PDA

View Full Version : Scott Robertson last years play offs

pennyhibee
14-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Interesting quote from Scott Robertson on STV saying he is quite comfortable having to play a quarter final for Raith this year as he thought Hibs lost momentum waiting 18 days to play rangers last year.Also good to see the Hbs players now saying they want revenge on Falkirk after their celebrations Tuesday night and they don't want to see another team able to celebrate against them again

Islington Hibs
14-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Interesting quote from Scott Robertson on STV saying he is quite comfortable having to play a quarter final for Raith this year as he thought Hibs lost momentum waiting 18 days to play rangers last year.Also good to see the Hbs players now saying they want revenge on Falkirk after their celebrations Tuesday night and they don't want to see another team able to celebrate against them again

I think there is some truth in that- playing keeps the momentum going. That said Hibs will have had a gruelling schedule. To the Legal Cup final, hopefully to The Scottish Cup final and up to 6 play-offs.

SlickShoes
14-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Folk keep saying our players need a rest, then when they get rest its been too long and we lose momentum.

We either seem to have too many games or not enough, don't know the last time we just played weekly matches.

Stokesy's on fire
14-04-2016, 09:14 PM

There was plenty of us thought our wait to play Sevco worked against us and it could well be true. Also talking of Scott Robertson he was a fine player! All round good lad who fought and worked hard

Nicho87
14-04-2016, 09:17 PM
If and a big if we get to cup and play off final. Its tuesday first leg, saturday cup final, wednesday 2nd leg. Just saying like. Can you even imagine.....

high bee
14-04-2016, 09:49 PM
At least we won't be going to La Manga at the moment. It may be a great environment but I feel we struggle after going there.

Forza Fred
14-04-2016, 10:05 PM
At least we won't be going to La Manga at the moment. It may be a great environment but I feel we struggle after going there.

I agree

We should go to Peebles instead

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Is there as big a gap for the team finding 2nd this season?

ozhibs
14-04-2016, 11:37 PM
I agree

We should go to Peebles instead

I had the best years of my life in Peebles still have a son who lives there. :-)

Centre Hawf
15-04-2016, 12:29 AM
It's an interesting conundrum. I've always felt that the break killed our momentum too, we didn't come back sharp enough from La Manga and the second leg was when we really managed to get back into our stride a bit but by then The Rangers had a lead to hold onto and we know what happens when the onus is on us to go out and score goals.

Do I believe in the momentum theory enough to want us to finish 3rd? Perhaps just a little. But as a fickle Hibs fan I'm still going to complain that we didn't finish 2nd.

dangermouse
15-04-2016, 02:54 PM
All the more pleasing if we finish third and get promoted. Hope we give Houston a big GIRFUY!

SQHib
15-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Is there as big a gap for the team finding 2nd this season?

No they moved all the games back last year as the huns were in the 3 v 4 play-off and bt sport wanted them on - hence we ended up with 18 day gap

teams complete season on may 1st - team that finishes 2nd get 10 day break as 2 v 3/4 1st leg scheduled for 11 may

MAY 2016

4 Premiership play-off quarter-final, 1st leg
7 Premiership play-off quarter-final, 2nd leg

11 Premiership play-off semi-final, 1st leg
14 Premiership play-off semi-final, 2nd leg

The_Horde
15-04-2016, 05:32 PM
It's an interesting conundrum. I've always felt that the break killed our momentum too, we didn't come back sharp enough from La Manga and the second leg was when we really managed to get back into our stride a bit but by then The Rangers had a lead to hold onto and we know what happens when the onus is on us to go out and score goals.

Do I believe in the momentum theory enough to want us to finish 3rd? Perhaps just a little. But as a fickle Hibs fan I'm still going to complain that we didn't finish 2nd.

This year would it not only be a weeks break?

Eyrie
15-04-2016, 06:17 PM
This year would it not only be a weeks break?

A week's break that we will need at the end of this run of playing twice a week, and a week's break that we will instead miss out on due to our current run of results.

leggeto
15-04-2016, 06:20 PM
We are a cup team,we will win the cup and the playoffs, but saying that I am on the bevy right now

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2016, 07:20 PM

i always have a lack of energy after coming back from my holidays too

:greengrin

Itsnoteasy
15-04-2016, 08:40 PM
I think there is some truth in that- playing keeps the momentum going. That said Hibs will have had a gruelling schedule. To the Legal Cup final, hopefully to The Scottish Cup final and up to 6 play-offs.

Gruelling Schedule. That excuse doesn't wear with me.
Professional athletes & squad rotation available.
Deary me.

MWHIBBIES
15-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Gruelling Schedule. That excuse doesn't wear with me.
Professional athletes & squad rotation available.
Deary me.It is a fact we have a very tough schedule. They are professional athletes, not robots.

Itsnoteasy
16-04-2016, 07:32 AM
It is a fact we have a very tough schedule. They are professional athletes, not robots.

Excluding today Hibs have played 44 matches.
Sevilla have played 53. Knocked out of champions league,now in semis of Europe. Had same schedule last year as they won Europa.
Wonder if they were complaining. Probably not as they were winning.

Sevilla signing policy must be robots.

Speedy
16-04-2016, 07:47 AM
Sevilla have played 53. Knocked out of champions league,now in semis of Europe. Had same schedule last year as they won Europa.

Sevilla signing policy must be robots.

How does that compare against their Europa league competitors?

If everyone had played 50+ games then it's not really a relevant comparison.

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2016, 07:50 AM

Sevilla signing policy must be robots.As already posted, it is relative to the teams they are playing, if everybody is tired nobody is tired.

Sevilla have a winter break, better staff, scientists and facilities. They are also under performing in the league and have hardly won an away game all season iirc.

MKHIBEE
16-04-2016, 08:10 AM
I had the best years of my life in Peebles still have a son who lives there. :-)
I had my best years there, if only I realised it at the time.

Itsnoteasy
16-04-2016, 09:01 AM
As already posted, it is relative to the teams they are playing, if everybody is tired nobody is tired.

Sevilla have a winter break, better staff, scientists and facilities. They are also under performing in the league and have hardly won an away game all season iirc.

Did Hibs no have a break to Spain. B4 cup final.
Also if they had a winter break that means they have played more games in less time. So what's your argument about the better facilities,staff & scientists when the famous five & t tornadoes were training on public parks, along with most other teams in the world

Albion Hibs
16-04-2016, 11:08 AM
I guess given the position they are in the league he has to say that. That said once in the play offs the team that gets through the first round will no doubt benefit from plenty of confidence going into the next game. So long as we are not chucking money away on trips away I am fine with whatever.

Callum_62
16-04-2016, 02:35 PM
If we are really needing a rest, and we dont win on Wednesday

We have a perfect chance to rest our key plays over last few games of the season

Hamish
16-04-2016, 03:28 PM
For anyone interested Dumbarton v Raith on Alba at 5.15.