PDA

View Full Version : Difficult decision for Stubbs

h18eeynick
16-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Logan was superb from first minute when mentioned to my mate that he was comanding his box. Plays an absolute stormer and wins us a place in cup final. Oxley has the fans on his back but is Stubbs first choice every week . Does he drop Oxley ? I think he should as he has pissed me off so much with time wasting and Logan deserves a chance to see not just a big game charlie. Said early in game also that Bartley is brilliant as he just gets his body in front and does simple things

Waxy
16-04-2016, 06:40 PM
No difficult decision. Logan has taken the goalie spot. Oxley will have to wait his turn.

B.H.F.C
16-04-2016, 06:41 PM
It's a pretty easy decision for me. Logan won us the game today and should stay in the team.

Pete
16-04-2016, 06:42 PM
I'll bet anyone a million pounds that Oxley is back in goals against Rangers and Stubbs will say something like "he's my number one".

Hi Heid Yin
16-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Logan has the shirt and his performance was deserving of keeping it for the next game. It was the kind of performance that practically makes him "undroppable".
Alan Stubbs indeed has a choice to make, but I really don't think it is a difficult choice. Oxley needs to be rested. He is stale and needs to recharge his batteries. I'm sure we will need him at some point during this crucial run of games.

Sammy7nil
16-04-2016, 06:49 PM
I'll bet anyone a million pounds that Oxley is back in goals against Rangers and Stubbs will say something like "he's my number one".

I think Mr Stubbs would take your bet :greengrin:wink:

hibsitis
16-04-2016, 06:50 PM
I'll take that bet.

Pete
16-04-2016, 06:52 PM
I'll take that bet.

I meant, erm, a million imaginary pounds. :greengrin

hibee_girl
16-04-2016, 06:52 PM

I can see that happening

Franck Stanton
16-04-2016, 06:56 PM
On the performance he gave today, Conrad def deserves to retain his place, Oxley has been here for, 2years , and has NEVER put in nowhere near as good a performance.
Now I am a big fan of Stubbs, however, if he drops Conrad for Tuesdays game then he will certainly drop considerably in my esteem for him.

Sammy7nil
16-04-2016, 06:59 PM
On the performance he gave today, Conrad def deserves to retain his place, Oxley has been here for, 2years , and has NEVER put in nowhere near as good a performance.
Now I am a big fan of Stubbs, however, if he drops Conrad for Tuesdays game then he will certainly drop considerably in my esteem for him.

Conrad made more save today than Oxley has in ten games by rights the jersey is now Conrads to lose. Oxley should wait his turn.

givescotlandfreedom
16-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Logan's got to stay in the guy played a blinder. The alternative is a poor keeper who's also very low on confidence

Jim44
16-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Absolute no brainer for Stubbs. If he goes back to Oxley and we get beaten, he'll be crucified. If he plays Logan and we get beaten, he'll be forgiven.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Oxley out. Simple decision. Logan has the jersey after today.

Golden Bear
16-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Absolute no brainer for Stubbs. If he goes back to Oxley and we get beaten, he'll be crucified. If he plays Logan and we get beaten, he'll be forgiven.

Safe hands Logan - always said that!!

Lee Marvin
16-04-2016, 07:18 PM
It's easiest decision stubbs has had in management, yet Im not 100% what he will actually do.

Hibhibhooray
16-04-2016, 07:27 PM
It's a pretty easy decision for me. Logan won us the game today and should stay in the team.

yep, he stays in for me!

pedroorange1875
16-04-2016, 07:44 PM
No danger the Goalkeeper shirt will now fit Oxley - Easiest decision ever Logan stays in...Way beyond doubt IMO we would have been out if Oxley was in today there were at least 2 saves Oxley would never have made

truehibernian
16-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Not a difficult decision for me - Logan stays for Wednesday and gives competition for Oxley which is what is required.

O'Rourke3
16-04-2016, 07:48 PM
It's actually easy to decide to keep him in the team. He clearly rates MO but every other position in the team has been changed. It might be the least obvious answer to "I'm not sure what we change to turn it around..."

Bad Martini
16-04-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm not one of the Oxley haters and think he's been scapegoated more than is fair, particularly when our forwards have been pish too at times.

This said, there's no way in hell Conrad should be dropped
He's earned another game and go from there. Fair is fair and keeping Oxley on his toes is healthy...

Famous Fiver
16-04-2016, 08:02 PM
When he appeared he looked like your Sunday Pub League goalkeeper and had everyone round me chortling.

After 30 minutes I was asking which pub we got him in because if he has 10 mates of the same standard get them signed.

Petrie, get it sorted!!!

KWJ
16-04-2016, 08:16 PM

Has any goalie at any team? He was sensational and should be praised, not a reason to knock Oxley.

I don't mind Ox, would always like better but I've seen far worse in a Hibs shirt. Conlad has to start on Tuesday.

Crammond Hibee
16-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Has any goalie at any team? He was sensational and should be praised, not a reason to knock Oxley.

I don't mind Ox, would always like better but I've seen far worse in a Hibs shirt. Conlad has to start on Tuesday.

Conrad for me.

Onion
16-04-2016, 08:35 PM
Logan made as many saves in one game as Oxley has made in the last 6 or 7, and made a telling contribution to an important win. Also think he's got a positive aura about him which the players are likely to feed off. Conrad for me.

wookie70
16-04-2016, 08:46 PM
We have had one clean sheet in 12 games. That clean sheet came in a game which lasted 120 mins and where we conceded more shots on target(7) than in the last 3 games. The opposition scored 4 goals with 6 SOT in the last 3 games before today. The safe, and right decision imo, is to leave Logan in. I think that is what Stubbs will do. Ox lost the spot through bookings so he shoulders the responsibility of losing his place. Logan has grabbed his chance and deserved to keep the jersey until he loses form or is suspended.

hibsdaft
16-04-2016, 08:48 PM
normally Hibs managers have to decide whether to change keeper after a howler has been made.

Stubbs has been gifted the opportunity to change his keeper, who has been looking ropey for a while, without having to undermine Oxley and knock his confiedence.

he should grab it with both hands.

SJM
16-04-2016, 09:04 PM
It would be massively massively unfair to drop the guy who may have saved his job.

Penicuik Hibee
16-04-2016, 09:13 PM
Oxley seems a good guy and I feel for him. But I can't remember him winning us any points this season.
Conrad looks unfit and no idea if he can be that good again. But in the last 3 games, ox has conceded 4 goals v 6 shots on target. Today our goalie made 4 goal saving contributions during the game and 2 pen saves. Surely he deserves another chance