PDA

View Full Version : A plea

Islington Hibs
13-04-2016, 07:56 AM
However frustrated we might be there is no option but to give the team our maximum support until the end of the season. I would be highly surprised if Dempster sacked Stubbs, and in my view she would be right to stick with him. But whatever your view on that consider this.

If we get in the Cup Final, and we have around a 50% chance, there is at least a windfall of £750k/ £1m- that could be critical next season.

Second, while it looks bleak now, we still have a decent chance of promotion. Falkirk are not better than us, although they will not be easy to beat, and Killie are again a 50/50 call. We still have a credible chance- we have shown that we are a good cup tram and the play off's are a cup situation. However if we fail The Championship will be tough again next season with no certainty of promotion, I would suspect we will be down to 4-5k season tickets and average gates of 7k tops. There will be little TV money and no parachute cash. We have a big infrastructure which would simply be unsustainable in that environment. A win against Dundee Utd is thus very critical if we do not go up.

Lose that and fail to get promoted and we will be forced to sell/ get rid of our better players and I would guess a budget cut to around 65% of the current against a Dundee Utd who are now on a bit of form. This is a pretty critical time for Hibs and however pissed off you are save the recriminations until the end of May not now please as our team needs to re-build its confidence and very fast.

rcarter1
13-04-2016, 08:03 AM
However frustrated we might be there is no option but to give the team our maximum support until the end of the season. I would be highly surprised if Dempster sacked Stubbs, and in my view she would be right to stick with him. But whatever your view on that consider this.

If we get in the Cup Final, and we have around a 50% chance, there is at least a windfall of £750k/ £1m- that could be critical next season.

Second, while it looks bleak now, we still have a decent chance of promotion. Falkirk are not better than us, although they will not be easy to beat, and Killie are again a 50/50 call. We still have a credible chance- we have shown that we are a good cup tram and the play off's are a cup situation. However if we fail The Championship will be tough again next season with no certainty of promotion, I would suspect we will be down to 4-5k season tickets and average gates of 7k tops. There will be little TV money and no parachute cash. We have a big infrastructure which would simply be unsustainable in that environment. A win against Dundee Utd is thus very critical if we do not go up.

Lose that and fail to get promoted and we will be forced to sell/ get rid of our better players and I would guess a budget cut to around 65% of the current against a Dundee Utd who are now on a bit of form. This is a pretty critical time for Hibs and however pissed off you are save the recriminations until the end of May not now please as our team needs to re-build its confidence and very fast.

Agree. Its all hand waving until the play offs start. Regardless of the dullness of finishing third, we have to fancy our selves against Raith Rovers. At which point its as you were in terms of playing Falkirk then 2nd bottom. Ill be at every home playoff game supporting the team full on.

hughio
13-04-2016, 08:59 AM

Nice post. Bump.

Worth thinking about you moaners.
Save it.

Diclonius
13-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Agreed. Let's leave the moaning until the end of the season and try and get out of his ***** league.

Plus - after the smug self-satisfied behaviour of Houston and the Falkirk fans last night, imagine how it would feel to knock them out of the playoffs.

coldingham hibs
13-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Agreed. Let's leave the moaning until the end of the season and try and get out of his ***** league.

Plus - after the smug self-satisfied behaviour of Houston and the Falkirk fans last night, imagine how it would feel to knock them out of the playoffs.

You need to have a good imagination to imagine that!.

coldingham hibs
13-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Falkirk & Raith will just stick their big centre forwards up front and it's good night Vienna.

Wilson
13-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Falkirk & Raith will just stick their big centre forwards up front and it's good night Vienna.

You don't get European football by winning the play-offs.

flash
13-04-2016, 09:58 AM
You need to have a good imagination to imagine that!.

This thread is about getting behind the team for the rest of the season.
Do you think we should do that or not? Simple question.

Bleeds green
13-04-2016, 10:12 AM

Well that's that then eh nae point gon to the games! Jesus Christ man this is the problem in elements of our support

Spike Mandela
13-04-2016, 10:12 AM
NOW is the time that the team need us more than ever.

Yes, players made mistakes last night but nobody can fault them for effort. The passion was there for all to see last night. They will be feeling the pain of these setbacks every bit as much as us. I could see it in all their faces last night as they trudged disbelievingly to the tunnel.

We have lost a few battles recently but we haven't lost the war.

Steve20
13-04-2016, 10:16 AM
FFS, people do get behind the team at games. Where is this nonsense idea that people don't coming from?

But the fans are more than entitled to be upset on a message board and declare their disgust at the side outside of the stadium afterwards.

Ronniekirk
13-04-2016, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=Islington Hibs;4645826]However frustrated we might be there is no option but to give the team our maximum support until the end of the season. I would be highly surprised if Dempster sacked Stubbs, and in my view she would be right to stick with him. But whatever your view on that consider this.

Lose that and fail to get promoted and we will be forced to sell/ get rid of our better players and I would guess a budget cut to around 65% of the current against a Dundee Utd who are now on a bit of form. This is a pretty critical time for Hibs and however pissed off you are save the recriminations until the end of May not now please as our team needs to re-build its confidence and very fast.[/

The headlines are predictable in papers Hibs. hibsed it again
But for me a good performance was ruined by ack of composure against 10 men and the old failing of lack of self belief to see out a game came back
We had an extra man and Boyle with pace to burn We should of been able to exploit that in the last10 minutes or at least use the extra man to keep possession
The biggest issue for me is that we are now in the Habit of not winning which cant do confidence any good
We thought having Hanlon back would help but so far it hasn't
We bemoaned Jason s drought but he scored his first double in league this season
Am on holiday so wasn't at the game but i feel for the fans who were and who were entitled to think at 2. 0 up that was us turning the corner
Yes we could reach a Cup Final and get promoted but the evidence of the last few months suggests that is becoming increasingly unlikely

I am Cutting short my holiday to go to the Semi Final but i am going now with no expectation when its a game we should be able to win Thats down to recent results
The reality is we don't know how we Will fare in the play offs as suspension injuries and fatigue will come into play , but so will self confidence and belief and its better in my opinion to go into the play offs winning and full of confidence . If we cant start getting back to keeping the odd clean sheet we are making if difficult given we aren't prolific scorers

13-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Leave the moaning for after the season. Nows the time to get 100% behind the boys.

Diclonius
13-04-2016, 10:33 AM

Cheers for telling me that, I won't bother attending the playoffs then.

TAHibby
13-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Don't disagree at all with what you've said, just tired of having to look at what's left after another week with another low diminishing what we've got left even further. "we only lost the first leg to raith 2-0, we can still pull it back...." "ok we may be 3-0 down on aggregate with only 45 to go but we're capable of scoring three..."

Stokesy's on fire
13-04-2016, 10:50 AM

Ok so you are keen on the giving up option

chrisski33
13-04-2016, 10:53 AM

Fair points but to say falkirk arent better than us isnt correct. Folk have a right to moan at our current situation. Falkirk came back and drew proving that they are just as good as we are or is it a case of us thinking we are better than we actually are? I think on paper we are but they arent proving it on the pitch.we shud have won last night but we didnt
Theres nothing giving me confidence that we can beat falkirk in the play offs.

hibs0666
13-04-2016, 10:57 AM
And what have you seen that says falkirk can beat us?

Even when we are at a low ebb and they are at their best, they can't better us. I know and Houston knows that his team should be wearing masks such was the daylight robbery committed last night.

coldingham hibs
13-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Ok so you are keen on the giving up option

I think it's got to the point that I have given up, like the team have.

hibs0666
13-04-2016, 11:00 AM

Self pity is ugly.

coldingham hibs
13-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Self pity is ugly.

Maybe so, but so is delusion, some people on here must have been in a coma for the past 6 weeks to think that we are achieving anything this season. The team has capitulated, worse than In Butchers reign. Maybe a new manager can reignite the team but Stubbs won't /can't. (Apologies to anyone who may have actually been in a coma).

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2016, 11:35 AM
FFS, people do get behind the team at games. Where is this nonsense idea that people don't coming from?

But the fans are more than entitled to be upset on a message board and declare their disgust at the side outside of the stadium afterwards.

Yes they do .......... but the OP is obviously talking about the number of people who are giving up going to games, not about a lack of backing from those who go to ER or about folk venting their spleen on here.

We had 7,000 home fans at the Livvi game and 8,000 last night for what was probably our most important home game this year, on another thread we even have a guy saying he has a ticket for the semi final but after last night has decided not to go ....... and he wasn't one of the many long on years short on posts brigade who appear to have all of a sudden become so keen to offer their opinion on here either.

It was a plea to our hardcore support to stick with the team .......... at least until the fat lady has sung FFS ......... maybe like me his idea of a true supporter is one who can at least stick with their team until the outcome that looks on the cards has actually happened.

flash
13-04-2016, 11:43 AM

Well you certainly haven't given up dragging down every positive thread possible.

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Well you certainly haven't given up dragging down every positive thread possible.

To be fair he isn't the only one ..... we are even getting folk who dare to suggest that we still try to back the team being called "attention seekers"

flash
13-04-2016, 12:00 PM

pennyhibee
13-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Yes they do .......... but the OP is obviously talking about the number of people who are giving up going to games, not about a lack of backing from those who go to ER or about folk venting their spleen on here.

We had 7,000 home fans at the Livvi game and 8,000 last night for what was probably our most important home game this year, on another thread we even have a guy saying he has a ticket for the semi final but after last night has decided not to go ....... and he wasn't one of the many long on years short on posts brigade who appear to have all of a sudden become so keen to offer their opinion on here either.

It was a plea to our hardcore support to stick with the team .......... at least until the fat lady has sung FFS ......... maybe like me his idea of a true supporter is one who can at least stick with their team until the outcome that looks on the cards has actually happened.
So are you saying people who have been attending easter road for years but don't post a lot aren't entitled to an opinion Do you have to have thousands of posts to be a hardcore supporter :rolleyes:

hibs0666
13-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Maybe so, but so is delusion, some people on here must have been in a coma for the past 6 weeks to think that we are achieving anything this season. The team has capitulated, worse than In Butchers reign. Maybe a new manager can reignite the team but Stubbs won't /can't. (Apologies to anyone who may have actually been in a coma).

Fortunately I can look at the bigger picture. It has been a dismal six weeks but I am not going to whine and greet about it, and there is far to much to play for to be distracted by panic merchants like you.

GreensesArab
13-04-2016, 03:22 PM

I don't think the Falkirk fans were being smug last night. They were just delighted to come back from being two goals down to get a draw. I felt the same at the end of the derby at Tynecastle recently.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 03:26 PM

The team havent as last nights performance proved. We still have everything to play for and while second would be preferable if we need another round so be it.