PDA

View Full Version : Keep an eye on Media now

PPZPOL
17-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Now that it is confirmed its The Rangers in the final keep eyes on media, my thoughts are that it will pan out like this over the next month, with a notch turned up in the week before the final....

Media: So Alan, The Teddy Bears in the final, was that who you wanted? Is that the easier game compared to Celtic? Are you glad it is them and do you want revenge for losing league to them?

AS: Well I wouldn't say that, any cup final will be difficult to win but I think it gives me 2 more options with Henderson and Stokes available to play so from that respect I'm happy it's The Rangers I suppose. It's also not really about revenge but we obviously want to win and get our hands on the cup.

Headlines day after on front and back pages.....

"Stubbs DELIGHTED to be facing easier test in final"
"Stubbs reports that they want to get hands on cup and revenge is driving team on"

Followed by interviews with your usual donuts from them saying various garbage like -

"Disrespectful from Stubbs"
"We won't lower ourselves to talk about Hibs like that" (while speaking about us in an interview)
"That's our team talk done already after Stubbs' disgusting comments about how easy it will be etc etc"

This may seem a stretch, but I genuinely think we need to handle the press better this time, if it means giving them nothing so be it. There's been a few times AS has been burnt when he has actually said nothing like what the papers have reported so I'm hoping he'll have it under control this time.

truehibernian
17-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Daily Record have already started it within the hour with a 'Hibs fixture pile up' story.

There'll be a few days of Deila rubbish interlaced with a go at Stubbs's treble comments earlier in the season and heavy plugging of the fact The Rangers can do a treble.

Sioux
17-04-2016, 04:21 PM
It matters not a jot what Stubbs or anyone else says or doesn't say. The hun loving media will do whatever they want. If he refuses to say anything he'll be "running scared." If he dares to suggest that Hibs might win he'll be "showing no respect".

These clowns will in the media will be right up for this.

....stards

jacomo
17-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Daily Record have already started it within the hour with a 'Hibs fixture pile up' story.

There'll be a few days of Deila rubbish interlaced with a go at Stubbs's treble comments earlier in the season and heavy plugging of the fact The Rangers can do a treble.

I heard this treble chat on the radio this afternoon and it took me a while what they were referring to.

The sh**iest treble in history.

Colr
17-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Now that it is confirmed its The Rangers in the final keep eyes on media, my thoughts are that it will pan out like this over the next month, with a notch turned up in the week before the final....

Media: So Alan, The Teddy Bears in the final, was that who you wanted? Is that the easier game compared to Celtic? Are you glad it is them and do you want revenge for losing league to them?

AS: Well I wouldn't say that, any cup final will be difficult to win but I think it gives me 2 more options with Henderson and Stokes available to play so from that respect I'm happy it's The Rangers I suppose. It's also not really about revenge but we obviously want to win and get our hands on the cup.

"Stubbs reports that they want to get hands on cup and revenge is driving team on"

Followed by interviews with your usual donuts from them saying various garbage like -

"We won't lower ourselves to talk about Hibs like that" (while speaking about us in an interview)
"That's our team talk done already after Stubbs' disgusting comments about how easy it will be etc etc"

This may seem a stretch, but I genuinely think we need to handle the press better this time, if it means giving them nothing so be it. There's been a few times AS has been burnt when he has actually said nothing like what the papers have reported so I'm hoping he'll have it under control this time.

Stop buying such ****ty papers then.

Try The Guardian. They hardly ever cover Scottish football. Anything Hibs related can be picked up here.

Broken Gnome
17-04-2016, 04:44 PM

Try The Guardian. They hardly ever cover Scottish football. Anything Hibs related can be picked up here.

And written by a Jambo.

The amount of times the word 'respect' will be uttered before May 21 will be around 150,000, I'd wager.

PPZPOL
17-04-2016, 04:50 PM

I don't buy them, it's an observation of how I see things shaping up.

I'm talking about not giving them the ammunition to print p1$h to rile up the hordes of knuckle draggers in the lead up to the final. You'd have to be fairly short sighted to suggest some interviews haven't had an impact this season with quite a few being twisted something awful. One example of which was when everyone (apart from Hibs fans) was telling me Stubbs said we'd win the treble when he actually said nothing of the sort.

Pete
17-04-2016, 04:55 PM

It's also unfortunate that an element of our own support will react in a similar fashion on social media and the likes.

"I wish our manager would stop bragging"

"Shut up and do the talking on the park"

Depressing stuff from people who should know better.

Baader
17-04-2016, 04:56 PM
I can see The ******'s 'Cummings to Rangers' headline already...

Mango Man
17-04-2016, 04:59 PM
I don't buy them, it's an observation of how I see things shaping up.

I'm talking about not giving them the ammunition to print p1$h to rile up the hordes of knuckle draggers in the lead up to the final. You'd have to be fairly short sighted to suggest some interviews haven't had an impact this season with quite a few being twisted something awful. One example of which was when everyone (apart from Hibs fans) was telling me Stubbs said we'd win the treble when he actually said nothing of the sort.

Spot on, it's unreal how many people latched on to the treble talk, as if he would say we would win it.

hibsbollah
17-04-2016, 05:01 PM
The media bassas will inevitably do what they want anyway, as has been mentioned already, so Stubbs may as well be deliberately provocative. Call them The Rangers, a new club, discuss liquidation, call Nicky Law a baldy baby, all that.

It'd be a laugh.

17-04-2016, 05:17 PM
The Daily Hun will use their usual mind game tactics to give their helping hand to their beloved sevco.

I hope Stubbs and the players don't get caught up in it all. Anything they say will be twisted in some way. keep ourselves to ourselves and give them nothing to go on.

Onion
17-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Problem the media have is the Huns league campaign is over, so all their focus will be on the Huns Scottish Cup Final. Hibs will not want anything to distract our push for 2nd and will bat away any talk about the CF until the league campaign is done. It will drive the media nuts, so expect them to just make stuff up. The more they talk up the Huns the better IMO.

17-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Problem the media have is the Huns league campaign is over, so all their focus will be on the Huns Scottish Cup Final. Hibs will not want anything to distract our push for 2nd and will bat away any talk about the CF until the league campaign is done. It will drive the media nuts, so expect them to just make stuff up. The more they talk up the Huns the better IMO.

They do that anyway. Stubbs has fallen into the media trap already this season with the "treble" thing. He never said nor meant that he thought we'd win the treble, he simply said that since we were still in contention for all 3 then why shouldn't we aim to win them (if your not aiming to win competitions your in then whats the point?!). Nothing wrong with that yet the media rolled out stories making out he was saying we were going to win the treble.

emerald green
17-04-2016, 05:40 PM
A N Other from media) What do you think Hibs chances are in the final Alan?

AS) We've got no f****** chance. We're just there to make up the numbers against the Govan Gallacticos.

Then just leave it at that.

H18S NX
17-04-2016, 05:50 PM
A N Other from media) What do you think Hibs chances are in the final Alan?

AS) We've got no f****** chance. We're just there to make up the numbers against the Govan Gallacticos.

Then just leave it at that......Tee-Hee.

Libby Hibby
17-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Let's get 'Govan Gollactico's' into the press...they'll hopefully believe their own hype

McHibby
17-04-2016, 06:57 PM

I just posted this on another thread, but the Guardian live-text of the game today had this:

"Rangers will play Hibs in the final, but this game will certainly mean more. And if nothing else, it sets up the regular return of the Old Firm games up next season very nicely indeed".

Rangers playing against Celtic in whatever fixure is more important than playing in a cup final again any other opponent. Are they having a laugh?

marinello59
17-04-2016, 07:03 PM
I just posted this on another thread but the Guardian live-text of the game today had this:

Rangers*will play Hibs in the final, but this game will certainly mean more. And if nothing else, it sets up the regular return of the Old Firm games up next season very nicely indeed.

Rangers playing against Celtic in whatever fixure is more important than playing in a cup final again any other opponent. Are they having a laugh?

For your average English football supporter that is the case, they really don't care about the rest of us. If the other clubs had stepped up to the plate and given Celtic a real challenge we would have cause for complaint. The hated two horse race is back next year but it's criminal that we allowed it to be replaced with a one horse race and significantly lower standards for a few seasons.

Colr
17-04-2016, 07:13 PM
I just posted this on another thread, but the Guardian live-text of the game today had this:

Rangers will play Hibs in the final, but this game will certainly mean more. And if nothing else, it sets up the regular return of the Old Firm games up next season very nicely indeed.

Tell them Rangers are a bunch of right-wing extremists and they'll change their tune.

Pat 0-7
17-04-2016, 07:21 PM
They do that anyway. Stubbs has fallen into the media trap already this season with the "treble" thing. He never said nor meant that he thought we'd win the treble, he simply said that since we were still in contention for all 3 then why shouldn't we aim to win them (if your not aiming to win competitions your in then whats the point?!). Nothing wrong with that yet the media rolled out stories making out he was saying we were going to win the treble.
I saw a Sevco supporters bus go through Bathgate this morning that had a scarf along the bottom of the drivers window that said 'Treble My Arse' so Stubbs comments must have wound them right up.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

McHibby
17-04-2016, 07:32 PM
For your average English football supporter that is the case, they really don't care about the rest of us. If the other clubs had stepped up to the plate and given Celtic a real challenge we would have cause for complaint. The hated two horse race is back next year but it's criminal that we allowed it to be replaced with a one horse race and significantly lower standards for a few seasons.

You definitely have a point, Celtic have one of the poorest teams I can remember and yet they're probably still going to win the league.
Now (obviously I don't want this to happen) Rangers could go on to win the Scottish Cup. These guys are seriously saying that beating Celtic is more important than winning that trophy. Can you even imagine that being said about an English team? "Liverpool now meet Arsenal for a chance to lift the FA Cup, but this game [Everton] will certainly mean more".

If we win, I don't believe a single Hibs fan will be thinking, "Oh that was gid, put putting Hearts out earlier in the competition meant so much more".

jacomo
17-04-2016, 08:24 PM

"Rangers will play Hibs in the final, but this game will certainly mean more. And if nothing else, it sets up the regular return of the Old Firm games up next season very nicely indeed".

The Govan Galacticos and their manager with the magic hat have already fulfilled their dreams this season. They only need to turn up at the final to win the actual trophy... summer holidays start now for them.

Let's hope they get nice and complacent.

Oh, and Alan - no training breaks in sunny climes between now and then please.

WeeRussell
17-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Just been watching some highlights - Andy Walker after Dundee United missed their first two pens. "Well they surely can't Hibs it now."

You're right - we didnae ya walloper :na na:

Carheenlea
17-04-2016, 09:55 PM
I`ve long stopped being a purchaser of newsprint so not bothered in the slightest about potential negative press. The newspapers have nothing like the influence they once had in the past.

High-On-Hibs
17-04-2016, 11:20 PM
Don't buy the newspapers or pay much attention to the beeb these days. However i would love it if Stubbs came out and said that we're going to f'ing do them. If they're going to print something controversial anyway, then let's give them something controversial to print about.

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 12:31 AM
Just been watching some highlights - Andy Walker after Dundee United missed their first two pens. "Well they surely can't Hibs it now."

You're right - we didnae ya walloper :na na:Imagine an English pundit saying that? You cant because they aren't unprofessional twats.

Stantons Angel
18-04-2016, 07:21 PM
I can see The ******'s 'Cummings to Rangers' headline already...

Spooky i was thinking just that same thing!
Every time we have played them their west coast media mafia have had huge headlines trying to undermine and unsettle us!

That do nought of a manager of theirs thinks he is oh so smart with his stupid comments on Stubbs and not mentioning our name. Just making himself out to be just as thick as them!!!

The media will be full of stuff for the next few weeks, just wait and see. We have to rise above it all and keep things in perspective for the final.

I can see us being kicked around somewhat on Wednesday as the bully boys will want to imprint their studs on a few legs!!!

SunshineOnLeith
18-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Wouldn't we be better just completely ignoring the media, rather than "keeping an eye on" them?

SuperAllyMcleod
18-04-2016, 08:01 PM
I saw a Sevco supporters bus go through Bathgate this morning that had a scarf along the bottom of the drivers window that said 'Treble My Arse' so Stubbs comments must have wound them right up.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

I don't think so - that will be a reference to Celtic's failure to win the treble.

As far as we are concerned they will have no doubts that we will capitulate and let the The Rangers have the glory they fully deserve. It will not enter their head that we have any chance whatsoever.

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 08:10 PM
I don't think so - that will be a reference to Celtic's failure to win the treble.

As far as we are concerned they will have no doubts that we will capitulate and let the The Rangers have the glory they fully deserve. It will not enter their head that we have any chance whatsoever.The huns are very obsessed with Stubbs tbh, wouldn't be surprised if it was aimed at us.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2016, 09:58 PM
I would absolutely love to end the 114 year wait against this mob.

It would be one of the best moments of my life and not many things could top it.