PDA

View Full Version : What is it with Cummings?

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2016, 07:09 PM
It's only a couple of weeks since he was hooked, distraught, at Raith after one of the worst misses you could ever see. Then today he has the audacity to chip a penalty down the middle at Hampden when it was 0-0. Surely nobody can have that much confidence; and anyone who did would worry me, frankly. Post match he was going on about Pirlo! No offence to Jason, but is he all there? :greengrin

djs69
16-04-2016, 07:10 PM
We are in the final....positive comments only allowed

Libby Hibby
16-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Billy big time m8, all about one person, Jadon Cummings...not, repeat NOT a team player, offers very little

hibbymick
16-04-2016, 07:14 PM
It's only a couple of weeks since he was hooked, distraught, at Raith after one of the worst misses you could ever see. Then today he has the audacity to chip a penalty down the middle at Hampden when it was 0-0. Surely nobody can have that much confidence; and anyone who did would worry me, frankly. Post match he was going on about Pirlo! No offence to Jason, but is he all there? :greengrin

Hes a young laddie with a lot of growing up to do, and seems totally fearless. I wouldve liked to have been a fly on the wall in the dressing room at half time. Im sure a few players wouldve had a few unsavoury things to say to him.

KWJ
16-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Mercurial. Or at least, wannabe mercurial!

Gotta love um.

flash
Billy big time m8, all about one person, Jadon Cummings...not, repeat NOT a team player, offers very little

Well apart from 23 goals anyway.

emerald green
I've posted elsewhere already that he is a young lad with too much nonsense in his head.

That ludicrous attempt at a penalty could have had serious consequences for his club, and it should be made very clear to him that won't be tolerated in future.

Taking a penalty like that is maybe OK if your team is winning by 3 or 4 goals, but definitely not at the time and place he tried it today.

Pete
There is no great genius without some touch of madness. He's a bit heavy on the madness side though.

Unseen work
16-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Don't let it fool you.

He hurts as much as anyone, but what good is it to look or speak like you have no confidence?

He puts on a bravado and it works.

After the game he could of sat upset about his penalty, or he could forget about it as we got through.

I know what I would rather

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 07:20 PM
I think it's obvious from listening to him any time that he's interviewed that he's probably not the sharpest tool in the box but there's many football players who are like that.

He still has an awful lot of growing up to do and an awful lot to learn about the game and I think today proves that he would be well advised to stay at Hibs for at least another two or three years.

Eyrie
16-04-2016, 07:21 PM
I've posted elsewhere already that he is a young lad with too much nonsense in his head.

That ludicrous attempt at a penalty could have had serious consequences for his club, and it should be made very clear to him that won't be tolerated in future.

Taking a penalty like that is maybe OK if your team is winning by 3 or 4 goals, but definitely not at the time and place he tried it today.

I wouldn't have had a problem with it at 0-0 if Cummings had been on a good run of form, but he hasn't been playing that well so it was a stupid thing to attempt.

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2016, 07:22 PM

It's just some of things he says and does that make me wonder whether he's playing with a full deck. To be fair, a lot of footballers would never win Mastermind, but Jason seems on the extreme end of the intellectual scale, even for them :greengrin. I actually rate him as a player, however.

hibee_girl
16-04-2016, 07:22 PM
He's a young boy living out his dream of playing professional football, after what happened at Hearts he probably never thought this day would come.

Yes he made a mess of the penalty today but luckily it didn't really matter in the end. He's scored plenty big goals for us so I think we should just enjoy him, madness and all.

Mr White
16-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Bigger picture for me is you want strikers to have confidence and self belief. Yes he ****ed his penalty but he bounced back to stroke home the winner in the shootout. Self belief in evidence for both. Lesser egos would have shat out of the shootout :greengrin

JimBHibees
16-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Bigger picture for me is you want strikers to have confidence and self belief. Yes he ****ed his penalty but he bounced back to stroke home the winner in the shootout. Self belief in evidence for both. Lesser egos would have shat out of the shootout :greengrin

Yep to me has a great attitude, didn't seemed fazed at all by the missed pen when he went up to take the winning pen. Think his confidence is great. We seemed to produce some recent younger players who sometimes looked like they were scared of their own shadow. Great to see a young kid with so much belief. Still lots to learn but a genuine asset.

Hibby Bairn
16-04-2016, 07:30 PM

Exactly. Will probably end up close to 30 for the season. Scores regularly for Scotland U21s as well.

Only Hibs fans could slaughter a young player achieving these things.

Jonnyboy
16-04-2016, 07:31 PM
He's a young boy living out his dream of playing professional football, after what happened at Hearts he probably never thought this day would come.

Yes he made a mess of the penalty today but luckily it didn't really matter in the end. He's scored plenty big goals for us so I think we should just enjoy him, madness and all.

This :top marks

JIm
16-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Exactly. Will probably end up close to 30 for the season. Scores regularly for Scotland U21s as well.

This.

Callum_62
16-04-2016, 07:33 PM

:thumbsup::agree:

About time we had some gallousness in our side

hibsbollah
16-04-2016, 07:35 PM
He was showing off, ****ed up and then redeemed himself. Give him a break

JimBHibees
16-04-2016, 07:36 PM

Agree

truehibernian
16-04-2016, 07:37 PM
This :top marks

JB, for me it wasn't a technical decision but a selfish one - I'll guarantee the players gave him stick after taking it that way. I'm all for creativity and arrogance but not at 0-0 - especially when he's been so consistent picking a side and dispatching it.

Sorry to be a buzz kill but it was ridiculous - and he better learn from it. As his career progresses, Scottish football may forgive the 'loveable rogue' but English Championship and above won't. He has to simply screw the nut if he is serious about his career.

One thing in his favour today - the boys got you know what's the size of coconuts to take the winning pen - that I like about him.

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2016, 07:39 PM

Not criticising him, Hibsbollah, but merely asking what may go through his mind, if anything :greengrin

Callum_62
16-04-2016, 07:40 PM
see if it went in - would he has been 'so calm under pressure/fearless etc etc"

he beat the keeper and missed the target - eerily similar to Mixus attempt in the 93rd minute against Hearts at ER many a year back

he couldve easily placed it keepers left and had it saved

murray26
16-04-2016, 07:41 PM
JB, for me it wasn't a technical decision but a selfish one - I'll guarantee the players gave him stick after taking it that way. I'm all for creativity and arrogance but not at 0-0 - especially when he's been so consistent picking a side and dispatching it.

Sorry to be a buzz kill but it was ridiculous - and he better learn from it. As his career progresses, Scottish football may forgive the 'loveable rogue' but English Championship and above won't. He has to simply screw the nut if he is serious about his career.

One thing in his favour today - the boys got you know what's the size of coconuts to take the winning pen - that I like about him.
Totally agree with this post.. JC would have been crucified had we lost today.. He needs to learn and fast..

Soldiersteve
16-04-2016, 07:43 PM

Exactly. He will have learned from it too. Meanwhile, we are in another Cup Final! GGTTH
:flag:

Waxy
16-04-2016, 07:45 PM
2-0 down at the little pink bus shelter recently with time running out? What happened next?

wookie70
16-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Can't understand the slating he takes from Hibs fans. You know he is decent as opposition fans give him plenty stick.

Not many 20 goal a year strikers, particularly at his age. His game is improving all the time and I want him to stay a wee bit greedy and definitely stay confident, arrogant and even cocky. He will have periods where he doesn't score and I would rather he keeps at the right end of the pitch and continues to buy a ticket so he can win the raffle. The alternative is a dour head down striker like James Collins who played most of his football on the half way line with his back to goal.

He is a young guy living the dream and he has done better, much better, than the vast majority of youngsters who seem to have been given, quite rightly, many opportunities to shine with good crowd support. Perhaps what Stanton, Harris etc lacked was what Jason has.

hibees 7062
16-04-2016, 07:47 PM
David van Zanten ‏@VanzyD 8h8 hours ago (https://twitter.com/VanzyD/status/721305743945768960) If one of my team mates did that in a semi final and we didn't go through I'd rip his head off

Where did he get the bottle from ?

Bronson
16-04-2016, 07:47 PM
I'm a Cummings fan but he needs brought back down to earth imo. That penalty today was farcical, to do that in a scottish cup semi final is shameful.

No harm done in the end, but i do not want to see a repeat of that. If i was Stubbs I'd be having a word.

truehibernian
16-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Can't understand the slating he takes from Hibs fans. You know he is decent as opposition fans give him plenty stick.

Not many 20 goal a year strikers, particularly at his age. His game is improving all the time and I want him to stay a wee bit greedy and definitely stay confident, arrogant and even cocky. He will have periods where he doesn't score and I would rather he keeps at the right end of the pitch and continues to buy a ticket so he can win the raffle. The alternative is a dour head down striker like James Collins who played most of his football on the half way line with his back to goal.

He is a young guy living the dream and he has done better, much better, than the vast majority of youngsters who seem to have been given, quite rightly, many opportunities to shine with good crowd support. Perhaps what Stanton, Harris etc lacked was what Jason has.

What was your immediate reaction when he missed - be honest ?

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2016, 07:48 PM
2-0 down at the little pink bus shelter recently with time running out? What happened next?

Pirlo scored? :greengrin

I think he's a player, but what I'm asking is whether he's bonkers - to use the correct medical terminology? :greengrin

Mr White
16-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Pirlo scored? :greengrin

I think he's a player, but what I'm asking is whether he's bonkers - to use the correct medical terminology? :greengrin

Suffering from excess confidence. Acutely :greengrin

Jonnyboy
16-04-2016, 07:54 PM

You're right. It was a stupid and selfish act but he redeemed himself later and you can bet your bottom dollar that Stubbs will make sure JC learns from it :thumbsup:

SJM
16-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Keep him sweet to sell in the summer. He's no longer a team player and seems to have the Scott Allan attitude.

Famous Fiver
16-04-2016, 07:58 PM
These days with social media and multi camera match coverage every move, word and action is scrutinised as never before.

We've had some real characters over the years but they were never under the same scrutiny.

Take this as a compliment to him if you like but the only wayward genius to attract this much scrutiny at Easter Road ( and off the field) was George Best and he wasn't a bad player.

I'd take Jason, warts and all and his 20 odd goals all day.

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2016, 08:00 PM
These days with social media and multi camera match coverage every move, word and action is scrutinised as never before.

We've had some real characters over the years but they were never under the same scrutiny.

Take this as a compliment to him if you like but the only wayward genius to attract this much scrutiny at Easter Road ( and off the field) was George Best and he wasn't a bad player.

I'd take Jason, warts and all and his 20 odd goals all day.

What about Budgie? The lift definitely didn't reach the top floor :greengrin

Mr White
16-04-2016, 08:04 PM
What about Budgie? The lift definitely didn't reach the top floor :greengrin

Not so much rowing with one oar, more like 2 oars but no ****ing boat :greengrin

green day
16-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Some right zoomers on here tonight.

We are in the cup final, stop greeting like wee lassies and looking for reasons to moan FFS.

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2016, 08:07 PM
Not so much rowing with one oar, more like 2 oars but no ****ing boat :greengrin

Scott Brown. To describe Broony as thick as two short planks is an insult to short planks. :greengrin

Famous Fiver
16-04-2016, 08:08 PM
'Hey, Hateley, come anywhere near my box and I'll break your effing back'

Result

Rangers 0 Hibs 1.

Gaun yersel' Budgie!!!

DUX
16-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Young Jason's goals tally has been amazing overall. He is a goal machine. Well done Jason. If that penalty had went in it would have been a goal remembered for decades in the future.

:not worth

O'Rourke3
16-04-2016, 08:10 PM
I was gutted when he had his pen saved vs Hamilton, I was gutted when Harris had his effort saved in the last pen shoot out with DU in the LC last year. Both were well struck and well saved.

How many times have you seen the occasion get to a player and they are so nervous they choke and miss. JC knew as he put the ball on the spot what and how he was going to take his pen. It was badly executed biut only just. Most keepers will dive regardless so a dink is a pretty good choice. He probably won't try that again but I didn't feel it was a poor choice.

It might say something about Jason, almost too "stupid" to be nervous, but it gives him a good attitude. We need his confidence high. Lots of games still to play and every single one of them categorised as critical.

wookie70
16-04-2016, 08:11 PM
What was your immediate reaction when he missed - be honest ?

Disappointed, followed by why didn't he stick the laces through it then the next sentence I said was that their keeper probably saw the pen on Tuesday so JC thought the chip was a good option. Plenty better players than Jason have missed the target from a pen. The idea worked very well it was the execution that let him down. I actually thought he may try it again for the shoot out.

Would you have been happier if he had laced it and it had went past the post or weakly hit it on target and was saved. A missed pen is a missed pen doesn't really matter how it was taken.

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2016, 08:15 PM
I was gutted when he had his pen saved vs Hamilton, I was gutted when Harris had his effort saved in the last pen shoot out with DU in the LC last year. Both were well struck and well saved.

How many times have you seen the occasion get to a player and they are so nervous they choke and miss. JC knew as he put the ball on the spot what and how he was going to take his pen. It was badly executed biut only just. Most keepers will dive regardless so a dink is a pretty good choice. He probably won't try that again but I didn't feel it was a poor choice.

It might say something about Jason, almost too "stupid" to be nervous, but it gives him a good attitude. We need his confidence high. Lots of games still to play and every single one of them categorised as critical.

I think you may have it here. Ignorance is bliss? Perhaps the enormous confidence some footballers/sportspeople have results from not thinking very much, meaning they don't allow themselves to feel nerves. Some don't consider consequences, and hence feel no pressure. It must be nice to be like that: without a care in the world.

Sammy7nil
16-04-2016, 08:15 PM

The other obvious thing no one has said YET again Jason and Stokes did the Sq route of F all. Both were very poor and Jason is one very lucky boy to get out of jail after acting like a complete fool not giving a toss for anyone other than himself. There must be box of frogs in that laddies head

green day
16-04-2016, 08:24 PM
The other obvious thing no one has said YET again Jason and Stokes did the Sq route of F all. Both were very poor and Jason is one very lucky boy to get out of jail after acting like a complete fool not giving a toss for anyone other than himself. There must be box of frogs in that laddies head

Crap - on both counts.

Have a beer for Christ's sake.

DUX
16-04-2016, 08:32 PM

I thought Stokesy worked very hard indeed. Had a cracking shot dipped just too late. DUFC's defence were very good compared to the rest of their team.

Bit harsh no.

lucky
16-04-2016, 08:39 PM
He's a genius, but sadly he's still learning the difference between team player and him JC. Today he played for himself but his team mates bailed him out .

h18eeynick
16-04-2016, 08:42 PM
He's a genius, but sadly he's still learning the difference between team player and him JC. Today he played for himself but his team mates bailed him out .

I think he is due his fellow players an apology for causing them not only the stress but also an extra 30 minutes. If we had been 1 up then we could have changed the game

Pretty Boy
When he missed that penalty I wanted to punch him, it was a shocker. I think his performance from that point on showed what a Jason Cummings lacking confidence looks like.

To then step up and fire home the winner in the shoot out shows guts. Fair play to him, he redeemed himself and we move on.

Sammy7nil
Crap - on both counts.

Have a beer for Christ's sake.

Opinions eh what was yours on their contribution i thought they were poor.

LaMotta
16-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Cummings first penalty was a ***iin disgrace today...but no more of a disgrace than when mixu done the same thing in the last minute of a derby at nil nil in 2001. Still we win today so i forgive him :)

Sammy7nil
16-04-2016, 08:48 PM
I thought Stokesy worked very hard indeed. Had a cracking shot dipped just too late. DUFC's defence were very good compared to the rest of their team.

Bit harsh no.

I don't think so if u are siting one decent shot between them in 120 mins that is poor. We won so lets not dwell on it tonight but they dont work well together. If Stubbs persists and we end up with an unsucsessful season he wont have to look far for the reason why. P. S. I like them both.

DUX
16-04-2016, 09:01 PM
I don't think so if u are siting one decent shot between them in 120 mins that is poor. We won so lets not dwell on it tonight but they dont work well together. If Stubbs persists and we end up with an unsucsessful season he wont have to look far for the reason why. P. S. I like them both.

:aok:

I'm feeling very pleasant tonight, in a very good mood indeed.

Marco G
16-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Cummings first penalty was a ***iin disgrace today...but no more of a disgrace than when mixu done the same thing in the last minute of a derby at nil nil in 2001. Still we win today so i forgive him :) Look at it again, the keeper is on the floor while the ball is over him, just too much loft, if he had blasted it and the keeper saves it there are no complaints? Let's get over it and move on.

SJM
16-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Look at it again, the keeper is on the floor while the ball is over him, just too much loft, if he had blasted it and the keeper saves it there are no complaints? Let's get over it and move on.

Smash it into the roof of the net then? Mental decision. Logan saved him though.

Mr White
16-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Look at it again, the keeper is on the floor while the ball is over him, just too much loft, if he had blasted it and the keeper saves it there are no complaints? Let's get over it and move on.

Spot on. There's many ways to miss a pen but the outcome is the same. He tried something, it didn't work, he bounced back, we won. He sealed it in the end so job done.

Mr White
16-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Smash it into the roof of the net then? Mental decision. Logan saved him though.

Runs the risk of the same outcome- ball sailing over the bar. You'd be ok with him having blasted it over rather than dinking it despite the outcome being the same?

Big L
16-04-2016, 09:15 PM
The only reason some people are taking this lightly is because we got thru! If we had been knocked out everyone to a man would be thinking the same, he is a f---king idiot!! He showed total disrespect to the club, the fans and his team mates and could have cost the club a fortune which would have hit our budget for next season as well as denying us a day out at the final. He's not going to grow up, when this season is sorted we should punt the arse!!

DUX
16-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Spot on. There's many ways to miss a pen but the outcome is the same. He tried something, it didn't work, he bounced back, we won. He sealed it in the end so job done.

If he had scored it, it would have been talked about for years to come, mind you it still might be just because of the arrogance of the young lad.

I know I will never forget it because of the special moment it was whether you think it good or bad.

It could have been a moment of magic. However thankfully as you say it did not cost us in the end. I don't think it will be easily forgotten though.

:greengrin

SJM
16-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Runs the risk of the same outcome- ball sailing over the bar. You'd be ok with him having blasted it over rather than dinking it despite the outcome being the same?

Would have preferred he took it like Squirrels but Ken what? Who cares we are in the final. Another day we score that but Utd take their chances!

matty_f
16-04-2016, 09:18 PM
I love Jason Cummings. If no players took risks or tried things then the game would be very dull.

I hope that confidence stays with him, and I hope he continues to back it up with goals.

Mr White
16-04-2016, 09:19 PM
The only reason some people are taking this lightly is because we got thru! If we had been knocked out everyone to a man would be thinking the same, he is a f---king idiot!! He showed total disrespect to the club, the fans and his team mates and could have cost the club a fortune which would have hit our budget for next season as well as denying us a day out at the final. He's not going to grow up, when this season is sorted we should punt the arse!!

Bollocks. He made a choice at a penalty. An ill-conceived choice as it happens. You're extrapolating a bit too far with the budget fortune stuff there. Deek hit a sweet pen the last time we played utd at hampden. We lost. Nobody knows what a goal in the first half would have done to today's game. As it was we won and jc clinched it.

Penicuik Hibee
16-04-2016, 09:20 PM
I was so angry at Jason's pen today, it was a shocker and the type of thing you do if your winning 3-0. But you have to admire his confidence and that is probably what makes him a match winner. Who else would have been smiling as they go up to take the deciding pen and slot it away so calmly.

easty
16-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Cummings first penalty was a ***iin disgrace today...but no more of a disgrace than when mixu done the same thing in the last minute of a derby at nil nil in 2001. Still we win today so i forgive him :)

That's exactly what I thought about. Mixu was a seasoned pro, and he cost us points and bragging rights. Jason Cummings is our top scorer but a young lad still, and we still went through to the final.

Too many folk hating on a great character at Hibs just now. Looking for any fault they can find and slating him.

Mr White
16-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Would have preferred he took it like Squirrels but Ken what? Who cares we are in the final. Another day we score that but Utd take their chances!

Like 05 after deeks pen.

wookie70
16-04-2016, 09:24 PM
I enjoyed JCs dinked chip finish at Ibrox this year. The two important things when taking a penalty are clarity in what you are going to do and execution. It was only the execution that let JC down. The idea worked

Baader
16-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Fine margins. Wasn't the greatest penalty you'll see but players do miss them. Hardly a disgrace. He had the bottle to step forward. Messi, Suarez and Neymar have missed 9 between them this season.

Sammy7nil
16-04-2016, 09:29 PM

100% as the saying goes no one likes a smartarse and that is exactly what J was trying to be. It is great when it works but J is no Pirlo he needs to stop been a selfish twat imho

SJM
16-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Like 05 after deeks pen.

Exactly so I'm not caring.

Big L
16-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Bollocks. He made a choice at a penalty. An ill-conceived choice as it happens. You're extrapolating a bit too far with the budget fortune stuff there. Deek hit a sweet pen the last time we played utd at hampden. We lost. Nobody knows what a goal in the first half would have done to today's game. As it was we won and jc clinched it.

The only decision he had to make was to get that ball past the keeper, not put himself in the shop window, which was what his stupid decision was all about, he is a first class numpty and if I was Stubbs or one of his team mates he would have got it tight at half time. We are not talking about a 12yr old here but we may as well be. As for the value of reaching the final, what do you think that would be worth to the club?

poolman
16-04-2016, 09:35 PM

Aye, OK then 😴

poolman
16-04-2016, 09:38 PM

Oh dear

Carheenlea
16-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Who else had a gut feeling that he might have went for another "dink" in the shootout in a `this is the last thing the keeper will expect...` scenario ?

Toldo123
16-04-2016, 09:44 PM
100% agree.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
16-04-2016, 09:46 PM
There's so many ways to miss a penalty - he made a total arse of it but so what, I'd rather see players with the imagination & attitude to try something different. Then he stepped up to score the winning pen in the shoot out, yet still people want to abuse him! People were coming to blows near us after the pen miss, arguing over the level of abuse he should get - ridiculous.

Shrekko
16-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Who else had a gut feeling that he might have went for another "dink" in the shootout in a `this is the last thing the keeper will expect...` scenario ?

The Utd keeper by the looks of things.

Big L
16-04-2016, 10:02 PM
There's so many ways to miss a penalty - he made a total arse of it but so what, I'd rather see players with the imagination & attitude to try something different. Then he stepped up to score the winning pen in the shoot out, yet still people want to abuse him! People were coming to blows near us after the pen miss, arguing over the level of abuse he should get - ridiculous.

If he had done this under Turnbull he would never have kicked another ball for the Hibs. The semi of the Scottish it's 0-0 and thot doss decides to smart it up. Any abuse he gits or got he fully deserves IMO.

JimBHibees
16-04-2016, 10:03 PM
The only decision he had to make was to get that ball past the keeper, not put himself in the shop window, which was what his stupid decision was all about, he is a first class numpty and if I was Stubbs or one of his team mates he would have got it tight at half time. We are not talking about a 12yr old here but we may as well be. As for the value of reaching the final, what do you think that would be worth to the club?

Laughable

RyeSloan
16-04-2016, 10:05 PM
The Utd keeper by the looks of things.

That's was my thoughts as well....you gotta love that Jase's fracking madness at the first pen might actually have ultimately been the thing that made the keeper stand still and let the winning strike zip right past him! :-)

Was raging at Cummings for what he did at the time. But sometimes these types of characters somehow quite often still coming out on the right side at the end so sometimes you just have to shake your head and go with it!!

Sammy7nil
16-04-2016, 10:07 PM
100% as the saying goes no one likes a smartarse and that is exactly what J was trying to be. It is great when it works but J is no Pirlo he needs to stop been a selfish twat imho

100% agree.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Laughable

Why? Jason was defo thinking me me me when he decided to dink the Pen nothing will convince me otherwise. If we had lost about 90% of those currently saying so what get over it would going ballistic.

GreenLake
16-04-2016, 10:10 PM
I don't know whether to punch him or kiss him. Probably Stubbs and his team mates dont know either. A wreckless creative spark ready to charm or f***up at any moment.

DUX
16-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Why? Jason was defo thinking me me me when he decided to dink the Pen nothing will convince me otherwise. If we had lost about 90% of those currently saying so what get over it would going ballistic.

Relax man!

Feeling goooooooooooooooood tonight!

Raise a glass to Conrad!

Cheers Conrad!

:aok:

silverhibee
16-04-2016, 10:14 PM

:agree:

Enjoy his goals and madness while we still have him. :thumbsup:

Nakedmanoncrack
16-04-2016, 10:17 PM
If he had done this under Turnbull he would never have kicked another ball for the Hibs. The semi of the Scottish it's 0-0 and thot doss decides to smart it up. Any abuse he gits or got he fully deserves IMO.

Aye Ok, and presumably Mixu deserves to be forever castigated for trying (and failing) same in last minute of a derby.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-04-2016, 10:21 PM

I felt that Jason's head was turned during the January transfer window. He went from making good decisions to selfish ones, trying to take on one defender too many and shooting from ridiculous angles.

Today was about making personal headlines but it backfired. Needs to realise he has to be a more rounded player to get his move...

trev the hat
16-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Terrible decision to dink it. Big gonads to tuck the 2nd away (equally so for McGinn Hanlon & Boyle)
He could have saved at least 10 of his teammates an extra half hour of potentially unneeded graft when they need all the rest time available.
Respect your teammates JC

monktonharp
16-04-2016, 10:30 PM
I think it's obvious from listening to him any time that he's interviewed that he's probably not the sharpest tool in the box but there's many football players who are like that.

He still has an awful lot of growing up to do and an awful lot to learn about the game and I think today proves that he would be well advised to stay at Hibs for at least another two or three years.Sorry to maybe upset the applecart here but I totally disagree with your comment. He does not seem to realise that he plays football, for Hibernian fc, and they pay him good money. Hibernian, are much bigger than Jason Cummings and the fans of that club expect him to act in a professional manner at all times on the football pitch. he just disnae seem to get that. he has been acting like a spoilt brat at times, diving and claiming fouls which were 50/50s and even trying to get penalties out of nothing. that's not the kind of player I want to see at the holy ground. nae class. punt him if an offer comes.

paddy1875
16-04-2016, 10:31 PM
After such a terrible couple months for the club, as soon as the ball sailed over the bar. I thought the game was over I must admit.

I admire his confidence to try that, but it was disrespectful in my eyes, not only to us supporters who have been put through a stinking couple months, but also to try be a smart arse to Dundee Utd.

If I hadn't had the Wee man with me today I think my head would have exploded.

He's done great this season with a great return for us. But if we hadn't won today the whole club would be a mess going into the playoffs.

It's ifs and buts guys and I know I sound negative, I'm grateful were in another final and he done well slotting the last pen away but I can't handle this anymore....I'm only 27

IberianHibernian
16-04-2016, 10:55 PM
Sorry to maybe upset the applecart here but I totally disagree with your comment. He does not seem to realise that he plays football, for Hibernian fc, and they pay him good money. Hibernian, are much bigger than Jason Cummings and the fans of that club expect him to act in a professional manner at all times on the football pitch. he just disnae seem to get that. he has been acting like a spoilt brat at times, diving and claiming fouls which were 50/50s and even trying to get penalties out of nothing. that's not the kind of player I want to see at the holy ground. nae class. punt him if an offer comes.Agree with this entirely . All the talk now is about his 2 penalties this afternoon but just as important is what else he did which wasn`t much ( I remember him missing at least 2 half chances early on and a shot at goalie in extra time but little else ) . Stokes certainly looked more likely to score than Cummings . Noone knows how this crazy season will finish or which players will be with us next season but if we`re going to do anything important we certainly need JC to show he is as good as he`s been hyped up to be .

johncrobertson@
16-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Agree with this entirely . All the talk now is about his 2 penalties this afternoon but just as important is what else he did which wasn`t much ( I remember him missing at least 2 half chances early on and a shot at goalie in extra time but little else ) . Stokes certainly looked more likely to score than Cummings . Noone knows how this crazy season will finish or which players will be with us next season but if we`re going to do anything important we certainly need JC to show he is as good as he`s been hyped up to be .

Jason is arrogant and cocky which is fine if you can back it up, at present he can't. His miss at Raith and the penalty today show this. He thinks he is bigger than the team! His whole attitude stinks and he is only interested in JC. To think he has delayed signing a new contract says it all, he thinks he is bigger than the club. He has got lots to learn, and if he does not get his attitude right he will blow his career. If we had not won this game, his arrogant penalty would have been never forgotten.

Big L
16-04-2016, 11:55 PM
I know this much, he wouldn't have tried that **** if big Mixu or Yogi was waiting for him at half time, which only goes to prove that he'not scared of Stubb's wrath.

O'Rourke3
17-04-2016, 12:07 AM
Jason is arrogant and cocky which is fine if you can back it up, at present he can't. His miss at Raith and the penalty today show this. He thinks he is bigger than the team! His whole attitude stinks and he is only interested in JC. To think he has delayed signing a new contract says it all, he thinks he is bigger than the club. He has got lots to learn, and if he does not get his attitude right he will blow his career. If we had not won this game, his arrogant penalty would have been never forgotten.

Eh? My goodness some bollix gets spouted at times. Strikers want to score goals. End-of. There's not one out there thinking , I'll just do a Cantona, it'll make good viewing on my showreel that my agent is taking to Barca next week. Every striker has missed what every fan in the stadium considered a sitter. Few penalty takers on the planet have a 100% record from the spot. He thinks he's bigger than the team does he? I'd like to see the evidence.

mjhibby
17-04-2016, 03:32 AM

Give him the service and he will score. Gray and Stevensons final ball needs to be much better. We also need the likes of mcginn and henderson pushing on hence tiredness is affecting the number of good chances. Jasons confidence doesn't seem to be affected at all and I'd be brave and after the Rangers game would put him on the bench for the next two games to recharge the batteries.

marinello59
17-04-2016, 05:30 AM
He made a very public mistake but still had the nerve to step up during the shoot out. A daft daft laddy but when we spend so much time moaning about the lack of characters in the game I'm really glad we have him.

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2016, 05:49 AM
I know this much, he wouldn't have tried that **** if big Mixu or Yogi was waiting for him at half time, which only goes to prove that he'not scared of Stubb's wrath.

What would Mixu say?
" Hard lines Jason,I tried the same thing in the last minute against Hearts and missed"

bingo70
17-04-2016, 05:58 AM

Not sure that's a criticism of Stubbs tbh. I think it's good the players feel free to express themselves on the pitch without fear of retribution from the manager. It's just a shame Cummings didn't have the savy to know the time and place to do what he did.

Looking at mixu's barney with Col Donaldson yesterday, I know what type of manager I'd prefer.

AFKA5814_Hibs
17-04-2016, 06:18 AM
It was an awful decision by Cummings at the first half penalty. Of course the best players in the planet miss penalties, but Cummings ain't Messi, he was trying to be a smart arse and ****** it up royally. However, I said at half time he had the chance to reedem himself and done so by putting away the winning penalty so fair play to him for doing that but nothing will make me change my mind that his dink penalty was an horrendous decision to make.

Ozyhibby
17-04-2016, 06:43 AM
It was a poorly executed penalty but no point dwelling on it. He's a quality striker who is improving all the time. Give me Cummings any day over the likes of James Collins or Rowan Vine.
We got through, that's all I care about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2016, 08:01 AM
It's either hero or zero with that attempt.

What is the time and place for it out of interest? World Cup final? Injury time in a SC semi final replay?

sauzeelegod
17-04-2016, 08:05 AM
I love Jason Cummings. If no players took risks or tried things then the game would be very dull.

I hope that confidence stays with him, and I hope he continues to back it up with goals.

This

17-04-2016, 08:22 AM
yesterday was a classic example of how his over cockiness can be a bad thing AND a good thing. What possessed him to take the penalty like that, I dont know. I assume being the character that he is, being on the big stage on TV, taking a pen at a crucial time he wanted to show off and be clever. Judging by what Stubbs said after, he certainly wont be pulling a stunt like that again! However, being the cocky guy that he is meant he still had the confidence to step up in the penalty shoot out.

He's a daft laddie that just oozes confidence which is a good thing but theres a time and a place for showing off and showboating and it certainly isn't in a SC semi when it's 0-0. Fair enough maybe if we were cruising at 3 or 4 nil but not at 0-0. The addrenaline was clearly pumping and it all went to his head. He just needs to cool it sometimes, screw the head and not get carried away. I think Stubbs and his team have a job on their hands keeping him grounded as he's the sort that will get carried away with hype around him.

So glad he got a chance to redeem himself in the end and his miss didn't come back to haunt us.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2016, 08:31 AM

You make good points Sammy in my opinion, although again i'd say Stokes was better and why he took him off rather than Cummings baffled me.

I watch our midfielders run out of steam most weeks, and one of the reasons that causes this is the amount of chasing they do after the forwards lose the ball way too cheaply.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 08:31 AM
I get the feeling that if you spent time in his company he'd be 'too much': the ego would be overbearing and you'd try to shake him off :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2016, 08:34 AM

Agree with this completely. The game is boring enough at times and would be even worse without characters like Cummings.
I could have strangled him yesterday mind!!

Just Alf
17-04-2016, 08:36 AM
His interview......

http://youtu.be/E2OyaUOAvgg

Asked what would have happened if he'd missed in the shoot out.......
"Probably have my head on a spike in Easter Road somewhere"
:faf:

HH81
17-04-2016, 08:38 AM
It's either hero or zero with that attempt.

What is the time and place for it out of interest? World Cup final? Injury time in a SC semi final replay?
3 goals up in the final and the last minute?

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2016, 08:39 AM
3 goals up in the final and the last minute?

That would be classed as ripping the piss and unsportsmanlike.

I'd imagine it'd be classed as "not Hibs class" by some as well.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 08:42 AM

If imagine it'd be classed not Hibs class by some as well.

Barcelona did exactly that a few weeks back when 4-0 up, but I thought it was a bit cringey. Not for me.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2016, 08:43 AM
His interview......

You cant help but like him and laugh at his interviews. :greengrin

Allant1981
17-04-2016, 08:45 AM
After hearing his interview it seems like it was all about him, i actually thought he was terrible yesterday and would have had him off but its worked out now so hopefully he gets a rolicking and gets the head down

HH81
17-04-2016, 08:48 AM

I'd imagine it'd be classed as "not Hibs class" by some as well.

A minute after no one would care too much!

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 08:51 AM
His interview......

I telt ye, he's no right :greengrin

hibsbollah
17-04-2016, 08:58 AM
Going against the grain here but nothing in that interview says he's stupid or has 'something missing'. Nice use of the word 'redemption'. A change from the formulaic responses you normally get in post match interviews.

Betty Boop
17-04-2016, 08:59 AM
I telt ye, he's no right :greengrin

Definitely a sandwich short of a picnic. :agree:

JimBHibees
17-04-2016, 09:02 AM
What would Mixu say?
" Hard lines Jason,I tried the same thing in the last minute against Hearts and missed"

Exactly what I was thinking about yesterday. Just as bad an attempt given the context.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Going against the grain here but nothing in that interview says he's stupid or has 'something missing'. Nice use of the word 'redemption'. A change from the formulaic responses you normally get in post match interviews.

Actually, that's a good shout. A lot of footballers would never have used that word in their life. :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
17-04-2016, 09:12 AM
If he had scored it, it would have been talked about for years to come, mind you it still might be just because of the arrogance of the young lad.

I know I will never forget it because of the special moment it was whether you think it good or bad.

It could have been a moment of magic. However thankfully as you say it did not cost us in the end. I don't think it will be easily forgotten though.

:greengrin
i actually think it did cost us, not only extra time but also penalties, our players were running on empty and some of them have been nackered for the past few weeks, we dont need extra time when there was no need for it and the run in we now have, the guys a f,n idiot and needs tae grow the f,k up. Add to that what the fans have been going through this season.
On saying that, he still has tae learn quite a bit and should stay with us for a couple more years.

Sammy7nil
17-04-2016, 09:17 AM

I agree not stupid at all just selfish and with a cockiness way above his current skills or talent.

hibsbollah
17-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Actually, that's a good shout. A lot of footballers would never have used that word in their life. :greengrin

...I understand in the next few days he'll be announcing a series of public lectures on contemporary metaphysics and implications for societal constructs of reality at Edinburgh University :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 09:26 AM
...I understand in the next few days he'll be announcing a series of public lectures on contemporary metaphysics and implications for societal constructs of reality at Edinburgh University :agree:

He probably has the self-confidence to believe he could pull that off :greengrin

RoYO!
17-04-2016, 09:27 AM

Pat Nevin disagrees with you. Praised his high work rate and energy. Fwiw Tam Cowan was also praising him for having the audacity/ character to try it and said the game needs more of that

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2016, 09:28 AM
He probably has the self-confidence to believe he could pull that off :greengrin

And after he'd show the students who don't own a tin opener how to open a tin of beans without one.

HibernianJK
17-04-2016, 10:17 AM
David van Zanten ‏@VanzyD 8h8 hours ago (https://twitter.com/VanzyD/status/721305743945768960) If one of my team mates did that in a semi final and we didn't go through I'd rip his head off

Where did he get the bottle from ?

Is he wrong?

easty
17-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Pat Nevin disagrees with you. Praised his high work rate and energy. Fwiw Tam Cowan was also praising him for having the audacity/ character to try it and said the game needs more of that

Exactly, goals, character and confidence are exactly the things we should be looking for from a striker of any age, never mind a 20 year old.

easty
17-04-2016, 10:24 AM

That'll be in my department then...I'll keep an eye out for him.

silverhibee
17-04-2016, 10:33 AM
Agree with this entirely . All the talk now is about his 2 penalties this afternoon but just as important is what else he did which wasn`t much ( I remember him missing at least 2 half chances early on and a shot at goalie in extra time but little else ) . Stokes certainly looked more likely to score than Cummings . Noone knows how this crazy season will finish or which players will be with us next season but if we`re going to do anything important we certainly need JC to show he is as good as he`s been hyped up to be .

Why didn't he then.

silverhibee
17-04-2016, 10:36 AM

Deary me, he tried something, it never came of for him, he got us in to the final with the last penalty.

Are you saying Stubbs is a soft touch.

s.a.m
17-04-2016, 10:49 AM

I think it was a daft and not very mature choice. However, he's missed more conventional ones. If I had been taking it I'd have picked something safer to get on target, but probably more likely to be saved, because I know that I'd get an easier ride from everyone if it doesn't go in. Which is at least as selfish and image / reputation conscious as what Cummings is being accused of. He tried something different, probably mindful that the DU goalie will have watched the ones he's taken recently, and it didn't work. We're through, he's been telt, and we move on.

Dan Sarf
17-04-2016, 10:57 AM
All his brains are in his hair.

Keith_M
17-04-2016, 11:20 AM
It was a silly thing to do that could have had disastrous consequences. He has a lot to be thankful to Logan for, as he kept us in the match long enough for Cummings' miss not to matter. So, the criticism is fair enough, IMO.

However, there's a big difference between criticisizing a player for a stupid mistake and claiming he's useless, which is frankly ridiculus, given his goal scoring record at such a young age.

hibsbollah
17-04-2016, 11:27 AM
It was a silly thing to do that could have had disastrous consequences. He has a lot to be thankful to Logan for, as he kept us in the match long enough for Cummings' miss not to matter. So, the criticism is fair enough, IMO.

However, there's a big difference between criticisizing a player for a stupid mistake and claiming he's useless, which is frankly ridiculus, given his goal scoring record at such a young age.

Almost broke Bakers record for goals in consecutive games earlier in the season. THIS season. No bad for 'useless'.

Tyler Durden
17-04-2016, 11:40 AM

You're right. What we'd give for a strong old school gaffer to get a grip of these players, Terry Butcher maybe?

Mixu has lost the plot again, look how the boy Donaldson reacted to him yesterday. His players clearly have little respect for him

Big L
17-04-2016, 11:47 AM
Deary me, he tried something, it never came of for him, he got us in to the final with the last penalty.

To answer your question, YES!!! Cummings certainly showed little respect for Stubbs, his team mates and the club when he decided to do what he did. Rankin in the paper this morning saying the Hibs and Uniteds players gave him total abuse and by the way, their were 4 penalty takers and in my opinion big Logan contributed more than anyone.

Itsnoteasy
17-04-2016, 05:35 PM

I think the problem with Stubbs is he wants to be pals with the players. That never works

Bostonhibby
17-04-2016, 05:45 PM

:top marks

Jason Cummings - the hammer of the hearts - that wee bit of madness/bravado probably meant he didn't think twice about taking and scoring one in the shoot out.

Pete
17-04-2016, 05:48 PM
No Pirlo no party.

Newry Hibs
17-04-2016, 05:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iad3gV-9C1U

Now that I've calmed down about his first penalty - and the fact we won through - it reminded me of a song written for a Leicester player (Kermorgant) after he did a Cummings in a play off match.

Just glad a similar song isn't needed.
Note - the Kermorgant song slates him as a player as well. I don't agree with this and Cummings.

green day
17-04-2016, 05:54 PM
To answer your question, YES!!! Cummings certainly showed little respect for Stubbs, his team mates and the club when he decided to do what he did. Rankin in the paper this morning saying the Hibs and Uniteds players gave him total abuse and by the way, their were 4 penalty takers and in my opinion big Logan contributed more than anyone.

Ken what?

I dont give a flying one what Rankin says in the papers as all the media appear to be delighted to see Hibs fail - so I dont read them.

Cummings tried something, it didnt come off, I THINK WE ALL KNOW THAT.

If he played it safe he wouldnt have scored the 23 goals this season.

Name me anyone else in the team who might have scored the header against the charity thieves? Dagnall maybe ? :greengrin

We were 2-0 down and looking gubbed when he scored that one - were you on here saying what a hero he was after??

Or were you unhappy, I wonder?

I am confused.

hibs0666
17-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Cummings - more bottle than brains.

SunshineOnLeith
17-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Cummings - more bottle than brains.

Wouldn't have him any other way.

ancient hibee
17-04-2016, 06:09 PM

Stubbs didn't even see it-he was in the lavatory.

Rankin has a vivid imagination-forgot he was playing-like many of his games at Hibs.

Libby Hibby
17-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Haha - more bottle than brains

poolman
17-04-2016, 06:53 PM

Why give a monkeys what Rankin thinks

He's a confident young guy who's a real asset to the team who likes maybe doing something different now and again

Leave him alone FFS

poolman
17-04-2016, 06:57 PM

Don't know where to begin with that nonsense

Blow his career, WTF

Big L
17-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Ken what?

I dont give a flying one what Rankin says in the papers as all the media appear to be delighted to see Hibs fail - so I dont read them.

Cummings tried something, it didnt come off, I THINK WE ALL KNOW THAT.

If he played it safe he wouldnt have scored the 23 goals this season.

Name me anyone else in the team who might have scored the header against the charity thieves? Dagnall maybe ? :greengrin

We were 2-0 down and looking gubbed when he scored that one - were you on here saying what a hero he was after??

Or were you unhappy, I wonder?

I am confused.
Doesn't take to much to confuse you, does it? Their would be no confusion if we had got beat yesterday, you and everyone else on here would be screaming for his head. IMO that would have cost around £750,000. People say he's a silly laddie who oozes confidence, naw! He's a silly laddie who oozes stupidity and he really needs to grow up!

green day
17-04-2016, 08:08 PM
if we had got beat yesterday, you and everyone else on here would be screaming for his head.

No I wouldn't. Perhaps you have anger issues, but I don't.

Let it go man

Big L
17-04-2016, 08:11 PM
I definitely had anger issues yesterday when I watched that idiot put it over the bar and I wasn't alone!

17-04-2016, 08:16 PM
he's a cocky lad whos seen that type of penalty done by great players like Zidane, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovihic, Neymar etc. and thought heres my chance to show off and show I can do it to. Sadly he was too naive/selfish to see that at 0-0 it was not the time for showing off, it was the time to stick to what you know and get a goal for the team. A lot of growing up to do and his comments in the paper saying "ill do it again in the final" just shows a bit of immaturity and disrespect towards Stubbs in my opinion as Stubbs has clearly told him not to attempt a stunt like that again.

I like Jason and I think football needs more characters like him who are up for a laugh etc. but he just needs to watch that he doesn't become to big for his boots.

Waxy
17-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Last time we played utd in a semi we scored first with a pen and lost 2-1.Just saying.

Hibby 2005
17-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Naive with the first penalty but balls of steel with the second!