PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v Utd

KWJ
16-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Logan - 10. Can't think of a better goalkeeping performance. Ever, especially considering the circumstances.

Gray - 9. Best game in a long time, deserved better with his forward runs and crosses and solid at back with a few big headers.
McGregor - 7. Not great but he bailed out Hanlon a couple of times and made some big tackles.
Hanlon - 5. Worst game I've seen from him in a long time. Don't think he lost a header but was caught out far too often. Great pen.
Stevenson - 8. Similar to Gray but just slightly not as commanding.

McGinn - 6. Passed by and ran it out a few times. Great pen.
Bartley - 9. Solid, dependable and vital.
Henderson - 7. Missed him when he went off, best playmaker.
Fyvie - 4. Always available for a pass but brutal in possession. His Opta stats will surely make horrific reading.

Stokes - 7. Looked lively but his demeanour on the pitch is so negative. Great link up with Henderson. Dropped very deep to be involved.
Cummings - 6. Mental. Absolutely mental.

Farid - :(

Dagnell - Barely touched it.

Boyle - Great pen but didn't use his abilities during the game.

NYHibby
16-04-2016, 03:17 PM
I think that is pretty fair. Although I don't think McGinn was 2 points better than Fyvie.

Tyler Durden
16-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Logan - 10. Can't think of a better goalkeeping performance. Ever, especially considering the circumstances.

Gray - 9. Best game in a long time, deserved better with his forward runs and crosses and solid at back with a few big headers.
McGregor - 7. Not great but he bailed out Hanlon a couple of times and made some big tackles.
Hanlon - 5. Worst game I've seen from him in a long time. Don't think he lost a header but was caught out far too often. Great pen.

Fyvie - 4. Always available for a pass but brutal in possession. His Opta stats will surely make horrific reading.

Stokes - 7. Looked lively but his demeanour on the pitch is so negative. Great link up with Henderson. Dropped very deep to be involved.

I think Gray would be worthy of a 9 until he reaches the final third. His crossing was appalling. The time he flashed it past Cummings head, why couldn't he deliver it to feet?

Stevenson's final ball wasn't much better and soured otherwise good shifts from both for me.

KWJ
16-04-2016, 03:30 PM
I think Gray would be worthy of a 9 until he reaches the final third. His crossing was appalling. The time he flashed it past Cummings head, why couldn't he deliver it to feet?

Stevenson's final ball wasn't much better and soured otherwise good shifts from both for me.

Thought it was a great ball, why didn't Cummings head it?

Neither of them are Figo and they have very little to pick out in the box. Reckon both of them did okay or better with their crossing, just so little to hit.

Fyvie's cross, with time, on the other hand :grr:

Pretty Boy
16-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Logan 20/10

The rest were the supporting cast in a fairytale.

hibee_girl
16-04-2016, 03:34 PM

I thought both their crossing was fine today, it doesn't help when they don't have many teammates in the box to aim for, odds on the opposition player will get the ball

Scooter
16-04-2016, 04:44 PM
I thought both Fyvie and Bartley had fantastic games. Fyvie had a couple missed placed passes but over all I thought he was great

Andy74
16-04-2016, 04:46 PM

Mental giving Fyvie a 4! Gray at 9 is just about as bizarre.

O'Rourke3
16-04-2016, 04:52 PM
I thought both Fyvie and Bartley had fantastic games. Fyvie had a couple missed placed passes but over all I thought he was great

I had a couple of experts behind me. Fyvie was too slow at getting rid of the ball. When he did try a couple of quick passes - which tbf were misplaced - he got the same pelters for not holding on to the ball. Neither thought Lewis brought much to the game today either.

Bartley was immense today - seems to keep improving and is now at least heading the ball far better than at the start of the season.

truehibernian
16-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Marvin Bartley gave one of the most complete defensive midfield performances I've seen from a Hibs player in years. Not only midfield, on occasion playing last man and centre half.

Logan absolutely deserves the plaudits, magnificent debut and all round keeping - but watch the game again and rate Marvin - what a desire and engine.

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2016, 05:02 PM
:faf: Fyvie a 4, give me a break...

Logan - 10, Great performance.

Gray - 7 - Solid defensively, nothing for him to target with any of his crossing opportunities.

Hanlon and McGregor - 8, both had great games

Lewis - 7 - Worked hard, solid defensively.

Bartley - 8 - Great performance, won his battles all day.

Fyvie - 8 - Everything good went through him, was everywhere and only gave the ball away because he made about 150 passes and played 2 different positions...his and Mcginns

John McGinn - 5 - Didn't get going at all, great penalty though.

Henderson - 7 - Worked hard, we were poorer when him and Stokes went off.

Stokes - 7 - some great touches, very good play with the ball at his feet.

Cummings - 6 - Never chip a ****ing penalty again and you'll be fine.

dmc1875
16-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Logan 10 - stuff of dreams

gray 7- tired badly but worked hard and got up and down like he used to
mcgregor 6 - not overly worked looked dodgy at times
Hanlon 6- see mcgregor
stevenson 7- same as gray

Bartley 9 - immense defensive midfield performance
Fyvie 7- makes a difference but his passing forward is so frustrating and he needs to work on this
mcginn 6- nothing of note but worked hard
henderson 6- see McGinn

stokes 6 - ok surprised to see him come off before Cummings
cummings 5- in and out of the game and THAT attempted penalty

farid shouldn't have been used, Boyle didn't offer much going forward but tracked back for a tiring gray well and Dagnall was just, Dagnall.

PPZPOL
16-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Fyvie was pulling his hair out with lack of options from strikers ahead, in particular Cummings who either doesn't know where to run or can't be arsed doing it....can't decide which one it is. A few times Fyvie had a go at him and even looked over to bench to let them know what he was after. In summary, he was never a 4!!!!!

Super_JMcGinn
16-04-2016, 05:18 PM
:faf: Fyvie a 4, give me a break...

Logan - 10, Great performance.

Gray - 7 - Solid defensively, nothing for him to target with any of his crossing opportunities.

Hanlon and McGregor - 8, both had great games

Lewis - 7 - Worked hard, solid defensively.

Bartley - 8 - Great performance, won his battles all day.

Fyvie - 8 - Everything good went through him, was everywhere and only gave the ball away because he made about 150 passes and played 2 different positions...his and Mcginns

John McGinn - 5 - Didn't get going at all, great penalty though.

Henderson - 7 - Worked hard, we were poorer when him and Stokes went off.

Stokes - 7 - some great touches, very good play with the ball at his feet.

Cummings - 6 - Never chip a ****ing penalty again and you'll be fine.
You must have been watching a diff player if you think Hanlon had a great game, he was absolutely dreadful.

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2016, 05:21 PM
You must have been watching a diff player if you think Hanlon had a great game, he was absolutely dreadful.He had 1 poor moment to let them in, aside from that he was very good and his distribution was on point. Haven't you made a fool of yourself in the past when it comes to Hanlon?

john18722
16-04-2016, 05:23 PM

Bartley had a great game in terms of breaking their play up. I thiugh Fyvie had a terrible game, constantly gave the ball away

Captain Trips
16-04-2016, 05:25 PM
I would say that what Cummings tried today was as bad as any keeper throwing one in.

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Logan saved the game for us.

Three lapses in concentration from our centre backs don't get them pass marks.

I thought although gray got forward his final ball was terrible.

Fyvie and McGinn and Henderson were poor.

Bartley was outstanding.

Cummings was poor and stokes was decent and prob didn't deserve to be taken off.

The farid situation is a little embarrassing and I feel sorry for him. Dagnall managed to take the pressure off us a few times by holding the ball. Boyle didn't do much.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Northernhibee
16-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Logan - 10 - MOTM

Gray - 8 - Caused them no end of problems to the point where they had to make a change in the 1st half
McGregor - 7 - good player
Hanlon - 6 - shakey
Stevenson - 8 - huge amount of work

McGinn - 6 - Exhausted but still gave as much as he could.
Bartley - 10 - just as important as Logan
Henderson - 8 - great link up play with Stokes
Fyvie - 7 - Looked good

Stokes - 8 - great link up play with Hendo
Cummings - 3.5 - has regressed hugely as a footballer in the last three months and his arrogance and ego gets the best of him over the good of the team. Didn't cause them any problems and was far too often completely anonymous.

madhibee_again
16-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Already been touched on, but due to the amount Fyvie sees the ball he is ultimately going to give it away a few times. However he is always available and makes us tick, we've missed him big time. Unfortunately the mistake he makes seem to be "big" mistakes so are highlighted more. Those berating him should count the number of passes he makes in a game next time he plays. Not doubting he makes the odd mistake and it's something he need to work on but we are a much better team with him in it.

Super_JMcGinn
16-04-2016, 05:33 PM
He had 1 poor moment to let them in, aside from that he was very good and his distribution was on point. Haven't you made a fool of yourself in the past when it comes to Hanlon?
I would say you're the fool but opinions huh ?

MickeyEdwards
16-04-2016, 05:36 PM

:agree:

100%

dl33
16-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Already been touched on, but due to the amount Fyvie sees the ball he is ultimately going to give it away a few times. However he is always available and makes us tick, we've missed him big time. Unfortunately the mistake he makes seem to be "big" mistakes so are highlighted more. Those berating him should count the number of passes he makes in a game next time he plays. Not doubting he makes the odd mistake and it's something he need to work on but we are a much better team with him in it.

Spot on

Sammy7nil
16-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Logan - 9 no one gets a ten

Gray - 7

Hanlon 7

McGregor 8

Lewis - 6

Bartley. 8

Fyvie - 7

John McGinn - 6

Henderson - 7

Stokes - 2

Cummings - 1

TAHibby
16-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Brienne of Tarth - 10

lapsedhibee
16-04-2016, 06:02 PM

Thought it was a great ball, why didn't Cummings head it?

Quite. Cummings spent the whole game desperately trying to avoid heading the ball. Is it about his hairdo? His flapping made Nishy seem like a highly trained salmon.

Hiber-nation
16-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Logan, McGregor and Bartley all get 8 or more. The others...slightly less.

Who cares, we're in the Final!!!

Spudster
16-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Brienne of Tarth - 10

:faf:

Col2
16-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Logan was a 10, Bartley and 8 and Gray a 6 or 7.

Unfortunately the rest of the team and subs were poor so mix of 4's or 5's.

We got lucky today make no mistake, not complaining and Logan almost single handily got us to the final.

BSEJVT
16-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Logan - 9 reminded me of Burridge

Gray - 7 needs to work on final fall

Hanlon 6 a couple of really bad lapses in concentration

McGregor 7 as high a mark as could be expected in a defender that shipped that many chances

Lewis - 7 likewise

Bartley. 9 Guy is a machine

Fyvie - 7 did well considering how long he has been out. Passing needs to improve to really kick on

John McGinn - 6 looks very very tired

Henderson - 6 likewise

Stokes - 5 I don't know if he is instructed to sit so deep it not Wtf? some nice link ups / touches, but not the player he once was

Cummings - 4 has gone back quite a but in form and looks more like last seasons player than the more complete team player of early this season.

Wants booted hard up the arse for that penalty.

Farid 0 Must have played his last game for Hibs. Especially if he told them he was fit to play. Contributed nothing.

Boyle 3 bad day at the office, nit one thing came off other than penalty

Dagnall. 2 have yet to see one thing from him that would persuade me to extend his stay

KWJ
16-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Interesting the differing opinions on Fyvie and Gray.

Thought Gray was back to his best. Pushed forward with quality in the first hour and defended well throughout, some crucial headed clearances.

Fyvie I admired for always showing for it and he was well involved unlike McGinn. He harried and made a nuisance but I don't think he won the ball back much unlike Bartley. And his passing was horrific, it wasn't just the odd stray pass. He was like Scott Allan in the Falkirk semi in that he kept going for the killer pass but it wasn't working at all. Even his short passing was guff. 2 that stood out were his attempted cross that made Lewis look like Beckham and when he was running back, Bartley won the ball and Fyvie passed it back towards our goal and straight to the opposition.

I like Fyvie, I'd play him pretty much every game just now but he was poor.

EDIT - A positive shout for Fyvie was his first half effort, think it clipped the bar.

On another note it's fun to see Gail taking his/her moment to blast Hanlon once again, even if he's almost right this time :greengrin

James.
16-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Brienne of Tarth - 10

Well done :not worth

hibsbollah
16-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Interesting how different everyone saw the game today. Two players pulled us across the line as far as I'm concerned. A lot of tired legs after what will be a historically long season.

Logan 10. He IS Mr Incredible.

Gray 6 Solid defensively, final ball mostly poor.

Hanlon 4 Shocking lapses, particularly first half. Not back to his pre injury from at all. Saved by the player(s) behind and in front of him.

McGregor 4 see Hanlon.
Stevenson 6 see Gray.

Bartley 9 Outstanding. Again. I want to see him at Hibs till he retires.

Fyvie 5 agree with the comments about his distribution.

McGinn 6

Henderson 6

Stokes 5

Cummings 5 Impossible to grade really. A shocking execution of a stupid idea but he redeemed himself with the winner.

Subs
Boyle unsaveable penalty.

Farid beyond belief. I feel for the guy but we can't go on like this.

KWJ
16-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Interesting how different everyone saw the game today. Two players pulled us across the line as far as I'm concerned. A lot of tired legs after what will be a historically long season.

Like you say, seeing it differently but I really don't think David Gray played a single bad ball today. Little doubt he did, but I can't recall one and I thought his crosses were decent. McGinn and/or Henderson need to be getting in the box to offer an option, Cummings seems to hide behind a centre half and Stokes is often outside the box too.

And FWIW I'm surprised at this as I'd have started Gunner over Gray!

Fergus52
16-04-2016, 09:44 PM

generous to gray and mcginn, far too harsh on Fyvvie, our midfield looks so much better with him in it

J-C
16-04-2016, 10:01 PM

Logan 10. He IS Mr Incredible.

Hanlon 4 Shocking lapses, particularly first half. Not back to his pre injury from at all. Saved by the player(s) behind and in front of him.

McGregor 4 see Hanlon.
Stevenson 6 see Gray.

Bartley 9 Outstanding. Again. I want to see him at Hibs till he retires.

Fyvie 5 agree with the comments about his distribution.

McGinn 6

Henderson 6

Stokes 5

Cummings 5 Impossible to grade really. A shocking execution of a stupid idea but he redeemed himself with the winner.

Subs
Boyle unsaveable penalty.

Farid beyond belief. I feel for the guy but we can't go on like this.

Pretty much how I saw it, I thought after the Cummings missed penalty we were really poor and looked knackered after 60 mins, only Logan and Bartley get pass marks. For me and I'd give Cummings a 2, one for putting the strip on and one for scoring his penalty, was a waste of a jersey all game, can't pass, can't jump and never lifts his head, if it wasn't for his scoring record he'd be nowhere near the Hibs side.

marleyhib
16-04-2016, 10:01 PM

We got lucky today make no mistake, not complaining and Logan almost single handily got us to the final.

Exactly How I saw it too

Lancs Harp
16-04-2016, 10:06 PM
I thought we played quite well in the first half but struggled a lot after. Obviously the main thing is we won but lets not kid ourselves we played well throughout the game.

For me our only players to emerge from the game in credit were Logan and Bartley.

I thought Fyvie started well but too many times picked the wrong pass and was indecisive or too slow picking the right ball. Henderson and McGinn were both off the pace and have been for some time.

Thrilled to bits we are In the final but not kidding myself we played well today because apart from the first half hour we didn't. If we'd have lost on penalties this board would have been in melt down tonight.

Big smile on my face tonight though :greengrin

GGTTH

FromTheCapital
16-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Logan (10) - Absolute fairytale stuff. It was just written in the script. Well done big man!

Gray (7) - Very solid defensively and constantly got forward but sometimes, that final ball evaded him.

McGregor (8) - Defended strongly throughout. Swept up very well all afternoon.

Hanlon (7) - Would've been a rating higher had he not been caught by a couple of long balls. Excellent penalty, though.

Stevenson (7) - Good performance defensively. Delivery sometimes frustrating. Much like Gray.

Bartley (8) - Rapidly becoming one of my favourite players. Pace in abundance and his ability to shut down counter-attack's is first class.

Fyvie (6) - Great first half. Very contrasting second half. Dictated much of the opening 45 minutes but seemed to fade away as he got more and more tired. Didn't warrant some of the abuse he got, though!

McGinn (6) - Anonymous for a chunk of the game but he worked his socks off for the team and we can't ask for any more. Superb penalty.

Henderson (6) - Found spaces well but often took too many touches. His passion and desire is fantastic to see, however.

Stokes (7) - Very surprised that he was taken off. He was linking the play from midfield to attack extremely well and I think he was a big miss for us after being subbed.

Cummings (5) - He should be thanking Conrad Logan endlessly. Sheer stupidity to attempt THAT penalty but he's a young laddie (and a daft one at that) who will only learn from it. Strolled up with a grin in the shoot out and tucked it away.

Subs:

El Alagui (NR) - Wasted sub. Not his fault but he should never have been in the squad today. Probably won't play for Hibs again.

Boyle (6) - Didn't have his greatest game when he came on but he gave us an extra dimension and worked hard. Fantastic penalty also.

Dagnall (4) - Didn't have much time but his ball retention wasn't great for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
16-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Logan ....... 10 ...... what can you say, the stuff of legends ... it has to be a 10

Gray ........ 7..... I thought he had a good game, up & down all game

Hanlon ..... 6 .... couple of dodgy moments, but stuck at it and a great penalty

McGregor ...6 .... same as Hanlon, but stayed strong

Stevenson ... 6 .... had a good game, but final ball could have been better

Fyvie .... 7 ... in the first 25 minutes he was our best player and drove the team on, a few misplaced passes let him down

Henderson .... 6 .... he can be more effective, a bit quiet

McGinn ..... 6 .... didn't do a lot, he looks tired to be honest

Bartley ..... 9 ..... a great game .... does this guy ever let us down?

Stokes .... 6 ..... he was ok, but he can be better

Cummings ... 6 ... hardly involved, and that penalty was a mistake he never needs to repeat, good nerve to score in the shoot out though

Subs:

Farid .... ( I don't have the heart to score him ) .... oh Farid, its over mate.

Boyle .... 5 .... didn't get much in the final 3rd, great pen though

Dagnall .... 4 .... didn't offer much

We totally dominated the first half and its worrying that we didn't make many clear cut chances against a poor Utd team .... as is all too clear at the moment we clearly seem to tire in the last half hour of games and that's the only reason Utd got back into it in the last half hour and extra time, we are clearly a much better team than them.

Sammy7nil
16-04-2016, 10:43 PM
Pretty much how I saw it, I thought after the Cummings missed penalty we were really poor and looked knackered after 60 mins, only Logan and Bartley get pass marks. For me and I'd give Cummings a 2, one for putting the strip on and one for scoring his penalty, was a waste of a jersey all game, can't pass, can't jump and never lifts his head, if it wasn't for his scoring record he'd be nowhere near the Hibs side.

I gave Jason 1 and Stokes 2 it is like playing a man short those two together.

Brightside
17-04-2016, 12:59 AM
The OP is on drugs. Mcgregor had his best game for hibs. Fyvie 2nd half was a mare

leither17
17-04-2016, 01:10 AM
Very harsh on Fraser in the op

linxall
17-04-2016, 01:25 AM

Good points. Our midfield didn't create much as Utd just passed our (tired) midfield with flick-on headers and the likes.

I admire Alan Stubbs trust in Jason.

He wouldn't make my starting line-up. Yesterday he was lucky not to be subbed but Alan kept him on for the inevitable penalties.

We'll win the final on penalties because we're unlikely to score in regulation time and in open play.

Jones28
17-04-2016, 01:50 AM
Brienne of Tarth - 10

😂

17-04-2016, 02:25 AM
For me.....

Logan ....... 10/10 ...... Fabulous début. Just hope he has more like this in the locker.

Gray ........ 7/10..... Great first half. When DUFC have to me a sub so early into the game to try and stop him you know he's played well.

Hanlon ..... 6/10 .... Few lapses in concentration. Still think he's not fully back up to speed after the injury.

McGregor ...6/10 .... Few lapses but above average pass marks.

Stevenson ... 7/10 .... Worked hard. Never think he fully gets the credit he deserves.

Fyvie .... 6/10 ... thought he struggled at times but put in decent shift.

Henderson .... 6/10 .... Some good link play but drifted in and out the game too much.

McGinn ..... 6/10 .... Bit like Henderson. We know there is more in the locker though.

Bartley ..... 9.5/10 ..... Great performance. Nothing seems to fluster him. Broke up play and did the simple pass. Even looked to get forward to link up.

Stokes .... 5/10 ..... Other than one good shot and one positive link-up didn't offer much in the game. As was right to take him off.

Cummings ... 5/10 ... Could have cost us the game because of his antics. Zero to hero at the end. Probably demonstrated today why the big clubs won't come for him.

Subs:

Farid .... You can't put a score on him. So disappointed for him.

Boyle .... 5/10 .... Other than a good pen didnt offer much when he came on. Mind you at that point we were up against it.

Dagnall .... 3/10 .... Just don't get what he offers us. Probably only brought on because of Farid's injury.

The Ref - 8/10...... Having watched it back think he got the big decisions right although if he hadn't awarded us the penalty you could understand why. Bit soft as watching it back the guy tries to header it and misses and it hits his arm. Good that we're talking about the positives in the game and not the referee suggests he had a decent game.

KWJ
17-04-2016, 06:03 AM
The OP is on drugs. Mcgregor had his best game for hibs. Fyvie 2nd half was a mare

Was maybe a bit harsh on Fyvie as he was better in the first half but it felt so long ago at the time. He won us the pen too.

Never McGregor's best game, he did okay covering for Hanlon and put in a few good tackles like I said. Shocking back pass in first half that made Logan make his first big stop.

Brightside
17-04-2016, 06:47 AM
I would say you're the fool but opinions huh ?

You need help and a tynecastle season ticket

hibee_girl
17-04-2016, 08:15 AM

Maybe not McGregors best game but certainly a massive improvement on the last few weeks.

I thought Fyvie did well today, it was pretty obvious he was going to tire as he's not played much later and maybe he would have been subbed if Farid hadn't got injured again, we'll never know

Paisley Hibby
17-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Logan saved the game for us.

Three lapses in concentration from our centre backs don't get them pass marks.

I thought although gray got forward his final ball was terrible.

Fyvie and McGinn and Henderson were poor.

Bartley was outstanding.

Cummings was poor and stokes was decent and prob didn't deserve to be taken off.

The farid situation is a little embarrassing and I feel sorry for him. Dagnall managed to take the pressure off us a few times by holding the ball. Boyle didn't do much.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

This is a perfect summing up. Spot on mate.

Allant1981
17-04-2016, 08:48 AM
Logan - 9
Gray - 6
Mcgregor - 6
Hanlon - 6
Stevenson - 6
Henderson - 6.5
Fyvie - 7
Bartley - 9
Mcginn - 6
Stokes - 6