PDA

View Full Version : Hibernians Pirlo

Schteff
16-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Jason Cummings :faf:

Onion
16-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Best to just erase and move on. So different had Hibs gone on to lose that game. Lucky luck boy.

Schteff
16-04-2016, 02:08 PM
That interview was brilliant, forgave him after that, he's class!!!

Steve-O
16-04-2016, 02:38 PM
I smirked but am still raging wi the wee doughnut

hibee_girl
16-04-2016, 02:40 PM
You have to love him :greengrin

SaulGoodman
16-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Daft, selfish penalty. Things could've been much different.

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Very daft thing to do, lucky boy

blackpoolhibs
16-04-2016, 02:42 PM
He might be cheeky, he might be gallus and have a quick quote for every occasion, but the guy is bloody useless apart from being able to score goals.

Its worthwhile putting up with his lack of ability if he's scoring, but gee whizz he's shocking at the basics like bringing his team mates into the game.

Well done though for having the balls to take that penalty in the shoot out. :top marks

Diclonius
16-04-2016, 02:44 PM
He was a ****ing idiot, but he scored the winner. Forgiven, just never do it again. :wink:

Northernhibee
16-04-2016, 02:45 PM
If he wasn't such an arse then an already tired team wouldn't have had another half hours football with a huge game midweek. Since he's had media attention it's gone to his head, he was beginning to be ab really good team player and he's regressed.

Send him to train with the kids for a couple of weeks to knock the stuffing out of his ego and reassess him from there.

Must do much, much better if he wants to stay a part of this team.

Onion
16-04-2016, 02:46 PM
JC putting Hibs on the map. Miss v RR went viral across UK, but his latest "goal attempt" in a national cup semifinal will go Global. :rolleyes:

Be just like him to bag the winner in the final.

emerald green
16-04-2016, 02:46 PM
He wouldn't be getting called Pirlo if that ridiculous penalty had cost Hibs a place in the final.

I hope he doesn't try that again. Just bang it low and hard into the corner of the net, and I hope Stubbs will be making that clear to Cummings.

hibee_girl
16-04-2016, 02:48 PM
He wouldn't be getting called Pirlo if that ridiculous penalty had cost Hibs a place in the final.

I hope he doesn't try that again. Just bang it low and hard into the corner of the net, and I hope Stubbs will be making that clear to Cummings.

Saw on Twitter that Stubbs has said he wanted to strangle him and told him never to do that in a semi or cup final again

hibee_girl
16-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Come on guys, we're into the final, let's not argue!

Man Down Under
16-04-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm glad he got the winner to make up for it. Haven't actually seen the original penalty yet, but in hindsight, it sounds pretty funny.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

RyeSloan
16-04-2016, 03:04 PM
I'm glad he got the winner to make up for it. Haven't actually seen the original penalty yet, but in hindsight, it sounds pretty funny. Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

Nope still not funny....

Northernhibee
16-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Nope still not funny....

He has no right to celebrate or make wisecracks IMO, if he'd contributed during the game than attention seeking it'd have been done in 90 mins.

Still raging at him and I'll bet Stubbs is too.

Andy74
16-04-2016, 04:14 PM
He has no right to celebrate or make wisecracks IMO, if he'd contributed during the game than attention seeking it'd have been done in 90 mins.

Still raging at him and I'll bet Stubbs is too.

He's very lucky this evening. Still, he has some baws to take one in the shootout.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2016, 04:42 PM
He made up for it in the shootout but he should never, EVER do that again.

You don't want to completely knock the cockiness out of him but he really needs to remember what level of football he's playing at.

He's not Andrea Pirlo.

Schteff
16-04-2016, 04:44 PM
The game needs more characters like Jase, it's forgotten about imo as he bagged the winner and we went through..

Lighten up Victor Meldrew brigade

staunchhibby
16-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Cummings is a lucky man that his stupidity and show boating did not cost us dearly today.Conrad Logan saved his skin today.

KWJ
16-04-2016, 04:49 PM
It didn't cost us.

You gotta love him.

:greengrin

Schteff
16-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Cummings is a lucky man that his stupidity and show boating did not cost us dearly today.Conrad Logan saved his skin today.

Lighten up

Hibee Mac
16-04-2016, 04:56 PM
If he wasn't such an arse then an already tired team wouldn't have had another half hours football with a huge game midweek. Since he's had media attention it's gone to his head, he was beginning to be ab really good team player and he's regressed.

Send him to train with the kids for a couple of weeks to knock the stuffing out of his ego and reassess him from there.

Bang on, we may have won that but Jason has just further tired our team with a stupid decision. I'm still raging at him but buzzing for Conrad Logan who won us the game.

Wee Effen Bee
16-04-2016, 04:59 PM
It didn't cost us.

You gotta love him.

:greengrin

Aye, spot on. I'm back from the game, juice in hand and watching the penalties...again. So what, he is a character and football needs people like him. He is cocky and confident - good! How many ****'s do I give that he missed a penalty? None! Can't believe he is getting grief after helping us to a SC final. Christ, some people can't help themselves.

brianmc
16-04-2016, 05:00 PM
I tend to agree with what John Burridge tweeted at the time along the lines of " WTF does Cummings think he's playin at? If I was his team mate I'd break his nose at half time!"

Pete
16-04-2016, 05:01 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/overthescore/7080584/Jason-Cummings-Hibsd-it-at-Hampden-with-penalty-flop.html

****ing rag.

emerald green
16-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Cummings can consider himself very lucky he didn't cost Hibs a place in the final with that ridiculous attempt at a penalty. The financial implications could have been severe for his club.

The lad is young, but he has got too much nonsense in his head. It's time for him to grow up now, and work on aspects of his game that he needs to improve upon.

MickeyEdwards
16-04-2016, 05:08 PM

What an inflated view of his own ability he must have to have been so stupid to strike the first penalty as he did.

Even Lional Messi would have buried that in the net at no score to get his team into the ascendancy and allow confidence to build from that.

Instead, we gregressed and gradually lost confidence and legs as, firstly, Fyvie (who was immense in the first half IMO) tired quickly and was nearly out on his feet in the extra time period and then others such as McGinn, Henderson, Gray, Stevenson and Cummings himself showed signs of exhastion or lack of intense stored fitness!

We could very easily have lost the match to a Utd team that didn't actually have a decent football player amongst them and were depending upon their freshness and superior match day fitness to try and get a winning goal.

That they didn't get that goal was largely down to our new keeper who played an absolute blinder even saving a couple of penalties in the shoot out to help us through to the Final.

He hardly put a foot wrong throughout and had three excellent "one on one" saves, any of which could easily have been a goal!

Logan my MOTM with Fyvie getting the MOTFH! :agree:

Edson Arantes
16-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Out of jail big time.

Dafty.

Northernhibee
16-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Lighten up

Considering you were slating Stevenson all game who put in a hell of a shift you've got a nerve defending a player who sold the jersey today.

Super_JMcGinn
16-04-2016, 05:26 PM
That interview was brilliant, forgave him after that, he's class!!!
Just saw the interview and I see nothing classy about that, I am also a little perturbed at Stubbs reaction to his bs.

Had he taken the first penalty I might have felt he redeemed himself, to leave it to super John and then step up when it was virtually won gets no credibility from me.

His goal celebration lacked as much class as his interview as he should have run straight to big Logan who was the REAL match winner.

Northernhibee
16-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Just saw the interview and I see nothing classy about that, I am also a little perturbed at Stubbs reaction to his bs.

Had he taken the first penalty I might have felt he redeemed himself, to leave it to super John and then step up when it was virtually won gets no credibility from me.

His goal celebration lacked as much class as his interview as he should have run straight to big Logan who was the REAL match winner.

:agree:
He should be apologising for ensuring that we're even more knackered for midweek than we should be. Some people are taken in by the fact he comes out with funny one liners but I'd rather he contributed on the pitch and played for the shirt, not himself. The penalty, the "no comment" in the pre match interview - I'm beginning to think he's in real danger of crossing the line from "cheeky chappie" to disrespectful of the club.

SonOfDavidFrancey
16-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Looking at highlights - his second penalty was very saveable but the goalie stood still - did he think JC might try the Pirlo (or rather the Panenka for us oldies) again?

green day
16-04-2016, 05:42 PM
I thought Cummings was pretty good first half (until the, ahem, penalty miss) he was linking up well all across the park.

His miss was daft, but to all the people slating him - if we didnt have his 20+ goals this season, where would we be? If he was the finished article, would he be at Hibs?

I watched the Sparta Prague game the other night and some of the strikers there look utter utter gash - and thats the latter stages of the Europa League.

He is a daft laddie, did something a bit daft - and I am pretty sure that in private he will be spoken to about it.

Stubbs said his thoughts couldnt be repeated on the radio, so let him deal with it.

As for the "what a crapper for taking the 4th penalty" Stubbs said McGinn put his hand up first and the rest were right behind - he didnt crap it, he took a penalty under massive pressure (remember he missed one when we lost to Hamilton) having missed in the first half.

He has also come out on Twitter and publicly thanked Logan.

Some people want blood.

Also - I was in South Lower I5 JJ - to the erses caling him a "Jambo Barsteward" after the penalty miss........honest tae god

Schteff
16-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Ok let's bin him & all his goals he's scored..

Half Farid peg leg & Dagnall nae goals in his place..

We'd have no semi's, finals or playoffs to be interested in if that was the case

JIm
16-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Ok let's bin him & all his goals he's scored..

Half Farid peg leg & Dagnall nae goals in his place..

We'd have no semi's, finals or playoffs to be interested in if that was the case

Exactly

The boy try's something a bit different on the big stage, has a bit cockiness, so what! His goals are what count, consistently does it in big games. Give the boy a break.

Northernhibee
16-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Exactly

The boy try's something a bit different on the big stage, has a bit cockiness, so what! His goals are what count, consistently does it in big games. Give the boy a break.

Almost cost us a cup final place and quite probably a six figure sum in the process
Gave Dundee Utd a lift
Made an already fatigued team work another 30 minutes with a huge, huge midweek game

There are times to "try something a bit different" but that's the training pitch or when you're three or four up, NOT at nil nil in a Scottish cup semi final on a bad run of form and you do not act all cocky about it afterwards.

I'm not saying bin him, I'm saying he's regressed and become a much more selfish footballer in the last few months. This needs to be corrected and dropping him for two or three games should hopefully do the job (and also rest him for playoffs).

As I say, if we'd been 3-0 up I'd have been on the "So what" side, as it is he could have cost the club big time with his arrogance.

Alfred E Newman
16-04-2016, 06:20 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/overthescore/7080584/Jason-Cummings-Hibsd-it-at-Hampden-with-penalty-flop.html

****ing rag.

Anybody that buys that crap paper needs their heid looked at. I wouldn't wipe my arse with it.

JIm
16-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Almost cost us a cup final place and quite probably a six figure sum in the process
Gave Dundee Utd a lift
Made an already fatigued team work another 30 minutes with a huge, huge midweek game

There are times to "try something a bit different" but that's the training pitch or when you're three or four up, NOT at nil nil in a Scottish cup semi final on a bad run of form and you do not act all cocky about it afterwards.

I'm not saying bin him, I'm saying he's regressed and become a much more selfish footballer in the last few months. This needs to be corrected and dropping him for two or three games should hopefully do the job (and also rest him for playoffs).

As I say, if we'd been 3-0 up I'd have been on the "So what" side, as it is he could have cost the club big time with his arrogance.

Clearly the penalty was a mistake. I don't disagree but I like the arrogance. As long as it's arrogant in the right way.

He's scored 23 this season, improved massively and dropping him would be a mistake.

If I was Hibs I'd keep him out of the media and let him do his talking in front of goal.

Schteff
16-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Gave Dundee Utd a lift

Almost but it never..

Yer auntie was almost yer uncle but she didnae have balls

guillaume
16-04-2016, 06:35 PM
He's a total ********. It's a a shame but I wouldn't care if he's not around next year.

Schteff
16-04-2016, 06:39 PM
He's a total ********. It's a a shame but I wouldn't care if he's not around next year.

I reckon you're more of a ********

Alfred E Newman
16-04-2016, 06:39 PM
He should be apologising for ensuring that we're even more knackered for midweek than we should be. Some people are taken in by the fact he comes out with funny one liners but I'd rather he contributed on the pitch and played for the shirt, not himself. The penalty, the "no comment" in the pre match interview - I'm beginning to think he's in real danger of crossing the line from "cheeky chappie" to disrespectful of the club.

Utter rubbish

Pete
16-04-2016, 06:40 PM
FFS can we not just be happy we won?

Alfred E Newman
16-04-2016, 06:41 PM

I wonder why? : sniff sniff.

marleyhib
16-04-2016, 06:42 PM
I couldn't believe that penalty today, utter garbage. I didn't blame him for missing at Raith, these things happen. If we'd lost today he would be getting run out of Leith. I am all for players having a bit of swagger and expresing themselves but not in a cup semi when we have been woeful recently. Saying that if he''d dinked it in we'd all go, thank f that went in,good old jase he's a card. Fine line, he's a proven championship striker nothing more at present, score more - strikers are judged on that stat

Schteff
16-04-2016, 06:42 PM
FFS can we not just be happy we won?

I'm delighted, was raging with JC at the time but it matters not now!

Pete
16-04-2016, 06:44 PM
I'm delighted, was raging with JC at the time but it matters not now!

Me too. I wanted him hauled off immediately but it doesn't matter a jot now. :agree:

Tom Hart RIP
16-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Loved the smile on his face when he collected the ball to take the winning penalty.
Took balls to take one in the circumstances.
I laughed at the interview when he had to ask team mates if his kick could win it. Arithmetic not his strong point but good luck to the laddie.

Super_JMcGinn
16-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Loved the smile on his face when he collected the ball to take the winning penalty.
Took balls to take one in the circumstances.
I laughed at the interview when he had to ask team mates if his kick could win it. Arithmetic not his strong point but good luck to the laddie.
It would have taken bigger balls had he taken the first one, which as our penalty taker he should've.

Pete
16-04-2016, 07:11 PM
It would have taken bigger balls had he taken the first one, which as our penalty taker he should've.

Is that the way it works? Your best penalty taker goes first?

This is getting ridic.

GreenCastle
16-04-2016, 07:16 PM
It was all part of the plan to confuse the keeper for the 2nd penalty.

In all seriousness felt he was up to something with his run up. Odd as he last penalty in the league cup final was decent.

That's his 2nd penalty he's missed for us I believe?

Does take guts to take one in the shootout and him scoring the final penalty did help make up for the missz

Though as others have said it felt like we went 1v0 down when he missed - fans weren't happy.

Since90+2
16-04-2016, 07:17 PM

You could argue the first penalty taker is the one with the least pressure on his shoulders. Miss the first one and you still have 4 rounds of pens to make up for it. Miss the 4th or 5th one and.....

Pete
16-04-2016, 07:19 PM
You could argue the first penalty taker is the one with the least pressure on his shoulders. Miss the first one and you still have 4 rounds of pens to make up for it. Miss the 4th or 5th one and.....

There was a study done a few years ago into this and the most effective way of doing it wasn't letting the better guys go first as most teams do. It's making them go last when the pressure is really on. Maybe Stubbs had this in mind.

Super_JMcGinn
16-04-2016, 07:25 PM
There was a study done a few years ago into this and the most effective way of doing it wasn't letting the better guys go first as most teams do. It's making them go last when the pressure is really on. Maybe Stubbs had this in mind.
I was told he was indicating he didn't even want to take one by the commentators on tv ? Just been told so don't know if it's keek or not.

hibee_girl
16-04-2016, 07:26 PM
I was told he was indicating he didn't even want to take one by the commentators on tv ? Just been told so don't know if it's keek or not.

Stubbs said on the radio that Jason was one of the first to volunteer to take a penalty

Jonnyboy
16-04-2016, 07:27 PM

Did he embarrass you?

Mr White
16-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Clearly the penalty was a mistake. I don't disagree but I like the arrogance. As long as it's arrogant in the right way.

He's scored 23 this season, improved massively and dropping him would be a mistake.

If I was Hibs I'd keep him out of the media and let him do his talking in front of goal.

:agree: he could have blasted a conventional penalty and skied it or seen it saved. The important thing is he kept his head up and bounced back to slot home the eventual winning pen. To me none of that is down to arrogance, it's self confidence which is something we don't have enough of IMO.

Bronson
16-04-2016, 07:52 PM

****ing rag.

Deary me. Even when we win we 'hibs it' apparently.

****ing rag indeed.

Lago
16-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Best to just erase and move on. So different had Hibs gone on to lose that game. Lucky luck boy.
I don't think he will try that again any time soon.

Marco G
16-04-2016, 09:21 PM
:agree: he could have blasted a conventional penalty and skied it or seen it saved. The important thing is he kept his head up and bounced back to slot home the eventual winning pen. To me none of that is down to arrogance, it's self confidence which is something we don't have enough of IMO.
Right on the money for me. There are plenty ways to miss a pen, but if the keeper goes down early like today then the chip was a good move, just too high! I don't know what we really want when we have a guy who is scoring most of our goals getting slagged off like this. Stubbs will know what to do and I would rather have a wayward goal scorer than a yes man who is mince!

Northernhibee
16-04-2016, 10:13 PM
I don't think he will try that again any time soon.

He had a similar one saved vs Raith at ER this season, I bet you he will.

Matty_Jack04
16-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Right on the money for me. There are plenty ways to miss a pen, but if the keeper goes down early like today then the chip was a good move, just too high! I don't know what we really want when we have a guy who is scoring most of our goals getting slagged off like this. Stubbs will know what to do and I would rather have a wayward goal scorer than a yes man who is mince!

Baws! It's a semi final that pen should have been buried with no ******* about he's got out of jail big time I actually think it's a disgrace he's been painted the hero after that id have subbed him straight away, Neil McCann said it perfectly at half time that pen was all about Jason Cummings the ego took over

Johnny Clash
17-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Lots of great players have egos and are overly confident. If that chip had gone in yesterday we would be shouting his praises. Just like that slow motion looping header at Tynie that helped us on our journey to Hampden. Unorthodox but it worked.

I just hope Jason and the team get a huge lift from our victory - lots of important games coming up!

:flag:

17-04-2016, 09:33 AM

I think by the sounds of it Stubbs gave him a very strict talking to, don't think even Jason would be stupid enough to pull a stunt like that again lol!

chrisski33
17-04-2016, 09:40 AM
He was a ****ing idiot, but he scored the winner. Forgiven, just never do it again. :wink:

hes already quoted as saying he would try the same chip shot penalty again in the final!!!

EastCalderHibby
17-04-2016, 09:58 AM

:agree::top marks

iwasthere1972
17-04-2016, 09:59 AM
hes already quoted as saying he would try the same chip shot penalty again in the final!!!

That would be madness if true. Also quoted in The Record that he was thinking about dinking it again in the penalty shoot outs. Remember this is from The Record.

chrisski33
17-04-2016, 10:03 AM
That would be madness if true. Also quoted in The Record that he was thinking about dinking it again in the penalty shoot outs. Remember this is from The Record.

quoted in the bbc gossip page whether its true or not is another thing

Albion Hibs
17-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Baws! It's a semi final that pen should have been buried with no ******* about he's got out of jail big time I actually think it's a disgrace he's been painted the hero after that id have subbed him straight away, Neil McCann said it perfectly at half time that pen was all about Jason Cummings the ego took over

Agreed. Studds said after the game that if he had been practicing like that then fair do's, but the rush of blood to the head when he stepped up clearly took over. His so called bottled was not so obvious when the first penalty taker needed selected for the shoot out.

Stuarty27
17-04-2016, 10:14 AM
It was funny when he was taking the piss out of other teams but yesterday he was talking the piss out of his own fans.

To try that in a semi final of a Scottish cup which we haven't won for years was an absolute piss take.

If he had scored that I think we would of went on won the game comfortably but it gave Utd a boost and our fans were deflated.

To not apologise for it and to write a tweet at 3am saying No pirlo no party leaves a bad taste IMO

17-04-2016, 10:27 AM

I agree. He's cheeky chappie who obviously loves banter and fancies himself a bit but like you say he just has to be careful he doesn't cross the line into being a "billy big shot" who thinks he's too big for the club. Love having a character like Jason around and i'm sure its good for team spirit having a joker like him in the dressing room but he's a daft laddie who gets a bit carried away sometimes.

he's got a great future ahead of him if he keeps his feet on the ground, gets the head down and focuses. I think some of the hype around him over the last year or two has gone to his head and he suddenly believes he's bigger and better than he is. Hopefully yesterday acts as a wake up call for him.

RoYO!
17-04-2016, 10:35 AM
The game needs more characters like Jase, it's forgotten about imo as he bagged the winner and we went through..

Lighten up Victor Meldrew brigade

thank you! What a load of doom and gloom on here.

17-04-2016, 10:36 AM

I really hope thats a joke. Stubbs will be telling him not to so if he goes against that order from the manager than thats complete disrespect and shows that he is more interested in showing off than he is about the overall good of the team which is very selfish. As I mentioned before, I really hope yesterday acts as a wake up call for him. He's not Pirlo, he's not Zindane, Ronaldo whoever. Just pick a corner and leather it, showboating and experimenting should only ever be for if your very comfortably winning with no real chance of the other team getting back in it, not at 0-0 in a SC semi-final. Good player but the boys got a lot to learn and needs a lot more maturity.