PDA

View Full Version : South Stand Parking?

JennaFletcher
13-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Apologies if this thread is re-hashed every single cup game but it'll be the first time I'm driving through to Hampden on Sat instead of catching a bus. Any tips for parking near South Stand? Heard there's a few car parks nearby for a 5er?

Nae used to this 12.15pm kick off either, do you think leaving Edinburgh at 10am is plenty time with no stop off en route?

Cheers and GGTTH! :flag:

eastterrace
13-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Apologies if this thread is re-hashed every single cup game but it'll be the first time I'm driving through to Hampden on Sat instead of catching a bus. Any tips for parking near South Stand? Heard there's a few car parks nearby for a 5er? Nae used to this 12.15pm kick off either, do you think leaving Edinburgh at 10am is plenty time with no stop off en route? Cheers and GGTTH! :flag: if you drive up past the south stand up the hill there are plenty of side streets you can park in , then you would have about 5-10 mins to the ground. It's up near crowfoot bowling club

Brightside
13-04-2016, 08:40 PM
What about North stand parking? I'm giving the limo a miss as its ****** bad luck!

Jumbo
13-04-2016, 08:45 PM
if you drive up past the south stand up the hill there are plenty of side streets you can park in , then you would have about 5-10 mins to the ground. It's up near crowfoot bowling club
Watch out for signs on lampposts, saying permit required during events at Hampden, seen a lot of tickets on cars after final !

eastterrace
13-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Watch out for signs on lampposts, saying permit required during events at Hampden, seen a lot of tickets on cars after final ! he will be fine up near the bowling club

Golden Bear
13-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Head for the Kings Park area, you should have no problem finding a space in the surrounding streets. A fifteen minute stroll to the stadium from there.

Golden Bear
13-04-2016, 08:53 PM
he will be fine up near the bowling club

Yip, or in the streets behind it (Kings Park)

chasitup
13-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Watch out for signs on lampposts, saying permit required during events at Hampden, seen a lot of tickets on cars after final !

Aye, me included. Lesson learned, thought that was way too easy.

jonny
13-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Any info on where to park at the north east side? Like the OP I normally get a bus for hampden trips.

Hibs Class
14-04-2016, 06:53 AM
Any info on where to park at the north east side? Like the OP I normally get a bus for hampden trips.

I usually aim for Dixon Road, always managed to get parked there. It's on-street parking and if there are not any spaces one of the other adjacent streets will be fine. About ten minutes walk from hampden and you pass the street that cathkin park is on if you fancy popping in there as well.

jonny
14-04-2016, 05:29 PM
I usually aim for Dixon Road, always managed to get parked there. It's on-street parking and if there are not any spaces one of the other adjacent streets will be fine. About ten minutes walk from hampden and you pass the street that cathkin park is on if you fancy popping in there as well.

Thanks pal, much appreciated 👍