PDA

View Full Version : Leeann on sportsound

Ozyhibby
13-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Thought she spoke quite well, all things considered. Seemed confident we could turn it round. Let's hope she is right. Worth a listen for those still prepared to do so.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads
Not sure if it's up yet but will be soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJM
13-04-2016, 06:55 PM
I trust her. I hope I'm right.

Waxy
13-04-2016, 07:26 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36039860

Billychaotic182
13-04-2016, 07:46 PM
How exactly are we moving forward? We have less points and less goals than we did at this stage last season.

Scorrie
13-04-2016, 07:47 PM
How exactly are we moving forward? We have less points and less goals than we did at this stage last season.

And are lower in the league...

Pretty Boy
13-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Does that count as the 'dreaded' vote of confidence?

Michael
13-04-2016, 07:58 PM

Yup. Few managers ever come back from this.

Lago
13-04-2016, 08:02 PM
She did qualify it with " this season "

Steve20
13-04-2016, 08:07 PM
She's right about him not becoming a bad manager overnight. He wasn't a good one to begin with.

Naming the semi final last year and this year's league cup finals as achievements as well? We lost both. That's not an achievement.

We're going backwards and I'd expect her to be seriously more concerned than she's saying publicly.

Orchard_Hibs
13-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Same hot air we have heard before in these type of situations from RP. She lacked the courage to sack Stubbs 3 weeks ago when we still had a chance at promotion, and when it should have been done.

marinello59
13-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Same hot air we have heard before in these type of situations from RP. She lacked the courage to sack Stubbs 3 weeks ago when we still had a chance at promotion, and when it should have been done.

We still have a chance of promotion.

Orchard_Hibs
13-04-2016, 08:17 PM

Aye ok then, how many players do Falkirk need to have sent off for us to beat them with a 2 goal lead, we are not going up.

Brightside
13-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Getting to cup semis isn't an achievement? FFS some people need to wake up.

Schteff
13-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Winning trophies is an achievement, he's achieved heehaw

13-04-2016, 08:19 PM
As others have pointed out as far as the League goes we're behind last season so that's not going forward. All a bit of a PR stunt to make it sound better than it actually is.

LD has however nailed her colours to the mast here. I'm happy to cut people a bit of slack for now and judge her and AS on where we are at the end of the season.

Scottish Cup I'd love us to win but I could go another season longer as long as we're back in the Premiership next season. That has to be the number one priority.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2016, 08:21 PM
I believe she has done a lot of good since she took her role on, I continue to back her plan and way of doing things but at the on the football pitch end of the business I am not interested in words and interviews anymore. Deeds on the pitch between now and the end of the season then review what we have achieved and start with some plans and words relevant to that position for next season.

Monts
13-04-2016, 08:22 PM
I made it clear that I thought it would be best of he was replaced for the run in. But now that we know he is staying there is no point in shouting him down. He'll get my support :agree:

marinello59
13-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Aye ok then, how many players do Falkirk need to have sent off for us to beat them with a 2 goal lead, we are not going up.

Point still stands. We still have a chance of promotion.

Hi Heid Yin
13-04-2016, 08:26 PM
I like Leeann Dempster. She comes across as very confident and speaks in a very matter-of-fact way.
She's no bed-wetter and will not push a manager out the door who she firmly believes in and who she knows is going through his first managerial "crisis".
How Alan Stubbs reacts and performs between now and the seasons end will, I'm sure, be closely scrutinised by her.

Stokesy's on fire
13-04-2016, 08:30 PM

so what would you like to see happen?

onfire
13-04-2016, 08:35 PM
One loss at home all season - 2 great cup runs. This is his first blip and I'm more than happy to support him through it.

TheFamous1875
13-04-2016, 08:36 PM
She's completely right to not entertain any notion of Stubbs vacating his post, when we've got a Scottish Cup semi-final at the weekend and a game against the leagues best team a few days later.

It'll only be after then that she will be considering things and rightly so.

bingo70
13-04-2016, 08:39 PM

She needs to try and be positive, even if what she's saying isn't strictly true.

If she came on the radio saying we were *****, Stubbs didn't have a clue and were even worse than last season it probably wouldn't go down too well.

Stax
13-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Who do you think we should have brought in 3 weeks ago?

Orchard_Hibs
13-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Point still stands. We still have a chance of promotion.

yes we have a chance, I also have a chance of winning the euro millions.

Orchard_Hibs
13-04-2016, 08:49 PM
so what would you like to see happen?

Get shot of an incompetent manager who can't see where he is going wrong, and as for who I'd give the job too anyone of the managers who over the past few weeks have worked out how to beat us with part time footballers/ pro's on at least half the wages that some of our squad are currently on.

Winston Ingram
13-04-2016, 08:51 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36039860

It's utter pish. Run of form? We're in the ****in Championship and we should be destroying this pish. It's basically confirming that we're waiting for the plane to crash before pulling parachute.

Like our Alan, it appears our board never learn either.

marinello59
13-04-2016, 08:57 PM
yes we have a chance, I also have a chance of winning the euro millions.

So you would sack him now? And replace him with who?

Kaiserclem
13-04-2016, 08:58 PM
I have been really impressed with LD since day 1. Unfortunately this is the first time I have been disappointed with her, claiming that getting to a semi final last year and getting beat from an inferior side, Falkirk, is an achievement and also getting beat this year by an inferior side in a cup final, also as an achievement is a joke. A dip in form? We have not won 29 games in the championship in under two seasons. That's against plumbers etc. at times and with the resources we have all made available to Stubbs I feel she is now becoming deluded. We have lost 16 games, only 4 of the, against hearts or Rangers. The rest against absolute tosh. Players are constantly being played out of position, formations are too predictable, substitutions don't happen when everyone can see they need to be, too much loyalty to certain players who are not performing and tactics are shocking. How many managers do we see making decisions or substitutions against us to change a game and it works? How many times do we see Stubbs doing it? Shocking.

LD needs to wake up, smell the coffee and show the strength I thought she had and be honest, we are not experiencing a 'dip in form' at all, that's a run of 2-3 games without a win, our current situation is critical and shocking. What is she going to do to get us out of this mess. Surely she sees the tactically inept decisions going on that we see??? Sorry LD, big fan of urs but that interview is a joke.

mcfly
13-04-2016, 08:59 PM
We are all unhappy with what is going on, last nights defending was dreadful.

I listened to the interview and she has to stand by Alan Stubbs. Changing boss now would not work and I think we have to back the manager at least till end of season and see if he can turn it around.

I do however feel if we lose on sat then the pressure will really crank up and I'm not convinced we can handle the pressure.

I really hope we can though we need to be promoted.

Joe6-2
13-04-2016, 09:02 PM

Do you REALLY believe that? Of course mathematically we have, but in reality I have this real dread!!

Orchard_Hibs
13-04-2016, 09:03 PM

No, I'd have sacked him last season when we failed to get promoted. I don't consider last season to be successful never mind this one. As for who I'd appoint, Jack Ross, if he can get an already relegated team of part timers to beat us, I'm sure he could get us to hold a 2 goal lead against 10 men with 3 minutes to go.

marinello59
13-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Do you REALLY believe that? Of course mathematically we have, but in reality I have this real dread!!

It doesn't matter what I believe, that's fact. Stubbs' job is to get us up. The challenge is still live. Realistically we were always going to be in the play offs. Fail to win through and he will be gone.

matty_f
13-04-2016, 09:08 PM

Probably supporting the wrong club, Hibs have never regularly won trophies so you're going to find following them very unfulfilling if you only attribute a trophy to achievements.

matty_f
13-04-2016, 09:09 PM

How did Falkirk fo against 10 man Hibs?

SJM
13-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Probably supporting the wrong club, Hibs have never regularly won trophies so you're going to find following them very unfulfilling if you only attribute a trophy to achievements.

When was our last achievement then? Playoff trophy will do me all day long mind you.

Biggie
13-04-2016, 09:10 PM
If we set the bar any lower it would be scraping along the floor......

Kaiserclem
13-04-2016, 09:11 PM
No matter what happens or where we end up this season, I think we will witness as big a shake up in the playing squad as we seen when we were relegated. Some will leave in their choice and some have to be shown the door. We need to be honest here, these are Stubbsy's players and they are not good enough. We finished 21 points behind Hearts last season and are currently 3rd and 19 points behind sevco, that is unacceptable IMO but some fans and LD seem to think that we are just suffering a 'blip' well, I would hate to see what our record would be like when they finally admit it is more than a blip. Frightening. We have lost twice to Dumbarton and Alloa lol this is the lowest I have ever seen us and we are having interviews like that telling us we are in a blip lol unbelievable.

Gerard
13-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Thought she spoke quite well, all things considered. Seemed confident we could turn it round. Let's hope she is right. Worth a listen for those still prepared to do so.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads
Not sure if it's up yet but will be soon.

I think this was fair and honest interview. Words are easy. Actions are much harder. I hope that we will get to another SC final. I hope that this year we will prevail and get promotion.:wink:

matty_f
13-04-2016, 09:13 PM
When was our last achievement then? Playoff trophy will do me all day long mind you.

Depends on your way of looking at things - i'd say taking a Championship side to a national cup final was an achievement.

I'd say knocking ICT out the Scottish Cup away from home was an achievement, and coming back from 2 down to put Hearts out the Scottish Cup was an achievement. They're all recent.

SJM
13-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Depends on your way of looking at things - i'd say taking a Championship side to a national cup final was an achievement.

I'd say knocking ICT out the Scottish Cup away from home was an achievement, and coming back from 2 down to put Hearts out the Scottish Cup was an achievement. They're all recent.

Well you must really rate Houston as well then?

Inverness are horrible this season but outplaying hearts as well as Aberdeen I'll grant was brilliant. It's not an achievement tho.

Hibs90
13-04-2016, 09:15 PM
Sounds like she's trying to put a positive spin on things and rightly so. She can't come out and say what we all are in public can she? But actions speak louder than words so I guess we will see what happens in the future.

Or if she is being completely serious then I fear we have already accepted mediocrity.

Borderhibbie76
13-04-2016, 09:20 PM
I have been really impressed with LD since day 1. Unfortunately this is the first time I have been disappointed with her, claiming that getting to a semi final last year and getting beat from an inferior side, Falkirk, is an achievement and also getting beat this year by an inferior side in a cup final, also as an achievement is a joke. A dip in form? We have not won 29 games in the championship in under two seasons. That's against plumbers etc. at times and with the resources we have all made available to Stubbs I feel she is now becoming deluded. We have lost 16 games, only 4 of the, against hearts or Rangers. The rest against absolute tosh. Players are constantly being played out of position, formations are too predictable, substitutions don't happen when everyone can see they need to be, too much loyalty to certain players who are not performing and tactics are shocking. How many managers do we see making decisions or substitutions against us to change a game and it works? How many times do we see Stubbs doing it? Shocking.

LD needs to wake up, smell the coffee and show the strength I thought she had and be honest, we are not experiencing a 'dip in form' at all, that's a run of 2-3 games without a win, our current situation is critical and shocking. What is she going to do to get us out of this mess. Surely she sees the tactically inept decisions going on that we see??? Sorry LD, big fan of urs but that interview is a joke.
Not really sure what you expect her to say 3 days before a cup semi final?? Re Stubbs I agree with a lot of your points but she has made it clear he is here till end of season so publicly she has to back him. He was never getting sacked before end of season regardless

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ShinyFantastic
13-04-2016, 09:20 PM
So basically, the conclusion that can be drawn from this is, we're ****ed

Borderhibbie76
13-04-2016, 09:21 PM
No, I'd have sacked him last season when we failed to get promoted. I don't consider last season to be successful never mind this one. As for who I'd appoint, Jack Ross, if he can get an already relegated team of part timers to beat us, I'm sure he could get us to hold a 2 goal lead against 10 men with 3 minutes to go.
So u Base your decision on our next manager at this crucial stage of season on 90 mins of football last Saturday? ? Thank f $#$ LD is in charge then

Orchard_Hibs
13-04-2016, 09:25 PM
So u Base your decision on our next manager at this crucial stage of season on 90 mins of football last Saturday? ? Thank f $#$ LD is in charge then

What is crucial at this stage of the season? We may well beat DU on sat, but then get beat of either of the OF in the final. Currently our season is finished.

Borderhibbie76
13-04-2016, 09:27 PM
What is crucial at this stage of the season? We may well beat DU on sat, but then get beat of either of the OF in the final. Currently our season is finished.
Ur missing the point. ..u want to appoint Jack Ross as our new manager based on alloa beating us last Saturday? ? Have a word and stop posting such nonsense mate - things r bad enough just now

marinello59
13-04-2016, 09:28 PM

How can our season be finished when we are in a cup semi final and the promotion play offs? I know you dont think we have a chance in either competition but the facts are that at the business end of the season we are still on the mix. I hope the players show more guts than you.

Borderhibbie76
13-04-2016, 09:28 PM
And our season is far from over yet...cup semi and play offs to come. I no happy clapper right now but we still have plenty to play for

CropleyWasGod
13-04-2016, 09:33 PM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Orchard_Hibs
13-04-2016, 09:35 PM
How can our season be finished when we are in a cup semi final and the promotion play offs? I know you dont think we have a chance in either competition but the facts are that at the business end of the season we are still on the mix. I hope the players show more guts than you.

Guts like last night? Do you actually think we are going to win the Scottish or get promoted after the last 8 games? After our hugely successful cup final record? After the great performances we put up in the last two play offs.

Michael
13-04-2016, 09:38 PM

Fair point.

marinello59
13-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Guts like last night? Do you actually think we are going to win the Scottish or get promoted after the last 8 games? After our hugely successful cup final record? After the great performances we put up in the last two play offs.

I'm saying I hope the players have more guts and self belief than you. I'm sure you will agree as it will increase our chances of achieving anything.

CropleyWasGod
13-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Fair point.
Thanks. I thought so too [emoji4]

WeeRussell
13-04-2016, 09:41 PM

He'd replace him with any manager who has pulled off a result against us in the last few weeks... then presumably we'd be stuck with the guy long-term regardless of how successful he is, having spent money sacking Stubbs and offering this amazing new manager a long/expensive enough contract to prize him away from his previous club.

Sounds fool proof to me :aok:

CropleyWasGod
13-04-2016, 09:42 PM
He'd replace him with any manager who has pulled off a result against us in the last few weeks... then presumably we'd be stuck with the guy long-term regardless of how successful he is, having spent money sacking Stubbs and offering this amazing new manager a long/expensive enough contract to prize him away from his previous club.

Sounds fool proof to me :aok:
Jim Duffy [emoji33]

Orchard_Hibs
13-04-2016, 09:44 PM
I'm saying I hope the players have more guts and self belief than you. I'm sure you will agree as it will increase our chances of achieving anything.

I have plenty self belief thanks and I'd say I have the average amount of guts, so with that in mind I'd hope the players would at least match mine. So no I wouldn't agree.

What I don't have is any faith or confidence in our current manager.

Sir David Gray
13-04-2016, 09:45 PM
I'm sure she doesn't believe that privately, if she does then I would be genuinely worried.

FromTheCapital
13-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Calm and composed.

Can't disagree with a word that she said.

Just thankful that most of the people who talk pish on here don't attend the games.

SJM
13-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Calm and composed.

Can't disagree with a word that she said.

Just thankful that most of the people who talk pish on here don't attend the games.

Rude, pompous and totally incorrect. Well done chief.

FromTheCapital
13-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Rude, pompous and totally incorrect. Well done chief.

Nice.

matty_f
13-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Well you must really rate Houston as well then?

Inverness are horrible this season but outplaying hearts as well as Aberdeen I'll grant was brilliant. It's not an achievement tho.

No, but I can acknowledge his achievements.

SJM
13-04-2016, 10:11 PM
No, but I can acknowledge his achievements.

Which is incidently a lot more than Stubbs. Would always rather have Stubbs though.

SJM
13-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Nice.

Saying everyone that you don't agree with is talking pish and doesn't attend was incredibly nice right enough.

matty_f
13-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Which is incidently a lot more than Stubbs. Would always rather have Stubbs though.

I'd rather have Stubbs too.

FromTheCapital
13-04-2016, 10:18 PM
Saying everyone that you don't agree with is talking pish and doesn't attend was incredibly nice right enough.

Some folk have valid points I accept that but those who say Stubbs has never been a good manager do just talk pish. Pretty simple.

Northernhibee
13-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Some folk have valid points I accept that but those who say Stubbs has never been a good manager do just talk pish. Pretty simple.

The same people who were as quiet as a mouse when we were going on undefeated runs of umpteen games, were in the top five form teams in Europe, were beating Sevco 4-0, beating Hearts, Aberdeen etc.

They are demonstrably talking pish.

Alex Trager
13-04-2016, 10:31 PM

Jesus wept.

I am certainly not happy at the way things are right now but to declare our season as finished is... Well, just a lie.

Away and calm down mate. You're lying to yourself.

FromTheCapital
13-04-2016, 10:31 PM
The same people who were as quiet as a mouse when we were going on undefeated runs of umpteen games, were in the top five form teams in Europe, were beating Sevco 4-0, beating Hearts, Aberdeen etc.

They are demonstrably talking pish.

Exactly mate.

I'm all for people having opinions etc but some of the stuff posted on here aren't even opinions, they're just general nonsense.

matty_f
13-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Exactly mate.

I'm all for people having opinions etc but some of the stuff posted on here aren't even opinions, they're just general nonsense.

:agree:

Ozyhibby
13-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Season is far from finished. If it was finished I wouldn't be caring much about whether Stubbs stays or goes.
There is still everything to play for. It looks like Stubbs will be staying now until the end of the season so we just have to hope he can turn things around.

SJM
13-04-2016, 10:37 PM

How do you mean "never" he's been a manager for one and a half years at the same club, the same club he's failed to achieve the goal that is set out for him to begin with. He's a good coach as demonstrated at Everton, a good man manager and a fantastic eye for a player. The duty is out with his managerial abilities as he's now had 4 months of rubbish bar beating hearts and making the final we ultimately lost. Williamson done similar with a lot less money and everyone hated him.

hibsboy69
13-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Give me Stubbs over Fenlon, Butcher, Calderwood any day.

I don't think we'll win the cup (likely get beat in the final). :boo hoo:

I DO think we will beat both Raith and Falkirk in the playoffs though..........then we'll have a great chance of beating the SPL team.

Im still behind Stubbs.

Hibs Till We Die

:gwa:

Mikey09
13-04-2016, 11:04 PM

A right wee rain cloud you are eh?! Believe it or not our season is far from over. I take it you won't be attending the play offs then?!

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2016, 11:39 PM

Statement number 1 ................... Probably the dumbest sentence ever posted on this forum

Statement number 2 ................... Thank **** you pointed that out, I cant think of a single Hibs fan who might have considered it

Statement number 3 .................... Folk like you turn clubs like us into Third Lanark

Never mind calling into question your right to be a Hibs fan, what are you even doing being a football fan?

California-Hibs
14-04-2016, 12:42 AM

Shut up. Take a step back from the computer, infact, take a few steps back!!

California-Hibs
14-04-2016, 12:43 AM
Statement number 1 ................... Probably the dumbest sentence ever posted on this forum

Statement number 2 ................... Thank **** you pointed that out, I cant think of a single Hibs fan who might have considered it

Statement number 3 .................... Folk like you turn clubs like us into Third Lanark

Never mind calling into question your right to be a Hibs fan, what are you even doing being a football fan?

Spot on!

Hermit Crab
14-04-2016, 03:22 AM
One loss at home all season - 2 great cup runs. This is his first blip and I'm more than happy to support him through it.

One loss at home? You must have missed the 2-6 defeat to the rangers in the petrofact cup and the 0-3 humping that Morton dished out to us a few weeks back......

highland hibbee
14-04-2016, 04:14 AM

That'll be the same jack Ross who at nearly 30 years of age was homesick and had his father in law buy out his contract from Hartlepool, aye Hartlepol England, about 200 miles down the road. Not for me.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2016, 04:46 AM
One loss at home? You must have missed the 2-6 defeat to the rangers in the petrofact cup and the 0-3 humping that Morton dished out to us a few weeks back......One loss that actually mattered, he obviously wasn't counting the pre season friendly that we had 11 injuries for.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2016, 04:47 AM
No, I'd have sacked him last season when we failed to get promoted. I don't consider last season to be successful never mind this one. As for who I'd appoint, Jack Ross, if he can get an already relegated team of part timers to beat us, I'm sure he could get us to hold a 2 goal lead against 10 men with 3 minutes to go.So glad our club don't appoint managers based on nonsense like this.

Winston Ingram
14-04-2016, 05:51 AM
Give me Stubbs over Fenlon, Butcher, Calderwood any day.

I don't think we'll win the cup (likely get beat in the final). :boo hoo:

I DO think we will beat both Raith and Falkirk in the playoffs though..........then we'll have a great chance of beating the SPL team.

Im still behind Stubbs.

Hibs Till We Die

:gwa:

That's like saying give me Arthritis, over Cancer, AIDS or a Stroke

Schteff
14-04-2016, 05:56 AM

It's so the fans fault eh

euro Hibby
14-04-2016, 06:02 AM
Fickle fans fickle team.
We are just not as good as we think !

JimBHibees
14-04-2016, 06:16 AM
Getting to cup semis isn't an achievement? FFS some people need to wake up.

Yep a final and a semi final possibly another final in the same season isnt an achievement didnt realise I now supported Barcelona. He deserves the rest of the season, the style of football and the quality of players brought in have been good and even Stevie Wonder would see it as an improvement however he needs to sort out the recent run. Hope he does and a wee bit more perspective and support for him would help IMO.

JimBHibees
14-04-2016, 06:17 AM

Thats taking bollox to a new level.

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2016, 06:21 AM
Can we go up, of course we can. Can we win the cup, of course we can. Stubbs is going nowhere, even folk like myself who'd prefer a better manager know that.

We all hope we go up and win the cup, its up to him and his players.

JimBHibees
14-04-2016, 06:21 AM

What a loser attitude that is. Glad your not our manager.

JimBHibees
14-04-2016, 06:22 AM
Can we go up, of course we can. Can we win the cup, of course we can. Stubbs is going nowhere, even folk like myself who'd prefer a better manager know that.

Spot on.

InchHibby
14-04-2016, 06:27 AM
Shut up. Take a step back from the computer, infact, take a few steps back!!

In fact, step back into the next room.

Coco Bryce
14-04-2016, 06:59 AM

Are you pished :greengrin

lucky
14-04-2016, 07:19 AM

We would all like a better manager and better players but the reality we've got a manager that many thought would move on following a successful season.

Stokesy's on fire
14-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Fickle fans fickle team.
We are just not as good as we think !

To be fair I don't think anyone thinks we are good

If Stubbs gets is back where we belong this season all will
Be forgotten fickle fans indeed

killie-hibby
14-04-2016, 08:23 AM
When judging managers on what they achieve may I mention Bertie Auld. He got us promoted. How many Hibs Netters would prefer him to Alan Stubbs.
I've supported Hibs for 61 years. In that time we have had relegations and promotions and have won three league cups. For me that averages at one trophy every twenty years. We have had far too many managers in my time. God knows how many Hibs boards have come out with statements saying "we are in a process of rebuilding etc etc etc" It seems to me we have been in a permanent state of rebuilding for those 61 years.
At the weekend on another thread I voted for Stubbs to be sacked. On reflection I voted in anger and would now vote for him to stay. Similar to every Hibs person I am very unhappy at our current situation. There have been times just as miserable. I have watched some rotten Hibs teams with no more than 5000 supporters scattered around the then 65000 stadium.
I now want Stubbs to stay. Give him at least one more year. Personally a Hibs achievement is now leaving a football ground feeling happy after watching decent football. Stubbs team has provided that for me many times this season. I am sure he can do it again. This season has been a cruel learning curve for him. I now want a period of stability.
Dependant on your definition of "achievement" maybe some should sidestep Hibs and do something else with their time. Unfortunately or fortunately I am addicted to Hibs but I dont blame fans/supporters for giving up. Its something to do with weak or strong mental strengths.

SaulGoodman
14-04-2016, 08:32 AM
I was as raging as anyone after the Falkirk game but after having a chance to calm down can I just say, **** me, some people are dramatic

Brightside
14-04-2016, 08:42 AM
We would all like a better manager and better players but the reality we've got a manager that many thought would move on following a successful season.

a few weeks ago this board was full of people worried about him leaving and who would take over....mind you a few weeks ago the board was a lot quieter as it would appear everyone loves a losing team to complain about than a winning team to champion. Certain posters only ever appear when we hit a losing streak.
This season we have been beaten in a Cup Final, we are in the semi of another Cup, and we are still looking at promotion. But I'm told we should dump the staff and get Jack Ross in to take us to the next level. The advance in technology and the open use of the Internet should not always be seen as a positive thing.

SaulGoodman
14-04-2016, 08:45 AM
a few weeks ago this board was full of people worried about him leaving and who would take over....mind you a few weeks ago the board was a lot quieter as it would appear everyone loves a losing team to complain about than a winning team to champion. Certain posters only ever appear when we hit a losing streak.
This season we have been beaten in a Cup Final, we are in the semi of another Cup, and we are still looking at promotion. But I'm told we should dump the staff and get Jack Ross in to take us to the next level. The advance in technology and the open use of the Internet should not always be seen as a positive thing.

Let's not forget that LD has now become Petries puppet because she won't bow to the pressure of sacking a manager during his first real test.

Hi Heid Yin
14-04-2016, 08:45 AM
When judging managers on what they achieve may I mention Bertie Auld. He got us promoted. How many Hibs Netters would prefer him to Alan Stubbs.
I've supported Hibs for 61 years. In that time we have had relegations and promotions and have won three league cups. For me that averages at one trophy every twenty years. We have had far too many managers in my time. God knows how many Hibs boards have come out with statements saying "we are in a process of rebuilding etc etc etc" It seems to me we have been in a permanent state of rebuilding for those 61 years.
At the weekend on another thread I voted for Stubbs to be sacked. On reflection I voted in anger and would now vote for him to stay. Similar to every Hibs person I am very unhappy at our current situation. There have been times just as miserable. I have watched some rotten Hibs teams with no more than 5000 supporters scattered around the then 65000 stadium.
I now want Stubbs to stay. Give him at least one more year. Personally a Hibs achievement is now leaving a football ground feeling happy after watching decent football. Stubbs team has provided that for me many times this season. I am sure he can do it again. This season has been a cruel learning curve for him. I now want a period of stability.
Dependant on your definition of "achievement" maybe some should sidestep Hibs and do something else with their time. Unfortunately or fortunately I am addicted to Hibs but I dont blame fans/supporters for giving up. Its something to do with weak or strong mental strengths.

:top marks

ekhibee
14-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Didn't expect anything less from LD, she was never going to publicly slag off Stubbs, and quite rightly so. I would say the season still has the potential to be a success, but I think, as regards whether there has been progression on the pitch, again we'll only know by the end of the season. Beating these teams in the premiership will count for nothing if we fall at the last hurdle in my opinion, it's not progression if we continue to do as we have the capability of doing, namely beating all sorts of decent teams and getting beat in the final. By the same token if we were to win the Scottish Cup and/or gain promotion, it'll be 1 of the best seasons we've ever had in recent years. I suppose it's difficult to measure progression objectively if you're a Hibs fan, many people have different opinions regarding it. There is one thing I can't really get my head round: if we get to the Scottish Cup final then we've matched the Fenlon team that got to two cup finals and got beaten comfortably both times, so do we have to win the dam thing to show progression? Are we better than that team? Didn't think that was a particularly good team, so we'll see.

SeanWilson
14-04-2016, 11:29 AM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

If nothing else, supporting hibs does give me a chuckle now and again.

Imagine we had some complete plonker like Massimo Cellino coming out and talking utter pish to the media.... What's expected from LD? 'come on guys, lets get behind this team, we can stiill achieve this season' OR 'Aye, you're right Mr BBC yam pundit, we've capitulated and should just give it up now'?

Being peeved at stupid results is one thing but the mass melodrama with some people is borderline ludicrous.

The Green Goblin
14-04-2016, 11:51 AM

That is a fantastic post, with a really good perspective. It also, unfortunately, highlights how and why there is a feeling of underachievement and frustration at the club, as you said, with the win/relegation stats and the constant "rebuilding" mantra. It's the hope that gets you - the whole "it will be different this time" thing, then the fall when it's not is harder and harder each time.

I remember reaching a point earlier in the season where, championship or not, I felt that at least Dempster and Stubbs had both combined to give the club a bit of dignity back, after some truly desperate times. I think that is still true to an extent, but the real fear underlying everything, is the thought that we could be stuck down here for a lot longer, and that getting back up to the top division will get more and more difficult with each passing year. I think that, plus recent results, is fuelling a lot of anger about where we find ourselves.

I agree that some comments have been over the top, but it is the club which has constantly failed to deliver to the fans, especially really long term fans like yourself, and not the other way around.

I would love to be able to post that I thought we would do it, but confidence has to come from more than just blind hope and that's about where I am with things. However, I will still support the club, go to games when I can and pay the season ticket to Hibs tv and watch there when I can't. I must be mad....😉

Andy74
14-04-2016, 11:53 AM

A few weeks ago things were okay. They are not really now, that's the way it goes with management.

The talk about him leaving was really IF we had been truly successful.

Coco Bryce
14-04-2016, 12:07 PM

Weeks? Try months.

NAE NOOKIE
14-04-2016, 12:11 PM
It's so the fans fault eh

Nonsense, followed by more nonsense.

Let me explain it to you ............ Thankfully for all the anger at our recent poor form being expressed by fans on here, most fans still live in hope ( certainly not expectation ) that Hibs can make the cup final and turn around our league form before the playoffs and the vast majority of us are going to stick with it until our season is actually over, because that's what any true fan does.

The rubbish you posted reminded me of Bill Paxton's character in Aliens ..... before the fight has even begun properly he's pointing out that there's no chance of survival ................ and I quote ..... "we're ****ed, we're doomed, game over man .... game over!!!!"

Its one thing facing up to the fact that the odds are stacked against you and quite another to just give up bend over and let cruel fate shaft you up the arse ..... that's the difference between what most fans are doing and the spineless rubbish you posted.

So, no it isn't the fans fault ...... but that's only because the hardcore support of this club aren't like you, if they were we truly would be finished.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5KMXW1ERKLvv0fLY56nPu-eGYLFL7gUJtSv8R6ZkEgw9p5xIU

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Are you pished :greengrin

Aye an early start this morning.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2016, 12:48 PM
And if we could have been promoted by a manager who played the game in a similar style to Auld, i'd have bitten your hand off.

It would have been worth it rather than a minimum of 2 seasons in this dross. :confused:

patlowe
14-04-2016, 01:31 PM
I like Dempster but I can totally understand why fans get frustrated when they hear that we are on track because we "can" still get promoted. We all know that but this isn't just a bad run of form, it's two seasons in which Stubbs and the team have totally failed to convince that they have worked out this league, a league in which we have far greater resources than the majority of the opposition. I will be as happy as anyone to see us go up through the playoffs but it seems disingenous when Stubbs and Dempster reject any criticism on the basis of what we "could" still achieve. It's all well and good keeping face publically, and I understand Dempster/Stubbs can't tear into the manager/team, but it begins to look hollow, and a tad patronising for fans, when it is not acknowledged that there are real problems on the pitch.

JimBHibees
14-04-2016, 03:28 PM
I like Dempster but I can totally understand why fans get frustrated when they hear that we are on track because we "can" still get promoted. We all know that but this isn't just a bad run of form, it's two seasons in which Stubbs and the team have totally failed to convince that they have worked out this league, a league in which we have far greater resources than the majority of the opposition. I will be as happy as anyone to see us go up through the playoffs but it seems disingenous when Stubbs and Dempster reject any criticism on the basis of what we "could" still achieve. It's all well and good keeping face publically, and I understand Dempster/Stubbs can't tear into the manager/team, but it begins to look hollow, and a tad patronising for fans, when it is not acknowledged that there are real problems on the pitch.

The interviews I have seen they both appear honest that we are on a poor run however still realise we still have loads to play for. Up to them both, players, fans etc to pull together to make things happen.

BSEJVT
14-04-2016, 03:39 PM
And if we could have been promoted by a manager who played the game in a similar style to Auld, i'd have bitten your hand off.

It would have been worth it rather than a minimum of 2 seasons in this dross. :confused:

Having lived through the Bertie Auld era, that's not a sentiment I thought I would ever agree with but I do.

In as much as the team constantly let us down, the fans are deluded as to what type of football we play.

I started watching Hibs under Dave Ewing of whose team I remember very little

Since then there are only 7 managers that I immediately recall who have played at some consistent time in their tenure the way I would like us to play:

Turnbull
Miller
McLeish
Mowbray
Collins
Hughes
Stubbs

However it needs to be said that for varying degrees of their tenure they have all had teams that played as badly and some have experienced nearly as poor results as Stubbs.

I think it also needs to be said that relatively speaking Stubbs has played with a far harder deck than most of the above, both in absolute and relative terms.

Other than Collins Stubbs is also the least experienced from a managerial standpoint.

I have concerns about Stubbs:

No plan B

really poor squad construction (although the fact that most of our injuries have been in midfield to our playmakers has exacerbated this)

Inability to keep clean sheets

Having said all that I am not sure there is better out there.

Promotion must be achieved, I don't think we will do it this year, but we must next year

I got slated on the post cup final thread for saying that we needed some hard and dirty *******s who would fight their way through anything to put some spine into the team and stand by that.

If the choice is another year in this division laying beautiful football or a year of turgid football that gets us out, I know what I would pick.

If we are honest with ourselves its what we have watched for most of our lives anyway