PDA

View Full Version : Goalkeeper For Remainder Of The Season

Keith_M
16-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Stick with Oxley or hand the gloves to Logan?

Baldy Foghorn
16-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Logan has earned the right to wear the gloves going forward IMO

Berwickhibby
16-04-2016, 04:19 PM
Tubby Logan was an absolute star today, he should remain between the sticks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
16-04-2016, 04:20 PM
No brainier. Best keeper performance for an age .. Logan!

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Unlike others on here, I don't have anything against Oxley but there's no way Logan can be dropped after today's performance.

He was outstanding.

Keith_M
16-04-2016, 04:28 PM
bump....

:greengrin

Pete
16-04-2016, 04:29 PM
WTF did I just watch there? :confused:

Sorry Ox, Conrad has to stay in for the final at least.

SlickShoes
16-04-2016, 04:30 PM
bump....

Dropping Logan now would be madness, goalies know this isnhownit works, lose your place for any reason and someone comes in and plays well then you've lost your place for the following games too until that goalie gives you a chance.

Dashing Bob S
16-04-2016, 04:30 PM
I voted Oxley. Just to keep his motivation up in case he sees the poll.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Unlike others on here, I don't have anything against Oxley but there's no way Logan can be dropped after today's performance.

He was outstanding.

It's going to be hard for Stubbs to put Oxley back in now.

Keith_M
16-04-2016, 04:33 PM
I voted Oxley. Just to keep his motivation up in case he sees the poll.

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2016, 04:37 PM

He was outstanding.Same for me really, I don't think Oxley deserves half the abuse he gets but Logan was very good today.

pontius pilate
16-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Logan for me he was immense and maybe just the strong wise head we need at the back

hibbymac
16-04-2016, 04:43 PM
He didn't have a great deal to do, but when he did, he did the job, we have nothing to lose by keeping him in goal till the end of the season. :flag:

greenlex
16-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Dont know about the rest of the season but certainly deserves to be between the sticks on Wednesday.

ehf
16-04-2016, 10:53 PM
We were in section D, near the front, and arrived just on kick-off; took a look at Logan and it was WTF - like he'd won a competition to play at Hampden in a friendly. But what a star! Best part of the day was when he made that save near the end of extra time; spontaneous, loud and sustained applause from all three sides.

Nicho87
16-04-2016, 11:14 PM
If a striker scored a hatrick hed expect to play next game. Logan scored 2 hatricks today, he simply has to play next game.

Hi Heid Yin
16-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Dont know about the rest of the season but certainly deserves to be between the sticks on Wednesday.

I agree with the bit in bold and would like to add that he also "fills the space in-between the sticks by simply standing on the line" Making it difficult for the ball to squeeze past him.
Our John Candy , Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks rolled into one.

Speedy
17-04-2016, 12:23 AM
We've got Conrad, supersize Conrad. I just don't think you understand.

He's Alan Stubbs' man. Loves a burger van. We've got supersize Conrad!

hfc rd
17-04-2016, 12:38 AM
It has to be Conrad Logan! Will be so crazy if we dropped him after his debut performance!

ekhibee
17-04-2016, 12:55 AM
Yep, Conrad should definitely get the gig now. Whether he will or not is another matter. Boyle scored a wonder goal against Livvie then didn't start in the next game. We'll see.

17-04-2016, 01:26 AM
Oxley's antics v Inverness put him out the semi final. As a result Stubbs gave Logan his chance. In football there is an expression about goalkeepers. "He has the gloves", and that's Logan. He should keep the starting place until he does something seriously wrong. And I don't just mean one of the fumbles or not coming for a cross like Oxley has done all season.

biggineurope
17-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Done fantastic the boy, angles covered really well, made himself nice & big, can fair move quick for a larger chap, what impressed me the most was him holding his nerve when it mattered, yeah I'd keep him there for now. We love Hulk Logan

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 08:05 AM
It would be totally unfair to drop the big yin for the next game. He took his chance and could no more to keep his place.

lucky
17-04-2016, 10:40 AM
We've got Conrad, supersize Conrad. I just don't think you understand.

He's Alan Stubbs' man. Loves a burger van. We've got supersize Conrad!

I like that, made me laugh

Johnny_Leith
17-04-2016, 11:12 AM
You're only as good as your last game. Logan until form dips.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-04-2016, 11:34 AM
I think Oxley has had a hard time recently, often unfairly. No way as bad as folk have made out recently. However, Logan needs to keep his place after that. I honestly don't think Oxley would have saved those three 1-1's. We'll obv never know but I don't recall him making many saves like that at all in the past two seasons, let alone 3 in a game.
Looks like the type of guy you see kicking about at the Pitz on a Tuesday night but he knows how to save the ball certainly!

Keith_M
17-04-2016, 11:39 AM
:singing:

"Two men couldnae score,
couldnae score past Logan"

:wink:

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Logan had a great debut but to suggest he be offered a long contract,become our number,is the Messiah and answer to our keeper problem is far too premature in my book. How many players have looked good in their first game only to falter very quickly. Jury is still out for me.

Leith Green
17-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Logan had a great debut but to suggest he be offered a long contract,become our number,is the Messiah and answer to our keeper problem is far too premature in my book. How many players have looked good in their first game only to falter very quickly. Jury is still out for me.

Nobody is suggesting that. And nobody is hailing him as a messiah. People are merely suggesting that he keeps the jersey because of his outstanding performance yesterday. He should play on wednesday now as doesnt deserve to be dropped.

Galahibby
17-04-2016, 12:30 PM
Hulk Logan. No contest :flag:

Hibby D
17-04-2016, 12:36 PM
Hulk Logan. No contest :flag:

Indeed :aok:

Ps of all the nicknames being banded about this is my favourite :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Logan played well yesterday and should keep the gloves on Wednesday. It's his position to lose now imo.

I'll put thoughts of long term contracts and comparisons with Leighton and Goram (the Budgie ones I get) on hold until I see more than 120 minutes and a penalty shoot out from him.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Nobody is suggesting that. And nobody is hailing him as a messiah. People are merely suggesting that he keeps the jersey because of his outstanding performance yesterday. He should play on wednesday now as doesnt deserve to be dropped.

Sorry but some of the things I have read and heard since yesterday tells me that is exactly what some people are suggesting.

FranckSuzy
17-04-2016, 12:46 PM
We were in section D, near the front, and arrived just on kick-off; took a look at Logan and it was WTF - like he'd won a competition to play at Hampden in a friendly. But what a star! Best part of the day was when he made that save near the end of extra time; spontaneous, loud and sustained applause from all three sides.

:tee hee:

Best shout(s) of the day were when he saved the one-on-ones, "FAT BOY DOES IT AGAIN!" :faf: Superb stuff.

jingler1954
17-04-2016, 12:55 PM
Logan 100%

Stevie Reid
17-04-2016, 03:38 PM
I'm a big fan of Oxley and have defended him many times on here, but unless Logan makes a catastrophic error in the next few weeks, he shouldn't get back in.

Would send out an awful message if Stubbs were to drop a goalkeeper who made such a profound impact in such a big match. He won us the game.

17-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Would be harsh to drop Logan after such a wonderful performance. Oxley will have to fight for his place back.

G B Young
17-04-2016, 03:56 PM
He didn't have a great deal to do, but when he did, he did the job, we have nothing to lose by keeping him in goal till the end of the season. :flag:

He made several crucial one-on-one saves, kept a clean sheet, then kept out two penalties in the shoot-out. That, to me, seems like quite a lot for a keeper to do. He was terrific.

However, there must be a reason he's spent most of his career on loan and hasn't played for 16 months. A blunder in his very next game would quickly dampen the clamour to see him play for the rest of the season. I personally think the criticism of Oxley is OTT and our defence yesterday again showed themselves to be pretty ropey on occasion.

Based on yesterday, though, Logan does look to carry a Budgie-style presence about him and that sort of personality could be just what we need at this crucial stage of the season.

Malthibby
17-04-2016, 05:51 PM
First clean sheet in over 10 games? I don't dislike Oxley but it should be a no-brainer, you go with the form
& that should mean Tubby stays.
GG

edwards
17-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Logan must surely be given the gloves for the rest of the season especially as we have two or possibly three hard play off games and the cup final. it will only install confidence in the defence as well and give them the chance to get to know him.

ancient hibee
17-04-2016, 06:14 PM
The save to his left low at the post was the save of the match.He should be given a chance in some of the league matches-say the next two against the Huns and QOS to see how he gets on.Maybe he's had the game of his life-who really knows.

SunshineOnLeith
17-04-2016, 06:19 PM
I'm another of the "nothing against Oxley, but Logan should keep the jersey after that performance" lot.

'Mon the Big Fat Goalie!

Dashing Bob S
17-04-2016, 06:20 PM
In all seriousness, you can't drop the Tubster after that performance. Tommy Younger was a chubby bartseward but excelled for Hibs, Liverpool and Scotland.

A pro like Oxley will know the score.

If Stubbs makes a hash of this one then big questions will be asked about his judgement. And apart from anything else, the fat lad just pulled him out off jail - Hibs were dire yesterday.

Joe6-2
17-04-2016, 06:21 PM
I think Logan should keep the jersey, just hope we're not puting too much pressure on him, or expecting too much!

One Day
17-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Logan is worth another game if even just to confirm how good he realy is

ancient hibee
17-04-2016, 06:25 PM
In all seriousness, you can't drop the Tubster after that performance. Tommy Younger was a chubby bartseward but excelled for Hibs, Liverpool and Scotland.

A pro like Oxley will know the score.

If Stubbs makes a hash of this one then big questions will be asked about his judgement. And apart from anything else, the fat lad just pulled him out off jail - Hibs were dire yesterday.

Stubbs of course picked him because he thought he was the man for the job surely.

Septimus
17-04-2016, 06:38 PM
It is a long time ago now but I do not remember Tommy Younger being fat. Big yes. Fat no.

My_Wife_Camille
17-04-2016, 06:40 PM
The reaction to Conrad Logan's performance tells you everything you need to know. Mark Oxley hasn't received a response as positive as that in 2 seasons yet Logan does it in one game.

That's what you want from a goalkeeper.

biotech
17-04-2016, 07:04 PM
This decision will test if Stubbs is ruthless enough to be a serious contender as a football manager. Oxley has cost us points and needs to be dropped, if not "binned" at the end of season.

I seriously doubt AS has that ruthless streak.

ancient hibee
17-04-2016, 07:06 PM
This decision will test if Stubbs is ruthless enough to be a serious contender as a football manager. Oxley has cost us points and needs to be dropped, if not "binned" at the end of season.

I seriously doubt AS has that ruthless streak.

It's a better choice to have than playing an OAP I suppose.

Hibee Mac
17-04-2016, 07:09 PM
I'm amazed this poll isn't 100% Logan

Jamesie
17-04-2016, 07:12 PM

True, but the last keeper I saw with the leadership qualities of Logan and with the same vocal encouragement was John Burridge.

Paisley Hibby
17-04-2016, 07:19 PM
I'm amazed this poll isn't 100% Logan

Same here. Nothing against Oxley, it's just that Logan looks like he could be the radge character we've been looking for to gee up the team.

gorgie greens
17-04-2016, 11:28 PM
True, but the last keeper I saw with the leadership qualities of Logan and with the same vocal encouragement was John Burridge.

The guy was flawless and seems an infectious type of guy whom the players have obviously taken a shine to , its a no brainer for me and Logan has got to start the next game,

Heisenberg
17-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Stubbs will play Oxley on Wednesday. I'm sure of it.

Hibee Mac
17-04-2016, 11:50 PM

I've got the horrible feeling you're right.

It would be a huge mistake on Stubbs part as theres so much momentum behind Logan now, not to mention the "feel good" factor it'll bring to the defence having a brick wall behind you!

churchie16
17-04-2016, 11:56 PM
Your probably right, would be a shocking decision! If Stubbs has any doubts go and watch the highlights and watch the fans reactions when Logan keeps us in the game can't remember the last time 14 or 15 thousand hibs fans celebrated like that towards a keeper! Got to be Conrad!

Big L
18-04-2016, 12:15 AM
Oxley has taken that much heat, deservedly so, that he might welcome the opportunity to get out the kitchen!

Salt N Sauzee
18-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Would love to see Logan starting again on Wednesday night as he's earned it.

However it wouldn't surprise me if Stubbs brought Oxley straight back in.

Vini1875
18-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Conrad has the gloves for. My only worry is that AS didn't trust him to do a job before now and only put him because he had to. Big game against the huns, but I would give a chance in it.

Diclonius
18-04-2016, 09:46 AM
I'm slightly concerned that Stubbs will stick Oxley back in goal against Rangers. The sensible approach would be to keep in our MOTM but some of his tactical decisions have baffled me recently.

Hibrandenburg
18-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Logan has to be first choice. It's not about punishing Oxley for poor performances, more about rewarding Logan for a good one. The same rules should apply all over the park unless there's a tactical decision regarding the way we need to set up.

Golden Bear
18-04-2016, 11:26 AM
I'd give Logan another couple of games to prove that Saturday's performance was not a fluke. I'll decide then.

SeanWilson
18-04-2016, 11:29 AM
massive confidence position, he and the players cant be more confident in his ability after that display. Continue with him between the sticks until otherwise.

scooby
18-04-2016, 12:05 PM
I'd give Logan another couple of games to prove that Saturday's performance was not a fluke. I'll decide then.

Don't think it was a fluke, but completely agree.
He made more crucial saves in one game than I've seen Oxley make in the last 10. Let's not kid ourselves, If Oxley was in goal on Saturday we wouldn't have won.

Hulk Logan is the new Budgie!

Lago
18-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Stubbs saying in todays paper Oxley is his No 1 keeper so read into that what you want.

mutley
18-04-2016, 12:50 PM

He was outstanding.

I'll second that

scoopyboy
18-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Stubbs saying in todays paper Oxley is his No 1 keeper so read into that what you want.

Unfortunately I read into that that Oxley will be in goals.

To me that is sending out the wrong message altogether.

Conrad Logan came in to the semi solely because of Oxley's stupidity in picking up two bookings for time wasting, if Oxley hadn't done that then Logan wouldn't even be at the club.

Stubbs should at least give Logan another game or two to see if he can reproduce his Hampden form, he deserves that.

By bringing Oxley straight back in he would be as well to say just do what you want Mark you will get back in anyway.

Hibee Mac
18-04-2016, 01:20 PM

Conrad Logan came in to the semi solely because of Oxley's stupidity in picking up two bookings for time wasting, if Oxley hadn't done that then Logan wouldn't even be at the club.

Stubbs should at least give Logan another game or two to see if he can reproduce his Hampden form, he deserves that.

By bringing Oxley straight back in he would be as well to say just do what you want Mark you will get back in anyway.

That'd be a real shame if he does play Oxley. This highlights one of Stubbs' failings so far as a manager; he doesn't use his squad to full effect to show that players aren't guaranteed a place in the team. If he plays Oxley then Logan and Otso will be thinking what on earth do we have to do to get in this team?? Like you say it sends out completely the wrong message.

Lee Marvin
18-04-2016, 01:32 PM
That'd be a real shame if he does play Oxley. This highlights one of Stubbs' failings so far as a manager; he doesn't use his squad to full effect to show that players aren't guaranteed a place in the team. If he plays Oxley then Logan and Otso will be thinking what on earth do we have to do to get in this team?? Like you say it sends out completely the wrong message.

If logan does not retain his place it's an absolute disgrace. I'll hold in my rage until I see the teamsheets on Wednesday however.

RoYO!
18-04-2016, 02:42 PM
On five live now

mutley
18-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Someone should print out this thread/Poll and send it to the club. OK so there is only 280 votes in total, but I think the results speaks for itself.

Or is it reverse psychology. Oxley in on Wednesday and then Logan for the final?

SJM
18-04-2016, 02:48 PM

If Oxley starts on Weds there will be massive pressure on him if he ****s up he will get booed and that's not his fault and won't be good. Another little part of the faith I have in Stubbs will be gone too.

Not In The Know
18-04-2016, 02:54 PM
If Oxley starts on Weds there will be massive pressure on him if he ****s up he will get booed and that's not his fault and won't be good. Another little part of the faith I have in Stubbs will be gone too.

very true. one tiny mistake and the crowd will be restless.

ManBearPig
18-04-2016, 02:55 PM
I think last time Oxley has MOTM performance was against rangers at ibrox last season we won but he got bombarded and kept us in it. I don't hate Ox but surely as a keeper he'll understand why Logan has to start on Wednesday

StevieC
18-04-2016, 03:47 PM

Didn't Goram pick up the nickname "The Flying Pig" :wink:

StevieC
18-04-2016, 03:48 PM
On five live now

Who? Logan?

heretoday
18-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Alternate them for the league games remaining but field Logan for the playoffs and final.

I'm thinking we could rest a number of the squad over the next four games before the playoffs.

hibee_girl
18-04-2016, 03:53 PM

He's maybe just playing mind games, letting Rangers think it'll be Oxley in goals.

allmodcons
18-04-2016, 03:53 PM

Agree. Pa Kujabi springs to mind.

SJM
18-04-2016, 05:00 PM
He's maybe just playing mind games, letting Rangers think it'll be Oxley in goals.

I respectfully pray you are right 👍

stoneyburn hibs
18-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Oxley isn't half the goalkeeper that is Logan.

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Unfair to judge Logan on probably the best game of his career and Oxley on a full 2 seasons tbh. I think Logan should start on Wed but I wont be crying on here if Stubbs thinks otherwise.

No doubt I'm going to be told Logan done more in 1 game than Oxley in 2 seasons bla bla bla...doesn't work like that. Oxley has had plenty of good games but how many times have forwards got through 1v1 against him? How many penalties has he had the chance to save? Not very many in my memory.

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 05:25 PM
I think last time Oxley has MOTM performance was against rangers at ibrox last season we won but he got bombarded and kept us in it. I don't hate Ox but surely as a keeper he'll understand why Logan has to start on WednesdayHow many times have we been bombarded since then? Maybe 3?

Keith_M
18-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Almost 300 votes and Logan is on 94%

I wonder if Stubbs will share the same opinion.

CallumLaidlaw
18-04-2016, 05:27 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/oxley-to-get-nod-over-logan-for-hibs-clash-with-rangers-1-4103728

IanM
Posted this elsewhere. Big call from Stubbs

“Conrad had a game he will remember for a long time but Mark is my No.1. Conrad has done himself no harm whatsoever with his performance.

“He has made the competition for places even greater but, as long as Mark is available, he will be back in.

Read more: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/oxley-to-get-nod-over-logan-for-hibs-clash-with-rangers-1-4103728#ixzz46CS857fv

CallumLaidlaw
Almost 300 votes and Logan is on 94%

I wonder if Stubbs will share the same opinion.

Obviously not [emoji15]

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 05:29 PM
20 pages, meltdown, jeering of Oxley on Wednesday when he doesn't come for a cross that is 20 yards from his goal...

Usual stuff really

hibsbollah
18-04-2016, 05:32 PM

“Conrad had a game he will remember for a long time but Mark is my No.1. Conrad has done himself no harm whatsoever with his performance.

“He has made the competition for places even greater but, as long as Mark is available, he will be back in.

Read more: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/oxley-to-get-nod-over-logan-for-hibs-clash-with-rangers-1-4103728#ixzz46CS857fv

I've defended Stubbs furiously on here in the past but that's a terrible call. Logan HAS to get the gloves. It's so obvious I thought starting this thread was a stupid idea :dunno:

kev1875
18-04-2016, 05:37 PM

Can anyone tell me a reason why this is the right decision based on performances over the last 3 months?

Lee Marvin
18-04-2016, 05:38 PM
I've defended Stubbs furiously on here in the past but that's a terrible call. Logan HAS to get the gloves. It's so obvious I thought starting this thread was a stupid idea :dunno:

It's the equivalent of a striker scoring a hat trick in his first game but not start the next match over a striker who has not scored in 20. It's that ridiculous.

What message does this send out to others trying to get in the team!!

Michael
18-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Well, I say that we don't play him again so that he forever remains a cult hero!

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 05:41 PM
It's the equivalent of a striker scoring a hat trick in his first game but not start the next match over a striker who has not scored in 20. It's that ridiculous.

What message does this send out to others trying to get in the team!!It isn't the equivalent of that at all because that has never happened whereas plenty of managers have stuck with their number one after 1 great performance by their number 2.

Lee Marvin
18-04-2016, 05:44 PM
It isn't the equivalent of that at all because that has never happened whereas plenty of managers have stuck with their number one after 1 great performance by their number 2.

Not when their number 1 has barely had a good game for 2 years!!!!

We would never have even got to extra time on sat with oxley in goals, yet we will have to suffer him for the next 2 months during the most important period in this clubs history.

Kaff
18-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Going by the newspaper article i wouldn't be surprised if Oxley will be carrying a 'niggly' injury and is rested for Wednesday with Logan in goal and Otso on the bench.
If Logan carries on the heroics then he's the new number one and Ox takes the seat on the bench for remainder of the but alternatively if Logan puts in an average performance then Ox 'recovers' in time for the next game and we're back to normal again.
Just my feeling on how it could pan out.

hibeerealist
18-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Alternate them for the league games remaining but field Logan for the playoffs and final.

I'm thinking we could rest a number of the squad over the next four games before the playoffs.

Do not agree, leave Logan in goals it is his jersey now and his to lose!

Also, my nerves will settle down a bit when a ball goes into our box with Logan in there they are shot to death after Ox!!!

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Not when their number 1 has barely had a good game for 2 years!!!!

We would never have even got to extra time on sat with oxley in goals, yet we will have to suffer him for the next 2 months during the most important period in this clubs history.How many times has Oxley had a chance to have a good game? Made no mistakes against any SPL teams we've played so there is nothing to suggest we wouldn't have won on Sunday with him in net.

Logan playing well should be celebrated, not used as a stick to beat Oxley.

SunshineOnLeith
18-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Also, my nerves will settle down a bit when a ball goes into our box with Logan in there they are shot to death after Ox!!!

Why? For all his good saves, he only dealt with one cross that I can remember (a one handed punch) and didn't come for a couple of corners in his six yard box.

I agree that Logan should continue in nets based on his performance at the weekend, but dealing with crosses wasn't an area he excelled in.

Lee Marvin
18-04-2016, 06:09 PM
How many times has Oxley had a chance to have a good game? Made no mistakes against any SPL teams we've played so there is nothing to suggest we wouldn't have won on Sunday with him in net.

Logan playing well should be celebrated, not used as a stick to beat Oxley.

That's the thing with oxley, he doesnt make many bad mistakes. But, crucially, he makes almost no match winning saves or serious positive contributions.

Logan made more in one game that oxley in 70. How you can even argue against that is beyond me.

sleeping giant
18-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Why? For all his good saves, he only dealt with one cross that I can remember (a one handed punch) and didn't come for a couple of corners in his six yard box.

I agree that Logan should continue in nets based on his performance at the weekend, but dealing with crosses wasn't an area he excelled in.

Great punch though.

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 06:12 PM
That's the thing with oxley, he doesnt make many bad mistakes. But, crucially, he makes almost no match winning saves or serious positive contributions.

Logan made more in one game that oxley in 70. How you can even argue against that is beyond me.I can argue against it because it is literally wrong. Logan made 5, maybe 6 important saves on Saturday, to say Oxley hasn't made more than that is 70 games is just wrong. He made an absolutely world class against against Falkirk on Tuesday from a point blank header for example.

Diclonius
18-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Stubbs agreeing with 6% of Hibs fans. Let's hope he knows best.

Kaff
18-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Great punch though.

Noticed in the warm up he did this several times and they were all boomed miles up the pitch, its obviously a part of his game and was great in the game to see it.

CMac1988
18-04-2016, 06:41 PM
I don't think you should necessarily drop your number one when just because your number two/three/temporary backup plays well, but... it was more than just a few good saves.
He was essentially the sole difference between us being in the final and not. On one game alone I as a supporter have more confidence in his ability to command his box than I've ever had in Oxley. His presence (and not just his size) gives us something we've been missing for a while, a leader.

Am I getting ahead of myself? Perhaps. But I've got to find one positive in what has been a miserable couple of months.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2016, 08:43 PM
I agree with Stubbs on this,Oxley should be straight back in and Logan should sit back with his feet up until the final.