PDA

View Full Version : For those that don't think HSL is worthwhile.

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 08:31 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/foh-fans-3-8-million-crucial-in-hearts-march-into-europe-1-4099261

They are going to be difficult to compete with while their fans get behind them like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
14-04-2016, 08:38 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/foh-fans-3-8-million-crucial-in-hearts-march-into-europe-1-4099261

They are going to be difficult to compete with while their fans get behind them like that.

Impressive but I thought they were saving up to pay budge back plus interest so they could own their club via purchase of shares.

Now sounding like they are spending some of it to finance a midweek thrashing in the first qualifying round in Europe by a team from somewhere like Latvia that no one has ever heard of.

Brightside
14-04-2016, 08:43 AM

Shame they didn't bother paying off their debts. Hopefully we never follow the business model of that lot.

marinello59
14-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Impressive but I thought they were saving up to pay budge back plus interest so they could own their club via purchase of shares.

Now sounding like they are spending some of it to finance a midweek thrashing in the first qualifying round in Europe by a team from somewhere like Latvia that no one has ever heard of.

They are doing both. Like it or not that's a decent effort from them.

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Shame they didn't bother paying off their debts. Hopefully we never follow the business model of that lot.

Of course. Their old business model was a disgrace. Their new one, however, is proving to be very successful. It has increased their fans connection with the club and is bringing in very substantial amounts of money.
Hopefully in time, resistance to HSL will drop and we can start to think about catching them up.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2016, 08:57 AM
They are doing both. Like it or not that's a decent effort from them.
The sum raised and commitment by football fans is commendable. It's the shifting priority for the money that interests me, the finance people at tynecastle will do what they do I suppose. Seems like it's their own money this time so far but unless budge just hands them the club the ownership dream is slowed down a bit.

Gatecrasher
14-04-2016, 09:02 AM
You have to say fair play to them, that's a lot of extra income to their club. Hopefully in time we can do something similar, but that will take a change in attitude from our support.

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 09:07 AM
The sum raised and commitment by football fans is commendable. It's the shifting priority for the money that interests me, the finance people at tynecastle will do what they do I suppose. Seems like it's their own money this time so far but unless budge just hands them the club the ownership dream is slowed down a bit.
It has not shifted one bit as far as I can see. The plan was always to put first two years cash into working capital. Next year they start paying budge back.
They may push that back to fund the new stand but nothing has been announced yet. What it will do is allow them to build a stand without effecting their player budget.

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 09:09 AM
You have to say fair play to them, that's a lot of extra income to their club. Hopefully in time we can do something similar, but that will take a change in attitude from our support.

Exactly, there seems to be a big part of the Hibs support who are still suspicious of HSL. Hopefully in time they will see what it can achieve.

scoopyboy
14-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Exactly, there seems to be a big part of the Hibs support who are still suspicious of HSL. Hopefully in time they will see what it can achieve.

HSL are doing well, Hearts were at an advantage that their club were fighting for their lives.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 09:29 AM
HSL are doing well, Hearts were at an advantage that their club were fighting for their lives.

I agree that Rome wasn't built in a day but we really need fans to get behind the club now.
While Hearts were indeed in crisis when FoH began, they are no longer in crisis and are in fact in rude financial health. Yet their fans are still chipping in because the can see the advantage it gives them.
I would also say that we have a bit of a crisis ourselves just now which could get a lot worse.
We really need the Hibs fans to get behind this.
It is not a large financial commitment but a lot of people chipping in a small amount each month can make a massive difference.
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

carnoustiehibee
14-04-2016, 09:32 AM

It'll take a turnaround in the teams success first. HSL will follow

Pretty Boy
14-04-2016, 09:46 AM

Always worth remembering that FOH was working away in the background since 2009 but only really came to the fore when they had no other choice. Until that point no one at Hearts was really interested.

There was a lot of time for FOH to iron out issues and such like before they were really relevant. A luxury HSL hasn't always jad.

G B Young
14-04-2016, 09:50 AM
I agree that Rome wasn't built in a day but we really need fans to get behind the club now.
While Hearts were indeed in crisis when FoH began, they are no longer in crisis and are in fact in rude financial health. Yet their fans are still chipping in because the can see the advantage it gives them.
I would also say that we have a bit of a crisis ourselves just now which could get a lot worse.
It is not a large financial commitment but a lot of people chipping in a small amount each month can make a massive difference.

The only reason Hearts are in 'rude financial health' is because the administration process enabled them to simply walk away from £30 million of debt. That's what sticks in the craw of clubs who cut their cloth to cope with the financial realities of Scottish football. To annexe a couple of Scottish Cups while running a gigantic squad of players you can't actually afford to pay made the whole scam worthwhile in the eyes of most Hearts fans, who now brag about how they saved the club and are digging deep to prove their loyalty. The club, in fact, was only saved because enough creditors were forced to accept they'd never see a penny of the money Romanov owed them. The sums raised by FOH would have been a drop in the ocean otherwise and the club would have been liquidated.

For Hibs, the perception is that the club has been very well managed financially and there's no urgency to dig deep to provide them with additional funding. That's why HSL is a slow burner at present.

Andy74
14-04-2016, 09:56 AM

I don't think there is opposition to any great extent. I know you are trying to help but not sure a few of your posts are actually helping matters that much.

Drewster
14-04-2016, 09:57 AM
The only reason Hearts are in 'rude financial health' is because the administration process enabled them to simply walk away from £30 million of debt. That's what sticks in the craw of clubs who cut their cloth to cope with the financial realities of Scottish football. To annexe a couple of Scottish Cups while running a gigantic squad of players you can't actually afford to pay made the whole scam worthwhile in the eyes of most Hearts fans, who now brag about how they saved the club and are digging deep to prove their loyalty. The club, in fact, was only saved because enough creditors were forced to accept they'd never see a penny of the money Romanov owed them. The sums raised by FOH would have been a drop in the ocean otherwise and the club would have been liquidated.

For Hibs, the perception is that the club has been very well managed financially and there's no urgency to dig deep to provide them with additional funding. That's why HSL is a slow burner at present.

The truly disappointing fact is that if we had 8000 Hibs Fans willing to pay £26 per month for 12 months we would now own 51% of our Club!!?

Bostonhibby
14-04-2016, 09:58 AM
It has not shifted one bit as far as I can see. The plan was always to put first two years cash into working capital. Next year they start paying budge back.
They may push that back to fund the new stand but nothing has been announced yet. What it will do is allow them to build a stand without effecting their player budget.
Indulge me[emoji6]

As in all things yam. Time will tell.

Meantime we continue to do all the right things with a share issue to transfer as much of the club to as many fans who want it. What's not to like?

green&left
14-04-2016, 10:08 AM

I appriciate the passion the HSL volunteers have for HSL but its becoming tiresome now - "we won't progress as a club unless you give us extra cash over and above our inflated season ticket prices". The constant comparison to HSL/Hibernian and Foh/Hearts is a joke aswell. They've won two Scottish cups, runners-up in the premier league, alot of top 6 finishes and somehow managed to essentially write of a £30m debt. Despite their relegation last season there was and is a massive feelgood factor at Tynie. We on the other hand, in the same time frame have had to endure some of the darkest moments in our history. Hibs fans have backed the club very very well considering our circumstances. From season ticket sales to the east terrace etc.

I donate a fiver just now. I'll up it to £20 a month when our silent multi-millionaire owner and Petrie disappear, and/or when their is something good to shout about at Hibs.

Leithenhibby
14-04-2016, 10:14 AM
I don't think there is opposition to any great extent. I know you are trying to help but not sure a few of your posts are actually helping matters that much.

I disagree.

This Hibs fan has nailed his/her colours to the mast and has a passion for HSL to succeed. Now sitting at just over 8% (you may want to update your profile photo Oz :greengrin )

Many Hibs fans have said they would like a bigger, more meaningful say in "their" club. HSL can provide that platform just like FoH, has done, is doing across the city.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 10:22 AM

I knew you would be over to stick the boot in as soon as you saw HSL in the thread title. [emoji23]

Andy74
14-04-2016, 11:48 AM
I knew you would be over to stick the boot in as soon as you saw HSL in the thread title. [emoji23]

Behave. I'm an HSL subscriber. You are just doing more harm to its cause in some of your attempts to promote it. You should think about your approach and whether it helps or not.

Banging on about opposition, talking about people putting the boot in and consistently having a go at people buying direct should not be what promoting HSL is about.

marinello59
14-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Behave. I'm an HSL subscriber. You are just doing more harm to its cause in some of your attempts to promote it. You should think about your approach and whether it helps or not.

Banging on about opposition, talking about people putting the boot in and consistently having a go at people buying direct should not be what promoting HSL is about.

I haven't seen him have a go at anybody buying direct. :greengrinHe might go on about it a bit but at least it's positive.

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 01:11 PM

Anytime I post anything about HSL, you are there within minutes trying to knock it. Maybe it's just me you don't like? If so, that's fine, I'm not offended.
Apologies if you don't think fans should try to encourage other fans to sign up. Maybe you could put me on ignore?

Billy Whizz
14-04-2016, 01:35 PM

Why don't you help then?

Spike Mandela
14-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Were Hearts season tickets not a lot cheaper around £280 if memory serves and cheap kids tickets for really low price.?

So even though they sold more tickets than us, at around £100 cheaper perhaps not a massively huge amount of money more than us and making the shortfall/payback payments even more important.

If their season ticket prices go up significantly this year it would be interesting to see if thes payments drop off.

Andy74
14-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Why don't you help then?

I'm helping by providing the benefit of my advice😀

I think the scheme is great but best way to promote it is to be positive about its unique benefits. Leaving out some of the misinformation and talk about opposition.

It's not a contest with buying direct or anything else.

I'm not the only one to point out that approach is quite important if you don't want to put people off.

Smartie
14-04-2016, 02:51 PM
I'll applaud this magnificent effort from the fans - but only if I'm allowed to stand side by side with all those stiffed creditors as they applaud them.

F*** them, their reinvention and their re-writing of history.

Save the Children indeed.

Tyler Durden
14-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Not often I say this but I agree 100% with Andy.

Ozy's comparisons are a little disingenuous IMO. We don't even know that Hearts have a higher playing budget than we do. They didn't win the league last year over us due to their budget.

In terms of achievements, we could still be in Europe ourselves.

Good on FOH but they'll start repaying the debt soon, let's see how that works out for them. And there's still no detail on how they'll be funding their stand.

If Hibs can just get out this bl##dy league, it very clearly is a level playing field and we'll no doubt see further people sign up to HSL.

Tyler Durden
14-04-2016, 02:56 PM

Build a stand without affecting their player budget?

Nonsense

stantonhibby
14-04-2016, 03:17 PM

Ozy's comparisons are a little disingenuous IMO. We don't even know that Hearts have a higher playing budget than we do. They didn't win the league last year over us due to their budget.

Good on FOH but they'll start repaying the debt soon, let's see how that works out for them. And there's still no detail on how they'll be funding their stand.

If Hibs can just get out this bl##dy league, it very clearly is a level playing field and we'll no doubt see further people sign up to HSL.

It always puzzles me some of our fans are happy to talk down our club at every turn but will give that club praise quite readily.

SunshineOnLeith
14-04-2016, 03:24 PM

FWIW, Ozy has actively turned me off from having any interest in signing up to HSL. So, at least in my own case, you're absolutely correct.

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm helping by providing the benefit of my advice[emoji3]

I think the scheme is great but best way to promote it is to be positive about its unique benefits. Leaving out some of the misinformation and talk about opposition.

It's not a contest with buying direct or anything else.

I'm not the only one to point out that approach is quite important if you don't want to put people off.

Misinformation?
And are you saying there has been no opposition to HSL?
If you think your advice so valuable why not try make it constructive?

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 03:30 PM
FWIW, Ozy has actively turned me off from having any interest in signing up to HSL. So, at least in my own case, you're absolutely correct.

I bet you were just about to sign up as well. Probably for the £100 a month option. [emoji23] Very sad.

LeithMike
14-04-2016, 03:30 PM
I'm supporting HSL through the £18.75 a month payment like a lot of others I'm sure. I think it's a great initiative but I do worry what will happen at the end of 12 months and whether subscribers will continue to donate on a monthly basis after already achieving membership. The annual contribution could, therefore, be reduced drastically. I think some kind of new scheme needs to be devised to get people subscribing in perpetuity.

Comparing with the Hearts model, I am sure a lot of their fans are investing in Budge's vision for the club and the tangible progress that is being made. All ties with their previous, failed owners and directors, have been cut. Hibs supporters, meanwhile, are being asked to invest in a club where the owners and board that have presided over our compounded decline in recent years are still in situ. I think that must act as a disincentive.

SunshineOnLeith
14-04-2016, 04:14 PM
I bet you were just about to sign up as well. Probably for the £100 a month option. [emoji23] Very sad.

I was never going to sign up for anything other than the minimum unless they gave people who contribute more a bigger say in voting.

But from the outset I've (perhaps incorrectly) thought that you were at least involved in, if not a representative of, HSL and the nature of your posts made me want no part in it whatsoever.

Pretty Boy
14-04-2016, 04:30 PM
I'm supporting HSL through the £18.75 a month payment like a lot of others I'm sure. I think it's a great initiative but I do worry what will happen at the end of 12 months and whether subscribers will continue to donate on a monthly basis after already achieving membership. The annual contribution could, therefore, be reduced drastically. I think some kind of new scheme needs to be devised to get people subscribing in perpetuity.

Comparing with the Hearts model, I am sure a lot of their fans are investing in Budge's vision for the club and the tangible progress that is being made. All ties with their previous, failed owners and directors, have been cut. Hibs supporters, meanwhile, are being asked to invest in a club where the owners and board that have presided over our compounded decline in recent years are still in situ. I think that must act as a disincentive.

It's certainly something being looked at, contribution retention after membership has been reached is going to be crucial. For info whilst I can't remember the exact figure it is over 80% of subscribers thus far who have reached full membership who have continued to pay beyond that. Given those paying monthly at a rate of £18.75 are just starting to reach membership now that's an encouraging start.

For me I don't really miss the momey now, I'm a member of HSL and the £18.75 I continue to pay is now a contribution to a 'managers fund' if you like with the added bonus that fans get an increased shareholding at the same time. I hope others will feel the same.

Monts
14-04-2016, 04:32 PM

This is probably the kind of thing Andy74 is talking about

Viva_Palmeiras
14-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Anytime I post anything about HSL, you are there within minutes trying to knock it. Maybe it's just me you don't like? If so, that's fine, I'm not offended.
Apologies if you don't think fans should try to encourage other fans to sign up. Maybe you could put me on ignore?

I for one appreciate the odd post here and there keeping folks in the loop continuing to raise awareness. In lit it's often easier to criticise folks taking action or doing something rather than get off your bahookie and do something as good or better yourself. Folks can ignore anyway

Bostonhibby
14-04-2016, 04:59 PM

Good points, well made. Hsl definitely are contacting existing dd payers to see if they want to continue beyond the initial period.

I am no petrie fan but I don't think I want to see Hibs sever their ties with the current encumbents in the same humiliating way the yams got to their latest nirvana.

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 04:59 PM
I for one appreciate the odd post here and there keeping folks in the loop continuing to raise awareness. In lit it's often easier to criticise folks taking action or doing something rather than get off your bahookie and do something as good or better yourself. Folks can ignore anyway

Thank you.

Pete
14-04-2016, 05:02 PM

:agree:

I don't like these comparisons myself. I think Ozys heart is in the right place though, which is a good thing.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Same here, really don't see the problem in promoting and informing on a subject that can only help Hibs. Easy to ignore!

Blaster
14-04-2016, 05:09 PM
I think one of the reasons people may be reluctant to join is that they are not in favour of fan ownership. I joined a few months ago but simply to give hibs extra funds. I kinda like the security that the current owners give us, but want to give that bit more on top of my season ticket to try and make a 'collective' difference

Everyone has their own reasons for contributing I guess but not everyone does for fan ownership

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 05:11 PM
:agree:

I don't like these comparisons myself. I think Ozys heart is in the right place though, which is a good thing.

There is nothing I hate more than having to compare our current situation to the yams, however they are running a very successful membership scheme and are good example of how good HSL could be for us.

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-04-2016, 05:26 PM
There is nothing I hate more than having to compare our current situation to the yams, however they are running a very successful membership scheme and are good example of how good HSL could be for us.There is no comparison though, they ****s have shed £30-40m worth of debt and bought/cheated a Scottish Cup win. They're still riding the crest of a wave from that financial Houdini trick and it makes a mockery of the so called 'sport' of football in Scotland.

So **** any praise for those cheating *******s. Level playing field my arse!

Keith_M
14-04-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm confused, I thought the money raised, after the first year, was to pay off Budge to buy the Club?

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Their cheating is obviously a frustration but the other clubs turned a blind eye and there is not much can be done about it now. I'm trying to point to what HSL can be in the future.

Ozyhibby
14-04-2016, 05:39 PM
I'm confused, I thought the money raised, after the first year, was to pay off Budge to buy the Club?

After two years.

southern hibby
14-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Question can someone confirm or deny that Vlad's niece does own 20% of shares as I was speaking to a Jambi and he thinks that it's just a Hibs myth.

GGTTH

Jones28
14-04-2016, 06:04 PM
There is no comparison though, they ****s have shed £30-40m worth of debt and bought/cheated a Scottish Cup win. They're still riding the crest of a wave from that financial Houdini trick and it makes a mockery of the so called 'sport' of football in Scotland.

So **** any praise for those cheating *******s. Level playing field my arse!

Like it or not they are where they are, be that by playing fairly or not.

At this rate they will be even further ahead by the time we get promoted.

lucky
14-04-2016, 06:14 PM
I'm a member of HSL and continue to donate. I like the idea that we as fans own the club. As for the puddle drinkers who cares. If we want an improved player budget and fan ownership then HSL is the way to go

hibbymac
14-04-2016, 06:18 PM

:top marks sums it up for me, some people are comparing apples with oranges.

BSEJVT
14-04-2016, 06:50 PM
There is absolutely no point in comparing HSL to FOH they were born out of completely different sets of circumstances, have different timelines and different aims.

I find the constant comparison and bigging them up tiresome and counter productive.

I am an HSL contributor but I have to say it was more despite Ozy than because of him.

Different folk have different opinions but I would have thought that those on these boards that were going to contribute already have done and I am now at the stage of ignoring everything Ozy says on the topic as I am bored with the rhetoric.

There is a huge danger IMO of turning folk off.

Advertising campaigns / messages have a shelf life and whilst the product is a good one and can survive for generations I don't see many successful modern products using past years advertising campaigns other than the odd nostalgic blast.

I am a fairly recent subscriber to HSL and what prompted me to do so was the now apparently erroneous hope that we had finally turned a corner and were a club, board , manager and team worthy of my support.

Regardless I will carry on, but what we need for HSL to take off is a galvanising cause good or bad.

Personally I would reduce the season ticket prices by £100 on the condition that that £100 was invested into HSL, in the hope that would get at least the season ticket base involved.

I accept fully we would be swapping season ticket income for that year and diluting the existing shareholders capital but it may cause it to take off and at worst HSL would have an enlarged subscriber base to target.

Cheshire Hibby
14-04-2016, 07:01 PM
I for one will be 'renewing'. I chose the single one off £225 payment so am now a full member of HSL and at the 12 month anniversary of that payment I will renew for the next 12 months with a further £225. I am content that this cash does two things. It supports the team budget and it helps HSL grow their share holding.

I am also a personal shareholder and may increase my shareholding in order to further contribute to the team, a team which many of you have enjoyed this season and which you get to see more often than I do by a mere fact of residence location.

I would encourage Hibs fans everywhere to support the team, as our rivals across the city are doing with their club, by supporting HSL with a monthly contribution or by buying shares direct from the club.

Together, united and with more of us, we can make a difference.

In addition, what I would like to hear from the Directors of HSL is a clearer explanation of their vision for the club once they get their share holding up to an influential position with a Director on the Board. The fans need to and want to know more about how HSL intends to make a difference and what success for HSL looks like.

C'mon Hibees everywhere, if we really want it, we can be as strong as that lot.

See you at Hampden on Saturday.

LeithMike
14-04-2016, 07:04 PM
There is absolutely no point in comparing HSL to FOH they were born out of completely different sets of circumstances, have different timelines and different aims.

I find the constant comparison and bigging them up tiresome and counter productive.

I am an HSL contributor but I have to say it was more despite Ozy than because of him.

Different folk have different opinions but I would have thought that those on these boards that were going to contribute already have done and I am now at the stage of ignoring everything Ozy says on the topic as I am bored with the rhetoric.

There is a huge danger IMO of turning folk off.

Advertising campaigns / messages have a shelf life and whilst the product is a good one and can survive for generations I don't see many successful modern products using past years advertising campaigns other than the odd nostalgic blast.

I am a fairly recent subscriber to HSL and what prompted me to do so was the now apparently erroneous hope that we had finally turned a corner and were a club, board , manager and team worthy of my support.

Regardless I will carry on, but what we need for HSL to take off is a galvanising cause good or bad.

Personally I would reduce the season ticket prices by £100 on the condition that that £100 was invested into HSL, in the hope that would get at least the season ticket base involved.

I accept fully we would be swapping season ticket income for that year and diluting the existing shareholders capital but it may cause it to take off and at worst HSL would have an enlarged subscriber base to target.
That is an excellent idea about putting part of the season ticket money to HSL If we don't get promoted. It also helps hold the board and owners accountable for performance on the park.

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Question can someone confirm or deny that Vlad's niece does own 20% of shares as I was speaking to a Jambi and he thinks that it's just a Hibs myth.

GGTTH
She did have IIRC less than 10% but no longer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

SunshineOnLeith
14-04-2016, 07:53 PM

What about the season ticket holders (most of them, going by the take up of HSL so far) who have no interest in subscribing to HSL?

LeithMike
14-04-2016, 07:59 PM
What about the season ticket holders (most of them, going by the take up of HSL so far) who have no interest in subscribing to HSL?

You could just give the season ticket holder the option, charging £400 with the option to donate £100 to HSL if the season ticket holder so chooses.

hhibs
14-04-2016, 08:05 PM
This is probably the kind of thing Andy74 is talking about

You have a point there.

southern hibby
14-04-2016, 09:12 PM
She did have IIRC less than 10% but no longer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks

GGTTH

Schteff
14-04-2016, 09:53 PM
I'll never applaud they beasts..

Pity they never had the decency to pay the folk that they owed millions to back.

Welts each & every one of them.

I wonder how many bairns are going without new school shoes & birthday presents cos they're folks are pumping cash into that poisoned organisation