PDA

View Full Version : Cummings Interview

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Poor choice of words from Jason dismissing the opinions of anyone unless they have played or been involved in football. The fact is that some fans have watched football for most of their life, have a great understanding of the game and are as knowledgeable as the next person. However I agree with his sentiments, he says team spirit is high and I hope he slots home tomorrow.

eastterrace
15-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Poor choice of words from Jason dismissing the opinions of anyone unless they have played or been involved in football. The fact is that some fans have watched football for most of their life, have a great understanding of the game and are as knowledgeable as the next person. However I agree with his sentiments, he says team spirit is high and I hope he slots home tomorrow. looks like he won't be here next season if we don't go up , with his no comment to the question

oldbutdim
15-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Fitba' folks ken.

Sammy7nil
15-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Yeah I agree. I know he is young laddie but he came across as a right Waallaper :greengrin
Hibs should not have put him in front of the camera as he was always gonna get asked about his contract. Unless he had signed a new deal it was always gonna be ngative.

hibbymick
15-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Is he related to "I've been places" Broon ?

Michael
15-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Where can it be seen/read?

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Where can it be seen/read?

Was just on STV news.

Michael
15-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Was just on STV news.

Cheers. Here it is for anyone wanting to see: http://stv.tv/sport/football/1350730-cummings-keen-to-silence-hibs-critics-but-stays-quiet-on-his-future/

green day
15-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Didn't think it was bad at all. Definitely not "a walloper".

The boy is 20 and right to keep options open.

kj79
15-04-2016, 05:55 PM
wow some interview :rolleyes: least his confidence seems high!

Unseen work
15-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Actually agree with what he has to say.

There is no point taking to heart what people on twitter/fans forum have to say as many don't have a clue

People were saying for years wotherspoon should of been more like that.

Football is a completely different game on the pitch to watching it from your sofa.

Re the contract, so what no one expected him to sign if we were in this league again. Even if we get promoted I can't see it.

leggeto
15-04-2016, 06:28 PM
He has come on loads since we we went down,good player

SunshineOnLeith
15-04-2016, 06:31 PM
looks like he won't be here next season if we don't go up , with his no comment to the question

It's pretty clear from the way STV have cut it that he was already on his way before that question was asked, probably just couldn't be arsed with it.

Lago
15-04-2016, 06:34 PM
looks like he won't be here next season if we don't go up , with his no comment to the question
There will be others away as well if no promotion, you can bet on it.

ancient hibee
15-04-2016, 07:08 PM
There will be others away as well if no promotion, you can bet on it.

So you think that players who can't get us out of this league will be in big demand?

Michael
15-04-2016, 07:19 PM
So you think that players who can't get us out of this league will be in big demand?

The good ones will obviously be.

bingo70
15-04-2016, 07:19 PM
I don't care who's with us next season.

If we go up then that's all I care about, if we stay down then I'm fine with clearing the decks.

Lago
15-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Yes there are individuals there that will get other offers.

Lago
15-04-2016, 07:26 PM

Sammy7nil
15-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Other offers definately big demand maybe not. Remind me how Allan is getting on in Glasgow.

eastterrace
15-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Other offers definately big demand maybe not. Remind me how Allan is getting on in Glasgow. think he is getting paid probably 10000 grand a week so doing fine I would say

MWHIBBIES
15-04-2016, 07:44 PM
I don't care who's with us next season.

If we go up then that's all I care about, if we stay down then I'm fine with clearing the decks.Pretty daft way of looking at it. We clearly have some very good players, improving the weak positions and keeping the good players should be the aim.

Bob1875
15-04-2016, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure who would come in for Cummings tbh, his performances this year have been below par and he's un tested in the SPL.

monktonharp
15-04-2016, 07:54 PM
I haven't read Jason's comments but as I said in another thread, I think it is very wrong for the club to allow this kind of stuff,whether it is for Hibstv or the media. Especially on the eve of a semi-final of the Sottish Cup, the journos are hoping we say good things,so if it ends up bad things they have a field day. Why the hell did they allow Boyle to say....Dundee United are bottom for a reason? why did Stubbsy sit with Mixu, caressing the Cup? just stop this nonsense until we actually do it!. Ban players from meeting the press during this period.

Lago
15-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Other offers definately big demand maybe not. Remind me how Allan is getting on in Glasgow.
Offers and demand may well be 2 different things, but Allan still left to Hibs detriment.

Tyler Durden
15-04-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure who would come in for Cummings tbh, his performances this year have been below par and he's un tested in the SPL.

Aye ok Bob

green day
15-04-2016, 08:45 PM
I haven't read Jason's comments but as I said in another thread, I think it is very wrong for the club to allow this kind of stuff,whether it is for Hibstv or the media. Especially on the eve of a semi-final of the Sottish Cup, the journos are hoping we say good things,so if it ends up bad things they have a field day. Why the hell did they allow Boyle to say....Dundee United are bottom for a reason? why did Stubbsy sit with Mixu, caressing the Cup? just stop this nonsense until we actually do it!. Ban players from meeting the press during this period.

Pre match press is contractual, I believe.

I think we have to offer up mgt and some players for photocalls and interviews.

Bostonhibby
15-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Jason Cummings, Hammer of the Hearts, until we get another one who can fill his boots in these games and be our top scorer whatever league we are in he will do for me, I don't care if I occasionally am better at crosswords or media relations than him.

Bostonhibby
15-04-2016, 09:26 PM

Not a bad record against Premier league teams though, especially big / famous ones. What do you think?

Jack
15-04-2016, 09:31 PM
I think he's right to say what he's said. I was going to start a thread in a similar vein.

I've been unfortunate enough to have been in conversations with a couple of folk recently who have come up from under their stones on the back of our recent bad form.

Hibs are this; Hibs are that; it never going to change until Petrie goes, I'll never go back till he's gone, he's still pulling the strings.

They've never been across the threshold for years before Petrie joined and are never likely to do so. They scream at the telly when the ref doesn't pull up the goalkeeper for not bouncing the ball!

There are a large number of people who speak from a position of ignorance.

silverhibee
15-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Actually agree with what he has to say.

There is no point taking to heart what people on twitter/fans forum have to say as many don't have a clue

People were saying for years wotherspoon should of been more like that.

Football is a completely different game on the pitch to watching it from your sofa.

Re the contract, so what no one expected him to sign if we were in this league again. Even if we get promoted I can't see it.

Yeah, sort of agree with this, folk on forums twitter who haven't been a Pro footballer really don't no what the life of a football player is really like, it's Cummings job, 5 days a week training, he plays at the weekend infront of big crowds, it's not just turn up do a bit training and be in the bookies for 12, unless Fenlon was the manager :cb they are learning everyday in there job just like folk who work in a office, a joiner, bank manager, they are learning all the time to do better in there job, Cummings will learn from this interview, but I like his arrogance at a young age, I would say nothing fazes him, but it would seem he has been reading twitter/forums and what he has read has got to him a bit, hopefully it doesn't play on his mind and he has a blinder tomorrow, as for the "no comment" response, silly thing to say, but maybe the press were told not to ask about the new contract offer and the STV dude chanced his luck and that's how JC replied.

Mind you, after that interview, he really has to now have a good game tomorrow and hopefully bag a couple and make sure Hibs win, if he has a poor game and Hibs go out he will get slated for that interview from folk on twitter/forums.

Sammy7nil
15-04-2016, 09:40 PM
think he is getting paid probably 10000 grand a week so doing fine I would say

Yeah bet he is loving it :wink: you are right tho plenty spare time to count his cash. One to tell the grand kids about. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
15-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Just Jason proving he's a daft laddie :greengrin

silverhibee
15-04-2016, 09:41 PM

Tomorrow is in the bag, Stubbs said so. :wink: :greengrin

Confidence is certainly oozing from everyone at the club for tomorrow and the rest of the season, hopefully they can all back it up by doing it on the pitch, as that's where it counts most of all.

silverhibee
15-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Aye ok Bob

:tee hee:

djs69
15-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Hibs need to send their players on a "how to deal with the media" course. Think we have given too many opposing managers an easy team talk with some of things we've said this season

Sammy7nil
15-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Yeah, sort of agree with this, folk on forums twitter who haven't been a Pro footballer really don't no what the life of a football player is really like, it's Cummings job, 5 days a week training, he plays at the weekend infront of big crowds, it's not just turn up do a bit training and be in the bookies for 12, unless Fenlon was the manager :cb they are learning everyday in there job just like folk who work in a office, a joiner, bank manager, they are learning all the time to do better in there job, Cummings will learn from this interview, but I like his arrogance at a young age, I would say nothing fazes him, but it would seem he has been reading twitter/forums and what he has read has got to him a bit, hopefully it doesn't play on his mind and he has a blinder tomorrow, as for the "no comment" response, silly thing to say, but maybe the press were told not to ask about the new contract offer and the STV dude chanced his luck and that's how JC replied.

Mind you, after that interview, he really has to now have a good game tomorrow and hopefully bag a couple and make sure Hibs win, if he has a poor game and Hibs go out he will get slated for that interview from folk on twitter/forums.

When Billy Brown comes out with this same pish about not being able to comment unless u are a player or coach folk slate him :confused: Yet it is fine for Jason? Hibs are having a terrible time the players just have to take the flack the same way they took the praise. They have the power to change this lets hope they start tomorrow if not Jason and others can expect a lot more of the same.

monktonharp
15-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Pre match press is contractual, I believe.

I think we have to offer up mgt and some players for photocalls and interviews.I did not realise that re-prematch contracts. nevertheless the club has a responsibility to it's fans to get the best out of any contracted players. they look as if they are handing the idea to the opposition, to play against a team that are taking the piss. how would you feel, if the opposition said you were mince? our club need to get wi' the programme.

Velma Dinkley
15-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Opponents will do the best they can against us, regardless of anything that is said or done pre-match. The idea of 'easy team talks' is nonsense.

JimBHibees
15-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Nothing wrong in anything he has said. A confident guy with a bit of swagger who scores in the majority of our biggest games, what is not to like about that. :giruy2:

Bostonhibby
15-04-2016, 10:14 PM
When Billy Brown comes out with this same pish about not being able to comment unless u are a player or coach folk slate him :confused: Yet it is fine for Jason? Hibs are having a terrible time the players just have to take the flack the same way they took the praise. They have the power to change this lets hope they start tomorrow if not Jason and others can expect a lot more of the same.

Folk I know tend to say they slate Billy Broon because he is a purple faced roaster, mostly down to his famous been places and dun hings "speech"

Sammy7nil
15-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Folk I know tend to say they slate Billy Broon because he is a purple faced roaster, mostly down to his famous been places and dun hings "speech"

I agree however they also mention the fact he bangs on about u cant comment unless u r a player or a coach. Thatis exactly what Jas is saying lets hope learns.

Bostonhibby
15-04-2016, 10:43 PM
I agree however they also mention the fact he bangs on about u cant comment unless u r a player or a coach. Thatis exactly what Jas is saying lets hope learns.

:aok:

silverhibee
15-04-2016, 11:28 PM

Jason hasn't been places yet though.

silverhibee
15-04-2016, 11:30 PM

I did say Jason would learn from this interview. :aok:

linxall
16-04-2016, 12:06 AM
I think he's right to say what he's said. I was going to start a thread in a similar vein.

I've been unfortunate enough to have been in conversations with a couple of folk recently who have come up from under their stones on the back of our recent bad form.

There are a large number of people who speak from a position of ignorance.

Your points are good and for instance I could never understand the disdain folk held for Rod Petrie. When Alan Stubbs said "our critics only make us more resolved" (or words to that effect) I read that to mean the Hibs fans who have been critical spur us on.

Without doubt football is a game of opinions.

chrisski33
16-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Hibs need to send their players on a "how to deal with the media" course. Think we have given too many opposing managers an easy team talk with some of things we've said this season

Well said!!

macca70
16-04-2016, 05:10 AM

Every club builds this into players development, Hibs players included. How to conduct yourself in media interviews/press conferences.

Unfortunately, they can teach players behaviours/techniques for dealing with the media but cannae put a brain into some players heids!!

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2016, 06:24 AM

Yes, many managers team talks consist of ''this wee bam fae Hibs said they are favourites''...

JimBHibees
16-04-2016, 06:28 AM
Yes, many managers team talks consist of ''this wee bam fae Hibs said they are favourites''...

:tee hee::top marks Spot on

Waxy
16-04-2016, 06:49 AM
I thought it was fine. He's just a regular guy and doesn't pretend to be anything else. Dunno why anyone would want to read/dwell on negative stuff.

JimBHibees
16-04-2016, 07:30 AM
I thought it was fine. He's just a regular guy and doesn't pretend to be anything else. Dunno why anyone would want to read/dwell on negative stuff.

Agree he is young and living life. Too few characters in the game these days he is certainly one.

500miles
16-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Folk were greeting about a lack of width on Alloa's narrowed pitch.

Cummings might be on to something.

hibee_girl
16-04-2016, 08:02 AM
This isn't a bad interview from him

https://twitter.com/ccp_sport/status/721224183594790912

lapsedhibee
16-04-2016, 08:03 AM
when the ref doesn't pull up the goalkeeper for not bouncing the ball!

Ha. Had forgotten all about that rule. At the time it seemed so normal - an integral part of the game - but looking back it seems bizarrely artificial. Might as well have made him hop on one leg every so many seconds. Fitba's much more sensible now.

chrisski33
16-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Cummings reported to have said this in interview according to the bbc gossip page.....
Hibernian striker Jason Cummings reckons United will be dogged by memories of a 3-0 League Cup defeat at Easter Road earlier this season. (Various)

Cant players keep their gobs shut ahead of a big game? The memory of the 3-0 defeat to us will prob spur utd to beat us and we are more likely to be sadly dogged by our scottish cup record.

Waxy
16-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Cummings reported to have said this in interview according to the bbc gossip page.....
Hibernian striker Jason Cummings reckons United will be dogged by memories of a 3-0 League Cup defeat at Easter Road earlier this season. (Various)

Cant players keep their gobs shut ahead of a big game? The memory of the 3-0 defeat to us will prob spur utd to beat us and we are more likely to be sadly dogged by our scottish cup record.
Bit too much dogging going on there.

theonlywayisup
16-04-2016, 12:08 PM
Penny for your thoughts Jason

Steve-O
16-04-2016, 12:09 PM
Cummings = total fud. Only a winner here will make up for that outrage.

bingo70
16-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Neil McCann hit the nail on the head there, that penalty was all about Jason Cummings, not interested in the team, the club or the fans.

I'd have subbed him immediately, hope he goes on to show why I'm wrong.

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Neil McCann hit the nail on the head there, that penalty was all about Jason Cummings, not interested in the team, the club or the fans.

I'd have subbed him immediately, hope he goes on to show why I'm wrong.Correct - he's been like that since the media speculation and it's all about JC looking good now!

Better redeem himself 2nd half!

Toldo123
16-04-2016, 12:19 PM

I'd have subbed him immediately, hope he goes on to show why I'm wrong.

I will never forgive him for this. Even if he had scored, I would still have been raging. Total disrespect for everyone. I have been critical of Stubbs in recent weeks and even called for his head, but what chance has a manager got when players behave like that.

Keith_M
16-04-2016, 12:34 PM
He's starting to look like one big Mammary Gland.