PDA

View Full Version : only 400 viewing hibs.net tonight

monktonharp
13-04-2016, 11:36 PM
is this not a very low number, even if it's 12;30am? Admins could comment, but it seems particularly low. obvious reasons, if so but nevertheless it does seem that many have shyed away tonight. thoughts?

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2016, 11:54 PM
is this not a very low number, even if it's 12;30am? Admins could comment, but it seems particularly low. obvious reasons, if so but nevertheless it does seem that many have shyed away tonight. thoughts?

Simple mate ................ Folk can tolerate their fellow fans venting their anger at last nights result and the poor form leading up to it. Folk can tolerate differences of opinion as to who or what is to blame and what to do about it.

What folk get fed up of is the ( far too many ) folk saying its time to give up on the team before they have actually failed ...... Off the top of my head I've seen a post from a guy who has a semi final ticket but has decided he isn't going and another from a guy saying our season is over.

No wonder folk are getting put off.

magnificent_seven
13-04-2016, 11:55 PM
You have to be logged in to view the forum and it's usually public, therefore there are no guests viewing.

monktonharp
14-04-2016, 12:16 AM
ok guys. just noticed the numbers listed and thought.....that's a lot less than normal for this time o' nicht. correct?

monktonharp
14-04-2016, 12:17 AM
You have to be logged in to view the forum and it's usually public, therefore there are no guests viewing.why no guests/ we cant hide facts, Shirley?

monktonharp
14-04-2016, 12:23 AM
Simple mate ................ Folk can tolerate their fellow fans venting their anger at last nights result and the poor form leading up to it. Folk can tolerate differences of opinion as to who or what is to blame and what to do about it.

What folk get fed up of is the ( far too many ) folk saying its time to give up on the team before they have actually failed ...... Off the top of my head I've seen a post from a guy who has a semi final ticket but has decided he isn't going and another from a guy saying our season is over.

No wonder folk are getting put off.Can I have his ticket? not got mine yet but I will be there. twice at Hampden in a couple of months. not many clubs do that. Saturday is winnable and I can see some will not be up for it but our buses are almost full again despite early/tv/etc:confused:

Pretty Boy
14-04-2016, 07:20 AM
why no guests/ we cant hide facts, Shirley?

We had to boot guests out during the latter stages of the game on Tuesday to allow registered users to access the site. The sheer numbers looking in were causing all kinds of problems with the server. Limiting access to non members is the easiest was to solve the problem short term.

I'm assuming it's just not been changed back yet. I'l need to take a look.....

ionahibby
14-04-2016, 08:24 AM
In my opinion we should keep it for logged users only all the time. Would stop the any non desirables looking in and any lazy journalist looking for a story. Any real hibs fan can easily set up an account.
Ps admins deserve credit for all the work they do especially as it's in their own time.

TAHibby
14-04-2016, 08:58 AM
In my opinion we should keep it for logged users only all the time. Would stop the any non desirables looking in and any lazy journalist looking for a story. Any real hibs fan can easily set up an account.
Ps admins deserve credit for all the work they do especially as it's in their own time.

I'm sure that's what sevco do...

Pretty Boy
14-04-2016, 08:59 AM

The issue with that is that our advertising income would take a massive hit. That would result in us not being able to continue to support the club with financial donations (another £6000 last month btw).

It's a tough one but on balance I think allowing guests to view the forums as standard is the right way to go.

marinello59
14-04-2016, 09:08 AM

Unlike other fan forums that keep their doors permanently locked we figure we have nothing to hide here. It makes it easier for people at work etc just to nip in and out as well. It really does keep things simple for all Hibs fans to enjoy this place.

greenginger
14-04-2016, 09:12 AM
The issue with that is that our advertising income would take a massive hit. That would result in us not being able to continue to support the club with financial donations (another £6000 last month btw).

It's a tough one but on balance I think allowing guests to view the forums as standard is the right way to go.

£ 6,000, that's a brilliant result. We should all keep logged on when were not using our laptops for anything else :greengrin

BTW, is admin. Mikey still involved , I never seem to see any of his very sensible posts these days ?

ionahibby
14-04-2016, 09:16 AM

£6000 is some amount so i can see why if it's creating that amount of money through advertising. I've no complaints with that then.

Onceinawhile
14-04-2016, 10:24 AM
It's probably down as numerous people would've been peeved at the results and not wanting to read about it.

Certainly why I avoided the place!!

ALF TUPPER
14-04-2016, 11:50 AM
I've fallen out with Hibs for the moment. Others probably feeling the same . 😳

Golden Bear
14-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Individual player bashing threads seem to be in vogue at the moment with a few of our resident posters. That's as good a reason as any for avoiding the site in the aftermath of another bad result.

Beefster
14-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Unlike other fan forums that keep their doors permanently locked we figure we have nothing to hide here. It makes it easier for people at work etc just to nip in and out as well. It really does keep things simple for all Hibs fans to enjoy this place.

Rubbish. I was appalled to hear that we're letting anywhere near 400 of the hoi polloi on here. I'd go further and restrict visitors to those PMs who are incredibly handsome and live in East Lothian.

Golden Bear
14-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Rubbish. I was appalled to hear that we're letting anywhere near 400 of the hoi polloi on here. I'd go further and restrict visitors to those PMs who are incredibly handsome and live in East Lothian.

I had to google that! My edgikashun for the day.

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2016, 12:26 PM

... I would further exclude those who use the English definite article, the, in front of the Greek definite article, hoi.

That should keep the riff-raff out. :nerd:

Ronniekirk
14-04-2016, 01:06 PM
I've fallen out with Hibs for the moment. Others probably feeling the same . [emoji15]

But you know you will fall back in with them and keep supporting them [emoji857][emoji106]

ALF TUPPER
14-04-2016, 02:01 PM
It's true Ronnie. Bl**dy Hibs !! It's what we do ......👍🏻😊

Beefster
14-04-2016, 05:47 PM
... I would further exclude those who use the English definite article, the, in front of the Greek definite article, hoi.

That should keep the riff-raff out. :nerd:

Good point, well made. You're on my ban list when I take over.

Broken Gnome
14-04-2016, 06:00 PM
I never log in as it can be a bit of a nightmare on a mobile, only viewing the last post of a thread and such like. Would think there's a lot more in the same boat?

Beefster
14-04-2016, 07:19 PM
I never log in as it can be a bit of a nightmare on a mobile, only viewing the last post of a thread and such like. Would think there's a lot more in the same boat?

On my mobile, clicking on the thread title takes me to the first unread post.

monktonharp
15-04-2016, 02:41 PM
I've fallen out with Hibs for the moment. Others probably feeling the same .  c'mon. that must be temporary, as being a Hibby is for life. not just for christmas:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2016, 03:56 PM
c'mon. that must be temporary, as being a Hibby is for life. not just for christmas:wink:

I'm afraid this is true. It's a life sentence, with no possibility of parole. There's no escape.