PDA

View Full Version : If we play Rangers in the final

Leith Green
17-04-2016, 11:28 AM
If Rangers make the cup final then they will go three full weeks without a competitive match.. That will be a massive advantage for us imo if we can secure 2nd spot and play two games less. Difficult to raise your levels having not played any games for so long.

Diclonius
17-04-2016, 11:29 AM
If we play Rangers in the final, it'll be the first EVER final between two clubs outside the top division.

Leith Green
17-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Forgot to add , securing 2nd place would give us a 10 day rest before attacking the play offs and cup final.. We need to get that 2nd spot

Itsnoteasy
17-04-2016, 11:52 AM
If we play Rangers in the final, it'll be the first EVER final between two clubs outside the top division.
Would rather play Celtic on today's display

Keith_M
17-04-2016, 11:54 AM

Even if we couldn't play Henderson and Stokes?

Tyler Durden
17-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Even if we couldn't play Henderson and Stokes?

Yes.

Andy74
17-04-2016, 12:00 PM

The problem with that is that they are clearly the best team in Scotland. If they turn up we get a doing.

If an in form Rangers turn up we still have every chance.

Rangers every time for me. And we get to play two of our better players.

gaz1875
17-04-2016, 12:19 PM

We are a bit of an unknown to Celtic so it might be in our favour in that respect. The rangers know how to play against us and have been successful, although we have also had a couple of good results we have struggled with the pace they play if on form.

Leith Green
17-04-2016, 12:21 PM
The problem with that is that they are clearly the best team in Scotland. If they turn up we get a doing.

If an in form Rangers turn up we still have every chance.

Rangers every time for me. And we get to play two of our better players.

I agree.. If we can get back to the levels we reached mis season then it would be 50/50 against Rangers... Celtic on their day are a mile better than the rest of scottish football.

Zazu62
17-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Whatever will be will be I'm just happy we are in the final .. Both will be extremely hard games

Eyrie
17-04-2016, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't be confident of our prospects against either of them, which is realism rather than pessimism.

In a way Celtc are the better option as our expectations will be lower compared to Sevco who many of us will think we have a decent chance against. We'll need to create an upset either way.

HibsNutter
17-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Celtic:

-Better team
-No Stokes and Henderson
-No Sviachenko

Rangers:

-No meaningful game since today
-Massive break without a game (lose match sharpness)
-No O'Halloran, King, Ball, or possibly Waghorn.

Rangers all the way for me.

Onion
17-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Celtic:

-Better team
-No Stokes and Henderson
-No Sviachenko

Rangers:

-No meaningful game since today
-Massive break without a game (lose match sharpness)
-No O'Halloran, King, Ball, or possibly Waghorn.

Rangers all the way for me.

Promotion and beating Celtic were the two big targets for Sevco this season. Winning the Scottish Cup would be a nice bonus. By the time the Final comes, winning the Cup could well be Hibs biggest game. On the day, luck and who wants it more often decides the winner.

hibby6270
17-04-2016, 02:59 PM

And add the first time the same non top league team has got to both major cup finals in same season.
Well done Hibs. GGTTH.