PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ON THIS DAY: HIBERNIAN 3-0 LIVINGSTON

RSS Bot
14-04-2016, 07:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6397)

hibby6270
14-04-2016, 08:37 PM
Nice reminder article but it was actually 22 years since our previous final and not 32 years - unless my arithmetic has gone wrong in my old age. :greengrin

JohnStephens91
14-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Nice reminder article but it was actually 22 years since our previous final and not 32 years - unless my arithmetic has gone wrong in my old age. :greengrin

Good spot, it's changed now! :greengrin

Thanks for the kind words, shame about my arithmetic, GGTTH!

hibby6270
14-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Good spot, it's changed now! :greengrin

Thanks for the kind words, shame about my arithmetic, GGTTH!

No problem.
:aok:

Pete
14-04-2016, 09:14 PM
I think we had well over 20000 bodies through that day.

Very drunk though.

IberianHibernian
14-04-2016, 09:22 PM
That was a great Hibs team , far more than Latapy and Sauzee . Ulrik L and John O`Neill were excellent players for example . Just a pity we had so many key players less than 100% or not available for final against what was a very good Celtic team . What happened to John O`Neill after he left us ? I can remember nervously watching the game online with a text commentary ( had relatives from Ireland visiting who were impressed by modern technology since this was before Hibs TV started or with live broadcasts anyway - think we were first club based in Scotland to offer live video of matches ) . Was probably a 3 pm kick off and I remember seeing photos of huge Hibernian support with thousands of Erin Go Bragh flags . First SC final for 22 years so was massive result ( we`ve been spoilt with finals and semis in both cups in last 4 years something critics of Fenlon and Stubbs should remember ) .

Nicho87
14-04-2016, 09:26 PM
My mum was with us at the game, o'neil scored after two minutes, she thought the cheering was the kick off. Oh dear.

SJM
14-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Sure Oneil played in the Scottish Cup final with Gretna?

Was some day in the sun. Loved that game almost as much as the quarters to get their.

Jonnyboy
14-04-2016, 09:28 PM
That was a great Hibs team , far more than Latapy and Sauzee . Ulrik L and John O`Neill were excellent players for example . Just a pity we had so many key players less than 100% or not available for final against what was a very good Celtic team . What happened to John O`Neill after he left us ? I can remember nervously watching the game online with a text commentary ( had relatives from Ireland visiting who were impressed by modern technology since this was before Hibs TV started or with live broadcasts anyway - think we were first club based in Scotland to offer live video of matches ) . Was probably a 3 pm kick off and I remember seeing photos of huge Hibernian support with thousands of Erin Go Bragh flags . First SC final for 22 years so was massive result ( we`ve been spoilt with finals and semis in both cups in last 4 years something critics of Fenlon and Stubbs should remember ) .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_O'Neil_%28footballer%29

SaulGoodman
14-04-2016, 09:34 PM
Sure Oneil played in the Scottish Cup final with Gretna?

Was some day in the sun. Loved that game almost as much as the quarters to get their.

Missed the last penalty iirc

SJM
14-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Missed the last penalty iirc

I'll take your word for it mate I wouldn't have watched it if you payed me 😂👍