PDA

View Full Version : Rangers to win tomorrow

hibeedonald
16-04-2016, 02:52 PM
For any realistic chance of winning the cup we need rangers to win tomorrow. Hopefully with red cards to tavernier and waghorn.

spike220
16-04-2016, 02:53 PM
For any realistic chance of winning the cup we need rangers to win tomorrow. Hopefully with red cards to tavernier and waghorn.

I disagree - We have Logan now!

Northernhibee
16-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Disagree, more chance with Celtic under Deila imo

skipster7
16-04-2016, 02:56 PM
I agree. When Stokes and Henderson went off we couldn't put 2 passes together. We'll need them for the final.

SJM
16-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Rangers to get boabied, no high for Weds!

Mr White
16-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Having a 100% win record against rangers at hampden and 100% getting pumped record v celtc in my lifetime, psychologically it's hard to see celtc as the easier option personally. Especially as we'd be without henderson and stokes.

lapsedhibee
16-04-2016, 02:58 PM
I agree. When Stokes and Henderson went off we couldn't put 2 passes together. We'll need them for the final.

:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2016, 02:59 PM
unfortunately the head says we need a vile bigots win(instead of the lesser vile bigots) we need stokes and henderson in the team

Waxy
16-04-2016, 03:01 PM
We've a brick wall in goal. Names on it.

Ozyhibby
16-04-2016, 03:08 PM
It will happen when it happens. Not going to worry about tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad Martini
16-04-2016, 03:15 PM
I'll take either bigoted shower of ****ers. They are both bad by the standards of old..... ****ing bring then on.

We are the mental....

skipster7
16-04-2016, 03:18 PM
2 words... Leigh Griffiths !!

Mon the sevco 😯

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-04-2016, 03:20 PM
unfortunately the head says we need a vile bigots win(instead of the lesser vile bigots) we need stokes and henderson in the team

We will face vile bigots no matter who wins. Our best chance will be against The Rangers.

GlesgaeHibby
16-04-2016, 03:23 PM
If Celtic win does that mean we are in Europe?

NYHibby
16-04-2016, 03:25 PM

No. They changed that.

Jim44
16-04-2016, 03:28 PM

No. 4th in the Premiership will get the Cup Final Europa place if Celtic beat us. Assuming they win tomorrow.

Dobosz83
16-04-2016, 03:28 PM
I genuinely couldn't care less which side we play. Our record in this competition speaks volumes and we will be heavy underdogs regardless.

People will understandably point to the potential absence of Stokes/Hendo should we have to play Celtic, however, Rangers have got the better of us this season on 3 occasions scoring 11 goals in the process.

All I ask for is a fully fit squad including a match fit McGeouch and a desire to go out there and become legends. I don't believe in superstition, as its proven to be a nonsense on many an occasion where we are concerned!

It's been a rollercoaster of a run in the cups this year. We will need to be at our best in the final and need a chunk of luck! :agree:

GlesgaeHibby
16-04-2016, 03:29 PM
No. They changed that.

So we'd need to win the final?

Rangers then please!

Dashing Bob S
16-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Our record in the cup is so dire, it's pointless worrying about which one we face.

Celtic much stronger than Rangers, and we will be further handicapped by thew absence of Stokes and Henderson. But I think Celtic have more chance of going to sleep at the wheel, especially if they put Rangers to the sword in the semi, whereas the Huns will be fired up and the ref will give them everything.

NYHibby
16-04-2016, 03:32 PM
No. 4th in the Premiership will get the Cup Final Europa place if Celtic beat us. Assuming they win tomorrow.

4th goes to Europe, but technically the cup final spot goes to the 2nd place team and the rest shift down.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Either or.

In a one off game I think we could beat either or get humped by either. Depends what we do on the day.

Personally I just want to see us still be in the game with 20 minutes to go. Every SC final I have been to we have been dead and buried by 50 minutes, often far earlier.

Keith_M
16-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Hibs have now lost their last ten scottish cup finals. In exactly half of those, we were beaten by Celtc.

I've no idea if that's going to be significant but maybe it's a good idea to avoid them this time.

HoboHarry
16-04-2016, 03:55 PM
I posted this on another thread but Celtic for me. Sevco are everything that is ugly in Scottish football in my opinion, and I never want to see them achieve anything. If we play Celtic and win, we have beaten the Scottish champions which will make it all the sweeter and if we are to get beaten I would rather lose to Celtic than be on the pitch when Sevco win their first major trophy. Not to mention the penalty help (or two) that Sevco will get from the strategically SFA picked referee.

Stokes and Henderson will be a huge loss but we can still do this.......

Big_Franck
16-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Without Henderson and Stokes we'd have no chance against Celtic.

The new rangers for me.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Definitely Sevco, for the reasons which have already been mentioned earlier in this thread.

I can't see them winning tomorrow though.

rotherhamrob
16-04-2016, 05:36 PM
I'm not bothered either way, whoever we play it's going to be difficult.
We are definitely in the play offs so stubbs really has to get some players rested for may, it really could be the most fantastic month but we need everyone fresh and revitalised.

emerald green
16-04-2016, 05:46 PM

Three things. Rangers do not exist. That club was liquidated in 2012 at the Court of Session.

There is no chance of two of The Rangers players getting red cards in a match versus Celtic.

Waghorn is injured, and he won't be playing anyway.

Bristolhibby
16-04-2016, 05:48 PM
A Championship team or the Scottish Champions elect.

Behave, Huns every day of the week.

J

snooky
16-04-2016, 06:19 PM
From a refereeing point of view, I think we have a better chance against Celtc.
I can't think of any ref who will
a) not want a Hun win
b) want to buy new windows
c) not be intimidated
d) want to lose his job
e) be fair

Perm any combinations of the above.

truehibernian
16-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Celtic please - we're an unknown quantity V them, admittedly we'd be without Stokes and Henderson but if McGeouch and Carmichael are back then I fancy our chances V them more.

Celtic are very beatable - The Rangers have the edge on us. So Celtic for me and a Hibs win on the day !

RoscoHibby
16-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Feels dirty saying it, but c'mon the cream buns the morn. Hendo n stokes are close to vital for us ( as much as he's been fair to poor, stokes still better than the rest we have) and sellick are clearly much better as well.

SneakersO'Toole
16-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Sevco all the way. As my mate said to me today, a 3 week break for them prior to the final would not be beneficial for them.

Captain Trips
16-04-2016, 06:36 PM
What I will say of the 2 previous finals v Celtic this is the worst Celtic team out of them.

hibee_girl
16-04-2016, 06:44 PM
I really don't know who I want to win tomorrow, I don't fancy a cup final against Rangers as their fans are just poisonous but we might have a better chance against them. Then again Celtic are beatable as Ross County provided but on the other hand I don't think I could watch Griffiths tear us apart.

Ach well, it'll be who it is and we'll just have to deal with it :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
16-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Playing The Rangers might give us the best chance of winning but it wouldn't be a game for taking along the kiddies.

Pete
16-04-2016, 06:46 PM
A gruelling extra time and penalties win for Sevco with lots of red cards and injuries. Please.

jacomo
Definitely Sevco, for the reasons which have already been mentioned earlier in this thread.

I can't see them winning tomorrow though.

My Hun pal assures me The Hun will prevail?

Why? 'We arra peepul.'

Onceinawhile
Totally agree.

Rangers won't have a competitive game after tomorrow until the 21St. Got to be das Hun please.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Playing The Rangers might give us the best chance of winning but it wouldn't be a game for taking along the kiddies.

Neither would a game against Celtic.

emerald green
16-04-2016, 06:50 PM

It was carnage after the first time Hibs played them in the 1979 final. Can't see it being any different if it's them this time, especially if Hibs win.

hibee_girl
16-04-2016, 06:50 PM

To be fair in the last finals against Celtic the atmosphere hasn't been poisonous, possibly because they were winning easily but I can't see it being the same against Rangers.

emerald green
16-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Totally agree.

Rangers won't have a competitive game after tomorrow until the 21St. Got to be das Hun please.

Eh? They play Hibs on Wednesday. :confused:

Tom Hart RIP
16-04-2016, 06:56 PM
For one of the very few times in my life I will be hoping for a Rangers win.
Only so we can Have Liam and stokesy

Since90+2
16-04-2016, 06:57 PM

I think there is more potential for trouble if it's Rangers. Their fans absolutely despise us.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Eh? They play Hibs on Wednesday. :confused:

I think he's alluding to the fact that their remaining league fixtures don't mean anything to them since they've already won the title.

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2016, 06:58 PM
I think we'd have a genuine chance against The Rangers, but only a slim chance against Celtic. I can't see der Hun winning tomorrow, but we sneaked it today when we should have been beaten, so you just never know.

emerald green
16-04-2016, 06:58 PM
I think he's alluding to the fact that their remaining league fixtures don't mean anything to them since they've already won the title.

Ah right, cheers.

Baader
16-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Think we've better chance against Celtic bizarre as it sounds. We're an unknown quantity to them and they have a clown for a manager. The Rangers on the other hand don't.

Out of our hands whoever it is so bring it on!

weonlywon6-2
16-04-2016, 08:29 PM
More chance of us beating Celtic.
There would be to much violence as well if we played rangers, their fans are animals

ZAGREB RED
16-04-2016, 08:49 PM
I think Rangers will win tomorrow, Celtic always look vulnerable at times during most games, especially if they go a goal down and teams sit in against them....but then again, I put £20 on Rangers to win last years League Cup semi ( odds of 8-1) so what do I know...

Alfred E Newman
16-04-2016, 08:52 PM

Absolutely no problem at the 2013 final.

Canon Hannan
16-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Hibs v Celtic is the friendly option. Someone can have my ticket if it's SEVCO. Not going near that lot.

DH1875
17-04-2016, 01:43 AM
Hibs v Celtic is the friendly option. Someone can have my ticket if it's SEVCO. Not going near that lot.

Can I have it pleeeeeease:thumbsup:.

Bring on the Rangers, there could be trouble ahead though.

JOD
17-04-2016, 02:27 AM
I am A Sevco 201????? fan whatever year it was born

cause in the final we can hum them

TheSmiths
17-04-2016, 02:48 AM
It was carnage after the first time Hibs played them in the 1979 final. Can't see it being any different if it's them this time, especially if Hibs win.

I was there. Got separated from my dad after the game and got my arse kicked trying to catch up with him

JOD
17-04-2016, 02:55 AM
I really don't know who I want to win tomorrow, I don't fancy a cup final against Rangers as their fans are just poisonous but we might have a better chance against them. Then again Celtic are beatable as Ross County provided but on the other hand I don't think I could watch Griffiths tear us apart.

Ach well, it'll be who it is and we'll just have to deal with it :greengrin

spot on sir

Brizo
17-04-2016, 05:51 AM
If its Celtic I have visions of Leigh coming back to haunt us big time. Also too many Cup Final disappointments vs Celtic.

If its The Rangers we have Hendo and Stokes involvement. We need our strongest available squad. Id be disappointed for Hendo who has contributed so much this season for him to miss out on a SC Final.

A Cup Final vs the huns is a more winnable game and after their fans behaviour at Ibrox last December, for a Stubbs led team to beat them would just add to the occasion.

bingo70
17-04-2016, 06:02 AM
When was the last time we played the old rangers in a Scottish cup final? We must be due to meet them.

I assume there's no European place for the runners up of the cup of Celtic get through?

LustForLeith
17-04-2016, 07:04 AM
Our record in the cup is so dire, it's pointless worrying about which one we face.

Celtic much stronger than Rangers, and we will be further handicapped by thew absence of Stokes and Henderson. But I think Celtic have more chance of going to sleep at the wheel, especially if they put Rangers to the sword in the semi, whereas the Huns will be fired up and the ref will give them everything.

I agree.

I don't care who we play. We'll be massive underdogs are written off by everyone before the game.

But there's hope that one year the things that go against (freak goals, bad ref decisions, stuff like that) goes in our favour and we win.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 07:04 AM
When was the last time we played the old rangers in a Scottish cup final? We must be due to meet them.

I assume there's no European place for the runners up of the cup of Celtic get through?

Must be 1979, no?

I can remember playing them in a final at all since the 1993 LC final.

Jim44
17-04-2016, 07:35 AM
I personally hope Celltic take them apart today. I don't want to see Sevco getting any glory, a cup final pay day and a possible place in Europe. I Know it's cutting my nose off to spite my face, but I'm happier taking our chances on a huge upset in the final against the soap dodgers.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 07:40 AM
I personally hope Celltic take them apart today. I don't want to see Sevco getting any glory, a cup final pay day and a possible place in Europe. I Know it's cutting my nose off to spite my face, but I'm happier taking our chances on a huge upset in the final against the soap dodgers.

It's a fair stance to take. I dislike The Rangers more than any club on the planet, Hearts included, but I just want to see Hibs win it, and I think we'd have a much stronger chance against der Hun. Of course it risks them winning it, but that's the chance you take.

Jim44
17-04-2016, 07:54 AM
It's a fair stance to take. I dislike The Rangers more than any club on the planet, Hearts included, but I just want to see Hibs win it, and I think we'd have a much stronger chance against der Hun. Of course it risks them winning it, but that's the chance you take.

We've beaten five Premiership teams already this season, including the 2nd and 3rd teams. Celtic are far from world beaters. If Sevco beat Celtic, they will be on a high and probably just as difficult to beat as Celtic. I know we'll be without Stokes and Henderson, but we could pull it off.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 07:57 AM
We've beaten five Premiership teams already this season, including the 2nd and 3rd teams. Celtic are far from world beaters. If Sevco beat Celtic, they will be on a high and probably just as difficult to beat as Celtic. I know we'll be without Stokes and Henderson, but we could pull it off.

I think Celtic will win 3-0 today, Sparky first goal.

Betty Boop
17-04-2016, 08:40 AM
After yesterdays performance, penalties apart, wouldn't be confident of beating any of them.

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2016, 08:41 AM
After yesterdays performance, penalties apart, wouldn't be confident of beating any of them.Yesterday is history, the final is a mystery.

Hibee_Craig7062
17-04-2016, 09:00 AM
After yesterdays performance, penalties apart, wouldn't be confident of beating any of them.

That's the spirit!!!

JimBHibees
17-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Yesterday is history, the final is a mystery.

Yep one of 2 teams will win the final. We are one of them. :flag:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 09:11 AM
That's the spirit!!!

Tbh I take her point.

Before the 2012 final all talk of losing was banned. 'If' we win was replace by 'when' and any contemplation we could lose was hounded upon. In spite of all that I think most of us deep down were a million miles from confident. Given our form and the previous derbies that season we were always facing a struggle.

This year I'm feeling pretty relaxed about the final because I realise the task we are up against. I'll enjoy the build up and be up for it on the day but it's hope over expectation. As it stands we are an out of form Championship team set to face either the Champions elect of the Premiership or the Champions of our own league who will have huge media backing due to a belief in some non existent fairy tale.

I'm not going to be making any bold predictions that we will win or do this, that or the other. I'm going to savour the build up to another cup final, hope we still have a live chance going into the last 3rd of the game and see what happens.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 09:12 AM

I'd give us a 50-50 chance against Rangers. Against Celtic, minus Stokes and Henderson and all, maybe 20-80.

Then again, it's Hibs in the SC final, so all bets are off :greengrin

stantonhibby
17-04-2016, 09:18 AM
Either or.

In a one off game I think we could beat either or get humped by either. Depends what we do on the day.

Personally I just want to see us still be in the game with 20 minutes to go. Every SC final I have been to we have been dead and buried by 50 minutes, often far earlier.

My feelings exactly. I would add it would be nice if our best player wasn't injured as well.

LancsHibs
17-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Don't care how dreadful their fans are or how poisonous the club is, it's all about Hibs for me and we stand a better chance of actually winning that bloody cup against The Rangers as they are not as good a football team as their grotesque other half. Simple as. So 'mon the dirty cream buns!!!

southern hibby
17-04-2016, 09:30 AM
Not sure why but I think Sparky will get yellow carded today ( if he's been carded in the competition already ) so he misses the final. No idea why I think this just have a feeling he wants to be in Easter Road when we parade the cup. You never know he might be a secret Hibs Fan and not interested in seeing his team loose a finalLol

GGTTH

woodythehibee
17-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Which Celtic and Rangers players are on a suspension tightrope today?

LancsHibs
17-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Has there ever been a Scottish Cup final that doesn't involve a team from the top division?

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Has there ever been a Scottish Cup final that doesn't involve a team from the top division?

No

easty
17-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Don't care how dreadful their fans are or how poisonous the club is, it's all about Hibs for me and we stand a better chance of actually winning that bloody cup against The Rangers as they are not as good a football team as their grotesque other half. Simple as. So 'mon the dirty cream buns!!!

That's where I'm at too, but I can't see past Celtc pumping them today.

hibsmad
17-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Any chance someone has a list of the players who are on a booking? Or a link to where we could see them?

hibeedonald
17-04-2016, 09:59 AM
Well it blows my mind that some people would rather celtic won today just because of their hatred for rangers, even though it decreases our chances (greatly in terms of bookies odds) of winning the cup. If rangers won they would have o'halloran and King cup tied, forrester injured and possibly waghorn too.

AFKA5814_Hibs
17-04-2016, 10:02 AM
any chance someone has a list of the players who are on a booking? Or a link to where we could see them?

celtic
erik sviatchenko

rangers
jason holt
dominic ball
nicholas clark
harry forrester

Glory Lurker
17-04-2016, 10:02 AM

Yes. QotS in 2008, and maybe Gretna before that? Think Ross County were in First when they played United?

LancsHibs
17-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Well it blows my mind that some people would rather celtic won today just because of their hatred for rangers, even though it decreases our chances (greatly in terms of bookies odds) of winning the cup. If rangers won they would have o'halloran and King cup tied, forrester injured and possibly waghorn too.

The more you way it up, the more it has to be a rangers win!

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 10:05 AM
Yes. QotS in 2008, and maybe Gretna before that? Think Ross County were in First when they played United?

Aye, but not when both teams are from outside the top division.

LancsHibs
17-04-2016, 10:06 AM

Yes but they played PL opposition. If it ends up a Hibs/Huns final, I'm sure this will be the only final without a team from the top division!

Glory Lurker
17-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Yes but they played PL opposition. If it ends up a Hibs/Huns final, I'm sure this will be the only final without a team from the top division!

Didn't read the question properly....:embarrass

Col2
17-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Rangers only making 5 subs not the allowed 7. Odd. Celtic team looks miles stronger.

Perfect outcome in my opinion would be:-

1. Huns win but have Holt booked and Wallace or Traverner sent off.

Or

2. Celtic win and Griffiths scores hatrick and over celebrates twice and sent off just on full time meaning he is suspended. Patrick Roberts gets injury which finishes his season.

Glory Lurker
17-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Aye, but not when both teams are from outside the top division.

As above! :embarrass

hibee-shtuggie
17-04-2016, 10:31 AM
For me it is quite obvious that we want Rangers to go through today. They would have three players cup tied and we could play Henderson and Stokes. Also, as they have already wrapped up the league today will be their last real competitive game for a month - we should be match sharp. That's also not taking into account any suspensions they pick up today as well.

hibsmad
17-04-2016, 10:46 AM
celtic
erik sviatchenko

rangers
jason holt
dominic ball
nicholas clark
harry forrester

Thanks

Robinho08
17-04-2016, 10:51 AM

Agreed 👍.

snooky
17-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Which Celtic and Rangers players are on a suspension tightrope today?

No doubt the man in black will know exactly which players he must avoid booking.

emerald green
17-04-2016, 10:58 AM
No doubt the man in black will know exactly which players he must avoid booking.

Who's the Mason / Fenian (take your pick) in the black today?

snooky
17-04-2016, 10:59 AM

That's my view as well, DBS

Steve20
17-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Celtic will win this game. We'll need to up our performances something special to have any chance.