PDA

View Full Version : Come on John McGinn

keep the faith
16-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Big games are for big players. Let's be seeing you in the second half!!!

Allant1981
16-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Wasnt really at the races today, but we got the win

Mr Grieves
16-04-2016, 02:22 PM
He was anonymous today, Henderson and Fyvie were very poor. Only big Marv showed up.

coldingham hibs
16-04-2016, 02:23 PM
He was anonymous today, Henderson and Fyvie were very poor. Only big Marv showed up.

I though Fyvie was really good apart from 3 duff passes. He worked his socks off, we need McGeough back though.

matty_f
16-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Great penalty when it mattered. Super John McGinn.

supermcginn
16-04-2016, 02:26 PM
I though Fyvie was really good apart from 3 duff passes. He worked his socks off, we need McGeough back though.
Fyvie gave the ball away that many times it was frightening just like he did at ibrox at xmas

Mr Grieves
16-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Great penalty when it mattered. Super John McGinn.
Yep, all our penalties were good. Apart from the one in the first half, obviously!

lapsedhibee
16-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Fyvie gave the ball away that many times it was frightening just like he did at ibrox at xmas
:hmmm:

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2016, 02:29 PM

:agree:i lost count how many times fyvie gave the ball to a united player, and crosses in to no one, pretty poor today, he's played a lot better

emerald green
16-04-2016, 02:29 PM
I think the number of games McGinn has played this season is showing. He is a human being. Not a machine.

Even the fittest of players are affected by fatigue. He's probably played more games already this season than most other players in any other team.

League matches, two runs to both national cup finals, and mom for Scotland recently.

Lee Marvin
16-04-2016, 02:34 PM
I'd rest him next 2 games. 2nd is very unlikely and we need him for may

supermcginn
16-04-2016, 02:34 PM
:agree:i lost count how many times fyvie gave the ball to a united player, and crosses in to no one, pretty poor today, he's played a lot better

Yeah he needs to up his game if he wants to keep his place with mcgeouch coming back and bartley outstanding

ancient hibee
16-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Yeah he needs to up his game if he wants to keep his place with mcgeouch coming back and bartley outstanding

tosh.

Itsnoteasy
16-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Big games are for big players. Let's be seeing you in the second half!!!
Not done much since that song came out.

inglisavhibs
16-04-2016, 04:23 PM
I think the number of games McGinn has played this season is showing. He is a human being. Not a machine.

Even the fittest of players are affected by fatigue. He's probably played more games already this season than most other players in any other team.

League matches, two runs to both national cup finals, and mom for Scotland recently.
It,s not just McGinn, you can include Henderson, Cummings and Stevenson in there as well. These guys are running on empty at the moment and second half today the legs had gone. Luckily the back four stayed reasonably solid and when they didn't our goalie (looked like Willie Wilson) was inspired. Time we had a bit of luck at Hampden and today we all went home happy. Tremendous performance to reach two national cup finals from the championship, especially when you see how difficult the draws have been. Unfortunately all the games we have had a detrimental effect on our league form. The main thing Stubbs must have learned from our recent performances is that we need some pace and width in attack. You never know we might see that bus coming down Leith Walk yet!

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Fyvie gave the ball away that many times it was frightening just like he did at ibrox at xmasRubbish. He gave it away about 4 times in 2 hours. He also was easily the most involved Hibs player, very good performance.

Hibby Bairn
16-04-2016, 04:42 PM
I only saw the first half hour. Hibs completely dominated the game and I thought Fyvie, Gray, Stevenson, Bartley, McGinn and Henderson were excellent. Utd had one attack with a great save by Logan.

Haven't seen rest of game yet but that first 30 mins were really very good imo.

Great to have Fyvie back fit.

emerald green
16-04-2016, 05:09 PM
It,s not just McGinn, you can include Henderson, Cummings and Stevenson in there as well. These guys are running on empty at the moment and second half today the legs had gone. Luckily the back four stayed reasonably solid and when they didn't our goalie (looked like Willie Wilson) was inspired. Time we had a bit of luck at Hampden and today we all went home happy. Tremendous performance to reach two national cup finals from the championship, especially when you see how difficult the draws have been. Unfortunately all the games we have had a detrimental effect on our league form. The main thing Stubbs must have learned from our recent performances is that we need some pace and width in attack. You never know we might see that bus coming down Leith Walk yet!

:agree: Hampden is seldom kind to Hibs, so they were due a bit of luck for a change.

When did a team other than Celtic or Rangers (as was) reach both national cup finals in the same season? A great achievement, and Hibs have done it as a Championship club (although they shouldn't be and it drives me nuts).

Nicho87
16-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Fyvie was brutal.

CallumHibs07
16-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Fyvie was hopeless.

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Fyvie was hopeless.

Fyvie was brutal.

No.

MickeyEdwards
16-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Rubbish. He gave it away about 4 times in 2 hours. He also was easily the most involved Hibs player, very good performance.

:agree:

100%

green day
16-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Lots of people posting "Fyvie was rubbish"

Astonishing - did they watch the game on the radio as they certainly were not there.

He made a couple of errors, but was totally involved, close to Bartley, McGregor and Gray as our better outfield players.

Some fans on here, I am convinced, are just moaning pricks (and would still moan if we won the effing thing)

RoscoHibby
16-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Those saying fyvie was brutal clearly weren't at the match and know little about football. Was only beaten to motm by Bartley and Logan. As someone else posted, gave it away 4 times in 2hrs and was on the ball countless times. Our stupid formation and lack of movement didn't help him out much either.

Wee Effen Bee
16-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Lots of people posting "Fyvie was rubbish"

Astonishing - did they watch the game on the radio as they certainly were not there.

He made a couple of errors, but was totally involved, close to Bartley, McGregor and Gray as our better outfield players.

Some fans on here, I am convinced, are just moaning pricks (and would still moan if we won the effing thing)
Agree totally GG. Yes, he did misplace 3/4 passes but that was over 120 minutes. The vast majority of his delivery found a Hibs man though and he was keen to move forward. A more than decent performance IMHO.

SON OF PADDY
16-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Agree totally GG. Yes, he did misplace 3/4 passes but that was over 120 minutes. The vast majority of his delivery found a Hibs man though and he was keen to move forward. A more than decent performance IMHO.

I concur thought Fraser was one of our better players today.

RIP
16-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Fyvie worked his socks off as did Stevenson, Bartley, McGregor, Gray, Hanlon and the amazing Logan. Stokes, Henderson, Cummings, McGinn all half-paced.