PDA

View Full Version : Opinions; who would you prefer

Greencore
16-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Who would you prefer wins tomorrow? Celtic or the Rangers ?

KWJ
Rangers.

Full squad available for us and they aren't as good. Reckon we could take them on Tuesday too.

They'd still be heavy favourites mind.

Keith_M
Maybe you could make this a Poll?

Greencore
16-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Yeah I will I think! Looks like most fans favouring Rangers if your having a drink to celebrate have one for me!

HoboHarry
16-04-2016, 03:47 PM
Celtic for me. Sevco are everything that is ugly in Scottish football in my opinion, and I never want to see them achieve anything. If we play Celtic and win, we have beaten the Scottish champions which will make it all the sweeter and if we are to get beaten I would rather lose to Celtic than be on the pitch when Sevco win their first major trophy. Not to mention the penalty help (or two) that Sevco will get from the strategically SFA picked referee.

Stokes and Henderson will be a huge loss but we can still do this.......

SteveHFC
16-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Rangers. Would be the best feeling in the world pumping those twats in the final.

Andy74
16-04-2016, 04:07 PM
We would have a better chance against Rangers. It's as simple as that surely?

IWasThere2016
16-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Rangers.. We need Henderson

murray26
16-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Celtic.. The Huns will be mega pumped up against us IMO.. More chance of beating Celtic..

Mango Man
16-04-2016, 04:26 PM
I would prefer Celtic, couldn't handle seeing The Rangers win it, they've already romped the league, for them to do a double of sorts over us, would be really bad.

Celtic will be expected to have it in the bag, but they are nothing special this season, and our record against top league teams has been great.

Rangers have done us a few times this season, not played Celtic yet.

Gatecrasher
16-04-2016, 04:29 PM
If we play Celtic and don't win do we get a euro spot?

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 04:32 PM
If we play Celtic and don't win do we get a euro spot?

No, that rule was scrapped.

The Europa League spot would go to the highest placed side in the Premiership that hasn't already qualified.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 04:35 PM
I want to play Sevco.

They aren't as good as Celtic, don't have a striker who is anywhere near as good as Leigh Griffiths (plus it would be soul destroying if he scored the winning goal against us in the final) and we can also play Henderson and Stokes against Sevco as well.

I would love to end the 114 year wait and pump these ******** in the final as well.

I think Celtic will win tomorrow though.

pontius pilate
16-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Celtic for me even though rangers would be slightly easier and we would have stokes and Henderson if they were to win wouldn't sit easy with me

Gatecrasher
16-04-2016, 04:43 PM
No, that rule was scrapped.

The Europa League spot would go to the highest placed side in the Premiership that hasn't already qualified.
In that case either one of them.

buktapurple79
16-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Celtic. Our name is on the Cup this year and I want to beat another SPL outfit to win it.

paddy1875
16-04-2016, 04:48 PM
I'm going to say Celtic.

We'd loose two players playing again them yes, but it would maybe prompt Stubbs into changing the formation and we would go into it massive underdogs.

Plus I don't think I could handle losing to them after handing them the league

GreenLake
16-04-2016, 04:52 PM
I don't care - two cheeks of the same erse.

MickeyEdwards
16-04-2016, 05:00 PM
I want to play Sevco.

They aren't as good as Celtic, don't have a striker who is anywhere near as good as Leigh Griffiths (plus it would be soul destroying if he scored the winning goal against us in the final) and we can also play Henderson and Stokes against Sevco as well.

I would love to end the 114 year wait and pump these ******** in the final as well.

I think Celtic will win tomorrow though.

Not long back from Hampden and I, and the group I was with at the match today, agree with the view that you have expressed! :agree:

I would love to beat Celtic though and the thought of LG scoring against us in that Final would be disappointing for him as well as all Hibees!

GGTTH

GreenCastle
16-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Has to be sevco - same league. We know about them and the players know them well.

Plus we have Henderson and Stokes available which with our lack of depth is important.

We will be underdogs whoever we play so suits me.

Will definitely sell out and be an extra load of money which is much needed.

Colr
16-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Celtic for me. Sevco are everything that is ugly in Scottish football in my opinion, and I never want to see them achieve anything. If we play Celtic and win, we have beaten the Scottish champions which will make it all the sweeter and if we are to get beaten I would rather lose to Celtic than be on the pitch when Sevco win their first major trophy. Not to mention the penalty help (or two) that Sevco will get from the strategically SFA picked referee.

Stokes and Henderson will be a huge loss but we can still do this.......

Do we get Europe is we play Celtic and they win the league?

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 05:08 PM

See post 12.

chrisski33
16-04-2016, 05:11 PM
either tbh i just cant see how some think we can beat either in my opinion! but you never know!

Colr
16-04-2016, 05:12 PM
See post 12.

Oh, well. We'd only last one game anyway.

hibee
16-04-2016, 05:13 PM
Celtic, Rangers are a horrible cheating club that don't deserve to be anywhere near a final and sharing a stadium with them for a final is not a nice experience.

ruthven_raiders
16-04-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm going to say Celtic.

We'd loose two players playing again them yes, but it would maybe prompt Stubbs into changing the formation and we would go into it massive underdogs.

Plus I don't think I could handle losing to them after handing them the league

Exactly this,go in as massive underdogs against celtic and they were the team we beat in 1902, if it was rangers, then there would be expectation of beating the huns....

Thecat23
16-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Couldn't give a toss if I'm honest. I got my pic taken with the Scottish Cup yesterday and removed the curse! First part done, yous can thank me in May 😁👍🏼

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Exactly this,go in as massive underdogs against celtic and they were the team we beat in 1902, if it was rangers, then there would be expectation of beating the huns....

How did that work out in 2013 and 2001?

I don't think we would have any expectations of beating a side that is likely to finish around 20 points ahead of us in the league either, although it would be the easier of the two sides.

PeterboroHibee
16-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Its a difficult one.

Rangers are the poorer team, but our record against them so far this season hasnt been great.

Celtic have a better team but a poor manager, and their record under him in the cups isnt great. Losing Henderson and Stokes as options would be a blow (Henderson more than Stokes imo), but equally I dont think the current formation is particularly effective, and Stokes and Cummings dont really seem to work as a pair, so it might force Stubbs into trying something different.

Mikey09
16-04-2016, 05:26 PM
The Rangers. We need Hendo and Stokes. They would be without King, O'Halloran and Forrester. I think we have a much better chance of beating them than Celtic.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Has to be sevco - same league. We know about them and the players know them well.

Plus we have Henderson and Stokes available which with our lack of depth is important.

We will be underdogs whoever we play so suits me.

Will definitely sell out and be an extra load of money which is much needed.

:agree: Huns. Would like to get them back for '79 and put a wee wry smile on Nijinski's face... :greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
16-04-2016, 05:58 PM

No, but if we win we get to enter Europe a round after the yams.

Or in other words we enter after they have been knocked out. [emoji4]

Jones28
16-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Rangers. Having Henderson and stokes would be a boost

dalkeith stu
16-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Oh, well. We'd only last one game anyway.

Only planning on playing the 1st leg???

paddy1875
16-04-2016, 08:26 PM

To be fair tho....

10 pints deep...

I'll go with....

Sooooooooooo

Bring on your hearts, your Celtic, Rangers!!!!!!

Onion
16-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Sevco and Celtic are playing for the cup tomorrow. With a poor Hibs in the final, that's the way they'll see it and who could blame them. So it's Sevco for me. Beating Celtic would be bigger than winning the cup itself and we'd have Stokes and Hendo available. (Still think Stokes has got one great game in him for Hibs, and it might as well be the cup final).

Canon Hannan
16-04-2016, 08:49 PM
If it's Celtic it will be a friendly day. No hassle and mixed pubs. SEVCO will be vile and I am not going near that game. Enjoyed meeting and talking to United fans. That is what the game is about. Hibs v Celtic green final and we will have no pressure to win. SEVCO Hibs will be a high pressure match.

Famous Fiver
16-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Hope there is a stramash, 4 sent off from each side and we can take them both on, one after the other!!!

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2016, 08:52 PM
For the better chance of winning, Rangers; for the more pleasant experience, Celtic.

**** it, I'll take my chances and wear a crash helmet against the Huns.

Mr White
16-04-2016, 08:58 PM
If it's Celtic it will be a friendly day. No hassle and mixed pubs. SEVCO will be vile and I am not going near that game. Enjoyed meeting and talking to United fans. That is what the game is about. Hibs v Celtic green final and we will have no pressure to win. SEVCO Hibs will be a high pressure match.

Nope the game is about winning. Beating rangers or their current incarnation at hampden to win the cup? Bring it the **** on :aok:

Canon Hannan
16-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Nope the game is about winning. Beating rangers or their current incarnation at hampden to win the cup? Bring it the **** on :aok:

Think SEVCO would be up for it more than Celtic. We could sneak a win!? 😛

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 09:04 PM

You can shove the "green final" idea.

Hate that mob every bit as much (sometimes even more so) than Sevco.

They're all nice and pally with us when they're humping us and putting us in "our place" but it's a different story on the odd occasion that we've managed to beat them.

To hell with the pair of them.

Mr White
Think SEVCO would be up for it more than Celtic. We could sneak a win!? 😛

Celtc have better players and we'd be without 2 of ours though.

Ginger Gehagan
The sticky buns for me, love to beat them in the final and they wont have a game for 3 weeks before it. :thumbsup:

IberianHibernian
16-04-2016, 09:17 PM
If it's Celtic it will be a friendly day. No hassle and mixed pubs. SEVCO will be vile and I am not going near that game. Enjoyed meeting and talking to United fans. That is what the game is about. Hibs v Celtic green final and we will have no pressure to win. SEVCO Hibs will be a high pressure match.Agree . 2001 and 2013 finals were disappointing results but good days out with a good atmosphere in Glasgow before , during and after matches . That would not be the case against The Rangers which would be a case of go to match and get out of Glasgow . For many people who travel by car or supporters bus it probably makes no difference but for the many others who use train etc it makes a big difference and later kick off means more pissed fans of both finalists so more possible problems .

Mr White
16-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Agree . 2001 and 2013 finals were disappointing results but good days out with a good atmosphere in Glasgow before , during and after matches . That would not be the case against The Rangers which would be a case of go to match and get out of Glasgow . For many people who travel by car or supporters bus it probably makes no difference but for the many others who use train etc it makes a big difference and later kick off means more pissed fans of both finalists so more possible problems .

Aye but against the cavemen we'd have a better chance of lifting the ****ing cup!!

IberianHibernian
16-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Aye but against the cavemen we'd have a better chance of lifting the ****ing cup!!Agreed . We`re going to go into final with either 2 weeks or 1 week since last playoff match or hopefully only 4 days ( though surely we should protest about dates and suggest both playoff final matches are played after cup final ? ) .

Glorious St Pat
16-04-2016, 09:55 PM

They're all nice and pally with us when they're humping us and putting us in "our place" but it's a different story on the odd occasion that we've managed to beat them.

Hibby Hun

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Hibby Hun

Aye ok. :aok:

Albanian Hibs
16-04-2016, 09:59 PM

"Not going near the game".... 😂😂😂

Albanian Hibs
16-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Hibby Hun

😂😂😂 what a stupid thing to say

JimBHibees
16-04-2016, 10:15 PM

Rangers as we would have a better chance and would be more of an even game plus Stokes and Henderson would play.

iwasthere1972
16-04-2016, 11:39 PM
The Rangers.

Hi Heid Yin
16-04-2016, 11:58 PM
The Rangers (Sevco) will beat Celtic and in doing so will have done well to reach a cup final having been in existence only a few seasons.
However, Hampden has recently become Hibs 2nd home.
I fancy us to beat them 2-1 AET