PDA

View Full Version : Team Spirit?

omalley50
13-04-2016, 07:47 AM
Never once during our good run did I see a player berating a team mate,it now seems to happen all the time.Previously if a mistake was made it was an encouraging pat on the shoulder. Now our players are shoulder shrugging,finger pointing and basically blaming each other for errors.
The team togetherness has gone,it just so happens to have coincided with the arrival of Stokes.
Do not get me wrong I think Stokes has played well the last 2 home games.
It is human nature to be a bit peaved at a workmate being paid loads more than you and I believe this could be the root of our problems.
The 2 goals last night would not have been lost by any other team in the league at that stage of a game.Something is missing and I feel it is Leadership and togetherness.
We really are being put through it just now,Onwards GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Never once during our good run did I see a player berating a team mate,it now seems to happen all the time.Previously if a mistake was made it was an encouraging pat on the shoulder. Now our players are shoulder shrugging,finger pointing and basically blaming each other for errors.
The team togetherness has gone,it just so happens to have coincided with the arrival of Stokes.
It is human nature to be a bit peaved at a workmate being paid loads more than you and I believe this could be the root of our problems.
The 2 goals last night would not have been lost by any other team in the league at that stage of a game.Something is missing and I feel it is Leadership and togetherness.

Yet Stokes patted JC on back before penalty, and was one of the first to congratulate and cuddle JC after he buried penalty.....

SeanWilson
13-04-2016, 08:28 AM

Can we have an LOL picture? How can you say that with any justification? Pants goals to be losing but any team could lose them.

Leadership and togetherness may be missing and to capitulate in that fashion was a disgracce, however, it happens.... Look at our cup game against them this year.

SlickShoes
13-04-2016, 08:34 AM

You mean a team like the Rangers "champions elect" 2-0 up against falkirk wouldn't end up drawing? But they did.

That doesn't make our result any better but just throwing around useless fallacies is pointless.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2016, 08:35 AM
You mean a team like the Rangers "champions elect" 2-0 up against falkirk wouldn't end up drawing? But they did.

That doesn't make our result any better but just throwing around useless fallacies is pointless.

Falkirk won that match 3-2.....

SlickShoes
13-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Falkirk won that match 3-2.....

Sorry then, OP is correct no other team would end up drawing like we did :flag:

TrinityHibs
13-04-2016, 08:42 AM
At least all 3 posts you have made have some consistency. Just out of curiosity is this your third first post or merely your 1st second post?

Smartie
13-04-2016, 08:43 AM
I also noticed that Stokes went out of his way to acknowledge Gray as he went off.

Didn't look like there was a problem between them to me.

omalley50
13-04-2016, 09:59 AM
Sorry folks I did not realise that the validity of your argument was judged on the amount of posts you had made previously.
My point however badly made,is that there would appear to be an increasing moaning and waving of arms/petulance which was not evident in the team earlier in the season. It was the collective togetherness that saw us through some games particularly when we were not playing well.

I will now disappear for another couple of years and let you take the pxss out of someone else.

GGTTH

paddy1875
13-04-2016, 10:05 AM
The team spirit to me looked good last night. On more than one occasion I saw hibs players going into strong tackles after a Falkirk player put one on a hibs player. Stokes running 25 yards to give gray a pat on the back. Stokes again geeing up Cummings before the penalty. The players are fighting for each other on the park.

The defence is just not good enough at dealing with long high balls into the box.

TrinityHibs
13-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Sorry folks I did not realise that the validity of your argument was judged on the amount of posts you had made previously.
My point however badly made,is that there would appear to be an increasing moaning and waving of arms/petulance which was not evident in the team earlier in the season. It was the collective togetherness that saw us through some games particularly when we were not playing well.

I will now disappear for another couple of years and let you take the pxss out of someone else.

GGTTH

The validity of your argument is not based on the number of posts you make. Its based on the content and quality. You made an observation which did not reflect on what happened last night. There was no break down in team spirit last night to suggest otherwise is disingenuous at best. I cannot understand why you would make such a comment. Is that clear enough for you?