PDA

View Full Version : Rangers in Europe?

Jamesie
17-04-2016, 02:28 PM
Have Rangers satisfied the audited accounts requirement for playing in Europe yet? Just wondering what would happen if, and I pray not, they were to win the Cup - would we be in Europe?

Sir David Gray
17-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Have Rangers satisfied the audited accounts requirement for playing in Europe yet? Just wondering what would happen if, and I pray not, they were to win the Cup - would we be in Europe?

The cup runners up no longer qualify for Europe. That rule was scrapped a couple of years ago.

Sevco are eligible to play in Europe now since they've held a UEFA licence for more than three years (just).

erin go bragh
17-04-2016, 02:31 PM
We must win the cup to qualify for Europe .

GGTTH

greenginger
17-04-2016, 02:39 PM
But would they get Dead Co's co-efficient , or the co-efficient of a club that's playing in Europe for the first time ? :greengrin

jgl07
17-04-2016, 02:47 PM
The crooked way that UEFA deal with it suggests that they will pass. Only clubs who play in European Competitions are audited. When Liverpool qualified for the Champions' League in 2014-15, they would have failed FFP but we're not tested because they did not play in Europe in 2013-14. By the next year their financial position had improved and they passed.

ShinyFantastic
17-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Won't matter, because we'll be the ones winning the cup, we'll be the ones qualifying for Europe!

Ryan69
17-04-2016, 02:50 PM
The cup runners up no longer qualify for Europe. That rule was scrapped a couple of years ago.

Sevco are eligible to play in Europe now since they've held a UEFA licence for more than three years (just).

I think we are still to cross that hurdle however.As if they are a new team then yes! But they do not believe they are a new team......and them entering Europe with their current old co history is not ok due to financial irregularities!

if they still claim all their old and fraudulent history....Then they would be banned!

Fifa are not like the SFA!

Sir David Gray
17-04-2016, 03:39 PM
I think we are still to cross that hurdle however.As if they are a new team then yes! But they do not believe they are a new team......and them entering Europe with their current old co history is not ok due to financial irregularities!

if they still claim all their old and fraudulent history....Then they would be banned!

Fifa are not like the SFA!

UEFA considers them to be a new club. They couldn't have entered Europe from 2012-2015 as UEFA requires all clubs who compete in their competitions to have held a UEFA licence for at least three years.

Stokesy's on fire
17-04-2016, 03:41 PM
So can sevco play in Europe or not?

Sir David Gray
17-04-2016, 03:42 PM
So can sevco play in Europe or not?

Yes.

overdrive
17-04-2016, 03:53 PM
UEFA considers them to be a new club. They couldn't have entered Europe from 2012-2015 as UEFA requires all clubs who compete in their competitions to have held a UEFA licence for at least three years.

I think UEFA may have changed their tune (or giving conflicting messages). It is one of the bits of evidence that Sevco fans bring up when they claim they are the same as Oldco. Something to do with the UEFA website saying they are the same club

Ryan69
17-04-2016, 04:03 PM

I don't think it's not as clear cut as that.....they are either a new club or not,and in Scotland(the country they may represent....they are not a new club!)

according to to the association that may put them forward to Competition.

surely that is a conflict of interest if anything

Sir David Gray
17-04-2016, 04:15 PM
I don't think it's not as clear cut as that.....they are either a new club or not,and in Scotland(the country they may represent....they are not a new club!)

according to to the association that may put them forward to Competition.

surely that is a conflict of interest if anything

Chapter 2: Licence Applicant and Licence
Article 12 –
Definition of licence applicant and three-year rule
A licence applicant may only be a football club, i.e. a legal entity fully responsible
for a football team participating in national and international competitions which
either:
a) is a registered member of a UEFA member association and/or its affiliated
league (hereinafter: registered member); or
b) has a contractual relationship with a registered member (hereinafter: football
company).
The membership and the contractual relationship (if any) must have lasted – at
the start of the licence season – for at least three consecutive years.
Any change to the legal form or legal group structure of the licence applicant
(including, for example, changing its headquarters , name or club colours, or
transferring stakeholdings between different clubs) during this period in order to
facilitate its qualification on sporting merit to the detriment of the integrity of a
competition and/or its receipt of a licence is deemed as an interruption of
membership or contractual relationship (if any) within the meaning of this provision.

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/02/26/77/91/2267791_DOWNLOAD.pdf

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2016, 04:17 PM
They can get a UEFA licence if they have 3 years' audited accounts, which they have.

However, they might not if the latest Audit Report has an "emphasis of matter" paragraph on the grounds of Going Concern, which it also has. The default rule is that that alone disbars them.

There are exceptions, for example if they can show that they have sufficient funds to sustain them for 12 months. I'm not clear on who makes that call, UEFA or the SFA.

The old club /new club debate is irrelevant in this situation, IMO.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk