PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody else see this last night?

Paisley Hibby
13-04-2016, 11:19 AM
During the first half the (utterly useless) linesman on West Stand side went up to speak to Houston in the technical area. After a few words Houston PATTED HIM ON THE ARSE and the linesman went back to running the line. Anybody else see that and any idea what it was about?

mvteng
13-04-2016, 11:35 AM
YEP, saw it. Think the linesman was just checking if his complimentary season ticket for next season was ready yet

Pretty Boy
13-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Never saw that but not long before our 2nd I did see the East side linesman just randomly raise his flag for about 5 seconds before putting it down again.

The ball was way over the other side of the park so he wasn't signalling a throw in and was in Hibs half so he wasn't signalling offside. It was very strange.

hibee_girl
13-04-2016, 11:41 AM
Never saw that but not long before our 2nd I did see the East side linesman just randomly raise his flag for about 5 seconds before putting it down again.

The ball was way over the other side of the park so he wasn't signalling a throw in and was in Hibs half so he wasn't signalling offside. It was very strange.

We noticed that too, it was like he thought the ball had gone out at the other side of the pitch, God knows how he could see that though

Smartie
13-04-2016, 11:41 AM

I saw that - totally weird.

I thought he instinctively raised his hand when he thought the ball went out of play on the other side of the pitch as if it was his call to make.

Bizarre.

Carheenlea
13-04-2016, 11:42 AM
During the first half the (utterly useless) linesman on West Stand side went up to speak to Houston in the technical area.
After a few words Houston PATTED HIM ON THE ARSE and the linesman went back to running the line. Anybody else see that and any idea what it was about?

http://i67.tinypic.com/ambgj8.jpg

green day
13-04-2016, 11:51 AM
During the first half the (utterly useless) linesman on West Stand side went up to speak to Houston in the technical area. After a few words Houston PATTED HIM ON THE ARSE and the linesman went back to running the line. Anybody else see that and any idea what it was about?

Yep, the guys round about me were commenting on it at the time.

I think it was just after some of the hammer throwing from Falkirk and the lino was explaining why a free kick had been given.

Stubbs was onto that linesman all game too, so apart from the inappropriate touching (which Houston probably learned at Hearts) it wasn't much different for both benches.

steve75
13-04-2016, 12:00 PM

Hibs had just punted the ball up the park and Stokes was in an offside position. He was nowhere near it and waited until the Falkirk player had full control of the ball and was on his way down the line before starting to make his way over to put pressure on him, pretty standard 'next phase' stuff. It wasn't until he was about a third of the way into the Hibs half stokes caught up with him, it was then the linesman raised his flag for Stokes being offside.

The game seemed to be littered with folk no knowing the rules last night.

eastcoasthibby
13-04-2016, 12:30 PM
The game was splattered not littered by some horrendously bad officiating ...with the Falkirk mob clearly recognising they could put in late challenges, go in over the ball and debate every decision against them without any repercussions. Then we have the other big decisions Stokes getting taken out by the last man in the first half and offside given against Cummings going in to a one on one early in the 2nd half when a yard on at least !!
Regardless of the penalty decision expert Houstons view it wasn't a penalty , it was just because players most of the time get away with manhandling, holding, pulling in the box, McCracken had both arms round Hamlin stopping him from going for a ball ...it was a stick on!
Hypolite started his feigning injury and falling about early on and got away with a number of late lunges...throughout they went down very easily and it looked and felt like the officials couldn't wait to give them freekicks to launch their aerial bombardment.....
Helping officials to give soft freekicks shoddy be a lesson learned but obviously not ..!

Hibeesmad
13-04-2016, 02:22 PM

He was a season ticket holder at hearts about 5 years ago, he loves to give stick about Hibs

Smartie
13-04-2016, 02:24 PM
He was a season ticket holder at hearts about 5 years ago, he loves to give stick about Hibs

FWIW I thought he got every decision he needed to make spot on.

It was the other linesman and in particular the referee who were hopelessly inept last night.

Ardenttwo
13-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Noticed that all the long throw ins from the side of the West Stand. The player was actually ON the pitch before releasing the ba. One of which lost us a goal. Not a thing done about it

SkintHibby
13-04-2016, 03:52 PM

Seems to be a much higher than average amount of Jambo officials in the Scottish game. Very worrying.

SaulGoodman
13-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Seems to be a much higher than average amount of Jambo officials in the Scottish game. Very worrying.

And conveniently you only hear about them when we get beat hmm

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-04-2016, 05:17 PM
FWIW I thought he got every decision he needed to make spot on.

It was the other linesman and in particular the referee who were hopelessly inept last night.

I thought some of his off side calls in the first half were shocking. Couldn't get his flag up fast enough. Completely different approach to his flag raising second half.

Smartie
13-04-2016, 05:20 PM
I thought some of his off side calls in the first half were shocking. Couldn't get his flag up fast enough. Completely different approach to his flag raising second half.

Really?

He might have put the flag up quickly but imo he was right to do so each time.

It was the one at the start of the second half that looked the worst to me - I thought all of the questionable offside decisions were when we were shooting the other way. And the ball was barely in our half during the second half for Falkirk to be offside.

CorrieHibs
13-04-2016, 05:26 PM

Yeah I saw that.

Was totally confused by it. But I was totally confused by a lot of decisions last night. Referees in this country are a absolute joke.