PDA

View Full Version : Cup final tickets let the scramble commence

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Itsnoteasy
16-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Today's crowd for cup semi final was shocking. If I were Hibs everyone there today should be guaranteed a cup final ticket. There was obviously the odd person who normally goes that couldn't make it. Now the cup final brigade will be crawling out the woodwork looking to go. This is where loyalty points really count.

HappyHanlon
16-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Deary me

Hibernian Verse
16-04-2016, 04:01 PM
I'm glad you're not Hibs. The whole point of a points structure is that it's used for big games to ensure the most loyal people get tickets. Under your logic people get tickets based on one game. Seems bizarre.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
16-04-2016, 04:19 PM
ST holder's first then whatever after that?

Since90+2
16-04-2016, 04:20 PM

Loyalty points based no?

murray26
16-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Season ticket holders should get 2 if they have renewed for next year.

hibee1875
16-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Loyalty points based no?

6 and half a douzen. Don't think you'll fine many if any non ST holders who have more points than ST holders

Since90+2
16-04-2016, 04:25 PM
6 and half a douzen. Don't think you'll fine many if any non ST holders who have more points than ST holders

Just seems strange someone who has been an advocate of the system the whole season now wants the final to be season tickets then whatever next.

Mantis Toboggan
16-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Today's crowd for cup semi final was shocking. If I were Hibs everyone there today should be guaranteed a cup final ticket. There was obviously the odd person who normally goes that couldn't make it. Now the cup final brigade will be crawling out the woodwork looking to go. This is where loyalty points really count.

Get a grip

Keith_M
16-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Easy, Loyalty Points count.... just don't have too many groups for sales (90+, then 1+, then open sale)

Also assign Loyalty Points to those who buy STs for next season. That might encourage sales a little and give the club a much needed Cup Final Dividend.

Itsnoteasy
16-04-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm glad you're not Hibs. The whole point of a points structure is that it's used for big games to ensure the most loyal people get tickets. Under your logic people get tickets based on one game. Seems bizarre.

The point I was making is that it was the loyal ones today who were there.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2016, 04:33 PM

The loyal ones are the ones with season tickets.

Itsnoteasy
16-04-2016, 04:35 PM
ST holder's first then whatever after that?:top marks

Totally agree

Keith_M
16-04-2016, 04:36 PM

I'd be willing to bet almost all of them have Loyalty Points, so will be OK for the Final.

If they don't have any, that would mean they never actually attend any home games, i.e. Glory Hunters ;)

Baldy Foghorn
16-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Just seems strange someone who has been an advocate of the system the whole season now wants the final to be season tickets then whatever next.

Do I, sick of the guff that has been posted about Loyalty points this Season? Damned if they do, damned if they don't......

Itsnoteasy
16-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Get a grip

Wouldn't have been many day trippers today

Hibernian Verse
16-04-2016, 04:38 PM
I wasn't there but have well over 400 points. Suppose that makes me unloyal.

Since90+2
16-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Do I, sick of the guff that has been posted about Loyalty points this Season? Damned if they do, damned if they don't......

So do you think it should be based on loyalty points for the final or should season ticket holders be getting priority?

Only reason I ask is have you not been a supporter of the loyalty point system all season?

KWJ
16-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Anyone wanna spot me a spare grand for flights, tickets, accom and beers.

Please.

:taxi:violin::scarf::paid::saltireflag:hi:

Baldy Foghorn
16-04-2016, 04:42 PM
So do you think it should be based on loyalty points for the final or should season ticket holders be getting priority?

Only reason I ask is have you not been a supporter of the loyalty point system all season?

We will get 20,000 tickets......Leave it at that and enjoy the win.........

Andy74
16-04-2016, 04:42 PM

Probably less damned if they don't to be fair.

Since90+2
16-04-2016, 04:43 PM
We will get 20,000 tickets......Leave it at that and enjoy the win.........

Fair doos.

Golden Bear
16-04-2016, 04:47 PM

Amen to that. That's all that is required then sell the remainder on a first come first served basis.

inglisavhibs
16-04-2016, 04:55 PM
The Hibs support wasn't shocking and you can understand why United fans were not too keen. Anyway the Hibs fans who attended at least saw some of the best celebrations you could have.

Itsnoteasy
16-04-2016, 05:46 PM
The Hibs support wasn't shocking and you can understand why United fans were not too keen. Anyway the Hibs fans who attended at least saw some of the best celebrations you could have.

I would say 13k was shocking. Cosidering we had over 30k against Livingston. Surely over 20k are not deed.
It was a semi. Not 1st round against Raith

Halifaxhibby
16-04-2016, 05:50 PM

So if you can't afford a season ticket but follow every game you can your not loyal?, rubbish!!.

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Amen to that. That's all that is required then sell the remainder on a first come first served basis.

so, you're saying fans that pump money in to the club and attend most home games would have the same chance of a ticket as a walk-up that's been to one home game all season, yes ? incredible

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2016, 05:53 PM
So if you can't afford a season ticket but follow every game you can your not loyal?, rubbish!!.

nonsense :agree:

green day
16-04-2016, 05:56 PM
If I were Hibs everyone there today should be guaranteed a cup final ticket.

How?

You could buy loads on one account then pass them on to your buddies.

No loyalty points were allocated, so how would they know who was there (apart from the person, e.g. me, who actually bought the tickets using their account)?

Loads of people (me included) dumped their stub at or post match.

So this (forgive me:greengrin) is a daft suggestion that can ever actually happen - so you might as well ask the admins to close the thread.

Baldy Foghorn
16-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Do we really need this thread tonight? We don't know who we are playing, let's just enjoy the win/weekend, and worry about Final tickets nearer the sale:flag:

Billy Whizz
16-04-2016, 06:00 PM

It would be season ticket holders only, if were to get 22,000 tickets for every key away like Hearts/Rangers etc. Unfortunately we don't get that amount of tickets, so Hibs introduced a new Loyalty scheme
As usual for a final, everyone who wants a ticket, is likely to get one

Since90+2
16-04-2016, 06:01 PM
It will be loyalty point based. Hibs are not going to suddenly ditch a system they have used all season.

My guess would be they will sell it as follows:

First wave of sales - 180 points or above
All season ticket holders and regular attendees in this bracket

Second wave of sales - 90 points or above
Half season ticket holders and people who have attended a good few games this season

Third wave of sales - 1 point or above
Priority in this wave given to someone who has atleast attended one game

Then general sale.

They will also offer 180 points for anyone buying a season ticket for next year to be added upon purchase meaning anyone who buys a season ticket for next year is guaranteed a ticket.

stoneyburn hibs
16-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Do we really need this thread tonight? We don't know who we are playing, let's just enjoy the win/weekend, and worry about Final tickets nearer the sale:flag:

Have to agree, let's bask for now.

Gerard
16-04-2016, 06:06 PM
I think we should be grateful our team won and we have a chance to win the Scottish Cup again.

Beefster
16-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Probably less damned if they don't to be fair.

Yup. I was a strong advocate of a loyalty or a membership scheme but it's just turned into another stick to bash the club with and must be a massive pain in the arse for them. I'd be tempted to scrap it and go back to non-ST holders having to just deal with a free for all.

Vini1875
16-04-2016, 06:20 PM
It will one per ST and then one more for those who buy for next season. Makes sense to me as a way to sell more STs. Any left over after that will go to loyalty point holders without STs.

hibee
16-04-2016, 06:21 PM
They will also offer 180 points for anyone buying a season ticket for next year to be added upon purchase meaning anyone who buys a season ticket for next year is guaranteed a ticket.

150 the last two seasons, maybe give 180 to those that purchased before we got to the final though :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
16-04-2016, 06:24 PM

Maybe so or maybe the ones that can afford it.
Would you say it was fair if anyone there today missed out on the final?

SON OF PADDY
16-04-2016, 06:25 PM
It will one per ST and then one more for those who buy for next season. Makes sense to me as a way to sell more STs. Any left over after that will go to loyalty point holders without STs.

I would agree with this, I've Renewed. 😉

Alfred E Newman
16-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Assuming we get 21000 tickets for the final, I would imagine most of the 7000 season ticket holders were there today which leaves another 5000 non ticket holders. Even if that 5000 were guaranteed a final ticket ,the remaining 8000 still could be sold on the points basis.
Maybe by allocating the tickets this way we could keep away most of the cup final air heads who spoil the occasion for everyone else.

Hibby70
16-04-2016, 06:38 PM
There's no way Leeann won't see the chance of increasing ST sales by making it one ticket for this years ST and one for next seasons. That's what we've used as s tactic in the past.

Quite rightly so in my opinion as we could have a big hole to fill.

We'd struggle to get any where near 12,000 ST holders next season so it works in terms of numbers.

IberianHibernian
16-04-2016, 06:40 PM
In 2012 and 2013 think fans who bought tickets for last league matches entered into a draw to have chance to buy final tickets . Might be a way of boosting crowd against Dumbarton and QOS and Raith if we don`t finish 2nd .

Franck Stanton
16-04-2016, 06:43 PM
I am [and have been for more years than I care to remember], a S/T holder, I renewed for next year two weeks ago. Nothing special in that, it's not uncommon or anything special. Point is, I want two tickets for C/Final, one for me and the other for Mrs grumpy, hope the Club offer S/T holders who renewed PRIOR to s/f the chance of two tickets.

Since90+2
16-04-2016, 06:45 PM
I am [and have been for more years than I care to remember], a S/T holder, I renewed for next year two weeks ago. Nothing special in that, it's not uncommon or anything special. Point is, I want two tickets for C/Final, one for me and the other for Mrs grumpy, hope the Club offer S/T holders who renewed PRIOR to s/f the chance of two tickets.

It won't be 2 per season ticket holder.

Franck Stanton
16-04-2016, 06:48 PM
It won't be 2 per season ticket holder.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. Still, I live in hope.

P.S. Memo to all you lot who posted yesterday that you couldn't be bothered to get excited about today's game, forgot it was on, couldnae be rsed going, Can I get one of your tickets as you obviously won't be bothered about the final either now will you ?

iwasthere1972
16-04-2016, 06:55 PM
I would say 13k was shocking. Cosidering we had over 30k against Livingston. Surely over 20k are not deed.
It was a semi. Not 1st round against Raith

I wasn't too unhappy with 13,000 and wouldn't say that it was shocking. We normally take about 15,000 to a semi final so not too far off the norm today. The 30,000 against Livi was actually much higher than that but that was a final. You may have meant to say Ross County instead of Livi which was about 30K.

Hi Heid Yin
16-04-2016, 07:03 PM

This attack on fellow supporters (fair-weather or glory hunters) is really not necessary. Be glad that we have so many supporters out there prepared to be as one with the die-hards at Hampden.
Rather than criticise the swathes who don't attend Easter Road regularly, try cajolling them and encouraging them to purchase a season ticket, or buy shares, or to attend as a walk up on the day when we are playing your Dumbarton's and Livingston's. Our potential support is huge (by Scottish standards).
I don't recall singling the glory hunters out that day in 2007 when the whole Hibs support was belting out "Sunshine On Leith" I really didn't care a jot.
We were one, united mass of green and white expressing our love for our club.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2016, 07:19 PM
If you've renewed you should get two cup final tickets.

hibee_girl
16-04-2016, 07:20 PM

:agree:

That's how it's worked before

Since90+2
16-04-2016, 07:23 PM

When have Hibs recently given 2 per season ticket holder for a big game where demand outstrips supply?

Its not going to happen.

SlickShoes
16-04-2016, 07:23 PM
It'll be the same as it usually is, 1 per current season ticket holder, 1 per renewal, 1 per new season ticket purchase. Then it will people with 90 points and above with a ticket each. Then it will be 1 point and above with a ticket each.

General sale may go to max of 2 per purchase.

I only have 60 odd points just now, bit late to try and scramble to 90.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2016, 07:24 PM

That's how it's worked before

That's the fair way. LD and RP will be rubbing their hands.

Beefster
16-04-2016, 07:25 PM
When have Hibs recently given 2 per season ticket holder for a big game where demand outstrips supply?

Its not going to happen.

IIRC the last 2 SC finals we've been to, ST holders who had renewed could buy 2 tickets.

SlickShoes
16-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Are you supposed to get loyalty points for cup games?

I have purchased tickets for inverness, ross co and today against dundee utd and got no points from any of them. Last year I got 10 points for the Falkirk Semi Final.

murray26
16-04-2016, 07:37 PM
IIRC the last 2 SC finals we've been to, ST holders who had renewed could buy 2 tickets.
Correct.. And it's the way it should be.. Hibs have to capitalise on this and I'm sure they will.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Correct.. And it's the way it should be.. Hibs have to capitalise on this and I'm sure they will.

That's me sorted then. I'm sure I've got a long lost auntie that will want my spare ticket.

Craig_in_Prague
16-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Every fan that attended Inverness away on a Wed night following a cup final defeat should be 100% at the final.
Sounds like a scramble to come so I won't bother travelling or care, but as I said I hope those fans that went that night all secure a ticket easily!

percy veer
16-04-2016, 07:42 PM

Its not going to happen.

Hearts final celtic final sure you got another one when you renewed

Hermit Crab
Every fan that attended Inverness away on a Wed night following a cup final defeat should be 100% at the final.
Sounds like a scramble to come so I won't bother travelling or care, but as I said I hope those fans that went that night all secure a ticket easily!

1100 of us! Plenty to go round mate.

Craig_in_Prague
1100 of us! Plenty to go round mate.

Not all ST holders though I assume.

Greenworld
16-04-2016, 07:43 PM
It's so funny do you seriously think we would beat celtic in the final

No ticket rush

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
Hearts final celtic final sure you got another one when you renewed

That's correct.

Hermit Crab
Not all ST holders though I assume.

Nah, plus a few pay at the gates that might.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2016, 07:45 PM
It's so funny do you seriously think we would beat celtic in the final

No ticket rush

If you do think we can win then don't go.

Greenworld
16-04-2016, 07:46 PM
If you do think we can win then don't go.
I won't be

Hermit Crab
16-04-2016, 07:47 PM
I won't be

Great. A ticket will go to someone who thinks the club can win then.

Greenworld
16-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Great. A ticket will go to someone who thinks the club can win then.
Correct and I will enjoy the sun and beach lol

blackpoolhibs
16-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Those 90 points for joining HSL are worth their weight in gold. :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
16-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Correct and I will enjoy the sun and beach lol

Hopefully enjoying it a little bit more if we win. [emoji1]

Greenworld
16-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Hopefully enjoying it a little bit more if we win. [emoji1]
You better believe it

Bad Martini
16-04-2016, 07:53 PM
First and foremost, why after a joyous win so we have a theoretical rammy over tickets we don't even have yet?? Words fail me...

Secondly, why should anyone who goes to one game have any special privilege over anyone else with points showing their loyalty. Or is someone who goes to a semi final more loyal for one match than someone who goes to a pile of matches with much less glamour? Equally someone going to ONE remote match in ****knowswheresville on a cold midweek night is no more loyal than the punter who rocks up regularly.

It's simple. Attend lots of games. Get lots of points. Then you're loyal as per the definition and the scheme.

Or is this utterly stone radge??

Off to sink more celebratory beer whilst the uber fan or rather uber loyalty ticket brigade work out who's worthy of supporting our club at the final....

Beefster
16-04-2016, 08:05 PM
First and foremost, why after a joyous win so we have a theoretical rammy over tickets we don't even have yet?? Words fail me...

Secondly, why should anyone who goes to one game have any special privilege over anyone else with points showing their loyalty. Or is someone who goes to a semi final more loyal for one match than someone who goes to a pile of matches with much less glamour? Equally someone going to ONE remote match in ****knowswheresville on a cold midweek night is no more loyal than the punter who rocks up regularly.

It's simple. Attend lots of games. Get lots of points. Then you're loyal as per the definition and the scheme.

Or is this utterly stone radge??

Off to sink more celebratory beer whilst the uber fan or rather uber loyalty ticket brigade work out who's worthy of supporting our club at the final....

The bit in bold is supremely ironic given you just did exactly the same thing as you're criticising everyone else for.

Pete
16-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Can I be the first to say that whatever they decide to do it's out of order and makes a mockery of something.

Beefster
16-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Can I be the first to say that whatever they decide to do it's out of order and makes a mockery of something.

Yup and I'd love to go to all the games but I work/am skint/live in Timbuktoo. Using ST or loyalty points is discriminatory against my very specific circumstances. I expected better of Hibs.

OtleyHibs
16-04-2016, 08:31 PM
I have little to no chance of getting a ticket for the final which is fair enough, if I get one in general sale then fantastic, if not I will happily sit in my living room beer in hand to see us lift the cup!

Let's just enjoy the victory for tonight and worry about it later. I'm still trying to get my head round wanting the rangers to win tomorrow : )

h18eeynick
16-04-2016, 08:48 PM
What about a totally different way of allocation ? I get fed up of hearing about armchair fans etc . What about first tickets go to those who travel the furthest ? I am sure a lot of people travel further than me but 100 miles each way is still quite a slog and how many living in Edinburgh would go to every game if it took 5 hours there and back including parking etc

hibby6270
16-04-2016, 09:52 PM

Its not going to happen.

2012 & 2013. Existing ST got one ticket and another ticket if renewed for next season.
I know that because me and the wife were able to buy 4 tickets between us.
No reason to change that for this final imo.
On the basis we have 7 or 8 thousand existing and renewed ST holders, if they all bought their 2 tickets, there'll be 4K to 5k tickets left for a more general sale. Of course not every ST holder will buy 2 each, so that will leave even more for general sale.
Whatever happens not everyone will be happy.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2016, 10:11 PM
2012 & 2013. Existing ST got one ticket and another ticket if renewed for next season.
I know that because me and the wife were able to buy 4 tickets between us.
No reason to change that for this final imo.
On the basis we have 7 or 8 thousand existing and renewed ST holders, if they all bought their 2 tickets, there'll be 4K to 5k tickets left for a more general sale. Of course not every ST holder will buy 2 each, so that will leave even more for general sale.
Whatever happens not everyone will be happy.

This is what should happen this time round.

DH1875
17-04-2016, 01:24 AM

Total nonsencse IMO. Club have played a blinder here by not offering loyalty points for the semifinal. Between the semis and the final we should make plenty so I would imagine the club will do something to include playoff tickets and cup final tickets. Something along the lines of 2/3 game packages as lets face it, playoff home game where the club get all the cash means more then a four way split when your already guaranteed the cash.

linxall
17-04-2016, 01:30 AM

Is there no tolerance left in this world?

There are Hibs fans in every corner of the world. Do you grudge them trying to buy tickets for a final?

The travel cost to Scotland for me far exceeds the cost of a season ticket for an entire family.

The Hibs family is not going to get happier with myopic views like yours.

LustForLeith
17-04-2016, 06:45 AM
Me and my son just got our first season tickets for next season but because the points are frozen we don't have the points to show it.

I'm hoping that Hibs review this and give new season ticket holders the chance to get tickets for the final

lucky
17-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Hibs sold over 14000 tickets for today and whilst I'd like all who went a guarantee of final ticket it's hard to do. So for me it will be the loyalty points system. Hibs commercial team will want to use the final as an opportunity to sell STs so I'd imagine it will be 1 ticket for this years final and another if you renew your season ticket.

Keith_M
17-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Hibs sold over 14000 tickets for today and whilst I'd like all who went a guarantee of final ticket it's hard to do. So for me it will be the loyalty points system. Hibs commercial team will want to use the final as an opportunity to sell STs so I'd imagine it will be 1 ticket for this years final and another if you renew your season ticket.

Assuming the people that get two tickets are not so fat they take up two seats, that would mean, logically, they'll give the ticket to somebody else.

Now, considering the fact that the people that attend regularly will be pretty much guaranteed a ticket themselves, that'll mean the extra ticket will be going to somebody that never actually goes to a game.

How exactly is that rewarding Loyalty to the Club?

:hmmm:

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Maybe so or maybe the ones that can afford it.
Would you say it was fair if anyone there today missed out on the final?

It might be. What if someone's been to 15 games this season and a punter went today "for the day out"

Follow or go to every match? There's a big difference.

haagsehibby
17-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Well, living abroad I think there's little chance of getting a ticket but I booked my flights yesterday since I couldn't bear the thought of not being in Edinburgh should the quest finally be achieved.

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Assuming the people that get two tickets are not so fat they take up two seats, that would mean, logically, they'll give the ticket to somebody else.

Now, considering the fact that the people that attend regularly will be pretty much guaranteed a ticket themselves, that'll mean the extra ticket will be going to somebody that never actually goes to a game.

How exactly is that rewarding Loyalty to the Club?

:hmmm:

:agree: I've argued this previously on here. You've got 1 season ticket - why do you need 2 cup final tickets?

Libby Hibby
17-04-2016, 07:52 AM
2 per current ST's (with different dates depending on loyalty points) then a general sale...That's the way I hope it works, should leave 5k or 6k for the general

marinello59
17-04-2016, 07:54 AM
2 per current ST's (with different dates depending on loyalty points) then a general sale...That's the way I hope it works, should leave 5k or 6k for the general

If we got half the tickets there will be no need to do different dates.

Beefster
17-04-2016, 07:58 AM
:agree: I've argued this previously on here. You've got 1 season ticket - why do you need 2 cup final tickets?

Because my Auntie Agnes, who never goes to the games, loves a Hibs cup final.

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2016, 07:59 AM
Because my Auntie Agnes, who never goes to the games, loves a Hibs cup final.

She's a jinx Beefster - every game she goes to we lose.

Libby Hibby
17-04-2016, 07:59 AM
If we got half the tickets there will be no need to do different dates.

I was just thinking that higher loyalty points could get 1st dibs, after all, what's the point in the scheme if there's no benefit?

Regardless, hopefully 2 per ST

Carheenlea
17-04-2016, 08:00 AM
As long as those who have supported the club throughout the season get their tickets, I'm not really too bothered how any remainder are distributed.

marinello59
17-04-2016, 08:03 AM

Maybe because the reality of family life means that for some Hibernian supporting families the upfront commitment of one season ticket is all they can afford. Seems a fair reward to offer an extra cup final ticket by way of thanks.

killie-hibby
17-04-2016, 08:06 AM
What about a totally different way of allocation ? I get fed up of hearing about armchair fans etc . What about first tickets go to those who travel the furthest ? I am sure a lot of people travel further than me but 100 miles each way is still quite a slog and how many living in Edinburgh would go to every game if it took 5 hours there and back including parking etc

I agree 100% that distance be added to the ticketing equation but with the provision that those who have supported Hibs the longest go to top of the queue.
Another brilliant idea would be for Leeann to proclaim a letter writing contest whereby supporters would in no more than 150 words describe why they deserve a ticket more than anybody else. Leeann,Rod,Alan and Tam could be the judges.
Whatever allocation method is used I am sure that anyone who really wants to attend will get a ticket. I get fed up with all those threads with supporters/fans claiming their status is more deserving than others.

easty
17-04-2016, 08:08 AM

You don't, but you'll get the argument about rewarding ST holders loyalty by giving them 2 tickets. It's not an argument that makes sense, but it'll be the argument that's made.

marinello59
17-04-2016, 08:09 AM
I was just thinking that higher loyalty points could get 1st dibs, after all, what's the point in the scheme if there's no benefit?

Regardless, hopefully 2 per ST

There is no benefit to be gained given the amount of tickets we will get. There really would be no point adding an extra layer of admin in.

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Maybe because the reality of family life means that for some Hibernian supporting families the upfront commitment of one season ticket is all they can afford. Seems a fair reward to offer an extra cup final ticket by way of thanks.

Every fan who's in that situation should have to complete a business case to get the extra ticket that they won't be using. :greengrin

Greenworld
17-04-2016, 08:35 AM
First come first served I suggest this is the fair way to do an orderly 20000 que

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2016, 08:45 AM
I won't be

✋then c ya!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 08:49 AM
You don't, but you'll get the argument about rewarding ST holders loyalty by giving them 2 tickets. It's not an argument that makes sense, but it'll be the argument that's made.

I don't think existing STs should get 2 as standard but if STs for next season come into play then those of us who have renewed should.

If the tickets are allocated per ST then I have 2 valid, one for this season and one for next, so should get the same allocation as those with one or the other ie 1 ticket per valid ST.

Greenworld
17-04-2016, 08:50 AM
✋then c ya!!

That's not nice I will be abroad and not back

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Remember there is another way to jump the queue, hospitality can be bought. This gets you a ticket before season tickets and loyalty points. :devil:

marinello59
17-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Every fan who's in that situation should have to complete a business case to get the extra ticket that they won't be using. :greengrin

PowerPoint presentations are go. 😃

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Remember there is another way to jump the queue, hospitality can be bought. This gets you a ticket before season tickets and loyalty points. :devil:

I hope the prawns on their sandwiches aren't cooked properly and they all get skitters :devil:

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2016, 08:56 AM
I hope the prawns on their sandwiches aren't cooked properly and they all get skitters :devil:

To be fair, the amount of free drink does that to me anyway. :wink:

rotherhamrob
17-04-2016, 09:09 AM
Well to be honest,I'm not even going to try for a ticket due to not having enough points, so I've now got 2 choices, watch it at home or travel up to Edinburgh on the day and watch it in a hibs pub.
Well that was an easy decision, I'll get my tickets this week, all I need now is a couple of recommendations for pubs that will be bouncing.

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2016, 09:15 AM
That's not nice I will be abroad and not back

Aw sorry mate...misunderstood your posts....in that case let's hope it's a party on the beach for u!!! So will u miss play offs I presume too?? (Should we get that far? )

Greenworld
17-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Aw sorry mate...misunderstood your posts....in that case let's hope it's a party on the beach for u!!! So will u miss play offs I presume too?? (Should we get that far? )

Yup will be in tenerife plenty hibs friendly bars though

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2016, 09:25 AM
Yup will be in tenerife plenty hibs friendly bars though

😎👍

matty_f
17-04-2016, 09:33 AM
I think/hope we go down the route of a ticket for every season ticket holder, and another if they've renewed.

The club could definitely do with the significant boost that could have on season ticket sales for next season, which would be great.

Rory
17-04-2016, 09:34 AM
I don't think season ticket holders should get two tickets but I'm sure some might disagree

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 09:37 AM
I don't think season ticket holders should get two tickets but I'm sure some might disagree

I agree with that. One each then it goes to loyalty points for non ST holders, IMO.

marinello59
17-04-2016, 09:47 AM
I think/hope we go down the route of a ticket for every season ticket holder, and another if they've renewed.

The club could definitely do with the significant boost that could have on season ticket sales for next season, which would be great.

Agreed. The club need to maximise the benefit of reaching the cup final. Everybody on max loyalty points has a season ticket anyway so no need to bring them in to play.

Super_JMcGinn
17-04-2016, 10:07 AM

I don't think anyone can argue with the fairness in that point. :top marks

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2016, 10:10 AM
2 per ST held, if you have renewed you get 4 and then, loyalty points and then general sale.

Shrekko
17-04-2016, 10:10 AM
I wasn't there but have well over 400 points. Suppose that makes me unloyal.

Definitely not. It does make you disloyal though. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 10:15 AM
I don't think anyone can argue with the fairness in that point. :top marks

It could be argued against, certainly. Two tickets per ST holder could potentially mean that somebody who never attends is at the final whilst somebody with loyalty points is sitting at home. As loyalty points are designed to reward attendance, that couldn't be fair. No system is perfect, and somebody will always be unhappy, but attendance must be the key indicator of access to games where demand outstrips supply. I would support one per ST holder then waves of tickets released in relation to loyalty points, as I think it's best of way of ensuring that those who have been along to watch the team get a ticket. If the spouse/parent/child of a ST holder has been attending, they will get a ticket from their own loyalty points. If they haven't been attending, that's just too bad; they must hope for general sale.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 10:17 AM
2 per ST held, if you have renewed you get 4 and then, loyalty points and then general sale.

WE have one ST in our name, why should we get two cup final tickets each? That's 16,000 of the allocation gone instantly, leaving much less opportunity for non ST holders with loyalty points.

sleeping giant
17-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Current season ticket holders should/will be guaranteed a ticket . Current season ticket holders who have renewed for next season should get 2.
New season ticket holders should get 1.

If you want tickets for cup finals , buy a season ticket.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Current season ticket holders should/will be guaranteed a ticket . Current season ticket holders who have renewed for next season should get 2.

Spot on.

Worked before so why change it? Do that and then allocate on loyalty points (excluding those who already have tickets through STs until the general sale).

HH81
17-04-2016, 10:21 AM
WE have one ST in our name, why should we get two cup final tickets each? That's 16,000 of the allocation gone instantly, leaving much less opportunity for non ST holders with loyalty points.

He is on the windup.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 10:21 AM

All season ticket holders should get one, IMO. If you want a second ticket for somebody else, that second person must also buy a ST for next season.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 10:27 AM
All season ticket holders should get one, IMO. If you want a second ticket for somebody else, that second person must also buy a ST for next season.

How is that fair?

Mr A is a current ST holder so gets 1 ticket

Mr B buys a new ST for next season likewise

Mr C falls into both categories but only gets 1? Is 1 of his purchases worth less than the other?

easty
17-04-2016, 10:29 AM
How is that fair?

Mr C falls into both categories but only gets 1? Is 1 of his purchases worth less than the other?

It's fair because Mr C is only one person, so only needs one seat. If Mr C's plus one wants a ticket then they should get in line with everyone else who doesn't have a season ticket. They're not more deserving of a ticket, just because thier partner/brother/dad/mate Mr C has renewed his ST.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 10:31 AM
How is that fair?

If you have a ST you get one. Mr C will get one, as he's a current ST holder, but he can't have another because he's renewed for next year: tickets are for THIS YEAR'S final. If we get to the final next year, he'll be guaranteed another ticket then. I've renewed for the past fifteen years, but I'm not expecting fifteen cup final tickets. If anyone becomes a new ST holder whilst cup final tickets are on sale, fair enough, I accept they deserve a ticket; but it should be one ticket per season ticket holder - that must be fair.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 10:33 AM
It's fair because Mr C is only one person, so only needs one seat. If Mr C's plus one wants a ticket then they should get in line with everyone else who doesn't have a season ticket. They're not more deserving of a ticket, just because thier partner/brother/dad/mate Mr C has renewed his ST.

That's how I see it. One man/one woman/one child ST means one ticket each. That is the fairest of all worlds.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 10:33 AM

Mr C is only going to give his ticket to someone who is buying further down the line anyway. They aren't depriving anyone of a ticket. It enables us to have groups sitting together.

It worked well and had mass approval in both 2012 and 2013 so can't see why that should change. It isn't just about cup final tickets either. Thus far we have only sold about 4k STs for next year, anything that encourages people to buy or renew should be encouraged.

Glesgahibby
17-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Did anyone who got a tickets delivered for yesterday's game get a separate voucher?
I got a receipt/voucher saying please retain this voucher.
Never had this before.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 10:35 AM
If you have a ST you get one. Mr C will get one, as he's a current ST holder, but he can't have another because he's renewed for next year: tickets are for THIS YEAR'S final. If we get to the final next year, he'll be guaranteed another ticket then. I've renewed for the past fifteen years, but I'm not expecting fifteen cup final tickets. If anyone becomes a new ST holder whilst cup final tickets are on sale, fair enough, I accept they deserve a ticket; but it should be one ticket per season ticket holder - that must be fair.

So I take it you weren't a hyprocrite and didn't take 2 tickets in 2012 or 2013?

easty
17-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Did anyone who got a tickets delivered for yesterday's game get a separate voucher?
I got a receipt/voucher saying please retain this voucher.
Never had this before.

Wonka's Golden Ticket? :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 10:36 AM
So I take it you weren't a hyprocrite and didn't take 2 tickets in 2012 or 2013?

I went with my dad, who is also a ST holder, and we bought one each. Same this year.

marinello59
17-04-2016, 10:38 AM
I went with my dad, who is also a ST holder, and we bought one each.

No mates then? :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 10:39 AM
No mates then? :greengrin

If they want a ticket, get to the games and build up some loyalty points, or wait for general sale.

But no, nae mates :greengrin

easty
17-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Mr C is only going to give his ticket to someone who is buying further down the line anyway. They aren't depriving anyone of a ticket. It enables us to have groups sitting together.

It worked well and had mass approval in both 2012 and 2013 so can't see why that should change. It isn't just about cup final tickets either. Thus far we have only sold about 4k STs for next year, anything that encourages people to buy or renew should be encouraged.

I do get where you're coming from, but doing it your way means that someone who doesn't go to games could get a ticket while someone who does go, might not. I think pretty much everyone who really wants to go will get a ticket, but they might not, and is that fair?

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 10:42 AM
I do get where you're coming from, but doing it your way means that someone who doesn't go to games could get a ticket while someone who does go, might not. I think pretty much everyone who really wants to go will get a ticket, but they might not, and is that fair?

I don't see how.

Even if every current ST holder renewed and took 2 that's still only 14000 tickets. If we allocated the rest by loyalty points all regular attendees would still get one of the 7 or 8000 tickets still available.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2016, 10:44 AM

It allows us the opportunity to take other folk as part of a group and rewards us for putting our money up front. Many of the non season holders with loyalty points will be the benefactors of these tickets anyway.

Glesgahibby
17-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Wonka's Golden Ticket? :greengrin
👍

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2016, 10:45 AM
He is on the windup.

No he isn't.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 10:48 AM
It allows us the opportunity to take other folk as part of a group and rewards us for putting our money up front. Many of the non season holders with loyalty points will be the benefactors of these tickets anyway.

But it isn't rewarding you, it's rewarding somebody who might never go to a game, possibly at the expense of somebody with loyalty points. If the other person also buys a ST, then by all means give them a cup final ticket.

bigwheel
17-04-2016, 10:49 AM

I agree - I think Hibs should offer some incentive to those who have renewed, or do renew. There's clearly a risk of a drop for next season - so why not try to secure some extra ST income and pay it back with a cup final ticket or two ...

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 10:52 AM
I agree - I think Hibs should offer some incentive to those who have renewed, or do renew. There's clearly a risk of a drop for next season - so why not try to secure some extra ST income and pay it back with a cup final ticket or two ...

If the second person wanting a cup final ticket must first buy a season ticket for next year, there would be no drop. In fact there would be an increase in ST holders.

HH81
17-04-2016, 10:54 AM
No he isn't.

Cool. Hibs would never go for it I'm sure.

blackpoolhibs
Loyalty seems to have been the buzz word this season, :devil: So reward those that have put their money into Hibs by buying season tickets and HSL.

One ticket for your season ticket and anyone who's bought into HSL who's not a season ticket holder one for them too.

If you buy a season ticket for next season then you are in the 3rd tier, if you dont already have a ticket then i'd give them one too.

Then loyalty points for whats left.

Simple. :greengrin

bigwheel
If the second person wanting a cup final ticket must first buy a season ticket for next year, there would be no drop. In fact there would be an increase in ST holders.

Yep...That was my point ...guarantee a cup final ticket if you get an ST for next year

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2016, 11:06 AM
But it isn't rewarding you, it's rewarding somebody who might never go to a game, possibly at the expense of somebody with loyalty points. If the other person also buys a ST, then by all means give them a cup final ticket.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

Keith_M
17-04-2016, 11:11 AM
How is that fair?

Mr C gets a ticket for the Final. How is that unfair?

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Mr C gets a ticket for the Final. How is that unfair?

DH1875
17-04-2016, 11:33 AM
You've only got one arse. Your reward for your season ticket is your guaranteed cup final ticket. Celtic have close on 40k season ticket holders so half of them ain't even gonna get a ticket. Can you imagine the outrage on here if your season ticket didn't even get you a final ticket never mind 2. Why should a season ticket holders mum, dad, gran, Grandad, brother get a ticket for the game ahead of someone who's even only been to 4 or 5 games this season never mind more. And as for this needing to sit next to your mate carry on, it's a Scottish cup final FFS. Couldn't and won't give a duck who I'm sitting next to as long as I'm there. There'll be 20k hibees roaring the team on, we'll all be each others mates for the day.

*disclaimer* If any of my friends or acquaintances do indeed get 2 tickets then can the please keep me in mind when dishing out their spare.

Itsnoteasy
17-04-2016, 11:44 AM
I don't think existing STs should get 2 as standard but if STs for next season come into play then those of us who have renewed should.

If the tickets are allocated per ST then I have 2 valid, one for this season and one for next, so should get the same allocation as those with one or the other ie 1 ticket per valid ST.

Agree 100% with what you are saying. But the season ticket for next season is open to abuse. As was for the final we all want to forget. People were signing up for a season ticket for the following season guaranteeing them a cup final ticket. Then cancel the direct debit after receiving their cup final ticket.

Keith_M
17-04-2016, 11:50 AM
I'd like to put on record that, if Hibs did give two tickets to current and next season ST holders, I would be guaranteed a ticket for the final (if I wanted and was able to go).

However, I still stick to the opinion that a single person only needs the guarantee of one ticket.

----

One possible effect of 2 tickets per person is that we could end up with Celtc Fans in the Hibs end, instead of genuine Hibbies that only go occasionally and were unfortunate enough not to have contacts with spares.

Don't try to tell me that no Hibby would ever give his ticket to a Celtc Fan, because it happened in 2013

Itsnoteasy
17-04-2016, 12:14 PM
I'd like to put on record that, if Hibs did give two tickets to current and next season ST holders, I would be guaranteed a ticket for the final (if I wanted and was able to go).

However, I still stick to the opinion that a single person only needs the guarantee of one ticket.

----

One possible effect of 2 tickets per person is that we could end up with Celtc Fans in the Hibs end, instead of genuine Hibbies that only go occasionally and were unfortunate enough not to have contacts with spares.

Don't try to tell me that no Hibby would ever give his ticket to a Celtc Fan, because it happened in 2013

Is your crystal ball telling you Celtic are going to win

Andy74
17-04-2016, 12:22 PM

Agree. I think 2 per season ticket just allows a good way to distribute quickly and in decent groups.

In most cases they will go to people who would be buying anyway. I doubt that many go to people who never go at all.

Not fussed either way but no need for a complex loyalty points structure on this one.

Bishop Hibee
17-04-2016, 12:36 PM
It should be 2 tickets per ST holder. We are the lifeblood of the club.

SunshineOnLeith
17-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Ultimately, if offering 2 tickets each to ST renewals helps Hibs shift more STs, then that's what they should do.

Nobody who regularly attends games ever misses out on a ticket for a cup final, so if a few people's mates etc have to miss out so Hibs can sell more STs, so be it.

DH1875
17-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Ultimately, if offering 2 tickets each to ST renewals helps Hibs shift more STs, then that's what they should do.

Nobody who regularly attends games ever misses out on a ticket for a cup final, so if a few people's mates etc have to miss out so Hibs can sell more STs, so be it.

I've missed out on a cup final ticket before so that's not true.

Brightside
17-04-2016, 12:57 PM
1 Per ST holder and 1 to each of those attending the semi.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2016, 01:01 PM

Too late to announce that now,no record of who went to the semi.

DH1875
17-04-2016, 01:07 PM

We have bigger games to come. I think the playoffs games will come into it when they decide how to sell the tickets.

Callum7
17-04-2016, 01:11 PM
When will the final tickets be on sale?

Hermit Crab
Too late to announce that now,no record of who went to the semi.

Especially those who paid at the gate. Their purchases won't be on record.

Hermit Crab
When will the final tickets be on sale?

Not for about 2-3 weeks.

Bostonhibby
17-04-2016, 01:42 PM
My cousin was there with his mate who supports the rangers. Was my cousins first game this season even though he is a hibby

LustForLeith
17-04-2016, 02:50 PM
How is that fair?

So it's true. Mr C from The Shamen is a Hibs fan

Callum_62
17-04-2016, 02:52 PM
I hope Hibs TV members get some kind of priority too

Glory Lurker
17-04-2016, 03:01 PM

Bs are good, Bs are good

Edinburgh Hibees are good

Pete
17-04-2016, 03:03 PM
180 points

90 points

1 point

Bed wetters

General sale.

Keith_M
17-04-2016, 03:13 PM
I've got some spare tickets, anybody wanna buy some....

:greengrin

Disaclaimer: The tickets are for SV Unterhaching (near Munich). Flights not included :wink:

StevieC
17-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Celtic have close on 40k season ticket holders so half of them ain't even gonna get a ticket.

None of them are gonna get a ticket! :wink:

LustForLeith
17-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Bs are good, Bs are good

Edinburgh Hibees are good

Least we've got a song for Mr C

h18eeynick
17-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Had a look at cost of hospitality - £320 a head inc vat !they can get stuffed at that

FromTheCapital
17-04-2016, 03:57 PM

I play Saturday football so I've not got a season ticket but I've picked up a decent number of points this year and haven't missed one Scottish cup game or midweek game this season. Surely it should go to loyalty points and not ST holders?

Frazerbob
17-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Had a look at cost of hospitality - £320 a head inc vat !they can get stuffed at that

Where you seeing this?

leither17
17-04-2016, 04:59 PM

I met Mr C once and I asked him what the C was for and he said sailing ships in

Itsnoteasy
17-04-2016, 05:06 PM

Ludicrous

Bostonhibby
17-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Ludicrous

:agree: Pricey but its the lengths some of us have to go to see our team as we don't qualify any other way and generally cant get enough tickets for a group to go together - there's also a cheaper package where the meal is less choice and no free booze. We used it for the League cup and it was decent for £99.

Its possible to make a decent hole in the more expensive package as it includes all the drink you can "sensibly" order. Free bar before and the hour after. Nowt like being on the terrace but needs must.

HibsNutter
17-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Why on earth would Hibs implement a loyalty scheme that rewards fans for their attendance by giving them priority to buy tickets for big games, then not use the loyalty points scheme for the biggest game of the season?

SlickShoes
17-04-2016, 07:02 PM
How come points have stopped being added to accounts? I haven't had any points added since the league cup semi final but have 4 or 5 ticket purchases.

Since90+2
17-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Why one earth would Hibs implement a loyalty scheme that rewards fans for their attendance by giving them priority to buy tickets for big games, then not use the loyalty points scheme for the biggest game of the season?

Exactly. :top marks

Hermit Crab
17-04-2016, 07:46 PM
How come points have stopped being added to accounts? I haven't had any points added since the league cup semi final but have 4 or 5 ticket purchases.

So many tickets available for most games that points is not an issue.

SlickShoes
17-04-2016, 08:14 PM
So many tickets available for most games that points is not an issue.

so there was a cut off for building up loyalty points?

Billy McKirdy
17-04-2016, 08:16 PM

Good call, been a subscriber fir a few years now.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 08:17 PM
so there was a cut off for building up loyalty points?

I wasn't aware points weren't still being awarded as I don't really check mine. However the scheme is under review so maybe they have just called a halt on adding anymore points.

SunshineOnLeith
17-04-2016, 08:26 PM
If the loyalty points scheme is to be quietly forgotten about for next season perhaps the cup final represents a good opportunity to revert back to a simpler method for ticket allocation.

mcfly
17-04-2016, 09:26 PM
It will be season ticket holders first and if u have renewed you can buy 2.

Then prob a public sale

Frazerbob
17-04-2016, 09:30 PM
It will be season ticket holders first and if u have renewed you can buy 2.

Then prob a public sale

So you think the Loyalty Points system won't be used?

Gatecrasher
17-04-2016, 09:41 PM
I think it's in the interest of the club to go for 1 per STH, 1 per ST bought for next year then loyalty points based .

Callum_62
18-04-2016, 07:06 AM

where did you see this? I doubt the details have been confirmed yet?

its its 320 quid a gead, thats mentally expensive....unless that includes all drip and a proper slap up meal etc

which would still be expensive right enough!

Nicho87
18-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Not a season ticket and cant afford to stump up that cash in a oner. St should rightly always get awarded first but being a walk up fan and missed maybe 2 home games, i would like walk ups to be next on a list of order rather than general sale where a guy whos not been all season has the same chance as us walk ups.

StevieC
18-04-2016, 07:48 AM
The club will, quite rightly, try to encourage additional season ticket sales for next season by adding a ticket to new season tickets bought.

My guess is ..

First wave
*Season tickets 2015-16 1 ticket
*Season tickets 2016-17 1 ticket
90+ loyalty points 1 ticket

Second wave
1 loyalty point 1 ticket

Third wave
General sale

* This may be converted to loyalty points equivalent if 2016-17 season tickets can be added to loyalty points total, but I suspect it might be easier to say "season tickets" to allow sales right up until the date tickets go on sale

Peanut Shaz
18-04-2016, 07:58 AM
To put a bit of a different slant on this debate. You could say there are gloryhunters in every sport, look at the queues for Wimbledon every year. Do these people attend tennis tournaments in their home towns week in, week out? I doubt it. Rugby internationals are full of day trippers who wouldn't know their local team from Adam. International cricket, Grand Prixs to name a few. Not everyone at these events are full time supporters of these sports but they want to be at the big events. I totally agree we need to find a better way of allocating tickets to some sections of our support but we're not alone with this problem.

DH1875
18-04-2016, 07:59 AM
Think the gap between 1 point and 90 points is to much. Maybe go something like 1-50, 51-90 and 90+. Enough tickets to make sure everyone with 90+ gets a ticket so no need to set it any higher and will help out people who want to sit in groups.

That said, think it's a cert the club will bring the playoff games into it and maybe even our last home game before them, would be daft not to.

StevieC
18-04-2016, 08:04 AM
That said, think it's a cert the club will bring the playoff games into it and maybe even our last home game before them, would be daft not to.

I don't think the time scales will allow that to be factored in. It's possible that we won't even know if we are in play-off finals by the time the tickets go on sale.

DH1875
18-04-2016, 08:31 AM
I don't think the time scales will allow that to be factored in. It's possible that we won't even know if we are in play-off finals by the time the tickets go on sale.

We do know we will be in the playoffs though. Put together a package of: Queen of the South game, first playoff home game (Raith or Falkirk) and the cup final. Fill out Easter road for two huge games and cash in at the same time. £75, bargain and would be well worth it.

itslegaltender
18-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Why give an additional ticket to those season ticket holders that have renewed. ~All that would do is give a season ticket holder the chance to give a ticket to some random day tripper who ends up getting a ticket ahead of those with 200+ points?

marinello59
18-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Why give an additional ticket to those season ticket holders that have renewed. ~All that would do is give a season ticket holder the chance to give a ticket to some random day tripper who ends up getting a ticket ahead of those with 200+ points?

If somebody has over 200 points they will be going to the final anyway.
Anything that sees ST uptake improved is a good thing, the club need as many of us buying them as possible.

RoYO!
18-04-2016, 08:38 AM

As the club need to shift as many ST's as possible. Especially if we don't get promoted. The walk-ups will dry up even more than they have this season.

marinello59
18-04-2016, 08:40 AM
We do know we will be in the playoffs though. Put together a package of: Queen of the South game, first playoff home game (Raith or Falkirk) and the cup final. Fill out Easter road for two huge games and cash in at the same time. £75, bargain and would be well worth it.

Do we really need an incentive to go to the play off games? :confused:

SON OF PADDY
18-04-2016, 08:41 AM

Why not reward the people that have already Renewed their ST.
Call it whatever you want, I reckon it's justified.😉

Brightside
18-04-2016, 08:43 AM
To put a bit of a different slant on this debate. You could say there are gloryhunters in every sport, look at the queues for Wimbledon every year. Do these people attend tennis tournaments in their home towns week in, week out? I doubt it. Rugby internationals are full of day trippers who wouldn't know their local team from Adam. International cricket, Grand Prixs to name a few. Not everyone at these events are full time supporters of these sports but they want to be at the big events. I totally agree we need to find a better way of allocating tickets to some sections of our support but we're not alone with this problem.

Thats totally different to those that put money in the club at the start of every season. Without them the club wouldn't be able to operate. F1, Cricket, Tennis does not survive on gate receipts.

Ozyhibby
18-04-2016, 08:49 AM
22,000 tickets available and our home crowds hovering about the 8,000 mark, I think anybody that does not get a ticket for this can have no complaints what so ever.
I don't care what method they use to distribute but would like them to try encourage people to buy next years season ticket because we need the money. If that results in a bit of 'unfairness' then so be it. With that amount of tickets nobody who regularly attends will miss out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
18-04-2016, 08:51 AM

Nobody with 200+ points would miss out. There are plenty tickets available.
We need a boost to next years season ticket sales.

Ozyhibby
18-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Do we really need an incentive to go to the play off games? :confused:

Some probably do. Crowd was poor for last years game against Sevco.

Hibernian Verse
18-04-2016, 08:58 AM
22,000 tickets available and our home crowds hovering about the 8,000 mark, I think anybody that does not get a ticket for this can have no complaints what so ever.
I don't care what method they use to distribute but would like them to try encourage people to buy next years season ticket because we need the money. If that results in a bit of 'unfairness' then so be it. With that amount of tickets nobody who regularly attends will miss out.

This. I rarely agree with your posts but this is spot on. :greengrin:

Mikey09
18-04-2016, 09:16 AM

Agree. I don't have a season ticket as I work most weekends but take annual leave sometimes to make games, swap shifts to make midweek games. Try to get to as many games as possible. Doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else. However I completely agree ST holders should be looked after first as they are undoubtedly the guys who put their cash up front. If I get a ticket, fantastic! If I don't then I'll still be cheering my team on to a famous win!! GGTTH :thumbsup:

SlickShoes
18-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Some probably do. Crowd was poor for last years game against Sevco.

Official crowd was 14,742 and more than half of the South was closed. Didn't think it was that bad an attendance really.

Peanut Shaz
18-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Thats totally different to those that put money in the club at the start of every season. Without them the club wouldn't be able to operate. F1, Cricket, Tennis does not survive on gate receipts.

Totally accept that and agree that we need to look after our supporters. Not arguing about allocation of tickets etc. Just stating that every sporting event has gloryhunters that don't go near the sport the rest of the year.

killie-hibby
18-04-2016, 09:21 AM

The SPFL would knock back discounted play off tickets. Last season they instructed clubs as to the minimum price of tickets. Leeann objected but if I remember correctly had to comply. Slightly going away from the gist of this thread I may be wrong but was there not an issue in that the TV and gate money was distributed to all SPFL clubs,thereby the club at the top of the premier division (celtic) got more than clubs involved in the play offs.

Apologies, I was referring to post no 197 from DH1875

Frazerbob
18-04-2016, 09:32 AM
I don't get why ST holders renewing for next year should get a 2nd ticket (I didn't get it the last couple of finals either). People are saying it's rewarding them for buying again for next year but it isn't, it's rewarding their mate, who may not have otherwise qualified through the points system. Use the loyalty point system with renewal points factored in, this is exactly the type of game it was introduced for.

Diclonius
18-04-2016, 09:36 AM
One thing's for sure - the SFA will do their best to go "OH HIBS HERE YOU HAVE 4,000 TICKETS IN THE EAST AND IF YOU DONT SELL THEM OUT IN 2 HOURS WERE GIVING THE REST OF THE STADIUM TO RANGERS LOL" or some ***** like that.

Half the stadium, from day one of the sale. I want a decent view.

Frazerbob
18-04-2016, 09:37 AM
One thing's for sure - the SFA will do their best to go "OH HIBS HERE YOU HAVE 4,000 TICKETS IN THE EAST AND IF YOU DONT SELL THEM OUT IN 2 HOURS WERE GIVING THE REST OF THE STADIUM TO RANGERS LOL" or some ***** like that.

Half the stadium, from day one of the sale. I want a decent view.

It will be a 50/50 split, the precedent has been set.

G B Young
18-04-2016, 09:51 AM
The club will, quite rightly, try to encourage additional season ticket sales for next season by adding a ticket to new season tickets bought.

My guess is ..

First wave
*Season tickets 2015-16 1 ticket
*Season tickets 2016-17 1 ticket
90+ loyalty points 1 ticket

Second wave
1 loyalty point 1 ticket

Third wave
General sale

* This may be converted to loyalty points equivalent if 2016-17 season tickets can be added to loyalty points total, but I suspect it might be easier to say "season tickets" to allow sales right up until the date tickets go on sale

Why just one ticket per person? That just makes it a hassle for folk to get seats together. Why not two tickets per season ticket holder in the first wave, which would account for circa 14-15,000 tickets. Follow that with a second wave of sales based on loyalty points where everyone is entitled to two tickets each, and then whatever's left can go on public sale. Bear in mind season ticket holders will also have a lot of loyalty points so may not need to buy more tickets in the second wave.

Doing it that way would shift the tickets quickly and ensure they were bought by those who put the most money into the club. There will also be a number of fans who decide not to attend with their kids due to the fact the game's against Rangers and the atmosphere will be unpleasant (unlike the 'family friendly' League Cup final) so I'd be surprised if there weren't still a few thousand tickets left for public sale.

Frazerbob
18-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Why just one ticket per person? That just makes it a hassle for folk to get seats together. Why not two tickets per season ticket holder in the first wave, which would account for circa 14-15,000 tickets. Follow that with a second wave of sales based on loyalty points where everyone is entitled to two tickets each, and then whatever's left can go on public sale. Bear in mind season ticket holders will also have a lot of loyalty points so may not need to buy more tickets in the second wave.

Doing it that way would shift the tickets quickly and ensure they were bought by those who put the most money into the club. There will also be a number of fans who decide not to attend with their kids due to the fact the game's against Rangers and the atmosphere will be unpleasant (unlike the 'family friendly' League Cup final) so I'd be surprised if there weren't still a few thousand tickets left for public sale.

Who cares who quickly the tickets are shifted as long as they go to the people who deserve them? For a game like this , where demand will out strip supply and unlike the League Cup Final, it needs be one per person and the Loyalty System must be used for every ticket sold.....IMHO of course. Some will argue that the precedent was set in 2012 and 2013 where ST sales for the following season got a ticket however that was before the Loyalty Scheme was introduced. I understand the argument about maximising ST sales for next year and not everyone will be happy with the final arrangements.

SJM
18-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Does anyone not really get a ticket for any final perhaps maybe the hearts one? Celtic ones people were selling them all over the shop.

Frazerbob
18-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Does anyone not really get a ticket for any final perhaps maybe the hearts one? Celtic ones people were selling them all over the shop.

True, for the Celtic game my group ended up with a few extra after everyone scavenged around in blind panic.

easty
18-04-2016, 10:38 AM
Have the Bounce already got their block booking tickets booked for the final? :greengrin

Billy Whizz
18-04-2016, 11:14 AM

In one was I agree with you, but selling season tickets for next season is more important to Hibs than selling cup final tickets

SJM
18-04-2016, 11:17 AM
True, for the Celtic game my group ended up with a few extra after everyone scavenged around in blind panic.

Yeah and there was folk selling tickets out the ground too!

HappyHanlon
18-04-2016, 11:23 AM
Current ST = 1 ticket
Renewed ST =1 ticket.

It's the only way.

Entirely up to the individual who they give 2nd ticket to. They could smoke it at full time for all I care.

That said, anyone flogging their 2nd ticket for higher than the asking price should be reported and banned from final (also deduct them loyalty points).

DH1875
18-04-2016, 11:53 AM

I misses out in the 2001 cup final. Was gutted and raging both at the same time. Was back in the day when semifinal stubs were ment to mean something, they didn't for me.

Think the problem for me is I don't live or come from Edinburgh so when it comes to getting a ticket I don't have as many contacts as others.

Andy74
18-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Current ST = 1 ticket
Renewed ST =1 ticket.

It's the only way.

Entirely up to the individual who they give 2nd ticket to. They could smoke it at full time for all I care.

That said, anyone flogging their 2nd ticket for higher than the asking price should be reported and banned from final (also deduct them loyalty points).

I think given the level we've been at and the size of crowds we have had, the 7 or 8,000 who continued to purchase season tickets should be allowed at least the 2 to do what they will with - there is a finite demand in any case and these tend to find their way to the people who would be buying them in the general sale anyway, it just allows groups to organise things more easily.

Nicho87
18-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Sorry if already asked or I'm being daft, but are .net running a bus for the final. Thanks. Steven

JimBHibees
18-04-2016, 12:03 PM
I think given the level we've been at and the size of crowds we have had, the 7 or 8,000 who continued to purchase season tickets should be allowed at least the 2 to do what they will with - there is a finite demand in any case and these tend to find their way to the people who would be buying them in the general sale anyway, it just allows groups to organise things more easily.

I would agree with that.

hailhail22
18-04-2016, 12:07 PM
In one was I agree with you, but selling season tickets for next season is more important to Hibs than selling cup final tickets

I was going to get a season ticket for next season but can't afford £380 straight out my wage so was going to do the payment plan but I've just noticed you only had until the 8th of April 😁😁 will they be likely to have another window for it ?

SlickShoes
18-04-2016, 12:27 PM
I was going to get a season ticket for next season but can't afford £380 straight out my wage so was going to do the payment plan but I've just noticed you only had until the 8th of April  will they be likely to have another window for it ?

I doubt it, but they may re-open it now if they think they can get people signed up to it for the cup final ticket. It's one of the few ways it becomes affordable for many people.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Hibs would be mental not to use this opportunity to sell season tickets:

Anybody with a current ST gets 1 ticket and anybody buying a season ticket for 16/17 gets 2 tickets ..... including first time buyers ... giving current ST holders renewing 3 tickets :greengrin

iwasthere1972
18-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Keep it simple.

Two tickets each for season ticket holders. Three if you still have your semi final ticket.

The rest can fight amongst themselves.

CapitalGreen
18-04-2016, 12:39 PM
I doubt it, but they may re-open it now if they think they can get people signed up to it for the cup final ticket. It's one of the few ways it becomes affordable for many people.

For 2014/15 season they offered another payment plan, however it was 4 payments as opposed to 11.

"After receiving feedback from supporters and consultation with the Working Together group, Hibernian has reintroduced a four part payment plan to spread the cost of attending home matches at Easter Road.

The new payment plan consists of four monthly instalments at 0% interest and is available across all seasonal membership categories including the Edinburgh Suite. The Club will pay your interest."

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk.p.preprod.performgroup.com/page/theMission

adhibs
18-04-2016, 12:53 PM
360+ points get 2
90+ get 1

Would be fair id say. Consecutive season ticket holders get the two they deserve for renewing and lets the non st holders but regulars, like me, get their hands on one for attending throughout the season. Step down to 50 points or so then a general sale if needed.

StevieC
18-04-2016, 01:02 PM

If you've renewed for 2016-17 then you will get 2 tickets.
Hibs allocated 90 loyalty points to half season tickets, so this needs to be taken into account. I don't think that they would place a half-season ticket holder ahead of a "walk-up" that had attended most home games, so it has to be 90+ loyalty points.
By including season ticket holders and 90+ loyalty points in first wave you are allowing the majority of supporters to get seats together.

They may well have a two stage drop for loyalty points after the first wave, but I suspect they won't want to over complicate matters.

I haven't purchased a 2016-17 season ticket, so would miss out on an extra ticket, but I still think that the club will use this as an opportunity to push for more season tickets. The club would be missing (IMO) a good business opportunity if they didn't do this.

Since90+2
18-04-2016, 01:02 PM
You cant have the first wave as 360 points as not all current season ticket holders would not be included. Current season ticket holders will need to be in the first wave , regardless of whether they renew or not.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2016, 01:21 PM
ST holder or not,if you attend games regularlyI doubt you'll have too much trouble getting a ticket.If you don't attend regularly you might not find it as easy which is pretty fair to be honest. I'm sure lots of ST holders will look after folk anyway.

JimBHibees
18-04-2016, 01:55 PM
If you've renewed for 2016-17 then you will get 2 tickets.
Hibs allocated 90 loyalty points to half season tickets, so this needs to be taken into account. I don't think that they would place a half-season ticket holder ahead of a "walk-up" that had attended most home games, so it has to be 90+ loyalty points.
By including season ticket holders and 90+ loyalty points in first wave you are allowing the majority of supporters to get seats together.

They may well have a two stage drop for loyalty points after the first wave, but I suspect they won't want to over complicate matters.

I haven't purchased a 2016-17 season ticket, so would miss out on an extra ticket, but I still think that the club will use this as an opportunity to push for more season tickets. The club would be missing (IMO) a good business opportunity if they didn't do this.

Makes complete sense and would be surprised if that wasnt the case.

Nicho87
18-04-2016, 01:57 PM
is .net running a bus?

HibernianJK
18-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Can anyone remember how the tickets were distributed for LC semi vs St Johnstone.

I understand we had much smaller allocation however something similar to that would be OK with mabye ST renewers rewarded.

iwasthere1972
18-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Can anyone remember how the tickets were distributed for LC semi vs St Johnstone.

I understand we had much smaller allocation however something similar to that would be OK with mabye ST renewers rewarded.

Tickets for the Semi Final of the Scottish League Cup presented by Utilita go on sale from today (Wednesday 6 January).

We have received an allocation of approximately 11.5k tickets. Tickets for this match will be sold over 4 waves based on the following points:

10am Wednesday 6th -12th January: 180 points (approx. 8000 supporters)

10am Wednesday 13th – 17th January: 90 points (approx 10000 supporters)

10am Monday 18th January: 1 point (approx. 20000 supporters)

10am Friday 22nd January: General sale

:aok:

SJM
18-04-2016, 03:22 PM
I misses out in the 2001 cup final. Was gutted and raging both at the same time. Was back in the day when semifinal stubs were ment to mean something, they didn't for me.

Think the problem for me is I don't live or come from Edinburgh so when it comes to getting a ticket I don't have as many contacts as others.

Hard lines mate. I'm sure everyone with a Livi stubb got a ticket though?

EH54
18-04-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm positive we got our 2001 Final tickets because of our Livingston Stubbs

HibernianJK
18-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Tickets for the Semi Final of the Scottish League Cup presented by Utilita go on sale from today (Wednesday 6 January).

We have received an allocation of approximately 11.5k tickets. Tickets for this match will be sold over 4 waves based on the following points:

10am Wednesday 6th -12th January: 180 points (approx. 8000 supporters)

10am Wednesday 13th – 17th January: 90 points (approx 10000 supporters)

10am Monday 18th January: 1 point (approx. 20000 supporters)

10am Friday 22nd January: General sale

:aok:

Cheers.

As most have said I can see something similar.

2 if you have renewed
1 if ST holder this season
Then 90pts
Then 1pt

EH54
18-04-2016, 03:32 PM
I don't mind too much but think there should be a wave between 1pt-89pts

But doubt it will matter too much as i think there will be a general sale anyway

StevieC
18-04-2016, 03:41 PM
180 points (approx. 8000 supporters)
90 points (approx 10000 supporters)
1 point (approx. 20000 supporters)

Assuming that some supporters have now moved up a level in each of these categories .. then a "guesstimate" might be ..

180+ (walk-ups and season ticket holders 2015-16) - 9,000
180 (season ticket holders 2016-17) - 4,000
90+ (walk-ups and half-season ticket 2015-16) - 3,000

That would give a first wave of no more than 16k (although I suspect nearer 14k as not everyone will use their allocation). So everyone that has attended at least 10 home games over the last 2 seasons will be guaranteed a ticket, and the ability to purchase tickets with their friends.

If I am close with the above figures, then there might be around 5-6,000 tickets left to share amongst 10k with at least 1 loyalty point (although I suspect a large number of those will be catered for in the first wave by friends/family with the odd spare) so it might take two waves of loyalty points below 90 to filter down more fairly.

Possibly putting aside the 2016-17 season ticket allocation (which I think the club has to offer), does it look like a fair way to allocate tickets?

DH1875
18-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Hard lines mate. I'm sure everyone with a Livi stubb got a ticket though?

Apparently it went to a ballot (questioned it at the time) and a few 100 fans missed out.

DH1875
18-04-2016, 03:48 PM
I don't mind too much but think there should be a wave between 1pt-89pts

But doubt it will matter too much as i think there will be a general sale anyway

Would agree with that.

HibsMax
18-04-2016, 03:50 PM

I haven't seen anything about that. I don't have an annual sub but I pay monthly. Nothing about loyalty points on my Hibernian TV Profile. I hope that Hibs allocate some tickets to Hibs TV viewers, or just international fans in general, since I doubt that would eat into the entire allocation that much. Maybe I'm grossly underestimating the pull of another Scottish Cup final but I'm thinking there won't be more than a couple of hundred fans making their way back from overseas?

Iceman1875
18-04-2016, 03:55 PM
I am a walk up but have accumulated 85 loyalty points this season. I was there on Saturday and going again on Wed. Frustrating as my chances of a cup final ticket are slim if non existent.

At Easter Road we play...

EH54
18-04-2016, 03:56 PM
They did it for the final against County and i know the tickets were hardly hard to come by but I think they may do it again maybe before the General sale...

marinello59
18-04-2016, 04:04 PM
Apparently it went to a ballot (questioned it at the time) and a few 100 fans missed out.

It did go to a ballot of some sort. I thought I had missed out but noticed the day before the game that my cheque had been cashed. Turned out my tickets were in the ticket office instead of being posted out. The club sent them to me by courier.

DH1875
18-04-2016, 04:05 PM
I am a walk up but have accumulated 85 loyalty points this season. I was there on Saturday and going again on Wed. Frustrating as my chances of a cup final ticket are slim if non existent.

At Easter Road we play...

If you go to all our remaining home games you'll have over 100 points. Think you've a great chance of getting a ticket.

Iceman1875
18-04-2016, 04:07 PM
If you go to all our remaining home games you'll have over 100 points. Think you've a great chance of getting a ticket.

[emoji1303]

SJM
18-04-2016, 04:30 PM

I had a season but you learn something new every day. That sucks!

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2016, 04:45 PM
People who bother their arse home and away
People who bother their arse home
The fairweather fuds

:greengrin