PDA

View Full Version : Why I won't quit

HibeesLittleHel
13-04-2016, 12:50 PM
So it’s been pretty traumatic for us Hibs fans but I wanted to put out there why I’ll not be chucking the toys out the pram, or flinging my scarf on the pitch or even voting with my feet and refusing to go back until there is positive change.
I am a Hibs fan. FYI “fan” is short for “fanatic” and the dictionary definition for the word is:-
“a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics”
Well I’m not uncritical as those who sit around me can attest to but I am committed. There is NO other football team I would go to watch over Hibs, WHATEVER.
The results over the past 6 weeks have been abysmal even by Hibs standards. I know confidence has a lot to do with it and personally I think the demolition job Morton did over us (finally as I think we should’ve been a couple up before they scored) was the catalyst to the slump we’re (not) enjoying right now. But I’m not going to chuck it. I’ll be there on Saturday for another semi-final. A tricky match for sure but one I believe we’re capable of winning with the right application and a little bit of luck.
Everyone is entitled to their point of view and even if I don’t agree I can respect that. I do find it unhelpful to read the emotive copy and the expletive ridden personal assaults on people who 7 weeks ago were being lauded by most but that’s life and football I guess.
Players and managers have faults and everyone is an expert when things go wrong. I thought our set up last night was positive and with Boyle we had an attack option we used to good effect in the 1st half. No doubt in my mind Gray’s going off didn’t help but a 2-0 up with 5 mins to go we had ample opportunity to hold onto the ball and see the game out. Retreating and giving away the ball cheaply allowed Falkirk to get opportunities which we did not deal with and 2-2 it was.
So I’m a fan and will be there on Saturday and next Tuesday and the next match after that etc, etc, etc...because I’m a fan and hold an unshakable belief we will see good times at ER again!
So that’s’ me. I’m not interested in entering into ping pong politics by post so will not be reacting to any response. I just wanted my fellow Hibbys to know my thoughts.
Thanks
GGTTH!:flag::flag::flag:

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2016, 01:04 PM
So it’s been pretty traumatic for us Hibs fans but I wanted to put out there why I’ll not be chucking the toys out the pram, or flinging my scarf on the pitch or even voting with my feet and refusing to go back until there is positive change.
I am a Hibs fan. FYI “fan” is short for “fanatic” and the dictionary definition for the word is:-
“a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics”
Well I’m not uncritical as those who sit around me can attest to but I am committed. There is NO other football team I would go to watch over Hibs, WHATEVER.
The results over the past 6 weeks have been abysmal even by Hibs standards. I know confidence has a lot to do with it and personally I think the demolition job Morton did over us (finally as I think we should’ve been a couple up before they scored) was the catalyst to the slump we’re (not) enjoying right now. But I’m not going to chuck it. I’ll be there on Saturday for another semi-final. A tricky match for sure but one I believe we’re capable of winning with the right application and a little bit of luck.
Everyone is entitled to their point of view and even if I don’t agree I can respect that. I do find it unhelpful to read the emotive copy and the expletive ridden personal assaults on people who 7 weeks ago were being lauded by most but that’s life and football I guess.
Players and managers have faults and everyone is an expert when things go wrong. I thought our set up last night was positive and with Boyle we had an attack option we used to good effect in the 1st half. No doubt in my mind Gray’s going off didn’t help but a 2-0 up with 5 mins to go we had ample opportunity to hold onto the ball and see the game out. Retreating and giving away the ball cheaply allowed Falkirk to get opportunities which we did not deal with and 2-2 it was.
So I’m a fan and will be there on Saturday and next Tuesday and the next match after that etc, etc, etc...because I’m a fan and hold an unshakable belief we will see good times at ER again!
So that’s’ me. I’m not interested in entering into ping pong politics by post so will not be reacting to any response. I just wanted my fellow Hibbys to know my thoughts.
Thanks

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

euro Hibby
13-04-2016, 01:14 PM
good post mate. At the end of the day it's about being a supporter and doing your bit. If you are a Hibs fan for any real length of time you must to know that it will always be a rough ride.

Lancs Harp
13-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Don't go next Tuesday fella you'll be there on your own. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
13-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Thanks

Well done. Last night felt like a defeat but like you I'll be there on Saturday, next week and for the foreseeable future giving the team the support that they need.

Fifty years of being a Hibs fan with very little trophies to show for it as well. Saying that I'd rather be a Hibby than some glory hunting Celtic or Man U fan.

Bring it on.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

hibspayne
13-04-2016, 01:35 PM
Thoughts in my head (Sorry dont post a lot on here but felt the urge...be kind)

Great post and agreed, we are all entitled to our opinion's I am as frustrated as everyone else, but followed Hibs since I was nipper and seen some dire football in my time. 2-3 months ago I was thinking we were unbeatable.... Now we have been "sussed out" in my head. Teams know how Stubbs plays, players know how Hibs are playing.... I personally believe we have "Hibseed it" made it harder for us, but not unachievable.

Will we go up this season? Head says No, Heart says Yes..... Did i ever think Leicester City could win the premier league?No, will they win it "Yes, more than likely". Anything can happen. My mate asked me this morning if he said to me this time last year "Would you accept a cup final defeat, Semi Final of the Scottish and in the play offs for promotion in April?" Would i? probably "yes" cause it would mean we can still go up. We can still win the Cup. In 2 months time we might be asking for a statue of Stubbs (Tin Hat On) Promotion and Cup :)

Everything and anything is possible, all I know is I dont get to many games but i kick every ball, celebrate every goal, curse every time we conceed. But all being all I am a Hibs fan, and that I would never change. Ive seen Sauzee play at easter road, ive also seen Neil Orr play at Easter road. Been to cup finals, I was at THAT final stayed till the end, cause I felt the pain we all felt. I was there in 2007 when we lifted the league cup, I felt the glory of being a Hibs fan.

Finally, no matter how annoyed or frustrated or let down i feel..... my daughter loads You Tube, types in Sunshine on Leith Hibs Fans and puts it on the TV...That always reminds me why Hibs are my team.

:flag:

TheSouthMoroccan
13-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Great posts, could not agree more.

hibee_nation
13-04-2016, 04:37 PM
One thing I have learned to my cost is whenever we hit the highs there is usualy a hell of a lot of lows coming up behind. Beating the yams and Sunshine on Leith sung afterwards was a night to remember but on the way to the car I had a wee chuckle thinking what were we going to have to go through to suffer for it. Never thought it would be quite as bad but been the Hibs way for as long as I can remember. Wouldn't have it any other way. GGTTH

Smartie
13-04-2016, 04:44 PM
One thing I have learned to my cost is whenever we hit the highs there is usualy a hell of a lot of lows coming up behind. Beating the yams and Sunshine on Leith sung afterwards was a night to remember but on the way to the car I had a wee chuckle thinking what were we going to have to go through to suffer for it. Never thought it would be quite as bad but been the Hibs way for as long as I can remember. Wouldn't have it any other way. GGTTH

:greengrin I know exactly what you mean.

Although you could look at it this way - they aren't half piling the misery on us at the moment.

Surely there is something just round the corner to make up for it?

It's easy to forget that the highs still just about make it all worthwhile.

Either promotion or the cup would do.

twiceinathens
13-04-2016, 04:49 PM
One of the most reasonable thoughtful and well expressed contributions I have seen on this at times hysterical board.

murray26
13-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Great posts.. Let's back the team and the management until the end.. We're to far gone to make any major changes now so let's get behind them.. Ggtth..

Stantons Angel
13-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Great posts.. Let's back the team and the management until the end.. We're to far gone to make any major changes now so let's get behind them.. Ggtth..

Thank GOD for some worth while posts and posters with a wee bit of sensibility! sure its bad just now but many seem to have forgotten the good times of a few months ago. They were strutting their stuff proud to be Hibees and now wow, they are wailing for the managers head!

Support and belief are whats needed now not the hysteria we are seeing. Hibs are your team, they need you and your support and you need to get behind them and roar them over that line!!

Pete
13-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Great thread amongst all the madness. :thumbsup:

hibs69
13-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Excellent thread and opening post, HLH. :top marks

We do suffer so much being Hibs fans, but when success comes round......., oh boy, it's worth it. Although when wee Jase scored to knock that lot out, seemed to suffer five or six seconds of lock-jaw! Jumping about in the East, couldn't close ma mooth! We get to celebrate a different type of celebrating as Hibees. It's mental and I love it. OOOO TOO BE A HIBEE!

jacomo
13-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Great thread amongst all the madness. :thumbsup:

:agree:

Mon the Hibs!

MrSmith
13-04-2016, 05:58 PM
One of the most reasonable thoughtful and well expressed contributions I have seen on this at times hysterical board.

Through time you will realise a large percentage of these 'hysterical posts' are simply just trolling jumbos!

Hibernia&Alba
13-04-2016, 06:00 PM
I cannae quit; I've already renewed :greengrin

I wouldn't quit anyway. I'm too stubborn/stupid (delete as appropriate) to accept this is Hibs' level.

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2016, 06:29 PM
I cannae quit; I've already renewed :greengrin

I wouldn't quit anyway. I'm too stubborn/stupid (delete as appropriate) to accept this is Hibs' level.

My problem is I have accepted this is Hibs level,mainly because despite allegations to the contrary that we are much better I can't find any recent evidence to support that theory. I almost feel like singing we're **** and we know we are. I attend out of habit and some deep rooted allegiance that has developed over twenty odd years.

Famous Fiver
13-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Watch out. Blackpool Hibs will be along in a minute!!!

Sammy7nil
13-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Deary deary me

hibs69
13-04-2016, 07:34 PM
Deary deary me

Thats two "dearys" mate. Reading the small print, you need 5K for one deary, 10k for 2 dearys. Your post should've just said "me".

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2016, 07:38 PM

I'm glad people are still prepared to go watch this dross. :top marks

HibbyAndy
13-04-2016, 07:41 PM
I'm glad people are still prepared to go watch this dross. :top marks

I thought we were brilliant for 80 minutes last night. Infact i know we were.

murray26
13-04-2016, 07:44 PM
I agree.. It's a confidence issue now.. I still believe we can turn this around..

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2016, 07:47 PM

:faf: Just finished watching the game, and you need a new dictionary, brilliant means something completely different in mine.

We were better than recent games, i'll give you that. Stevenson had a good game, i thought Cummings worked hard and did better at times with the ball, and Fyvie did well before tiring, and Boyle was a good out ball at times in that first half.

The 2nd half we were not at the races, against 11 and 10.

Brilliant :faf::faf::faf:

HibbyAndy
13-04-2016, 07:48 PM
I agree.. It's a confidence issue now.. I still believe we can turn this around..

Me too Murray :agree:

HibbyAndy
13-04-2016, 07:53 PM
:faf: Just finished watching the game, and you need a new dictionary, brilliant means something completely different in mine.

We were better than recent games, i'll give you that. Stevenson had a good game, i thought Cummings worked hard and did better at times with the ball, and Fyvie did well before tiring, and Boyle was a good out ball at times in that first half.

The 2nd half we were not at the races, against 11 and 10.

Brilliant :faf::faf::faf:

Thought Bartley was superb and protected the back 4 well before going off ( dunno if you notice that watching a re run of the match on tv), The players you mentioned were all great as well, Were unlucky with the offside decision and the penalty claim second half , It's certainly a much better performance than in recent weeks for sure.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Thought Bartley was superb and protected the back 4 well before going off ( dunno if you notice that watching a re run of the match on tv), The players you mentioned were all great as well, Were unlucky with the offside decision and the penalty claim second half , It's certainly a much better performance than in recent weeks for sure.

Yes he was never offside, Bartley did well but was on a tightrope after his booking. No the players i mentioned were not great, they were good and had good games.

Yes it was better, but Brilliant, come on?

Pete
13-04-2016, 07:57 PM

Now look what you've gone and done. :rolleyes: