibs beating them on the park and lifting the cup. The rest I couldn't care less about.

:agree:

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Just wear something green, something white, or something green & white .... bring a flag or scarf if you can and FFS make a noise. Simple :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
18-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Think something to show the diversity amongst Hibs fans would show them up for what they are. Everyone with a wee coloured flag indicating their religious/sexual orientation. Green for Catholic, White for Protestant, Yellow for Atheist, Rainbow for Gay/Lesbian, Red Hindu, Blue for Jewish, Orange for Muslim and other colours for what you feel you are. Would be a powerful message and very colourful.

iwasthere1972
18-04-2016, 11:47 AM

The only display we need at the final is a good one for the entire 90 or 120 minutes from the team. Hibs top and scarf is all that is required from the fans.

RIP
18-04-2016, 01:11 PM
You have to laugh at the "all we have to do is wear a green top & scarf" brigade. A bunch of 25 lads near me on Saturday. Not single one wearing a top or scarf. The only replica strips in the bottom 10 rows were worn by three auld fat blokes (I was one).

Put the Huns into the mix and you will be lucky if 20% will be wearing Hibs colours.

Sad but true!

Renfrew_Hibby
18-04-2016, 01:42 PM
When Dundee Utd played County in the 2010 final didn't all the Arabs wear orange t-shirts? Looked no bad I thought. Don't forget if its a sunny day our end will be bathed in sunshine whereas there end will be in the shade. That factor helped the Dundee Utd fans that day.

18-04-2016, 04:31 PM
When Dundee Utd played County in the 2010 final didn't all the Arabs wear orange t-shirts? Looked no bad I thought. Don't forget if its a sunny day our end will be bathed in sunshine whereas there end will be in the shade. That factor helped the Dundee Utd fans that day.

Did they put a t-shirt on each seat or was it just a case of telling everyone to bring one? Not a bad idea, i'd chip in money to get t-shirts. would make the hibs end look even better.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2016, 07:04 PM
Did they put a t-shirt on each seat or was it just a case of telling everyone to bring one? Not a bad idea, i'd chip in money to get t-shirts. would make the hibs end look even better.

I'll be wearing my retro Hibs top ............ folk who don't own anything green can wear gratis T shirts if they need to I suppose. I can understand folk getting the trains or other public transport not wanting to make themselves a target, but if I was in that position I would have my Hibs stuff in a bag and put it on when it was safe to do it.

That aside I cant understand why anybody would go to a cup final without wearing something in the clubs colours ..... even if its something white to contrast the green most folk will surely be wearing.

monktonharp
18-04-2016, 10:45 PM
You have to laugh at the "all we have to do is wear a green top & scarf" brigade. A bunch of 25 lads near me on Saturday. Not single one wearing a top or scarf. The only replica strips in the bottom 10 rows were worn by three auld fat blokes (I was one).

Put the Huns into the mix and you will be lucky if 20% will be wearing Hibs colours.

Sad but true!:agree: I think our fans, mainly the younger ones, have lost their way a bit when it comes to major events or at least what they wear at finals. we have been at so many, and been scunnered by most of them but I hope we can appear this time wearing our colours proudly. we have not been liquidated, our opponents have. we have not disgraced our country by continued bigoted songs, they have. they are the favourites but we must stand up to them not just on the pitch, but also on the terraces. show your colours and lets make it our day!

jgl07
19-04-2016, 05:11 AM
What's the point?

The cameras will go nowhere near the Hibs end.