PDA

View Full Version : Farid

Humo
16-04-2016, 02:25 PM
What the **** was that? It's an embarrassment that our medical team keep on clearing players to play who clearly aren't fit. It happened with DM against hearts and it's happened again with Farid.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
16-04-2016, 02:27 PM
My take was he was on as a game changer for the last 10. calculated risk which didnt come off

Sent via the bushes @ EM

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-04-2016, 02:27 PM
He's finished, let's move on from him.

NYHibby
16-04-2016, 02:36 PM
My take was he was on as a game changer for the last 10. calculated risk which didnt come off

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Agreed, I think Stubbs was taking a punt on trying to win in regular time which didn't work out.

ancient hibee
16-04-2016, 03:54 PM
We needed to challenge in the air up front-nobody else was doing it.

Keith_M
16-04-2016, 03:56 PM
He'll come on as an 89th minute sub in the Final, with the game at 0-0, and score the winner with his only touch of the ball.

Trust me, it's in the stars.

Andy74
16-04-2016, 03:57 PM
We needed to challenge in the air up front-nobody else was doing it.

The point is more why we keep getting him and one or two others back in squads when they evidently aren't ready.

Surely this time he won't be back?

KWJ
16-04-2016, 04:00 PM
He'll come on as an 89th minute sub in the Final, with the game at 0-0, and score the winner with his only touch of the ball.

Logan with the winning pen shirley?

Or catching Foderingham of his line.

ancient hibee
16-04-2016, 04:01 PM
The point is more why we keep getting him and one or two others back in squads when they evidently aren't ready.

I would have thought that the point is why do we sign players with long standing injuries?

Andy74
16-04-2016, 04:08 PM
I would have thought that the point is why do we sign players with long standing injuries?

Well yes, that too!

HappyHanlon
16-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Get him out the club. Waste

hhibs
16-04-2016, 04:10 PM

Given the litany of injury to our players and the break downs of returning players Farid and McGeoch to name just two perhaps some questions should being asked about the performance of medical team.

Apart from that, great day,well done Conrad Logan and the team,hopefully we can kick on now .........but surely Logan gets the gloves after that comprehensive all round goalkeeping performance something,unfortunately Oxley has not got.
u

Dashing Bob S
16-04-2016, 04:14 PM
He's finished. No wait, he's Egyptian.

Nothing not like about him, but injury has clearly wrecked his career, and indulging his constant comebacks are only going to make it harder for him to adjust to life after football.

Do the decent thing Hibs, and let the guy go.

HappyHanlon
16-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Knee, hamstring, groin. Like one big game of Operation. Maybe he fancies Kitty?

SaulGoodman
16-04-2016, 04:19 PM
Knee, hamstring, groin. Like one big game of Operation. Maybe he fancies Kitty?

Dinny blame him.

Heisenberg
16-04-2016, 04:20 PM
He's ****ed. No point in him getting any game time now.

InterviewLoI
16-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Interviewed him after the game. Reckons it isn't career threatening

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 04:26 PM
He's finished. No wait, he's Egyptian.

Nothing not like about him, but injury has clearly wrecked his career, and indulging his constant comebacks are only going to make it harder for him to adjust to life after football.

Do the decent thing Hibs, and let the guy go.

French. :wink:

I feel for him but he's clearly permanently injured and should be freed at the end of the season.

Hopefully he can find a career for himself outside of football.

Schteff
16-04-2016, 04:48 PM
2 weeks away

Franck Stanton
16-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Get him out the club. Waste

Bit harsh is it no? He didn't have a horrendous injury history prior to him signing for us, got a real bad one playing for us v Alloa, hasn't really recovered from that, picking up niggly injuries along the way as a result of not being able to train properly.
Do I think he deserves a further contract ? No, but bit harsh saying " get him out the club. Waste 2 in my opinion.

squire
16-04-2016, 05:35 PM
We brought on Farid when United had already made their 3 subs. 2 subs wasted to bring him on and take him off 10 mins later and our tactical advantage for fresh legs heading to extra time went right up the swanny. Big gamble almost backfired as our full backs and midfielders were running on empty.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see him again

Nicho87
17-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Thankfully we had another sub. Sadly hes to much of a risk and a waste of a sub spot. Doubt hell play for hibs again now. Feel for him.

iwasthere1972
17-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Had high hopes for him but now he's obviously just a waste of time.

Shame.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Can't carry passengers. Good to have a player of his type but fitness has to be a given.

BSEJVT
17-04-2016, 07:52 PM
I was furious at the time, but I suppose it depends whose shout it was that he play any part, his or Stubbs.

If it was his he should never be seen again.

If it was Stubbs then it was a massive gamble.

I am inclined to believe it was Stubbs shout as I don't think there will ever be such a things as a fit Farid again and hasn't been this season, yet he has hung about the bench on and off for months.

It shows the absolute paucity of resources at our disposal and how bad Dagnall is that a nowhere near fit Farid would be preferred.

This and the fact that we are releasing yet another raft of Under 20's shows that there is still an awful long way to go in the rebuilding of the club.

The squad is paper thin

Somehow or other we need to get Fontaine, Carmichael & McGeouch back before much longer, some of these guys desperately need a rest.

The minute it becomes clear we cant catch Falkirk I would make wholesale changes until the play offs.

ekhibee
17-04-2016, 08:27 PM
I was furious at the time, but I suppose it depends whose shout it was that he play any part, his or Stubbs.

If it was his he should never be seen again.

If it was Stubbs then it was a massive gamble.

I am inclined to believe it was Stubbs shout as I don't think there will ever be such a things as a fit Farid again and hasn't been this season, yet he has hung about the bench on and off for months.

It shows the absolute paucity of resources at our disposal and how bad Dagnall is that a nowhere near fit Farid would be preferred.

This and the fact that we are releasing yet another raft of Under 20's shows that there is still an awful long way to go in the rebuilding of the club.

The squad is paper thin

Somehow or other we need to get Fontaine, Carmichael & McGeouch back before much longer, some of these guys desperately need a rest.

The minute it becomes clear we cant catch Falkirk I would make wholesale changes until the play offs.
Yep, agree with all you say. I don't think we're nearly as strong in the player department as others seem to think. El Alagui, McGeouch and Carmichael, who would all probably have been 1st team choices at the start of the season seem to be constantly injured. Handling had a long time off with injury too, and Hanlon was out for a while too, as well as Fontaine. As a result there's been little respite for the players that have been playing, particularly when we have been fighting on 3 fronts. Dagnall, hard working as he seems to be, still hasn't done what he was employed to do in the 1st place- score goals. A lot of the players seem to be showing the effects of a long, hard season, but that's only half an excuse IMO; it doesn't seem to have affected Sevco.

Marco G
17-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Sorry to disagree. A thin squad is one like The Rangers who could not field a full bench today. We have cover when needed. Any squad at this time of the season is getting stretched due to injuries and suspensions. Our strength in depth means we have always been able to send out a strong team and that will be of great value going into the final stretch. Farid tweaked a groin, don't think anyone can be blamed for that and I hope he will be back soon to give us more scoring options.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2016, 08:57 PM
He's only got a few weeks left on his contract. Let him see it out and that's it. No point in paying him off or whatever now.

If he plays a part again then great, if he doesn't then we are no worse off than we have been for much of the last 2 years.

Alex Trager
17-04-2016, 09:01 PM

You got any interviews coming up here

Hibby 2005
17-04-2016, 09:02 PM
He's the only target man we have!

StewMartin
17-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Sorry to disagree. A thin squad is one like The Rangers who could not field a full bench today. We have cover when needed. Any squad at this time of the season is getting stretched due to injuries and suspensions. Our strength in depth means we have always been able to send out a strong team and that will be of great value going into the final stretch. Farid tweaked a groin, don't think anyone can be blamed for that and I hope he will be back soon to give us more scoring options.

Regarding The Rangers that was purely mind games not to fill the bench. They had perfectly fit players in the stand and could have named players from the Developnent squad. Warburton knew the players he wanted to put on across all areas of the pitch which could be done with the 5 players:

Lago
17-04-2016, 09:08 PM
But that has been the story all season, everyvtime he plays he breaks down again.

cleanyman
17-04-2016, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't play him again.

All the best pal

Marco G
17-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Regarding The Rangers that was purely mind games not to fill the bench. They had perfectly fit players in the stand and could have named players from the Developnent squad. Warburton knew the players he wanted to put on across all areas of the pitch which could be done with the 5 players:
Hmm?

Bristolhibby
17-04-2016, 09:34 PM

While pulling a hammy.

J

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Ridiculous decision to declare him fit enough and then have to virtually waste a substitution, clearly struggling with injuries and maybe never see him again in a Hibs shirt.