PDA

View Full Version : Gutted we won today

The_Horde
16-04-2016, 03:30 PM
It's going to ruin our chances of promotion.

sleeping giant
16-04-2016, 03:32 PM

How on earth does the result today affect our chances in the play offs ?

My_Wife_Camille
16-04-2016, 03:33 PM
deary me

KWJ
Couldn't disagree more.

The final isn't until after the first leg of the playoff final. If we lose the final and blow a good position in the 2nd leg of the final then maybe you have a point.

I reckon just getting through to it should be a big enough boost to the team that it considerably outweighs the potential of the above.

HappyHanlon
Good grief

Benny Brazil

You must be at the wind up - your gutted at seeing your team will a game?

The_Horde

Just quoting what the doom merchants were saying pre match pal.

I'm delighted.

ancient hibee
16-04-2016, 03:34 PM

Winning a semi final is not a matter for jokes:greengrin

Keith_M
Nowadays I really can't tell when people are using irony or sarcasm.

alhibby
Dont feed the troll:troll:

Lago
Cant quite see the correlation to be honest, think you are just trying to be controversial.

The_Horde
16-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Nowadays I really can't tell when people are using irony or sarcasm.

:hilarious see above post pal.

My_Wife_Camille
16-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Don't be absurd. You'd rather we'd lost?!

If anything it's the confidence boost we've sorely needed for weeks. Also a big cash boost for the club, even if we don't get promoted. An finally, yet another chance, albeit probably a slim one, to finally end this Scottish Cup curse.
Will you no be at the rugby anyway?

Mantis Toboggan
16-04-2016, 03:39 PM
Some people have no sense of humour!

G B Young
16-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Will you no be at the rugby anyway?

:greengrin No rugby on Scottish Cup final day. Wasn't at Hampden today but still delighted.

SanFranHibs
16-04-2016, 03:48 PM

I assumed he was speaking in jest.

This could be the spark. I have refrained from voicing my disappointment the past few weeks or so. I, like most, find it difficult to understand how we have become so bad and how Stubbs seems unwilling or unable to turn it round. Our good run covered a few dreadful performances and included some escapes. However, I still think, this squad, fit and healthy playing with a bit more 'swagger' can certainly get through the promotion playoffs. The final will take care of itself. That is either Conrad Logan becoming another Budgie 'legend' or another Cup final defeat. As far as I am concerned the Cup is secondary. (And the dream I wrote on here 2 days ago of Cummings scoring the late winner in the final against Celtic is still alive).

It has been a disappointing league campaign but promotion is still in our hands!!!

A 90th minute defeat in one Cup Final, a quick return for the Scottish Cup final and still in the hunt for promotion.

We can still have a year that will go down in Hibernian history as a great year.

:flag:

HiBremian
16-04-2016, 04:13 PM
In a funny way, if we make the play-off final, it might be the first Scottish Final we go into without the usual butterflies. Bigger fish and all that....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ShinyFantastic
16-04-2016, 04:28 PM
What a load of absolute nonsense. Surely we'd all rather win this damn thing once and for all and get promoted next year. All this "bigger fish to fry" stuff gets on my nerves. If we were in the premiership our biggest ambition would be to win the cup anyway so what difference is there now?

inglisavhibs
16-04-2016, 04:34 PM
What a load of absolute nonsense. Surely we'd all rather win this damn thing once and for all and get promoted next year. All this "bigger fish to fry" stuff gets on my nerves. If we were in the premiership our biggest ambition would be to win the cup anyway so what difference is there now?
Must agree it's the cup for me. Dreamt for a very long time of seeing the bus coming down to the foot of the walk. promotion will happen even if it's not this season. I understand other points of view but for a lot of us older supporters it would be a dream come true.

poolman
16-04-2016, 04:41 PM

Stick yer brainless heid in the gas oven then

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Stick yer brainless heid in the gas oven then

deary me, no need surely

HiBremian
16-04-2016, 04:44 PM
deary me, no need surely

Aye, and read the thread first!

Wee Effen Bee
16-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Erm, I'm positive the OP was being ironic/sarky. Bring it on - our season goes to the last kick of the ball and I for one am pleased at that. How many teams are envious of us making the final by the way - most I'd reckon? The play offs will take care of themselves as I'm sure the boys will be happier playing meaningful games than training.

Franck Stanton
16-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Silly, thoughtless thread. Joke or not, still very bad taste.

Wee Effen Bee
16-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Silly, thoughtless thread. Joke or not, still very bad taste.
Living up to your user name aye?:greengrin

Monts
16-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Trolling

chinaman
16-04-2016, 05:17 PM
At coatbridge heading north .
oh hampden in the sun in may
**** all the trolling Saville ****
g.I. r.u.p. the beasts loads money to the cabbage

Wilson
16-04-2016, 05:31 PM
It is promotion for me. When we win 'the holy grail' we'll discover that it is ONLY a cup. An achievement yes. There to be won certainly. Only a cup.

Any season we are not pushing for third in the top flight, not in third and trying to find the key to closing the gap, then we are not where the club belongs. Currently we are in the wrong division. "There is always next year" isn't good enough in this case.

ShinyFantastic
16-04-2016, 06:03 PM
It is promotion for me. When we win 'the holy grail' we'll discover that it is ONLY a cup. An achievement yes. There to be won certainly. Only a cup.

Any season we are not pushing for third in the top flight, not in third and trying to find the key to closing the gap, then we are not where the club belongs. Currently we are in the wrong division. "There is always next year" isn't good enough in this case.

"Only a cup"? We can't win the top league, it's very unrealistic for us to ever go on a run in Europe so what is the point going by your logic? We might as well give up.

JIm
16-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Beyond belief 😂

poolman
16-04-2016, 06:08 PM
deary me, no need surely

No need for what exactly ?

Franck Stanton
16-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Living up to your user name aye?:greengrin

Two things -

1. So do you think it is a sensible thread?

2. As for my user name, -- anyone who knows me will testify that "Grumpy" is the farthest from the truth about me, if I was one of the 7 dwarfs, "Grumpy " I'm not, Most would describe me as "Happy". Hope that clears things up a wee bit for you.

Carheenlea
16-04-2016, 08:01 PM

:hilarious

Can tonight of all nights, can we not at least enjoy a Jambo free night?

Famous Fiver
16-04-2016, 08:05 PM
If we had lost today we could have hearts'ed it.

Stiffed our creditors, stole from charities, employed people on the sex offenders register.

I'll go to my grave thanking him above for making me a Hibby.

Borderhibbie76
17-04-2016, 09:12 AM
If we had lost today we could have hearts'ed it.

Stiffed our creditors, stole from charities, employed people on the sex offenders register.

I'll go to my grave thanking him above for making me a Hibby.
100% mate...could be in championship for next 10 years but thank F#$& I'm no a bloody Saville 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk