PDA

View Full Version : Returning from Hampden happy

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2016, 06:50 PM
It's a strange feeling; one we aren't used to. I wasn't sure how to react on the way home: what do you do, when the journey hasn't been ruined? :greengrin

Today was the complete opposite of the League Cup final. That day we should have won but blew it; today we should have been beaten but sneaked it. Big Logan from unheard of to saviour! We stopped playing after around half an hour and were second best thereafter.

I'm hoping The Rangers can somehow beat Celtic tomorrow, as we'd have a much better chance in the final. Who knows, it's never predictable with Hibs:flag:

SlickShoes
16-04-2016, 06:58 PM
I wasn't happy for 120 minutes and didn't think we played well at all, however we got to the final, we won the game and it was a game at hampden so I made sure to savor it at full time.

I don't think we should have been beaten, cummings penalty changed the game for me, we were the best team until that point and the crowd where I was went from rampant positivity to crushing depression. It must have had an effect on the players too. Dundee UTD were pretty bad and when it went to penalties their players never looking like winning.

We still need some vast improvments infront of goal I just hope that a win like this car spur us on and give the players some confidence, it means a lot to us and you can see it means a lot to most of them too.

Toldo123
18-04-2016, 09:08 PM
We been quite good at semi finals over the last few years at hampden :-(

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
18-04-2016, 09:28 PM
We've been come away from Hampden quite happy after a few semi finals over the years.

It's the journey home after the final that we need to rectify.

greenginger
18-04-2016, 09:38 PM
My mates and I were trying to count the number of Hampden trips for Semi's and finals we've made to see Hibs over the years.

We tried counting from 1970 but lost track.

Any anoraks out there got the answer ?

TomTheHibbyBev
19-04-2016, 01:02 AM
Looks like 30 times but some could have been darkheid.

JOD
19-04-2016, 01:36 AM
It's a strange feeling; one we aren't used to. I wasn't sure how to react on the way home: what do you do, when the journey hasn't been ruined? :greengrin

Today was the complete opposite of the League Cup final. That day we should have won but blew it; today we should have been beaten but sneaked it. Big Logan from unheard of to saviour! We stopped playing after around half an hour and were second best thereafter.

I'm hoping The Rangers can somehow beat Celtic tomorrow, as we'd have a much better chance in the final. Who knows, it's never predictable with Hibs:flag:

Spot on Sir

oneone73
19-04-2016, 08:23 AM
Looks like 30 times but some could have been darkheid.

And one Ibrox - replay in the 90s

Dublin07
19-04-2016, 11:51 AM
And one Ibrox - replay in the 90s

The semi and replay were at Ibrox against Celtic. Leighton saved a penalty in first game and we drew 0-0 lost replay can't mind the score though it was on my birthday and I was extremely pissed off.

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Funnily enough, our bus was probably more bouncing after the LC final defeat than it was on Saturday. Dunno if thats cos we were pondering a final against the old firm. It was still a good journey tho, and Conrad Logan made his way into most songs.

JimBHibees
19-04-2016, 11:57 AM
The semi and replay were at Ibrox against Celtic. Leighton saved a penalty in first game and we drew 0-0 lost replay can't mind the score though it was on my birthday and I was extremely pissed off.

Can also remember a couple of Scottish semis against Aberdeen. One at Tynecastle and one at Dens.

tanfield
19-04-2016, 12:01 PM

Lost 3-1 and if iirc Collins scored for them

GreenLake
19-04-2016, 02:16 PM
I remember Scotland games where I left happy like this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukc_wS8ZavY) and this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9XtXnafCwU). The best Hibs memory was returning from this final (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jThEccKEYa8).

Toldo123
19-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Can also remember a couple of Scottish semis against Aberdeen. One at Tynecastle and one at Dens.

The game at dens we lost 3-0. I remember it because it was my first hibs game. we were 2-0 down after only 10min both goals from corners if I remember.

Think it was the year Aberdeen beat the yams in the final after they blew the league.

Attendance 19165

Just shows you , Aberdeen were a great side at that time and the crowd was the same as our match at the weekend.