PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrows game

Allant1981
15-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Is there anyome else not really that bothered/excited about the game? Ive not bought a ticket yet and will decide tomorrow morning, not felt like this for ages about a game especially a semi final of a cup but just cant get up for it

SteveHFC
15-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Not even excited tbh.

Oscar T Grouch
15-04-2016, 03:39 PM
I wish it was anywhere but hampden but as usual I'm exciting and looking forward to seeing Hibs, especially as it looked like I couldn't go earlier in the week.

essexhibee
15-04-2016, 03:39 PM
Not sure I'll even bother to watch. Will record it and check result after. Cant bring myself to watch us at hampden again its too painful.

Pete
15-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Football is dead to me.

I'm off to support Liverpool (or someone like that)

NthCarolinaHibs
15-04-2016, 03:42 PM
No too excited about the game,but that will hopefully change after a few early sherries..

Eaststandee
15-04-2016, 03:43 PM
I'm going but finding it hard to get the slightest bit excited. Hopefully perk up tomorrow.

:flag:

AlbertK86
15-04-2016, 03:43 PM
As always I look forward to backing my team.

One win away from another crack at the holy grail.

I've had forty odd years of mainly disappointment at finals but I cannot believe that if you are a passionate hibby you ain't up for a Scottish cup semi

bingo70
15-04-2016, 03:44 PM
It's the most excited I've ever been about a game I'm not going to.

Not sure why but I'm buzzing for it, got a feeling we will win comfortably.

HH81
15-04-2016, 03:44 PM
In the hotel. Ready for tomorrow lets have it.

2-0 Hibs.

silverhibee
15-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Football is dead to me.

I'm off to support Liverpool (or someone like that)

https://memecrunch.com/meme/3HELJ/bad-form-peter/image.png?w=500&c=1

Off the bar
15-04-2016, 03:46 PM
I'm looking forward to this one, the mrs is out all day tomorrow so I'm green lit to get twatted on the couch in the early afternoon watching the hibs march towards the final! What could possibly go wrong?

hibs0666
15-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Is there anyome else not really that bothered about the game? Ive not bought a ticket yet and will decide tomorrow morning, not felt like this for ages about a game especially a semi final of a cup but just cant get up for it

Time to change your user name. Personally I've got the butterflies and cannot wait for the kick off and day out in glasgow.

Onceinawhile
15-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Can't wait. Early train, hampden, back home and a few beers to celebrate.

Pete
15-04-2016, 03:53 PM
https://memecrunch.com/meme/3HELJ/bad-form-peter/image.png?w=500&c=1

:greengrin

Is this thread an effing wind up?

Not excited about the game??

Maybe we've been spoilt by all these recent hampden appearances. Bring back the days when we only got to a final once every 22 years. :agree:

Blaster
15-04-2016, 04:02 PM

Maybe we've been spoilt by all these recent hampden appearances. Bring back the days when we only got to a final once every 22 years. :agree:

Well said. I thought it was just me. The hampden too painful post is a wind up. Too painful to watch hibs at hampden. It can be disappointing but come on

Allant1981
15-04-2016, 04:06 PM

I've had forty odd years of mainly disappointment at finals but I cannot believe that if you are a passionate hibby you ain't up for a Scottish cup semi

Well i musnt be a passionate fan then as i just cant get excited for it and seeing as we have hardly sold any tickets it looks like im not the only one

Allant1981
15-04-2016, 04:07 PM

Nope not a wind up, compared to recent years this game just hasnt got me as excited, will hopefully change tomorrow

Viva_Palmeiras
15-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Hail! Hail! The hail is here (well is at Falkirk High station) ;)

Been p------g it down in the weedge.
The pitch will be tested hope it's not a determining factor.

Cmon boys stand up and sock it to 'em

Hiber-nation
15-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Not sure I'll even bother to watch. Will record it and check result after. Cant bring myself to watch us at hampden again its too painful.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?????

I don't believe you actually mean this.

stantonhibby
15-04-2016, 04:13 PM

We're doomed.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2016, 04:15 PM
I'm finding it hard to get excited about the game, I must admit. The last few weeks have knocked the stuffing out of me, though I might feel differently tomorrow. I'm not expecting a victory, so there's nothing to lose in that respect. Just hope for the best.

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2016, 04:25 PM
I don't get butterflies leading up to games like I used to when I was younger, but I will have at kick off time ....... the thought of a chance to have another crack at the final is enough to get me excited for this one.

Who cares how many tickets we have sold .... the say quality is better than quantity :aok:

OxoHibby
15-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Really looking forward to it as dont get to many games now.
Up early fly to the weedge - support the Hibees.

Despite recent form don't see why we can't get a result other than its hampden

OtleyHibs
15-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Gutted I won't be there but looking forward to watching it. No idea what way it will go but for some strange reason given both teams current form I think this will be a great match!

ShinyFantastic
15-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Very excited/nervous. Cannot help but dream when we're still in the holy grail at this point, no matter how bad we might be.

Golden Bear
15-04-2016, 04:33 PM
The end is nigh.

We're all doomed, doomed I tell ye!

AlbertK86
15-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Well i musnt be a passionate fan then as i just cant get excited for it and seeing as we have hardly sold any tickets it looks like im not the only one

Passionate fans back their team

Allant1981
15-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Passionate fans back their team

I will be backing them, just not as excited about tomorrow as normal

Edson Arantes
15-04-2016, 05:21 PM

Quite right.

Its Hibs at Hampden ffs. What's not to get excited about, especially when we are gonna win :greengrin.

GGTTH :flag:

hibs0666
15-04-2016, 05:25 PM

You're right, you're not a passionate fan. The passionate ones will be at Hampden.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Really couldn't have given a toss after Saturday and Tuesday but as the week has gone on I've found myself getting more excited and I'm really looking forward to it now.

offshorehibby
15-04-2016, 05:30 PM
In the Weege already. A we day oot the day butterfly's in belly already. Bring it on. It's a semi FFS. GGTTH

Allant1981
15-04-2016, 05:30 PM
You're right, you're not a passionate fan. The passionate ones will be at Hampden.

Aye ok

Thecat23
15-04-2016, 05:31 PM
It's a Scottish Cup Semi Final, I'm as excited as I would normally be! Win this then it's 90 mins from glory. I'm more confident of beating The Rangers or Celtic than I would be a Livvi or Killie if we do make the final.

Albanian Hibs
15-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Just said to the hubby that I am not excited about the thought of going back to hampden yet. A few beers tonight will solve that and the dvds will be on again and i will have that familar excited/nervous feeling in the stomach when i wake in the morning.

Keith_M
15-04-2016, 05:38 PM
I think it's understandable that people are on a bit of a downer about tomorrow's game, given the results of the last 6 to 8 weeks. It was obvious that, if our poor form continued, we'd have a much smaller than usual turnout.

That doesn't mean that the people that aren't going or can't work up the usual enthusiasm are not real Hibbies, or somehow lesser Fans.

I'm sure we all want the team to turn things around and start winning again and will be delighted if tomorrow's match is the catalyst to that happening.

C'mon the Hibees!

:flag:

hailhail22
15-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Am going not really that excited though, my hardest decision is to drink or not 😁

hibs0666
15-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Aye ok

I was only agreeing with you 'Super Hibby'.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Got my picture taken with the Scottish Cup today, really got me nervous now

Thecat23
15-04-2016, 05:55 PM

Same. 😁👍🏼

hibs0666
15-04-2016, 05:56 PM
That doesn't mean that the people that aren't going or can't work up the usual enthusiasm are not real Hibbies, or somehow lesser Fans.

Maybe not lesser fans, but if they can't work up a passion for a Scottish Cup semi final then they can hardly be classed as passionate fans of the club.

I think tomorrow will be reminiscent of the League Cup semi final against the huns. The ones that are making the trip really want to see Hibs prosper, and will give the team better backing than a bigger support with half of it kacking it.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2016, 05:57 PM

I hope you didn't touch it.

GordonHFC
15-04-2016, 05:57 PM

This 100%

Billy Whizz
15-04-2016, 05:58 PM
I hope you didn't touch it.

Sure did, also saw the plaque with Hibs winners in. 1902. Generations of Hibs have said they won't touch it until we win it, hasn't worked😄

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2016, 05:58 PM

Your fault if it all goes awry again :greengrin

Billy Whizz
15-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Your fault if it all goes awry again :greengrin

As has the last 113 years been all my fault too😄

Allant1981
15-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Maybe not lesser fans, but if they can't work up a passion for a Scottish Cup semi final then they can hardly be classed as passionate fans of the club.

I think tomorrow will be reminiscent of the League Cup semi final against the huns. The ones that are making the trip really want to see Hibs prosper, and will give the team better backing than a bigger support with half of it kacking it.

So because people are not going to hampden they dont want to see the club prosper? Ive never heard so much rubbish. Ill probably wake up tomorrow morning itching to go and will be glad i did but at this point in time im not fussed either way, doesnt mean the club means any less to me or i dont want to see them prosper

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2016, 06:01 PM
As has the last 113 years been all my fault too

We have to blame somebody :agree:

matty_f
15-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Get right in about them. Can't wait for the game.

'Mon the Hibs!

hibs0666
15-04-2016, 06:12 PM
So because people are not going to hampden they dont want to see the club prosper? Ive never heard so much rubbish. Ill probably wake up tomorrow morning itching to go and will be glad i did but at this point in time im not fussed either way, doesnt mean the club means any less to me or i dont want to see them prosper

A lot of people are saying they can't be arsed about this game, so of course they don't care about whether Hibs win or lose.

I really hope you do wake up buzzing for it, and join the other 12,000 of us that have the deep passion for our club.

Glesgahibby
15-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Can't wait !!!!!
Bring it on 👍

Franck Stanton
15-04-2016, 07:20 PM
After last Saturdays game/result V Alloa, I really was dreading Tue and tomorrows games, However.....Thought that on Tue v Falkirk, we were the better team, aye okay, we threw it away in last five min, but , imo we only sat so deep that night due to the bad run of form in the previous 6[ish] games. Thought the display up til 75/80 min was good, starting to see signs of early season form, and as a result, now feel quite confident about the game tomorrow. Think we will win, can't say the score, our keeper is a total unknown quantity and expect Unt to try and test him early doors.
As others have said, I don't understand the apathy shown by some - this is a major game, 90 min away from a Scottish Cup Final , and some are saying they can't be bothered to even watch it on TV never mind going to the game. Mental, just pure mental. So, IF we do win, there shouldn't be a clamour for tickets for the final then. Aye, right.

P.S. Stubbs must stay.:gwa:

AlbertK86
15-04-2016, 08:02 PM
After last Saturdays game/result V Alloa, I really was dreading Tue and tomorrows games, However.....Thought that on Tue v Falkirk, we were the better team, aye okay, we threw it away in last five min, but , imo we only sat so deep that night due to the bad run of form in the previous 6[ish] games. Thought the display up til 75/80 min was good, starting to see signs of early season form, and as a result, now feel quite confident about the game tomorrow. Think we will win, can't say the score, our keeper is a total unknown quantity and expect Unt to try and test him early doors. As others have said, I don't understand the apathy shown by some - this is a major game, 90 min away from a Scottish Cup Final , and some are saying they can't be bothered to even watch it on TV never mind going to the game. Mental, just pure mental. So, IF we do win, there shouldn't be a clamour for tickets for the final then. Aye, right. P.S. Stubbs must stay.:gwa:

Very well said that man

Sir David Gray
15-04-2016, 08:06 PM
I'm looking forward to watching Hibs, just like I feel about every game.

I wish it wasn't at Hampden though.

stantonhibby
15-04-2016, 08:07 PM
After last Saturdays game/result V Alloa, I really was dreading Tue and tomorrows games, However.....Thought that on Tue v Falkirk, we were the better team, aye okay, we threw it away in last five min, but , imo we only sat so deep that night due to the bad run of form in the previous 6[ish] games. Thought the display up til 75/80 min was good, starting to see signs of early season form, and as a result, now feel quite confident about the game tomorrow. Think we will win, can't say the score, our keeper is a total unknown quantity and expect Unt to try and test him early doors.
As others have said, I don't understand the apathy shown by some - this is a major game, 90 min away from a Scottish Cup Final , and some are saying they can't be bothered to even watch it on TV never mind going to the game. Mental, just pure mental. So, IF we do win, there shouldn't be a clamour for tickets for the final then. Aye, right.

P.S. Stubbs must stay.:gwa:

Well said..... not sure if it's because we have had quite a lot of trips to Hampden recently that folk are blasé about another semi final. The day I can't get excited about being one game away from SC final will be the day I might as well pack it in.

FranckSuzy
15-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Can't wait :thumbsup: From watching the buses heading out St. John's Road, fellow Hibs fans outside the ground, to the green and white in the stadium (no matter how many turn up), I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. GGTTH.

California-Hibs
15-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Not excited about a very winnable Semi Final in the SCOTTISH CUP?! You gotta give yourself a shake if you're not!

silverhibee
15-04-2016, 09:48 PM
We have to blame somebody :agree:

Yip, Billy Whizz can be our new scapegoat. :greengrin

PatHead
15-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Got 4 brothers that are Arabs and meeting them tomorrow night. (unusual as 1 lives in London and 1 in Paris) For that reason I am nervous but now looking forward to it.

Sammy7nil
15-04-2016, 10:08 PM
A lot of people are saying they can't be arsed about this game, so of course they don't care about whether Hibs win or lose.

I really hope you do wake up buzzing for it, and join the other 12,000 of us that have the deep passion for our club.

What age are u how many disappoints have you had watching Hibs. I am just asking as EVERYONE has their breaking point perhaps some have reached theirs. It does not mean they dont care or want the team to win it simply means they have reached their current limit. Like u I hope they all come back soon but no need to have a pop at LONG suffeing Hibbies.

P. S. I have been going to Hibs games for 48 years I am not going tomorrow I desperately want Hibs to win and really hope the fans that do go have a great day and all get a final ticket should they want one. The 3.5 hour return bus journey from the last cup final did it for me. If if we do win I am watching the final on TV I wont try to take a ticket from someone who has made the effort to go to this game. I have not missed a Hampden trip since the 1979 replay and No one will be happier than me if Hibs win the cup even if am not there.

Onion
15-04-2016, 10:23 PM
What age are u how many disappoints have you had watching Hibs. I am just asking as EVERYONE has their breaking point perhaps some have reached theirs. It does not mean they dont care or want the team to win it simply means they have reached their current limit. Like u I hope they all come back soon but no need to have a pop at LONG suffeing Hibbies.

P. S. I have been going to Hibs games for 48 years I am not going tomorrow I desperately want Hibs to win and really hope the fans that do go have a great day and all get a final ticket should they want one. The 3.5 hour return bus journey from the last cup final did it for me. If if we do win I am watching the final on TV I wont try to take a ticket from someone who has made the effort to go to this game. I have not missed a Hampden trip since the 1979 replay and No one will be happier than me if Hibs win the cup even if am not there.

:top marks That's half the problem with this forum, you get a range of views from peeps who have been supporting Hibs for 2 seasons right up to 42 seasons, all with a wide range of experiences, highs and lots of lows. As you say, everyone has their limit and levels of tollerance and I'm with you on this one - want to see them win that damn cup but been smacked in the mouth once too many times especially in recent seasons.

Schteff
15-04-2016, 11:19 PM
This is the 1st semi I've missed since, I don't even know, well over 15 years, will catch it on tv as I finish at 12 but I'm not feeling slightly bothered about not being at the game..

Think we'll win 3-1

Pete
15-04-2016, 11:23 PM
Christ, can we not just merge this thread with the other one that's on the go so it's all in one place? :rolleyes:

hibs0666
15-04-2016, 11:33 PM

You've lost the passion - fair dos.

Booked4Being-Ugly
15-04-2016, 11:50 PM

P. S. I have been going to Hibs games for 48 years I am not going tomorrow I desperately want Hibs to win and really hope the fans that do go have a great day and all get a final ticket should they want one. The 3.5 hour return bus journey from the last cup final did it for me. If if we do win I am watching the final on TV I wont try to take a ticket from someone who has made the effort to go to this game. I have not missed a Hampden trip since the 1979 replay and No one will be happier than me if Hibs win the cup even if am not there.I'm not going tomorrow either. The last trip to Hampden done me and and my son in whom I dragged to the game despite him being ill. We never had anything to eat or drink for hours!

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much either about taking a ticket for the final. I know a few guys that are going tomorrow that have only been to 2/3 Hibs games this season. I'll be looking for a couple of tickets myself If we make the final - i'll just need to psyche myself up for the trip though!

Meant to say I hope it's a good day out this time for all the Hibs fans attending.

:hibees

Pete
16-04-2016, 12:15 AM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/6/6c/Jesus-facepalm.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141012190735

Pete
16-04-2016, 12:30 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/Hampden_Park_WP_EN.JPG

:bye:

ALF TUPPER
16-04-2016, 05:47 AM
In the Weege already. A we day oot the day butterfly's in belly already. Bring it on. It's a semi FFS. GGTTH

Welcome to the Weege.

Butterflies? You sure you've not just been sampling some of our deep fried culinary delights ? 🙈😜

ALF TUPPER
16-04-2016, 06:05 AM
I can top trump 42 seasons and shared in all the disappoints , heartaches and embarrassments over the years.
I totally get why folk don't want to put themselves through another Hampden visit.
If you're watching at home, in the pub/club wherever .......I know you'll be cheering the guys on. Doesn't make you less of a Hibby IMO. Enjoy the game.

Those of you who are as daft as me and bought tickets. I'll see you and hear you all at the game. I hope we all have a great day wherever we are.

All Hibbies .... At Hampden, home, pub, club or overseas enjoy the game and I hope we get another day at the national stadium.

GGTTH

flash
16-04-2016, 06:09 AM
This thread..........deary me.

AlbertK86
16-04-2016, 06:13 AM
Absolutely buzzing now

Mon the hibees

andy1875
16-04-2016, 06:15 AM
Like many others have posted, I havent been particularly excited about this game, especially after the huge dissapointment of Tuesday night.

However......

Now the game is here, I cant wait for kick off. I know a few ST holders who arent going today but thats a personal choice and one I can understand if i'm honest. Im meeting my group at 9am and ive been awake since 6am. :greengrin

This game is reminding me a bit of the Rangers semi whereby there was a relatively small support, 7-8k that night, 12k today? But we will still make a good atmosphere and hopefully be celebrating another SC final.

Today could very well prove to be the catalyst for us pushing on this season.

GGTTH and enjoy the day everyone. (Be it at the game or in your living rooms/pub)

Cheshire Hibby
16-04-2016, 06:24 AM
Beautiful sunny morning here in Stockport. Now for the M60, M61, M6 and M74 - Hampden here I come. C'mon the Hibs.

ALF TUPPER
16-04-2016, 06:29 AM
Beautiful sunny morning here in Stockport. Now for the M60, M61, M6 and M74 - Hampden here I come. C'mon the Hibs.

Safe journey Chesh ! 👍🏻

JimBHibees
16-04-2016, 06:30 AM

Safe trip mate. Hope it is worth it. :not worth:flag:

hibs0666
16-04-2016, 06:32 AM

Glorious morning in glasgow too. Mon the Hibs!

Cannae wait.

stantonhibby
16-04-2016, 07:18 AM
This thread..........deary me.

The other one is not much better!

HH81
16-04-2016, 07:25 AM

Last time I drove M62, M60, M61, M6 amd M74.

Didn't fancy driving today so stayed over. Mon the Hibs.

Rory
16-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Won't be at hampden today and I'm not proud but I need to save some monies . Will be the happiest Hibee in Inverness if we win today. We are Hibernian fc

eastterrace
16-04-2016, 09:55 AM
What age are u how many disappoints have you had watching Hibs. I am just asking as EVERYONE has their breaking point perhaps some have reached theirs. It does not mean they dont care or want the team to win it simply means they have reached their current limit. Like u I hope they all come back soon but no need to have a pop at LONG suffeing Hibbies. P. S. I have been going to Hibs games for 48 years I am not going tomorrow I desperately want Hibs to win and really hope the fans that do go have a great day and all get a final ticket should they want one. The 3.5 hour return bus journey from the last cup final did it for me. If if we do win I am watching the final on TV I wont try to take a ticket from someone who has made the effort to go to this game. I have not missed a Hampden trip since the 1979 replay and No one will be happier than me if Hibs win the cup even if am not there. well said , I thought my 3 hour 10 min journey back last time was a record but you beat me on that one , oh I've been going thru to that dump since 1966 so thought time for a wee rest and watch it on the telly

Cheshire Hibby
16-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Arrived safely. Section D3 Thanks for messages. C'mon the Hibs

Billy Whizz
16-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Yip, Billy Whizz can be our new scapegoat. :greengrin

Since when Silver. I'm the lucky mascot, told you yesterday😄😄😄😄