PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie

Unseen work
16-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Feel like he adds a massive bit of quality to this hibs team.

Always looking for the ball and gets it moving quick. Isn't afraid to play a forward pass into an area for the strikers too

Ran the show against falkirk.

Keep doing this to the end of the season and it will help us drastically for promotion.

DirtyDeeds
16-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Big Fyvie fan but he was abysmal today. Physically gets about the park well and never hides, but distribution and ball retention was so bad today. I think hes still hugely under appreciated by the majority of Hibs fans though overall.

MickeyEdwards
16-04-2016, 06:11 PM

Always looking for the ball and gets it moving quick. Isn't afraid to play a forward pass into an area for the strikers too

Keep doing this to the end of the season and it will help us drastically for promotion.

Fyvie's absence for the past 8 or 10 weeks has been one of the main reasons why our overall form has dipped IMO!

truehibernian
16-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Needs to sharpen up his passing, three times he lost possession a la Ibrox - agree, quality player but needs to concentrate more on his passing in the defensive half.

Irish_Steve
16-04-2016, 06:12 PM
I`ve seen milk turn quicker.

BS44
16-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Big Fyvie fan but he was abysmal today. Physically gets about the park well and never hides, but distribution and ball retention was so bad today. I think hes still hugely under appreciated by the majority of Hibs fans though overall.

He wasn't abysmal but his short passing today was at points frustrating

Halifaxhibby
16-04-2016, 06:15 PM

Yeah have to agree. Not his best game today. Worked hard but too many stray passes. Thought the whole midfield(apart from big marv) were below par today.

GGTTH

Scooter
16-04-2016, 06:17 PM
I thought he was excellent today. Yeah a few missed placed passes but overall I thought he was great

Unseen work
16-04-2016, 06:18 PM
I would bet the majority of players give it away more than Fyvie.

Hi Heid Yin

:agree: I couldn't agree more. We have missed him big time these past 2 months and his absence was not merely coincidental to our abysmal form during that time.

GreenArmy1875
The whole team apart from Bartley and Logan were pretty rank. We went through because of these 2 guys bailing us out. Overall we looked slow and predictable in our play and not at it today.
We got through though and that's all that matters but we were terrible today

hibsbollah
16-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Not his best game today at all. Only Marvin played well from our midfield. on an unrelated matter, Fyvie also seems to be morphing into Nick Rhodes out of Duran Duran circa 1981 with every passing day.

truehibernian
16-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Not his best game today at all. Only Marvin played well from our midfield. on an unrelated matter, Fyvie also seems to be morphing into Nick Rhodes out of Duran Duran circa 1981 with every passing day.

I'd say more Thompson Twins bollah

hibbymick
16-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Was it just me or did anyone else think the pitch was slowing the ball down. I felt a lot of passes were falling short of their intended target.

hibsbollah
16-04-2016, 06:34 PM
I'd say more Thompson Twins bollah

No way! 'This is planet earth, awww, you're looking at planet earth Ababa Baba ba baba...'

I've been drinking.

Tom Hart RIP
16-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Fraser is a very good young player and signing him was a fantastic piece of business. He's still a youngster and will improve with experience I expect him to get Scotland call up in next couple of years

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Best player on the park for an hour.

'mon the beers
16-04-2016, 07:07 PM
He had a decent shot first half but a pretty poor game overall. Big Marv was the only stand out in midfield today. A lot of the game passed Fyvie by, he under hit a ball over the top by about 10 yards which summed his game up IMO

bingo70
16-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Can't make up my mind about Fyvie, I think we really missed him when he was out and at times I think he looks a class apart......... Then there's the flip side to that, at times he is really careless with the ball and seems really lazy.

I think he's still pretty young and Its easy to forget that, his career could go either way IMO.

Sergey
16-04-2016, 07:18 PM
On the walk-out to the pitch, Fyvie gobbed 'a decent mouthful' into the tunnel area.

Why?

greenpaper55
16-04-2016, 07:20 PM
He was always available to take a pass but nine out of ten times he gave it away, needs to sharpen up.

Eyrie
16-04-2016, 07:22 PM
I'm another that thought he played well, although there were a couple of misplaced passes that on another day would have cost us.

belhavenbill
16-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Played 3 games in a week after a long lay off so think he was running on empty by the end. Would probably have been taken off if that nonsense with El Alagui hadn't happened. I like Fyvie but it wasn't his greatest game.

lucky
16-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Best player on the park for an hour.

Spot on. The boys a player but like the rest of thr team he can't do 90 minutes but he's a cracking player

O'Rourke3
16-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Was it just me or did anyone else think the pitch was slowing the ball down. I felt a lot of passes were falling short of their intended target.

Yip. I think it influenced a couple of moves.

Famous Fiver
16-04-2016, 07:39 PM
He is just back from a pretty horrible injury. Two games in four days, the second a stamina sapping 120 minutes on a newly relaid pitch against a team which flooded the midfield and there are some on here picking fault with him.

He is in my team every day of the week.

Bronson
16-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Gives the ball away far too often for my liking, not a huge fan.

SJM
16-04-2016, 07:46 PM
He's one of our best players. Done as well as he could.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2016, 07:48 PM
He is just back from a pretty horrible injury. Two games in four days, the second a stamina sapping 120 minutes on a newly relaid pitch against a team which flooded the midfield and there are some on here picking fault with him.

He was out for 2 months, of which he wasn't allowed to run for 6 weeks or so. He's now played 3 games in a week on his comeback, it was understandable that he would tire, but it's good to get an important player back in the team

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Gives the ball away far too often for my liking, not a huge fan.Would you prefer someone totally invisible? McGinn perhaps?

BSEJVT
16-04-2016, 08:11 PM
I don't think the midfield were as bad as people are making out.

I do think though that they are all running on empty, except big Marvin who is a machine.

When you get tired your touch and weight of pass goes.

I saw them get into some pretty good positions and then over run or miss control or misplace a pass.

It doesn't help that they usually have only one person to pick out running into the box.

I would argue that David Gray was even more wasteful with the ball.

Most of that team have not been regular starters at other clubs and have played more games this season than at any point in the careers and it's showing big time and has been for a good few weeks now.

If we hadn't had so many injuries or hadn't lost form so badly, a lot of these guys would have been rested by now and would look better for it.

wookie70
16-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Very good first half but fell away after that and some very poor passes. Off the ball he was excellent throughout

KWJ
16-04-2016, 08:17 PM

Agree. He always shows for the ball but as I said on the player ratings, his OPTA stats must have been absolutely brutal today.

Had a great game, if you don't count when he had the ball!

lucky
16-04-2016, 08:18 PM
For me he's outstanding for an hour but unfortunately he does not that the stamina for the final 30 minutes

gaz1875
16-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Fyvie and Bartley covered every blade of grass today, maybe the final ball was poor on occasions but he gave his all :thumbsup:

wookie70
16-04-2016, 08:51 PM
For me he's outstanding for an hour but unfortunately he does not that the stammer for the final

Not sure what he says will matter in the final as long as he is fit.

penihibs
16-04-2016, 08:59 PM
He was always available to take a pass but nine out of ten times he gave it away, needs to sharpen up.

Best comment on this.
His distribution was horrendous.
But always will give a young guy benefit of the doubts.

Marco G
16-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Fyvie and Bartley covered every blade of grass today, maybe the final ball was poor on occasions but he gave his all :thumbsup:

Every player gave all they had and that is why we are in the final! I thought Fyvie was excellent considering he is not long back. When you are being pressed its easy enough to give the back away, but he kept right on it and covered, like all the midfield, an awful lot of ground over 120 minutes. Time to give credit to him and the whole team for a great outcome.

DH1875
17-04-2016, 01:55 AM

Tend to agree and with a fully fit squad to chose from, wouldnt get near my starting 11.

Pete
17-04-2016, 02:05 AM
Best comment on this.
His distribution was horrendous.
But always will give a young guy benefit of the doubts.

:agree:

...and it's very easy to forget how young our midfielders are.

Fyvie had one or two stray passes but he needs decent movement and people to show for him as well so I wouldn't describe his overall distribution as horrendous.

Rasping strike on him.

Forza Fred
17-04-2016, 02:41 AM

I can only comment on what I see,

Only saw second half, and during that time Fyvie mis passed the ball numerous time

Possibly any other team than Dundee United would have punished us for that

marinello59
17-04-2016, 05:36 AM
Tend to agree and with a fully fit squad to chose from, wouldnt get near my starting 11.

Id have a fully fit Fyvie pencilled in to every starting eleven, A decent modern footballer.

green day
17-04-2016, 05:47 AM
Id have a fully fit Fyvie pencilled in to every starting eleven, A decent modern footballer.

Yep, no coincidence that our midfield with him and Bartley on good form looks solid.

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2016, 07:44 AM

How many are lining up to taking his place?

I'd have him in the team every week - he gives the ball away at times, when Scott Allan done that last year it was ok though cos he was "trying something".

Jim44
17-04-2016, 07:57 AM
On the walk-out to the pitch, Fyvie gobbed 'a decent mouthful' into the tunnel area.

Why?

Pig ignorance.

Nicho87
17-04-2016, 07:58 AM
I like fyvie, but watch the game back an see how many times he passes straight to opposition. It was awful.

weecounty hibby
17-04-2016, 07:59 AM
I thought he payed well and worked his arse off. All players give the ball away from time to time. Him and big Marv were both excellent on my opinion

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2016, 07:59 AM
I like fyvie, but watch the game back an see how many times he passes straight to opposition. It was awful.

He was trying something.

Nicho87
17-04-2016, 08:02 AM
He was trying something.

I worked that one out by myself, but sadly his passing yesterday was no where near its best

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2016, 08:09 AM
I worked that one out by myself, but sadly his passing yesterday was no where near its best

What about the other Scott Allan favourite then - the others weren't on his wavelength and made him look bad?

17-04-2016, 08:13 AM
i thought he started ok yesterday but tired very quickly. Had a shocker in the second half, far to many lazy passes.

Nicho87
17-04-2016, 08:13 AM
What about the other Scott Allan favourite then - the others weren't in his wavelength and made him look bad?

I get what your saying but if you watch the full game back you will see a good few passes go straight to a united player, sorry

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2016, 08:15 AM
I get what your saying but if you watch the full game back you will see a good few passes go straight to a united player, sorry

I know mate he did lose the ball a few times (not as many as some are saying). I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of some.

I know that with Oxley being out the side (presumably) we need someone to blame, unfortunately for Fraser it's him.

B.H.F.C
17-04-2016, 08:18 AM
I know mate he did lose the ball a few times (not as many as some are saying). I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of some.

I know that with Oxley being out the side (presumably) we need someone to blame, unfortunately for Fraser it's him.

What a load of garbage. People can comment on someone's performance without 'blaming' them for anything.

He gave the ball away far too much yesterday. And as for your reference to Oxley, what a difference having a goalie that actually makes saves eh?

Nicho87
17-04-2016, 08:19 AM

Him and bartley in there though worked well on occassions to breakdown attacks. Need their engines for the final and rest of season. Big players for us.

RoYO!
17-04-2016, 08:30 AM
Would you prefer someone totally invisible? McGinn perhaps?

Like when he took that penalty?! :)

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2016, 08:34 AM
What a load of garbage. People can comment on someone's performance without 'blaming' them for anything.

He gave the ball away far too much yesterday. And as for your reference to Oxley, what a difference having a goalie that actually makes saves eh?

It never comes across like that.

No denying the keeper was excellent yesterday - I can't remember the last time a team had that many strikes on goal vs us and he down well to stop them.

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Like when he took that penalty?! :)Fyvie was much better during the 120 minutes though and if Jason wasn't a ****ing moron it wouldn't have got to penalties.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 08:38 AM
I thought Fyvie was our best player for 35 minutes or so. After that he was clearly frustrated at the lack of movement in front of him and was starting to try passes that weren't really on to make something happen. He reall started to 'struggle' when Mixu changed Utds shape and we didn't adapt at all. He also worked his bollox off when we didn't have the ball.

I was a bit baffled on the players ratings thread that people were scoring McGinn and Henderson equal or higher to Fyvie. He was better than both of them yesterday both on and off the ball.

DH1875
17-04-2016, 08:55 AM
How many are lining up to taking his place?

I'd have him in the team every week - he gives the ball away at times, when Scott Allan done that last year it was ok though cos he was "trying something".

Would depend on the formation but if we were going with the diamond then Marvin, Dylan, John and Liam would all start ahead of him for me.

LancsHibs
17-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Thought FF was great for us yesterday, thought him, Marv, the big keeper & Stokesy deserved special mentions.

overdrive
17-04-2016, 09:11 AM
I'm not usually Fyvie's biggest fan. Gives the ball away and is painfully slow in both body and mind.

However, I thought he was decent yesterday. Only Bartley was better in the midfield.

jimhfc1
17-04-2016, 09:49 AM

Couldnt agree more, his decision making at times is shocking

Hibby Bairn
17-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Barely won a game since Fyvie got injured. Just pointing this out.

First clean sheet since 21st Feb yesterday. Again just pointing out.

Obviously more than Fyvie at influence here. But we are a better team with Fyvie and Hanlon down the spine.

keep the faith
17-04-2016, 09:58 AM
The reason people are picking up about a couple of misplaced passes is because he had so much of the ball. He demands the ball and tries things.
The odd one doesnt come off but his overall contribution yesterday was way more than some other celebrated others in our team.
Frazer is a huge player for us.

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2016, 10:05 AM
The reason people are picking up about a couple of misplaced passes is because he had so much of the ball. He demands the ball and tries things.
The odd one doesnt come off but his overall contribution yesterday was way more than some other celebrated others in our team.
Frazer is a huge player for us.

Couldn't agree more, Fyvie is very important to how Stubbs wants to play, there is a reason Stubbs put him right in the team when he joined and has never taken him out.

gaz1875
17-04-2016, 10:58 AM
I thought Fyvie was our best player for 35 minutes or so. After that he was clearly frustrated at the lack of movement in front of him and was starting to try passes that weren't really on to make something happen. He reall started to 'struggle' when Mixu changed Utds shape and we didn't adapt at all. He also worked his bollox off when we didn't have the ball.

I was a bit baffled on the players ratings thread that people were scoring McGinn and Henderson equal or higher to Fyvie. He was better than both of them yesterday both on and off the ball.

Absolutely agree all about favourites with the point scoring. The guy behind me kept shouting about how bad he was and never once criticized Henderson or McGinn who gave the ball away equally as much and had half as many touches. Probably tried too many world cup passes but he tried that's for sure.