PDA

View Full Version : John McGinn.

NathHFC
14-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Has not been so great as of late, I know we haven't had the best run of results but he has not been as good in these past few games. At least the players all played well against Falkirk but I forgot he was even playing at some points in the game. Just does not look confident going forward and the opposing teams have caught on to the way he plays.
Don't know if it is just me but he has not been so 'super' lately

Golden Bear
14-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Let's hope John is not reading your vote of confidence in his abilities and this only 2 days before the semi.

SJM
14-04-2016, 07:30 PM
He was fantastic for Scotland.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Has not been so great as of late, I know we haven't had the best run of results but he has not been as good in these past few games. At least the players all played well against Falkirk but I forgot he was even playing at some points in the game. Just does not look confident going forward and the opposing teams have caught on to the way he plays.

You can't expect him to maintain his consistency, he was always going to have a dip in form. Thankfully form is temporary, class is permanent.

hibby6270
14-04-2016, 07:34 PM
Definitely had a 'better' game on Tuesday than of late but the laddie just looks as though he's run out of steam. He's just a young lad and stamina will get better.
No way though he's become a bad player. As you say, just not as 'super' as he was up until end January.
Like Henderson on Tuesday, McGinn needs a rest, a game off. Won't be in the next 2 games though I'm guessing. Depending on results in these games he could be rested after the Sevco game.

Anyone else agree?

Unseen work
14-04-2016, 07:56 PM
I think he looks shattered, also he is not a wide midfielder

Also I think we all need to calm with his song, it gets sung nearly every 10 minutes in a game.

Schteff
14-04-2016, 08:00 PM
MOTM in debut for Scotland playing CM, Stubbs plays his LM...

Hmmm

FranckSuzy
14-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Let's hope John is not reading your vote of confidence in his abilities and this only 2 days before the semi.

:agree: I despair of this place sometimes, I really do. The boy gives 100% in every game and is understandably shattered but he never shirks or hides, he just keeps on going, again and again.

He has a fantastic attitude, is a wonderful talent and no wonder he received the HSA's POTY award on Sunday, IMHO.

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2016, 08:06 PM

Hmmm

I thought it was a good call. What would you have done? Dropped Bartley or Fyvie (mom and I'd imagine a close runner up) and played Keatings on the left?

Schteff
14-04-2016, 08:08 PM
I thought it was a good call. What would you have done? Dropped Bartley or Fyvie (mom and I'd imagine a close runner up) and played Keatings on the left?

Played a 3-5-2 with Stevenson as LWB

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Played a 3-5-2 with Stevenson as LWB

Good shout but I don't think he's got enough to play out there in his own. Maybe if we had someone else to play LWB.

Golden Bear
14-04-2016, 08:16 PM
:agree: I despair of this place sometimes, I really do. The boy gives 100% in every game and is understandably shattered but he never shirks or hides, he just keeps on going, again and again.

He has a fantastic attitude, is a wonderful talent and no wonder he received the HSA's POTY award on Sunday, IMHO.

Yip, I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's the best player to wear a Hibs jersey since your user namesake himself!

Wee Effen Bee
14-04-2016, 08:19 PM

So: Oxley, Gray, Stevenson, MacGregor, Bartley, Thomson, Cummings, Stokes and now McGinn being singled out! FFS! He's been 'super' for most of the season and very few players, even experienced ones, are great every game. Are there ulterior motives in these threads? We are not playing well at the moment I agree but to come on the forum just to slag off various players is very easy - the lowest/ most common denominator on football forums IMHO. It seems as if negativity has been the life force for many on here lately.

CentreLine
14-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Definitely had a 'better' game on Tuesday than of late but the laddie just looks as though he's run out of steam. He's just a young lad and stamina will get better.
No way though he's become a bad player. As you say, just not as 'super' as he was up until end January.
Like Henderson on Tuesday, McGinn needs a rest, a game off. Won't be in the next 2 games though I'm guessing. Depending on results in these games he could be rested after the Sevco game.

Anyone else agree?

Off topic, but having had a few drams, at first glance, your avatar looked like a Hibs strip. Yes I know, I'll be sober in the morning :drunk:

Viva_Palmeiras
14-04-2016, 08:31 PM

What the hell - throw the baby out with the bath water, shoot 'em all down.

Im sure we have some football coaches on Hibs.net that have moved overseas. I'd be interested to hear whether our Scottish mentality is on the balance a help or a hindrance.

Me? I think need to shift from negativity to positivity and a lot of or "worldview" holds us back.

Wee Effen Bee
14-04-2016, 08:34 PM
What the hell - throw the baby out with the bath water, shoot 'em all down...

Me? I think need to shift from negativity to positivity and a lot of or "worldview" holds us back.
:agree:

donno
14-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Just about all young lads who have been performing well in the leagues this year have all had dips in form. You don't lose it overnight. Should not have so much pressure to perform on young shoulders.

Joe6-2
14-04-2016, 08:44 PM

Hmmm

Exactly!!!

green day
14-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Are there ulterior motives in these threads?

Aye, sometimes I think they are straight out the Merchiston Hearts club and on to Hibs.net.

Either that or they just hate hibs.

Stantons Angel
14-04-2016, 10:04 PM
I really do hope none of the players read posts like this two days before a cup final!

Gawd get off his back and let him do his talking on the park! he is so young and has had a brilliant start to his Hibs career.

Its the Scottish Cup Semi Final on Saturday and he doesnt need this sort of negativity so get behind them all each one in a Hibs top needs our support on Saturday.

NathHFC
14-04-2016, 10:18 PM
Not saying he has been the worst player on the pitch,far from it but I know he is most likely tired but all im saying is he has not been his best.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2016, 10:21 PM

HmmmHe didn't do THAT much for Scotland though, he isn't a CM in a 4-4-2 as much as he isn't a LM. He works best in the diamond.

Spike Mandela
14-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Cue MOTM performance on Saturday.:greengrin

Onceinawhile
14-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Super John mcginn?
I just don't think you understand.

Hi Heid Yin
14-04-2016, 10:39 PM
John McGinn has not hit the same heights he did earlier in the season, but this can be applied to most of our team these past 2 months. Collectively we have been poor. No single individual is to blame for our terrible run of only 5 points from a possible 24.