PDA

View Full Version : James Keatings on twitter

Stuarty27
17-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Currently posting things like come on the hoops and pictures at the game.

Anyone else think this is out of order??

Onceinawhile
17-04-2016, 11:20 AM
No.

Shrekko
17-04-2016, 11:21 AM

Nope. We'd be getting all excited if Griffiths was spotted in the Hibs end yesterday.

Lancs Harp
17-04-2016, 11:22 AM
I'm a proud luddite and old school, to me twitter is out of order full stop. :greengrin

hibsbollah
No.

sleeping giant
I do .

Footballers should quietly support who they like.
Quietly.

Iggy Pope
He played for Celtic. Seems fair enough to me.

djs69
17-04-2016, 11:23 AM
What a cock he is

RoxburghHibs
17-04-2016, 11:24 AM
No problem at all. He supports another team so what.

Stuarty27
17-04-2016, 11:25 AM
What if his tweet said come on the Gers

matty_f
What a cock he is

You stay classy.

hibee_girl
Just be happy he's not a Rangers fan :greengrin

matty_f
17-04-2016, 11:26 AM

What if it did? Looking to be offended, imho.

SlickShoes
17-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Footballers are humans and some of them support teams that aren't hibs. If he was in the rangers end it'd be different as they are in our league

Blaster
17-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Maybe just wants a game in the final 😄

SunshineOnLeith
17-04-2016, 11:30 AM

Would be a weird thing for a Celtic fan to tweet, tbf.

trev the hat
No issues from me, all it does though is open himself up for abuse.
He would be well advised to disable comments on his tweets judging by some of the comments.

Diclonius
Given that it's another Scottish team, I would keep it quiet. Plus, it directly impacts on us - some of his teammates can't play if Celtic win.

green day
17-04-2016, 11:34 AM
He is a Celtic fan, can't see the problem.

Fairly sure Stokes wants them to win too.

bingo70
17-04-2016, 11:34 AM
I just don't see what's in it for him to tweet things like that. I find stuff like that a bit annoying, not a sackable offence just a bit daft when you play for one of their competitors.

Just Dinnae tweet stuff like that and then there's no problem

FromTheCapital
17-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Would you be saying anything if Stokes or Henderson tweeted about Celtic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH1875
17-04-2016, 11:37 AM

Think Stokes would rather score the winner against rangers in the final to be honest.

green day
17-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Would you be saying anything if Stokes or Henderson tweeted about Celtic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stokes did - a journo said he would be looking for a rangers win - he replied "no I don't".

FromTheCapital
17-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Stokes did - a journo said he would be looking for a rangers win - he replied "no I don't".

And that's absolutely fine.

green day
17-04-2016, 11:42 AM
And that's absolutely fine.

Exactly. They are fans and want to win a Derby.

But they are tweeting as fans, not players.

Keith_M
17-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Hibs player tweeting that he wants a team to win the other semi-final, which will have a direct result on Hibs' chances in the final.

Sorry, but that IS out of order.

Hibs90
17-04-2016, 11:47 AM
Hibs player tweeting that he wants a team to win the other semi-final, which will have a direct result on Hibs' chances in the final.

Agreed. Disrespectful

Frazerbob
17-04-2016, 11:47 AM
The Stokes comparison is nonsense, he is a Celtic player.

keep the faith
17-04-2016, 11:48 AM
No problem with our players supporting other teams but yeah I kinda do think it disrespectful, as his team will be playing the winners of this particular match.

Super_JMcGinn
17-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Given that it's another Scottish team, I would keep it quiet. Plus, it directly impacts on us - some of his teammates can't play if Celtic win.

This 100%.

.Sean.
17-04-2016, 11:51 AM
It's not a sackable offence but a bit unprofessional and downright disrespectful IMO.

Not like it's one of our better players spouting it though, so in all honestly I couldn't care less.

ManBearPig
He can support who he wants griffiths is one of the most outspoken hibbies going even when he was unveiled at Celtic he made it clear who he supports! There is no issue with this.

MWHIBBIES
No time for that, he can support whoever he likes but he shouldn't be publicly making comments like that on social media while he is at Hibs.

Keith_M
17-04-2016, 11:53 AM
The Stokes comparison is nonsense, he is a Celtic player.

...that won't be able to play in the Final if Celtc win, along with Henderson.

17-04-2016, 11:54 AM
If he's a celtic fan then fair enough, as long as it doesn't affect how he plays for us. We loved it when Griffiths did it with us.

Super_JMcGinn
17-04-2016, 11:55 AM
...that won't be able to play in the Final if Celtc win, along with Henderson.
Stokes can't possibly come out and say anything else as he is a celtic employee, rank rotten question by the journo looking for a story.

lucky
17-04-2016, 11:55 AM
He's only tweeted come on the hoops. Hardly crime of the century. I doubt it would stop in trying in a final against them

hibsdaft
17-04-2016, 11:57 AM
I wonder what Liam Henderson is thinking watching this. if the huns win, he gets to play, but he's a massive Celtic fan by all accounts.

hfc rd
17-04-2016, 11:59 AM
He can support who he wants griffiths is one of the most outspoken hibbies going even when he was unveiled at Celtic he made it clear who he supports! There is no issue with this.

This

squire
17-04-2016, 12:01 PM
As a fan he can support who he wants. We don't demand all our players are Hibs supporters and that's fine. It's the context that is very disrespectful as the other semi final has a direct consequence for us.

Hibby Bairn
17-04-2016, 12:05 PM
I'd be surprised if Hibs don't have social media rules and guidelines re this.

green day
17-04-2016, 12:10 PM
Going to be a mass sacking then, Jordan Sinclair (u 20) is also tweeting his support.

......or we can just accept that professional fitba players can support one team and play for another - shock horror!!

Schteff
17-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Least he's not a hun

1987kev
17-04-2016, 12:15 PM
If any us were professional footballers playing Celtic we would have done the same yesterday there's no problem here.

.Sean.
17-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Least he's not a hun
This type of post does my tits in.

Why would him being a Hun be any worse than him being a Celtic supporter?

Both clubs are absolute **** and posts like this, along with the numerous bangers on my Facebook chugging over the prospect of a 'green final' just adds to the nonsense notion we've some sort of affinity with Celtic. :rolleyes:

**** them both.

trev the hat
17-04-2016, 12:20 PM

Both clubs are absolute **** and posts like this, along with the numerous bangers on my Facebook chugging over the prospect of a 'green final' just adds to the nonsense notion we've some sort of affinity with Celtic. :rolleyes:

**** them both.

Post of the day 👏

Schteff
17-04-2016, 12:21 PM

**** them both.

Dry yer eyes pal

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2016, 12:22 PM

**** them both.

Well said that man.

Hibby D
17-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Going to be a mass sacking then, Jordan Sinclair (u 20) is also tweeting his support.

......or we can just accept that professional fitba players can support one team and play for another - shock horror!!

Hibs released Jordan earlier this week. He can tweet what he wants. Plus he's a Celtc fan. Seems fair to me.

As for Keatings. He's employed by Hibs and supports Celtc. I think he needs to show a bit of respect to Hibs and his team mates but it's subjective whether his tweet is disrespectful

Hibby Bairn
17-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Hibs released Jordan earlier this week. He can tweet what he wants. Plus he's a Celtc fan. Seems fair to me.

Is that right? Didn't know that. Thought he was doing well?

Eyrie
Why are people getting upset about a Celtc fan supporting Celtc in a game which we're not playing?

If Keatings would rather face his own team is that any different to Griffiths wanting us to win yesterday? And there is the consideration that if it's Celtc then Stokes can't play which improves Keatings' chance of getting a start.

.Sean.
Dry yer eyes pal
Just you stick to sitting in the house with a box of Kleenex watching your big team wee man :aok:

green day
17-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Hibs released Jordan earlier this week

Ah, didn't know that?

Odd as he scored 2 v huns last week.

Hibby D
17-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Ah, didn't know that?

Odd as he scored 2 v huns last week.

Yup and released him the following day. Odd indeed because a few days after that he was nominated for young player of the year. Good luck to the laddie - I think letting him go will come back to bite us on the bahookie!

DaveF
17-04-2016, 12:36 PM

As for Keatings. He's employed by Hibs and supports Celtc. I think he needs to show a bit of respect to Hibs and his team mates but it's subjective whether his tweet is disrespectful

Was it not Jordan McGregor who was released or have I got my Jordans mixed up?

WeeRussell
17-04-2016, 12:37 PM
this type of post does my tits in.

Why would him being a hun be any worse than him being a celtic supporter?

Both clubs are absolute **** and posts like this, along with the numerous bangers on my facebook chugging over the prospect of a 'green final' just adds to the nonsense notion we've some sort of affinity with celtic. :rolleyes:

**** them both.

yes!

Hibby D
17-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Was it not Jordan McGregor who was released or have I got my Jordans mixed up?

Nope Jordan Sinclair has definitely been released. :aok:

DaveF
17-04-2016, 12:40 PM

Ta. I had thought it was the lad who was on loan at Berwick but obviously not.

The Green Goblin
17-04-2016, 12:47 PM

**** them both.

:agree:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 12:52 PM

**** them both.

The only thing worse than playing Rangers in the final would be the 'spectacle' of a faux friendly all green final.

One Day Soon
17-04-2016, 12:53 PM

What if it did? I'd probably like it more.

The Harp
17-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Glad it's gone to extra time. Tire the Huns out for Wed and a possibility of yellow cards or a red ruling out some players appearing in the Final.

DaveF
17-04-2016, 12:54 PM

Looks like both have been released as there is an article on the Berwick site saying how they want McGregor following his release from Hibs. No wonder I'm confused :-)

green day
Wrong Jordan - other thread says................

Jordan mcgregor

Released by hibs on Friday apparently according to Berwick Rangers website

http://www.berwickrangers.com/coughlin-id-love-to-keep-mcgregor-around/

Berwick manager John Coughlin admitted that he’d love to keep Jordan McGregor at Shielfield following his release from Hibernian at the weekend, but has acknowledged that it’s unlikely he’ll be plying his trade in Black and Gold next season.

“Jordan was released from Hibernian on Friday night, and that left me with a decision to make. I needed to ensure he was mentally sound for the match.

One Day Soon

**** them both.

Post of 2016 to date.

10/10

Brightside
17-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Looks like both have been released as there is an article on the Berwick site saying how they want McGregor following his release from Hibs. No wonder I'm confused :-)

Its mcGregor that was released last week...im sure sinclair is still there.

PercyHibs
17-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Its mcGregor that was released last week...im sure sinclair is still there.

Sinclair has been released.

DaveF
17-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Sinclair has been released.

So its both then. Sorted :-)

Hibby D
17-04-2016, 01:10 PM
We were both right Dave. Both Jordan's have been released - :greengrin

Billy Whizz
17-04-2016, 01:10 PM
So its both then. Sorted :-)

And Brennan and Aaron Scott

Brightside
17-04-2016, 01:18 PM
And Brennan and Aaron Scott

Was that today? Brennan was on the warm up at the semi.....let in almost every shot mind you.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Was that today? Brennan was on the warm up at the semi.....let in almost every shot mind you.

Was just about to post that. Sean was definitely involved in the warm up yesterday.

HibsNutter
17-04-2016, 01:29 PM
Bit naive to say the least, but I'm fine with it. He supports Celtic and would love to play them in the final. Griffiths would have wanted us to win yesterday. Griffiths actively attends our games while contracted to Celtic. It's fine.

DH1875
17-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Bit naive to say the least, but I'm fine with it. He supports Celtic and would love to play them in the final. Griffiths would have wanted us to win yesterday. Griffiths actively attends our games while contracted to Celtic. It's fine.

Exactly, expect Leigh will be in the Hibs end at the final, not at home tweeting about it and no one on here will have a problem with it.

Itsnoteasy
17-04-2016, 01:41 PM

Poor Keatings what a ***** season he is having

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Exactly, expect Leigh will be in the Hibs end at the final, not at home tweeting about it and no one on here will have a problem with it.Hope not, smelly wee fud.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Poor Keatings what a ***** season he is having

Spot on.

Pete
17-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Hope not, smelly wee fud.

Scott Allen and Scott Brown will undoubtedly be there with him.

What's the problem?

basehibby
17-04-2016, 02:08 PM

Why would Stokes have wanted Celtic to win? - Celtic fan or not he's a pro footballer to whom the chance of winning a cup winners medal would surely mean more. He and Henderson would keep pretty quiet about it but I'd be surprised if both of then were not hoping for a Rangers win today so as they can play in the final.

Siralbertkidd
17-04-2016, 02:09 PM

What's the problem?

None of them have enough loyalty points :dunno::dunno::dunno:

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2016, 02:18 PM

What's the problem?Allan is a hun, don't think him being in our end will go well. Brown can also GTF.

I don't want guys who kiss the Celtic badge taking actual Hibs fans tickets.

oconnors_strip
17-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Allan is a hun, don't think him being in our end will go well. Brown can also GTF.

They won't be in the hibs end, they will get comp tickets for the hospitality area seats in the main stand where a lot of players/managers from other teams will be

Stokesy's on fire
17-04-2016, 02:37 PM

No he didn't want to play sevco in the final

Also when Leigh Griffiths was coming to Hibs games to support is nobody complained about.

CockneyRebel
17-04-2016, 02:46 PM

**** them both.

Bang on 100% correct. How can any right minded Hibby have an affinity with Celtic just cos they play in green, they are still one half of the bigot brothers - **** them both indeed.

Waxy
17-04-2016, 03:13 PM
He'll be trying Lots of percent if he gets on the park in the final.Support who he wants. Everyone else does.

Dunbar Hibee
17-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Keatings can ram it, IMO.

hibee_girl
17-04-2016, 03:15 PM
He'll be trying Lots of percent if he gets on the park in the final.Support who he wants. Everyone else does.

Maybe he'll try harder now it's Rangers :greengrin

silverhibee
17-04-2016, 03:21 PM

Is it okay if Deek sits in the Hibs end.

green day
17-04-2016, 03:23 PM

???

Pete
17-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Bang on 100% correct. How can any right minded Hibby have an affinity with Celtic just cos they play in green, they are still one half of the bigot brothers - **** them both indeed.

I think it's more to do with how they view hibs. There's an element of rangers fans who detest us because of our background while there is an element of celtic fans who are sickeningly patronising for the same reason. I think one is slightly worse than the other.

DaveF
17-04-2016, 03:31 PM
I wonder which end Ivan will be in ;-)

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2016, 03:32 PM
Is it okay if Deek sits in the Hibs end.He can do what he likes, so can Griffiths and naturally, so can I. I have no time for Griffiths while he plays for Celtic, same with Riordan when he was there. Disgusting club.

Would everyone on here be fine with Griffiths sitting in our end taking a Hibs fans ticket if he played for Hearts? How about Rangers? Very much doubt it.

Keyser Sauzee
17-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Allan is a hun, don't think him being in our end will go well. Brown can also GTF.

Never understand opinions like this! There's a thread on here about how great it is that John Doolan shows as much passion as he does for hibs, thumping the badge is a very similar act to kissing it, I'm sure John is a supporter of another club whoever that is. I think it's just a case that these guys are showing their respective fans how much they care.

Leigh Griffiths is very much still an "actual Hibs fan"

Eyrie
17-04-2016, 03:44 PM
I think it's more to do with how they view hibs. There's an element of rangers fans who detest us because of our background while there is an element of celtic fans who are sickeningly patronising for the same reason. I think one is slightly worse than the other.

It's clear to me that Sevco are slightly worse than Celtc, who are slightly worse than Sevco, who are slightly worse than Celtic, who are ... repeat to fade

Bleep the pair of them.

silverhibee
17-04-2016, 03:55 PM
He can do what he likes, so can Griffiths and naturally, so can I. I have no time for Griffiths while he plays for Celtic, same with Riordan when he was there. Disgusting club.

Would everyone on here be fine with Griffiths sitting in our end taking a Hibs fans ticket if he played for Hearts? How about Rangers? Very much doubt it.

Easy Mr Angry, you need to chill out a bit.

Deek will be there supporting his team, no badge kisser of that club.

"I always kiss the Hibs badge, I'm a fan so I wouldn't kiss any other," Riordan told the Hibs website.

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Easy Mr Angry, you need to chill out a bit.

Deek will be there supporting his team, no badge kisser of that club.

"I always kiss the Hibs badge, I'm a fan so I wouldn't kiss any other," Riordan told the Hibs website.I have no issue with Deek now, one of my favourite ever Hibs players. Just saying I had no time for him while he was with Celtic.

Waxy
17-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Maybe he'll try harder now it's Rangers :greengrin

That's what i was thinking. He might be the guy who hits the winner.

silverhibee
17-04-2016, 04:27 PM
I have no issue with Deek now, one of my favourite ever Hibs players. Just saying I had no time for him while he was with Celtic.

:aok:

Stay calm. :greengrin

jacomo
17-04-2016, 04:34 PM

:agree:

I'm not that worked up about it, but IMO it's not very professional behaviour.

I don't think he should have attended the match, given that Hibs could have been playing the team he supports in the final.

Famous Fiver
17-04-2016, 05:32 PM
If Leigh is sitting beside me in the Hibs end I won't be upset.

If he leads the sing song on Saturday night after the match down ER way I won't be upset.

If he sings Sunshine on Leith I won't be upset.

If he tweets ' Mon the Hibs' I won't be upset.

If he then gets sacked by Celtic I won't be upset!!!

Itsnoteasy
17-04-2016, 05:41 PM
If Leigh is sitting beside me in the Hibs end I won't be upset.

If he leads the sing song on Saturday night after the match down ER way I won't be upset.

If he sings Sunshine on Leith I won't be upset.

If he tweets ' Mon the Hibs' I won't be upset.

If he then gets sacked by Celtic I won't be upset!!!

And if he gets lifted by the polis we know what song he has been singing.

scoopyboy
17-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Not a big deal for me, if Celtic had won it would have given him a better chance of starting in the final.

If he is a Celtic fan it follows by definition he hates Rangers and will want to ram them in the final.

I would love to know who Stokes and Henderson were really supporting today.

3pm
17-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Not a big deal for me, if Celtic had won it would have given him a better chance of starting in the final.

If he is a Celtic fan it follows by definition he hates Rangers and will want to ram them in the final.

It's all about medals - I'd be surprised if they aren't inwardly pleased this evening!

Allant1981
17-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Why would Stokes have wanted Celtic to win? - Celtic fan or not he's a pro footballer to whom the chance of winning a cup winners medal would surely mean more. He and Henderson would keep pretty quiet about it but I'd be surprised if both of then were not hoping for a Rangers win today so as they can play in the final.

He responded to a tweet this morning saying he didnt want rangers to win, the journo was saying him and henderson would want rangers to win so they could play in the final

SteveHFC
17-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Just posted this on his Facebook page:

Didn't know it was a crime to support the club i have always supported from day one. Doesn't make a difference who I play for I will always give it my all for the jersey I pull on 👍

bigwheel
17-04-2016, 07:35 PM

Didn't know it was a crime to support the club i have always supported from day one. Doesn't make a difference who I play for I will always give it my all for the jersey I pull on 

Can't disagree with his view...most people love it when they see Leigh or any other ex player back watching the team...He can supports his team on a day off anytime he wants in my book....

silverhibee
17-04-2016, 07:36 PM

I would guess Stokes would have been rooting for Celtc today, he needs his kneecaps in working order. :greengrin

bingo70
17-04-2016, 07:36 PM

Didn't know it was a crime to support the club i have always supported from day one. Doesn't make a difference who I play for I will always give it my all for the jersey I pull on 👍

Another stupid tweet.

Just Dinnae bother tweeting anything about it in the first place and there's no problem.

bingo70
17-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Can't disagree with his view...most people love it when they see Leigh or any other ex player back watching the team...He can supports his team on a day off anytime he wants in my book....

Nobody grudges him goin to the game or supporting his boyhood team by why tweet about it?

Just Dinnae bother and there's no issue

Mikey09
17-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Some folk really do need to grow up eh? Who cares if they want THERE team to win?! Oh and like it or lump it Sparky is just as much a Hibs fan as anyone else on here! What a strange thread... :rolleyes:

Schteff
17-04-2016, 07:44 PM

Keatings can ram it, IMO.

Is it okay if Deek sits in the Hibs end.

The roasting is strong in those ones

bigwheel
17-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Nobody grudges him goin to the game or supporting his boyhood team by why tweet about it?

Just Dinnae bother and there's no issue

if people aren't bothered who he supports, why do they care if he mentions it on twitter...people are way to sensitive...if it was someone supporting Hibs they would be delighted...

17-04-2016, 07:52 PM
It's all about medals - I'd be surprised if they aren't inwardly pleased this evening!

I'm sure. They would be gutted to not be able to be involved in a cup final, celtic fans or not. They have a chance now to become heroes.

bingo70
17-04-2016, 07:55 PM
if people aren't bothered who he supports, why do they care if he mentions it on twitter...people are way to sensitive...if it was someone supporting Hibs they would be delighted...

Why bother putting it on Twitter though? Who benefits from him doing that?

Then the daft point about it not being a crime.....nobody has said it was a crime so he's as guilty for over reacting as anyone but ultimately it could all have been avoided if he just shut up and enjoyed watching the game.

Fwiw I'm pleased his team got pumped and hope he's had a mingin day

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2016, 08:00 PM
The roasting is strong in those onesAye, okay :confused:

SunshineOnLeith
17-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Why bother putting it on Twitter though? Who benefits from him doing that?

Why does anyone Tweet about anything?

Dunbar Hibee
17-04-2016, 08:52 PM
The roasting is strong in those ones

Makes sense... Goat.

SaulGoodman
17-04-2016, 08:53 PM

Making it worse

greenlex
17-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Did Griffiths tweet about Hibs yesterday?

cleanyman
17-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Unprofessional.

He's asking for trouble

ALF TUPPER
17-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Not a problem IMO.
Others do it >>>> our own Sparky makes it well known what his team is.
Nothing to see here ........ 🙂

SJM
17-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Unprofessional.

He's asking for trouble

Especially when the winners play his team in the final.

Wouldn't surprise me if he has thrown his dummy out because he's not getting game time like over at the tramps.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Doesn't bother me.

chrisski33
17-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Dont see what the big deal is tbh. Dont see anyone complaining if griffiths tweeted cmon hibs etc. Griffiths had taken one of his sons down to see hibs players at training recently.

High-On-Hibs
17-04-2016, 11:30 PM
You support the team that pays your wages, not the potential opposition. We're far too relaxed about these kind of things. It puts player commitment into serious doubt.

Mikey09
17-04-2016, 11:42 PM
You support the team that pays your wages, not the potential opposition. We're far too relaxed about these kind of things. It puts player commitment into serious doubt.

Aye?! So you're a die hard Hibby?! You get a contract with Berwick Rangers, so you're now a Berwick Rangers fan? Bizarre way of thinking.:rolleyes:

SunshineOnLeith
17-04-2016, 11:46 PM
It puts player commitment into serious doubt.

It really doesn't.

matty_f
17-04-2016, 11:48 PM

Nope.

monktonharp
17-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Hope not, smelly wee fud.aw fur the love of f/ck

monktonharp
17-04-2016, 11:59 PM

I don't want guys who kiss the Celtic badge taking actual Hibs fans tickets.I think you have serious problems. don't think you really like anybody

monktonharp
18-04-2016, 12:06 AM
He can do what he likes, so can Griffiths and naturally, so can I. I have no time for Griffiths while he plays for Celtic, same with Riordan when he was there. Disgusting club.

Would everyone on here be fine with Griffiths sitting in our end taking a Hibs fans ticket if he played for Hearts? How about Rangers? Very much doubt it.here we go again.:rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 12:23 AM
aw fur the love of f/ck

I think you have serious problems. don't think you really like anybody

here we go again.:rolleyes:

I like Hibs players and dislike opposition players, hardly a crime?

Do I have to love Leigh Griffiths because he claims to be a Hibby and was a good player for us?

Teo10
18-04-2016, 07:25 AM
Oh. My. Days.:bitchy:

Thecat23
18-04-2016, 07:36 AM
Another case of folk looking to go out their way to be offended. I couldn't care if Keatings had a Celtic top on under his Hibs strip. He's a professional footballer who was brought up watching them. Like Leigh he still attends matches when he can.

Get over it, he's a Hibs player and will give his best while in the Hibs strip!

High-On-Hibs
18-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Aye?! So you're a die hard Hibby?! You get a contract with Berwick Rangers, so you're now a Berwick Rangers fan? Bizarre way of thinking.:rolleyes:

If I played for Berwick Rangers and there was a chance that we could be facing Hibs in a cup competition, I would NOT be openly backing them over social media in that competition. I would be wanting the club that I play for to win the cup. It would be seriously wrong for me to think otherwise. How you could think otherwise is truly bizarre.

pacoluna
18-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Paul Paton tweeted his support for The rangers Yesterday and was forced to apologize this morning, I don't particularly care about Keatings tweet as we won on sat however if we had lost I would be a tad angry.

BSEJVT
18-04-2016, 09:28 AM
If I played for Berwick Rangers and there was a chance that we could be facing Hibs in a cup competition, I would NOT be openly backing them over social media in that competition. I would be wanting the club that I play for to win the cup. It would be seriously wrong for me to think otherwise. How you could think otherwise is truly bizarre.

What's truly bizarre is you stating that because he wanted Celtic to win that game he wants them to win the cup.

There is no evidence of that whatsoever.

You would go nuts if one of your mates who was a Hibs supporter started supporting Hearts.

These guys were football supporters long before they were players and are likely to be long afterwards.

Why should they stop going with their mates / family / children to see their team as long as there are no conflict of interests.

There are very few examples of players taking a fall against the team they support, they would be out the game in no time if they ever did.

I'm_cabbaged
18-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Probably thinking his only chance to play in the fina was if stokes and hendo couldn't play 😂

Alex Trager
18-04-2016, 09:52 AM
He responded to a tweet this morning saying he didnt want rangers to win, the journo was saying him and henderson would want rangers to win so they could play in the final

None of us wanted the Rangers to win. It's just the better outcome

*ducks*

chrisski33
18-04-2016, 10:18 AM

What aload of bull*****

Billychaotic182
18-04-2016, 10:33 AM
Lots of players no longer hide who they support and I don't see a problem with it.

Liam Buchanan - Livingston captian openly a hibs fan
Darren McGregor when at Rangers - openly a hibs fan
Dean Brett - Cowdenbeath full back - massive hibs fan
Leigh Griffiths- Celtic player - well you know the rest
Lewis Vaughan - raith striker - hibs fan

Don't see anyone offended when these players talk about there love for hibs.

Yes the winner plays hibs but him supporting a team that hasn't played each other much in years isn't a bad thing. Only problem people have is the fact that we don't like Rangers or Celtic

Frazerbob
18-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Lots of players no longer hide who they support and I don't see a problem with it.

Liam Buchanan - Livingston captian openly a hibs fan
Darren McGregor when at Rangers - openly a hibs fan
Dean Brett - Cowdenbeath full back - massive hibs fan
Leigh Griffiths- Celtic player - well you know the rest
Lewis Vaughan - raith striker - hibs fan

Don't see anyone offended when these players talk about there love for hibs.

Yes the winner plays hibs but him supporting a team that hasn't played each other much in years isn't a bad thing. Only problem people have is the fact that we don't like Rangers or Celtic

Nobody is saying you can't support another team or that you should hide the fact. Just don't be all over Twitter or Facebook banging on about it especially when we are waiting in the final for the winner of the game. The fact that so many are upset by it tells you it was a stupid thing to do.

SJM
18-04-2016, 11:03 AM
I think the difference here is the match in question that Keattings was tweeting about directly involved his current club.

If we lost on pens on Sat there would have been no issue but with us facing the winners why would he wish the batter side technically so publicly?

Waxy
18-04-2016, 11:05 AM
This should be put away into the "No big deal" box.

scoopyboy
18-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Paul Paton tweeted his support for The rangers Yesterday and was forced to apologize this morning, I don't particularly care about Keatings tweet as we won on sat however if we had lost I would be a tad angry.

If we had lost on Saturday what would it have mattered?

--------
18-04-2016, 11:41 AM
I do .

Footballers should quietly support who they like.
Quietly.

:agree: Indeed. Especially when the team they're currently playing for has an interest in the result of the game they're raving on about.

And if Celtic had won the shoot-out yesterday, and we were playing THEM in the final, who would wee James be wanting to win THEN?

(Given that without Henderson and Stokes he might have been quite an important player for us?)

JimBHibees
18-04-2016, 12:06 PM
:agree: Indeed. Especially when the team they're currently playing for has an interest in the result of the game they're raving on about.

And if Celtic had won the shoot-out yesterday, and we were playing THEM in the final, who would wee James be wanting to win THEN?

(Given that without Henderson and Stokes he might have been quite an important player for us?)

Tend to agree no big deal if he was going to the game with mates or family however dont see the need for him to be publicising it.

Lago
18-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Wrong!

Lago
18-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Paton having the same problem with Dun. Utd fans re tweets. They would be better avoiding twitter completely.

Eyrie
18-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Paton having the same problem with Dun. Utd fans re tweets. They would be better avoiding twitter completely.

It would be better if the fans took a more mature attitude when considering whether one of their players deserves abuse for being a fan of a different team.

Keatings and Paton can support who they like, just as long as they give 100% for the team they are playing for regardless of the opposition.

SJM
18-04-2016, 10:50 PM

Don't see what the Utd fans issues are - their team was already out and it mattered not a jot who won the old firm match to them. It did to us though.

silverhibee
18-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Tweeter twitter twatter.

Who cares who he supports, he will do his best for Hibs when he is played. That's all that counts.

SJM
18-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Tweeter twitter twatter.

Who cares who he supports, he will do his best for Hibs when he is played. That's all that counts.

He was supporting the winner of which the outcome directly goes against Hibs.

portyhibernian
18-04-2016, 11:34 PM
It's the complete lack of self awareness. The fact he's a Celtic fan who went to the game isn't a problem, but don't then declare your love for Celtic while playing for another team, one which could have been playing Celtic in the Scottish cup final, and then act all surprised when that annoys the fans of the team you play for. Stupid thing to do IMO.

Betty Boop
19-04-2016, 12:14 PM
St Mirren considering a Twitter ban for their players.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14436333.St_Mirren_consider_Twitter_ban_after_two_ players_cause_Old_Firm_tweet_anger/?ref=mr&lp=1

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Couldn't care less to be honest ..... I'm positive that if it had been Celtic in the final Keatings would still have given his all to win the game if selected for the team. My recurring nightmare lately was of Leigh Griffiths scoring the winner for Celtic against us on the 21st of May, thankfully that cant happen now.

Geo_1875
19-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Did anyone send him a GIRFUY when his team got beat?

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Don't see what the Utd fans issues are - their team was already out and it mattered not a jot who won the old firm match to them. It did to us though.

Probably because their fans tend to hate everything about Rangers. They are also pissed off that their team are about to be relegated and that they were put out the cup 24 hours before by a championship side in poor form. Putting anything at all on Twitter that could annoy his fans was stupid. Then again, he doesn't seem the brightest.

Andy74
20-04-2016, 10:47 AM
I see Alan Stubbs is planning to speak to him and the players generally about this sort of thing.

Tend to agree that it is just a bit daft to be tweeting about support for other teams. I hadn't realised he had been tweeting about being up early for the 'big game'.

It's just a lack of thought - Hibs games should be the big games for him. They should all be aware of how their own fans will take this. Just no need to be tweeting about it.

HappyHanlon
20-04-2016, 10:49 AM
If he's annoyed about it, then feel free to leave. Sub at best.

Teo10
20-04-2016, 12:30 PM
Bet a fair few are the ones who would abuse Nade for 89 minutes of a game then when he scores in the 90th and gives a bit back, they get really upset about him doing it.