PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Final 2016: Hibernian v Rangers

Diclonius
17-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Let's shut them up and win it.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Bring on the vile, bigoted, minging, cheating, twisted, bitter, horrible, manky hun tramps.

Lago
Stokes and Cummings to score.

buktapurple79
It's ours now. Would have preferred Celtic but this is an easier game.

hibee_girl
17-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Well at least stokes & Henderson can play

Northernhibee
17-04-2016, 01:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iuBTJ_IrtU

HFC07
17-04-2016, 01:42 PM

That's exactly what I thought at the end of penalties.

buktapurple79

Spot on - all good. This is our year!

Hibernia&Alba
Bring on the vile, bigoted, minging, cheating, twisted, bitter, horrible, manky hun tramps.

:agree: :top marks

We can win it. We've proved we can beat them; it's a 50-50 game.

What I would say is it isn't going to be any family final. The atmosphere could be unpleasant and I'd seriously think about not taking kids along. Stay safe, be vigilant :aok:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 01:43 PM

What I would say is it isn't going to be any family final. The atmosphere could be unpleasant and I'd seriously think about not taking kids along. Stay safe, be vigilant :aok:

Indeed. It's not going to be pleasant but there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be.

Itsnoteasy
17-04-2016, 01:43 PM

Fantastic

banchoryhibs
17-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Much better chance of winning now, full squad to pick from. A goalie that has bottle and they will be overly confident.
Bring them on, it's time to win!! 😁

Sergey
17-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Could this be the first time in the history of British football that a national Cup Final is contested by two teams out with the top division?

3pm
17-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Interesting game.

We're trying to get the monkey off our back and they are looking to win it for the 1st time.

buktapurple79
17-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Interesting game.

We're trying to get the monkey off our back and they are looking to win it for the 1st time.

Love it! The latter's no happening though!

trev the hat
17-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Get that thread title sorted !!
Hibernian v The Rangers !!

Biggie
17-04-2016, 01:50 PM

Ahem, you mean hibs vs The Rangers :wink:

Spike Mandela
17-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Pros: Stokes and Henderson can play, we're not playing the Premier champs, they have a 3 week layoff and we have beaten them this season.

Cons: Their pace can trouble us, they have beat us twice this season so far, we have an arduous playoff schedule and the religious bile will be vile on the day.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 01:51 PM
We simply MUST win. Losing the final to that lot would hurt all the more. Or players had better up for it this time.

Schteff
17-04-2016, 01:55 PM
We have a chance if Stubbs doesn't play the diamond.

Need to match them like for like

hfc rd
17-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Pros: Stokes and Henderson can play, we're not playing the Premier champs, they have a 3 week layoff and we have beaten them this season.

Cons: Their pace can trouble us, they have beat us twice this season so far, we have an arduous playoff schedule and the religious bile will be vile on the day.

They will also be without Forrester, King, O'Halloran, Ball and possibly Waghorn.

Captain Trips
17-04-2016, 01:57 PM
I think I read on here The Rangers would have 18 days with no game before final. I really think we can do this but we need to get form asap.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 01:57 PM
Btw that lovely harp and shamrock plaque that is sitting in reception that St Pats presented to the club should be put back on the stand or above the tunnel or wherever it bloody well should be just in case....

Pete
17-04-2016, 01:58 PM
I say we contact the SFA and demand the mount florida end of hampden right now. We are the home team and unless there is institutional bias it shouldn't be a problem.

Get the buses booked into the clockwork chaps!

DH1875
17-04-2016, 01:58 PM

Think it's a cert to kickoff, especially after we beat them.

dp00
17-04-2016, 01:59 PM
It starts on Wednesday, we need a full stadium and a hibs win ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs90
We can do it. Delighted for Henderson aswell. Well deserved.

James.
We'll do them easy. 3-0. Conrad Logan hat trick.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Think it's a cert to kickoff, especially after we beat them.

There must be a very high risk of trouble around the stadium. Everyone needs to be sensible and be cautious. Don't drink before the game if you can help it, don't get isolated, and definitely don't get caught in the wrong place in your colours. Eyes in the back of the heid and don't descend to their behaviour.

Pete
17-04-2016, 02:05 PM
There must be a very high risk of trouble around the stadium. Everyone needs to be sensible and be cautious. Don't drink before the game if you can help it, don't get isolated, and definitely don't get caught in the wrong place in your colours. Eyes in the back of the heid and don't descend to their behaviour.

Bloody hell it's a football match not a tour of Helmand province. :greengrin

SonOfTortolano
17-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Well, you can't say it's not a fascinating final. The team who hasn't won it in 114 years against the team who hasn't won it once.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 02:07 PM

It may be hard to tell the difference! 22,000 Huns at Hampden, drunk and angry isn't an easy place to be.

Northern Hibby
17-04-2016, 02:08 PM

Malonga makes a huge difference I think?.

rcarter1
17-04-2016, 02:14 PM
We can do it. Delighted for Henderson aswell. Well deserved.

Absolutely, would have been a shame for him to miss a Final. No Griffiths to stick the knife into us as well. And frankly, while I was critical of Stokes early doors, I think he is getting better bit by bit. The sharpness a striker needs, I suppose can take a while to build up. There will be no questioning his motivation to beat that lot either!

It has been a STINKING few weeks for Hibs, but finish 2nd or 3rd, Im ready to support our boys right to the end! It is ALL doable.

weecounty hibby
17-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Maybe not but I remember the scottish cup final in 1979 and 1993s league cup final and none were pleasant. 1979 in particular was horrific especially the first match. And we didn't beat them then like we will next month!!!

ALF TUPPER
17-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Can't wait.

Believe !!! 👍🏻🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Glory Lurker
17-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Easily a more evenly balanced final than 2012 and 2013. We have a great chance here. I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it.

:flag::flag::flag:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 02:18 PM
Maybe not but I remember the scottish cup final in 1979 and 1993s league cup final and none were pleasant. 1979 in particular was horrific especially the first match. And we didn't beat them then like we will next month!!!

My memory of 1993 was that we were crammed into the terrace like sardines, it was very uncomfortable. Can't remember any bother but I was only young.

Next month will be fine if the Police segregate the train stations and organise things properly. I'll be in a cricket club with fellow Hibbies then round to the game at the Hibs end so don't intend to see a hun until we get into the ground.

Pete
17-04-2016, 02:18 PM
It may be hard to tell the difference! 22,000 Huns at Hampden, drunk and angry isn't an easy place to be.

To be honest I'll be going in through Rutherglen and sticking to the area East of the ground just in case.

I presume we'll be in the Catholic end as Rangers will no doubt be given the west.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 02:20 PM
To be honest I'll be going in through Rutherglen and sticking to the area East of the ground just in case.

I presume we'll be in the Catholic end as Rangers will no doubt be given the west.

The whit? When was that stand built? :confused:

banchoryhibs
17-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Sevco's next competitive game is 21 May, we have two a week up to that date.
They will have a job retaining their focus, we won't.
Delighted to get them in the final ;-)

Deansy
17-04-2016, 02:21 PM
For the good of Scottish Football we MUST win the Scottish Cup - the Hun winning it would just put a black cloud over the game !!

Pete
17-04-2016, 02:23 PM
The whit? When was that stand built? :confused:

You know what I mean. The end the SFA give to the most Celticy team.

Northernhibee
17-04-2016, 02:25 PM
We need to be at our very best. But it's two sides from the same league who have traded wins in the last couple of seasons and either of us can do it.

It's a chance for our team to do what Franck Sauzee couldn't, what George Best couldn't, what Pat Stanton couldn't, what Eddie Turnbull couldn't and what many greats of the game couldn't.

What an opportunity for young players like Martin Boyle, Jason Cummings, John McGinn etc. to put themselves on a platform above Best and Sauzee. What an amazing, potentially once in a lifetime opportunity.

Greenblood70
17-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Time for us to come good and spank new huns.

We're certainly capable of causing them problems, we've done it plenty before, and we can again.

Ever the optimist.

hfc rd
17-04-2016, 02:27 PM
We need to be at our very best. But it's two sides from the same league who have traded wins in the last couple of seasons and either of us can do it.

It's a chance for our team to do what Franck Sauzee couldn't, what George Best couldn't, what Pat Stanton couldn't, what Eddie Turnbull couldn't and what many greats of the game couldn't.

What an opportunity for young players like Martin Boyle, Jason Cummings, John McGinn etc. to put themselves on a platform above Best and Sauzee. What an amazing, potentially once in a lifetime opportunity.

Definitely big opportunity for these players to become Hibs legends.

hibbypostie
17-04-2016, 02:38 PM
please put me out my misery what does NGNGNGNG mean?

HibsNutter
17-04-2016, 02:46 PM

Take kids, don't let them miss the chance to see their team win this thing for the first time in over a century. If the atmosphere is bad you know it's not going to be down to the hibs fans in large parts. Combating the hatred associated with that club is the only way to eradicate it.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Could this be the first time in the history of British football that a national Cup Final is contested by two teams out with the top division?

The diddy league, cup final. :wink:

SanFranHibs
17-04-2016, 02:48 PM

And as for their fans

:wink:

FranckSuzy
17-04-2016, 02:48 PM
please put me out my misery what does NGNGNGNG mean?

It's a flag smilie thing you can post from an ipad/phone. I believe it's the Nigerian flag, hence the NG, as that's green and white but I'm an android kid all the way so wouldn't know :greengrin

KWJ
17-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Who is in and who is out for both teams?

Any suspensions? Don't think we had any.

Will McGeouch be back by then?

HibsNutter
17-04-2016, 02:53 PM
We'll be underdogs, but we have a great chance.

We have no suspensions and barring any injuries between now and then, will have a full strength squad to choose from. They'll be without O'Hallaron, Ball, King and without having played a meaningful game since today, as well as a three week break immediately before the game will struggle to maintain sharpness and momentum.

Phil MaGlass
17-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Would have preferred sellik in the final. I thought before this game the huns are the better team and so it proved.

Lago
17-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Would have preferred sellik in the final. I thought before this game the huns are the better team and so it proved.
Only in the same way Hibs were better than Dun Utd

weecounty hibby
17-04-2016, 03:23 PM
My first cup final was '79 against them. We lost and their fans were the most unimaginable animals especially at the first game. I've detested them ever since and it has been my one big dream to beat them in a Scottish cup final. We will never get a better chance than this. They are average at best and we know we can beat them on our day. We need a slice of luck and everyone to be on their game but it is doable.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 03:28 PM
My first cup final was '79 against them. We lost and their fans were the most unimaginable animals especially at the first game. I've detested them ever since and it has been my one big dream to beat them in a Scottish cup final. We will never get a better chance than this. They are average at best and we know we can beat them on our day. We need a slice of luck and everyone to be on their game but it is doable.

:agree:

Player for player we're as good as them. We mustn't go into the game thinking of ourselves as outsiders; let's have some self-belief in a cup final for a change. In 2012 and 2013 we were beaten before kick off, which must not happen this time. We are playing another Championship team; a team we've beaten and who could beat again on Wednesday. We should have absolutely no hint of an inferiority complex.

Leith Green
17-04-2016, 03:33 PM
:agree:

Player for player we're as good as them. We mustn't go into the game thinking of ourselves as outsiders; let's have some self-belief in a cup final for a change. In 2012 and 2013 we were beaten before kick off, which must not happen this time. We are playing another Championship team; a team we've beaten and who could beat again on Wednesday. We should have absolutely no hint of an inferiority complex.

Ive got a feeling we will be bang up for this. Couple of celtic loanees and will want to get one over the huns, and the players will want to show thay are good as them , especially the way our season fell away

Pete
17-04-2016, 03:37 PM
I think how the players will deal with this will depend entirety on the play off situation and mood at the time.

Either way we will be heavy underdogs with the bookies, press and probably rangers themselves. Suits me fine.

DaveSo
17-04-2016, 03:45 PM
They will also be without Forrester, King, O'Halloran, Ball and possibly Waghorn.

The BBC report states Halliday got booked too. Was he not one booking away from missing the final, so will he be missing too ?

Yorkshire HFC
17-04-2016, 03:53 PM
I'd rather play them than Celtic - let's hope that the outcome is different from the LC final - this team has beaten Rangers - they need to believe they can do it

Sir David Gray
17-04-2016, 03:54 PM
The BBC report states Halliday got booked too. Was he not one booking away from missing the final, so will he be missing too ?

No.

17-04-2016, 04:00 PM
We know we can beat them as we have proved it already this season. However, their league season is over and done with now so they can afford to rest players where as we have a hellish build up of games which not only will give our players no chance for rest but also risks injuries.

hibeedonald
17-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Apparently ball for rangers has been on form recently. He's suspended. They have a good team but lack depth. A couple more of their players went off injured, not sure how serious though.

SeanWilson
17-04-2016, 04:19 PM

We have a chance no matter. Nothing to fear in this match and i truly believe we'll be much better against that zombie mob than septic.

Ronniekirk
17-04-2016, 04:20 PM
We know we can beat them as we have proved it already this season. However, their league season is over and done with now so they can afford to rest players where as we have a hellish build up of games which not only will give our players no chance for rest but also risks injuries.

Think you are right with this ,but to reach two cup finals is some achievement in itself so credit to Stubbs

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Take kids, don't let them miss the chance to see their team win this thing for the first time in over a century. If the atmosphere is bad you know it's not going to be down to the hibs fans in large parts. Combating the hatred associated with that club is the only way to eradicate it.

In a perfect world, aye mate, but there are things nobody wants their kids to experience, and there's no doubt it will be unpleasant in parts. Never underestimate how much hatred and anger Rangers fans carry around; perhaps even more so since their demotion. Add to that their inveterate hatred for Hibs and their form for appalling behaviour. If you're near the segregation line, be prepared for coins and bottles and cans coming over (they always manage to sneak them in) sometimes filled with pish. There will be the usual threats and sectarian diatribe, and, should they lose, don't dismiss the prospect of mass violence - see Manchester 2008, amongst other examples. I would think long and hard before taking children along.

Glory Lurker
17-04-2016, 04:26 PM
What will the story be in the South? Is there a chance that the debenture arrangements upstairs could lead to us having orc hoards above Hibs fans?

ekhibee
17-04-2016, 04:30 PM
The 1993 one was at the old Parkhead, and that pipe band was playing to all the Rangers fans for most of the break. Don't remember that much bother TBH, I remember cheering Dave McPherson putting the ball in the back of the net for us though!

Joe6-2
17-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Btw that lovely harp and shamrock plaque that is sitting in reception that St Pats presented to the club should be put back on the stand or above the tunnel or wherever it bloody well should be just in case....

This in spadefuls!!

Iggy Pope
17-04-2016, 04:32 PM
What will the story be in the South? Is there a chance that the debenture arrangements upstairs could lead to us having orc hoards above Hibs fans?

Or better still Hibs fans above Orcs?

Glory Lurker
17-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Or better still Hibs fans above Orcs?

But our guys will behave themselves better.

jgl07
17-04-2016, 04:38 PM
They will have problems with match fitness as they don't have a match for weeks before the final. They will not have a meaningful match after this Tuesday prior to the final.

That rebounded in Hibs in the play offs last season. We were doing nothing and they were maintaining match fitness playing (Falkirk?) home and away.

Big L
17-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Must be a first, 2 teams outside the premiership contesting the scottish cup final, or is it?

Iggy Pope
17-04-2016, 04:46 PM
But our guys will behave themselves better.

Right, right. There was nearly a pagger in the North yesterday without a Hun in sight! :greengrin

SeanWilson
17-04-2016, 04:52 PM

We have a chance no matter. Nothing to fear in this match and i truly believe we'll be much better against that zombie mob than septic.

emerald green
17-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Wednesday night's match at ER should be very interesting. That's much more important to Hibs than the new club.

Joe6-2
17-04-2016, 05:06 PM
I worry, with biased refereeing in this country, we won't be 'allowed' to win this!

DH1875
17-04-2016, 05:10 PM
The 1993 one was at the old Parkhead, and that pipe band was playing to all the Rangers fans for most of the break. Don't remember that much bother TBH, I remember cheering Dave McPherson putting the ball in the back of the net for us though!

Chelsea Headunters were up for that game and ran riot before and after the it.

Make no mistake, if we beat them a section of their support will be on the look out for trouble.

Waxy
17-04-2016, 05:10 PM
I worry, with biased refereeing in this country, we won't be 'allowed' to win this!

Thats what happened in the 1979 final. Can't find anywher a recording of the stonewall penalty we where denied.

The Harp
17-04-2016, 05:15 PM
In a perfect world, aye mate, but there are things nobody wants their kids to experience, and there's no doubt it will be unpleasant in parts. Never underestimate how much hatred and anger Rangers fans carry around; perhaps even more so since their demotion. Add to that their inveterate hatred for Hibs and their form for appalling behaviour. If you're near the segregation line, be prepared for coins and bottles and cans coming over (they always manage to sneak them in) sometimes filled with pish. There will be the usual threats and sectarian diatribe, and, should they lose, don't dismiss the prospect of mass violence - see Manchester 2008, amongst other examples. I would think long and hard before taking children along.

This 100%. Wouldn't even consider taking my 7 year old grandson along to this one. He's nowhere near ready to be subjected to their anthems of hate and anti social behaviour.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Chelsea Headunters were up for that game and ran riot before and after the it.

Make no mistake, if we beat them a section of their support will be on the look out for trouble.

It's a cup final. All their hangers on from Belfast and deepest, darkest Ayrshire and Lanarkshire will come out of the woodwork, even if they don't have a match ticket. They'll be on the lash all day, so you just need to be more mindful than usual. These aren't people who are going to want to pass the time reminiscing about old games; they lash out first and ask questions later. The police and stewards will need to be at the top of their game, and, hopefully, problems will be kept to a minimum. :aok:

Keith_M
17-04-2016, 05:26 PM

Fans of The Rangers are like a yappy wee Dug.

They put on quite a noise when you get near them, you may even get a nasty wee nip on the ankle, but what you need to remember is that they are more scared of you than you are of them.

:wink:

fulshie
17-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Has the bread maker with the magic hat slated the Hampden surface since the final whistle yet? Bet he hasn't.

Famous Fiver
17-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Do you think the stewards will eject any of them if they don't sit down?

It'll be interesting.

70 year old near me threatened with ejection yesterday because folks in front of him were standing, so he briefly stood up and had the stewards on him like a rash.

Biggie
17-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Thats what happened in the 1979 final. Can't find anywher a recording of the stonewall penalty we where denied.

Can still see Colin Campbell going round mccloy only to get brought down......stonewall pen.

HibeeEmma
17-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Nervous just reading this thread....

Can't wait for the big day. If we win on Wednesday it will be a huge confidence boost

Joe6-2
17-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Can still see Colin Campbell going round mccloy only to get brought down......stonewall pen.

My concern exactly, and f*** all ever done about it!

Iggy Pope
17-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Do you think the stewards will eject any of them if they don't sit down?

It'll be interesting.

70 year old near me threatened with ejection yesterday because folks in front of him were standing, so he briefly stood up and had the stewards on him like a rash.

The stewards were best ignored yesterday. By far the best tactic.

Since90+2
17-04-2016, 05:54 PM

The club need to mention at every media opportunity we expect atleast parity in terms refereeing.

Ronster117
17-04-2016, 05:56 PM

What you trying to say Stuart? Now tell us what you really think. Lmao...
:flag:

17-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Right, right. There was nearly a pagger in the North yesterday without a Hun in sight! :greengrin

Really? I was in the North and can't recall seeing any bother

hibee_girl
17-04-2016, 06:04 PM
The stewards were best ignored yesterday. By far the best tactic.

I got searched yesterday yet my grandad was allowed to walk in no bother, first time I've ever been searched there

Libby Hibby
17-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Canny wait for this, it's going to be a difficult game and we'll need to be on it from the first whistle but a serious,serious chance...best team, squad I've seen for a Scottish Final.

The right selection for the starting 11 and we'll have a chance, a big chance.

🙏🏼 pray for Dylan

Libby Hibby
17-04-2016, 06:08 PM
I got searched yesterday yet my grandad was allowed to walk in no bother, first time I've ever been searched there

For the final..let's give your grandad the flares and the bangers haha

familyman
17-04-2016, 06:09 PM
I say we contact the SFA and demand the mount florida end of hampden right now. We are the home team and unless there is institutional bias it shouldn't be a problem.

Get the buses booked into the clockwork chaps!
I guess we will get the Celtic end!!!

If we stand up and stay strong,not be pushed off the ball in the first third of the park ,then we have a REAL chance of bringing home the CUP.
Paul Hanlon be a hero.

hibee_girl
17-04-2016, 06:17 PM
For the final..let's give your grandad the flares and the bangers haha

:aok:

broondog
17-04-2016, 06:27 PM
can't wait for this. Great job getting to the final but I feel Stubbs has to win it. Lose and he goes down as one of the worst managers ever, win and there should be a stand named after him.

Would absolutely love to beat the huns as well

Johnny_Leith
17-04-2016, 06:31 PM
I have been critical of Stubbs recently but to make two cup finals in the same season is good going, well done to Stubbsy and the players.

I'd rate our chances as 30/70 but we are in with a shot. Stubbs has yet to win a game at Hampden, third time lucky??

Sergey
17-04-2016, 06:38 PM
I have been critical of Stubbs recently but to make two cup finals in the same season is good going, well done to Stubbsy and the players.

I'd rate our chances as 30/70 but we are in with a shot. Stubbs has yet to win a game at Hampden, third time lucky??

Decent guess. The bookies have the probability as a percentage 33.33/69.23

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Decent guess. The bookies have the probability as a percentage 33.33/69.23

:grr:

Nae chance. It's a fifty-fifty game!

ShinyFantastic
17-04-2016, 06:43 PM

This will be Stubbs' 4th game at Hampden

FranckSuzy
17-04-2016, 06:46 PM
can't wait for this. Great job getting to the final but I feel Stubbs has to win it. Lose and he goes down as one of the worst managers ever, win and there should be a stand named after him.

Really? You must have lived a very sheltered life as a Hibby then as he wouldn't even be in my 'top' 5.

17-04-2016, 06:47 PM

Absolute nonsense!

Johnny_Leith
17-04-2016, 06:48 PM
This will be Stubbs' 4th game at Hampden

Correct, and we won yesterday! Last time I attempt this multi-tasking malarkey.

Northernhibee
17-04-2016, 06:50 PM

No he doesn't, not even close :confused:

HoboHarry
17-04-2016, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=broondog;4652381]can't wait for this. Great job getting to the final but I feel Stubbs has to win it. Lose and he goes down as one of the worst managers ever, win and there should be a stand named after him.

Would absolutely love to beat the huns as well[/QUOTE
Garbage. What a stupid comment though given that it's not your first I shouldn't be surprised.

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2016, 06:55 PM

Would absolutely love to beat the huns as wellEh, not sure about that one mate.

jgl07
18-04-2016, 05:24 AM
Demotion?

I don't recall any team being demoted. I do recall Airdrieonians and Rangers going bust and being liquidated. Both were replaced by new teams - Airdrie United and Sevco. The former got back in by purchasing Clydebank and taking their place in the SFL. The latter were fast tracked into tier four rather than being forced to apply for members of the South of Scotland League.

jgl07
18-04-2016, 05:26 AM
can't wait for this. Great job getting to the final but i feel stubbs has to win it. Lose and he goes down as one of the worst managers ever, win and there should be a stand named after him.

ltyf

JimBHibees
18-04-2016, 06:54 AM

Joke post. Almost yamtastic

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Lose and he goes down as one of the worst managers ever.

Dearie me!

Hamish
18-04-2016, 08:10 AM

Currently Bet365 have it 4/11 them 2/1 us to win outright.

Onion
18-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Currently Bet365 have it 4/11 them 2/1 us to win outright.

Probably the lowest odds Hibs have had to win the Scottish Cup since the Clyde game.

JimBHibees
18-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Probably the lowest odds Hibs have had to win the Scottish Cup since the Clyde game.

Probably about right. A great chance to win it however alot of football to play between now and then and lets see what team we can put out on Cup final day.

Diclonius
18-04-2016, 10:53 AM
What were our odds in the 2012 final?

JimBHibees
18-04-2016, 10:57 AM
What were our odds in the 2012 final?

Quite similar I think 5/2 Hibs or so.

Northern Hibby
18-04-2016, 02:18 PM
They may not be Hero's but if they succeed on May 21st, they will become legends!!

HoboHarry
19-04-2016, 12:20 AM
So do the winners qualify for Europe or not? The press are saying yes but I thought the rules had been changed.

ShinyFantastic
19-04-2016, 02:10 AM
So do the winners qualify for Europe or not? The press are saying yes but I thought the rules had been changed.

The winners do yes. The rule that was changed was runners-up qualifying.

HoboHarry
19-04-2016, 03:02 AM
The winners do yes. The rule that was changed was runners-up qualifying.

Ah fair enough, thank you for that......

JOD
19-04-2016, 03:06 AM
BTW we are Hibernian FC. Our first and really our right name is Hibernians FC,

but hey we went bust so what??? They still call them The Famous Glasgow Rangers.

**** them all.

hibbysam
19-04-2016, 06:41 AM
btw we are hibernian fc. Our first and really our right name is hibernians fc,

but hey we went bust so what??? They still call them the famous glasgow rangers.

**** them all.

wtf...

SeanWilson
19-04-2016, 06:49 AM

but hey we went bust so what??? They still call them The Famous Glasgow Rangers.

**** them all.

I've read some crazy **** on here over the past month or so but this takes the biscuit.

R'Albin
19-04-2016, 07:18 AM

**** them all.

This makes the 'Oxley, get to ****' post look sensible

Billy Whizz
19-04-2016, 07:47 AM
Who's the home team

bigwheel
19-04-2016, 07:49 AM
Who's the home team

Queens Park :greengrin

Waxy
19-04-2016, 07:54 AM

**** them all.
What about Heart of Administration?

Dunedin Hibs
19-04-2016, 08:18 AM
I am travelling from New Zealand for this one! Horrible, long journey, but I wouldn't do it if I think we will lose. I am about to watch history! The grail fellow HIbees, is within our grasp...I will be there with my proud Hibee Dad, who is just about to turn 80. We need confidence and a green and white shirt to win this one, Jason just remember to rub your shirt as you enter the pitch. My prediction...he will be the match winner.

Cannot wait to get amongst it again with my fellow Hibees.

I was sitting last night, contemplating all the money and time off work required to do this. Then I played this ...and pressed the button...from the Capital...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAS1VBuv5hs&ebc=ANyPxKqy5pD0mToNv7r1eh-4r8liENSEqhZyzlJcgSEjcOq14n-b4ogFTgq4lkUYFL-wZ-IY9pJk6m_y60x2Ll9Gm6MAaOLq8w

oneone73
19-04-2016, 08:20 AM
I am travelling from New Zealand for this one! Horrible, long journey, but I wouldn't do it if I think we will lose. I am about to watch history! The grail fellow HIbees, is within our grasp...I will be there with my proud Hibee Dad, who is just about to turn 80. We need confidence and a green and white shirt to win this one, Jason just remember to rub your shirt as you enter the pitch. My prediction...he will be the match winner.

I was sitting last night, contemplating all the money and time off work required to do this. Then I played this ...and pressed the button...from the Capital...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAS1VBuv5hs&ebc=ANyPxKqy5pD0mToNv7r1eh-4r8liENSEqhZyzlJcgSEjcOq14n-b4ogFTgq4lkUYFL-wZ-IY9pJk6m_y60x2Ll9Gm6MAaOLq8w

Like.

Waxy
19-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Game doesn't matter to Rangers. Maybe they'll try and make Oxley look good so we don't play Logan in the final? Maybe no.

Dunedin Hibs
19-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Like.
And the wonderful thing is he doesn't know I am coming home. I will turn up on the door, with tickets (hopefully). It will fair make his day...only surpassed when we stand together when Hibs, finally, lift the Cup.
I have the confidence to travel most of the world back for this one. Let's get behind our team and roar them on, against the huns...in a Scottish Cup Final. The boys have worked hard to get there, and need our backing to bring the Cup home to Leith.

Going to the mighty Proclaimers in Christchurch this Sat. Needless to say I will be wearing Hibs top and scarf and shouting for "Glory , Glory to..." and 'Joyful Kilmarnock Blues'. Life is good...

flash
19-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Dunedin Hibs take a bow sir. Would love to see your old dad's face when he sees you on the doorstep.

JimBHibees
19-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Game doesn't matter to Rangers. Maybe they'll try and make Oxley look good so we don't play Logan in the final? Maybe no.

Or they will kick the crap out of us like Falkirk last week.

Dunedin Hibs
19-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Dunedin Hibs take a bow sir. Would love to see your old dad's face when he sees you on the doorstep.

It will be a picture sure mate. We stood together at the Dunfermiline League Cup win....I came back from NZ for the Livingston League Cup Final, way back when, and stood proudly with him....even in defeat....I will stand proudly with this great Hibs fan, since the 1950's, at this final. Win or lose, we will always be proud Hibees. But lets focus on the winning part Hibs. Whatever happens we will be there till the end, I am sure proudly clapping a fine Hibs display.

joe breezy
19-04-2016, 01:50 PM

Yes, I've gone to a few big games recently with my Dad.
Asides from him believing he is a jinx I had to say this is going to be vitriolic so I'll be going with my pals this time.

:casper::casper::casper:

J-C
19-04-2016, 03:45 PM

Well done mate, I've got a mate coming over from Alaska for it too, he was over here for the League cup final.

oneone73
19-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Well done mate, I've got a mate coming over from Alaska for it too, he was over here for the League cup final.

Think I saw his banner at Inverness?

J-C
19-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Think I saw his banner at Inverness?

Yes he made the trip up there for the game and a wee stay/drink over night.

Keith_M
19-04-2016, 05:08 PM

**** them all.

:stirrer:

:jamboclow

cmcd
19-04-2016, 09:47 PM

Mcloy brought down Colin Campbell

Diclonius
19-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Or they will kick the crap out of us like Falkirk last week.

Falkirk didn't exactly kick the crap out of us.

Big L
19-04-2016, 09:58 PM

Are you talking about the 58/59 final?

Big L
19-04-2016, 10:00 PM

In reality, they did. They are the dirtiest team I've seen at ER in a long time!

Cameron1875
19-04-2016, 10:13 PM
This is the year. It's all been leading to this! Relegation, final defeats, playoff nightmares, it will all be worth it when we lift this bloody cup next month.

The good guys always win in the end :pray:

FranckSuzy
19-04-2016, 10:13 PM

And the wonderful thing is he doesn't know I am coming home. I will turn up on the door, with tickets (hopefully). It will fair make his day...only surpassed when we stand together when Hibs, finally, lift the Cup.
I have the confidence to travel most of the world back for this one. Let's get behind our team and roar them on, against the huns...in a Scottish Cup Final. The boys have worked hard to get there, and need our backing to bring the Cup home to Leith.

Going to the mighty Proclaimers in Christchurch this Sat. Needless to say I will be wearing Hibs top and scarf and shouting for "Glory , Glory to..." and 'Joyful Kilmarnock Blues'. Life is good...

Fan-bl00dy-tastic :not worth

Scott Allan Key
19-04-2016, 10:32 PM

Yes, if we won but I believe someone here posted about problems the Rangers have with having new accounts to be able to play in Europe. Clarification?

HoboHarry
19-04-2016, 11:55 PM
Yes, if we won but I believe someone here posted about problems the Rangers have with having new accounts to be able to play in Europe. Clarification?
I would like to know that as well - question for CWG?

JOD
20-04-2016, 01:00 AM
I've read some crazy **** on here over the past month or so but this takes the biscuit.

Do you know the history of our football club or are you just thick ?

We went out of business in 1891 as Hibernians and and came back as Hibernian in 1892.

No probs thou we will bring the Holy Grail back.

God Bless the Hibs .

GreenLake
20-04-2016, 02:13 AM
Do you know the history of our football club or are you just thick ?

We went out of business in 1891 as Hibernians and and came back as Hibernian in 1892.

No probs thou we will bring the Holy Grail back.

God Bless the Hibs .

4e657720436c7562 end of

JOD
20-04-2016, 02:26 AM
4e657720436c7562 end of

yeah I Agree endof BTW what time s it over there ?

GreenLake
20-04-2016, 02:31 AM
yeah I Agree endof BTW what time s it over there ?

JimBHibees
20-04-2016, 06:14 AM

I think they did and were encouraged to do so by a weak ref. Some of their tackilng was horrific and we were lucky not to get more injuries than we did.

CropleyWasGod
20-04-2016, 07:08 AM
They have 3 years' audited accounts, so they are okay on that score. The problem might be a paragraph in the latest audited accounts. The default rule is that that alone disbars them. There are exceptions to that, though, which might allow them in.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
20-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Does anyone know what round we go into the Europa Cup as Cup winners? The first qualify games were 2nd July last year.

Billy Whizz
20-04-2016, 08:27 AM
Does anyone know what round we go into the Europa Cup as Cup winners? The first qualify games were 2nd July last year.

14th and 21st July, not sure if we are home and away 1st, if we qualify

Scott Allan Key
20-04-2016, 09:20 AM
They have 3 years' audited accounts, so they are okay on that score. The problem might be a paragraph in the latest audited accounts. The default rule is that that alone disbars them. There are exceptions to that, though, which might allow them in.

Thanks for replying. I would wager their good fortune may put them in as exceptions given their recent luck in court. Playing the system can just be having effective legal support.

Alex Trager
20-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Has the date an time been confirmed?

Ringothedog
20-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Yes he made the trip up there for the game and a wee stay/drink over night.

And I chatted to him the whole match.

Thecat23
20-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Has the date an time been confirmed?

21st May 3pm.

Alex Trager
20-04-2016, 09:45 AM
21st May 3pm.

Have the club said this for sure mate?

CropleyWasGod
20-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Have the club said this for sure mate?
It's not up to the club. The SFA set it at the start of the season.

DH1875
21-04-2016, 07:21 AM

Any idea when the Euros start/finish? Trying to figure if they'll still be on when club teams are starting their campaigns.

GreenLake
21-04-2016, 07:32 AM
It's not up to the club. The SFA set it at the start of the season.

Have they ever changed it due to fixture pileups or will they just delay the playoffs?

DH1875
21-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Have they ever changed it due to fixture pileups or will they just delay the playoffs?

They've already changed the playoff dates.

Moulin Yarns
21-04-2016, 07:35 AM

If we make the play off final, the dates for them change to the 18th and 25th. All been arranged and announced recently. when there was a chance of Hibs and Dundee Utd being involved in both play offs and Cup Final

oneone73
21-04-2016, 07:38 AM
If we make the play off final, the dates for them change to the 18th and 25th. All been arranged and announced recently. when there was a chance of Hibs and Dundee Utd being involved in both play offs and Cup Final

Please tell me it's the 17th? That's the day I've booked as a holiday

Moulin Yarns
21-04-2016, 09:39 AM
]
Please tell me it's the 17th? That's the day I've booked as a holiday

Sorry, 17th

The SPFL today announced its contingency plan in the event of a club being involved in both the Ladbrokes Premiership play-off final and the Scottish Cup final.

As it stands, the Ladbrokes Premiership play-off final will take place on Thursday May 19 and Sunday May 22. The scheduled date for the Scottish Cup final is Saturday May 21.

If a club is a participant in both the Ladbrokes Premiership play-off final and the Scottish Cup final, the dates of the Premiership play-off final will be adjusted to Tuesday May 17 and Wednesday May 25.

The SPFL informed Scottish Cup semi-finalists of this contingency plan on March 17.

Read more at [URL]http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/premiership-play-off-final-update/#l4COtG52qCBgHt2m.99 (]http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/premiership-play-off-final-update/[/URL

[QUOTE)[/QUOTE]

oneone73
21-04-2016, 12:22 PM
]

Sorry, 17th

[URL=]http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/premiership-play-off-final-update/[/URL

Phew!

robinp
21-04-2016, 12:28 PM
The commentator last night mentioned that Rangers have 3 weeks between their last league game and the cup final.

HibsNutter
21-04-2016, 12:36 PM
The commentator last night mentioned that Rangers have 3 weeks between their last league game and the cup final.

True, could give us a major advantage as they definitely won't be at their sharpest

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2016, 12:54 PM
True, could give us a major advantage as they definitely won't be at their sharpest

They seem to have a friendly lined up against a premier league side - http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/04/21/mark-warburton-reveals-rangers-premier-league-friendly-ahead-of-cup-final/281909/

Based on the fact that English clubs are at the business end of their season, you'd imagine it would be a reserve team they would play (Spurs maybe).

pennyhibee
21-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Let's just win the 2016 Scottish Cup and that is all

monktonharp
21-04-2016, 01:08 PM
ts just try or hardest EVER and see what happens. been to a few that we just did not turn up!

Ryan91
22-04-2016, 07:41 AM
They seem to have a friendly lined up against a premier league side - http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/04/21/mark-warburton-reveals-rangers-premier-league-friendly-ahead-of-cup-final/281909/

Based on the fact that English clubs are at the business end of their season, you'd imagine it would be a reserve team they would play (Spurs maybe).

They can play all the friendlies they want, but it's no substitute for competitive matches

number9dream
22-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Falkirk has a long wait for the final last year, playing games against Burnley and Swansea reserves.
We had 18 days off before the play-off semi.
Both teams with the time off lost - #justsaying

Col2
22-04-2016, 08:48 AM
Imagine:-

1. Promotion
2. Scottish Cup Winners
3. European football - later round than gogie losers
4. Cup final(s) revenue c £1.5m to offset loss

Then

10k+ season tickets, investment in team and a feel good factor like never before.

How good would that be? And all down to the next 5 weeks.

rcarter1
22-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Imagine:-

1. Promotion
2. Scottish Cup Winners
3. European football - later round than gogie losers
4. Cup final(s) revenue c £1.5m to offset loss

Then

10k+ season tickets, investment in team and a feel good factor like never before.

How good would that be? And all down to the next 5 weeks.

It could be emotional, particular with Playoff Final and Scottish Cup Final so close to each other!

:gwa:

Captain Trips
22-04-2016, 09:45 AM
ts just try or hardest EVER and see what happens. been to a few that we just did not turn up!

The 3 finals I have been to 2 vs Celtic they were always strong favourites and I was not surprised we lost them both, the Hearts game well again I certainlt felt we did not have a great team but had a small hope.

This for me is totally different this time we certainly have a chance and it isnt a chance based on hope its a genuine great shout.

Dublin07
22-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Falkirk has a long wait for the final last year, playing games against Burnley and Swansea reserves.
We had 18 days off before the play-off semi.
Both teams with the time off lost - #justsaying

This is a good point. Hibs were sluggish in the first game against Rangers after that 18 day break.
I good start is really important in the final and we have scored first in all but 1 game against them this season.

Diclonius
22-04-2016, 09:52 AM
I think they did and were encouraged to do so by a weak ref. Some of their tackilng was horrific and we were lucky not to get more injuries than we did.

Apologies; when I initially read your post I interpreted it as "They played very well against us" rather than "They were extremely physical". So yeah, I agree with you on that one. :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
26-04-2016, 01:02 PM

As I predicted :wink: -

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14452142.Tottenham_Hotspur_to_be_Rangers__oppositi on_ahead_of_Scottish_Cup_final_with_Hibs/

GreenLake
27-04-2016, 03:16 AM
As I predicted :wink: -

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14452142.Tottenham_Hotspur_to_be_Rangers__oppositi on_ahead_of_Scottish_Cup_final_with_Hibs/

They will be playing against a team of players that can turn on a sixpence and trap a ball dead at their feet or string seven or eight one touch passes together. When they play us in the final they won't have a clue where the ball is going to be. Might be cork screwing off a knee, jarring off a hard shin bone or 10 bob bitting off a heid.

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2016, 08:14 AM
They will be playing against a team of players that can turn on a sixpence and trap a ball dead at their feet or string seven or eight one touch passes together. When they play us in the final they won't have a clue where the ball is going to be. Might be cork screwing off a knee, jarring off a hard shin bone or 10 bob bitting off a heid.

I don't believe for a second that they'll be playing the Spurs first team. They have much bigger fish to fry at present.

GreenLake
27-04-2016, 10:06 AM
I don't believe for a second that they'll be playing the Spurs first team. They have much bigger fish to fry at present.

I still expect Spurs under 18's to give the new club a good gubbing. :wink:

DH1875
27-04-2016, 02:39 PM
A lot of spurs first team will be involved with the Euros so can't see them playing.

Sergey
27-04-2016, 02:51 PM
I still expect Spurs under 18's to give the new club a good gubbing. :wink:

Enfield Town (Pub League) often play Spurs in closed doors matches when Spurs don't have a match on. IIRC, the last match finished 13-1 and earlier in the season it was 9-0.

Moulin Yarns
27-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Enfield Town (Pub League) often play Spurs in closed doors matches when Spurs don't have a match on. IIRC, the last match finished 13-1 and earlier in the season it was 9-0.

For Enfield?

Just joking

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2016, 03:18 PM

I hope Spurs were given a good talking to, after such heavy defeats from minnows like that.

Hermit Crab
27-04-2016, 03:45 PM
A few rash tackles from Spurs would be nice.

GreenLake
27-04-2016, 03:56 PM
A few rash tackles from Spurs would be nice.

A few of The Rangers players might have tackle rashes.

DTS
27-04-2016, 03:58 PM
http://scotfa.co/finaltixinfo 21k tickets each reasonable prices

ArmadaleHibs
27-04-2016, 04:16 PM
This is by far and away the best ever chance we've had of winning the cup this year. I know it's all been said before but we really can do this
Ggtth

Sir David Gray
27-04-2016, 09:09 PM

The title could be over by Sunday so they might not have anything to play for by the time the friendly comes around.

CallumLaidlaw
28-04-2016, 07:08 AM
Well they never cease to amaze me. Apparently Hibs fans are glory hunters, we'll never sell 21k tickets, we're all spoon burners, we've never sold the East stand out, one even thinks the final is at Ibrox, and apparently TheRangers fans are the "most IMPORTANT" fans in the world.

https://www.facebook.com/ibrox.loyal/posts/1062429847163308

Geo_1875
28-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Well they never cease to amaze me. Apparently Hibs fans are glory hunters, we'll never sell 21k tickets, we're all spoon burners, we've never sold the East stand out, one even thinks the final is at Ibrox, and apparently TheRangers fans are the "most IMPORTANT" fans in the world.

https://www.facebook.com/ibrox.loyal/posts/1062429847163308

And they've never reached the Scottish Cup final in their 4 year history.